a voice for men antifeminism disgusting women misogyny MRA violence against men/women

MRAs: Most inept propagandists ever?

Someone posted this image in the comments at A Voice for Men. As far as I can figure it, it depicts brave MRAs pulling down the allegedly evil Violence Against Women Act, which for some reason is represented by the Venus of Willendorf. Because women are fat? Or is just feminists who are fat? Or battered women?

Is every supposed MRA cause really just an excuse to talk shit about women?

Joanna

Why are they all jockeys?

hellkell
hellkell

Add “can’t Photoshop” to their failings.

Lady Zombie
Lady Zombie

This is better than the mouth-shoe eating the leash.

Joanna

Yeah it’s really too ridiculous to be offensive.

Amnesia
Amnesia

I am actually a bit relieved that MRA graphics have all been of such crappy quality. Means that the chances of me encountering any if I ever work in graphic design are low.

Molly Ren

I *think* they’re trying to make a statement about women being worshipped as goddesses. Which is *totally* something that happens today. *eyeroll*

Here’s two descriptions of VAWA:

First championed in 1994 by then-Senator Biden, VAWA transformed the nation’s response to domestic violence and sexual assault. VAWA has provided funding to states and local communities to develop specialized law enforcement units, provide services to victims, and improve prosecution of these crimes. Since the passage of the Act, the annual incidence of domestic violence has dropped by more than 50%.

source

Grounded on the feminist dogma that men are inherently abusive, VAWA wrecks families and tramples civil rights. It funnels hundreds of millions each year to a corrupt domestic violence industry. It indoctrinates judges, prosecutors, law makers, teachers, and school children in an anti-male, anti-family ideology. All that, without protecting abuse victims. – source: op

Holy moly at the difference…

Also, fun fact: the woman who said the second bit, Janice Crouse, is a member of Concerned Women for America, a biblical group that:

Opposes the Student Non-Descrimination Act
Opposes the bill that mandates that birth-control be supported in health insurance
Seems to support things like the “radical homosexual agenda

Yeah, the group has so many problematic opinions, I can’t imagine they’d be a great impartial source for judging the VAWA bill…

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Now the MRA’s want to join up with Concerned Women for America? That will never happen, although if it did, it would be a match made in hell. They oppose the VAWA for different reasons. The radical right Christians oppose it because divorce is a sin. The MRA’s oppose it because they are the abusers’ lobby. I don’t think they can get too many right wing Christian women on board their movement with blog posts like A Letter to Traditional Women.

When I was a girl in a conservative fundamentalist church, my Sunday school teacher’s husband was physically abusing her. She asked the preacher for advice, and he wanted the husband, a deacon, to have Christian counseling. He told her to try harder to make the marriage work, and that her husband would change, since he was a Promise Keeper. Luckily, my Sunday school teacher knew it was a bunch of crap, so she left her husband and the church.

kirbywarp

*”seems to support things” should be “seems to support the notion that the “radical homosexual agenda” is a thing”

red_locker

what is this i don’t even

Viscaria
Viscaria

I’m pretty sure MRAs are just upset about the “W” in “VAWA”. I doubt many of them have even looked at the act itself.

Pretty sure they quoted Janice Crouse becasue she’s a woman. O_O

From the comments:

It’s even grander knowing that there are groups of women who are ticked off about this and saying so too.

First the men “complain” and now the women.

I am impressed by the show of decency and humanity from these women.

Moar proof that they think that only one group exists, and that group is “women.”

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I agree, Viscaria. If the MRA’s could be bothered to actually read this year’s bill up for reauthorization, they would find out that the bill will expand services to male victims, as well as giving more help to LGBT victims and undocumented victims. It again shows they’re not as interested in helping male victims as they are in harming female victims. I wish the name would be changed to Violence against People Act. Then the MRA’s could tell the truth about why they oppose it.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Wow, Lysander spooner said

Really quite simple, no woman will live in my home until VAWA is repealed.

and Zorro responded

That should be a bumper sticker! Very well said.

I agree! Do not live with women if you are opposed to laws against domestic violence. Put bumper stickers on your cars to let women know how you feel so they can run far away from you.

@Kendra:

I wish the name would be changed to Violence against People Act.

The MRAs agree with you, sorta. 😉

Now if we can just get that whole Violence Against ALL Humans thingy passed…

@Viscaria:

See above. You are correct.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

MRAs abhor violence against women. Unless those women are feminists. Then killing them in an act of vigiliante justice is perfectly acceptable.

hellkell
hellkell

Really quite simple, no woman will live in my home until VAWA is repealed.

I don’t think that’s going to be a problem, you charmer, you.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

The MRAs agree with you, sorta. 😉

A stopped clock is right twice a day. In the case of MRA’s, they occasionally say something right but it’s usually for a terrible reason. This is no exception. They want to scrap VAWA and replace it with some bs law designed by the MRA group SAVE . The main goals of SAVE is to say female victims provoked their abuse and that families need to stay together even when there is physical abuse.

Ha ha, SAVE linked to CWA’s anti VAWA statement. I hope they didn’t read this excerpt

There is no denying the very real problem of violence against women and children.

Do you see that, MRA’s? The CWA believes that violence against women is wrong. How dare they be such misandrists!

Bedelia Bloodyknuckle

Oh, uh huh, sure. The nuclear family was sooooooooo much better…….. -.-

Dracula
Dracula

Nah, they’d still complain even if the name was changed. They’re just opposed to any anti-DV legislation that implies in any way that men can be perpetrators.

Call me cynical, but that’s the impression I’m getting.

@Kendra:

Welp, I did say “sorta.” Funny thing is, that’s exactly what I expected… -_-

@Dracula:

I have noticed that whenever DV is discussed, its one of three things:

– Women being abusive towards men by nagging
– Men being pestered by women until they snap, which is really reasonable if you think about it
– Men being tricked into being violent against other men (violence by proxy)

How much longer until they’ve decided that all problems everywhere are always caused by women?

kirbywarp

and the second point in the list was sarcasm… in case it wasn’t clear.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I knew what you meant, kirbywarp. No worries 🙂 Actually, the reason I brought up the name change is because they’re always saying “Why only worry about violence against women? OMG misandry!” It annoys me so bad because they have no clue that the law also provides protections to male victims of IPV. They just look at the name, see “women”, and then go off on ill informed rants. I’d rather explain the VAWA to my pet cat than to MRA’s. At least my cat is cute and agreeable, unlike the whiny MRA’s at AVfM.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Why are they all jockeys?

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRc_feCJJ0&w=420&h=315%5D

If that doesn’t answer your question, I don’t know what will.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

(That’s also the answer to the question “can Dani do html?”)

Carrie

Kendra, the bionic mommy: It would truly be a short-lived yet vicious alliance since a lot of their theories clash…

Women: CWA want all women to be subservient homemakers who are totally devoted to their husbands’ whims. Though the upper-class ones like Phylis Schfly (sp) prefer to just suck-up to their husbands to get what they want. MRAs think homemakers are pathetic leeches. Heck, the only women they seem to like are barely legal, foreign women who look like models, have jobs (as long as it’s a feminine one), acts like a Stepford Wife and hopefully not age.

Sex: CWAs think women should be chaste until marriage and even then be focused on purity and modesty (sexual matters are according to the husband). MRAs think a girl who is waiting for marriage is just a manipulator who is using men so as long as the sex is mainly with him, MRAs are more tolerant toward non-virgins. To them, all women are sluts so it’s best to use them as soon as they can.

Marriage: To the CWA, the husband is the happy provider and protector of the family while the wife takes care of him (mainly), the kids (the more kids, the better if they’re quiver-full supporters) and the house. To the MRA, the man owes his wife jack-shit, kids are a burden that women use to control them and she still better be devoted to him.

Quackers
Quackers

not only do MRAs shit all over basic human decency, rationality, objectivity, writing, music, and MS Paint…they shit all over historical artifacts as well.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Dani: html is tricking you. You only need to put the adress of the youtube video and the magic happens.

Lauralot

Can the MRM’s new motto be “Fighting injustice with shitty image manipulations and horrible logic”?

kirbywarp

“The MRM: Fighting Injustice with False Equivalence”

Sounds about right, actually.

BoggiDWurms

Is every supposed MRA cause really just an excuse to talk shit about women?

SWGM

Interesting concept, terrible execution. You really can’t just ‘shop something together in ten minutes before class and expect us not to notice, and it’s really insulting to us thay you even tried. C+.

debbaasseerr

Terrible execution? Those look like hand-paint-tooled black ropes SWGM!

Also, “Concerned Woman for America” is slang for “Ladies Against Women”.

Quackers
Quackers

This is off topic but I thought I’d mention it. I get emails from RAINN since I’ve donated and this just arrived in my inbox

ABC made television history this month when its hit drama Private Practice ran a storyline about a male survivor of sexual assault in the military. The episode featured a character that had just returned from Afghanistan, who discloses that he was raped during his military service. This was the first time that a television drama series has featured a male military sexual assault survivor.

The Private Practice team, led by the show’s creator, Shonda Rhimes, partnered with RAINN for the second time in the last year. Experts on RAINN’s staff were able to help the show’s writers and producers understand what many men go through after an assault, and the challenges they face in their recovery process.

Following the February 2 episode, ABC donated ad space to educate members of the military that help is available through the DoD Safe Helpline, which RAINN operates for the Department of Defense.

It’s good to hear male victims getting more recognition in the media. I wonder if MRAs even know about this or even consider it a victory. Probably not since they’re only interested in stories about men raped by women. That deserves recognition too obviously, but lets be honest, it’s not the victims they care about.

Dracula
Dracula

Quackers – I don’t think it is off topic, personally, since it’s an example of what can be accomplished by actual activists. Provides a bit of perspective on what the MRM really is.

BoggiDWurms

MRAs support Private Practice? NEVER! That show is directed by a woman, she must be running some feminist conspiracy to somehow destroy MEN!

Women can never help MEN at all, they are only capable of pursuing selfish, shallow material interests!

/I had a sarcasm

BoggiDWurms

Buttman can never die, only actors who portray him!

Nova
Nova

Crumbelievable: The only issue with the argument that MRA’s are only interested in violence against feminists, is that many believe that women are naturally feminists or “Feminist by proxy.” So… they’re totally for the annihilaton of women, unless they’re the few women involved in the MRA movement.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

@Nova:
Yeah I know. Most of the grudges they hold against ‘feminists’ are clearly just grudges held against women overall (see Dave’s earlier post wherein Reddit MRAs complain about women being whores).

ithiliana

SPeaking of inept propaganda: keep this link handy for the next time a conservative male troll wanders in here blathering about going Galt because all those degenerate feminists and manginas (in blue states) deserve to be cut off and die from his producer perfection: when in fact thh BLUE states/urban areas are the money producing ones that export more to DC, and the red states import more

Quackers
Quackers

@Dracula

good point! 🙂

Explore Nature

MRAs can do this, but corrupted politicians, corrupted media and corrupted court systems are supporting VAWA. All hypocritical men are helping feminists to ruin other men’s lives.

ithiliana

@EN: So when does “making it harder to beat a spouse up” (whether the beating person is man or woman) = “ruining a life”?

Is your life good because you beat a loved one up daily?

Would making you stop it ruin your life?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Shadow
Shadow

Is it just me or does this say “We would have succeeded if everyone didn’t disagree with us”?

Shadow
Shadow

Sorry David, accidentally changed my e-mail address

magdelyn

VAMA has HUGE flaws…including funding ideologues who just so happen to distain guys.

kristinmh
kristinmh

Quackers, there was an episode of CSI a few seasons ago that featured a male rape survivor. I was impressed by how it was handled. Reading what you just posted about RAINN makes me wonder if they were consulted for CSI as well.

In other news, I’ve been reading a Haruki Murakami book which has at least one incident of fm

kristinmh
kristinmh

kirbywarp

Apparently mags is a poet.

Dis`tain´
v. t. 1. To tinge with a different color from the natural or proper one; to stain; to discolor; to sully; to tarnish; to defile; – used chiefly in poetry.

1 2 3 6