Uncategorized

Really really crappy day; regular posts will return tomorrow

My best friend’s cat Bun had to be put to sleep today. It was unexpected. I’d known him for 17 years, since he was a tiny kitten. RIP, Bun. Such a sweet kitty.

I don’t want to make the day shittier by thinking about MRAs.

zhinxy

RIP Bun. πŸ™

Holly Pervocracy

Poor kitty. πŸ™ I’m sorry, David.

*internet hugs*

Discordia

Sorry to hear this David…RIP Bun:(
*also offering internet hugs*

Viscaria
Viscaria

Oh, what a hard day : ( sorry David, all the best to you and your friend.

Snowy
Snowy

Oh no that’s horrible. I’m sorry David.

Nobby

Sorry David, that sucks πŸ™ *hugs if you want them*!

ozymandias42

*hugs David*

I am sure he was a very good kitty. πŸ™‚

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Poor kitty. 17 is a good age for a cat, but it’s always tough to lose an old friend.

(Hugs)

Leni
Leni

So sorry to hear about Mr. Bun :/ I’ve lost many a good kitty lo these many years and it never gets easier.

Really, someone just needs to invent those language translating nanobots from Farscape, like now. No matter how many times, nor how nicely, I explain that the pills aren’t poison and the Vet isn’t evil, they just never understand :*(

But here is a picture that I think will make you smile for a second or two πŸ™‚

Carling

All the consensual internet hugs xoxoxox

cloudiah
cloudiah

So hard to lose the little purr-machines. I lost two in quick succession about two years ago, swore I’d never put myself through that again, and I am right now cuddled up on my couch with my two new kittens, Hazel and Buster. We all send our love.

Xanthe
Xanthe

*virtual-hugs David*

Ullere
Ullere

Sorry for the demise of your cat, is your best friend planning on getting another pet? I remember how upset I and my siblings were when my first cat died, I haven’t had a pet since.

Bostonian

I am sorry for your friend’s loss, it is always hard to lose a pet, even in the best of circumstances.

burgundy
burgundy

Poor Bun. Poor Bun’s sister. Poor friend. Poor you. I’m really sorry.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I’m sure the other kitty will be fine. Sad for a while, but fine. They’re pretty resilient, cats — we could probably learn some lessons (-:

And if she’s a snuggly type, she and your friend can snuggle together and both feel better.

cloudiah
cloudiah

Remaining kitties ARE resilient, but can also be more attached to missing kitties than we might think — so just give lots of love to remaining kitty, which can be comforting to remaining human as well. Meanwhile, I’m snurffling into my kitties’ fur right now, and telling them they are simply not allowed to die, EVER. Anyway, I want to endorse snuggling, lots of snuggling. Snurffling and snuggling.

Rutee Katreya

That’s awful. Good luck with that, hon πŸ™

klopbop
klopbop

My condolences. It’s always hard to lose someone you care about, especially so suddenly.

If it’s any help at all, we had two dogs that basically grew up together (different breeds), and when we had to put one down, the other was upset for a while, but she’s okay now. Bun’s littermate will likely be okay, if a little confused for a while.

Not that you need our permission, but everyone would understand if you need personal time to deal with the loss and took a break from the site.

Ponkz
Ponkz

So sorry, David. We had to have our Pan put to sleep about five years ago now, and we still talk fondly of her. She was a sweet girl.

Our other cat Kiki is Pan’s mother, and she also used to hunt around the house looking for her for a good while after Pan’s death. It does get easier though, for cat and owner alike πŸ™‚

Carrie
Carrie

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better.

Leni
Leni

She’ll be ok, David.

She’ll have the other creatures in her life to turn to for comfort and friendship. That’s what you would do and that’s what she’ll do. She’ll be ok and, mercifully (for her), she’ll probably forget before you do.

Of all my pets, (and this goes for humans too, mostly anyway) I wouldn’t ever give up knowing them for the solace of not knowing loss. And I really don’t think they would either πŸ™‚

Just give the kitty and human friend lotsa love and you’ll all be ok. It’s the best remedy for a broken heart, it really is :*)

Need to know

May his memory be a blessing to you who loved him.

It’s the hardest part of the pact we make with companion animals, I think. They give us love, in their way, without words or judging whether we deserve it or not. We feed and care for them and when the time comes we do our best that they don’t suffer. I’m glad he had you and your friend there to make the tough call and to love him while the meds eased him away from pain.

Be gentle with yourself. Its a lot to take in,

donsie

I’m so sorry for you, your friend, Bun, and Bun’s sister. Sometimes people just don’t understand that the loss of a pet hurts as much as losing a human loved one but it does, oh it does. Having to choose their death to spare them suffering is the biggest responsibility we take on when we bring animals into our lives. It’s the price we pay for their incredible, giving love. Even with the heartbreak of having to decide on the fairest end for their lives I think we still get more than we give. God, the universe, whatever there is out there, bless their furry (or feathered, or scaly) little hearts.

I’ll make a donation to our preferred local shelter and cat rescue today in Bun’s name.

Summer
Summer

Sorry to hear about that. Hugs.

Ami Angelwings

OMG πŸ™

*hugs you*

I’m so sorry πŸ™ I give you infinite hugs…

*hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug*

Rest in peace Bun πŸ™

blitzgal

She’ll just have to decide on her own when it’s right for her whether or not she’s ready for another animal. That’s a deeply personal decision. My first cat, Maxwell Smart, died from the tainted pet food in early 2009. I had a second cat at the time, but it was still just too lonely without him there so I went and adopted a kitten from Angel’s Wish (local rescue) just a week later. Now I have three! But I know my boss still hasn’t recovered from having to put her dog down a couple of years ago. They still haven’t gotten another animal.

hellkell
hellkell

Poor Bun. I’m sorry, David.

Lauralot
Lauralot

I’m sorry, David. I’ve lost two cats and each time was horrible.

Dracula
Dracula

I’m so sorry, David. It’s tough to lose a kitty. Heartfelt condolences and much love to you and your friend.

Shadow
Shadow

Sorry to hear it dude. Lost my dog 10 years ago n I still miss her, so I feel your pain.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

David, I’m sorry to here that you and your friend are going through this. I recently had to put down one of my two rabbits…its tough.

I wish you and yours peace.

Romulousramos
Romulousramos

I’ve been a long-time lurker and never a commentor, but I took the plunge today.
I’m so sorry honey. I hope all these well-wishers can clear your day a little bit.
Keep up the good work.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Sleep well, Bun. And *hugs* to any of Bun’s loved ones who want them.

Myoo
Myoo

That’s so sad, losing a loved one is a terrible thing, be it a person or a pet. My condolences to you, your friend, Bun’s litter mate and everyone else involved.

Amnesia
Amnesia

I’m sorry for your loss, David. *virtual hug*
My family actually has to get our beagle, Bud, put to sleep later today. We’ve had him since I was in first grade (I’m twenty-three now), but lately he’s been in such pain, barely eats his food, and won’t take the pills to help him.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Oh Amnesia ): sorry to you, too. Sorry to everyone grieving for a pet.

2-D Man
2-D Man

I think you made the right decision, David.

It’s hard to lose a friend.

Best wishes.

Lauralot
Lauralot

Amnesia, I’m so sorry to here that. Best wishes to your family.

no more mr nice guy

Sad news. I had a cat when I was young and when we had to put her to sleep, we regretted it after. It’s always a sad thing.

Pecunium

That was usually the hardest part of working at the vet. πŸ™

Condolence, which is all I can offer.

Jenn93
Jenn93

I’m sorry to hear about the kitty. Losing an animal that you care about really hurts.

Arielle Shander

That’s awful. I’m sorry that happened…

I have two cats. Both are turning 11 this year, so they still likely have quite a few years left, fortunately. I couldn’t imagine living without them at this point. I’ve literally grown from a pre-teen into an adult alongside them (I got them when I turned 11 and am currently 21).

Hrovitnir

I’m sorry to hear that David. RIP Bun. <3

hellkell
hellkell

Amnesia, I’m sorry.

gem
gem

I’m so sorry to hear about Bun, David, and Amnesia, I’m so sorry about your beagle. It’s so horribly hard to lose a pet.

*hugs to all who want them*

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I am so sorry for your friend’s loss, and your as well.

“When there was room on the ledge outside for the pots and boxes for a cat, the cat was there – in sunny weather – stretched at full length, asleep and blissful, with her furry belly to the sun and a paw curved over her nose. Then that house was complete, and its contenment and peace were made manifest to the world by this symbol, whose testimony is infallible. A home without a cat – and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly revered cat – may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?”

Mark Twain liked cats, too. This is from Puddinghead Wilson.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Amnesia, I’m really sorry.