bad boys MRA video

The Men’s Rights Movement in Interpretive Dance

This YouTube Video is titled “Geting [sic] the Slayer mosh pit started.” But I’m pretty sure that’s incorrect. What else could this be but an interpretive dance performance representing the Men’s Rights movement? I mean, it’s a bunch of aggressive dudes (and a dudette or two) running around in circles yelling and waving their arms around and sometimes bumping into each other, while the rest of the crowd largely ignores them. I literally cannot imagine a better representation of the MRM. Perhaps if some of the people watching them had been laughing.

Joanna

Everybody now! It’s time to fuck your shit up! It’s time to fuck your shit up! *cheesy 80’s riff*

marc2020
marc2020

Ah David you bought me right back to my adolescence with that one good times, although I went into them with the attitude of lets all have fun rather than lets seriously injure as many people as possible. Those assholes never tended to last long.

However I will say your analogy is apt. 😀

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

As a punk rocker and avid mosher (often of the ‘hardcore kid’ variety… karate kick! picking up the change!), I am offended by any comparison with the MRA. After bumping into each other, MRAs don’t pick each other up and laugh, and they’re clearly not having a great time doing it either.

Anthony Zarat

Like I said before, you bigots have lost.

Here is another article from the Mail:

British judge frees a violent women who attacked a random male who was (according to the judge), “in the wrong place at the wrong time”. The woman was motivated by feminist hatred of men.

Wow, just look at the comments. About 20 to 1 in favour of the MRM calls for equal protection under the law. The 5% vile feminists who want the woman freed are all heavily down-voted.

zhinxy

I said, Zarat don’t you ever crave, to appear in the comments of the Daily Mail, dressed in your mother’s bridal veil?

Caraz
Caraz

AntZ that does sound like equal protection. It’s difficult to say for sure, but it seems it was her first offence AND she pleaded guilty. So conditional discharge and paying compenation is not that unusual a sentence. I know of men who were given similar sentences after an assault (depending on mitigating circumstances.)

zhinxy

” After bumping into each other, MRAs don’t pick each other up and laugh, and they’re clearly not having a great time doing it either.”

How dare you be so mean! Just because you’re an alpha bumper-into-dudes, you think you can mock the beta bumper-into-dudes and omega bumper-into-dudes. You’ll never understand their pain!

marc2020
marc2020

Zhinxy never stop I mean just never ever stop being awesome

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Here is another article from the Mail:

What does this have to do with mosh pits?

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

Actually I’m one of those who make hardcore kids look bad. My dancing reminds one of a ninja having a seizure. Though given my girth, a sumo wrestler having a seizure is more accurate.

Evil Alex
Evil Alex

Anthony, I think you’re on to something. Here is another link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2087888/Its-just-goo-goo-ga-ga-Babies-learn-talk-taking-lip-reading-months.html

evil feminist nazi’s are brainwashing their babies at the age of 6 months – 6 MONTHS – to learn how to talk by reading people’s lips. I don’t know how this is going to help the gynocracy bring men down, but I am sure that there is something sinister going on and that feminists are the cause of it, because that’s what women do – everything they do has some vast, evil, feminist conspiracy behind it. It’s biology!

Joanna

Well there you go Zarat, if you look at women lustily you are just asking for a glass in the face. Wait, this sounds familiar…

Kavette
Kavette

I myself look towards the national enquirer as my daily news source. If I lived in the U.K I guess I’d have to settle for the daily mail.

Luckily both of them give me oodles of UFO’s sightings to keep my small female brain enchanted.

I understand why myself with my small female brain can be easily lead by the daily mail.

But I thought men were smarter then me.

I’m so confused.

Kavette
Kavette

It must be my inferior female brain.

Anthony Zarat

Here is how the judge described his decision:

“… I am going to do something highly unusual and highly exceptional, I am minded to say unique …”

But to Caraz, this is a normal every-day decision:

“… So conditional discharge and paying compenation is not that unusual a sentence.”

It is actually amusing to see how completely brauinwashed you people are.

Here it is, in a nutshell:

1) The woman was mistreated by one group of men
2) The woman responded with collective anger at all men
3) The woman assaulted a random, innocent man, who end up in the hospital
4) The judge concludes that the woman had a good excuse, and lets her go

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Kind of like … feminism?

Holly Pervocracy

There sure is a lot of misogyny in the Daily Mail comments! MRA VICTORY.

…are you guys aware there’s a world not on the Internet?

Kyrie
Kyrie

Now I hate the Daily Mail. It just spoiled me on the last episode of Sherlock!

Kavette
Kavette

Zarat

What’s you opinion on those UFO sightings documented by the daily mail?

Joanna

But Anthony! It was the guy’s fault for looking at her!

cynickal
cynickal

I, personally, am glad that in the UK when a man assaults a woman he’s incarcerated for life immediately. I mean this whole judicial system is too much trouble for poor lady brains to understand.

Let’s just randomly start crying in the streets until menz give us $MONEY$ and then have them locked up for the rest of their lives for harassing wymynz with their chivalry.

Holly Pervocracy

From a slightly more reputable newspaper: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9018162/Female-plumber-escapes-prison-for-glassing-man-after-sexual-harassment.html

Sheona Keith, 22, had just been made redundant from the plumbing job she had spent three years qualifying for, before the attack in an Exeter nightclub.

It wasn’t just a matter of “she was harassed at work,” but “she was harassed at work, spoke up about it, and was fired.

“You have shown immense remorse and have taken it on yourself to address your problems and receive counselling.”

This is a reasonable reason for a judge to impose a reduced sentence; it’s not just “she was harassed so it’s okay.” And she was still fined and put on probation, she wasn’t entirely slapped on the wrist and told “be good next time!”

The victim, Mr Kirkham, needed hospital treatment for a one inch cut on his eyebrow.

So not quite “put in the hospital.”

Kavette
Kavette

Zarat

You do know that I’m asking about the UFO sightings because more often then not mra’s site news sources that are not news.

These tabloids are designed to catch a woman’s eye in the line up for the groceries. They buy them because they feel guilty reading them for 15 minutes while they are waiting in line buying groceries for their family.

Yet if a MRA finds an “article” in one if these tabloids supporting his position he posts it on men’s news daily (can you imagine being the poor guy who shifts though the news to find the poor men stories) and all hell breaks lose.

I’m just left felling really sorry for that guy whose left with the task of feeding your MATRIX.

Holly Pervocracy

I should also be really clear: IT IS NOT OKAY TO HIT MEN WITH SHARP THINGS. THAT IS NOT FEMINIST. UNLESS YOU ARE DEFENDING YOUR LIFE IT IS NOT EVER JUSTIFIED.

While Sheona Keith’s story isn’t quite the outrage MRAs are making it out to be, ultimately I don’t approve of her physically attacking a guy and I don’t think it was any kind of act of feminism.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

IME as a criminal attorney (in the US, not the UK), defendants who did these things were far more likely to receive a reduced sentence versus defendants who did not do them. They were unusual among all defendants, so imposing a lighter sentence was unusual for a judge who typically saw a large pool of unrepentant defendants and only a few repentant and proactive ones. But among defendants who were repentant and proactive, lighter sentences were the norm.

My point being that it’s totally possible for the judge to see this woman’s sentence as a deviation from the norm (because most defendants don’t take the self-correction steps to merit a lighter sentence) and for her sentence to be pretty common (because people who do take self-correction steps typically get lighter sentences). Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive, as Antz seems to think.

ozymandias42

I’ve heard it called the Faily Heil before.

Also, prison is bad (expensive and not likely to rehabilitate people) and reduced prison sentences for people who show remorse and receive counseling– regardless of gender– is a Good Thing.

Shaun Day

Going way off topic here, but what the hell. Found this gem of a site today, though you might all like the lulz it provides.

Buttman
Buttman

@ Anthony Zarat

The Daily Mail and the British press have been on fire with the misandry. They’ve been running articles non-stop about how men should have died on the Costo Concordia so that women could jump to the front of the queue.

cynickal
cynickal

Like I said before, you bigots have lost.
Here is another article from the Mailpicked off google at random:
“Beaumont police are looking for two men who stole a man’s wallet after hitting him in the head with a glass bottle.”
No one cares about that poor man who was hit with a bottle! By other men! It’s totally a hate crime! Men hate men! But the MRM doesn’t care! Not one MRA is standing up for that guy who was hit by a bottle! He was totally hospitalized! How much has the MRM raised to pay his medical bills!?

For the sarcastically inhibited, when are MRA’s going to actually work toward things that actually benefit men rather than just hating women?

Lauralot
Lauralot

Antz, can you please go back to the sex bots? You’re so boring without them.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Oh no, massive downvotes on a trashy tabloid website!

Well guys, I had previously called myself a supporter of feminism, and thought that helping women achieve equality in modern society was important, but I guess I was wrong. Just look at the number of upvotes on the Daily Mail comment board. There’s no way I can argue with that.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Props to the Daily Fail for picking up that alien ship story.

Shaenon

Zarat, if the article actually did say what you claim it does (which is doesn’t), how would that be proof that we’ve lost? In your mind (albeit not reality) it’s the story of a woman getting away with attacking a man. That’s proof that the evil man-hating female supremacists have WON! Party time!

Back in the real world… lost what?

Holly Pervocracy

Shaenon – I think the “victory” is the fact that there are misogynistic comments under the article, Internet commenters being a fair sample of the population and misogyny being a sign that men are gaining important rights.

…Such as the right to be misogynistic on the Internet, I guess.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Oddly enough there was a case in the court I work at that had the judge simply give a sentence of some community service to a defendant who had assaulted someone.

The defendant, a male, hit the victim, another male, and the judge, a female, just gave the person sixty hours of community service because the judge honestly though the defendant (and the community) would benefit more from that then if there was just a fine.

Erl
Erl

Daily Mail: this is all you really need to know:

Pecunium

Shaennon: The Foglios are looking forward to their Narbonic. 🙂

hyperdeath

Anthony Zarat:

You can’t fault that logic. I’ve heard that the rating arrows on Daily Mail comments are such an accurate metric for public opinion, that they’re going to replace opinion polls. Only feminazis and manginas care about stupid things like avoiding sample bias.

Bogdan

@Anthony Zarat, I wouldn’t trust the Daily Mail for any news. It purposefully twists or outright ignores facts to present a biased account, as Holly Pervocracy has shown (both here and in the link below). The Daily Mail is not news, it’s conservative propaganda. It’s as reliable as Faux News.

Here, Daily Mail writer Liz Jones pretends to be a feminist woman (because actual feminists are not popular caricatures and behave nothing like this) to misrepresent feminism and slander women as evil “sperm-snatchers” and “duplicitous creatures”:

MonBoobzers debunk it:

carswell
carswell

Zarat:

[blockquote]Are any of you able to see that his was in fact a hate crime? She assaulted a random, innocent man because of her hostility towards all men?

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Kind of like … feminism?[/blockquote]

Ummm no.

carswell
carswell

darn ^ bad html

hellkell
hellkell

Zarat, nice try and all, but could you please talk about your wife’s upcoming replacement by VR and how we’ll be split up on either side of the Mississippi? That’s a lot more fun.

Cloudiah
Cloudiah

“1) The woman was mistreated by one group of men”

I’m actually kind of amazed that Antz admits a woman can even be mistreated by men! Perhaps we haven’t heard from him again because his head exploded…

Shaenon

Shaennon: The Foglios are looking forward to their Narbonic.

And they shall receive it! Hope they had a good time at Arisia.

Pecunium

They seemed to. I didn’t get to see them for more than a moment, and the kids seemed to be coming down with either a cold, or ate something which seemed to disagree with them.

Phil did a poker game to raise money for a breast cancer fund and a good time seemed to be had by most.

I’ll be in SJ in March.

Rutee Katreya

Antsy doesn’t care, he just wants something to confirm his idiotic ideas XD

It’s certainly a lot less pathetic than “MY WIFE WILL LEAVE ME AND TAKE MY BOYS AND INDOCTRINATE THEM INTO MAN HATRED”.

malcontent
malcontent

That is one dispirited-looking mosh pit. Some of those guys looked like they’d rather be taking a nap.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s not a real mosh pit until at least 3 people come out bleeding, someone starts to pogo, and the tough looking guy with the scary hair stops to pick someone up. These are just drunk people running around in circles.

And now for the Zarat Challenge! Try to post at least one comment that’s actually on topic. Or that at least has something vaguely to do with the topic. Today’s topic is mosh pits.

Holly Pervocracy

Yeah, it’s less a “mosh pit” than a “run around in a circle field.” It’s so… low density.

I don’t think it’s a real mosh pit until you start worrying that you’ll die if you fall down.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually if there’s enough room to fall down easily that may be another sign that you’re not in a real mosh pit.

ozymandias42

I was almost involved in a run-around-in-a-circle field once, but I chickened out because I would have been the only girl in the circle. It was an all-day metal festival: I was there to see Halestorm, my friend was there for Avenged Sevenfold. It was pretty cool.

I have also been in what was possibly an actual moshpit, but I think was actually just a bunch of sweaty teenage punk fans trying to get as close to East Bay Ray as humanly possible, with no fear of suffocation or death by crushing.

1 2 3