antifeminism antifeminst women crackpottery evil women homophobia misandry misogyny MRA none dare call it conspiracy reactionary bullshit sluts the spearhead

BREAKING: Dudes on The Spearhead aren’t big fans of Glee

Other people have also noticed a lot of gayness on Glee

So W. F. Price of The Spearhead has made a momentous discovery: there is a television show called Glee. In a recent post, he shared some of his findings with the regular crowd:

I’ve only recently heard of the teen drama Glee, which is evidently a big hit with the teenybopper crowd. The other day, I came across it while flicking through channels and forced myself to watch some of the show.

Apparently, it is really, really gay.

First, I have to say that I now do believe the conservative Christians are correct in saying that the media is pushing a gay agenda. Of course, I don’t really care (one can always change the channel), but it was so blatant on Glee that I couldn’t help but laugh. The show revolved around a “glee club” (an insipid American high school institution for you Brits), cheerleaders, football players, gay football players, football players in drag, football players with cheerleaders, with gay cheerleaders, etc. There was even Broadway-style singing and dancing.

The horror!

Glee is about the gayest show I’ve ever seen on TV. Even the name is gay.

So, you’re saying it’s gay.

Still, Price did have one little complaint about the show:

The gay issue aside, there was one thing about the show that, although unsurprising, was still obnoxious: it features the same old negative stereotypes about normal males. The teen sluts (both gay and straight) are the heros, while the villains are generally straight or straight-acting males … .

It’s true. No one in American society is more oppressed than “normal” dudes. How dare Glee add to this bigotry!

Shockingly, it turns out that there aren’t any Glee fans amongst the Spearhead set – at least none willing to speak up.

In the comments, Meistergedanken explained that Glee was just a part – a loud, singing part — of a devious queer conspiracy:

It’s all part of the plan. Just like “Desperate Housewives”, “American Horror Story” or “Dawson’s Creek”, or any of those other shows created by the queers, straight couples – particularly married ones – are inevitably shown to be the most hypocrital, intolerant, ignorant, mentally unbalanced and emotionally dysfunctional characters. In this way normality is portrayed as a sorry sham. …

It’s so strange to see the progressives insist on marriage for gays, while at the same time showing married couples (and the husbands/fathers especially) as the worst people out there. They want to tear down marriage so they can scrounge the tattered remains for themselves, I guess.

Towgunner, for his part, delivered up a long, rambling manifesto of sorts on the subject of the gays. Some highlights:

Is it a tragedy that gay people suffer? I honestly used to think so, but I don’t really think they suffer all that much. They seem pretty happy at their parades. Matter of fact, I’d say that a balding women (regardless of her sexuality) or a poor black family or an orphan in Africa suffer thousands of times more than some sappy fruit.

In that light homosexuals have proven to be one of the most selfish groups in all of history, right up there with women – after all they want to be women anyway. …

Furthermore, it says something about our culture that gives only homosexuals and other sluts special treatment. …  All this to facilitate a small group’s ego so they feel only slightly less guilty at themselves when they orgasm. That’s where your taxpayer money goes to…to make a pervert feel good about itself.

So, apparently, the government is giving out gay orgasm grants, or something?

Andybob, meanwhile, spoke up for the gays. Or, at least, the gays who hate Glee. And women.

The first time I saw “Glee” I wanted to punch my flatscreen through the wall. Here again, gay men/teens are being shown as shallow, trite, superficial, dismissable, malleable, silly, flippant cretins with nothing to offer the world except fashion advice and sloping shoulders for whiny bitches to cry on. …

Those of us [gay men] who live far from Hollywood and have no connection whatsoever to Broadway musicals are very likely to be very aware of issues confronting men. Some of us are even vocal MRA’s. …  [We’re] not handicapped by the need for sex from women. We can recognise their manipulative BS from miles away. The female psyche laid bare is an ugly thing.

Gay men like men, identify with men, actually are men. We watch men we care about like our brothers (I have a straight twin brother), fathers, and mates get ground down by a system created and maintained by feminists and their pussy-begging lackeys – and yes, some poodle-carrying flamers along for the ride. Women are always shocked to learn that most gays side with men. That’s not what they see on the telly. …

The bitchy gays who discriminate against straight men … are the manginas of the gay world. …

Women don’t like gays and straights to collaborate because they don’t want us to compare notes. I have seen women try to shame my straight friends out of hanging out with me. They are threatened by our mutual support. Together, we are able to construct a composite picture of women that would peel paint for sheer gruesomeness.

Gay men and straight men – together, united in hatred of whiny bitches!

Crumbelievable

The Spearhead is sensitive to the plight of all men—except those faggots.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Someone needs to catch up on his Glee watching. Rachel and Finn seem to be doing all right, and the Finn/Kurt parents seem blissful as all get-out, as do Tina and Mike. Artie and Brittany also seemed to be doing pretty well, at least until Artie crossed the “things Brittany will no longer let partners call her because she has, like, self-esteem or something” line. (I’ll reserve comments on Will and Emma, because I think Will is a fucking ableist asshole when it comes to Emma’s OCD.)

/Glee nerd moment

Evil Alex
Evil Alex

And they wonder why they aren’t taken seriously.

Crumbelievable

“This pretty much proves that these nutters don’t really care about men’s rights… just about hating women and the evil manginas that don’t hate women.”

Also that when they say “men’s rights”, they mean “straight men’s rights”.

Crumbelievable

And anyway, they already proved that they exist solely to hate women with this article:

hellkell
hellkell

I don’t care for Glee either, but that’s just because I was a drama nerd, not a musical theater nerd.

Having a shitfit over Glee really makes MRAs look like sane, levelheaded dudes.

Comrade Svilova
Comrade Svilova

Given what some people I know have gone through for being LGB and/or T … I’m really offended by the statement that all LGBT people are doing just fine. And Glee itself is hugely problematic (although I love the show) in how it presents/denies bisexuality, how Santana was pushed to come out by her friends, and more. Yeah, there’s a nice visibility for lesbian and gay characters, and the show is great. But it just shows how ignorant the Spearheaders are that they think Glee is some huge triumph for the gay agenda.

My gay agenda demands so much more! And because of shows like Glee we’ll probably eventually get to the point where shows can really represent LGBTTQQAI characters well.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

That Spearhead article on how suffrage is destroying civilization makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. I’ve been reading a metric crapton of first-wave feminism-related stuff lately. In a lot of ways, we’re still fighting many of those battles – especially the whole “keeping my body and its uses in my absolute right” war – but, really, not in such painfully and absurdly blatant ways.

Though I’m thankful for the reminder that I’m going to have to order an absentee ballot for the general election this year, as I’ll be overseas. Destroying civilization by filling in bubbles with a pen: now that gives me some glee.

zhinxy

“how Santana was pushed to come out by her friends, and more.” – I still think they’ve allowed that Britney IS bisexual, though… But yes, it’s a problematicy bunch of problematicness.

kladle
kladle

Oh great, it’s one of those “i’m gay but not one of those gay gays”. Except the MRA version. Which means that femme gay men are somehow manginas despite having no reason to “pussy beg”. WTF, man.

Misogynist gay men used to confuse me until I realized, duh, they live in the same sexist world as I do, and they have even less reason to interact with women than the average not-gay guy does.

But if you want to hear some Arks-esque, anatomically surrealist euphemisms for female-sexed reproductive parts just ask your local misogynist gay man! They’ll be happy to oblige.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

My jaw dropped when Finn said “Hey Santana, why don’t you just come out of the closet?” loudly enough for the entire hallway to hear. Dude, you know better. And of course it was Santana, not Finn, who had to deal with all the fallout from that.

Simultaneously enjoying the show and thinking critically about its many problems is, I think, the primary reason I enjoy Glee. Its problems are many and varied, but it seems to be genuinely trying, which I can respect, and I think it has improved in some ways a great deal since the first season (we aren’t seeing absolutely everything through the eyes of the straight white male football captain anymore, for instance). But it does need to catch up in other areas. (Will and Emma’s relationship is actually triggering for me in a lot of ways, best explained in this post (not my blog).

Major Kong
Major Kong

I’ve never watched Glee, but after reading those comments I may have to start watching it.

…Isn’t this how MRAs feel about marriage?

darksidecat
darksidecat

What, most MRAs hate queer people? This is the least surprising news ever.

lj4adotcomdan

Glee is an awesome show and I have it set on my DVR to record every new episode. Anybody who feels like less of a man because they watch a show wasn’t much of a human to begin with.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

If Meistergedanken actually watched Desperate Housewives, he would know that all of the couples have dysfunction in their relationships. It’s a soap opera for Pete’s sake. Happy couples don’t make good drama.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

I don’t watch Glee myself, but then I generally don’t watch TV. Still, this is all they have to bitch about? There’s a major case in Toronto about a guy who was tortured (and I think murdered) by his wife for three months! Why are they not talking about this? Why are they not trying to raise awareness about domestic violence towards men or raising awareness about how men can leave or protect themselves from further harm? I’m a feminist for christsakes and I have more concern for men than they do!

Jenny Wren
Jenny Wren

W.F. Price has it so ass-backward.

Glee clubs are a British invention exported to the US, not the other way round.

Just wait until they find out about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Just wait until they find out about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

I can already picture how that one will go down. They’ll make Fluttershy cry, then bitch about how crying ponies are just a trick ponies women use to manipulate men.

Big Mackintosh’s “ayup” is the liberal media portraying men as stupid.

VoiP
VoiP

What, most MRAs hate queer people?

Even the queer ones. Especially the queer ones.

Snowy
Snowy

So wait, they’d rather the gay characters be the villains instead? Well that makes so much sense because that never happens in tv or movies. Why just the other night I was watching Downton Abby and… oh wait…

luke
luke

David, featuring YA shot of Victoria Jackson’s puffy, gormless mug lashing out at YA thing she does not understand is doing no favors for this site’s cause.

Kyrie
Kyrie

I find Glee sometimes funny, sometimes touching, sometimes problematic, often boring. Especially when it goes to absurd extremes with some characters.But I’m always still happy that it exists because it speaks about subjects that are sorely needing talk: bullying, being a queer teen, disabilities,…

Sometimes I get angry at Glee, but thats because I am currently (and has been for two years) creating a musical spectacle and it makes me want to strangle this bunch of (most of the time) idiotic teenagers. That’s not possible to create a show in a week or even a month! And where did that pianist come from? I thought nobody liked you, why is there a whole orchestra playing for you? That makes no sense! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

(I’m not as excitable as I sound. I mostly express all the above by a lot of eye rolling)

Viscaria
Viscaria

I vacillate between enjoying the campy fun and music of Glee, to being seriously annoyed at it for its many problematic elements. But I love Kurt and Blaine, and I like that they’ve had really sexy kisses (like the one Victoria Jackson is in such a tizzy about in the picture above) as well as just casual little kisses. Straight couples on TV get to have both of those all the time. Gay couples on TV typically get the sexy kiss and it’s considered scandalous, and they don’t seem to have the casual kisses at all. :-/

Kyrie
Kyrie

It always makes me especially sad when I see women or gay men homophobic or misogynist. Shouldn’t they know better? Sigh. But I guess that’s the proof hatred (especially self hatred) and stupidity have no gender nor orientation.

JohnnyBB
JohnnyBB

I kind of want to watch Glee because I love showtunes, but then I realize that there are things between the showtunes that I would never watch.

ozymandias42

I think the problem with Glee is that it’s trying really really hard to be progressive. Usually shows don’t try to engage with queerness, teen sexuality, disability, etc. so while they would be equally problematic you don’t get a chance to see how problematic they are. Because Glee is trying to hard to be inclusive it has a whole fuckton more chances to fuck up.

That said, I quit watching after the biphobic episode.

ozymandias42

*so hard to be inclusive

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Also, I still haven’t gotten over the Rocky Horror episode, in which they wouldn’t let Mercedes use the word “transsexual” (it got changed to “sensational” in the lyrics), but Mike Chang was allowed to say “tranny.” ????, Glee writers, srsly?

Viscaria
Viscaria

If anyone hasn’t seen it, the Fox News clip that screen capture is taken from is worth a look for 2 reasons: 1) they are talking about how horrible I say horrible it is that they would show that kiss on TV, and yet they run it in the background like 7 times; and 2) Victoria Jackson ends her homophobic rant with “I have gay friends.”

Crumbelievable

Victoria Jackson is, in purely scientific terms, a few screws short of hardware store.

Dracula
Dracula

Christians are correct in saying that the media is pushing a gay agenda.

Fuck am I ever sick of the words “gay agenda”. Especially since I never hear it from anyone that doesn’t have an anti-gay agenda.

So gay people couldn’t possibly have problems, because they look happy when they’re celebrating. What a fucking idiot.

I love that she thinks that we should replace Glee with a fabricated story about oral sex STDs. There’s nothing in the Bible about lying, right?

Shadow
Shadow

Oh Glee. I loved that show when it first came out because, even though it was teen drama-y, it had some real bite, and a willingness to be bizarre just to be bizarre (like Community). Then, they come back from sectionals and it’s like the show just reset to the pilot, took out all the bite and went fully teen drama. Broke my heart it did

Shadow
Shadow

@crumbelieveable

I refuse to watch that clip because I don’t want to lose the heartwarming chuckles that I got from the title.

“We’re losing our country to gay sharia law!! Onward christian soldiers!!”

Crumbelievable

All you’re really missing is Victoria’s awful ukelele song.

filetofswedishfish

See, I dislike Glee because I dislike musicals and thus have no heart.

And to further pick: Shouldn’t these guys hate the football players too for being “alphas”? And to second another commenter, don’t the MRAs ALSO hate marriage? Why is it a problem for marriage to be villainized (its not villainized). Though, i don’t know why I’m trying to make sense of it all.

Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Hey.

HEY.

You do not mock anything even related to the idea of a choir. >:C

The guys in my choir (technically not the same thing, but close enough) loved what they did and loved all the girls that surrounded them. And one of them was an extremely masculine football player with the best bass voice in the whole damn school.

He must have been gay. [/sarcasm]

That said, I’ve never watched Glee. I have the attention span of a squirrel for television shows that aren’t Hell’s Kitchen.

ozymandias42

Hey, everyone, I found a copy of the gay agenda! (I don’t know why Andrew Schlafly has a copy and I don’t, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster moves in mysterious ways.)

1) Ignoring Christian morals and discouraging religiously based laws.
2) Reminding the world that marriage is a legal term and standing the in US, not a spiritual one as believed by Christians.
3) Ignoring the clear message of the Bible that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination unto God because their first amendment rights allow them to.
4) Reminding conservatives that there cannot be a gay gene, just like like there cannot be a “black gene” because complex things like these are caused by complex interactions between genes.
5) Censoring evidence that the “gay gene” is a hoax. After all, it would have to be multiple genes interacting together.
6) Censoring speech against homosexuality by branding it to possibly be “hate-speech”
7) Censoring biblical statements condemning homosexuality
8) Lobbying for equal employment rights.
9) Expand hate crimes legislation to include sexual orientation, which would be equally wrong for heterosexuals to do.
10) Ending the military’s and Boy Scout’s restrictions on homosexuality
11) Stopping children as young as 5 years old from attending therapy to repair their sexual preference
12) Teaching tolerance of homosexuals in schools.
13) Demanding protections from job discrimination.
14) Suing online dating websites for discrimination. This was because sexual orientation is a federally protected group, as such, this company was breaking the law.
15) Undermining the resolve of latent homosexuals so that their will becomes too weak to resist the temptations of homosexuality
16) Pushing for legalized adoption by gay individuals and couples.

Shadow
Shadow

@Common Sense

How can squirrels have no attention span when they steal everyone else’s?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Wow. My GLBT agenda just says that I have an assignment due tomorrow for “Language and Advertising”, and that I need to pick something up to celebrate the portrait hidden in bf’s basement growing another year older. Maybe I missed the software update with all the details you got, ozy.

kariface
kariface

I was that glee kid in high school. There are a lot of problems with the show and then I remember that it’s trying to portray high school. A lot of situations in Glee are parallel to my experiences in high school (instead of slushies, it was poison ivy).

Crumbelievable

What does YA mean? I know “Young Adult” but that certainly doesn’t fit in the context.

Viscaria
Viscaria

That’s right guys! The reason Victoria Jackson isn’t worth listening to is because… her face is puffy! Yeah!

9_9

Steph

“The teen sluts (both gay and straight) are the heros, while the villains are generally straight or straight-acting males”

I’ve never actually seen Glee, but I was under the impression that the main villain was a woman — in what looks like a gym teacher’s outfit, no less, which I would think would come across to an MRA as a big flashing sign reading “LESBO! LESBO!” Maybe she has married henchpeople, and that’s what he saw?

Caraz
Caraz

Only an MRA could look at a TV show where the only true ‘villain’ is a woman and come to the conclusion that it paints straight males as the bad guys. Aside from Sue pretty much every character has their asshole moments.

Ignoring for a second whatever misogynistic views they have, MRAs make absolutely awful film and TV critics. Just terrible.

1 2 3 8