self-promotion TROOOLLLL!! Uncategorized

Polling is open! Vote for your favorite Man Boobz Troll! Over there on the right!

Not actual Man Boobz trolls.

Share your opinions on the candidates in the comments  below!

Trolls are allowed to vote for themselves!

ithiliana

Myths about male rape: not specific to child rape, but the systemic issue means that we’re talking about a continuum not separate incidents:

ithiliana

Secondly, if the vast majority of case are never brought to court, and when they are men receive harsher sentences, how do men have greater “greater access”?

It’s hard to know because the problems of lack of reporting, but IF the majority of cases reported are by men, not women, then odds are the majority of cases not reported by men (I guess I’m not prepared to believe on blind faith that a huge percentage of women raping boys and male teenagers, although I suppose NWO and other trolls would claim it’s possible or even probable).

And if you want acknowledgement that women are treated differently in their favor in terms of child rape, then you need to ackowledge disparity in sentencing in other ways: i.e. black men more likely than white men to go to prison for same or lesser charges (see,, especially, cocaine disparity sentencing), and women who kill husbands get harsher sentences than men who kill wives.

So it’s not a single issue, but a systematic and complex one.

And trust me, when I talk about creepy fan behavior, I’m not talking about ogling and drooling, but specific boundary crossing actions including internet and offline stalking.

I don’t see ogling as that major a problem or that creepy….

Viscaria
Viscaria

How do you write a comment wherein you refer to yourself 35 times and not notice? How did he give that the once-over and decide “yeah, that one will probably make it through! I should definitely hit ‘post comment.'”

Maybe Brandon does not understand the Brandon Challenge?

Lauralot

Brandon’s way of answering the Brandon challenge is to post the same way he always does and just assume David will let it through, because he’s Brandon and everyone can see how important he and his thoughts are.

Shadow
Shadow

hey y’all, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Hope everyone has an awesome night and an even better year!!

Doyourownresearch
Doyourownresearch

And the nomination for the biggest Mangina Troll is….

David Lol

You creepy weirdo’s have a happy New Year!

menunite 😉

ozymandias42

Hey, everyone! If you’re a loser home alone on the Internet tonight, I’m holding a New Year’s Eve party in the Manboobz chattybox! Come along, we’re all very nice. 🙂

Lauralot

Wait, we have a chat box?

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE

Lauralot

You creepy weirdo’s have a happy New Year!

Perhaps you should do your own research on punctuation.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Where’s the chat-box? Not that i am the loser-home-alone-on-the-Internet-tonight, I am off to a party in an hour. I heard there will be swords!

ozymandias42

Lauralot: Yep, it’s attached to the Manboobz forum! Constantly full of excitement, wonder, and Minecraft discussions! xD

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Tough choice. I finally went with NWO because he seems to be capable of being vile on any subject, while Meller is pretty one-note – or at least has been since his attempted geography lesson failed so badly.

Wetherby
Wetherby

And the nomination for the biggest Mangina Troll is….

David Lol

I’ve found at least three people called David Lol – which one do you mean? It would be embarrassing if the award was given to the wrong one.

Sharculese

generally you have multiple nominations and then one winner. but apparently our dear host is such a quaking mangina that none can compare???

2-D Man
2-D Man

Well, I had to go with NWOslave because he’s just so batshit crazy.

He kind of reminds me of the Krug from Dungeon Siege, a humanoid race that never figured out fire and watches humans from the wilder parts of the land. They’re generally harmless but are prone to lashing out occasionally.

Similarly NWOslave seems to realize that logic, reason, and evidence are good things but just can’t figure out how they work. He lashes out from time to time, but just can’t seem to find an actual target, since his methods of determining truth are woefully inadequate. He ends up looking like Tyler Durden, fistfighting an imaginary opponent in a parking lot.

Kyrie
Kyrie

The question is: how do you troll your own blog?

Lauralot

Well, if being annoying is a trait required for a troll…I guess to annoy yourself you’d have to post lyrics to a song you hate or something?

KristinMH

I might stop by, ozy – Ben has a really loud gig tonight, and I couldn’t face a party full of drunk people, so I was planning an evening with waffles and a CSI marathon. Party in the chatbox sounds good!

hellkell
hellkell

I might stop by the chat, our plans got all blown to hell.

Anti-Moron's-Rights
Anti-Moron's-Rights

I have some time on my hands before we head out tonight, so I will say hello again to the Man Boobz crew.

I popped by the “Hooking Up Smart” site just a bit ago to check out what was going on. It looks like more of the same over there – shaming women who actually enjoy sex, claiming that no woman who’s had casual sex will EVAR be “acceptable relationship material,” and denying that any woman could enjoy having sex for sex’s sake. I added my own thoughts to this post: http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2011/12/19/hookinguprealities/hookup-culture-rightly-laid-at-feminisms-feet/, with a few of my personal details tweaked for privacy’s sake. Frankly, I was surprised I got waved through at all.

Basically, my point was that just because people on that blog deny the existence of sex-positive women does not mean we don’t exist. What I didn’t write was that we avoid MRAs, fundies, and 50s fetishists like the plague because we know we’re just going to be shamed, belittled, mocked, and generally treated like trash at every turn. Sex-positive people date sex-positive people, and repressive 50s fetishists likewise seek their own.

Oh well. Back to my R.E.M. Nothing sets a Shorter’s anger meter off more than an openly bi guy making a ton of money off of writing and performing great rock n’ roll songs. I’m feeling like some “Pop Song ’89” right now. Yee-haw!

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

I might stop by the chatbox, Ozy – I don’t think I have the energy to go out tonight.

Anti-Moron's-Rights
Anti-Moron's-Rights

The problem with NYE is the same as Valentine’s Day – it’s thoroughly overrated.

I don’t expect this to go away anytime soon, though, what with the stores putting out Halloween stuff in the summer, and Christmas stuff by back-to-school time. One of my largest Web and software clients was one of Fortune’s largest private companies, and whatever holiday it was – and however minor the holiday – we had to help them promote the heck out of it months beforehand.

IMO, that kind of takes the fun out of the anticipation and the holiday itself. It makes it less special, and more like this overblown, overhyped, commercial bonanza, with the underlying message of “If you’re not MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS HOLIDAY, YOU SUCK!” This is why I avoid most big-box stores and such like the plague! Well, that and the Muzak. Muzak is one of the worst modern inventions in the history of mankind, ever.

Magpie

I know what you mean about the long build up to holidays. I have friends who put their christmas tree up when the shops do (beginning of November) and take it down on christmas day!

Lauralot

The chat doesn’t work for me, for whatever reason, so I will hang out on the site.

jumbofish

lauralotttt you need to have an account on the forum to log into the chatbox. (if you already know that sorry. I am just making sure you know because otherwise you can’t log into the chatbox)

Viscaria
Viscaria

That is so awesome.

“Your little game”?

I can’t tell if he thinks he’s doing some Bond-style witty quip or if he’s imagining himself as a super villain.

Either way, and ignoring his lie about not knowing, why exactly did a post “directed at Pencunium” need 35 references to Boringdon? Whatever the reason, 2012 is starting off on the right foot.

SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGET AND NEVER BROUGHT TO MIND!

hellkell
hellkell

Bye, Brandon! You won’t be missed.

I’ll be very surprised if he actually sticks the flounce. They never do.

Lauralot

The real question is, what name will he use when he comes back?

“Ashley” is too obvious, even for him, but he’s not witty enough for something like “Blandon.”

zhinxy

Curbing his solipsism for one comment is far too childish for Brandon! Seriously, David, bravo, this is, like, one of my favorite “bannings” ever. It’s like a story about a wizard mod, and how he stopped the vile Dude Who Caused A Black Hole Effect Around His Own Ego… Or something XD

Orion
Orion

I seem to be banned from the chatbox.

Pecunium

I suspect his thinking was 1: He was defending himself against my comments, which were full of, “unjust accusations, which required him to refer to himself, as it was in direct response to comments made directly to him, about himself.

2: Because it was a direct response it ought to be exempt from the requirement that he post a comment which didn’t use direct references to himself.

That he referenced his being on moderation does seem to put the lie to his not knowing about the challenge. I suspect he figured the rule wouldn’t apply to things which were an attempt to defend himself against the defamations being hurled at him; which defamations he has been forced to deal with since his earliest appearance; as his MO hasn’t changed a whit.

He may also have figured that his long silence in responding to my comments would get him a pass, “just this once.”

But really, all he had to do was wait, make some comments that passed the “not about me” test and then he could have done what he liked, but no, that would have been admitting he wasn’t in complete control. Better to be silenced than to make the least concession; even one that was fleeting and didn’t require any admission of wrongdoing.

hellkell
hellkell

Lauralot, he’ll probably come back with another brotastic name like Josh or Evan. Not that it matters, because I doubt he can sock effectively.

Sniper
Sniper

David, I attempted to get an account at the forum about, oh, two months ago and it never worked. Operator error? (I hope.)

Curses, I was on the train. Alas.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Who ever said that female anime fans weren’t creepy sometimes? In fact, I believe the creepiness of some yaoi fans was discussed here fairly recently. Certainly I work with a lot of the bands that the very same female fanbase follow, and yep, they’re sometimes super creepy.*

In terms of sheer numbers, though, the dudes win. Both in terms of the volume of product produced and consumed and in terms of the sheer level of creepiness. There’s a lot of yaoi that I think is creepy, and I think shota is repulsive, but I don’t think any otaku-focused product for women has yet to hit the sheer level of wtf-is-wrong-with-you of, say, RapeLay.

*There’s also a lot of fetishising racism going into that particular creepy behavior, but that’s a conversation for another day.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

BTW, Happy New Year, everyone! I’m going out for a bit, then back home, then out again, but I’ll be around. NYE is amateur night – I’m not going anywhere near the main party zones, lest I have to deal with crowds of people who don’t usually go out much getting way too drunk and puking on my shoes.

In terms of the Boring One and his flounce, meh. I give it less than a week before he’s back.

Mandos

I have a forum acct but the chatbox doth not work for me. (I don’t post often but lurk sometimes.)

Anti-Moron's-Rights
Anti-Moron's-Rights

This is a site that I recommend adding to the “Boob Roll” blogroll, as this post will tell you everything you need to know about the author’s views:

It’s authored by a woman who “admires Roissy” and who shames (while simultaneously denying the existence of) women who actually have sex for the pure enjoyment of it. She attracts tons of self-righteous MRAs, as well as women who hope to get into her good graces by hating on other woman. One female commenter persists in telling everyone that a woman with double-digit sex partners is mentally damaged and has serious issues with her judgment. If that’s so, then why was I out there having fun in my youth, and why is she wasting hers on the Internet, worrying about and judging what others do with their genitalia? For not existing, I have a pretty powerful effect on her, and women like her.

Now I’m off to a club full of people who believe gender is a social construct, and are going to work hard to vote all the Shorters out of office this coming year. Happy New Year, everyone, and down with the Tea Party!

Sniper
Sniper

@David Futrelle

Thanks! I’m in.

Leni
Leni

I did not real the previous 400 comments, I just want to say that I almost died laughing at the new (or maybe I just didn’t notice it?) category “TROOOLLLL!”.

I love it! (And yes, that movie was hilarious!)

Also: crap I missed the vote but it seems like it will be about as necessary as voting against Romney will be next year. My pick of the year won, um, handily.

Lauralot

Okay, so, the chat keeps telling me I’m disconnected. Is there some plug-in or something that I don’t have?

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

@Anti-Moron’s-Rights – David’s done posts on Walsh before. I agree she is an excellent candidate for the Boob Roll.

Brooklyn G
Brooklyn G

@Lauralot. Log in through the forum–then click the link to go to live chat.

Pecunium

Oh… to be fair to him… he could, easily, know he is being moderated, without initially knowing why. If a post is moderated one is told when one submits it.

But, all things being being equal, it’s hard to believe he wasn’t ego-surfing for replies, because it’s something people with a normal desire to see how others have reacted do things, so it’s probably true he does the same.

Lauralot

@Pecunium: I think that was the first post he made since David put him on moderation, though. Or at least David didn’t mention if he tried any others.