self-promotion TROOOLLLL!! Uncategorized

Polling is open! Vote for your favorite Man Boobz Troll! Over there on the right!

Not actual Man Boobz trolls.

Share your opinions on the candidates in the comments  below!

Trolls are allowed to vote for themselves!

zhinxy

Here’s it, Thanks to Ami!

It is my goal to raise a non-hyerpgamous daughter, or–to the extent that is impossible because natural urges are inexpungable–to smash that impluse down under a strict regimen of character education. I want her to find a “good catch,” don’t get me wrong, but only one.

And of course, we should all smash our evil hypergamy down!

“The reason the alphas seem so misogynistic is that 99% or more of their experience with women is with sluts, morons, emotional wrecks, or the painfully naive (categories not necessarily exclusive). So of course they don’t respect those women and then it’s only natural that they extrapolate that lack of respect to all women. What they pine for is one worthy of their respect.

So, to you girls who hate the hook-up scene: BE THAT GIRL. By that I mean not just avoiding casual sex (though that is hugely important), but be it on the inside. Understand your own hypergamous impluse and smash it down.

Really, this completely bizarre notion that “Arranged marriages / Patriarchal courtship and dating rules were all about making sure betas had access to nice proper wives, and nobody tried to marry their daughters up or anything! Hypergamy was considered rightly EVIL!” is one of THE most bizarre notions in the fascinating world of MRAhistory and Mranthropology.

But here’s the jewel in that crown, the “If My Son Turns Out To Be An Alpha” speech…

“As it stands, my speech would go something like this if he turns out to be an alpha. I haven’t really thought through the beta speech yet though a lot of this would apply.

Son, the times you face are different from when I was a kid. Every old man says that but this time it’s really, really true. Moreover, the times are worse. You can call me Abe Simpson if you want but I’m smarter than you and better read and have more experience. Ignore this at your peril. In any event, you’re going to be forced to listen to it.

….

” girls, not necessarily sluts, are confused, impressionable, and in the grip of a low aspect of their nature that they don’t quite understand. At least the low aspect of your nature–wanting to rack up a big body count–is easy for you to understand. Girls have it a bit harder. On the one hand, “nice” girls want boyfriends and eventually husbands. But it’s not quite that simple. They want the best one they can get and which male they perceive as best can change rather rapidly. Since they are not honest with themselves about this, it is much harder for them to control their low nature than it is for you. So even “nice” girls can be willing to have sex with you very early.”

Quackers

how DARE women try to date the best man for them! I mean, when men try to find the hottest or submissive women to fuck or marry its just NATURAL, but when women try to date the hottest man or a man who doesn’t live in his parent’s basement, they’re just FUCKING EVIL FUCKING SLUTS FUCKHYPERGAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

For the love of everything that is decent and logical, I hope these guys never procreate ever because I guarantee they will raise children that grow up despising the opposite sex.

Ugh. Manboobz I just can’t stay away can I?

CassandraSays

“So even “nice” girls can be willing to have sex with you very early.”

Son blinks, perplexed, and then says “that’s a bad thing?”.

@Shadow

wow…India is a matriarchy now?

@ Shadow

The linked video was pretty funny. OK, so, some men got on the woman’s train car, and the women made them leave. Clearly this proves that evil feminists have taken over Delhi. They must be stopped! Men should be allowed to go wherever the fuck they want! Clearly there is no reason why those train cars exist, it’s just women being princesses who’re too snooty to be sociable.

CassandraSays

Also, hypergamy! If the men were super hot the woman would have invited them to stay and made them a nice cup of tea.

Shadow
Shadow

HAHAHAHAHA… I KNOW right? It’s so funny because, I knew that the attitudes exist, but it’s to see a blog actually devoted to Indian MRAism. And the protest, Dear God, the protest!!

KathleenB
KathleenB

I think that’s what prompted Anthony Bourdain to call her a terrorist.

In one of his later books, Tony describes how Ms Lee got her revenge. It’s not pretty and kinda… no, it’s really really fucking gross and creepy.

CassandraSays

The dude at the actual, serious protest with his silly little sign was just awesome. We shall overcome, man. Sing it.

Quackers

the thing is..if the wife is not working, if the husband pushed for her to stay at home to keep house and take care of the kid, then yea he is an ATM machine. She has to be supported or else don’t insist that your wife stay home and not work. Which is what these “save the family” asshats want. Women at home, men at work.

Of course horrible evil feminism came along and pushed for women to have careers to support themselves financially and contribute to their families and that’s terrible too. Poor MRAs. WHY OH WHY do they have to support their stay at home wives that they don’t allow to work because that’s just for career bitch feminists? OPPRESSION!!!

Quackers

This is why anti-feminists are silly. In most cases, women are working. Thus bringing money into the family. Thus not needing men as ATM machines anymore. Why I bet they buy their own shoes too! Golddiggers do not count. Because no one is forcing men to pay golddiggers, as opposed to having to support your stay at home wife. Even then you can divorce her if you really don’t want to.

On top of that it’s so much easier to get laid now with birth control and more relaxed ideas about sex. But they still complain about sluts and hypergamy.

What do these idiots WANT anymore? besides total female slavery? oh wait, I just answered my own question. Never mind.

CassandraSays

I await with bated breath the eventual Saudi MRA site featuring articles like “why is the wife who I would have refused to marry if she wasn’t a virgin lacking in sexual experience? so annoying” and “having to drive my wife around is so inconvenient…of course I don’t want her to drive, but why can’t she just stay home?”.

I keep saying – there is no way to make them happy, other than literally removing women’s free will entirely. And even then they’d whine about how annoying it was to have to keep giving their wives instructions.

Shadow
Shadow

@CassandraSays

And looking at the blog there’s someone else with the same sign so there was an actual movement of at least two!! I don’t know how legitimate the actual protest is but I wouldn’t be surprised if the domestic violence laws weren’t written in gender neutral language, wives beating on husbands is a cultural joke out there. Of course, on the flip side, domestic abuse is still very much seen as a private matter between wife and husband, so any law is an improvement to the situation.

Quackers

Well Cassandra women are allowed to vote down there now, and we all know that’s just the first step towards a matria-gyno-fascist femcuntracy!

CassandraSays

I’m not kidding when I say that I met men when I was there who were convinced that women these days have too much freedom and it must be stopped. And that was in the 80s.

MRAs – the most ridiculous political movement of all time?

Shadow
Shadow

@Quackers

Yeah, things are changing out there, but the cultural expectations are still overwhelmingly for stay-at-home motherhood. The situation is somewhat different in that there is cultural pressure on women to stay at home and forgo careers and simultaneous pressure on husbands to be able to take care of very large households by themselves (because south asian households tend to be multigenerational) so it creates a lot of tension-filled fucked up relationship dynamics

Shadow
Shadow

Anyways y’all, gotta hit da sack. Night!

OSHIII
OSHIII

That’s it, I want my own Food Network show. It’ll be called Can I Get Someone to Eat This?, and will make Sandra Lee look like Julia freakin’ Child.

Quackers

Can us manboobzers just move onto another planet and just start our own civilization? I don’t want to live on a planet where such people exist.

I vote myself for position of artist (Spearhafoc too) and plushie-maker!

@Shadow

Yea that isn’t fair to either sex. The logical thing to do is encourage women to work and bring in some money thus easing up on the men’s expectations to make all the money. This is why for the most part, gender roles are BS. I’m not up to snuff with what’s going on in India but they do have a female president so I’m sure things are changing. With that change will come a backlash though. Another reason why I despise reactionary traditionalists.

Quackers

oh and first part of that comment was in response to CassandraSays

Goodnight Shadow!

Snowy
Snowy

I second this!

Quackers

we could call it Boobtopia….actually maybe we should vote on names haha

CassandraSays

Actually can we take the guy with the HUSBAND IS NOT ATM MACHINE from the domestic violence protest along, as well as the idiots who threw condoms full of purple powder in the House of Commons in London? They’re funny.

Quackers

Hahahahaha…oh this is just hilarious xD

CassandraSays

This is hard for Brandon, you guys. Maybe we should help him out.

Brandon – try describing an event that happened to someone else. An anecdote, if you will. Since you were not directly involved it should be possible to do so without referring to yourself.

Come on, give it a shot.

Magpie

Brandon challenge = exquisite.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

35 times??? How could someone not know how self centred they are???

It’s been joked about here, for ages now, that whenever he posts it’s the Brandon show – the world according to Brandon, for benefit of Brandon – but even with those repeated comments, and now this challenge, he still can’t stop talking about himself!

Magpie

HAPPY NEW YEAR MANBOOBZERS!

(can I go to bed now?)

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Um, ok, I take issue with the assertion that only MEN are creepy re. anime. Women can be just as fucking weird. Look at the 40-year-old women who were hanging over Taylor Lautner when he was like 16. I think this is just an example of latent misandry of the kind that Hugo attempts to justify because he is an asshole- anything men do is creepy, because they’re men.

Pecunium

Off too work, have a good time, and if I don’t check in again, a happy new year to everyone (yes, I mean everyone, even the NWOs, Mellers, JTKs, and Brandons of the world).

Wetherby
Wetherby

And when we’re not mocking him for “the Brandon show”, we’re mocking him for being dull.

Seriously, if I had to take that level of abuse on a daily basis from a large number of clearly intelligent human beings, I’d either curl up in a corner and cry or take a long, hard look at how I come across online (or both) – but he obviously thinks that no-one’s opinion matters but his own. Which is presumably that he’s the reincarnation of Oscar Wilde.

Quackers

nah I agree with you MRAL, female anime fans can be pretty creepy too. Like I mentioned earlier, anime tends to attract a whole new breed of socially awkward geek. As for Twilight, that whole series is creepy and just bad.

Happy new year Pecunium, I look forward to you pwning trolls in 2012 😛

Lauralot
Lauralot

35 TIMES?!

Best. Day. Ever.

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

Loving the Brandon challenge.

Happy New Year y’all!

ithiliana

@Kendra: We found a good home for him, working with our vet (the main reason we ended up with 13 cats and 4 dogs years ago was working in animal rescue). This darling dog was friendly, adorable, loyal (he stayed at the house after they moved out), loving, and yes, I like to imagine people who abandon animals like that end up in a special circle of hell. (I learned about him being abandoned from the person overseeing the foreclosure who came down to ask me about them, and whether I knew the dog was left there–we’re out in the country, so neighbor isn’t exactly right next door in terms of space). Both our current dogs were dumped out in the country.

ithiliana

@CassandraSays: For Brandon to describe something that happened to somebody else calls for him being aware enough of other people to know what happened tot hem (if not through direct observation then through listening to them and remembering what they said).

My prediction: ain’t likely.

ithiliana

MRAL: I agree with you about the creepiness in some female fan circles — though to be fair, I doubt people could tell Taylor L’s age BUT the older women obsessing about Daniel Radcliffe in the early HP movies AND the speculation on his affair with Emma Watson — this wasn’t even about their characters, but about the actors–very creepy.

HOWEVER, in the context of a culture where male access to younger women is much more prevalent, I’d argue that the ‘meaning’ of the creepiness differs because of the different social power of men as a group (yes, there are adult women who rape adolescent boys–the fact that the legal system has tended to treat those cases differently is not due to feminazi power but the patriarchal assumptions about men and women’s social and sexual power).

So yes: there are incredibly creepy, boundary crossing, obsessive women fans (I could tell stories that would chill your heart): ditto men fans. But contextualizing those obsessions in the patriarchal rape culture results in an awareness of the different status given men as compared to women.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I’m not a fan of excusing wymyn because they’re wymyn.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

That was kind of sarcastic and obnoxious. I just have a problem with this- and it seems to happen a lot- people saying that “context” makes double standards all right. Sure, I can see the argument that it’s functionally different. That’s all the more reason to hold EVERYONE accountable, because anyone (including women) being creepy with younger guys, and not being held accountable, tells everyone (including men) that this behavior is okay.

ithiliana

MRAL: Thanks for your clarification-I’m not holding women to a different standard (though I’ll agree the legal system is). If feminists have spent a century PLUS pointing out the inequalities (I have problems with the phrase double standard right now, so let’s talk inequalities) built into kyriarchal systems (because it’s not just gender but race), then blaming feminists (as a group) for the double standards makes.no.sense.

The creepiness is the same on the individual level

On the larger, systemic level: the majority of adults who molest children are straight white men.

Vast majority.

And while there are probably sentencing disparities in the cases brought to court, the odds are the VAST number of cases are never brought to court–so the social reality is that adult men have sexual access to children in ways that adult women do not, without penalty.

So, yes INDIVIDUAL creepiness the same.

SOCIAL RESULTS totally different. The inequality is built into the system: and you seem to assume that overall it benefits women.

I don’t see that it does benefit women, so that’s where we disagree.

You at times seem to be blaming women for the situation–again, we disagree on the area of responsibility. Women as well as men are part of the kyriarchy–so to that extent they are part of maintaining the structure, BUT women as a group do not have the power or get the rewards that men as a group do.

Unless you can distinguish between the individual and the system in these discussions, you’re missing out on a huge part of the issue of social discourse and change.

And I’ll just have to shut up I guess because while I’m paid to do this for my students, it’s not that fun doing it on the internet for free.

hellkell
hellkell

MRAL, please stop saying asshole things like “wymyn” and then apologizing for it later. You’ve been doing pretty well lately, and a lot of people are treating you in good faith. In the immortal words of RuPaul, “Don’t fuck it up.”

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I’m not so sure about the “straight, white” part, at least proportionally.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Secondly, if the vast majority of case are never brought to court, and when they are men receive harsher sentences, how do men have greater “greater access”? Perhaps men, proportionally, utilize that access more. But women, in my opinion, have FAR, FAR more social leeway in ogling young guys (again, look at Twilight- and don’t give me “he looked older”, that’s the same excuse the r/jailbait guys used). You can come up with entirely legitimate reasons why this is the case, but since most men and women are in fact not spiritual members of the late great r/jailbait, functionally, for most people it’s just a double standard.

zhinxy

Brandon challenge is even better now. 35 times! Awesome!

Lauralot
Lauralot

You know, this has been a pretty troll-free weekend thus far. I guess unlike Brandon, the other regular trolls actually have things to do and people to see during the holidays.

Damn, you know you suck when you’re a loser even by troll standards.

hellkell
hellkell

35 times? This is the most awesome challenge ever.

Happy New Year!

ithiliana

MRAL: Ogling is not the same as raping.

Let’s see if I can dig up some stats about child molestation (I know the cultural narrative is it’s all the gay men/pedophiles as if they are the same, but I think that’s one of those stereotypes that’s been debunked–like the narrative of “black women get all the welfare” when the majority are white women).

Bee
Bee

Maybe I’m sheltered — or willfully ignorant? — but I don’t see this. I’ve seen guys (online and off) hitting on and making weird comments to and about underage women all my life. I’ve never seen older women do this in meatworld, and even when it happens online it’s in the context of News Story About Older Women Asking Lautner to Sign Panties (I had to seek that out, actually), followed by millions of comments about ewwwwwww how gross is that. Which I have no problem with. Adult women asking an underage boy to sign their panties is gross. But (1) it’s hardly evidence that women have far more social leeway in ogling young guys, and (2) I think it’s telling that the majority response to women in their 40s and 50s hitting on young guys is that older women’s sexuality is disgusting.

Now, if you’re talking about outlier cases where adult women rape minor boys, and the problems the criminal justice system has with holding those women responsible, sure — there is a problem there, and it extends to the media not taking those cases seriously as crimes but using them as a referendum on the criminal’s hotness.

ithiliana

MRAL: here is the first one. I’m not a huge fan of psychology generally (my own prejudice), but this site has some useful terms and distinctions: