antifeminism evil women homophobia hypocrisy I'm totally being sarcastic misogyny MRA

Gay men! Fear the lesbobo fempocalypse!

Gay men, stop falling for these man-hating ladies!

Gay men, when will you learn that feminists are fickle friends? Christian J. – the blogger behind What Men Are Saying About Women and the inventor of the MRA two-dot ellipses – offers gay men a trenchant warning about the evils of these seemingly friendly “allies.”

Fascinating how gay men are of the opinion that they are seen as humans where feminists are concerned. I am not quite certain how many more times we have to demonstrate that feminists loathe gays, with a passion, the male type ofcourse, not the lesbobo version..

Yes, obviously the lesbobos — much like lesbos, but with twice as much bo — have no problem with male hating. But gay men need to open their eyes to what is really going on.

Feminists have jumped aboard the Gay Rights Movement in order to spread their own male hating message. A message that the Gay Community appears to ignore. When feminists call for the removal of all men, the Gay man is definitely not exempted, I cannot understand how they can be in denial of  that fact, that certainty..

Also, that whole “gay marriage” thing you guys are always on about is really kind of pointless, since the evil ladies have already ruined marriage for everyone:

Feminists are only concerned about destroying marriage and families and the Gay community can help there as well by demanding that marriage should be renounced as null and void.

Of course, the lesbobos love feminism, and vice versa. Or at least they profess to:

Feminism and feminists only support lesbianism as most of the radical feminists are lesbians and they possess sufficient toxicity and male hate in order to spread their anti male loathing. They attached themselves to any movement they think they will have some advantage or benefit to spreading their elitist, sexist message..

But gay men?

Ignore these warning at your own peril. Feminists will dump you faster than typhoid when they have achieved their own outcomes. It’s that simple..

FIGHT THE TWIN EVILS OF LESBOBOS AND FEMINISMISM!

TWO DOTS GOOD, THREE DOTS BAD!

IGNORE THESE WARNING AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

zhinxy

I have never believed Doctor ASEXUAL- My theory has always been that Time Lords just naturally go long periods without much interest in getting it on. It makes the most sense as the reproductive urge of a virtually immortal species that gets do-overs. Right now I’d say he’s in a nesting /breeding phase with River, which will be followed by another seemingly asexual spell. I’d he adding a lot more here, but you are all lucky I’m on mobile 😉

Sharculese

it’s not like the doctor was asexual before. he did have romana.

ozymandias42

Whereas I think he’s asexual but not aromantic, and he likes River because of how much she reminds him of the TARDIS.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

OK, so, I haven’t watched Dr Who since I was a child…why would River, who I assume is a companion, remind the Doctor of the Tardis?

Sharculese

the period between the time war and his marriage to river is pretty understandable. his species got wiped out(did that make strike through? it didn’t, did it?)/locked inside a time bubble. that’s a thing it takes time to recover from.

Sharculese

(did that make strike through? it didn’t, did it?)

welp…

zhinxy

,10 was the courtship display / mate seeking phase,mostly… All of which makes sense in terms of him being the last male of his species. 😛 Also I think TARDIS arranged River’s existence so he’d have a mate, okay Im done now promise

zhinxy

Cassandra she was conceived in the TARDIS and has a deep psychic connection basically

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Huh, I never would have thought of the Tardis as a place to shag. Then again, I stopped watching before the introduction of the new, sexy doctor. I wouldn’t have wanted to think about the one with the fuzzy hair and the long scarf shagging, but if it’s my dear countryman Mr Tennant…

Sharculese

why would River, who I assume is a companion

she’s his wife.

the daleks and the time lords fought a war over time and it got locked in a bubble outside of reality so things are different now. the doctor is the only timelord and that makes him special, so ~prooooopheeeeciiiiiieeeesss~

that’s basically the deal

zhinxy

Ozy – how do you feel about his sexuality as it were being expressed through use of his psychic abilities? I think that’s probably his go to intimate act.

Pterygotus
Pterygotus

Yeah, but they aren’t usually canonically straight, either.
If the creator didn’t state that they are an absolute 0 on the Kinsey scale, NO EXCEPTIONS EVER, there is plenty of room for interpretation.

Where did this stupid “it has to be explicitly stated they’re straight, or they’re not” meme come from? If a character only shows interest in the opposite sex, they’re straight, that’s literally the definition of the concept.

Pterygotus
Pterygotus

(forgot this in the first post) Also, by your standards, there are few/no straight characters in fiction, which makes no sense whatsoever.

No money is made from slash fanfic, which is based on fictional characters, many of which are drawn or animated. Do you see the difference here?
Yaoi makes a ton of money, I hear, plus doujinshi is just drawn fanfiction and the artists profit off of that.

Nobby

Um, no, it’s not. Bi/pansexuality exists, look it up! Also, in many shows the characters may not show any interest for anyone, and they’re not automatically asexual (they may very well be, but it’s not a given).

That has literally nothing to do with the point. Try for some reading comprehension, why don’t you?

Aerik
Aerik

I can just imagine how Christian J. reacts to seeing gay women in real life. Unlike his online persona, he may likely be a coward who’d freeze in place, reverting to a child-like state of denial that, considering his nickname for gay women, sounds an awful lot like Diego, animal rescuer: “Freeze, lesbobos!”

cynickal
cynickal

@Tatjna Bioshock actually is a lot of fun for a non-FPS like myself.
I enjoyed the story line enough to replay it a couple of time.
I just got Bioshock 2 and while it’s more engaging as a FPS, the storyline is shorter and Rapture is a more limited place to “explore.”

Personally, I MMORPG so I’ve moved to Star Wars the Old Republic. Again, it’s the story that keeps me playing.

tatjna
tatjna
Reply to  cynickal

@cynickal I’m really enjoying it. I’ve never been big on FPS but that’s because many of the titles associated with the genre are war-based and that doesn’t interest me. I’m quite liking the crossover-type games that have elements of FPS and RPG, like Red Dead Redemption and Deus Ex too. But the last game that really floated my boat was Portal 2. I got put off MMORPGs because raiding and gear grinding was becoming vocational and I realised I already have a job.

Funny, Arks attempted to denigrate RPGs as ‘lacking input’ and ‘for girls’ in his little direction, but the game he’s playing is also listed as one. What does that say?

cynickal
cynickal

@Tatjna

I agree. EQ2 and City of Heroes/Villians have held my attention the longest for the same reasons. I was over 3000 quests completed in EQ2 before I hit the gear-grind wall. For raids I was reduced to second or third string because I didn’t do the grinds or played characters I enjoyed playing rather than max-min’ing.

Could you put some of your favorite titles in the forum?
I may look them up once they hit the used game store.

As for FPS, the problem I have is the small twitch muscles v. hand/eye coordination. I’m decent with paintball and other real life stuff, but controling a joystick to the fine motor controls you need to aim on a console are totally beyond me.

BlackBloc

Skyrim fulfills my MMO quota. It fills the same basic itch for me: log on for a few hours, do some random quest out of a million available, log off. When I finally decided to go visit the Greybeards (after losing myself in a million sidequests on purpose because I didn’t want to do the main quest line) it took me five sessions to get there because I would visit every cave or fort on the path.

I wouldn’t mind if they merged the ‘quest with friends or solo’ gameplay from Borderlands/Dead Island with the Elder Scrolls series. I don’t want a raid-style MMO that’s a second job, but questing with a companion that’s not dumb as a brick would be nice every once in a while.

Tatjna
Tatjna
Reply to  cynickal

I’m embarrassed to say that my intro and main experience with MMOs is WoW, which I played for several years until one day I just went “No more” after being told I had to turn up at X time with X gear and realised that would write off not only my plans for that evening but the three evenings leading up to it. I’ve recently returned to MMOs with Path of Exile but I don’t really think that counts as MMO (as in massively) because it’s still in beta. It is fun though, especially if you ever thought Baldur’s Gate could be improved by being online. It’s in the vein of D2 and Torchlight.

Here’s a list, in no particular order, of games I keep going back to (disclaimer: I don’t usually buy a game until it’s in the bargain bin either and usually wait for recommendations). Heroes 3, Warblade, Road Rash, Planescape Torment, Baldur’s Gate, Oblivion, Morrowind, Portal 1 and 2, Settlers 7, Unreal Tournament, Red Dead Redemption (love the horse movement graphics in this), The Witcher, Mass Effect. I would be keen to hear your recommendations as well.

Hehe, showing my age there eh? Anyway, I only started playing console games this year after 15 years or so of being a purely PC gamer. I understand and sympathise with your joystick control issues. I have them too. 😉

Tatjna
Tatjna
Reply to  BlackBloc

“I don’t want a raid-style MMO that’s a second job, but questing with a companion that’s not dumb as a brick would be nice every once in a while.”

Oh so ditto this!

(i have not played Skyrim yet because I fear how much of my life I’d lose to it)

BlackBloc

My only experience with WoW is playing the collectible miniatures game and winning 4 Spectral Tigers in a year, promptly sold on eBay to geeks with too much money on their hands. I haven’t touched the MMO itself but the mechanics of the minis game makes it so that I vaguely understand some of the MMO’s concepts.

cynickal
cynickal

So far Star Wars the Old Republic is holing up pretty good.
For grouping if you can only find 1 person who won’t get you killed you can use your “companions” (NPC/AI dps’ers) to fill out your 4 person party.

I’ve used it to successfully keep my assassin alive inspite of being a “glass cannon.”

I’m also looking for older PC games I can throw on my laptop for when I travel.

makomk
makomk

Caraz: yes, the issue of what happens to people who are genderqueer in the great male cull has been dealt with ages ago. Basically anyone who was born with a vagina is probably safe, anyone who was born with a penis is meant to be killed, and anyone whose genitals are more ambiguous or who falls prey to the cullers making bad assumptions about the contents of their pants is in danger. Take a look at some of Mary Daly’s work for example. (This may strike you as an incredibly transphobic way of defining male; you’d be right, and genderqueer people aren’t the only ones affected by this.)

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

FYI, I found Skyrim disappointing after Fallout 3. I don’t know. It’s still a great game, but I just think Fallout’s brand of bizarro storytelling and humor works so well with Bethesa’s ultra-sandbox style. Elder Scrolls seems kind of flat now, by comparison.

Holly Pervocracy

I haven’t tried Skyrim, but oh my god Fallout 3 is my most favoritest game ever. Probably because it panders to my need to shoot monsters messily while being very helpful and understanding about the fact that I can’t actually aim.

I tried Oblivion but couldn’t get into it because gaaahhhh too complicated, just give me a pointy thing and tell me who to poke it into.

…I’m not a very good gamer nerd.

ithiliana

#1: >>>Where did this stupid “it has to be explicitly stated they’re straight, or they’re not” meme come from?

#2: Unless it is explicitly stated, it is not canonical that the character is straight. That means he can be, or maybe not. Characters are not “straight by default”.

Yep, that’s the meme, and it came from QUEER people, original person who asked which I”m too lazy to scroll up and look.

That is, there’s a shitload of stuff we never see about characters in fictional texts (in any media), and assuming that everybody is straight, and the queers are raping FICTIONAL characters by saying well they might not be, etc. (Not everybody who writes slash is queer, but I’m a queer writing slash, and the concept is, I think, especially driven by queers).

I once taught BEOWULF (trans. Seamus Heaney) in my gender theory course (graduate course). My theory courses are all applied–so I pick out a text each term for the class to practice on as we read the theories (and students choose their own text for their own project). One Compositoin faculty reacted in HORROR: “my gawd what does Beowulf have to do with gender!”. The medievalist who TEACHES Beowulf was cheering me on (ANY teaching of BEOWULF is GOOD)>

There is the major issue of not imposing current constructions of sexual identities on the past–but when the students brought up the idea that any idea that Bewwulf was not straight was “imposing,” I asked them to bring in any evidence from the text that showed Beowulf was what we could call ‘straight’ to class. They combed the text from top to bottom and found NONE. There is NO textual evidence to argue that the character is sexually attracted to female characters (and given he didn’t live up to his KINGLY duty to marry and sire sons, it’s possible to argue that he’s NOT living up to the normative expectations for him, and his people will suffer, as the nameless woman says.). So yeah, the idea that every character is straight by default and there has to be OFFICIAL FUCKING EVIDENCE if they’re something else is heternormativity.

And screw that shit.

BlackBloc

>>>FYI, I found Skyrim disappointing after Fallout 3.

I hate Fallout 3, but only because its existence seems to have enabled developpers to destroy other beloved isometric tactical franchises like X-Com and Syndicate by turning them into B-grade or lower FPSes. The game itself was decent, but I generally have an issue with the Bethesda sandbox RPGs. It’s anybody’s guess why I actually like Skyrim when I can’t stand Oblivion and thought Fallout 3 was meh. My guess is it’s because they took everything that was nice from Fallout 3, took out all the crap in Oblivion, and created a soundtrack that literally was the only reason I took a second look at the game (I already had written off Bethesda as a developper that does things I don’t much care for but… that trailer, and that song! *gush*). Also, Vikings and Dragons. It’s like a powermetal guitar solo.

BlackBloc

Also… I love how the game is all shades-of-greyish. Like, I play my usual Gary Sue character (a rogue, though I guess he’s drifted more towards ranger in this one) as a Chaotic Good, fuck authority kind of guy. So since I made him Nord this time around, I’m all like “fuck yeah, Stormcloaks!” I was even indulging in the occasional banditry on travelling Imperial soldiers, and I cleaned up the apartments of those collaborationists in Whiterun. And then I get to Ulric and they were all like “pointy ears must die” and I’m all “uh, sounds pretty racist”, not sure if I want to be with these guys anymore. And then I see these Thalmor walking around and I decide to strike a conversation because I’m considering this whole anti-elf thing is probably a big misunderstanding. My character is pretty hands off about the gods but when they poo-poo Talos I’m all “guys, I think we have the right to worship as we please, no? can’t we all just get along?” and the fuckers just attack me right out of the blue!

The funny part is I had a dagger of fear so I hit the three elves and they started running to the far ends of Skyrim, in opposite directions. I didn’t pursue. I have a mission to go help out a kid who was imprisoned by the Thalmor and all I can think of is that I’m probably on their shitlist now so if I show up there it’s going to end up being a violent break-in rather than a diplomatic mission.

cynickal
cynickal

I was going to play Skyrim, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Leni
Leni

Lol @ Cynical about the arrow XD

Also, for your laptop- I mentioned the Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines above. It’s from 2000, not sure how old your laptop is, but the game is now available for free download. It is an awesome, hilarious, really fun RPG. It’s very tightly scripted and linear, but the dialogue will crack you up and the voice acting is brilliant.

If you download it, just let me suggest one thing: celerity + fire axe. That was possibly the funnest skill combo I have ever played in a game. You are like a freaking tornado of destruction and it’s all in this weird slomo time shift. It’s awesome ^^

Plus hair and boob physics, what else is there to say? ^^

Leni
Leni

woops, totally spelled your name wrong XD

Kollege Messerschmitt

Leni,
holy shit, I loved Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
It’s honestly one of my favourite games. There are also some really good fan-made patches out there that fix some of the bugs and recover some of the dialogue that didn’t make it into the original version.
I seriously recommend this game too, even though it’s old as fuck.
(Though if I remember correctly, only the female malkavian character had boob physics – but Malkavians are the best clan anyway ;P )

Also seconding the people who recommended Portal 2 and Fallout 3. Still have to play Bioshock 2, though. Also also, is Fallout New Vegas any good?
Aaaand I really want Arkham City. Even if it’s just half as good as Arkham Asylum (which I also recommend), it should be pretty darn good.
I’m still on the fence about Skyrim. Vikings and Dragons DO sound pretty awesome.

/cool story, bro

BlackBloc

Also, “Lesbobo fempocalypse” totally sounds like the title of a David Brooks book about gay rights.

tatjna
tatjna
Reply to  BlackBloc

I thought it sounded like a Rudyard Kipling story.

Leni
Leni

Kollege:

No! Really? I’m not even sure if the Nossie female had boobs, and the others, so far as I remember, didn’t have as revealing of tops so maybe it wasn’t worth the extra ram since you probably wouldn’t see it anyway?

The Malk “armor” and dialogue options- especially with random inanimate objects- is definitely the best! And I suppose the fur physics on the Malk male pimp jacket makes up for their lack of celerity XD

Kollege Messerschmitt

I think they had boobs, and pretty much the most fetish-y clothes. And yeah, I think the the only other physics available were skirt physics for the ventrue females, and hair physics for gangrel males. So, malkavian boob physics were definitely the most interesting 😀

Ooooh, definitely! Malkavians had the coolest clothes and the best dialogue! I remember the event where you could convince that one chick that you were her long lost pet turtle!

God, I loved this game. Now I feel like playing it again, damn you >: !

cynickal
cynickal

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

Crap, I remember LARPing that because the combat rules for the table top game was so bad.

Now all you kids git offa mah lawn!!!

Pecunium

tatjna: Pterodactyl porn, last I checked, was still a disproof of rule 34.

Polliwog
Polliwog

Also also, is Fallout New Vegas any good?

I don’t love it as much as I did Fallout 3, but I like it a lot. (I’m also only about a third of the way through it, so it may be that later quests are super-awesome or super-terrible and I just don’t know it yet.)

(Also, thirding or fourthing or whatever the love for V:TM Bloodlines. Such a good game.)

tatjna
tatjna
Reply to  Pecunium

@Pecunium: There is no disproof of Rule 34. Just saying. That movie has been around since the first time I tried to test the rule.. 😉