antifeminism evil women I'm totally being sarcastic idiocy misogyny reactionary bullshit that's not funny!

Maxim explains “How to Cure a Feminist”

Given that we live in a feminazi gynocracy, with evil feminasties controlling all that we see and hear, it’s amazing that something like this ever found its way into print. This is from Maxim, in 2003. I found it here. Click on it to see it full size.

In the interest of accuracy, I would like to note that the woman pictured below might not be an actual feminist, as her armpit hair appears to be fake.

From Maxim, 2003.

NOTE: This post contains

ithiliana

@David: *looks over top of bifocals at you*

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Stephanie, that link was hilarious. I can’t believe it. I guess PUA’s think lesbians can detect hCG levels in urine, just like First Response or e.p.t.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Haha, and at the same time, PUAs would probably be extremely offended if a guy tried to pick them up and he used the same tactic (wearing the urine of a pregnant woman as cologne).

I mean, if it works on lesbians, it has to work on straight guys as well.

ithiliana

OK, throwing this in vis a vis urine. I read somewhere (a sf novel by Spider Robinson?) that the best way to keep deer and such out of your vegetable patch is by having a meat-eating dude urinate around the patch (not all that much is needed) because it signals “meat eating predator.”

Have also read of hunters using pregnant animal urine to lure in male critters to shoot? Stags? Something?

Could ths be where the “urine of pregnant woman” (and I am still boggled that anybody thinks they could get their hands on it) comes from?

Or what?????

Stephanie
Stephanie

@ithiliana

Hmm, I’ve heard that there are buckets of wolf urine that you can actually purchase. If you own a dog I think its supposed to work as a kind of invisible “fence” that you pour around the perimeter of your backyard so the dog doesn’t go past it? or something like that.

PUAs probably think they can persuade a pregnant woman via their “game” into donating her urine to them.

captainbathrobe

DSC,

As long as we’re free to despise Wal-Mart as a corporation, I’m OK with that.

Seriously, most people who shop at Wal-Mart do so because things there are cheap. I have a hard time faulting anyone for doing so in this economy.

But the way Wal-Mart treats it’s employees, and engages in union-busting, is a fucking crime.

JTK
JTK

The movie that caused me to go my own way. For those on this forum that have told me to “just go my own way already”

The Cast:

The Man
The Wife
The Son
The daughter 1
The daughter 2
The Narrator
The Wife’s Family

The story opens with a man in his early 40’s. The man is currently divorced, with a son in middle school. He is successful and during his divorced days managed to pay off the entire cost of his, very nice, house. Enter the future Wife. The Man and the Wife meet at the work place. The man is one of the company heads and the Wife is a new assistant. After a brief period of dating he does what he believes to be the right thing and proposes. They marry and live happily ever after.

Fast forward a few months. The wife is pregnant. The man had insisted that he was too old to start another round of children, but apparently “accidents” occur. He accepts his responsibility and raises the daughter 1. Apparently, the wife does not like the bond that was developed between the Man and the daughter 1 and wants another child, one she can bond with. After much discourse the Man gives in and a second child, the daughter 2, is born. The wife spoils the daughter 2 and complete ignores, and a lot of the time outright mentally abuses the daughter 1, because of her bond with the Man. However, all is great in Never Never Land.

10 years have gone by and financial woe had struck the Man. He has, several times, pulled the equity out of his free and clear house in order to pay for the unnecessary spending habits of the Wife. The bills are too much and his after tax income, of over 8k a month, is not enough to pay back the bills and feed her whims. The Wife tries to contact her family and talks about how bad her situation is and their need to borrow money to pay for utilities. The wife’s family doesn’t want their nieces and grandchildren to suffer. They reluctantly “loan” money and find out that none of the money went to utilities, but instead to pointless gifts for the wife and the daughter 2.

Over the next few years, stress at home as finally reached his work place. The man has been forced to resign and takes a buyout of his stake in the company. He uses the money to pay off the house and all other bills. Not surprisingly, in a few years being back in the clear, the wife has managed to pull all of the equity out of the home again and run up all of the bills again. The man tries a last ditch effort to scrounge up some cash to get the family to survive and sells most of his gun collection, a collection he amassed during divorced days.

Finally, it becomes too much for the wife. She can’t take living with this loser of a man and tells him that she is going to divorce him, has been cheating on him, and will be taking the kids. Not surprisingly this becomes very painful for the Man, but seems to be ok with the decision.

Fast forward a week. The man decided to start his morning by going to the gun range and release some tension, as was typical of him. The woman was packing up her things and was “justifiable” getting ready to go to her new guys place. The phone rings. Why would the police be calling her? While at the gun range, the Man fired a few rounds down range, put the barrel in his mouth, and removed the back of his head and anything in the way.

As you can tell early on, this is not a movie. This event actually occurred. The man was my brother-in-law and the wife my step-sister.
I am going my own way.

JTK
JTK

Posters such as Hellkell and Cassandra who have told MGTOW men to just “go already” here is a great post from a MGTOW friend of mine. I couldn’t explain better

http://www.mgtowforums.com/forums/mgtow … #post55093

This is my reply.

I’m 48 and I’ve been an MGHOW for 25 years.

The greatest deception the Matrix or society has pulled off on people is for them to be presented with the question “What is my purpose in life?”, “Why am I here and what am I to do?”.

These questions are designed to truly mislead people, especially men.
Even the MGTOWs who’ve swallowed the Red Pill are frequently fooled into posing this question to themselves.
“What is the purpose of my life?” is a question designed by the “system” to subvert a man’s thought processes, it makes men think about a “bigger picture” and with that bigger picture are other people in the picture.
Religions pose this question and answer it by saying “Your purpose in life is to worship God”, Society at large poses this question and tell men “Your purpose in life is to keep the system going, no matter the personal cost”.

For a true MGHOW this question should be completely meaningless, you have no ultimate purpose in being here.
Just as any animal born into this world, there isn’t a purpose for their birth, they just are and they don’t care.
That is the ultimate freedom. to acknowledge that you have no ultimate purpose in life, and you should never view yourself ever as having a purpose which serves someone else’s agenda.

You can and should set goals for yourself, things you want to do for yourself and only for yourself.
You don’t need a purpose to go skydiving.
You don’t need a purpose to visit Japan.
You don’t need a purpose to play video games or hang out in a bar.

All you need is what you want for yourself at this very moment.

Ultimately, you exist because…
and that is enough and should be enough, it will allow you to enjoy each and every moment because there isn’t the weight of “purpose” in each moment.
Instead you simply choose for yourself what you want and your own values and goals.

Having goals is a very different thing then having a purpose, a purpose implies service to others, a goal is service to yourself.

Many MGTOWs think they’ve escaped the Matrix when they ‘declare’ independence and subsequently fall back into the trap the second they ask what is their purpose in life now.

To extend the Matrix analogy a bit further, when you feel “empty” and without purpose, it’s the residual programming society has instilled into you to automatically seek external guidance. Where do most people get their sense of purpose, from others, from outside factors and society at large.
It’s your “input” chip urging you to plug back in and rejoin the Matrix, which will give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

The hardest thing a true MGHOW will face is living his life without a sense of purpose.
I went through this phase as well about 15 years ago. I was living alone and feeling alone, feeling lost. I was a “nice guy” loser who got ignored enough to finally wake up to the fact that there was no purpose in my life. The least of which is to get married and have a family.

I kept searching for a purpose for 3-4 years before I came to the realization that my life was meaningless and that was my true value. That my life lacked meaning for others is a great freedom, it doesn’t imply my life lacks meaning for ME! to the contrary, my “meaningless and pointless” life allows me the freedom to choose any goal and direction for my life without any of the guilt, shame and social pressure to live up to society’s expectations.

Simply live and enjoy life without it having any meaning, enjoy a sunrise and each new day without preset expectations of what that will bring for you. The greatest freedom a man can have is to simply be his own man, without the burdens and expectations others place on him.

Once you’ve lived the MGHOW path for a few years and train your mind not to ask about your ultimate purpose you will find many things will come to you which you wish to do, without any strings attached.

BTW, this path isn’t new, Zen masters and eastern mystics refer to this as the Death of the Ego, for it is the ego which asks constantly, what is my purpose? and cannot accept that simply being is enough. It’s the ego which leads men into a lot of problems.

So let go of purpose, simply live each day as it comes and enjoy it to the fullest, ultimately you have no obligations to live up to which you didn’t choose for yourself.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Or what?????

The PUA’s talk a lot about fertility and being attracted to fertility. Maybe they view pregnancy as an obvious display of fertility. Then again, they believe all lesbians love babies, so maybe they believe lesbians can detect anything related to babies and maternity. PUA’s love to spout any kind of evo pysch bullshit they hear, no matter how ludicrous it is.

Now I’m imagining a PUA getting kicked out of a obstetrician’s office for pestering pregnant patients to score some urine with high quality hCG.

hellkell
hellkell

I’m sorry if that happened, but no one really needed your reasons for GYOW. Holy overshare.

hellkell
hellkell

JTK, TL;DR. Why are you wasting your time? Go.

Would you like us to beg you to stay? Not gonna happen.

Xanthe
Xanthe

@ JTK’s TL;DR sermon

Here endeth the reading from the Church of Nihilism… we hope… Amen.

Bee
Bee

Wow, that was a lot of explanation about why you wanna go your own way, JTK. I still don’t understand why you don’t go your own way already.

It did, however, make me really wish that you’d just go your own way.

Shaenon

Weirdly, you lose points for high IQ in the male version of the test, too.

Based on the questions asked and the points assigned for various answers, I’m guessing Heartiste is a bald, middle-aged man with a small penis, a low IQ, and a criminal record who would like to date a lightly concussed teenager.

ithiliana

While I originally thought that the Matrix was a fairly cliche retread of a lot of stereotyped ideas about “deep philosophy” (with a totally fucked up sf premise, and some really weird racialized issues, and OMG, why does anyone like Keanu Reeves), I am not feeling a whole lot of retroactive hatred for it because it gave these guys a reason to believe they are deep thinkers.

Dudes, why don’t you just go hang out in Plato’s cave, stare at the shadows on the wall, contemplate the beginning of wisdom, and shut the fuck up for a while?

OTOH, who here is planning seeing SHERLOCK 2 Friday?

I loathe Brad Pitt (and Tom Cruise) but OMG Robert Downey, Jr.! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

And Jude Law was BORN to play Watson.

*happy sigh*

ithiliana

NOW feeling, am NOW feeling….*smacks keyboard*

no more mr nice guy

Roissy/Heartiste is middle-aged and he’s not bald but he look creepy and have the eyes of a psychopath. It’s easy to find pictures of him on the web. But I’m sure many of his fans are bald and overweight.

Pam
Pam

Nobody asked you for an explanation. You came on this board proudly proclaiming that you are a Man Going His Own Way, and then got all defensive when posters here responded by telling you to do exactly what you said you are doing.

Oh, btw, are you this spocksdisciple?

hellkell
hellkell

I want to see it at the Alamo Drafthouse, so I’ll probably wait a few weeks until the crowds die down.

ithiliana

@Hellkell: I really loathe crowds myself, but the nifty thing about living in the middle of nowhere and also having a flexible schedule (I was in grading at 7 am Monday, but my final final exam ends 12:30 friday) is that we can often slither in and beat the crowds even on opening nights, and there are a number of times we’ve been nearly the only people in the moviehouse after a week or so.

For RDJ/Sherlock, we’ll brave a few crowds. Plus, celebration of end of term.

ithiliana

Plus, and this will blow you dazzling urbanites’ mind: we pay $4 for shows before 6 pm and only $6 after 6!

juliejezebel

HellKell, are you in Austin? Me as well!

ithiliana

@Captain Bathrobe: Wal-Mart treats it’s employees, and engages in union-busting, is a fucking crime.

All true, but the depressing thing in this very small rural Texas town (7500), it is not only one of the better employers overall, in the town, but unlike the independently owned “mom’n’pop” stores in town, it hires African Americans (which the small businesses don’t). It shows how lousy things are that I can say WM is actually better in some ways than most of the other employers….de facto segregation is alive and well in rural Texas (elsewhere too I’m sure, but I see it here, every day).

Bee
Bee

Hey, this is totally off topic, but since there’s some Austinites here: what’s the weather like in Austin late December, early January? Is it worth a trip, or should we wait until spring or fall?

hellkell
hellkell

@JulieJezebel, I am in ATX!

Bee, this is probably the best time of year to be here. I’ll most likely be wearing shorts and flip-flops at x-mas. There’s only about of a week of spring before the heat and no real fall.

Ithiliana, we might try x-mas day for the movie. We usually grab Chinese and have a mellow day since our families are too far away to visit for a long weekend.

hellkell
hellkell

Julie and Bee (if you come down) if you want to meet up, PM me via the forum.

Bee
Bee

I will, hellkell! I’m not exactly sure if we’re coming, but that’d be awesome!

Grinner
Grinner

So I tried to take that “Dating market test for men”, and I ended up skipping half the questions, since I couldn’t say I’d do any of the options: Be a douche, a bigger douche, or have no understanding of social skills…

I ended up as a 1, which makes me good? I dunno, it seems like the person who made that hasn’t really interacted with many people, much less women.

malcontent
malcontent

What a scientifically rigorous test! Let’s see, I gain “market value” for my lovely ass, my tiny nose, my full lips, my long legs, and my perfect waist to hip ratio, but I lose market value for not doing anal, being over thirty, having large breasts, and a high IQ. Got it.

Spearhafoc

I actually quite like Brad Pitt. He’s been in some very good movies, and, with the right directors, has turned in some pretty great performances.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to see new movies this year, but of the ones I saw, he starred in two of them and I enjoyed them both (Tree of Life and Moneyball). It was a surprise that I liked Moneyball because sports, baseball in particular, bore the hell out of me.

Also, apropos of nothing, Hugo was great. It’s the only film I’d actually recommend seeing in 3D. Scorsese’s the first director I’ve come across that’s actually made it worthwhile. Wonderful story and absolutely beautiful to look at.

Wow. I’m a sucker for idiotic online tests with meaningless results, but that one was just too horrifying (both versions). I admire the fortitude of everyone who actually got a score out of it, although I assume you’re all offline now vomiting.

Tuttles
Tuttles

“Market value”? So women are commodities? That is absolutely disgusting.

That’s not what he’s insinuating. What he’s pointing out is that believe it or not, there are markets in dating just as there are markets in material commodities. Funny thing is, many people seem to know this and act accordingly without consciously being aware of it.

klopbop
klopbop

Man, and now I know I’m not worth much to the MRAs, as a gentleman OR a lady. HOW TERRIBLE. Truly, a tragedy.

JTK, I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Suicide is such a horrible way to lose someone you care about.

SaruGoku
SaruGoku

That test was truly horrific and nauseating. I love how the only things that pertain to a woman’s appearance and docility are of interest to these chauvinistic arseholes.

And they say women are shallow!

Kollege Messerschmitt

Oh man, I feel dirty after taking these tests (I took both, because why the hell not?)
As a guy I scored -1 (aka lesser beta) and as a girl I scored 15 (aka greater beta, probably because of my age). Beta highfives to all the fellow beta scorers 😀

Most of the questions were pretty stupid, but some were really creepy.
Question 31 for women was ” Do you do anal?” and the “correct” answer was “Yes, and it makes me come to know how much it pleases my man”. I mean, yes, it is definitely great to make your partner feel good, but it’s pretty telling that the reason she supposed to like it is still all about HIM and pleasing HIM.

And when you think about how much PUA techniques are explicitly about making women feel like shit, I doubt that they are very interested in making her feel good. Indeed, I have the lingering suspicion that “Yes, because I love how it feels!” as an answer would get points substracted – because then it’s not all about the man anymore, and we can’t have that.

I actually feel bad about apparently replying in the PUA-way to question 25 on the guy version. But what the hell, hot hypothetical lady?
Thanks for not-so-hypothetically making me feel bad about hypothetically calling out hypothetical homophobia, Roissy/Heartiste!

LapDragon
LapDragon

@Ithiliana

The Spider Robinson book with the thing about keeping deer out of your garden with carnivore pee was Time Pressure, I think.

Kollege Messerschmitt

I kind of like to imagine JTK strolling through the halls of Walmart and greeting all the guys shopping there with “Fight the power, brother! Fight the power!”, leaving them confused.

But on a serious note, I am very sorry about your brother-in-law, JTK.
And if GYOW helped you cope, and enriched your life, that’s great! As long as you aren’t hateful and blame about 50% of the world’s population for all your problems, I really don’t see the issue.
You don’t have to justify your decision to us, or anyone, for that matter.

So, yes, when hellkell and CassandraSays told you to go your own way already, I am very sure that they didn’t mean that you have to tell them your motivation and justify it to them.
Quite the opposite, actually.

So I will also ask you:
why are you telling us how you came to the decision to go your own way? It just seems a bit like you felt that your choice was challenged by the people here. I promise, no one here thinks you shouldn’t GYOW!
In fact, I wish you the best of luck with it, and hope it will help you heal!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s really sad when people try to understand Zen and totally miss the point. That aside – if you’re happy going your own way, awesome. Why do you feel the need to announce it over and over again, though? I’m fine with you going your own way. If you’re fine with it too, you shouldn’t even need a response from me (or anyone else here), so why are you trying so hard to get one.

Neediness is really not very Zen.

“While I originally thought that the Matrix was a fairly cliche retread of a lot of stereotyped ideas about “deep philosophy” (with a totally fucked up sf premise, and some really weird racialized issues, and OMG, why does anyone like Keanu Reeves)”

Because he’s really pretty? Seems like a pleasant enough guy, too. But yeah, mostly just because he’s pretty. It’s definitely not because of his acting skills.

ozymandias42

JTK, I’m sorry your friend killed himself. Suicide is hard on everyone.

Roissy says I’m a greater beta. I mean, I think. I kinda skipped all the facial questions because I’m fucked if I know whether I have a long jawline.

What I want to know is which test queers take.

darksidecat

OTOH, who here is planning seeing SHERLOCK 2 Friday?

I was looking forward to that film until I found out it has yellow face in it, since the I’ve felt sort of bleh about it…

@JTK, I know a guy who is a crackhead and alchoholic, who cheated on his wife, the mother of his four kids, one who was born because he sabatoged her birth control on purpose, for years during their marriage and then never paid any support. He has assulted his past two girlfriends, including one he beat so severely her injuries included a broken jaw and several broken ribs. So…all men are evil, right? No, because he’s not fucking representative of all men. Men aren’t a hive mind. And neither are women. So, kindly take your generalizations and shove them where the sun don’t shine.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

>>What he’s pointing out is that believe it or not, there are markets in dating just as there are markets in material commodities.

There ought to be a name for the fallacy that consists purely of rephrasing the original thesis in a slightly different manner and using that rephrasing as evidence of the original thesis.

Ravenous Beast
Ravenous Beast

Ahhhhh markets. Really good at providing functional medium-sized bread boxes or whatever. Really bad at important things like clean air and water or understanding the motivations of an entire gender(s).

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Kollege Messerschmitt

That bothered me too. What is with this really pervasive view that women don’t actually enjoy sex, just for the sake of sex?

But it (and the oral question) also made me laugh, because what sex acts I enjoy or do not enjoy is not really something I share with someone on the first date or upon first meeting or anything. So I’m not really sure how it can be associated with my perceived value as a hookup or potential girlfriend.

Hershele Ostropoler

Viscaria, I think the theory runs “if women liked sex, they’d all be fucking me, and they aren’t, QED”

(Now watch as my pet cactus shows up)

malcontent
malcontent

I also liked how a woman loses points if she knows how to apply makeup to enhance her looks. The “correct” answer is that a woman should look the same with or without makeup. Apparently the genius who designed this test doesn’t realize that even models and actresses tend to look more conventionally attractive when made up.

And I’m not really concerned about my dating “market value” since I am (A) married and (B) still asked out on dates all the time. I think this is what some MRAs and PUAs find infuriating, the fact that women have better options. So, even if a woman had a “perfect” score on this test, fitting their stereotypical idea of attractive, which apparently means having tiny hands, a submissive personality, and anime-style eyes, they’ll just remind her that she better settle now before her market value declines. The impotent fury at women who may not need them is so transparent. It’s pathetic. Who on earth wants a partner that sticks around only out of low self-esteem?

Kyrie
Kyrie

The make up question was one of my favorite:

2. How important is makeup to your appearance?

It slightly enhances my looks: 0 points
I look like a different woman with makeup: -1 point
I’m a natural beauty. My morning face looks the same as my evening face: +1 point

Technically, answer 3 is true for me. However, since I don’t wear make-up, that’s not exactly proof I have a face that could launch a thousand ships. (hint: I don’t)
I guess that like that like old and fat women, I’m undatable!

BTW, maybe it’s because I don’t use any, but I’m very bad at noticing make up. So, could someone confirm (or not) my hunch? On the two pictures, it seems to me that the left one has more make-up (and hair trimming) than the right one.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Actually, answer 2 works for me as well. Last time I had make-up, I looked like a murderous pregnant cheating widow, and the time before that I looked like a witch. Both on purpose.

Maybe 1 is true too, in light of this memory. I couldn’t say.

Not to mention opening it with “believe it or not” or some such.

Monsieur sans Nom
Monsieur sans Nom

Feminists take PUAs wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. They should just be laughing/mocking/ridiculing them as their *game* consists of nothing but corny pick-up lines. Here’s an idea: READ their material and when a guy tries it on you,ask him if he learned from said PUA manual.

Sharculese

that’s basically what’s going on in this thread dude. (and um, y’know. this site) did you read it before you decided to throw in your usual brand of content-free contrarianism? do you need a pat on the head for noticing things?