$MONEY$ antifeminism evil women hypocrisy misogyny MRA we hunted the mammoth

MRA: Men have it great, and that pisses me off! Also, women are as dumb as baboons.

Typical females! Sitting on their giant red asses while men do all the work!

Men’s Rights Activists generally like to pretend that the world is some kind of feministy dystopian hellscape for men. No so the gentle MRA philosopher who calls himself Cooter Bee. In recent post on A Voice for Men, he admits frankly that

In absolute terms, men have never had it better. Our lives are longer than ever before. Especially in the western world, we are not nearly as plagued by violence and disease as our grandfathers. Never in history have we had as much economic opportunity or as much latitude to choose our own careers and our ultimate station in life.

Well golly. Sounds like life is pretty good for us dudes.

We are clearly neglected and abused relative to women, but is that really a legitimate comparison? Is that any more meaningful than measuring how we are doing compared to squirrels or dolphins? There are a few men who do cross-over and become women but I never heard of even one who did it to gain access to all the goodies that go with being an entitlement skank. I know of few men who would be anything else despite the supposed unfairness.

So what is the beef? Could it be that even though men are doing better than ever that the level of ingratitude is also disproportionately high?

Uh oh. Do I smell some “we hunted the mammoth to feed you” coming up?

Let’s face it. Men are and always have been where it’s at when it comes to sustaining this world. In former days, men used to get some credit for it. Not now. Scorn, vitriol and blame are the thanks we get for making this world livable. Biting the hand that feeds you was always a no-no. Perhaps that’s what eats me.

Hmm. Given that most women work, and that women make up roughly half the work force, it seems to me that most women are actually feeding themselves. Statistics on all this are readily available.

I am starting to tire of all the stats and data.

Statistics? We don’t need no stinkin’ statistics!

Isn’t the fact that we don’t like what is going on enough reason to change it?

So you’d rather fight against imagined ingratitude than real injustices?

Ironically, after acknowledging that he’s primarily motivated by feelings, not fact, Mr. Bee accuses women of not being able to deal with gender issues rationally:

Talking equity among men is useful because men are capable of equity. Exceptionally few women are capable. Talking about equity to a typical woman is like talking particle physics to a baboon.

We want it the way we want it and so it should be done. No other justification is significant.. We have it good but want it to be better still.

Well, at least he’s being honest about it, I guess.

EDITED TO ADD: The comments on this post on AVfM are, of course, a treat. Here are some choice excerpts from my favorite one, posted by a fella calling himself DruidV:

[D]id any of you ever stop to consider the very first expendables in this gendercidal war against us?

You know, those accomodating Men of the sixties and seventies who were just trying to do the “right” thing. Those Men, who reluctantly but dejectedly gave up their lives and livelihoods so that millions of poor, oppressed wimmin could enter the work force (and completely FUBAR it, btw) in the name of ekwality.

Was there ever any kind of token memorial statue erected by the wimmin, to honor these displaced Men who were forced to hand it all over to their future political enemies? Was there even ONE?

Ever?

My grandFather just happened to be one of these very first Men to be displaced from his job by a woman, at the hands of the government. He never fully recovered from the loss, to be sure. But hey, who gives a shit right? As long as some loud-mouthed, 1960′s hatchett wounds could feel “liberated”, umm sorry-I meant to say “Empowered(tm)”, it made no difference how many Men were sacrificed…

So, yeah, let’s get working on that memorial, folks! I wonder if we could get Maya Lin to design it?

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Holly Pervocracy

Excellent job dismissing a womans violence like I said you would.

Holly Pervocracy

Okay, I saw that video. She’s in the wrong, but I’m not going to cry my heart out over the fact that he was covertly photographing her for some Register-her shit and she sorta batted at him.

If I cry my heart out over anything it’s the MRM getting to be BIG HUGE VICTIMS now that one of their members endured a traumatic batting-at from an evil feminist.

Holly Pervocracy

Isn’t April 15 a really bad day to protest Washington? Everyone is pissed off at the federal government on that day. I’m guessing there will be a couple of demonstrations. The guys who are pissed because FEMINISM are going to have even less chance of being noticed.

Xardoz
Xardoz

Yep, and the American right is going to be focused on scapegoating Obama for every malady under the sun, because they want to, y’know, DEFEAT HIM in the next election. They’re not going to be interested in stupid distractions, like blaming wome- OOPS, feminists.

SaruGoku
SaruGoku

Ithiliana:

“Gacked from FeministPhilosophers who gacked it from Jezabel who linked to the university media center on a study showing that respondents had a hard time distinguishing between excerpts from men’s magazines (in the UK) and statements by convicted rapists:

This is seriously frightening.

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Kendra, the bionic mommy

Probably slogans of men being falsely accused and how it affected their lives, or death as the case may be.

Maybe how men recieve far greater sentences for the same crime.

How about how mens children are routinely kidnapped from the after divorce?

What about quotas in education and employment?

Perhaps how men are portrayed as child abusers event thought women working alone commit the vast majority of child abuse.

There really is no realm of modern day society where men are demonized, criminalized, ostracized or generally treated like a third class disposable item. Take your pick of any realm of modern day society.

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Holly Pervocracy

First you dismissed her actions, now you’ve excused her actions.

You are a perfect example of the modern day woman.

Keep up the hatred! Next year is gonna be a zinger!

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

NWO, do you know what a law is?

Holly Pervocracy

I really recommend everyone watch NWO’s video, by the way. It’s sort of amazing.

It’s very MRM-like, in that:
1) It shows the guy committing a crime or at least rule violation (he’s somewhere that seeing him filming inspires people to call for security), and he doesn’t give a shit.
2) It’s not entirely clear what the “assault” consists of, but it looks like the woman tries to either knock the camera out of his hand or hits him while trying to cover it with her jacket. It does not look brutal.
3) He addresses her as “young lady” in the most condescending fucking “someone needs a spanking” tone imaginable.
4) It’s then replayed with analysis of the women’s animalistic herd-like behavior and DRAMATIC SLOW MOOOOOTION.

Holly Pervocracy

NWO, you’re pro-rape. I don’t know how to say this without screaming or throwing things, but RAPE HURTS MORE THAN BEING BATTED AT WITH A JACKET.

Maybe this is unfair or whatever, but until you give a shit about that, I don’t give a shit about this poor little baby and his little victimization.

Seraph
Seraph

Next year is gonna be a zinger!

Looks like we do agree about one thing.

Mr. Kobold
Mr. Kobold

Slavey, the contrived and paranoid “ills” of modern society don’t affect a single, childless, nobody from Texas such as yourself, whose only activities involve being chained to his computer all day whining on blog comment boards in between stretches of made up “work”.
Beside all the non-cited falsehoods that are at the heart of your so called “activism”, there is the glaring fact that it’s so damn pathetic.

Xardoz
Xardoz

oh good, it’s WHAT ABOUT THE MENZ part 2198327, NWOslave edition.

OK MRA douches, I’m really sorry when some asshole woman is an asshole, but those women don’t represent WOMANKIND. Only the most radical of radfems judge all men by the criminal population, so why do MRAs regularly regender crazzzy radfem rants?

IT IS ILLOGICAL. BEEP BOOP.

Holly – link to the video please?

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Holly Pervocracy
“My deepest fucking sympathies to the man who got batted-at, and I wish him a speedy fucking recovery.”

Does condescending make you feel morally superior? I don’t recall a time you haven’t condescended to me. Although, since I’m a man you feel justified. Or you can make excuses like calling me a misogynist which not only justifies your actions but thrills you as well. Let’s just hope no man dares to slight your delicate sensibilities lest he be charged with sexual harrassment.

I think I’ll try a little condescending before I turn in. I forgive you for your emotional outburst, no doubt your moonblood in on you and rational thought eludes you.

Holly Pervocracy

Xardoz – It’s the Vimeo on this page: http://annmariewhaley.com/2011/12/05/lisalyn-r-jacobs-charged-arraigned-for-assaulting-daddy-justice-at-vawa-hearing-in-d-c-senate-building/

(Also funny: the way MRAs think women exaggerate a little ass-grabbing like it’s some big deal, but when one of theirs gets batted at with a jacket it’s definitely felony assault.)

2-D Man
2-D Man

There are samples of the quotes they showed participants here: http://bit.ly/vfroLj

Yay! I scored 11/16 on identifying rapists’ quotes. That means I… think… like… a rapist.

Shit.

KathleenB
KathleenB

NWO: That wasn’t condescension, that was sarcasm. It’s kind of a non-trivial difference.

KathleenB
KathleenB

NWO: Also, if you think hurt feelings are all that’s needed for sexual harassment charges, why aren’t you being served left and right?

Pecunium

NWO: She was charged yes? And we are all up in arms about the injustice, no?

Wait, we aren’t, unlike your ranting about how a guy who left to get a weapon so he could come back and whale on people who weren’t attacking him anymore was completely justified because you think this is war and any woman who punches a man ought to be knifed, and and any woman with a knife deserves to be shot.

So you aren’t possessed of any moral high ground. Some guy offended her and she swatted at him…. By your logic she underreacted. She ought to have hit him with a chair, or something.

LyssatakeaBow
LyssatakeaBow

omg the bob dylan playing on the video is priceless…

Holly Pervocracy

Pecunium – I think we also have to factor in how he was dressed.

Men who dress that way should expect to get batted at with jackets. It’s what’s coming to them and they have no right to complain when the inevitable happens. He should have known to dress some other way I won’t ever specify because he ought to know.

ozymandias42

NWO’s not even trying anymore, is he?

KathleenB
KathleenB

I think his tinfoil hat might need to be reinforced or maybe refitted.

zhinxy

““one of the girls from VAWA”

I don’t think NWO knows what a law is. I think he honestly believes that VAWA (like Title IX!) is an organization. Maybe even an agency.” “

I think he thinks it’s some sort of secret shadow government, actually. LIterally,.

You want me to say that the “legislating morality with our votes” argument for suffrage was stupid, because women are no more or less moral than men, and this sort of “romantic feminism” is basically dead now AS FEMINISM, though the “ladies will help society” thing is still kicking around some forms of conservativism? (Incidentally, the pure moral white womanhood will vote purely and morally and whitely argument was why a lot of the Klan supported women’s suffrage, for fun historical trivia – not all suffragettery was leftist or feministy even then)

Okay, the “legislating morality with our votes” argument for suffrage was stupid. It also wasn’t the only one. I actually hope you respond to this cause I want to see what sort of word salad it triggers. Please?

Holly Pervocracy

This “assault” has been all over the man-o-sphere, it’s not just NWO. Although he’s a particularly bad person to pretend to be outraged about it.

zhinxy

comment above after “i think he thinks it’s some sort of secret shadow government, actually. Literally” directed at NWO. (Who still won’t tell me how high my taxes will be in NWO land.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Maybe he thinks that most women are VAWA members. Perhaps he thinks the V stands for Vagina?

Holly Pervocracy

NWO’s video also implies that the women are “women from VAWA,” so maybe this “not knowing a law from an organization” thing isn’t confined to just him.

(Reposting the link for this page: http://annmariewhaley.com/2011/12/05/lisalyn-r-jacobs-charged-arraigned-for-assaulting-daddy-justice-at-vawa-hearing-in-d-c-senate-building/)

zhinxy

Vagina Authority of Wasted America?

Vanguard of Advancing Warring Amazons… Oooh. I wish.

Bee
Bee

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM IN NO WAY RELATED TO COOTER BEE. THANK YOU.

zhinxy

BEE WELL EVEN IF YOU WERE YOU DIDN’T BUILD A STATUE TO THANK HIM SO HE WULD DISOWN U

zhinxy

nwo – Seriously. Pretend I don’t know anything at all about VAWA. Tell me what it is, and why I should oppose it. Can you do that?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually I think NWO thinks that feminists come from Mordor. That’s why we all apparently think the same things and are indistinguishable from each other – we’re under the control of the One Ring. Maureen Dowd has it, and she directs the actions of the feminist horde via shitty editorials.

shaenon

He seems to think that each law has its own separate enforcement agency. Title IX has its own police force; why not VAWA?

Okay, I watched the video. The guy is in a courtroom illegally filming women, a couple of them call for security, and then, when he keeps following them as they try to walk away, one of them drapes a jacket over his camera. So the “assault” is… the jacket touched him?

Yeah…suddenly I’m even less afraid of the coming Man War.

shaenon

Less funny is the fact that you could do that lad-mag study with “Lad Mag or NWO Post?”

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

I watched the video, I hope the man wasn’t injured or suffered too much emotional distress from the jacket being draped across his camera.

Come back when you have a real assault, not a fake assault accusation, and I will be more sympathetic.

Sharculese

Cassandra: I think acid actually explains about 2/3rds of Phillip K Dick’s writing.

strongly disagree

i dont think pkd is the most trustworthy reporter of his own actions but i also believe him when whe said that people were exagerating his drug use and the effect it had on his writing like beyond the fact that he claims shit like palmer eldritch was written before he touched drugs a lot of his ‘trippiset’ writing can be read to be critical of altering the definition of reality as much as anything else

mental health problems aside he had a really unique mind and acid doesnt adequately explain the worlds he created

Leni
Leni

The (arguably) saddest thing is that all of Slave’s complaints are pretty much a result of patriarchal, sexist bullshit attitudes that are more likely to benefit him than hurt him. He doesn’t even know when to shut up and not look the gift-horse in the mouth. Oh, you want more child custody, do you? I think we, the invisible female overlords of the justice system and whole entire universe can probably manage that.

Women don’t win more custody because they are demonstrably *always* better parents. They win custody battles because women are supposed to take care of children whether they are better suited, financially able, willing to, or not. Because this is the role that women should magically know how to fill from birth. Just as we are happiest with vacuum cleaners and dusters and bon bons. Women have known that this is bullshit forever, dumbass. And we have been trying to tell you for decades. Centuries even. So grats on finally sorta getting it. Small steps.

Now if you could just figure out a way to make it about “equity” instead of gender…. You’re so close it almost hurts to watch you struggle.

chocomintlipwax

Vagina-American Women’s Army

Roving the countryside with pink guns and butterfly knives (they sound dainty, right?) to eradicate maledom from the universe.

… Where’s that sarcasm tag when you need it?

ScrappyB
ScrappyB

See according to MRAs, women who work are just stealing men’s jobs, but women who depend on on a man for their income are leeching sponges. In MRA world, what are women supposed to live off of? Certainly not money. Photosynthesis maybe?

red_locker

My sister made fun of me today while I was playing Video Games.

If only I had recorded the footage and hastily edited it on iMovie, I would have made a “The Thin Blue Line” of Feminazi evil.

Seriously, NWO, that is pathethic, even for you.

Xardoz
Xardoz

Are we still talking about JacketSlapGate?

While browing Wonkette I found a video of Bill O’Reilly attacking a cameraman with an umbrella, which is arguably much more dangerous than a Jacket:

This is assault, by MRA standards. Can we get him fired or arrested too? It’s a fair trade.

Ami Angelwings

New Magyc: The Gendering cards are up! 😀

If you want one of yourself, let me know! (preferably on the forum by PM or something b/c I might miss it in the troll deluge here xD )

Samuel has a card! And Meller gets a mention! 😀 Also Zhinxy, Discordia and Bionic Mommy get their long delayed cards :3

Ami Angelwings

sry for the long delay xD I lost interest in the Magyc cards for a while b/c of something personal… but my inspiration is back and so are the cards! 😀

Xanthe
Xanthe

“Meller looked at the trail of bodies his creation had left in its wake and shook his head. ‘Too much free will, not enough porcelain.’ He muttered and turned to head back to his lab.”

Bwahahaha! XD

kladle
kladle

RE “Cooter Bee”…what does that even mean? Is it just mad libs, throwing together words that sound vaguely naughty and insulting to women in the hopes of seeming super cool to the other MRAs?

I’m guessing that a Cooter Bee is like a spelling bee.

Hey, NWO, did you see that lad’s magazine/rapist thing everyone was posting? http://jezebel.com/5866602/can-you-tell-the-difference-between-a-mens-magazine-and-a-rapist

Which ones do you agree with and why?

Polliwog
Polliwog

Did anyone else notice NWO’s little possibly-Freudian slip here? Because it made me laugh.

Fatman
Fatman

NWOslave, it has been a while but could you please let me know how you came to the conclusions that, “Womens sexuality is her body. Mens sexuality are their actions. Men are atrracted to a womans body. Women are attracted to a mans actions/talent/wealth/power.[sic]“?

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

As a Jacket-Wearing American, I want to deeply apologize for any distress that a fellow jacket-wearer may have caused. We are a peaceful people, and believe that jackets should only be used for good — the use of a jacket is a beautiful thing, creating a warm bond between human and jacket, and seeing someone use their jacket in anger deeply saddens me. I hope the man who was assaulted will recover, and will find it in his heart not to blame all Jacket-Wearing Americans for this atrocious behavior.

Arks
Arks

One of my favourite quotes:

“It is indisputable that the being whose capacities of enjoyment are low, has the greatest chance of having them fully satisfied; and a highly endowed being will always feel that any happiness which he can look for, as the world is constituted, is imperfect. But he can learn to bear its imperfections, if they are at all bearable; and they will not make him envy the being who is indeed unconscious of the imperfections, but only because he feels not at all the good which those imperfections qualify. It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.”
— J.S Mill

Women may enjoy an extremely cushy and privileged position in society compared to men, but does it mean I wish I was born a girl? Fuck no. Women might seem pretty happy, but then dogs seem pretty happy too. Doesn’t mean I want to be one.

So yes, being a man sucks. But it’s better than the alternative.