antifeminism antifeminst women evil women feminism kitties misogyny off topic video

Mostly off-topic: Cats and Bats

Inside the Mellerverse, by Holly Pervocracy

The other day Holly Pervocracy, a friend of Man Boobz with her own awesome and sometimes NSFW blog, drew the picture above, which is her best rendering of what the world apparently looks like to one of this blog’s resident trolls, a rather untraditional traditionalist named David K. Meller. On the left, an example of a fine, upstanding traditional woman, dressed in a proper ladylike manner and concerned with ladylike things  (e.g., cooking and kitties); on the right, a foul feminist.

This got me thinking: are there any videos online that depict both cats and bats? This being the internet, the answer was of course yes. So I present to you a kitty snatching a bat from the air. Kitties are fucking amazing.

Here’s another video, involving a cat and a different kind of bat.

EDITED TO ADD: Bat cat!!!! (Thanks, Katz, in the comments.)

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Holly, that’s a hilarious pic! I can tell the bat is one of those scary, overeducated shrikes more concerned with reading books than being a sweet, old fashioned girl. Now I’m waiting for DKM to show up and say the picture does accurately reflect his views on women.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I was just reading MarkyMark’s blog and his newest post is fucking hilarious. Since this is off-topic, I thought it would be as good a thread as any.

darksidecat

Aw, poor bat.

I think bat are adorable, with their little wingies and their tiny feet. They are like a dog and a rat and a bird merged together, so cute.

Also, they can drink water while flying, that is awesome skills

KathleenB
KathleenB

Our older cat caught a bat in our old apartment. When I realized what he’d done, I shouted for MrB, which made the cat let go, which resulted in a panicky bat flying around the apartment. Good times, man. Good times.

Dracula
Dracula

I am both impressed and saddened by that kitty’s hunting skills.

Magpie
Magpie

Itty bitty batties are so cute, like mice with wings. They fly around here catching moths in the streetlight, you can hear them chirping. One got into the house once, and couldn’t find it’s way out. Puss was lying on the bed, just lifted one paw and casually swatted batty out of the air! Bat was OK, I grabbed it very gently and put it outside. It had a tear in it’s wing, though. The wings are so thin.

hellkell
hellkell

Bats are awesome. Here in Austin there’s the largest urban bat colony in North America under the Congress Avenue Bridge. It’s very cool to see them take off at dusk.

They’re famous!

hellkell
hellkell

MRAL, I read that, and I’m convinced MarkyMark huffs paint thinner.

zhinxy

I love cats, bats, and catwoman and batman. It’s all good.

Bee
Bee

Bats are aces. I met a guy last summer who restores old barns as bat habitat. Thought that was the neatest thing.

hellkell; Me too! I’m hoping that’s what our young Mr. Al found hilarious about it — hilarious like, I’m laughing uncomfortably at your stupid ideas, hilarious? Hilarious like, everything you say illustrates your complete break with reality, hilarious?

zhinxy

My daughter did a report on vampire bats. They take care of their sick and wounded, making sure to get extra blood and give it to them. It’s very touching. <3

havebookswilltravel

Funny, I think my dogs would be scared of a bat. Well, probably not the Straydog; she would probably try and catch it. Though we say that dog is a cat because she purrs, not kidding. The dog purrs when being petted.

We’d always get 1 or 2 bats in the fireplace back in Iowa. That was always my least favorite chore, getting the bats out of the fireplace.

Shora

MRAL, that link did give me a chuckle.

I also love that building a building over a mile high is the fault of feminists (or is it women? Oh wait, they’re all the same because of the lizardbrain hive mind!) and not say the expense of building such a needlessly tall structure with the economy in the shit state it is.

There are probably other reasons this is ridiculous that have something to do with architecture and the laws of physics and the details necessary in building such a thing, but I don’t know anything about about carpentry, let alone architecture on such a huge scale. So, unlike markymark, I’m gonna keep my mouth shut about things i know nothing about.

Holly Pervocracy

I don’t think “Frank Lloyd Wright envisioned a mile-high skyscraper” is the same thing as “a mile-high skyscraper was technically feasible.” He was an architect, not an engineer.

Also the UAE and Saudia Arabia are not “third world countries,” what the hell. There’s this thing called oil…

Women and feminists (is there a difference?) would say that wanting to build the tallest buildings in the world is symbolic of male, penile insecurity or some such rubbish like that. Screw them! It was American masculinity that propelled us to being the best nation in world history…

…Which we accomplished entirely by building increasingly pointy things?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Chiming in as someone who used to live in Saudi – it’s really not a Third World country. Not even close. I’m going to have to agree with the huffing paint thinner diagnosis.

FW
FW

If that drawing of Holly’s was in a charity auction, I would totally bid on it.

How did David write this post without linking to Bat Cat? Is it just because we’ve all seen it before?

(Also, OT: Hi guys, we’ve been without power for 64 hours. Finally said “screw it” and drove to San Diego.)

Kyrie
Kyrie

After reading all this whining, I would say there is a deep problem of insecurity in some Americans, for sure, but I wouldn’t specifically link that to their penis. If you need to have big thing to feel validated, I really don’t know how else to call that. Also, a big superiority complex.

zhinxy

FW – I don’t know you, but may I just say that I LOVE your blog?

zhinxy

Holly:”There’s this thing called oil…”: Oil is a feminist myth designed to force men into wars for something that doesn’t exist.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Did you know that feminists use oil to make themselves dresses?

Quackers
Quackers

MarkyMark’s post in a nutshell:

RAWR I like tall manly things and AMERICA FUCK YEAH! PENIS damn FYMYNYSTS emasculation 🙁

Thanks for the laugh and the obligatory eyeroll, MRAL.

FW
FW

This has an owl instead of a bat, but there is a cat and I can’t stop watching it:

Just felt like sharing :.D

zhinxy

Mmmm… BatXCAt…

ozymandias42

MarkyMark: Phallic symbolism much? o.o

zhinxy

ozy – “Feminists disparage the giant symbolic dicks of civilization by dismissing them as giant symbolic dicks, thus castrating society and it’s huge, giant, symbolic dicks” was what I got out of it, yeah.

briget
briget

UAE is actually economically better off than the united states is. We rank 11 in the world according to the CIA and UAE ranks 9 in terms of average income for individual citizens. So, under that logic qatar should have the tallest building in the world.

(All three of those stats are from the CIA world factbook

Magpie
Magpie

Shorter MarkyMark: [BONERS]

FW
FW

~blush~ Thanks zhinxy 🙂

zhinxy

Actually, Dubai has the tallest building in the world, but it IS in the UAE…

zhinxy

Which, of course, Markymark notes, along with mysteriously callin git a third-world country..

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

The idea of Dubai as being the Third World is such a perfect illustration of how disconnected MRAs are from reality. The place is literally covered in gold and marble. It’s not just wealthy, it’s ostentatiously so.

Moewicus
Moewicus

Please tell me MarkyMark’s post is supposed to be intentionally funny.

The last time I heard anything about how Amuhricah is being emasculated and we need to reinvigorate our collective penii was in my Modern Latin American History class– while discussing the lead-up to the Spanish-American War.

zhinxy

Also, they have a large domestic manufacturing industry, not to mention CONSTRUCTION, but Brandon thinks building cars and airplanes, as opposed to BUILDING BUILDINGS is what makes you a first world country…

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Um, not to get all TMI, but the penii of the American men that I know seem to be working just fine.

Bee
Bee

(All three of those stats are from the CIA world factbook

FEMINIST LIES!!

Please tell me MarkyMark’s post is supposed to be intentionally funny.

No chance of that, but MarkyMark has a long history of writing posts that are unintentionally hilarious. (This one isn’t even in the top ten, frankly. The “You can’t make this stuff up!” Onion review, and the Maria posts have a permanent place in my heart.) It’s like most MRAs: If only they weren’t serious, the crap they write would be mindbogglingly funny.

briget
briget

oh for fucks sake does NWO really think we run the CIA too? Fine I’ll get a stat that is not from the US government. According the the world bank UAE ranks the 6th and the US ranks the 7th. Qatar still ranks the 1st. Unfortunately you aren’t going to find a result that doesn’t come from some governmental entity, however both the CIA and the World bank have every reason to say that US is the wealthiest nation on the planet and yet they don’t manipulate the numbers to represent that. Suck it up and deal nationalists, the US doesn’t have enough oil to be the richest country.

havebookswilltravel

Often, the “3rd World” stigma (which is so not the way to talk about developing countries) is attached to wealth disparity. UAE, for instance, still has significant problems in this regard. The average income is often inflated because the rich are so, well, rich. Also, there are severe problems in spreading the wealth around to non-urban (or in the case of Dubai, super-urban) centers. Still, everyone is definitely spot on highlighting the wrongheadedness of the comments about the “3rd World.”

I do, however, approve MarkyMark’s pro-Good Vibrations stance and his refusal to let anyone get between him and his Calvin’s.

Pecunium

One of the things I miss about not being in Los Angeles is the lack of bats. In Pasadena there were some in our neighborhood, you’d see them at dusk. Cp. Pendleton has thousands.

Quackers
Quackers

oh look, proof that women just existing pisses them off

Two commentors already admit to bumping into, or making it look like they’re going to collide with women on purpose. Real civil.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Are they all 5 years old?

Quackers
Quackers

I’ve encountered women who won’t move out of the way before. Men too. A polite but loud enough to be heard “excuse me” is all you need.

I just DO NOT get these guys. Women are not all out to fucking get you.

Quackers
Quackers

@Cassandra

they sure act like it.

hellkell
hellkell

Crossing the street is an aggressive act? WTF? I’ll expand the paint huffing diagnosis to include whatever wingnut wrote that.

Morchella
Morchella

Oh, ha ha.

[blockquote]The Flank Attack:

Identified by:

When a woman either pushing a chariot or simply walking alone, crosses to your side of the street when her side is perfectly clear.[/blockquote]

Because women never need to get to a business or service on the other side of the street. We just pretend we do to be contrary.

Pecunium

Not that I got upset with women about it, but my first morning in NY I had a woman try to bowl me over on 7th Avenue, in front of Madison Sq Garden. I was standing still and she was not moving to avoid me.

I braced, and she bounced and then gave me a dirty look. Since I was standing just outside the flow of traffic I didn’t feel the least regret.

But that was just a person being an ass, it had nothing to do with her sex.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Wow.

Why not just stand on a roof-top and yell “Women don’t notice me!!!” at the top of your lungs?

That has to be healthier.

Quackers
Quackers

@Pecunium.

Exactly. Some people are just asses. It has nothing to do with sex. I get annoyed sometimes when there are lots of mothers with strollers around which blocks space, but really, they have every right to be there as I do. I wonder what their opinion would be if it was more fathers pushing strollers? would they interpret them as blocking space or getting in the way? most likely not.

It’s just so petty and arrogant to assume women are doing this just to bug men. This is also coming from someone who hates crowds, yet the thought to blame either sex for purposely getting in the way never popped into my head.

Pecunium

NWO should notice. I said I was aggressive toward a woman and 1: I am not in jail,and 2: no one has said what an evil man I am.