antifeminism antifeminst women evil women feminism kitties misogyny off topic video

Mostly off-topic: Cats and Bats

Inside the Mellerverse, by Holly Pervocracy

The other day Holly Pervocracy, a friend of Man Boobz with her own awesome and sometimes NSFW blog, drew the picture above, which is her best rendering of what the world apparently looks like to one of this blog’s resident trolls, a rather untraditional traditionalist named David K. Meller. On the left, an example of a fine, upstanding traditional woman, dressed in a proper ladylike manner and concerned with ladylike things  (e.g., cooking and kitties); on the right, a foul feminist.

This got me thinking: are there any videos online that depict both cats and bats? This being the internet, the answer was of course yes. So I present to you a kitty snatching a bat from the air. Kitties are fucking amazing.

Here’s another video, involving a cat and a different kind of bat.

EDITED TO ADD: Bat cat!!!! (Thanks, Katz, in the comments.)

kristinmh
kristinmh

Batcat is the cutest EVAR.

Also LOL at MRAs being the arbiters of politeness and etiquette.

Ravenous Beast
Ravenous Beast

I just LOVE Simon’s Cat. Thx David

Molly Ren

That’s just what the feminists WANT you to think, Pecunium! Soon–not tonight, but soon–you’ll wake up in the middle of the night and find yourself surrounded by the Vagninjas!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

” Soon–not tonight, but soon–you’ll wake up in the middle of the night and find yourself surrounded by the Vagninjas!”

I’m sure he’ll be just heartbroken about that.

Quackers
Quackers

hahaha…Vagninjas. Do they shoot shurikens?

Meh
Meh

Nice cartoon, but… normal women don’t like kitties! Kitties are for the evil feminists and masculine women who couldn’t find anyone to marry and have to try to assuage their loneliness by owning pets!

Eneya

Mmm, the traditional lady has short hair. No lady wears her hair short!!!

Kyrie
Kyrie

Eneya: She has curly hair, so maybe they’re longer that it seems. Or she has a ponytail. ^_^
Meh: A good alternative would be: I like being submissive and pleasing my man.

Pecunium

My obervations…. most people are clueless when they walk. I walk a fair bit faster than most. I move out of the traffic stream if it’s too crowded.

I tend to not give way, all that much; because I am moving faster than the stream. If I can do it without slowing down/bumping people I will, but generally I get others to yield for me.

But it’s not absolute, and I can’t count the amount of time I spend stuck behind people who fail to notice they are taking all the room on the sidewalk to dawdle along. Just as with cars there are people who rush to get an opening, so they can then slow down.

Because people, are clueless.

Holly Pervocracy

I’m really bad at knowing if I’m in someone’s way, but this isn’t female supremacy so much as unfortunate personal awkwardness, I promise.

zhinxy

I get wandering and can completely go on auto-pilot, I’m terrible for noticing people around me. Usually, I bring my dog BECAUSE she’s more courteous!

RocketFrog
RocketFrog

I think the UAE falls under the definition of “Third World country”, despite being very wealthy, simply because they were aligned with neither the NATO nor the Warsaw Pact bloc during the Cold War. But perhaps the original definition of the term has outlived its usefulness after the Cold War ended.

As for the “sidewalk wars”: I hate it when people walk very slowly, or especially when they suddenly stop walking, on the sidewalk. I tend to react too slowly and end up bumping into them, or end up too close to them. I hate having a stranger very close to me (or bumping together; I *HATE* unpredictably touching or being touched by other people), regardless of their gender. I have not noticed whether women or men do this more often, though.

Moewicus
Moewicus

The very worst for me is when some group of people is moving slowly and blocking a hallway.

The solution to all these minor annoyances, apparently, is ramming speed!

KathleenB
KathleenB

I used to walk very fast, even with the bum ankle, but the advent of the bum ankle/hip combo (both on the same leg), I just can’t move very fast. Especially wen it’s cold. Or rainy. It’s both today…

oldfeminist

What really takes the cake is, when they are in a narrow area, you can’t pass them, you wait until they get to a wider area, and they SPREAD OUT INTO THE WIDER AREA SO YOU STILL CAN’T GET AROUND THEM.

Or when an entire phalanx of people is headed towards you filling the sidewalk and no one moves out of the way, leaving you literally nowhere to go.

But I have noticed in groups of people that men generally don’t get out of the way of women nearly as often as women get out of the way of men. Watch people at a pedestrian mall or shopping mall and you’ll see. I sometimes perform the experiment of not getting out of the way of men and they often look quite surprised when I don’t duck at the last moment.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I try to be considerate of other pedestrians, but when I’m with my children, it’s more of a challenge. They sometimes stop in front of others because they see something exciting, like a puppy or toy. Hopefully other people can be forgiving for parents with small children out there when we block sidewalk traffic.

kladle
kladle

Was just going to mention this. This is one of those very subtle hierarchy behaviors you can notice if you pay attention closely. (Same thing with women on buses/subways/benches/etc.– they’re expected to “close up” and cede space to men.) If you are a woman or look like one, I invite you to walk around your local town/city and try to avoid moving out of the way for male pedestrians– in my experience it seems confusing for the men (they will often move away at the very last possible second, they’re basing their behavior on the premise that you’ll move) and you will get run into a lot (yes, even if you are the only two people on the street and the dude is not on the phone/listening to music and he gives you eye contact and fully recognizes you are coming towards him). I didn’t know there were some assholes who did it on purpose, but since it’s one of those ALPHA BIG DOG MANLY MAN I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HERE AND YOU DON’T things, doesn’t surprise me that MRAs would go for it. They are so insistent they have the right to occupy the sidewalk and continue to move that they can’t stop for a second and let a woman go by. HOW DARE THEY GET IN MY WAY

I’m not sure if there have been any official studies on this, I googled for a bit and couldn’t find anything (I don’t know what keywords to use). It would be interesting to see if anyone’s verified this, because as far as I can tell it’s one of those feminist anecdotal experiment things; I’m not sure if anyone’s bothered to support it scientifically.

Shora

My biggest pet peeve is on buses. I go to a university where I have to use the buss system a lot, and sometimes the buses get really crowded. Women tend to try to take up as little room as possible (legs crossed, elbows in. I even go so far as to take off bulky jackets and fold them on my lap although I don’t think everyone does this.) One of the most obnoxious things in the world to me is when the bus is packed like a can of sardines and some dudebro sits next to me and splays his legs and arms everywhere and gets into my space. I guess it’s kind of irrational, since its not a big deal for me to sit shoulder to shoulder with someone or to have to squeeze up against strangers, but it really bothers me when I’m trying to take up as little room as possible and someone else makes no such effort and gets into my personal space.

By far not all guys do this, of course, but I have never had this issue with a woman.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I don’t see how the AVfM commenters can at one moment say how much more polite and courteous men are than women, and then turn around admit to elbowing into women’s breasts for invading their personal space. Seriously, honestjohn said,

Sometimes I will even casually raise my hand to my ear to present a pointed elbow at breast level as they approach, works every time.

Sure there are asshole women, and there are some very polite men. Are the ones who elbow into women’s breasts courteous? Not by a long shot.

darksidecat

I think the men moving out of the way for each other thing is partially regional, northern men move out of the way a lot more than southern ones…

kladle
kladle

Zorro sez:

FINALLY!

I have for the past 30 years wondered why women always always always walk shoulder-to-shoulder. I’ve seen it on the sidewalks of Manhattan and on the country roads of Vermont. Two or more women walk side by side, often putting themselves at risk of being run over.

I thought I was the only person who noticed this. Many heartfelt thanks for making this oddity of evolutionary psychology revealed to the world!

I’m sorry you don’t understand this “having friends” thing, and “interacting with other human beings” thing, but, um, some people actually enjoy the company of other people. And want to talk to them. 30 years is a long time to be clueless about basic facts of social interaction.

I’m imagining Zorro trying to get lunch with one of his coworkers or something and he keeps insisting that they march in single file.

“Dude, can you slow down? I can’t talk to you if you keep trying to run in front of me.”
“ARE YOU CALLING ME A PUSSY MANGINA???”
“I’m not calling you… Wait, a… what?”
“I HAVE BEEN OBSERVING WOMEN FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS!”

Viscaria
Viscaria

“One On One combat” is definitely my favourite. Hey, you know that thing where you and someone else are about to run into each other, and then you both adjust the same way so you’re still in one another’s way, and then you do that another couple of times and then everybody laughs? If you’re a man, and that happens with a woman, she’s actually doing it on purpose. Because she hates you and your penis.

Bad walkers make me nutty too, especially in fast-moving University hallways. If you have to text, find somewhere out of the flow of traffic, please. But it has very little gender. I have found, as other posters have said, that non-male pedestrians are more willing to cede a little room to me than male ones.

I also get annoyed at the bus thing. It’s pretty rude to take up the whole seat, which some men (and occasionally women) do. I also get frustrated when a dude who just gave me a look when I walked by, yields some space when a man eyes the seat.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Very little to do with gender, I mean.

havebookswilltravel

Rocketfrog: In many ways, you’re bang-on correct as the “third world” was connected to the Tri-continental association (Havanna ’66), the Internationals, and, most notably, the Bandung Conference of ’55. In essence, these were varying attempts to create a “Third World” apart from the First World (Europe/USA) and the Second World (USSR). A sort of “neither Washington nor Warsaw” attempt at a geopolitical, yet collective power bloc of communal nations. Unfortunately, during both the Cold War and beyond, this idea of independence was tough to maintain. Hence, one of the reasons people claim: Third World = Poor, dependent nation. The collection of postcolonial nations didn’t have the clout to separate from machinations of the Cold War. In that respects, even the UAE had, to some extent, pick a side (or at least effectively play both sides off each other).

Nowadays, the Third World, as a term or group identity, has fallen out of favor because of the collapse of the USSR and the almost persistent association of the term with not only a lesser economic standing but also cultural and social deficiency.

Hell, I’m even (at times) in favor of casting out the phrase developing country as the whole world is unevenly developed, so to speak. Even successful “First World” countries have pockets, sometimes large ones, of developing communities.

Magpie

I’ve seen “majority world” instead of “third world”.

VoiP
VoiP

I also get annoyed when pedestrians aren’t in their proper lanes. IT’S JUST LIKE WITH CARS, PEOPLE — WALK ON THE RIGHT.

FYI, i grew up in New Mexico and didn’t learn about this until I moved out of state.

Pecunium

Re “cession behavior”. I tend to insist on the right of way, irrespective of who I am facing on the road. I usually get it. I’m not insistent on it to the point of slamming into people, and if I’m just ambling along I yield to those moving with a purpose.

And yes, the spread out to take up all the roadway sorts bother me. So too the one’s who are standing still blocking the entire sidewalk. They can actually be problems. I had someone in a crowd doing that decide to fling a piece of something (I think compressed garlic bread) into my back after I passed through them.

I notice that more men than women are aggressive about taking space, but it’s not completely one-sided. I have seen women use things like purses/umbrellas/bags to claim more space,and be fairly physical about it. I’ve been poked/prodded by women. I’ve been elbowed and shoved by men.

Pecunium

As to the “correct side of the sidewalk”, this must be a NY/Chicago thing. Because I’ve not noticed it anywhere else.

Xanthe
Xanthe

I’ve noticed it in Europe, Pecunium.

And here in Australia it’s a rule to keep to the left and overtake on the right in crowded spaces like train stations, since we drive on the left side of the road, like the UK.

Viscaria
Viscaria

There’s definitely a sense that you need to walk on the right in my part of Canada, especially in the packed University halls.

When I took a brief trip to the UK, I had a few near-collisions before I realized most people were walking on the left and I was the problem.

zhinxy

I was always taught to walk facing traffic if there was no sidewalk, but never heard there was a special pedestrian side on a sidewalk?

Pecunium

I’ve walked in streets in Canada (mostly Ottawa), Germany, Korea, Inverness, and London, as well as lots of the US. Unless it gets really crowded there doesn’t seem to be a tendency to take one side of the sidewalk over the other.

This, I think, is because of shop windows. People, who aren’t looking to get someplace, will stop and look into shops, irrespective of which side of the street that puts them on.

Quackers
Quackers

No one tell them the reason women go to the bathroom in packs is to discuss feminazi gynocratic plans to take over the world, it would ruin our cover and SCREW UP EVERYTHING!!!

As for the walking thing, I tend to get lost in my thoughts when I’m walking, though I still pay attention to where I’m going. I don’t really recall any time when a man or woman did anything really rude to take up space. My biggest pet peeve is when people just stop smack dab in the middle of a busy place, like a mall, and don’t keep up a decent pace. Also when parents allow their screaming kids to run around in public…that REALLY annoys me, but its mostly with the parents (and no MRAs who are reading this, I don’t notice if its only single mothers who do this because I dont make generalizations about gender like you guys do)

Tatjna
Tatjna

The city I live in, everyone walks on the left. You can tell the non-locals because they are the confused looking ones who are struggling to make headway.

Bee
Bee

I guess everything comes down to “women suck” with the MRM, but seriously … how likely one is to walk rudely has nothing to do with one’s gender and everything to do with how rude, oblivious, or privileged one is. Going to the organic market in the rich suburb by my house is a nightmare, because every single person in the store is the most important person in the world — not because women.

Viscaria
Viscaria

You’re probably right in that the amount of crowd is a factor. I’m usually in pretty crowded spaces.

Naira
Naira

Last time this happened to me, I went straight into a brick wall. The phalanx of guys was spread out across the sidewalk and I ended up scraping my shoulder on the wall. I don’t know if it was dominance or not paying attention, but the scrape I got on my shoulder says they were total douchebags.

Kyrie
Kyrie

When I was in high school that often happened to me. Being small probably didn’t help.

A few times, when I was in a big crowd (it was easily big because the hallway were so small) I tried looking like I’m watching something, whatever, something far that would prevent me to see the situation, like I’m day dreaming. That would make at least one of the person facing me act, so we wouldn’t bump on each other. And so did I. Which effectively prevent the collision without anybody hugging the walls or stopping.

But I do realize that what I once though to be a silly attempt at no being stepped on was actually a part of the great scheme to humiliate boys in hope to prevent them to become Real Men(tm). Even though I did that with girls too.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Athos has been found!

So now the MRA’s can blast off to see if they can take up residence on this new planet with no icky girls!

Or women making it impossible to walk the streets in complete oblivion to those around men.

kristinmh
kristinmh

I like kladle have noticed that dudes feel free to take up a lot more space than women do. And the airing of the balls on public transit drives me up the wall, but living in the passive-aggression capital of the world (Canada), no one ever says or does anything about it.

– automatically lowering my head and looking away when passing a strange man; and
– automatically giving way to men on sidewalks. Mostly because I’ve been almost forced into oncoming traffic a couple of times and I was like “Fuck it, I’m not stepping off the curb and possibly getting killed to make a ritual show of submisison so you’ll leave me alone”.

I realized that both of these things were part of a (largely unsuccessful) sexual harrassment avoidance strategy. Looking down might have made me unthreatening, but it also made me look vulnerable; stepping to the side might have made me look appropriately feminine and accomodating, but it also established that I was willing to put up with unreasonable demands.

Honestly, the only things that seem to work are being enormously pregnant and/or wearing a fake moustache. I do not look hot in a moustache.

Xanthe
Xanthe

PfkaE, at 587 light years distant it’s a little bit awkward to get to without travelling close to the speed of light. But I’d certainly not stand in the way of any space travellers Going Their Own Way.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

While this is certainly not the only kind of traditional woman I can love, she is certainly representative of the best in SOFGdom! That is Sweet Old-fashioned Girldom. I appreciate the gesture, and realize how difficult it must have been to do an favorable illustration of a woman so widely at variance with what you, and the other manboobzettes, really believe.

I never expected to see something like this on manboobz.com

Once again, thank you!!

Sorka
Sorka

I like cookies, kitties (and puppies), and wearing dresses, and I’m also a feminist. In real life, I look like a cross between the two drawings. I’ve had to cut little holes for my batwings at the back of all of my pretty dresses.

Rar!

oldfeminist

Kristinmh: “When I got pregnant I decided I was going to stop doing two things in public spaces:
– automatically giving way to men on sidewalks.”

I remember reading or hearing or seeing an interview with Amy Poehler where she said one of the awesome things about being pregnant was she was suddenly not just this little slip of a thing who could be easily physically pushed aside or ignored. She could actually knock someone over with just her own personal momentum if she wanted to. Or I guess even if she didn’t want to.

Raoul

@Bee “how likely one is to walk rudely has nothing to do with one’s gender and everything to do with how rude, oblivious, or privileged one is. Going to the organic market in the rich suburb by my house is a nightmare, because every single person in the store is the most important person in the world — not because women.”

Midtown Manhattan is the same, for the same reasons. Nothing to do with being rich – being a New Yorker at all is a kind of privilege.