antifeminism douchebaggery I'm totally being sarcastic man boobz fun time videos MGTOW misogyny MRA self-promotion threats video

Grey, Rested and Ready: Some Grey Bloke returns, with a new video and some MRA non-fans

Our videomaking friend Graham, also known as Some Grey Bloke, is back, finally. In his new video, he explains his long absence, due in part to what seems to have been a rather large misunderstanding between him and the Men’s Rights Activists of the world, who somehow interpreted the newfound enthusiasm for Men’s Rights he showed in his last video as a sort of satire.  (How could anyone be drawn to mock or satirize the serious and important Men’s Rights movement?)

Anyway, here’s his new video. And below it, his previous video on “The Manosphere,” which seems to have gotten 49,208 more views than my last video on the subject. Which I’ve also embedded below. It’s not as good as his, but perhaps you could watch it also.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Did anyone else notice the NWOslave shout-out?

cynickal
cynickal

It’s not as good as his, but perhaps you could

would you kindly watch it also.

FTFY. 😉

cynickal
cynickal

[blockquote] failure again.

Whatever
Whatever

As they once said of Steve Jobs, “Often visionaries are little appreciated in their own time, dismissed as oddballs or madmen.”, so too will the world recognize the wisdom of our brother, Anthony Zarat. After all, wasn’t it WOMEN who said they needed men like fish needed bicycles i.e. not at all?

Wetherby
Wetherby

After all, wasn’t it WOMEN who said they needed men like fish needed bicycles

Only in the sense that it was MEN who donned pointy hoods and lynched black people. In other words, technically correct, but the wording does tend to suggest a majority view that doesn’t actually exist.

No Cuntry 4 Old Men!
No Cuntry 4 Old Men!

I’ll agree with the fish bicycle thing. A bike is a neccessity for some (transportation) while an accessory for others (recreation), but a fish never needs one.

ozymandias42

Well, I don’t NEED a man, but I sure as hell want one. This fish loves zir bicycles.

Joanna

Oh look, more threats of violence over the internet. These guys are certainly proving how mature men can be.

ithiliana

@Ozymandias42: And that was the whole point (I was there when it first made the t-shirts).

Women WANTING men is entirely different (and all about CHOICE) than REQUIRING one to survive because of legal barriers to education and professions. And those of us who don’t want men, because we want women, also free to choose.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I don’t know. When I watched his second video “The Manosphere”, I laughed out loud a few times. It really seemed like he was mocking the MRM to me. I guess this is a case where Poe’s Law comes into play.

I was not a bit surprised that he was threatened with violence by the MRM, though. It’s really sad that he is laying low and afraid for his safety. I’m not familiar with British law. Would those threats made against him be illegal?

Snowy
Snowy

You’re the homage! (That made me laugh so much)

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Man, I feel like a goober. I read the Youtube comments and indeed verified he was making fun of the manosphere. It’s sometimes hard to tell the difference between satire and the real MRM, because the MRM itself is so wacky.

Molly Ren

Whatever wrote, “…so too will the world recognize the wisdom of our brother, Anthony Zarat.”

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Ozymandias, you mean, this fish loves HER bicycles. I’m sure it was just a typo.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Dang, and here I thought that Whatever was being satirical… After reading another thread though, seems as if I a was wrong. Poe’s Law strikes again.

AntZ’s solution seems a little… exasperated parent-ish.

Boy: Mommy, sis hit me!
Girl: Did not, he pulled my hair!
Mom: Alright, both of you stop, play in separate rooms!

Are two arbitrary groups so inconsolable to AntZ that he can think of no other solution than to separate them? Soon he’ll have everyone sequestered into little boxes, safe from everyone and forever alone. Only then, locked in our little boxes, will we be free at last!

No Cuntry 4 Old Men!
No Cuntry 4 Old Men!

“The man who finds 50% of the human race so repugnant that he’s sure the rest of the world will embrace VR? I can’t wait!”

The sooner such men can embrace VR, the better for us.

Bring it on!

Dracula
Dracula

I don’t think I watched that AntZ video when it was up before. Now I fear I’m going to end up picturing him as a Cyberman from now on. His agenda doesn’t seem much different from theirs.

kladle
kladle

MRAL, I know you don’t believe in this whole genderqueer thing, but can you keep it to yourself? You really could have let that slide, you know. It’s one thing to roll your eyes at home and another thing entirely to go out of your way to deliberately de-gender Ozy. You don’t get to decide what gender a person is. You are not a gender cop. Repeat after me: “I am not a gender cop.”

Molly Ren

MRAL, I’m going to refer to you as “she” from now on.

hellkell
hellkell

MRAL, stop going out of your way to be obnoxious.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Can I refer to him as my little ray of sunshine, just to be ironic?

hellkell
hellkell

Sure, why not?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well, I guess he might take the little part as an attempt to be mean about his height. How about my big, happy ray of sunshine?

ozymandias42

Seconding the “MRAL is ‘she’ until he learns to stop being an asshat about other people’s pronouns” brigade.

Snowy
Snowy

Thirded! If that is a word. She it is.

Dracula
Dracula

Thirded! If that is a word.

It is now.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Ooh, MRAL is a she now? Awesome! Now she gets to know what spitting on men is like! Do you think she’ll find some mediocre dude to have sex with out of obligation to men, or will the power go to her head?

*grabs some popcorn… chicken. Meat is delicious*

Rutee Katreya

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

*sighs, and puts away popcorn*

Ah well… It’s not like MRAL would learn anything by being subject to the wrong pronoun for the five seconds it takes him to read our comments… Unless somehow its one of his inexplicable triggers that turn him into a fanatic capslock-abusing rager.

Snowy
Snowy

Hmm Rutee I think you’re right. Sorry.

Molly Ren

“I’m not really comfortable inflicting things I think are ethically wrong, even when the proposed target is a jackass.”

This occurred to me after I typed it. But it was great to just *imagine* for five minutes. 😛

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Does this mean I can’t call him my little/big happy ray of sunshine?

Rutee Katreya

That’s just sarcastic mockery, I can’t imagine what the problem is there XD

But misgendering people is actually wrong, and we shouldn’t be doing it just because mral is an asshole.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I agree, actually. Although I’m sure FF will whine about the mockery too.

ozymandias42

All right. *sighs* Am I allowed to giggle at the thought?

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Just call him USian. That’ll piss him off quite nicely. Not that it’s hard to do.

It would indeed be fun to call MRAL “she,” but I agree that “he’s a dickwad” is not justification to treat him in a way you don’t want people to be treated.

Pecunium

Molly: I don’t think she is the best way to point this out. If one were to misgender MRAL deserves “zie/zir”, all things considered.

But we can remind him that he’s a USian.

Molly Ren

Oh, good, now I can mock him properly:

MRAL, YOU GENDER POLICING USIAN TWIT, YOU!

OSHIII
OSHIII

How about we make all pronouns referring to MRAL “douche”, and variations thereof, until further notice?

Crys

I love it! subbing him now 🙂

Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson

I wonder what kind of uniform a gender cop would have