douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny precious bodily fluids rapey reddit that's not funny!

The most appalling rage comic ever?

I present to you: the most appalling rage comic I’ve ever seen. And that’s even if the story it tells — one of a very bad romantic breakup — isn’t true. (Which I really, really hope is the case.) How bad is the comic? Even the denizens of r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu, Reddit’s home for horrible rage comics, found it a bit distasteful. (Though this evidently didn’t stop all that many of them from upvoting it.)

Just so you know, when the dude in the comic refers to ‘karma,” he’s saying that if he gets upvotes for this comic, he’ll put the videos in question online.

Yeah, it’s that kind of breakup. So here’s the comic. TRIGGER WARNING for really really assholish behavior and nonconsensual sexual exploitation.

From Reddit.

Found via the always awesome ShitRedditSays.

CassandraSays

Simon is the Courtney Stodden of anti-feminist trolls!

(I’m still hoping that she turns out to be a 30 year old grad student doing all this as part of a thesis project.)

Jenn93
Jenn93

If you, Simon, are asking people to hide an aspect of who they are so you don’t have to be uncomfortable by acknowledge their existence, then who is asking who to adjust themselves? Seems to me like people who claim that the “other” is asking for special treatment are often expecting it themselves.

As for ritual, I think you might be referring to tradition, which has a nasty habit of turning onto dogma if simply accepted for the sake of itself.

Simon

Molly Ren, you must live in a world where 90% of people are irrational bigots. Bigots of a very different degree, but bigots nonetheless.

Actually, I’m starting to wonder if Simon is more self-aware than he lets on. The “fake prom” comment was just too perfect. Maybe he is a class of graduate students?

“more self-aware than he lets on”… huh???

Molly Ren

^Yeah, Need to Know’s Simon quote right up there.

Simon, I misread your quote about prom because I couldn’t see how you could make the “no right to equal treatment” statement and at the same time “have no words” about the fake prom. You see how treating people as someone to be excluded has negative effects, right?

… unless you thought the people who set up the fake prom were RIGHT. Those lesbians were just interfering with the high school straight people ritual!

Dracula
Dracula

Actually, I think it is pretty bad to sympathize with people whose bigotry leads them to play cruel tricks on innocent students who just wanted to enjoy themselves in equal standing with their peers.

The people who set up the fake prom? Not the wronged party.

Kyrie
Kyrie

@Simon “I just said, that I feel some sympathy for people who have problems to change their traditions or “rituals” that are built around the attraction between male and female humans. Is that sooooo bad?
I didn’t even say that I want to exclude anyone!”

You should rather try to feel sympathy for the people who suffer because some refuse to change their cosy little world and accept other people.

“Why do you think, that people get so enraged by the thought of a lesbian couple at prom that they set up a fake prom to fool them”

When people do such a thing, do you really think THEIR feeling is the most important thing?

Molly Ren

“The people who set up the fake prom? Not the wronged party.”

But Dracula, Simon can’t understand those people! He prefers softcore bigotry that doesn’t hurt anyone!

CassandraSays

Because they’re ignorant bigots who think that their right to not have to stretch their feeble little brains to accomodate change supercedes the right of everyone else to go about their business, just like you.

Brandon
Brandon

@Cynickal: Nope…Ashley and I are still together.

This comic was actually funny until the guy was all “we have been together FOREVER! and I LOVE YOU!!!”

Cameo Appearance
Cameo Appearance

Normally I just lurk here, but I really felt the need to comment today (even though I know this will probably be in moderation for a bit).

Simon, you said, “But I just have to admit, that I think that there’s no right for equal treatment in those cases. There are thousands of examples where people who have peculiar and uncommon preferences just can’t demand that the majority does everything to adjust itself to them.”

First of all, Prom isn’t some sacred ritual that we’ve no right to mess with, for goodness sake. Second, we’re not talking about one person out of 100 who doesn’t like seafood coming to, I don’t know, a seafood cookout and demanding that there should be beef provided for them. We’re talking about DISCRIMINATION. And, yes, barring a lesbian couple from attending prom, or insisting that their date has to be a boy, is discrimination!

I can’t even believe you typed something like “no right for equal treatment.” Human beings should have equal rights, period, whether or not they’re in the majority.

@CassandraSays:

Simon is the Courtney Stodden of anti-feminist trolls!

Courtney Stodden? Sorry, too dumb for this. Explain?

And please do me a favor, could you please, pleaaaaaaaaaaaase use the word troll only if you speak about a person that doesn’t believe what he’s arguing for. Thanks.

I mean, you call David K. Meller a troll, but if he were a real troll, you would be the biggest losers of Internet and he just a brilliant entertaining genius.

CassandraSays

I will call you anything I like, Simon. After all, you keep arguing that people like me are bizarre abberations whose existence is complicating the lives of others – why should I care about your feelings?

Also, there is this thing called Google. Use it.

Molly Ren

…Simon is just playing devil’s advocate for no good reason? -_-

CassandraSays

Actually I think he’s insisting that he’s being sincere, Molly. It’s hard to tell though given how incoherent he is.

Kyrie
Kyrie

troll : (urban dictionary)

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

My dictionary completely disagree with you. If you hate women and you scream “I HATE WOMEN LOLOLOL” on a feminist blog, you’re a troll. Also, calling people looser IS very provocative, so mind your words, you’re becoming a troll even more by the minute.

hellkell
hellkell

Well, Simon, no one here is all that clear on what you may be arguing for, other than you wanting to be a bigot.

Molly Ren

Simon, let’s make this easier for everyone:

Are you afraid of gay people (gay, bi, lesbian, etc.)? [Y][N]

Do you think gay people should be allowed to partake in events and activities which were formerly limited only to straight couples (marriage, prom, clubbing, holding hands in public etc.) [Y][N]

Do you think everyone deserves equal rights? [Y][N]

Kyrie
Kyrie

Molly: +1

ithiliana

@Simple Simon:

I’m sorry, I hope that you at least acknowledge that I don’t say things like “I’m proud to feel disgusted by homosexuals and bisexuals” like nwoslave or even worse things like David K. Meller.

DKM and NWO and some of the others flaunt their hatefulness and bigotry openly–you could say they are flying their flags bravely.

They are easy to identify.

People like you who politely euphemize their fear and disgust and enable the open hatefulness of the overt bigots are a support system for them — it’s all on a spectrum. You COUNT on them providing cover for you as well: they let you feel better about yourself, tell yourself and us you’re not soooooooooo bad.

I also don’t feel bad about the men only clubs and organizations who have had to change their rituals in recent years–especially if they’re getting state or federal support for discrimination. Ditto the whites only spaces that have had to change their rituals. (I’m not comparing these movements, but noting the parallel results in the US since the 1960s).

I was born in 1955, so remember that “nice simple time” before the Civil Rights movements in the US started changing things, and that nice simple time fucking sucked, and I nearly ended up killing myself before I worked myself out of the toxicity of the heterosexism and sexism of my family, my home town, and all those nice fucking rituals which I’d cheerfully burn on a pile of trash and dance happy around (THE RITUALS NOT THE PEOPLE).

Rituals are important, and that’s why they need to be challenged if they embody discrimination, whatever axis of identity is focused on.

Bottom line: it wasn’t simple. It wasn’t fun. And to hear this sort of spouting nastiness coming out of your mouth (metaphorically speaking) in 2011 is part and parcel of DKM and NWO.

You enable ’em, buddy boy.

Enjoy the company.

@Molly Ren:

@CassandaSays:

I will call you anything I like, Simon.

Yeah, but you might explain it to me?

I’ve never said that you are a “bizarre abberation”. If you are not flippant like now, you seem to be a nice person… I’ve absolutely nothing against your existence. 😉

CassandraSays

Simon, all of your last comments have been about how people just like me are complicating the lives of others by existing and wanting to do normal things like go to the prom. (Not me specifically, as I’m long past my high school days, but your arguments would apply to me too if I was younger.) If you honestly can’t see how that’s really offensive, and is indeed treating us like bizarre abberations, I’m not quite sure what to tell you other than, again, please try to be less self-centered.

Also, if you’re getting these ideas from your parents, they lied to you, just like they lied to you about your own sexual feelings.

Molly Ren

“No, I see that this treatment was horrible, because they put so extremely much energy just to exclude those two and it’s obvious that this caused a lot of harm.”

So lesbians can’t be included in “rituals” like prom as long as there isn’t a lot of work put into excluding them? XD

CassandraSays

Also, just as an aside, as annoyed as I am with Simon, I’m equally annoyed with his parents. Raising a child to think that their own sexual impulses are evil should be considered a form of child abuse, in my opinion.

@Kyrie:

I didn’t say “you were losers”, I said “you would be losers if xyz”

@Molly Ren:

Simon, let’s make this easier for everyone:

Are you afraid of gay people (gay, bi, lesbian, etc.)? [Y][N]

N

Y

Do you think everyone deserves equal rights? [Y][N]

Y (if somebody just ever cared about my equal rights, f*cking conscription)

Amnesia
Amnesia

Simon, just curious, do you think it’s all right for two girls to go to prom together if they aren’t in a relationship? Say, a group of friends that happens to be all or mostly girls that just go together cause they feel like going, whether they have a date or not?

It’s nice and simple if you have on the one side the boys in suits, on the other side the girls in dresses,

So, do you think girls should be allowed to wear tuxedos to prom? Or boys allowed to wear dresses?

CassandraSays

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who couldn’t wipe the floor with Meller in terms of basic human decency. One of my exes is a diagnosed sociopath (yeah, I know…I was a teenager and fell for his sob stories), and even he’s nicer than Meller.

@Molly Ren:

Okay, Molly, I personally wouldn’t want to exclude lesbians, and I even don’t think it’s really right to do it, these are people you know for a long time and it would send to them a hostile message that they aren’t accepted. Yet, I, also personally would always try to have this tact to accept it if people are uncomfortable with it, they know it that way, why should I be the one to make such a change, if it doesn’t really hurt me that much.
Prom is even a bad example, because as you said it’s excessive to think it’s a “ritual”. Another example, in Switzerland there are these funny marksmen festivals, and they have a king of marksmen, the winner of the competition, now imagine if he were gay and didn’t take his queen but his boyfriend as another king on his side (instead of just some women he knew). Honestly, not to do this is imho a kind of tact, that I value… now judge me for that! I’m honest to you, that in some special places I don’t see this kind of preference for heterosexuality as bad. That doesn’t mean same-sex couples can’t hold hands in public.

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

I don’t think Simon ever answered my comment that none of the behavior of others is any of his goddamned business. Did I miss it?

Amnesia
Amnesia

Is there something about these Switzerland marksmen things that I’m not getting? I really don’t see why that would be such a big deal if the ‘King of Marksmen’ took a guy as his ‘queen’. Just call it a ‘consort’ or something if you didn’t want to use a gendered title for him. I mean, really, why not? Would the women get jealous that they didn’t get a chance to be queen? Do they not get their own markswomen competition so they have to rely on a guy choosing them to get any recognition in these festivals?

Sniper
Sniper

“imagine if he were gay and didn’t take his queen but his boyfriend as another king on his side (instead of just some women he knew). Honestly, not to do this is imho a kind of tact, that I value… now judge me for that! ”

So what if he did? Seriously, so what? Some people will be scandalized? Why should Shooting King care?

CassandraSays

Or they could just decide that King and Queen are totally separate categories and that the two people thus named don’t have to be an actual couple. See? Simple.

@CassandraSays:

Cassandra, didn’t you notice that I argued mostly from the view point of other persons? I didn’t say, that I can’t accept you, that you make MY life uncomfortable…
And the Courtney Stodden thing… Be friends again and you explain it to me? 😉

hellkell
hellkell

Google it, Simon.

CassandraSays

Simon, as you can clearly see, the arguments you’ve been making here have offended a whole lot of people, including pretty much everyone who isn’t straight. You might want to take a step back and think about how you’re expressing yourself.

Holly Pervocracy

This is up a bit, but it’s a thing that annoys me:

If DKM doesn’t believe what he says, then he’s just a liar. He’s not a “winner” and we’re not “losers” because we took him at his word. That’s not how the game is played. Misrepresenting yourself is easy and obnoxious; it’s not brilliant at all. And believing that someone is who they say they are isn’t being a “loser,” it’s speaking in good faith.

@hellkell:

Google it, Simon.

I googled it, but I still don’t get the joke.

@CassandraSays:

I’m sorry. I really tried to be as careful as possible.

@Amnesia:

I think this is a nice example what this kind of abstraction does to your mind and what weird results will follow. You can deride homophobes like nwoslave, as hateful, irrational, old fashioned, and you’ll have the majority of people on your side. But suddenly when you speak about boys in dresses you will hear from the same people things like “Oooh, noooo, that goes too far!” and you are the one who is laughed at. And then you even throw your former allies together with nwoslave… I couldn’t live with that!

CassandraSays

” But suddenly when you speak about boys in dresses you will hear from the same people things like “Oooh, noooo, that goes too far!” and you are the one who is laughed at. ”

Hmm? Most of the people I consider either friends or allies would be totally fine with boys in dresses. In fact, I know a number of men who’ve worn dresses to perform on stage! It’s really not that big a deal.

MizDarwin
MizDarwin

“I’m honest to you, that in some special places I don’t see this kind of preference for heterosexuality as bad.”

Then we are “honest to you”: that’s homophobia, dude.

Heterosexuality doesn’t need to be given a preferred status. Ever.

hellkell
hellkell

Simon, your soft bigotry is way worse than DKM or NWO. I much prefer their in-your-face hate to your mealy-mouthed “Whoops, I tried, sorry.” If you’re going to be offensive, own it.

CassandraSays

In all seriousness, Simon, you should take a trip to San Francisco, this place would blow your mind. The Halloween party in the Castro would be a good place to start. The first time I ever went there were a group of men in fluffly and lacey pink lingerie on the balcony of a motel singing “These Boots Are Made For Walking”, and everyone in the crowd was cheering them. The crowd isn’t all gay either, lots of straight people go.

darksidecat

Okay, I will make a list

1. I know Simon is not a Usian, but in the US, there is a body of law about expression and free speech of school students. It is not actually the case that the school always has the right to deny the student the right to expressive conduct or speech. These things you are arguing that people could not have are not actually necessarily things they do not have a right to under the US legal system, which is the legal system under which most of the people on this forum live.

2. I am perfectly fine with elimination sex classifications on restrooms.

3. You do realize that many people on this forum are feminists, right? Feminists do oppose and complain about sex and gender based categories on a pretty regular basis, and in many cases have spent years fighting to eliminate them.

There are thousands regulations which are sex-based that can’t be explained by the biological differences of the male and female body (like everything which has to do something about pregnancy) and are nothing but traditions, yet nobody, NOBODY, cares about them. You aren’t allowed to have long hair in most armies of the world as a male but you are mostly as a female. This is nothing but tradition. People would laugh at you if you wanted to change this. But what an outcry would you expect for example if the army would order blacks to completely shave their heads while whites can wear a nice haircut?

Us feminist want rid of those sex based discriminations. I am perfectly fine with gender neutral grooming standards, in fact, I strongly advocate for them. There are US Supreme Court cases on gendered workplace grooming rules, it is certainly not the case that no one ever argues and advocates around these issues. It is also worth noting as well that natural black hair is often treated as unprofessional and many black people face discrimination around their hair. I knew a nice young man with a small afro who faced a great deal of negative reaction to his hair that white men with similar hair lengths did not receive.

4. Heteros are not better than queer people. Showing legal preference and giving extra rights to heteros is hateful and discriminatory. Tradition is not a good grounds for denying people equality.

Joanna

You know, back in ancient Roman times, men having sex with men was considered manly. Even though they may have had a wife, they used to like, fornicate with other men while out to war as a sort of male bonding thing. It’s kind of interesting when you think about it.

Raoul
Raoul

I’m sure our modern military has a certain level of homosocial – even fake-homoerotic – horseplay that you have to participate in for the sake of unit bonding.

Pecunium

Simon: No, Dracula, look at the original analogy. You are not excluded from prom because you are a lesbian but you can’t bring your girlfriend with you, you have to find a boy.
It’s about the sex, not the sexual orientation.

Bullshit.

You can marry anyone you like, so long as they are the same race as you.

You can go to any school you like, so long as it’s just for Blacks.

You can sleep with anyone you like, so long as they are the opposite gender.

You can’ come to the prom without a date.

All of those are the same as the nonsense you spouted.

It’s about the sex, and showing up in public with your beloved.

Raoul
Raoul

Back to rage comics if I may…
I have to admit I don’t get the humor OR the level of outrage. Sure it’s disgusting, but what makes it super-specially-ultra-disgusting?

Is rage comics a particularly well-defined subculture? What do I, the noob, need to understand before reading this comic to appreciate the reaction it’s drawing?

I may be just too old. I remember the ’70s-’80s genre of black humor that worked basically like this: 1) I say/do something straight-up disgusting. 2) You laugh if you’re hip; I pwn you if you’re square. Is there any echo of that here?

Joanna

Simon, dude, what difference does it make. At our equivalent of prom, a couple of the girls didn’t have a date so they brought a friend of the same sex instead. They were all straight (as far as I can remember). No one batted an eyelash. Yeesh! Ye Americans take prom way too seriously. It’s supposed to be a fun night for young people. Why should social politics come into it at all?

Pecunium

Rome and Greece were a lot more complicated in how they saw sexuality. There were things men could do with other men, and things they couldn’t (being the, “passive” partner was unmanning, it’s why Martial keeps telling his opponents he’s going to fuck them, in the ass or the mouth).

But it wasn’t seen as unmanly to like to be the active partner with other men.

Basically, in Rome, being at the top of a heap meant you could hit, or have sex with, anyone below you in that heap.

Joanna

Raoul, Rage comics are usually based on crap we deal with in day-to-day life, made humorous in web comic form. That’s what makes them good. This one is not good. It doesn’t make sense and I really don’t think anyone can relate to the main guy here unless they are of the MRA type =P

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I pointed this out before, but it’s bad story-telling as well. First we see the guy only cares about having sex, then we are told that he is so deep in love that he would humiliate the girl for breaking up with him, a break-up that he foresaw in his sex-pursuing antics.