douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny precious bodily fluids rapey reddit that's not funny!

The most appalling rage comic ever?

I present to you: the most appalling rage comic I’ve ever seen. And that’s even if the story it tells — one of a very bad romantic breakup — isn’t true. (Which I really, really hope is the case.) How bad is the comic? Even the denizens of r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu, Reddit’s home for horrible rage comics, found it a bit distasteful. (Though this evidently didn’t stop all that many of them from upvoting it.)

Just so you know, when the dude in the comic refers to ‘karma,” he’s saying that if he gets upvotes for this comic, he’ll put the videos in question online.

Yeah, it’s that kind of breakup. So here’s the comic. TRIGGER WARNING for really really assholish behavior and nonconsensual sexual exploitation.

From Reddit.

Found via the always awesome ShitRedditSays.

Snowy
Snowy

Wow, why on earth would anyone want to break up with this guy? He seems so caring and emotionally stable. I guess it’s just a mystery.

Eneya

Whait what? A relatiobships ends… they have sex, he does something she dislikes and then he threatens to post sex video online? WHY?
This guys simply sounds like an idiot. What is he raging about? What’s the issue here? People breakup all the time and his breakup sounds like quite… normal. No issues, no horrible moments (according his own words)… and then BAM!, “I am going to hurt you for breaking upw ith me, though you didn’t do anything bad to me”.

Explain yoursrlf bro…

Lauralot
Lauralot

Holy shit, What a thing to read in the morning.

Viscaria
Viscaria

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Can anything be done to prevent those videos from being put online without her permission, does anyone know?

Dracula

I’m no expert, but I ‘m pretty sure that’s not what “karma” means. Also, fucking gross.

Holly Pervocracy

It’s really sad/horrifying that he talks about doing this because he “loves” her. That’s really not how love works.

And it’s not like it was a nasty breakup, not like she was cheating on him or ran away with his money or anything. (Not that those would justify this.) She just… didn’t want to date him for the rest of her life.

Anyway, in before someone defends it. Sigh.

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

Someone dated that douchenozzle for four years? I call shenanigans.

Bee
Bee

Oh look. He’s crying! Poor thing. And he even got her a gift!

ApeMan1976

This is quite possibly the most stomach-churningly horrible thing I’ve seen on this site. And that is really saying something.

hellkell
hellkell

So… all he was worried about was not getting his dick wet. What a prince.

Dracula

Someone dated that douchenozzle for four years? I call shenanigans.

Sadly, that’s not as implausible as it sounds.

I would like to say, however, that even if this whole thing is made up and intended as a joke, it’s not funny. It’s just offensive and creepy as shit.

cynickal
cynickal

Brandon and Ashley broke up?

Eneya

I don’t know about offensive, I am still stuck at “COMPLETELY ABSURD AND STUPID”.

Snowy
Snowy

ahhhhhahhahahhahahaHA cynickal!

Joanna

Le wut? I really don’t know how I feel right now… e.e

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

I know it is disgusting, but it is also ridiculous and dumb and makes no sense… and maybe they dated from freshman year of high school through her first month at college, at which point she was ready to move on and he wasn’t. It IS that time of the year, where young men and women all over the country are away from their high school sweetheart for the first time and realizing that there’s a whole lot of variety that they’d like to sample.

Oh, and I’ve had that bad end to a relationship: woman spent all my money, used my money to pay for dates while she was cheating on me with her unemployed boyfriend while I was working 12 hour days to pay the bills. And even though she only had a job for 2 months while we were living together for 2 years, when she moved out she took 95% of the things in the apartment… she didn’t even leave me a plate or a pot, even though I bought them AND did most of the cooking. Since I actually did love her, I didn’t try to humiliate her sexually just for giggles, and I went ahead and erased the sex tapes. Then again, I didn’t have the Internet…

Joanna

Improbable Joe, why on earth did you put up with this woman for 2 years???

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Silly cynickal, the girl in the comic wasn’t orgasmically fucking thrilled with the facial so you know this comic wasn’t made by Brandon. 😀

And aside from all the creepy rapey abusive stuff… is it too much to ask that ragecomics actually be funny? This isn’t even funny in a misogynistic way! I mean, if it has ended at the “okay” panel then at least it would have had a punchline, albeit a sexist and assholish one. But it just goes on and on until I’m reading the video bit with a mixture of disgust at the author and relief that at least the stupid comic is over.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

while I was working 12 hour days to pay the bills.

If you were a real man you’d work 28 hour days, like NWO. ;D

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

Joanna… she was really good looking, and I’m really not. The sort of good looking where when I was out without her, strangers (like waiters and cashiers and bartenders) would ask me if she was my girlfriend and when I said “yes” they would give me high-fives. She was also a compulsive liar and told me all the things I wanted to hear which was crazy flattering as well. Plus, I was working so many hours that I didn’t have the mental or emotional energy to see what was happening right under my nose.

I’m not saying I was the perfect boyfriend. I was working 70-80 hours a week and I didn’t have the physical energy to take her out all the time. If she’d just dumped me I would have been upset but it wouldn’t have been a betrayal. But instead of talking to me about it she kept spending my money as fast as I made it, and decided to cheat on me for the last 6 months we were together. She decided to dump me when her boyfriend proposed to her, I guess the same week.

I learned two valuable lessons: I learned that you shouldn’t financially support people who you aren’t married to, and eventually that being bitter and angry and vengeful towards an ex-whatever is really just a way to avoid dealing with the loss of the relationship. The sooner you let it go, the sooner you can move on and be happy. As opposed to making a stupid comic, and threatening to show the world the sex videos. If this story bears ANY relationship to reality, all this guy has done is make his ex-girlfriend the center of his world… even putting the disgusting nature of his behavior aside, why give someone that much power over you?

Joanna

That’s really sad Joe and I’m sorry you had to go through that. But I guess every once in a while we come across someone who does us more harm than good when we don’t realize it. I feel sorry for the dude that married her lol.

ozymandias42

*hugs* Joe.

Ten bucks says an MRA stops by and either calls her a feminist or says we Manboobzers support her.

Bee
Bee

Wow, that’s shitty.

I’m really sorry, Joe. Glad you’ve moved on. I hope you’re in a much better space now.

Eneya

I am sorry to hear that Joe. Unfortunately such people exist and they are sad excused for humans.
I really, really don’t care what MRA will say next. Hell, someone will use the fact that the sky is blue as some kind of proof how evil all feminists/women are… honestly, it doesn’t matter.
Just let them frown in hatered and stupidity.

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

Hey folks, no big deal in the long run… I could have married her, made babies with her, and THEN she cheat on me and I would have been stuck in Dirtburg, TN for the rest of my life working that same crap job to support my kids for 18 years. I wouldn’t have met the woman I’m married to now, either. So you know, pros and cons, you take the good with the bad, everything happens for a reason, the world is your oyster, all’s well that ends well. And funny how it ends better if you don’t turn into a raging asshole for the rest of your life… maybe some food for thought for the MRAs that are surely reading all this.

Point is, even with a great and 100% legitimate reason to be angry with someone, there’s no reason to be misogynistic, anti-feminist, or to threaten to show the world videos of you and your ex having sex without her consent. Just no

Joanna

*high fives Joe*

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Jeez, Joe… I’m really sorry that you went through that and, like other posters, I’m pleased that you’re in a such a good space.

Just know that your inability to take her out because of your work schedule was nt the reason she behaved that way. Her shitty attitude, self-centeredness, and complete lack of moral center are the reasons she behaved that way. I’m not going to day that she’ll make a terrible wife -she may well be the perfect wife for the guy she ended up with- but she definitely makes a terrible person.

Shora

Joe, I’m really sorry that happened, to you, but I’m really happy for you that you were able to move on and have a happy marriage 🙂 If only everyone with such experiences reacted with the maturity that you did…

Also, yes the comic was horrible, and I was really angry, and then I read the comments. Lots of people called him out on what a horrible immature shit he is, and those who supported him/asked for videos had the shit down voted out of them. The original poster even deleted the username.

so at the end of the day, there’s a net gain in my faith in humanity 🙂

Xtra
Xtra

Someone dated that douchenozzle for four years? I call shenanigans.–Improbable Joe

Well he did say long distance. Four years could be possible if she did not have to see him every day.

Sorry you had to deal with the selfish, horrible ex but I love hearing you ended up better that she left.

Brandon and Ashley broke up?

Cynickal you are the definition of AWESOME!!! You made me choke on my soda.

Dracula

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that, Joe. Nice to know you’re doing better.

This thread actually reminds me about Simon’s recent comments about “simplicity”. I went through a breakup myself recently (not a nasty or hateful one, just painful), and I found myself thinking that it would be so much simpler just to be angry, to hold on to the hurt I felt, to deny the complexity of the situation and just give myself some one or something to blame. She didn’t do anything wrong, but the temptation was there, and I’m glad I was able to recognize it for what it was: A seemingly easy but ultimately destructive and pointless way out of dealing with the pain.

I don’t want to be that guy.

“…reminds me about…”?

Ugh, terrible use of the language there. What the fuck’s wrong with me?

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

It is cool Dracula, mangle the language all you like… recent break-ups give you a free pass?

I get what you’re saying though, about avoiding dealing with pain by getting angry. I’m sure that for every MRAer who is just a terrible person through and through, there’s another one who had a bad break-up, doesn’t know how to deal, found the misogynists online and will lose them again once the pain goes away. Too bad for them that joining with the misogynists makes the recovery time longer and more painful instead of the other way around.

Nezumi
Nezumi

Ugh… I’ve seen some horrifically misogynistic, trans-hating, gay-bashing, etc. Rage Comics (and some really awesome pro-woman, trans-positive, gay-positive ones as well, I have to admit)… but this just takes the cake for being horrifically disgusting. I’ve rarely seen anything as obvious as this comic in its contempt for women — most things at least try to disguise their rank misogyny as something other than blatant woman-hating.

shaenon

I dunno…it’s pretty good for a webcomic.

Dracula

Hey, there’s lots of good webcomics out there.

Simon
Simon

@Dracula:
Now Eneya will tell you that you don’t belong here because you can’t speak English… (though she also often makes stupid mistakes)

To confuse “proof” and “prove” is just orthography, but “reminds me of” is really basic… that was an unforgivable mistake!

And all what I said about simplicity was self-critical and I emphasized that a couple of times. Many people are yearning for simplicity and simple explanations (myself totally included) and you only prove (hah!) that again with your comment, Dracula.

Oh, come on, epic troll (and I mean troll in the old fashioned way, not like you use it).

Damn, why am I still posting here… 😉

Dracula

Yeah, I get that, Simon. That was my entire point, actually; that the temptation to oversimplify things can be very strong, and I understand where it comes from, but ultimately it’s unhealthy, self-destructive and harmful to those around you.

Molly Ren

I’m also not sure if “simple” is even the right word for the world Simon wants. “Jill likes girls” and “Jack likes boys” and “Molly likes girls AND boys” still doesn’t seem *that* hard… maybe all the time I’ve spent on the computer has altered my brain?

Dracula

I guess it’s just a matter of perspective, Molly Ren. “People want to fuck who they want to fuck.” is pretty simple and straightforward to me, too.

Raoul
Raoul

And…you don’t get to f just anyone you want to. They have to want to f you, too. And the only way you find that person is by sorting thru a lot of people who don’t want to f you.

It’s like anything else: if you can’t stand to hear NO ten times loudly, you’re not ready for YES.

Raoul: That too.

Simon
Simon

Molly, to see purpose in nature is simple, that was the normal way humans looked at the world until Darwin. It’s so natural and entrenched in our minds that everybody, even Richard Dawkins 😉 would say “The heart’s purpose is to pump blood through the body”.

So if we take this simple world view, then heterosexuality is the ‘distinguished’ sexual orientation, it’s the presumed purpose of nature and it’s also the orientation of the majority.

To make it clear, I never in my life understood the nasty sort of homophobia like in Jamaica (because even if you think homosexuality is a defect, why should one be so incredibly hateful? That’s just as totally absurd as the desire to lynch a color blind person.), but I can at least empathize a bit with people who think “Lesbian couple at the prom…? No, that goes to far!”.
It’s nice and simple if you have on the one side the boys in suits, on the other side the girls in dresses, the lesbian couple destroys this nice arrangement, or you are just used to a strawberry king & queen and not to a king & king and so on.

Holly Pervocracy

Simon, it would be simplest if people had just one kind of limb and we didn’t have these “hands” and “feet” to keep apart–oh no! what do I buy, a glove or a shoe? do I put weight on it or not? how will I explain this to the children?–but that is not how life actually works.

Arguing that it would be “simpler” if certain inconvenient people didn’t exist (or at least, you know, didn’t exist all in your face) isn’t just hateful, it’s ridiculous. It’s not how grown-ups deal with life.

Ray Percival

“but I can at least empathize a bit with people who think “Mixed Race couple at the prom…? No, that goes to far!”.”

There is no difference between these two statements. Up to and including the justifications used by bigots who support both statements.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

>>but I can at least empathize a bit with people who think “Lesbian couple at the prom No, that goes to far!”.

Considering the outfit my brother wore at his prom, I’m pretty sure they don’t turn away color-blind people from the prom either, so why is that not as ridiculous?

Dracula

Wait, what? Darwin caused us to stop seeing purpose in nature? That’s basically the exact opposite of true. Besides, as others have pointed out, human sexuality has more than just one purpose. It’s about intimacy, social bonding, and hell, just plain feeling pleasure, not just makin’ babies.

Again, if you can justify treating someone as something alien and lesser than yourself, you can justify all manner of horrendous crimes against said person. One follows the other.

Moewicus
Moewicus

I don’t see how it’s simpler to suppress and attempt to ignore, what, ten percent of the population? It requires far more effort to raise an objection to some lesbians who just want to attend prom than it is to just accept them and go about the business of getting drunk and dancing and having stupidly unprotected sex in your limo.

Moewicus
Moewicus

I remember hearing an interview with some female Canadian country singer on NPR some time ago, who said that she had a girlfriend in high school. Apparently it was treated as natural by everyone around her and it wasn’t until much later that she learned the concepts of “lesbian” and “homosexual.” The desire for “simple” gender roles seems to me far more complex and requiring much more effort than being comfortable with the natural individual expression of affection and sexuality.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

Simon:

What? The thing science gave to human’s view of nature is a way to be regularly and progressively incorrect. A way to say, I think the world works in this way, but I am willing to entertain evidence that will eventually prove that I’m a monumental idiot for thinking that.

What science doesn’t do is say some matter of human behavior is “natural” and some other behavior is “unnatural,” just because it would be simple to believe that.

In fact, science shows our closest evolutionary relatives exhibit a range of sexual behavior strikingly similar to our own, except for monogamous pair bonding, but then, humans aren’t very good at that either we just think we should be.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Simon, stop being a self-centered child. I don’t care if my existence makes your life less “simple”. There are millions of not-straight people in the world, and your they have just as much right to exist as you do. Grow up and deal with it.

1 2 3 6