antifeminism crackpottery evil women I'm totally being sarcastic idiocy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men reactionary bullshit the spearhead

Spearheadonomics: How the ladies caused our economic malaise

These are the awkwardly posed businessladies who wrecked our economy
These are the awkwardly posed businessladies who wrecked our economy

Like a lot of people, when I’m looking for insights on the current economic mess, I turn first to random dudes posting on The Spearhead. Here’s some guy called Poiuyt explaining how ladies and the men who don’t hate them are the source of all our troubles:

Because this god damned genderist society has become so amoral, so degenerate and so bankrupted on account of its genderist pervervions and femaleist subversions, it is going to be exceedingly difficult to grow itself out of the mess it finds itself in. The proverbial golden geese and their precious eggs in male produktivity have been either been killed, eaten, over-exploited, over worked, abused, dis-incentivised, harrased and are now increasingly extinct.

Well, I can’t argue with that, though the whole goose metaphor isn’t working 100% for me, given that I’m pretty sure it’s not the man goose that lays the eggs, but the lady goose. But that’s nitpicking. Poiuyt is on a roll:

You simply cannot get any further male inspired ekonomic growth out of hugely indebted and morally bankrupted societies as ours following genderist statism today, … … because the primary sources of growth potential in male inspired productivity and male entrepreneurship has been cannibalised to the bone. Cannibalised to the point where there is nothing left to base any further ekonomic growth on, consequent of the vicious sexist state ideology of womanism at all costs.

49 upvotes for this bit of wisdom.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Oh, dear gods, the stupid is going to burn my retinas.

Holly Pervocracy

MRA TACTICAL DIRECTIVE: in this thread, the theme is going to be “silly ladies should stay at home and let men work the important jobs.”

Do not confuse this with a “silly ladies shouldn’t make a man support them” thread, or we will lose vital solidarity.

kysokisaen

Once again we turn to the comedy websites to educate us. Turns out, we had economies before women had rights and they still managed to implode sometimes. http://www.cracked.com/article_18397_5-economic-collapses-more-ridiculous-than-this-one.html

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Can someone help me parse the MRA word salad? Who exactly are the eggs in this scenario, and who’s eating them? Do they now believe that feminist and/or American women as a whole are cannibals?

Amnesia
Amnesia

He’s not talking about economies, he’s talking about ekonomies. Big difference, you know. If he were talking about economies, some people might actually get the misguided idea that he knows anything about the subject matter. How kind of him to make sure we don’t waste our time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Moewicus
Moewicus

The lulz, it burns us!

Here’s part of one from oddsock, who has an avatar that reads “male greater than sign female”:

We call and even make fun of the womans rationalization hamster. What about those that still vote for these con merchants or still declare themselves as a republican or democrat etc etc ?

What’s the womans rationalization hamster? Can I get one?

Protip: when a room goes quiet, don’t be the one saying, loudly “All I know is, there’s a little hamster up there who knows exactly what he is doing.” But if you do, at least be sure to say you were referring to your womans rationalization hamster.

Dracula
Dracula

I shit you not, I had to read that last bit of the OP twice, due to it being so intensely stupid my eyes refused to focus on it.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Moewicus, I think their hamster thing is their way of saying that a woman can’t think like a man. When she tries to address one of the MRA claims, it’s an exercise in futility like a hamster running on a wheel. Like a lot of their in group jargon, it’s too obscure for most people to get. I just find it ironic that the MRA’s that talk about this “rationalization hamster” don’t make any logical arguments themselves. Their arguments are usually just a bunch of bs and misogyny mixed up in meaningless word salads.

blitzgal

Well, women are just so darned terrible it’s amazing the human race even exists today!

hellkell
hellkell

I love that these guys hate women so much that they’ll blame them for anything and everything, regardless of facts. Keep bringing the lulz, guys!

Trollin'MRAs
Trollin'MRAs

Al Jazeera – The Men Who Crashed the World.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Hamster? Puh-lease. I’m controlled by a platypus.

Holly Pervocracy

I have a rationalization guinea pig.

Thus my explanation for everything–from my temerity to have a career to my unreasonable demands to not be assaulted–is VRRRT VRRRT CARROTS? VRRREEERT.

Aloren

I am just a little mixed up with all the eggs and geese and how they relate to women messing up the economy by working.. You know working to support themselves and thier families. Because if they didn’t they would be money grubbing whores. So now if they do work for living they ruin the economy? I just never get exactly what the MRAs bottom line is. Some want all women to die off, others want us as domestic house and sex slaves… But not called that just that the sexes “compliment” eachother and we have a duty to men.(gak) So what is it? Why can’t they just focus on changing the laws they find unfair and supporting the men they think are abused? Why bring in all this hate and weird controlling ideals… It baffles me.

ithiliana

“femaleist suberversion”

I LIKE it!

ozymandias42

Femaleist Subversion is the name of my hypothetical queercore band’s first album. JSYK.

ithiliana

I’d buy it!

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

I can never tell if it’s going to be a “women should get married, stay at home and have babies” day or a “women are gold diggers and should support themselves financially” day.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s both. If women claim that it’s impossible to do both that’s just a sign that they aren’t trying hard enough.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

Hamster is one of the words used by men who don’t like to be shamed as shaming language against females.

Holly Pervocracy

Jill – The closest thing to a consistent stance I can figure out is that most MRAs are willing to support women so long as they are obedient housewives. It’s mostly the idea of paying their money and not getting a guarantee of permanent full ownership in return that makes them angry.

Nova
Nova

Spearhafoc

It’s times like this I wish I didn’t have the word “Spear” in my chosen Internet nym.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

We know NWO doesn’t like the ladies sitting at home eating Bon bons and one of PAN’s favourite stories/gripes is that his ex wife refused to work

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

…inb4 DKM starts talking about how sexy hamsters are? XD

Valerie
Valerie

“Genderist statism” WTF? If anyone knows what the in the fresh hell this means, please do NOT explain it to me. If knew what it was it would lose the mystery and the hilarity. For some reason when I read that I got the song “Glory Glory, Hallelujah” in my head and I can’t purge.
@Ozymandias42, Can you re-make that song with your new band?

I really do wish their rants were set to songs.

Shora

Okay, so I sort of get why MRAs spell things funny… Like “Women” is “womyn, wimminz, wymyn” and feminist is sometimes “fymynyst” It has something to do with mockery, specifically, mocking women. I’m not sure how spelling things wrong is mocking to women, except maybe I read somewhere that some radfems/second wavers used “womyn” because of the sexim they saw in the word for woman being a derivative of man? So yea I can kind of see where they’re comming from with that…

But why the fuck is he spelling “economics” “ekonomics”? Who is he mocking by changing the “c” to the “k”? Where is the subversion here? I really don’t fuckin get it.

Arielle Shander

Why do some MRAs make up such stupid words?

KathleenB
KathleenB

Arielle Shander: Truly a question for the ages.

Magpie
Magpie

His other words are spelled properly*, maybe english is his second language.

*which raises the possibility that he’s a Poe

Holly Pervocracy

I think “ekonomics” is like “Amerika,” in that you’re expressing disapproval by using a K instead of a C, because that’s supposedly a more “Russian” spelling, which means that ekonomics is commie economics.

I’m not even joking, I think that’s what he’s getting at.

Shora

Holly; My mind can’t accept that level of stupid. Truely

Moewicus
Moewicus

It seems like it comes from replacing the c in “America” with a k, making “Amerika” but with a different and negative view of the United States than the former might imply. My impression is that it comes from lefty anarchist types, but of course is not limited to them. The point is reflecting a deeply cynical view of the affected words–Amerika is like totally fascist man, it’s run by ekonomists and rethuglokrats and Bancers. Wikipedia seems to agree with this view.

Interestingly, there is a website called amerika.org run by a “crunchy conservative.” It defines “Amerika” as “a type of civilization, not a place” and its alternative to Amerika is “Paleoconservatism: traditional values, monarchism, caste and leadership by culture.” Because that worked out so well for Latin America under Spain, amirite?

hellkell
hellkell

“ekonomics” sounds like a shitty bookscase from IKEA that comes with an insane pictogram, missing screws, and drives you to drink.

Magpie
Magpie

Thanks Meowicus, I’ve learned something new today 🙂
(also learned: if there’s more than one possibility for why MRA does something, it’ll be the stupidest/meanest one.)

Magpie
Magpie

Oops, sorry for the misspelling Moewicus 🙁

hellkell, screws loose are definitely part of it.

shaenon

Wasn’t “male productivity and male entrepreneurship” more thoroughly “cannibalized” back when men were the only ones allowed to be productive and entrepreneurial? Even if women suck compared to men, surely a workforce of men and women working together will use up that precious male energy less quickly than an all-male workforce.

…Why am I trying to apply logic and two seconds of thought to this?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

…Why am I trying to apply logic and two seconds of thought to this?

Hope springs eternal?

Eneya

Rambling: check
Accusations how women ruined the world: check
Ignoring reality and history: check
Logic: missing.
3 out of 4… obviously enough for these guys to think they are saying anything worth listening to.

Ravenous Beast
Ravenous Beast

Holy hand-held remotes! Ozymandias42 is making an album and ithiliana is buying it. Why with all this producing and consuming we just might have the beginnings of an economy ( Pardon, i mean ekconomy). Please, think of the poor golden egg layers of male productivity, please I implore you.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

One prominent spearheader likes to declare that only males can create employment, then WHAT ARE THE MENZ DOING???

MEN, you need to create employment!

Forget Obi-Wan Kenobi, MEN are our only hope!!!

Perplexed
Perplexed

“Wait, so the wimmenz are supposed to sit at home and take care of the baybeez, but women aren’t supposed to expect a man to support them? Is this where NWO’s women sitting in the street and crying thing comes into play?”

I’m still trying to reconcile the MRA insistance that their teenaged daughters be totally ‘pure’ with their insistance that men of all ages should be allowed to have sex with any teenager girl they chose.

Leila
Leila

Hey genderist, myn-hating, malefirstborn-eating, nonsexhaving whores. How’s it going? First time commenter here.

I see the SP have at once titillated and ravished our intellect with their latest release of sophistry. It’s almost as though this is the first economic recession that has ever occurred. And it’s almost as though the banking cartel and fiscal structure isn’t almost entirely engineered and directed by men. Wut? No. It’s the women. It’s always the women. Facts are immaterial.

sloejenphys
sloejenphys

I know it’s useless to ask (because according to Spearheaders it probably doesn’t exist), but what about women inspired productivity and entrepreneurship? I’m guessing it’s to blame for the current economic crisis, but that’s one of the few part of this rant I can make sense of (as in the string of words actually resembles a sentence), that we’ve apparently cannabilised (how?) any male productivity (sorry, produktivity). Also, way too many k’s.

Oh, and my rationalization animal is that creepy wolf from Neverending Story…he doesn’t do a very good job.

ozymandias42

Ravenous Beast: Our currency is the lulz.

Peter
Peter

“I know it’s useless to ask (because according to Spearheaders it probably doesn’t exist), but what about women inspired productivity and entrepreneurship?”

Ok, I’ll bite. What about the women-inspired productivity and entrepreneurship? For every one Oprah you can name off the top of your head, I can give you a Jobs, Gates, Paul Allan, Lucas, Sergei Brin, etc, etc. These men have helped create new technologies and thus, themselves drive forward new ways to create wealth. Plus there’s the hundreds of thousands of genius level men who work under them and make their ideas real.

Women entrepreneurs, on the other hand, make their buck primarily by selling unnecessary, non-technological consumer goods to people, primarily women. Oprah promotes books and sells modern snake oil and feel-goods, and Martha Stuart pushes pillow casings and $100 fruit baskets and other crap nobody needs. Why don’t you give me an example of a female entrepreneur who has created innovation, and thus real wealth.

“Spearhead KNOWS that men are primarily responsible for our current economic shitscape, and are scrambling to find some she-goats to scape! Sad and Pathetic, but what else do you expect from spearhead scumsuckers?”

Get bent. The economic crisis in 2008 wasn’t some 1980’s junk bond market crash created exclusively by male traders. It was and is primarily a housing bubble crisis and a consumer credit bubble crisis. And who’s dreamed of having Barbie’s Toy Mansion ever since they were little girls? The crisis coincided with an explosion of female home ownership and female consumer debt. Corrupt men on Wall Street had their hands in repackaging crap mortgages as AAA bonds. But again, before you blame men for everything, why don’t you visit your local bank branch down the street? Who staffs the branch, and thus, who sold all these subprime mortgages to people? Make sure you also blame the hundreds of thousands of branch level women bankers who lied to people’s faces about their mortgages.

Seraph
Seraph

“Germans?”

“Forget it, he’s rolling.”

oldfeminist

I have a rationalization shrimp.

bekabot
bekabot

“What’s the womans rationalization hamster? Can I get one?”

“Moewicus, I think their hamster thing is their way of saying that a woman can’t think like a man. When she tries to address one of the MRA claims, it’s an exercise in futility like a hamster running on a wheel.”

Whaddya mean “futility”? The Woman’s Rationalization Hamster is the hamster which can generate infinite spin!

Don’t know if I’d want to mess around with the Rationalization Shrimp, though. That thing looks like it might bring back the Flood.

1 2 3 6