$MONEY$ alpha males atlas shrugged beta males evil women I'm totally being sarcastic marriage strike MGTOW misogyny MRA

Ladies: He’s Going Galt — and it’s all your fault

Screw you, sister! I'm Going Galt!

Ladies! Better move fast if you want to sink your talons into some hard-working, high-earning beta man-wallet! Men’s Rights Redditor ShinShinGogetsuko is on to you ladies and your devious ways, and he’s taking his video games and going home. By which I mean: he’s GOING GALT!

Men are choosing to reject the culture that is being forced upon them which tells them to be anything but MEN. What they want us to be is slaves, to throw away our souls and toil away while women get to do whatever they want in the name of “female empowerment” and with a court system that will side with them. Equality is the ideal, but it’s not about equality–it’s about control. Men are going Galt.

When society takes a stand against the destruction of men’s character, then men will return to being men. Until then, Xbox 720.

See, I wasn’t kidding about the video games bit.

LINK and SCREENSHOT.

Thanks to tim-buckles on ShitRedditSays for the link (and the screenshot).

Rutee Katreya

I am totally for assholes ‘going galt’ from the dating pool. I’m sure it’ll be as successful a campaign as going galt from society.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

But now who will I have to stay home and raise my babies?

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

But now who will I have to stay home and raise my babies?

The Xbox will be handling all childcare from now on. 😀

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

So they’ll be setting up a utopian hamlet in a craftily hidden mountain valley? Okay.

Shora

I’m going to echo the sentiments in a previous thread;

Epic plan! Lock yourselves in your man-caves with your xboxes and never concern yourself about women again!

…..please?

Holly Pervocracy

Win-win situation. And if he leaves the workplace, even better; that’s a job opening up for someone who needs it!

I’d be concerned if all the men did this, but data recently received from the planet Earth suggests that my time would be better spent worrying about the government being taken over by zebras.

mythago

Fucking zebras. Fuck those fuckers.

You have to admit, though that this is a particularly creative excuse:

“Shigeru, you’re supposed to be doing your homework and taking out the garbage!”

“Screw that, dad. I’m going Galt. Until the national destruction of men’s character happens, I’m withdrawing from this corrupt, female-dominated society. I protest by immersing myself in Xbox games rather than meekly submitting to societal neutering.”

Lauralot

Galt? How fitting to make an Ayn Rand reference. Is it Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead in which she teaches us that women want to be raped?

Seriously though, MRAs, go Galt. You’ll be doing the world a service.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

^ Fountainhead. Although Atlas Shrugged isn’t much better with the What Ladies Like narrative.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I understand this guy, but I think it’s misguided. What’s to be gained by sitting in front of the box all day? Nothing. What I would suggest, instead, is “going Galt” as a temporary measure, while you hone your skills obsessively at whatever you are best at. Then, in a few years, resurface as the new Thomas Pynchon or Beatles frontman and then the bitches will be sorry.

Holly Pervocracy

Not only does The Fountainhead have “women really want to be raped,” (because the will of the individual is all, unless of course that individual is a woman) the main plot of it is “It’s okay to blow up public housing built with other people’s money if they changed your precious design, because your right to absolute narcissism trumps every right every other person has.”

blitzgal

Bye, bye! Make sure to bring an inexhaustible labor force of robots.

mythago

Also, isn’t going Galt permanent? Unless I’m badly misremembering, the Mary Sue Squad didn’t go to Galt’s Gulch to wait for society to mend the error of its ways and write an apology note. They were leaving *forever* and creating their own, new society.

So if Mr. I Hate It When Bitches Pwn Me At Halo was serious about going Galt, he’d be suggesting that the menz all go pick up and move to Sealand or “men’s land” or something and start their own society.

blitzgal

Yes. Also, society crumbles with the loss of Galt’s ingenuity. Of course, Galt’s invention is a magical perpetual motion machine that solves the world’s energy problems. Wake me up when someone in real life actually does this and then I’ll be worried about any of these folks going Galt.

vacuumslayer

Going Galt isn’t something you talk about, it’s something you DO. Just do it already, guys!

mythago

It’s almost as if by going Galt they don’t really mean “abandoning a society I no longer care about,” but stomping off and having a tantrum so that society runs after crying about how sorry it is and won’t you please come back. Not quite Rand’s message, but very five-year-old.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

Going Galt to these people is like an online forum flounce: the whole point is announcing it then never actually going through with it.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

The Xbox will be handling all childcare from now on.

Well hell, I do not even have one!

ozymandias42

I propose Reverse Going Galt. All the garbagemen, housekeepers, food service people, farmers, retail workers, teachers and everyone else who’s been fucked over by this economy goes and lives in the mountains, and then let’s see how long the “job creators” can survive without us.

ozymandias42

(Ozymandias has been reading We Are the 99% on Tumblr and is very class-warfare-ish at the moment.)

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

That’s all very well and good, Oz, but what about the zebras? Should they go Galt, too? If so, what would that look like?

Pecunium

ozy: The “Galtians” are class war types too, they just figure the working class deserves to lose.

blitzgal

But, power to the people! Back in February when we were protesting Walker’s union-busting bill, people from all over the world ordered Ian’s Pizza to feed us. People in Egypt who were demonstrating against Mubarak sent us pizza! It made me feel a tiny piece of how powerful we would be if we stopped allowing these divide and conquer tactics to split us.

zombie rotten mcdonald

Actually, that is Rand’s message also. She just hides it in 20 pages of the worst speeches ever, so very few people ever read it.

Rabbit
Rabbit

The Xbox will be handling all childcare from now on.

Well hell, I do not even have one!

Don’t worry, PS3 will be introducing babysitting capabilities soon. In the meantime, Apple has an app for that.

Orion
Orion

She was originally going to call Atlas Shrugged “The Strike,” so I think there is an element of hoping society will realize they need Galt’s genius and call him back. This might be hampered by the fact that other ubermen are actively trying to destroy society. I think Galt’s radio address might even be a plea for reform, though I don’t remember.

Anyway that whole angle tends to get buried under the apocalyptic atmosphere of the whole book.

hellkell
hellkell

“Ozy, that’s the third reference to that Tumblr I’ve seen today, so I knew I had to check it out. Now I’m going to cry at work.”

We Are the 99% is the most depressing thing I’ve read this week.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Maybe those 99 percent fucks should stop bitching on the Internet. That’s time better spent building skills or looking for a job. No sympathy.

KathleenB
KathleenB

In the meantime, Apple has an app for that.

Is it compatible with sonic screwdrivers, though? Because that’s an emerging market.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

I propose Reverse Going Galt.

We anarchists call that a “General Strike”. 😉

Though considering the timeline between when the concept emerged in communist and anarchist circles versus the publication date of Atlas Shrugged, I’m pretty sure it’s more accurate to say that Going Galt is a Reverse General Strike. 😉

Holly Pervocracy

The most depressing thing about We Are The 99% is how familiar those stories are. They’re not hard-luck cases; they sound more like most of my friends and family.

If anyone in the top 1% wants to Go Galt, I sure as hell hope they don’t let the door hit their ass on the way out. There’s probably someone cleaning toilets right now who’s better qualified for their job anyway.

The annoying thing is that the media acts as though this invalidates the protest, as if the right to peaceably assemble were revoked if your reasons weren’t good enough.

Amused
Amused

I think the demands and goals of OWS are fairly easy to formulate, even if they are only instinctive to most people:

1. End outrageous tax breaks for the rich, starting with “business deductions” for luxuries, travel, food, entertainment, and second (third, fourth, tenth, twenty-fifth) home mortgage interest.

2. Change corporate codes, forcing corporate executives and directors to put their personal wealth on the line, just like in the old days.

3. No bailouts. Let’em fail.

4. Either abolish or radically change Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. There is a reason why Chapter 11 filings go up when the economy is good. Even if we still allow companies to undergo “reorganization” bankruptcies, it should be the rule of thumb that old executives get the boot, without their “golden parachutes”. And that’s just for starters — in cases of gross mismanagement, shareholders and creditors should be able to take all of their money and assets, down to their Georgio Armani underpants.

5. Change the law to give more power to shareholders to go after corporate elites that bleed their companies dry and run them into the ground.

6. Get rid of the special capital gains tax. Revenue from selling assets should be taxed like any other income, at regular income tax rates.

7. Outlaw automatic electronic trading and take other legislative measures to curb stock trading practices that inflate stocks through feverish trading. We should go back to the model where we buy stock because the company is profitable and we like what it makes.

8. Make it illegal for companies to have unpaid “interns” do stuff that they would otherwise have to pay money to people to do.

9. Punish banks for predatory and deceptive lending practices, especially of mortgages. I think in general, the hysteria surrounding the virtues of home-ownership was artificially whipped up primarily to benefit banks, and made the economic collapse inevitable.

10. Limit the ability of people from out of state, and especially from abroad, to buy residential real estate in desirable places, such as beachfronts and cities like New York. Out-of-town second-home buyers displace the native middle class, contribute to urban sprawl, and ultimately ruin local economies. Regulations like that already exist in certain countries, Bermuda and Mexico, for example. It’s time to do it here, too.

11. Undo the travesties that SCOTUS has engaged in in the last several years by amending the Constitution to define what “speech” is within the meaning of the First Amendment — and specifically exclude the giving of money to political candidates. Hell, I don’t think any of the Bill of Rights was ever meant to apply to non-human “persons” anyway — but hey, one step at a time.

The problem is, in our political climate, only the rich can actually communicate those goals and demands. Unless you’ve got publicists and lobbyists working for you, it’s a lost cause.

cynickal
cynickal

(Damnit, I’m still stuck on Bioshock because I have a cluster of 4 slicers, a Big Daddy and a gun emplacement to get around without sufficient ammo or health packs.) 🙁

cynickal
cynickal

Well, that’s if you listen to the MSM.

If you want the truth…

Ray Percival

Holly,

“I know the Occupy Wall Street movement is hopelessly unfocused, lacking in diversity, and doesn’t have super specific demands or goals. But I’m still happy for it, because it means that at least people are pushing back, that someone is taking some action other than going through the “proper channels” so they can be most easily ignored.”

Is possibly the truest thing I’ll read today. Thank you.

darksidecat

I am not sure that this is the best strategy, tax policy wise. I would rather see dollar caps and limitations rather than full elimination of some of these things. Construction workers and other not high income workers who work away from home do sometimes evail themselves of food and travel expenses deductions, for example. By all means, not to the extent that wealthy people do, but lower class people do utilize some of these benefits to some degree.

A better quick tax change would be things like elimination of the gross income exemption to gains (profit) made through sale of primary residence. That little bit of law allows a person to make an untaxed profit of $250,000 every two years by selling their primary residence and getting a new one. And, no, that one’s not a “loophole”, it is explictily written into the Internal Revenue Code.

fishfish

related

Moewicus
Moewicus

Protip: for Going Galt to have an effect, you have to actually do something useful. Guys who whine on the internet about the imagined feminocracy whose preferred method of retreat is a hypothetical game console are not this.

Amused
Amused

Although I understand how food and travel deductions can benefit some members of the working class, I am still leaning in favor of abolishing them altogether. The opportunity for abuse is just too great. Dollar caps work in theory, but in practice, they quickly become obsolete (although with inflation, this would work as a phase-out of the deduction, rather than an outright abolition). Even if the ordinary taxpayer ends up not having a deduction for food and travel — I think with the benefit of not having to subsidize the posh lifestyles of the jetset, it will be a net gain.

Brandon
Brandon

Have fun there ShinShin…don’t forget to pick up Gears of War 3.

Honestly who gives a shit what this dude does.

vacuumslayer

Ooooh, I’m not sure I agree with any of that.

Though I’ll grant you it’s more complex than “I’m butthurt there’s a nigger in the White House.”

^That about sums it up.

Kollege Messerschmitt

@Zombie

well, at least the 1% are amused….

Wow. Just wow. They really don’t get it, do they?
Is this just a joke to them?

ozymandias42

Come on, Kollege, it’s all your fault. If only you’d had the foresight to be born rich, white, upper-middle-class and soulless! I mean, seriously, you should have thought of this shit BEFORE you picked which family you were going to be born to. Duh!

Amused
Amused

Wow. Just wow. They really don’t get it, do they?
Is this just a joke to them?

I think that’s just good old-fashioned taunting. The 99% can protest all they want — we have no power.

I wonder if they had an underpaid secretary make those signs.

Moewicus
Moewicus

I guess if they just watched Rosanne Barr advocate beheading for sufficiently rich people, they might perceive it as a joke. Or the content right below their picture. Guillotines, one big joke, har har.

cynickal
cynickal

Wow. Just wow. They really don’t get it, do they?
Is this just a joke to them?

I know how to make a guillotine out of old pallets and a dumpster lid…

Err… I mean *theoretically*! /whispers, is this ISP secure?

1 2 3 5