kitties off topic video

Hamsters and kittens, oh my!

I’ve had enough of misogynists for today. I thinks it’s time for some tiny adorable animals doing their tiny adorable animal things. First, who needs a Roomba when you’ve got a hamster?

The only way that could have been better is if it were sped up and set to the theme from the Benny Hill show.

And speaking of hamsters, and musical accompaniment, here’s a kitten stuck in a hamster ball, set to “Stuck in the middle with you,” by Stealers Wheel:

Now, when you hear that song, you don’t have to picture some dude getting his ear chopped off.

Spearhafoc

Speaking of cats, here‘s a cat who wandered into our house last week, seeking shelter from the rain. We’ve decided to take her in.

I call her Crafty, which is short for Lovecraft. She’s a wonderful cat, but she goes insane for about half an hour every night.

Dracula

Cats are the best thing there is. Also, Crafty is adorable.

Holly Pervocracy

Awww. I want to give Crafty big hugs.

Also, I’m having sympathy claustrophobia for that kitten. If the video had ended before it got out, I would have felt cramped all night.

Dracula

Lately, my cat’s been spending hours on end hiding in a tiny little cabinet/cubbyhole thing. I think she feels safe in there.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I love the hamster.

Crafty is beautiful! I hope you will have many happy years together.

David K. Meller

I LUV pretty kitties, but it is good to see that you are expanding your repertoire of “cute”. Hamsters are a nice addition, as would be guinea pigs. There are puppies who are adorable too(and often cleverer than kitties), and bunny rabbits can be quite lovely! More adorables of all sorts, not only pretty kitties, please!

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

David K. Meller

Reminds me of Laurel and Hardy, when Oliver is always saying to Stanley–as per black and white kitty, saying to tawny kitty caught in hamsterball–‘that’s another fine mess you got yourself into, isn’t it”?

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I love how the hamster is so fluffy you can barely see the tiny legs. It makes me want to pick it up and cuddle it.

Ham pouches four carrots and more!

Dracula

I like that Smoke rejected the empty shell. Clearly, hamsters are nobody’s fools.

I’m bored! Someone else needs to be on late at night to entertain me.

VoiP
VoiP

Your ideas about women may be hateful, but we can all come together over cute things. :3

EVERYONE: Have you’all seen theittybittykittycommittee.com? It’s a woman who happens to be a decent amateur photographer, fostering kittens for the Seattle Humane Society and taking pictures of them as she goes. She gives them little names and everything, it is the sweetest thing. She raises a lot of money for the humane society in her area, too.

VoiP
VoiP

…bunny rabbits can be quite lovely! …

DKM, have you ever heard of rabbit obstacle course running? I think Germans and Dutch are into it; it’s…adorable.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You want cute, huh? How about big cats acting like little kitties?

This video inspired me to buy a tiny pumpkin for my cat. Sadly, thus far she seems unimpressed.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Here’s our Kamikaze (aka Crazypants, aka HellBeast) on my incredibly messy desk. She’s a Mau mix – she’s not showing off her spots here.
comment image

KathleenB
KathleenB

bunny rabbits can be quite lovely!

A friend recently adopted a couple of… I think they’re called Rex? Anyway, they only have an undercoat, and their fur is like incredibly plush velvet. And evidently very sweet.

Dracula

I’m not entirely sure it’s appropriate for me to bring this up here and I don’t wanna bring anyone down or anything, but since I mentioned my cat earlier I kind of feel I should tell you that I brought her to the vet this morning, and it turns out she’s actually very sick. I don’t think she’s going to make it.

VoiP
VoiP

My sympathies are with you, Dracula. I’m very sorry.

Thank you.

Pam
Pam

Aw, so sorry to hear that, Dracula. It’s such a heart-wrenching experience to suffer the loss (or presumed impending loss) of a beloved pet. :’-(

KathleenB
KathleenB

Dracula: I’m so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is wrenching. Sending good thoughts your way!

hellkell
hellkell

I’m sorry, Dracula.

Dracula

Seriously, thank you all so much for your kindness. And my kitty thanks you too. 🙂

Nova
Nova

Oh Dracula. I’m so sorry. My kitties are I are sending good, healing thoughts and we hope she pulls through.

Kollege Messerschmitt

I’m very sorry, Dracula ):

Snowy
Snowy

Oh no Dracula that’s so awful. I know everyone already said this but yeah, I’ll be thinking of you two and so will my cat.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, Dracula, I’m so sorry. I nursed my cat through 3 years of renal failure only to lose him to cancer in the end. It’s really hard.

cynickal
cynickal

Dracula, I had to put my Boo-Boo kitty down thos weekend.
I know how painful it can be.
[Virtual hug]

Dracula

I’m very sorry to hear that, cynickal. *hugs back*

You all are some very nice folks.

CassandraSays–September 4,2011@3:06am

She may not know what a little pumpkin is. Maybe if she saw YOU play with the little pumpkin, perhaps along with a familiar kitty toy, she would get the idea, and join you.

Happy “kittening” and have fun (the two of you!)

PEACE AND FREEDOM !!
David K Meller

KathleenB-October4,2011@3:17 am

Bunny rabbits are not as interactive with people as are kittens or puppies, but for “pettability”, you’re right! Their fur IS like soft plush velvet, and they are very sweet.

Have fun petting,caressing, and cuddling their soft plush velvety fur! It is VERY relaxing and soothing, and they will find ways of recognising you and responding to your petting!

Magpie

Guinea Pig lovers – my friend let me cuddle and pat her new guinea pig. (so soft and silky!) It sat quietly in my lap, and after a while it started whistling. Did that mean it was happy or scared or wanted to go back to bed or what?

I could have patted that little pig all day 🙂

Holly Pervocracy

I have piggies and they are awesome!

Usually suddenly starting to whistle while being held means “potty emergency approaching,” so it’s a very very good idea to put them down then. 🙂

Magpie

Thanks Holly, that’s really handy to know, cause I intend to hold the little darling as often as I can. Never had piggies myself, so I’m only just discovering how squee they are. Pretty colours, long soft fur, bright eyes, little wriggly nose. 🙂

Voip-October 4,2011@ 2:19am

You’re right! Those bunny jumpers are adorable, but I would be concerned about their safety! I would NOT want any of the little fellers hurt while “showing off”.

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

VoiP
VoiP

That’s definitely a concern, but I’m not too worried. The rabbits don’t appear reluctant, as one might expect if they were in pain, their trainers look quite solicitous of them, and traditionally the Northern European countries have been very good on animal welfare issues.

Kollege Messerschmitt

I agree! They do seem cautious. I am a bit worried about that one guy with the short leash, though. Seems like he had a hard time keeping up with his bunny ;p

VoiP
VoiP

They do seem cautious.

They’re thinking, planning their jumps.

You’ve got to keep your Human on a short leash.