disgusting women I'm totally being sarcastic misogyny MRA reddit sex vaginas

Women in combat: Who put sand in your vaginas?

Good soldier? Not with that vagina she ain't!

MRAs often complain bitterly that men have to register for the draft and women don’t. Ironically, many MRAs – sometimes the very same people – also think that women shouldn’t be allowed in the armed forces at all, or at the very least should be barred from direct combat.

One MRA who’s staunchly against women in combat is a Redditor calling himself Demonspawn. In a recent comment he sets forth “four huge reasons” why. The first is a doozy:

The vagina. You can’t keep it clean in battlefield conditions. Military regulations state that women on extended training exercises must have access to garrison or equivalent facilities for hygiene at least once every X number of days (usually 7). Why? Because otherwise you run a very high risk of a vaginal infection and can die from it. Those facilities cannot be guaranteed on the battlefield and therefore it is an even greater risk to women’s lives to use them as battlefield troops.

I’m surprised he forgot to mention the chronic problem of centipedes in the vagina.

The rest of his reasons are equally stupid, if not quite as amusing. Number two:

Public Relations. … Have you not read the articles when women soldiers die and it’s a big deal, while more dead male soldiers is just business as usual? Public support for war cannot be sustained in the face of massive female soldier casualties.

And three:

Men get themselves killed overprotecting women. This is the #1 reason Israel deintegrated their troops.

Yeah, it’s a terrible thing when soldiers try to protect one another.

His final reason returns us once again to the whole vagina thing:

Women tend to “get pregnant” when leaving for overseas trips… That destroys unit cohesion. Research the “pregnant navy” syndrome. One ship had over 40% of it’s female sailors suddenly become pregnant before an overseas trip.

I did a Google search for “pregnant navy.” In 2007, according to one article I found, roughly 11 percent of female soldiers had to be shifted to shore because they were pregnant; it’s usually less than that.

Women: trouble when their vaginas are infected, trouble when they’re clean. Why do we even let them leave the house?

Thanks to MuForceShoelace for posting the link to Demonspawn’s comment on the AgainstMensRights subreddit.

EDIT: I misread an article I originally cited about female crew members on a supply ship getting pregnant during the Gulf war. The percentage who got pregnant was 10%, not more than half. (In my defense, the article was badly worded.) I’ve removed the erroneous material.

Eneya

Fact checking, he is doing it wrong.

OK, let me summarise: last dude – complained about how women stayed at home, while men fought plagues, robbers and shit (seriously… fought plagues… was that like, a dual combat or something?) and women stayed at home, by the fireplace, (possibly dying of hunger and NOT reading a book, because literacy wasn’t meant for women by that time)… and now THIS one is complaining that women want to fight and protect their land and families along men instead of staying at home, by the fireplace WITH a book this time?

I am sorry… is there anyway in which we are not guilty because we are women?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

No one impregnated those female soldiers, they just get pregnant. It’s a little know fact that female soldiers have discovered how to make parthenogenesis work in humans.

Also what is it with sexist dudes and the idea that the vagina is a pit of dirt and disease? Fun fact, guys – you only need to wash the outside bits. And you should be doing that with your bits on a regular basis too.

Quackers
Quackers

Eneya,

There’s no winning with these guys. They wont be happy unless women disappear or become the legal slaves of men. And even then they’d probably find ways to blame women for something.That’s why it’s best to just kick back and laugh at them 😛

About pregnancy:

My main question is, what percent of the crew was female? I’m guessing it was pretty low–say, 10%–in which case, assuming the majority of the crew was straight, every woman is likely to have a lot of guys interested in her, and so a pretty high chance of hooking up (and let’s not even get into military rape). If the gender ratio were 50/50, the pregnancy rates among female service members would be much lower.

Of course in any case it’s nothing birth control couldn’t deal with.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Um… what am I supposed to be doing with my vagina to keep from getting infected? Besides the stuff guys have to do to keep their nethers from same? Because I have never heard of this and probably should have died from a vagina infection years ago.

Holly Pervocracy

His second point seems to imply that he approves of viewing men as disposable, and thinks it shouldn’t be a big deal when they die.

As always, being against women doesn’t actually translate into doing men any favors.

(Also, the vajeeter is self-cleaning and infections in a healthy young women are extremely unlikely to have any consequences other than “feeling yucky.” Maybe infertility if it goes on a really long time untreated or you have terrible luck. It’s about as likely to kill you as, say, a wicked case of jock itch.)

Eneya

What I find most hilarious is those people have little to no comprehension of stuff like “facts”, “consistency”, “logic” but on the same time, they are the people who are saying women are illogical. If women are illogical… than what exactly are they? Plants?

Also… Vagina Dirtata is changing the usual Vagina Dentata horror story.
Poor guys.

This is why full sex education should be mandatory for all kids past 1st grade. Detailed education. Including cleaning, supporting and so on…

Valerie
Valerie

I’m going to do a quick translation for these fella’s. Seems they have problems communicating exactly what they mean. Here it goes:

1. Dirty vaginas are bad and it reminds me that the world isn’t perfect and that I’m mortal and that scares the hell outta me.

2. Dead women means that I can’t fuck them.

3. I don’t want women holding guns or possibly getting metals for dying because I’m a glory hog.

4. Women getting pregnant pisses me off because they are getting attention and I’m not and plus they aren’t having my baby, so they are whores!

Ok, i think that sums it up.

Quackers- You’re right, there’s nothing to do but laugh at these poor guys. Engaging a conversation with them is a dead end. I love reading everyone else’s responses though. That’s why I come here, I need to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

captainbathrobe

He says that like it’s a bad thing.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

OK, so, trying to follow the pretzel logic here. It’s unfair that women aren’t required to register for the draft, but you don’t think women should be allowed in combat. The logical solution here would be to eliminate the draft, right? Then men aren’t required to go into combat, so now it’s fair, and it will probably lead to less women in combat than if there was a draft that included women.

But wait! You’re actually in favor of war. So…we’re back to that thing about women being drafted so that they can be whores for the troops, aren’t we?

That’s legalized rape, folks, and the international community is still rather angry with Japan for doing it during WW2. (I know you guys don’t like history books, so google the phrase “comfort women” for an idiot’s guide.)

chocomintlipwax

Okay, the vagina thing is just weird.

(Don’t ask why) I’ve had to educate a lot of guys who think that the vagina is just this dry pit of death unless a woman is sexually aroused. Look, guys, it’s a “self-cleaning” thing. Like your oven. Generally speaking, the vagina is taking care of itself.

Now, you can get yeast infections if it gets too swampy down there, like when you wear synthetic fabrics and such. But (TMI ALERT) I once had a yeasty for TWO WHOLE YEARS and didn’t die of it. It itched like nutterbutters, but I didn’t die. (I was young and in denial and didn’t want to go see a gynecologist.)

I mean, yes, it’s going to get stinky after a while, like most sweaty private parts will, and the whole “self-cleaning” thing does make you prone to a bit more stinkiness from discharge. And then there are periods … but goodness. You can go more than 10 days without bathing without your vagina falling off. I know, because I’ve definitely done it.

These guys need to stop seeing vaginas as these mysterious, scary caves of doom and just, you know, pick up a biology textbook or something.

chocomintlipwax

Okay, I probably just gave them too much credit in assuming that they:

A. own ovens
B. know how to use ovens

Also, ovens (like vaginas) are so girly that if you touch them, your cock will fall off. At least, I think that’s why my brother has never used one in his entire life …

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Also, what if America ever goes to war with one of those horrible egalitarian northern European countries? Do we really want to expose our brave young men to the Swedes and their horrible man-persecuting ways? Obviously we should send women instead.

Valerie
Valerie

And also men should be barred from combat because they have feet, they could get jungle rot. Which is worse, not being able to walk or having a not so fresh feeling?

NellaLou

How is it then that women can go on long expeditions in mountains, go into space, swim across large bodies of water for days, sail across the ocean, live on homesteads in the Old West, live at archeological digs for weeks, study primates in the jungle for years or even go camping without there being huge numbers of vag-causalties? Oh yes Lara Croft has a digital vagina.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Also, all the women who have ever lived in conditions where they didn’t bathe for more than 10 days at a time? They all died of a dirty vagina. We know this because there are no women from the Dark Ages still alive. If only they’d washed their vaginas more often, those women would still be with us.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

This is also why Burning Man only lasts a week. If it lasted for 2 weeks all female attendees would come down with a terminal case of Vagina Rot.

Arielle Shander

MRA marmoset says it best: http://memegenerator.net/instance/10348920

VoiP

Okay, the vagina thing is just weird.

I think it’s because they think of the vagina as a receptacle for the male sex act and as such essentially passive. Remember how Rush Limbaugh (I think) said women can’t go into combat because water or mud would enter the vagina? If it’s not up to a woman’s choice/level of arousal/enthusiastic consent, then anything can get in there. And “too much sex,” after all, will ‘wear out” this receptacle, which exists to be used. Not to mention that if this receptacle has large labia, it means it’s been “worn out,” so labiaplasty is now A Thing in the US.

Snowy
Snowy

I think you are all overlooking a very important point here. What about the BEARS?

havebookswilltravel

Alpha Bears?

johnnykaje

I thought it was Newt Gingrich who said that women would get mud in their vags.

Graham
Graham

Aren’t Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh practically the same person?

Brandon
Brandon

Why don’t we just let women go on the frontlines, join submarine crews and go through special forces training and see what happens.

johnnykaje

Touché.

johnnykaje

That touché was for Graham.

Moewicus
Moewicus

Sounds good to me, Brandon.

Valerie
Valerie

Yeah, I think you’re right, I think it was Newt, but I’ll bet you a pair of Startrek pajamas that he’s watched female mud wrestling and enjoyed it. He’s soooo complicated, just like those super models in Vogue. They way they never smile and have deep thoughts, like Jack Handy.
Having a dirty vagina might help with bear fighting. I have no scientific proof though. The smell might just keep them away so you don’t have to fight them.

Ymata
Ymata

Australia has recently opened up front line positions to women 🙂 yay.

Graham
Graham

Yay for Jack Handy. “I’d rather be rich than stupid.”

Moewicus
Moewicus

The point about the IDF is also funny. Over the course of the thread, Demonspawn goes from claiming that Israel de-integrated their forces to saying “Looks like women are not allowed in all combat operations. Thank you for proving my own point.” Emphasis mine. Hurray for goalpost moving, also known as that thing creationists love to do. In the meantime:

VoiP

Why don’t we just let women go on the frontlines
Like the IDF, Australia

join submarine crews…
Like Australia, Norway

…and see what happens
Because if anything is Israel’s problem, it’s that their military is too weak.

magdelyn

David – you believe an eleven percent attrition rate is insignificant?

VoiP

Oh, Brandon: don’t forget the USSR, which beat the Nazis with an integrated army. Wasn’t the Viet Cong also integrated? So far, integrated armies have a fantastic track record.

Looks like your question’s been answered.

magdelyn

Personally, I think everyone, rich poor women men white black jewish should be on the frontlines.

darksidecat

The protection thing is interesting, considering that Sparta used to encourage their soldiers to be lovers to encourage just that (as well as wanting to avoid looking like a coward/asshead in front of your lover).

Brandon
Brandon

@Voip: What question? I clearly made a statement that I support women doing the above jobs.

nedbeaumontjr

What about the BEARS?

You rang?

Sorry I’m late…I was sitting around with the Mrs. discussing how we can afford a vagina replacement for her.

This one:

What happens is that Nazis get their asses handed to them.

VoiP

And I’m sorry; I interpreted your statement as sarcasm, that you didn’t think women should be in combat. My mistake.

He says that like it’s a bad thing.

I was going to say this exact thing. No public support for war, whatever shall we do?

OSHIII
OSHIII

Dirty vaginas will kill our soldiers! Somehow! We’re still working on the details!

Yeah, because after a few weeks in a foxhole, a man’s junk is going to smell like a rose garden. Especially if he’s uncut.

Brandon
Brandon

@Voip: Nazi Germany didn’t just collapse because of the USSR’s effort. American, British and the French resistance played a large part to the collapse of the Nazi regime.

Also, the Red Army had only a few aviation regiments and a few woman sniper detachments. I am talking about if there are 100,000 infantry soldiers…you swap 50,000 of them for women,…then see what happens. Then we can compare apples to apples.

Holly Pervocracy

Okay! Sounds good! Let’s do it!

Sorry if I forgot to take my inferiority as a foregone conclusion.

Shora

Brandon; I think assuming the women go through the same training and have the same requirements to pass training as the men, you won’t see too much of a difference.

Brandon
Brandon

@Shora: Well that’s a completely different argument. Women don’t go through the same training requirements than men go through.

Shora

Well then, they should. It’s the only thing that would make sense.

VoiP

I’m sorry, but this is incorrect. Although the number of women in the Red Army during the Second World War did not approach 1/2 (except among army doctors, 43% of which were women), they still fought in sizable numbers in mixed-gender outfits. I don’t have exact figures myself, but Wikipedia says there were 500,000 of them by the end of the war.