antifeminism creepy false accusations men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA racism rape reddit that's not funny! threats transphobia violence against men/women

New Men’s Rights subreddit moderator thinks violence against women is just hilarious

Recently Kloo2yoo, the founder and longtime moderator of Reddit’s Men’s Rights subreddit, stepped down. The remaining moderator, IgnatiusLoyola, has just announced his successor, a long-time commenter in the subreddit who calls himself AnnArchist. (Despite the female-sounding name, he’s a guy.)

This is an, er, interesting choice, as AnnArchist is a misogynist asshole who thinks that violence against women is hilarious. Indeed, he’s posted in the BeatingWomen subreddit, a thoroughly vile little forum devoted to posting pictures and videos of women being violently assaulted. He says he enjoys this particular subreddit because “I have a sense of humor so I can laugh at it.” Here’s one recent post of his, and another. I don’t know exactly what was in either video, since they’ve both been removed my YouTube, the first for violating the site’s rules against hate speech, the second for its “shocking and disgusting content.”  If you look through the comments on these submissions, you may also note that the r/beatingwomen regulars, in addition to being misogynist assholes, are also racist as fuck.

“Welcome AnnArchist,”  the_real_misogynist wrote in response to one of these postings, “with posts like that you’ll fit right in here.”

Needless to say, AnnArchist doesn’t find violence by women against men quite so risible.

AnnArchist has also advocated murder (many, many, many times), endorsed  vigilantism against a specific young woman, and suggested that false rape accusers should be stoned and/or jailed with the word “liar” tattooed on their faces.

He refers to women as “whores” and “cum dumpsters.” He’s boasted about “persuading” girls to have sex with him after they’ve said “no.” (Meanwhile, he’s said that if he woke up next to a trans woman after being drunkenly “tricked” into sex he would violently assault her.)

Oh, and there’s this bit of wisdom:

If you hyphenate your child’s last name, well its just pathetic. It means the mother was an uncompromising shrew.

I’m sure there are many other vile comments in AnnArchist’s past; these are simply the ones I uncovered with a couple of Reddit searches and by going through his most controversial comments. Indeed, as he himself acknowledges, “there is no limit to the amount of screwed up shit that I’ve posted.”

So why exactly was he picked as a moderator? Is he truly the best that r/mensrights can offer?

Apparently a lot of the r/mensrights regulars think so; most of those who’ve commented so far have praised IgnatiusLoyola’s choice, and have dismissed the critics as “trolls.” (EDITED TO ADD:  The tide seems to have turned; there are now more comments up critical of AnnArchist’s promotion to mod, and posts defending Iggy’s decision aee getting some downvotes.)

EDITED TO ADD: Just wanted to highlight one of his comments on the false accuser he was targeting:

I hope she was harassed. Fuck I hope her house was firebombed. Lets be clear, I really will applaud anyone who does anything to her, be it slash her tires or slash her throat.

Here’s the full quote in context. (EDIT: AnnArchist has edited this comment to remove the violent bits. Luckily, someone got a screenshot.)

And here is a comment of his on a specific female judge:

I hope someone kills her.

Pam
Pam

He lives in the troposphere.

Where he can trope the light fantastic ’round the questions he doesn’t want to answer.

kilo
kilo

Bostonian,

just to make it explicit, I’m not aware of Miguel calling himself an MRA, and I’m not aware of self-identified MRAs labeling him as one. Some feminists seem to place him in that group, and the topics he covers bear some resemblance to some topics covered by MRAs.

I think that many people sympathetic to men’s issues find the MRM to be a poisoned well, even if individual points they raise might merit attention once in while. It’s a shame that that movement is so overrun by idiots.

cynickal
cynickal

Manboobz is involved in a sort of group think. That’s why you all use almost identical arguments that hinge on the same thing, attaching a misandrist trope to the mens movement and every single person in it.

I got into a fight once… That was just my misandarist trope, though.
Because FEMINISM!

Kilo,

You have been very clear, thank you. I do appreciate that. I also agree with your assessment of much of the MRM, and I also think it is unfortunate that it is like that right now.

Catalogue

Pec

You have never engaged with me honestly, its debatable whether any of the regulars here will engage someone that advocates for men’s rights honestly, as far as you are concerned they are all rapists and abusers and none of you seem to mind lying and making false allegations about rape and abuse, about me or any other mra.

The blog idea itself, is based in an collection of obvious lies and sexist double standards.

eg. misogny is reprehensible, misandry is ok. The men’s movement is defined in its entirety by various misnadrist tropes, while feminism which has far more skeletons in the close is not defined by these people, actions, events and policies. The mens movement is an abusers lobby even though there is no evidence of it and feminism openly acts as an abusers lobby….

Looking at this OP, David denies a man the right to be victimised by rape, few of the links seem to go where they claim to … the comments section is filled with people telling lies and making false allegations about people.

And look at the previous thread I commented on…

Connecting Palmer to the mrm, Google shows the only connection is manboobz.

Defining all mens rights people by a statistically irrelevant minority and taking others out of context

Claiming misogyny is reprehensible while giving misandry a free pass..

Claiming the men’s movement is inciting violence, when several anti violence messages have been made on mens movement radio while feminism has a history of violence and violent threats.

Claiming that the men’s movement want to hurt women and lobbies for abusers, when feminism demonstrably lobbies for family murderers and hides female abusers and erases male victims with convoluted studies and propaganda as policy

Claiming that the men’s movement and terrorism and violence are connected while providing no evidence, while there are numerous demonstrable links to feminism and organised terrorism and violence, from the suffragettes to more recently the feminists that co-opted the egalitarianism domestic violence movement to US funded terrorists groups in South American and one in the mid-east and one that’s funded by Feminist Majority.

It was predicted here a long time ago that you would become what you study and it was true, you are contributing in the same way that the deluded misogynists in the Spearhead comments section do, festering and spewing toxins into the debate.

The manboobz peeps, the MGTOW extremist and the spearhead extremists are all part of the same group, debating at the same level, just on different sides of the coin.

And its funny to point that out.

Bostonian

None of the above assertions is substantiated in any way at all.
Catalog is an utter idiot who thinks everyone is as stupid as he is.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

one in the mid-east and one that’s funded by Feminist Majority.

Now that’s a complete lie. Prove it or STFU. And, remember, I follow links.

KathleenB

So post some of these vaunted fucking links between feminism and terrorism. Unless, of course, you’re full of shit and your ‘evidence’ consists of you telling us (over and over and fucking OVER) that we’re horrible terrorists without any actual evidence.

felixBC
felixBC

Ok, Catalogue, the question is still out there. I’ll rephrase it:

A major MRA community has a new moderator who laughs at “beating women,” who calls for the death of judges and cops, and who collects dead body pictures.

Do you, personally:

A) Approve
B) Disapprove

Care to step up to the plate? Here’s your chance to be on the record.

I’ll say it: I’m a feminist, and I disapprove of this moderator’s appointment.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Apparently, Feminist Majority once sponsored a rally for Afghan women, and one of their co-sponsors was a group that may have links to the MEK. So, yeah, that’s exactly the same as bankrolling their whole terrorist organization. (Rolls eyes) And we, by extension, are all terrorists.

cynickal
cynickal

Ok, I think I have my MRA tropes fauna sorted out.

TROPES AND FALLACIES!
Cynickal

Lauralot

Also, vandalism and terrorism are exactly the same thing.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

And its funny to point that out.

It’s especially funny because Welmer is the one who has been pushing the Feminist Majority-MEK connection.

KathleenB

Captain: Ah, so feminism supports terrorism the same way David approves of a SlutWalker raping their attacker. Okay, that makes much more sense now.

Rutee Katreya

Ooo, fallacy of the golden mean and false equivalence. Nice job, those are new. Never seen that combination before.

Fatman
Fatman

Catalogue, you appear to be condemning feminism for allegedly advocating abuse. Would I be correct to infer from this that you would oppose the appointment of AnnArchist if he was pro abuse?

Wisteria
Wisteria

Catalogue is wrong about those Shakesville links. I just looked at them and there are no excuses for female-on-male rape in any of them, nor are there any claims that only male-on-female rape occurs.

First link, a post about the Roman Catholic Church covering up abuse of children, both boys and girls.

Second link, a post about rape in the USA military, citing a story about male-on-male rape. It does include some info about how many women in the military have been raped, too, but it explicitly talks about male-on-male rape and how male rape victims get trashed in the same way female victims do.

Third link, a post about a 13-year-old boy raped by his 26-year-old female teacher and how her lawyer trashed the boy as not really being 13, but at least 16 (even suggesting a fake birth certificate).

Fourth link, a post about Tyler Perry talking about being molested by two people, a man and a woman, when he was a child. The rape by the man is referred to by CNN as being molested, while the rape of him by the woman is referred to by CNN as being seduced. The poster writes: “Ten-year-olds cannot be “seduced.” It’s no coincidence that the assault in which the victim was male and the perpetrator female is being misrepresented as a “seduction,” while the other two are being correctly represented as “molestation.””

I don’t want to add to the ‘pile-on’ of Catalogue, but his comments about the Shakesville links are so unfair, I have to correct him.

Bostonian

Manboobz regulars. We read the links we post, and read the ones others post.

convoluted studies

You keep talking about these studies, Catalog, but you’ve never shown them to us. You made these claims, now you get to support them. (yes, I am too much of a lazy bitch to do the research you should to to support your claims.)

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

It’s not a pile-on if you have something substantive to add, Wisteria (which you did). Catalogue is wrong in so many egregious ways that we all need to work together to correct him.

It takes a village, after all.

Bostonian

Exactly Captain Bathrobe! It takes the Village People to raise a child.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

That would be a fun household to grow up in! 🙂

Bostonian

I had to take the opportunity to use my silly old joke.

Pecunium

Kitty*- Pec

Stuff and nonsense, and projection; the first two stemming from the last. Anyone who defends any aspect of feminism/critiques any aspect of MRA you call a denialist/misandrist.

I don’t think all MRAs are rapists. I don’t even think all of them are rape aplogists (MRAL, for one, doesn’t seem to be either of those; though I suspect he doesn’t make enough of a distinction on consent to share my definition of rape, but that’s different, and something, within reason, people of honest good will can differ, but I digress).

You do think anyone who disagrees with you is lying.

It’s a fundamental difference,and why you never get anywhere; since you will not accept that you may be wrong, you can never accept that anyone else may be right. This makes you incapable of actually examining the data; because your idea is that no one who disagrees with the World According to Catalogue can be doing so honestly.

But please, show us the links to your claims.

Be prepared to defend them.

*You don’t know me; we aren’t friends, if you want to mangle my name; in some attempt to amuse yourself, feel free. If you want to pretend to being my familiar, don’t.

Pecunium

Kathleen: You are not wrong to ask for the studies someone is using. Otherwise you will find the wrong studies (or they will claim you have found the wrong studies).

Is it the advocates job to defend the case presented.

KathleenB

Pecunium: I was mostly being sarcastic – I seem to recall asking… NWO (?) for cites backing up something or another and he pretty much called me a lazy bitch for not doing it myself. Eh, it might not even have been here, now that I think about it, but the fact that people think that asking them to back up their claims is some kind of oppression… really annoys the shit out of me.

KathleenB

And what really annoys the fuck out of me is that when I’m debating with someone, and I got out, do my research, back up my claims, and the person I’m talking to either a) doesn’t bother to read them or b) dismisses them with ‘you’re cherry picking data that agrees with you.’ Grrrrrr…

Pecunium

Kathleen: I recall NWO doing that. It’s a common trope among those who haven’t actually got the studies/data ready to hand. They recall seeing something, sometime, somewhere, which they are certain will demolish all comers.

But they don’t remember where, or what, or when, exactly so they refer to it.

When pressed… you are supposed to find it.

KathleenB

I do that, too – half-remember something, write about it, then go looking for a cite. But when I’m wrong, I admit it. And usually offer thanks for the correction.

VoiP
VoiP

Here is a challenge, someone from manboobz form an argument that doesn’t involve, lies slander or a misandrist trope?

Catalogue, do you remember where I denounced violence committed by members of my own religion? I’m willing to say that murder, racism, and exclusion are wrong, that they are shameful things, that they betray our better ideals, and that every time we find people who were supposed to agree with us doing such things we need to root them out, and that even if nobody else will then I guess it’ll just be me on my own, posting on the Internet.

I went first. Now I’m calling on you to say the same, not because I believe all men are inherently violent (that would be sexism against men, as well as lies and slander), but because I don’t.

If MRAs are for a more equal world, the resolve not to abuse those who are physically weaker, or to tolerate those who do, needs to be part of that. If MRAs are against negative portrayals of men, then you need to show the world that guys are just. The misandry in this thread is coming out of your mouth, and out of the mouths of the men who condone violence because they think hurting the weak is “manly.”

captainbathrobe

Dave, what’s especially pathetic is that yours was the only comment on his blog, and he had to call you a rape supporter to get it. The biggest distortion about Catalogue is his exaggerated sense of self importance.

captainbathrobe

I was thinking Eoghan, too, but I thought you’d have long since called him out by now. Oh well. The constant refrain of “you lie!” should have been a dead giveaway.

Wormtongue strikes again!

Pecunium

So… Eoghan just can’t get his ass handed to him often enough.

I was right, he wasn’t here for the debate.

felixBC
felixBC

Hunh, he seemed too stupid to be Eoghan.* But repetitive, so there’s that.

*not setting bar high here.

Trollin' MRAs
Trollin' MRAs

Catalogue is postin’ about tropes. I think it’s time we had some MRA tropes!

MRA Trope #650A
“TL;DR wall of text means I’m smart!”

(No no, honey, it just gives you a longer rope to hang yourself with)

MRA Trope #274
“Misogyny is forbidden here but Misandry’s ok!”

(Wrong again. A tastless joke I made about a penis here was deleted by Dave. And don’t try to say I’m a typical poster here, I only post occasionally, trollin ur shitty ‘inactivism’)

MRA Trope #42
“I will NEVER EVER answer your simple question because it would reveal the truth about my bigoted movement!”
(Do you think AnnArchist should represent the MRA by being in charge of one of your biggest treehouses? Well? Do you also think beating women is Heelarious?)

Ami Angelwings

I forgot to tell ppl that Eoghan and Catalogue were the same person >_> I figured it out one night when they put up the same comment on Reddit that they had elsewhere, but I was tired and must’ve forgotten to say something xD

As for the OP:

Oh good >_>

kristinmh
kristinmh

It didn’t even occur to me! I never interacted with Eoghan that I can recall, and now I never will (as I assume that now that Catalogue has been unmasked, he will be banned).

Amazing the lengths he went to to avoid answering a question.

Things Are Bad

I didn’t actually read much here other than the latest comments, which I see mentioned Eoghan. I do truly hope that Eoghan is who you say he is, for that would mean that he has, at least to a point, realized that feminists are scum and that there is no middle ground, that in fact, MRAs are the only genuine egalitarians.

jumbofish
jumbofish

So wait, you only read a couple of comments but you magically know what Eoghan said.

MRAs are the only genuine egalitarians.

What about humanists? 😀

Oh you might want to pull back the egalitarian statement. I don’t see mras fighting for QUILTBAG, poc, religious minorities, atheists, poor people, or really any minority and/or oppressed group.

jumbofish
jumbofish

I mean there is nothing wrong with being focused on one or several issue(s) but your egalitarian statement is just wrong…not that you care I’m sure.

Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel
Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel

I forgot to tell ppl that Eoghan and Catalogue were the same person

It is soooo tempting to have a policy like this on Manboobz:

But I agree with this comment about why that would ultimately be a bad idea:

There, I agree with someone on r/MensRights. But how can I because of lying feminist TVtropes argh blargh? I leave the answer to that as an exercise for the reader.

Seraph
Seraph

@ TAB: “Realized”? Are you sure you’re thinking of the right guy? Eoghan has never believed anything else.

Bostonian

I still say TAB should post a picture to convince us of his absolute rightness.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan
Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel
Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel

Why would I punish you Steve, when it’s you who released me from a Tab-free prison of my own design, and led me to the discovery of my new favorite beverage… TAB?

makomk
makomk

Bostonian: most of the interesting bits of feminism don’t seem to be documented. For example apparently there was a lovely incident a few years ago in London where a bunch of masked feminists smashed their way into a lesbian nightclub called Chain Reaction, wrecked the place, and beat up any women there that didn’t run away fast enough. The reason they did this was because those lesbians were having sex in the wrong way and dressing in the wrong way. It seems to be pretty much common knowledge in the relevant communities, passed on by word of mouth – but I can’t find it actually reported anywhere except passing references on semi-obscure web pages about something else. (Given the circumstances, the attack was at the very least inspired by some really big names in UK feminism, if not actually carried out by them.)

makomk
makomk

It may not be worth pointing all of this out now, and some of the stuff would require digging out old links, but I know off-hand responses to a fair proportion of the arguments in this thread.

Linds: Your example of a reasonable site doesn’t work by the way. I actually got banned from Shakesville’s comments section partly for calling out an otherwise entirely unchallenged comment that argued that if a man cheats on his wife, it’s perfectly OK for said wife to beat him into unconciousness with a weapon, and that he’s the one actually committing domestic violence by cheating. (Mainly it was for posting a comment in support of a certain well-known trans activist over Melissa’s questionable attitude to trans issues, but the comment definitely contributed, and the moderators very clearly objected to me calling out the attempt to justify domestic violence whilst allowing the original comment justifying domestic violence to pass unchallenged.)

There are no major feminist sites that don’t try and justify and normalize violence against men. (There are also none that don’t have major transphobia issues; fortunately for them blogs like Manboobz apply a different standard to feminists than to MRAs.)

“I also found a quote by Electocutee: “I see it as a place of dark humor, kind of cathartic for those oppressed masses of men who have been treated unjustly by women and society. Naturally, we wouldn’t want to act out that agression, but the reaction of non-members is priceless to me.” from responses to beating women reddit. I think I am also losing my faith in humanity.”

Congratulations, thebionicmommy, have some discussion from the Feministing comments. Highly effective in removing any remaining faith in humanity. (There’s actually more where that came from, but I don’t follow feminism much these days and misplaced the links.)

“Show us where feminists say that men who are raped were asking for it because they teased or dressed “slutty.” Show, don’t tell.”
They don’t. They say – just like society says – that men who are raped were asking for it by existing whilst male, that anyone talking about men who have been raped is attacking female rape victims by comparing their fake suffering to the real suffering of women, and so on and so forth. (There’s a reason http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2010/02/24/but-women-dont-rape/ has a trigger warning for the comments – search for some of Olo’s comments for example – and that’s actually the best discussion of men who are rape victims I’ve seen in the feminist blogosphere in a long while.)

Holly: can you point me to an anti-violence feminist site, one that’s against violence not just when it’s committed and advocated by its enemies but also when it’s by feminists? All the examples pointed out so far are groups that feminists already dislike for reasons related to women’s rights. Any sites that are not just against men being raped in principle, but think action should be taken to help and support male rape victims, even if they don’t consider it a priority to do so themselves? How about an anti-transphobia one that actually calls out transphobia within feminism, not just outside it?

Pecunium

makomkBostonian: most of the interesting bits of feminism don’t seem to be documented. .

I think that says it all.

But if you have documentation… feel free to share.