antifeminism creepy false accusations men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA racism rape reddit that's not funny! threats transphobia violence against men/women

New Men’s Rights subreddit moderator thinks violence against women is just hilarious

Recently Kloo2yoo, the founder and longtime moderator of Reddit’s Men’s Rights subreddit, stepped down. The remaining moderator, IgnatiusLoyola, has just announced his successor, a long-time commenter in the subreddit who calls himself AnnArchist. (Despite the female-sounding name, he’s a guy.)

This is an, er, interesting choice, as AnnArchist is a misogynist asshole who thinks that violence against women is hilarious. Indeed, he’s posted in the BeatingWomen subreddit, a thoroughly vile little forum devoted to posting pictures and videos of women being violently assaulted. He says he enjoys this particular subreddit because “I have a sense of humor so I can laugh at it.” Here’s one recent post of his, and another. I don’t know exactly what was in either video, since they’ve both been removed my YouTube, the first for violating the site’s rules against hate speech, the second for its “shocking and disgusting content.”  If you look through the comments on these submissions, you may also note that the r/beatingwomen regulars, in addition to being misogynist assholes, are also racist as fuck.

“Welcome AnnArchist,”  the_real_misogynist wrote in response to one of these postings, “with posts like that you’ll fit right in here.”

Needless to say, AnnArchist doesn’t find violence by women against men quite so risible.

AnnArchist has also advocated murder (many, many, many times), endorsed  vigilantism against a specific young woman, and suggested that false rape accusers should be stoned and/or jailed with the word “liar” tattooed on their faces.

He refers to women as “whores” and “cum dumpsters.” He’s boasted about “persuading” girls to have sex with him after they’ve said “no.” (Meanwhile, he’s said that if he woke up next to a trans woman after being drunkenly “tricked” into sex he would violently assault her.)

Oh, and there’s this bit of wisdom:

If you hyphenate your child’s last name, well its just pathetic. It means the mother was an uncompromising shrew.

I’m sure there are many other vile comments in AnnArchist’s past; these are simply the ones I uncovered with a couple of Reddit searches and by going through his most controversial comments. Indeed, as he himself acknowledges, “there is no limit to the amount of screwed up shit that I’ve posted.”

Apparently a lot of the r/mensrights regulars think so; most of those who’ve commented so far have praised IgnatiusLoyola’s choice, and have dismissed the critics as “trolls.” (EDITED TO ADD:  The tide seems to have turned; there are now more comments up critical of AnnArchist’s promotion to mod, and posts defending Iggy’s decision aee getting some downvotes.)

EDITED TO ADD: Just wanted to highlight one of his comments on the false accuser he was targeting:

I hope she was harassed. Fuck I hope her house was firebombed. Lets be clear, I really will applaud anyone who does anything to her, be it slash her tires or slash her throat.

Here’s the full quote in context. (EDIT: AnnArchist has edited this comment to remove the violent bits. Luckily, someone got a screenshot.)

And here is a comment of his on a specific female judge:

I hope someone kills her.

Holly Pervocracy

Add to the list of MRA thinking:

The Enemy of My Enemy:
“The more someone hates women, the more they must like men. This guy really hates women, so he must be the best ally men ever had!”

felixBC
felixBC

There’s a Beating Women section? My mind is reeling.

juliejezebel

There is also apparently a “raping” women section. Nice.

Lauralot

Remember yesterday when Catalogue was claiming that violent men make up a very, very small fringe group of the MRM?

Yeah. So small and insignificant that one of them is now the subreddit moderator.

juliejezebel

Are we absolutely positive this isn’t some kind of Andy Kaufmanesque comedy punk’d thing?

Holly Pervocracy

Oh hey, he also moderates a subreddit with shock pictures, including lots of chopped up dead bodies!

(Probably best not to click here:) http://www.reddit.com/r/NSFW4/

Now, I’m not saying a man can’t have diverse interests, but something tells me he’s not in this for the love of equality.

Lauralot

Well, it finally happened. I just lost the last shred of faith that I had in humanity.

Kita

@juliejezebel – I WISH. I thought kloo was just the most successful troll of all time and/or a massive psychology experiment put on by someone very unethical, but alas, r/MR proves me wrong over and over again…

Holly Pervocracy

Oh no, they’ve been linked to this post.

I hope at least some of them read it for content, and don’t just immediately throw it into the “HE HATES US AND SAYS MEAN THINGS AND THIS POST IS MEAN THINGS” mental bucket.

I hope?

C’mon, guys. Is this the guy you want advocating for gender equality? Does this guy even like men? He’s done plenty of laughing at dead men’s bodies and advocating for men’s murders…

Bostonian
Bostonian

I think this is what Catalog meant by the “reasonable, non-violent” MRAs…

Lauralot

Also, if AnnArchist despises women so much, why choose such a feminine-sounding name?

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

That beating women subreddit made me nauseous. I can’t believe anyone would find that funny.

cynickal
cynickal

Wow David, I’m sorry you had to wade through that filth.

That’s truly some vile content. 🙁

Holly Pervocracy

Thebionicmommy – I can’t believe anyone would find it funny, and not just because it’s hurtful.

If I turn off the “humanity” part of my brain, it’s not funny because it’s not a joke. There’s no setup, no payoff, no cleverness. If there was some ironic situation or tricky wordplay or goofy slapstick that involved a woman being beaten, that would be a joke about beating women. Just saying “we think beating women is awesome” isn’t a joke.

I’m not even saying this as a feminist. If it were “beatingpotatoes,” it wouldn’t be offensive, but it still wouldn’t be funny.

zombie rotten mcdonald

I think Futrelle is just mercilessly baiting Catalogue at this point….

Captain Bathrobe

I predict references to Sharon Osbourne and Lorena Bobbit in the upcoming thread…because, you know, that makes an entire subreddit devoted to beating women totally OK.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Holly, you’re right that they don’t actually set up punchlines or anything, so if they are trying to be funny, they’re not trying very hard. AnnArchist said he found it funny, though. I guess the people that post there go for extreme shock humor. I really hope that is what their agenda is. Others might be trying to go as low as possible just to get attention.

I also found a quote by Electocutee: “I see it as a place of dark humor, kind of cathartic for those oppressed masses of men who have been treated unjustly by women and society. Naturally, we wouldn’t want to act out that agression, but the reaction of non-members is priceless to me.”
from responses to beating women reddit

I think I am also losing my faith in humanity.

Kita

Ha ha, they’ve replied to me posting this there. The best the other mod can do is “So what? (that AnnArchist is a misogynist)” and “FEMINISTS CAN’T CLAIM THEY’RE NOT MISANDRISTS EITHER!”

Okay, well if that’s the best you can do…

Holly Pervocracy

Kita – I also see a lot of “feminists are violent, and that proves feminists are horrible, and also it means it’s okay if we’re violent” logic going on.

Even if that were true, it says something about your movement if the best you can summon up in self-defense is “we’re just as bad as our enemies!”

NWOslave
NWOslave

Too funny how women/feminists whine about violent talk from the bad men while the State gives women fully authority and immunity from violent acts, plus commits violence on womens behalf.

Here’s a fun little article about rape, that ya’ll beat men over the head with every 2 seconds.

It seems this strong, independent lassie done commited aggravated statutory rape. But fear not, Big Daddy has come to the rescue. She seems to have applied for “diversion,” and was granted it. Apparently, diversion means in this case, if she stays out of mischief for two whole years her record will be cleared. That’s swell. Big Daddy, we love you! I wonder if a man would’ve recieved some of that diversion stuff had he committed aggravated statutory rape? Actually I don’t wonder about it at all, “lock him up,” will be the cry of every woman.
—————————-

Now that fun little story leads up to this gem.

It seems were going to let women out of prison if they’re mommies, which brings up a few points to say the least. First off, I don’t ever recall Big Daddy letting men out of prison just because they’re daddies. Also, since aggravated statuatory rape ain’t enough to lock a woman up. And we’ve all seen how women get off for murdering men by claiming even mental abuse, (no point in leaving a man when you can kill him and keep all the stuff). We’ve seen women murder children and still. No prison.

I mean what the hell did these women have to do to actually get prison time? It had to be something pretty henious, but Big Daddy says let em go. This’ll be the first step in just flat out closing womens prisons down all together. Pretty soon, women will be sent to some State run spa for a little R&R for murdering a man. Feminist Barister something or an other had already proposed just that a coupla years ago. It seems to be making quite a come back. Soon it’ll just be an accepted fact of life, and men will pay with their taxes, for what could be their murderer to spend time at a spa for murdering them.
—————————–

Ya see, this is the violence both directly perpetrated by women, (forgiven by the State). And the violence of the State, directed by women. So when us silly old MRAs talk about tyranny, this is what we mean. Surely you can’t believe women being freed for crimes men are harshly punished for will be considered another endearing quality of modern day women, do you? Do you really believe men will love you more for this? Remember, women are the cash cow of the State. All it takes is one woman to cry about some slight and call it oppression and Big Daddy will rush to take our wealth and rectify any womans slightest indulgence. Like Aristotle said, women do quite well under tyranny.

VoiP
VoiP

And here is a comment of his on a specific female judge: “I hope someone kills her.”

(from the thread:)

Sure, disbarring her would be better. But justice is a commodity. If it isn’t available in the above-board market, a black market develops.

My boyfriend’s father is a judge, and the family has federal marshal protection. They worry. Shit, I worry: I remember freaking out the day of the Loguhner shooting, babbling something inane to my advisor, not because of Congresswoman Giffords (because as terrible as that was, it’s not like it represents a continuing threat to me), but because of the judge. Fuck these people. Fuck them.

VoiP
VoiP

*Loughner

qwkmbxjxlcdeiub
qwkmbxjxlcdeiub

Don’t forget “I Fucking Grinned,” in which our hero describes, before a cheering crowd of redditors, his glee at being given an excuse to sucker-punch a woman inn the gut:

He’d have gone for the “face shot,” of course, if not for all the witnesses. Such bravery! Truly a hero of reddit.

Moewicus
Moewicus

What a hero! Wouldn’t the world be lovely if more people engaged in disproportionate use of force.

Arielle Shander

MRAs frequently prove themselves to be hypocrites; they think it’s funny when women get abused while campaigning against abuse directed at men. They claim to be “egalitarians” and feminists to be “female supremacists” and then say things like women are “over-emotional,” and thus, don’t deserve “adult rights” in society.

And they wonder why some people think MRAs are fucking crazy assholes…

Moewicus
Moewicus

We’ve seen women murder children and still. No prison.

[citation needed]

robotics
robotics

@thebionicmommy r/beatingwomen is akin to the old “smell my finger gag”, it’s not funny to them because of the material they post, it’s funny when people find out what they’re posting. They only want to make you feel violated that you’ve experienced something unpleasant – pay them no attention. r/rapingwomen was created for the same purpose.

havebookswilltravel

Somehow I think NWO played Bioshock much differently from me. I always assumed the Big Daddy characters were sad characters. Not super evil politicians hell bent on creating some Feminist Thunderdome (BTW: I totally have dibs on “Feminist Thunderdome” as a band name).

Honestly, I don’t get who the Big Daddies are supposed to be in NWO posts. No clue. But the Cake is Lie, right?

Captain Bathrobe

Yeah, that Susan Smith just got off scot-free, didn’t she? Blamed it all on a black man and got away with it, right?

Or not: http://crime.about.com/od/murder/a/susan_smith.htm

Things Are Bad

AnnArchist is a perfect fit. Anyone who pisses off the crazy misandrists here and on Reddit is golden.

VoiP
VoiP

“Golden” for the call to murder a judge or “golden” for the violence-fetishism?

Db0
Db0

@qwkmbxjxlcdeiub: Holy shit! We’ve got the same RES title for AnnArchist, based on the same comment. He is the Goddamn Batman of the MRAs truly.

@David: Where did you see that Kloo is stepping down? I don’t see any announcement for it, and Kloo is still a mod.

ladycat123

Well…

AnnArchist is also a cissexist: http://www.reddit.com/r/metanarchism/comments/jh7m3/skobrin_either_stop_drawing_the_attention_of/c2cg6z6 (She secretly has a penis)

http://www.reddit.com/r/metanarchism/comments/jm67b/as_of_right_now_the_mods_can_act_as_police_judge/c2ddy3d(No one gives a fuck that you are a bigendered female on the internet.)

AnnArchist is a disgusting choice for moderator.

Hengist
Hengist

If women and men are equal, why are crimes against women so heinous and deserving of special attention, while crimes against men are just a fact of life? Just saying.

VoiP
VoiP

That statement was really stupid. Just saying. We don’t live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where gangs of equine raiders roam the streets, beating all who challenge their harsh rule…or worse. (I’ve been reading a lot of “My Little Pony”/”Fallout” crossover fanfiction, and it must have rubbed off.) Here in the real world, crimes like murder and assault —both suffered mostly by men (and before you jump all over the keyboard the assailants are also usually men) — are punished.

Donsie
Donsie

Threatening a judge is a serious act; saying you hope someone kills a judge is not so far-removed from an outright threat that I’d want to post it online, though I’m not sure wisdom is something with which MRAs are graced. The really violent stuff that has some from Reddit lately makes me wonder if David Futrelle or anyone else on here has any feelings on when, if ever, we should contact appropriate authorities about some of the worrying threats we see featured on Man Boobz.

Joanna

Catalogue

“So why exactly was he picked as a moderator? Is he truly the best that r/mensrights can offer?

David, if you read the thread, you would know that the thinking was have someone of the opposite extreme to the other moderator, who is leftist and very moderate.

In related news. Abuse denial and the protection of female abusers is a central theme in feminism, feminist activism and fundraising and on the majority of feminist sites.

Mainstream feminist site Jezebelle celebrates and high fives domestic violence against men.

Manboobz regulars believe that It different when mainstream feminism, women and women representing mainstream feminism do these things and to greater extremes, but that they are not sexist.

🙂

Hengist
Hengist

Wow, that Jezebel article is really something. It’s like they’re proud that they hit their boyfriends. But of course, they totally deserved it, amirite?

Another editor slapped a guy when “he told me he thought he had breast cancer.” (Okay, that one made us laugh really hard.)

Funny, funny stuff.

ozymandias42

Uh, no. That Jezebel article is seriously Not Okay. Good thing it’s not a real feminist website, or you’d have an issue.

blitzgal

So, several forums that are explicitly devoted to celebrating violence against women are exactly the same as a female statutory rapist getting a plea deal.

MRAs continue to ignore the fact that it is patriarchal paternalism that leads to lesser sentences for female offenders and NOT feminism. Adults who touch children are predators and rapists — I don’t care if they are male or female. I say this as a survivor who was molested by my female daycare provider.

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Joanna

“Why, WHY is this shit on the internet??? Why hasn’t it been reported for hate speech?”

Because women don’t have the right to never have their precious feelings damaged in the slightest. Ooops, that’s right, they do. We’ve got hate speech, hollaback, sexual harrassment. Why, women have given us all kinds of goodie two shoes, politically correct laws.

We’ve got women tromping about the country slut walking, and the whole manboobz gang endorsing emo-gay-S&M-raunch sex like their lives depend upon it. Oh yes, let’s teach the first graders in public schools all about homosexual sex, have some condoms kiddies the enlightened women cry. Yet say anything to damage a womans delicate ears and they’ll faint in a puritanical swoon. “Big Daddy, save us! Knit another thread in our communist safety net, the world of equality is harsh and I must be protected. Take out freedom, take our money.” And Big Daddys answer is always the same, “of course I will.”

Bostonian
Bostonian

But don’t you see, posting pictures of dead and maimed women and celebrating rape is exactly the same as slapping one man!

At least in MRA abuse denial land.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Also slapping and shoving is the same as murder.

Holly Pervocracy

The “but feminists think it’s funny to hit men!” logic is so broken. And not just because it isn’t true.

You’re saying feminists think it’s funny to hit men, and that’s a bad thing. It makes you angry. It damages their credibility.

Is being bad and angering and not credible something you’re really eager for your side to have? If feminists supporting violence would prove that feminists are evil, what does MRAs supporting violence prove about MRAs?

Rutee Katreya

Your peer reviewed sources only establish that violence is committed by women against male partners. It doesn’t actually establish a feminist abuse denial conspiracy, which you positted.

That Jezebel article is horrible. Not as bad, by any stretch of the imagination, as calling for terrorism and laughing at rape, but bad.

I was hoping Hengist had come here to express shock at this guy being made moderator. Why do I keep expecting non-jackassery from trolls, anyway? Ah well.

AFAIK Jezebel is at least somewhat feminist so No True SCotsman isn’t cool.

Kollege Messerschmitt

Straus’ claims were already proven to be a myth and his methods criticized for being faulty:

That article is definitely not okay. But Jezebel (dude, the title of the name is in the URL, how can you STILL get it wrong?) has often been criticised by feminists for its problematic articles.
I still don’t think the article is comparable to the BeatingWomen subreddit.

Still, no condemnation for the quotes in David’s post, or AnnArchists hypocrisy from you, Catalogue. The emoticon at the end of your post doesn’t help either.

Bostonian
Bostonian

If you read his site, Catalog is perfectly ok with the BeatingWomen subreddit. He is only against women getting any kind of justice, or having them escape from abusive situations. He also has no real interest in actual help of men beyond posting debunked studies.

1 2 3 8