bullying douchebaggery drama evil women false accusations misogyny MRA rape reddit

The recent ugliness on Reddit

From time to time, something will happen on the Internet or in real life that I know I should write about for Man Boobz, but it’s so infuriating or depressing that I can’t bring myself to write about it. The recent bullshit on Reddit involving a young woman whose story of a sexual assault was met with angry disbelief until she provided video proof that her injuries were real is a perfect case in point.

Briefly, what happened is this:

A young woman posted about a sexual assault she’d endured a day or so earlier – a man had tried to rape her, pushing her to the ground and scraping her face on the pavement. In a separate topic she posted a picture of her injuries, most notably a giant scrape on her cheek. You can see it at right; click on the picture to see it full size.

Then another Redditor noticed that some time back, the same woman had posted a picture of herself in zombie makeup. This, he said, made him skeptical that her injuries were real — it was probably just a good makeup job.

That was all it took to send Reddit into a full internet lynch mob frenzy: obviously this woman was a liar and an attention whore and, even worse, possibly a feminist anti-rape activist! Redditors suddenly became both medical and makeup experts, and declared that the giant scrape on her face was obviously phony. (Not to me; I tried arguing with several of them to no avail.) It got ugly, very ugly, very quickly.

The woman at the heart of the storm asked if she needed to post an actual video of her cleaning the wound on her face to show that it was real; a redditor demanded that she do just that.

So she did. (Here it is.) Long story short: the scrape is real. The woman also posted a picture of the business card given to her by the police detective she’s spoken to when reporting the incident. It’s now pretty clear that there is no reason to doubt that her story is true. Even the Redditor who originally challenged her story realized that she was almost certainly telling the truth.

Here’s her post offering proof to back up her story.

At this point the lynch mob lost its steam; some people even apologized to her.

But the evidence of the ugliness remains in a host of different threads and different subforums on Reddit. I honestly don’t have the energy or the  patience to sift through all of the ugliness; luckily, Jezebel has given a decent account of the whole spectacle; you can go there to get some more of the details.

You might also want to look in to the main thread where most of the ugliness occurred — though at this point many of the vile accusatory comments that got upvoted when everyone seemed to assume she was lying have been retroactively voted down. (The screenshot I posted above gives a better idea of what it looked like at the time; here’s another screenshot with some of the choicer comments.)

Naturally, Men’s Rightsers contributed to the ugliness – though most of the worst comments appeared outside of the Men’s Rights subreddit, and a surprising number of r/mr regulars refused to jump on the original “she’s a liar” bandwagon.

While many Men’s Rightsters are now apologetic, others still think she may be lying.

Here’s a good discussion of the whole thing in ShitRedditSays, and a followup.

Dracula
Dracula

“…feminism is anti-life…”

Shit, we’d better make sure Darksied never hears of this.

@Sharculese

Here ya go, feminism is still killing Russia. The plague kills less.

abortion

male life expectancy in Russia

Yea, we need more feminism. The birthplace of modern feminism, is also the deathplace capitol of the world for men. Just look at that life expectancy.

random6x7

Actually, that would be Swaziland, NWOslave. Seriously, I know you can’t cite Wikipedia in a paper, but it really is a quick and easy resource, dude. I’m only bothering to provide you with actual facts because ten seconds with that or Google gives me the answers. How are you not capable of this? Or do you just like being wrong?

hellkell
hellkell

Oh, an article from a place taglined “Today’s Christian News.” That can’t POSSIBLY be biased.

@random6x7

Feminists Spains has a population reproduction of 1.2 almost down to 1/2 of whats needed for zero population growth.

Spain has 40 million people of which 40% are of reproductive age. Here is the breakdown of their death by feminism. 16 million of reproductive age presently, in 20 years 8 million, in 40 years 4 million, in 60 years 2 million, in 80 years 1 million, in 100 years 500 thousand people able to reproduce if the current trend remains. feminism is unsustainable. Is 500k even enough to classify as a city?

Pecunium

Lets compare incarceration rates.

USA Inmates: 714 per 100,000
Canada Inmates: 116 per 100,000
Norway Inmates: 71 per 100,000
Sweden Inmates 78 per 100,000

In Norway, this is the breakdown of cause for incarceration.

A veritable hellhole, where being male will get one locked up for having unclean thoughts about women.

Per the CIA World Factbook:

Life expectancy:

Canada 81.38
Sweden 81.07
Norway 80.20

Saudi Arabia 74.11
Syria 74.69
N. Korea 68.89

Looks like it’s all peaches and cream if you live in a non-feminist country… you aren’t going to have to spend as long dealing with feminists; in N. Korea you can enjoy, on average, almost 12 years fewer with the nasty harpies.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, even if your math were correct (hint: it’s not) who gives a shit? In 60 years, you won’t be around.

😀 He cited World Magazine! I have these super-conservative Orthodox friends who are subscribed to World and even they think it’s a piece of crap (it’s also one of those magazines that they just keep sending you). They’re the ones who advertised the American Patriot’s Bible (it’s a Bible with a copy of the Constitution in it. No shit.)

random6x7

Yeah, stats don’t work that way. You can’t extrapolate that far in advance. I mean, if the trend continues, there will be negative people! I’m guessing that the trend will level off. After all, we’ve only had about forty years with safe, effective birth control that women could use without the cooperation of men. My group of friends is highly educated and very feminist, the sort of people who are least likely to have children, and we’ve got two babies so far. I’m planning on having at least one someday, and so are several others. Anecdata, yes, but people aren’t going to quit reproducing anytime soon. It’s just that, for a variety of reasons, none of us are likely to have more than two or three children at most, and a few will never reproduce.

Besides, lower populations could be a good thing, even if you’re not an environmentalist! I’ve read arguments that the Renaissance was partially driven by low population rates after the plagues that swept through Europe.

Amnesia
Amnesia

“…feminism is anti-life…”

Shit, we’d better make sure Darksied never hears of this.

But does anti-life justify our hate?

Pecunium

There is also the horror which is being in a Norwegian Prison

Mind you, there’s lots of vacancies right now.

@Pecunium

Nothing compared to the birthplace of modern feminism, what is it, 58 in Russia? Isn’t there a 7 year gap in the US and growing? Perhaps a Scandinavian born today might watch as their population dwindles to nothing. Won’t that be a pretty site. Scandinavia will collapse even before the US. How long until the men get sick of being treated like criminals by the State which takes all their money to treat them as such? I give 5 years at best.

@random6x7
“After all, we’ve only had about forty years with safe, effective birth control that women could use without the cooperation of men.”

That safe and quite effective birth control meant the slaughter of 60 million. I guess it’s safe depending which side of the womb you’re on.

random6x7

I was actually referring to hormonal contraceptives, but abortion works, too.

Pecunium

Scandinavia is a pretty site.

I could have sworn the birthplace of Modern Feminism was Seneca Falls, NY in 1848, when Russia was still a totalitarian state under the Tsars.. oh, sorry, I should put that into the Spanish Alphabet, under the цари

random6x7

I kind of have a crush on Scandinavia, helped along by Humon and Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time.

You could argue that second wave feminist thought has its roots in Marxist thought, but that still doesn’t lead back to the USSR since, you know, they didn’t actually institute Marxism. Poor Marx. He really was a sweet guy, and yet so misunderstood.

@Pecunium

Well I don’t speak Russian but basically it’s the same just different rules of sytax. Like the vowel a “ate” makes an eight sound and in cat it makes an ahhh sound, where in russian they use it in a hard and soft syntax which I really don’t know. However the 5 vowels are a for ah sound, a backwards e for eh sound, a backwards n for eee sound, an o for oh sound and a y for ooo sound and there is two letters for each vowel depending on whatever the grammar rule in russian is.

Now please stop with your silly nonsense where you try to prove a point on which your so obviously wrong.

@random6x7

Feminism is marxist, communist, socialist, take your pick. Which of course means it never had anything to do with equality. It’s simply a political hate movement to hand power to the State.

eli
eli

oh, how precious.

He thinks Russian has five vowels.

/hysterical laughing

Mr. Kobold
Mr. Kobold

What is this, a remaster thread? Why is some pathetic old man from Texas who can barely understand letters and numbers commenting on something posted ten days ago?

@random6x7

“All right, I need to get a ticket to Norway and commit a low-level crime. Any ideas for a good one? Robbery, maybe?”

Just go to a prostitute. Selling sex is legal. Buying sex isn’t. There ya go!

random6x7

Yup, that’s exactly what I meant. Poor Marx. I have a tender spot for philosophers who are completely misunderstood.

Okay, when I say that modern feminist thought has its roots in Marxism, I mean that it has its roots in materialism and the idea that people have to navigate power structures in their society, and that many of the social issues that we see have their roots in these power structures. Marxism also sees economics as the base of the structures in society, and Marx himself believed in cultural evolution, as most 19th century philosophers did. Modern feminist, anthropological, and sociological thought has moved past this, but there’s still a lot of emphasis on the ways that people both use and are used by their culture. Nowadays, we tend to grant a lot more agency to the individual. So, what about that do you specifically disagree with? The existence of power structures? Materialism? Structural inequalities causing social issues (I know you agree with that; just because we disagree on who has the power doesn’t mean we disagree that there are power struggles)?

Or do you hear “Marx” and immediately think Stalin, death panels, and omg they’re going to take all my money?

hellkell
hellkell

Pecunium, is he right about the Russian? I’m not buying it, and the irony of him calling anyone else wrong is delicious, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.

@random6x7

First off, we live in a communist country. We’re not free, nor is this a capitalist economy.

Also you said we are granted a lot more agency. I’m afarid this is also false. You do know there are over 60 million legal statutes governing your actions, right? That, can in no way translate into agency of any kind. you probably break 100s of these statutes every week, and don’t even know it.

These are your rights.

The right to life. (abortion negates this right, the right to life)
The right to property. (Any tax without approval negates this right)
The right to freedom. (If I drive, I shouldn’t need a license, forcing me to get one infringes on my right)

These are your only rights. Everything else is an infringement on my rights. When you say you have a right to an education. You don’t. You have the freedom to get an education but not a right to have one given to you. When you’re taxed to pay for public schools, that is an infringement on your right to property, (wealth).

Everyone has been brought up under a false system which lies to you from birth.

Ami Angelwings

Is this the Feminism is the worst genocidal conspiracy in the history of man and is wiping out the human race hour again? XD

Ami Angelwings

First off, we live in a communist country.

I think we’re back into ppl talking past each other cuz they use the same words to mean different things XD

So let’s clarify 😀

What does “communist” mean to you? Specifically? 😀

Sharculese

you understand theres more to an alphabet than just the vowels, right.

and that syntax has nothing to do with alphabets.

Ami Angelwings

Everyone has been brought up under a false system which lies to you from birth.

I would like to know more 😀

Ami Angelwings

We’re about to get another glimpse into NWOrld! 😀

@eli

Please tell me the origin of cyrillic script, ya know, a little history of it. What’s the basis of it. Kinda the root from which it’s derived. That way you can show how ignorant I am. Also the root of the english alphabet.

Ami Angelwings

*orbits*

Why so circumspect NWO? 😀

darksidecat

Communism and socialism are all about equality-abolishing class distinctions is sort of a key idea there. One wonders where you get these notions.

Sharculese

pecunium doesnt seem to be around, so im writing up a post explaining. short answer, kernel of truth about the vowels, but really hes totally wrong.

eli
eli

I’m not Pecunium, but Russian has lotsa vowels. He’s right and he’s wrong.

a (he’s right)
e (is actually ‘yeh’)
ë (e with umlaut, usually “yo”)
(backward n), yes is “ee,” or “i”
o (he’s right) ‘oh’
y (he’s right) ‘oo’
[man, here is the point that I wish I knew the symbol language better] Russian has this weird vowel that is like a hog call “uuuuiiiii”, but deep in your chest and short. it looks like a lower case b merged with an “i.” My correct pronunciation of this one fools people into thinking I can actually speak this crazy language.
(backwards e) “eh”
(weird i + o symbol) “yo”
(backwards R) “ya”

Unfortunately, the pronunciations of many of these vowels change whether they are followed by a hard or soft consonant. Russian is the language of the exceptions exceed the rules.

@Sharculese

Same question to you that I tossed out to eli.

C’mon, show how smarty, smart, smart you are.

Ami Angelwings

darksidecat | September 22, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’m still waiting for him to tell me what communism means in the NWO dictionary XD

random6x7

…. I meant us anthropologists tend to talk more about individual agency these days. But, hey, kudos on the “confuse your opponent by arguing about something completely different” tactics. Haven’t seen such debating skills in years.

Also:
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0CCphgmZ8&w=420&h=315%5D

NWOslave

C’mon everyone, what is the root alphabet of cryllic script. It’s based on something, it may have a few added letters and such but whats the root of it?

Then we can finally put this to bed. Let’s see whose right?

random6x7

Damn. That was supposed to be an embed, which failed miserably.

random6x7

Also, I should watch Youtube videos before linking them, in case they don’t actually have what I think they do. Sorry, and never mind.

NWOslave

I’m afraid I can answer nothing until the manboobz gang tells me the root alphabet of cryillic script.

eli
eli

So all of a sudden he wants the root alphabet?

When somebody calls him on the vowels?

Shifting goalposts as usual? (I’ve been lurking for a while)

eli
eli

Why don’t you learn to spell the name of the alphabet first?

Ami Angelwings

XD

Now he’s fled into linguistics xD

random6x7

I’m trying to figure out his gotcha here, but I can’t really see it. Maybe if I bang my head against the wall a few times or something.

hellkell
hellkell

And the linguists wept at the new addition to their ranks, as did the economists and the historians.

Sharculese

owlslave i already said im writing up a long comment on cyrillic. it will answer your question, i promise.

@eli

I’d like to answer you but I’m afraid I can’t. I’m far too ignorant. It would appear my knowlege of language, is lacking. As I was told by pretty much the entire manbooz gang that Cryillic script was far and away a completely different language, with absolutely no relationship what-so-ever with english, spanish, ect.

I mean the genius that resides here can surely tell me the root language and why there might be a few variances. Where’s Sir Knight to set me straight?

Flib
Flib

Slavey, if your going to try the libertarian argument, at least use a better theorist then Herp McDerp. Try looking at some Nozick (even though he later said the majority of libertarian ideas are bullshit). You might at least have some basis to defend yourself there.

Also, you are still mangling basic population statistics I see. I’ll take note that you still haven’t responded to how I pointed out that we are not actually in “negative” population growth, even when accounting for immigration and outflow.