antifeminism cock blockade crackpottery men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW MGTOW paradox misogyny MRA oppressed men pussy cartel sex vaginas

Bla bla pussy cartel bla bla cock blockade

Don't put the pussy on a pedestal. Unless it's this pussy.

The blogger Fidelbogen likes to think of himself as some sort of grand theoretician of “counter-feminist” thinking. Which means that his posts are usually far too long and ponderous to read, much less to write about. His ideas – at least judging from the few posts of his I’ve had the patience to wade through — are really not much more advanced than your typical MRA; he’s just much more pretentious (and long-winded) about it.

He is, in other words, the sort of guy who could take 3000 words to explain the rather basic MRA notion that women control men with their vaginas.

I mean that quite literally. Our excitable MGTOWer friend MarkyMark recently drew his readers’ attention to a 5-year-old post by Fidelbogen with the enigmatic title “Ideas Which Go Against the Grain,” which offers, yep, a 3000-word précis of the evils of pussy power. Perhaps against my better judgement, I’ve decided to give it a detailed look. Strap in!

I’ll give him credit for one thing: despite his vague title, Fidelbogen states his thesis quite plainly at the start:

Female sexuality is raised high upon an altar like a golden calf. Male sexuality is looked upon as a ratty old kitchen chair with a cracked vinyl seat, under suspicion of mildew.

Well, ok, not the very start. Right about here:

This disparity, this imbalance, this . . . . inequality, accounts for most of women’s power over men. By extension, it accounts for a great deal of feminism’s leverage in the realm of gender politics.

In other words: vagina=power.

I leave it to the poets to wax lyrical about the mysteries of the eternal feminine, and to the psychoanalytic priesthood to plumb its shadowy depths. As a political tactician and theorist, it is my cold-blooded task merely to figure out how the world works, blabbity blabbity bloo.

Ok, those last three words are my paraphrase of his argument. Focus, Fidelbogen, focus!

The higher valuation assigned to female sexuality generates a seller’s market for women in the so-called game of love. That is how the world works; women do not queue or cluster in quest of men’s favors. No, it is nearly always men who act this way around women.

And this leads to, yep, the dreaded Pussy Cartel:

Deprived of euphemism, the case is this: women have cornered the market on sexual intercourse, and are able to dictate the price and the accompanying politics much as OPEC might set the terms for oil. …

Understand, that the higher valuation of female sexuality translates into both female power and loss of male power. Since female supremacy is feminism’s driving ambition, it makes sense that the women’s movement has undertaken to siphon power away from men using every siphon hose imaginable.

Normally, I would assume this last bit was some kind of sniggering reference to blowjobs. As Fidelbogen seems to be utterly without a sense of humor, I have to assume it’s merely a belabored metaphor.

So how do the evil feminists siphon away male power? By driving along some sort of road:

Certain lanes, deeply rutted by age-old usage, serve handily along feminism’s route to power.

So after siphoning their way down this road, we (and the evil feminists) arrive at what I’ll call (to keep Fidelbogen’s metaphor going) “Courtship Lane.”

The word “courtship” is revealing. Men are the “courtiers”, which is to say lackeys or sycophants who wait upon the pleasure of their “lord”. In courtship, more often than otherwise, women hold all the cards. Feminists, being women, are well aware of this. But they are also aware that the realm of courtship, while being women’s greatest zone of power over men, is likewise a critical link in the chain of power which binds men specifically to the designs of feminist domination.

After a bit of empty rhetoric, Prof. F continues:

Most women are aware of their superior sexual bargaining power. And many women have been politicized to some degree (more or less) by feminist ideology. This latter group will most certainly carry their politicized outlook into the sexual bargaining arena, and in their minds both feminist ideology and the knowledge of their age-old power will meld together into a troublesome sort of hybrid entity.

Fidelbogen, alas, does not take the opportunity to name this dastardly “hybrid entity.” Let’s just call it THE FEMIGINA!! (In all caps, with two exclamation points.)

At this point, Prof. F loses what little steam his argument has, and begins prattling about this and that and the evils of feminism. I will attempt to convey the gist of it with the following excerpts. In order to truly capture the flavor of it, I will replace the traditional ellipses – used to indicate excised material – with the phrase “blabbity blabbity.”

Blabbity blabbity to gauge the extent of feminist indoctrination among the female population would be like measuring the spread of a gaseous substance with a rubber band. Blabbity blabbity [f]eminism has blabbity blabbity secured a tremendous power over men by means of a momentous bio-political conjunction. Blabbity moral corona of the ideology blabbity female noosphere blabbity blabbity feminist-tinted spectacles blabbity blabbity the path lies clear before us.

And then he comes to his point:

Men should cease to value female sexuality beyond a certain fixed rate. Once the cost exceeds this rate, the value should fall to zero—leaving the purveyors in their deserted market stall.

Yep. That’s right. He’s talking about what we here on Man Boobz know as the Cock Blockade.

Blabbity blabbity it would go against nature blabbity blabbity laborious gritting of teeth. Blabbity blabbity supremely human accomplishment. Blabbity blabbity we are more than simply animals.

And he comes to another point:

Devaluation of female sexuality would alter the balance of power between the sexes. There would come a point where a man, any man, could make the personal choice to cast loose from women altogether—in all but the peripheral aspects of his life.

Go your own way!

Blabbity blabbity men would need to cut each other some slack blabbity blabbity stop competing with other men in the customary arena where female flesh is the prize. Blabbity blabbity. The question “are ya getting any?”, along with the adolescent mindset it signals, would be out of place in this altered scheme of things.

And this would put the ladies in their place – standing lonely in their vagina stalls, gamely trying to interest men in their now worthless vaginas.

Women would be the courtiers, the ones who queue and cluster. Deny women their fundamental age-old power, and feminism would find itself reeling in shock as though from a serious blood loss. The best way for men to free themselves from the boa-constrictor grip of feminism is to free themselves from the power of women.

So now I have the image of lady boa-constrictors with head wounds standing in a line, displaying their boa-constrictor vaginas with a sort of desperate hopefulness to the wholly uninterested men who pass by.

After a good deal of blathering so tedious it’s not even worth quoting in part, Fidelbogen begins to ponder the power of “no.”

[M]en must play hard to get. They must learn to exercise the very same option which has historically been the province of women, namely, the power to say NO.

Saying no lies coiled at the very heart of playing hard to get. Saying no signifies a withdrawal which generates a vacuum along its line of retreat, and this vacuum by its draft draws the other into a pursuit by default.

I feel a bit of a breeze myself, but I think that’s just because Prof. F is talking a lot of wind.

Let’s move from breezes to earthquakes:

The changes I am discussing here would amount to a tectonic realignment of unquestionably world-historic magnitude. An inversion of the Victorian pedestal.

The old way of doing things, Prof. F tells us,

I have decided to call it the pussy paradigm—a somewhat vulgar expression to be sure, but it has the common touch!

Ironically, the common touch is something hetero dudes will have to become masters at if they swear off the ladies. Prof. F continues:

So, this pussy paradigm belongs in the category of things which predate feminism’s arrival in the world. And when the feminists got here, they saw in a flash where their advantage lay, and they closed in, and they threw a harness around it.

They threw a harness around a paradigm?

The heart of feminism is female supremacism, and the heart of female supremacism is the pussy paradigm. Remember this if you remember nothing else.

So what does Prof. F call his pussy-optional way of doing things? The “optionality paradigm.” That is, dudes can have sex with women or not, whatever they want, and shouldn’t pressure one another to score with the ladies.  (I’m not quite sure how, in Professor F’s economic model, the price of pussy can be reduced to zero if some dudes are still interested in it, but I confess that I only sort of skimmed that bit of his post. Life is short, and Fidelbogen’s posts are long.)

More blabbity blabbity:

The future, in theory, should see a migration of the optionality paradigm toward the center of the map within hetero-normative male culture, along with a corresponding displacement of the pussy paradigm toward the perimeter. This would exactly reverse the present disposition of forces. The optionality paradigm would, at that point, become the ruling paradigm.

After reading this turgid turd of a paragraph , I decided to cut my losses and skip directly to Professor F’s grand conclusion. Which turns out to be neither grand nor much of a conclusion:

My endeavor in writing has been to flesh it out somewhat. To write about it is to give it a form, to make the inchoate choate, to fashion an anchor of words that can hold things usefully in place so we can discuss them, if need be, with a view toward implementation and concrete action. The time to draft contingency plans is now. Put these ideas in your thinking cap and ponder their utility.

Even better, put them in a small bag, weigh it down with rocks, and toss it into the nearest large body of water.

Jesus, this turned into a long post. Still, it’s only about half the length of Prof. F’s original.

Ginmar Rienne

It’s the both that’s the problem. Apparently you consider him calling me a bitch and telling me to fuck myself several times as offensive as me mildly pwning the little shit. That’s a bit—what’s the phrase I’m looking for here? No wonder these guys run amuck.

Rutee Katreya

Oh, geez, he’s doing the thing where he gets so upset he types wrong. I don’t… how is that even a thing?

Unless his rage issues are a bigger thing than I realized, he’s doing it on purpose.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, I’ve done it lots in video games. But he’s deliberately choosing to slam keys, if not necessarily which keys he hits til he puts FUCK YOU in caps. Which itself demonstrates the ability to control what he says.

Ginmar said… nobody wants to date him, and dead girls don’t say no. That’s pretty much not new here, I actually don’t see the problem.

Tabby Lavalamp

Apparently I’m going to have to start calling Men’s Rights Activist Lieutenant “Her Holy Highness” based upon what she says it means. I don’t know if she’ll be happy with the new gender pronouns that will assign her though.

That aside, why does it seem like the men calling for other men to stop seeking sex are the ones who currently aren’t likely having sex themselves not out of choice but because they can’t “score with the hot babes”?

Pecunium

MRAL, Are you seriously saying that, when you have the urge to call me, or CB, or NWO, an asshole you are going to type, “Her Holy Highness”?

Because I don’t believe that. It’s got not one, but two, gendered aspects to the insult.

And you are both smarter, and more careful than that. You can do better than that (in both cases of insult) and you can be more honest about your actions. That, would probably move your therapy along as much as actually stopping the use of insults about women.

If you are having personal problems, if school is being a strain, etc., there is a thread, all about you, in the forum. I suggest you mention it. If you have something of merit (be it for good, or ill), please post it. Otherwise, take it elsewhere.

Hershele Ostropoler

MRAL:

I was referring to Ginmar as an arrogant Her Holy Highness, because she is. I don’t know why people brought in the term “bitch”, because I sure didn’t.

I don’t think you’re really supposed to follow the instructions in Derailing for Dummies. “Oh, I didn’t use the naughty word, you can’t punish me for using the naughty word.”

I’m not sure how “you can’t possibly infer meaning from the words I use” is supposed to be a defense.

Joanna

My vagina is magic =)

Molly Ren

“Molly: I think you are trying to pay Gimar the compliment of being able to control herself, but really… MRAL is the one who lost it.”

Point taken, Pecunium. Sorry, Ginmar.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Fidelbogen is yet another person who fails to blame the right people for how some women play hard to get. A lot of men think that if a woman pursues a man, then she is too forward. PUA guys call forward women sluts. With that kind of social pressure, it’s no wonder so many women let men do the chasing and play hard to get. This is definitely not the fault of feminists, since feminists want both men and women to feel secure in their sexuality and free to pursue potential partners.

I asked my husband out the first time. He thought it was an exciting change of pace to be the one pursued. If he had turned me down simply for being gutsy and asking him out, then he wouldn’t have been my type anyway. I wouldn’t want to be with a man that feels threatened by a confident woman.

If men want women to stop playing hard to get, then not slut shaming is a good way to start. Rather than urging men to do their cock blockade, and causing even less sex to be had, they should stop slut shaming so more sex can be had.

Holly Pervocracy

Dripping with nasty sarcasm as it is, “Her Holy Highness” always strikes me as a nastier insult than “bitch.” (Also, when you use syntax like “she’s a Her Holy Highness” it kinda kills the plasusible deniability.)

Anyway, neither one says anything. The only information communicated is “I don’t like her,” and gosh, we already knew that, she’s a woman. If you want the people reading your comment to also not like her, it’s best to give some sort of reason.

Anyway. The actual post. I agree that it’s a feminist ideal that anyone can say no to sex. But the MRA perversion of the ideal comes in when they imply that doing so is striking an aggressive blow against the other gender and wresting control (of what? it is important never to say, or you might reveal how incredibly petty this kind of “control” actually is), rather than just… not having sex with that person at that time.

Holly Pervocracy

I assume the keyboard-bashing is just the Internet equivalent of that thing where people try to convince you that they’re losing control, and because they have no control of themselves they could do anything, so you better treat them real nice and walk on eggshells because with any provocation they could totally just snap!

It works better in person, though.

And with people who haven’t seen that shit before, and thus aren’t fully aware of what a game it is, how deliberately the game-players can turn their “loss of control” on and off, and how they’re usually the biggest cowards who backpedal in terror the instant they run into someone who growls back instead of cowering.

Bostonian
Bostonian

The stuttering typing just looks asinine.

Snowy
Snowy

Her Holy Highness obviously doesn’t know how to use the computer. Yeah, that’s totally a replacement for calling you an asshole, MRAL. Awesome!

Poor MRAL. I used to think it might be possible to actually make progress with him, but nope, here he is, back at square one. Or maybe square negative one.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Wow, apparently asking a male and a female to cool off is misogynistic because hello, the wymyn can do WHAT EVER they want. That’s Her Holy Highness logic for you.

And I say Her Holy Highness because I get put on moderation whenever I say what I really want to say.

Holly Pervocracy

If MRAL doesn’t want to get better–if he doesn’t want to have positive interactions with human beings (I won’t even say “women,” since it’s not like he gets along so great with men)–if he’d rather play the game called “I’m not bad at dealing with people, it’s just that everyone else in the world is stupid and mean”–then fuck it. I’m not making any more attempts at dragging that particular horse to the water.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Hey ginmar, have you checked your Fandom Wank page lately?

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I am having positive interactions with people, fyi. Ginmar is just a fucking dumbass.

Joanna

“the wymyn can do WHAT EVER they want.”

Within normal social boundaries of course. But you wouldn’t know anything about that.

Holly Pervocracy

MRAL, who the hell did you tell to “cool off?” And why?

Calling people bitches (or, hell, even actually non-gendered insults) and not even explaining why you’re angry is the worst way ever to make them cool off.

Lauralot
Lauralot

So…he makes a claim that he doesn’t insult women, but tells us the only reason he’s not saying bitch is because he’ll be put on moderation? Yeah, that’s chivalrous to the ladies, all right.

Class act, MRAL.

Rutee Katreya

Actually aside from using gendered insults I have no problem with what you said either. But keep on going with this oppressed act, we’re totally buying it.

I mean I’m not fooled by you going ALISDHGLAKSDHGALKSDHG at all, but it doesn’t bother me. Never saw it from holly’s perspective though.

Pecunium

It wasn’t misogynistic, it was unfair. Ginmar didn’t do anything to deserve you calling her a bitch. Telling her to can it, because you were being a Her Holy Highness was unreasonable.

This subthread isn’t even about you anymore, it’s about how to deal with dickheads.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I didn’t say I don’t insult women, I’m calling ginmar a fucking idiot right now. I don’t use gendered insults because my therapist told me to stop, and also that gets me moderated here.

KathleenB
KathleenB

But it’s TOTES not an insult, I promise!

Lauralot
Lauralot

You have said in the comments in other posts that you don’t insult women. So not only are you a misogynist, you’re also a liar.

Man, he just gets more and more appealing, huh?

Rutee Katreya

Her Royal/Holy Highness is a gendered insult in its own right. You already told us it’s a cipher for bitch earlier as well. Stop transparently lying. You’re awful at it. And be less stupid.

Bostonian
Bostonian

On the topic of the original incoherent rant, what exactly is withholding sex supposed to actually do for either gender?
“Withholding” sex does not seem to do anything for the person “withholding” it except to assert bodily autonomy.

I’m leaving.

Lauralot
Lauralot

It’s possible I’ve confused Meller’s equally incoherent posts with MRAL’s. In which case, apologies for the mistake, but your behavior online is still repulsive and if the fact that you don’t use “gendered” insults in the real world is supposed to redeem the way you represent yourself here, it’s failed.

mediumdave

Hey ginmar, have you checked your Fandom Wank page lately?

I’ll save you the trouble… it hasn’t been updated since 2006. Actually, it looks like nothing in the Fandom Wank wiki has been updated since 2006…

Joanna

MRAL, whatever your disagreement with Ginmar is, would you not consider debating it in a civil manner? Calling Ginmar a fucking idiot because you think differently, makes you look rather immature.

Joanna

That’s right MRAL. Storm out like a spoilt brat.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Bodily autonomy being a very good thing, for both genders of course.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Another fucking flounce. I’m gonna bet… oh, say five internets that he’s back within twenty four hours. probably still being an insulting ass, but I’m not sure some tings can be helped.

KathleenB
KathleenB

MRAL: flounce, stick the landing, full points, etc.

He realizes that he’s going to get put onto moderation, but doesn’t bother to think about why he might get put onto moderation. Obviously it’s just because David is a big meanie pants who likes spitting on him.

Holly Pervocracy

Bostonian – I think the concept is that women withhold sex until they get what they want, and men will give women whatever they want. So I can tell some guy “I’m not having sex with you unless you buy me dinner,” and then I have the sexual power to get a free dinner.

Or something.

Through great unspecificity of thought, in which they talk about women demanding “things,” rather than “dinner” or “dinner and a movie, oh my god”, MRAs seem to have convinced themselves that women can make an entire living off of not-having-sex, instead of occasionally getting some dates paid for.

(Emotional “demands” seem to go in this category as well, as being affectionate with a woman is either a sacrifice of your time and effort, or an actual show of humiliation, rather than a human relationship. It’s unclear what exactly women gain from this, though. Perhaps it just amuses us.)

I have yet to meet a non-prostitute who got cash or anything useful for daily living by strategically withholding sex from men, but in MRA-land it happens all the time. Women just go around buying cars and paying their rent and credit card bills by not having sex with men.

Dracula
Dracula

This is real life, MRAL. You’re talking to actual people right now. I fucking hate it when people try to pull that shit.

hellkell
hellkell

Bye MRAL.

Six internets says he’ll be back by evening.

Holly Pervocracy

Katz – The ability to realize that people don’t like them, but the inability to think about why people don’t like them, is a common denominator for basically every troll Manboobz has ever had.

Pecunium

MRAL: I don’t call women Her Holy Highnesses in real life, if that’s what you mean. ???

Bullshit. This is real life. It’s just not face to face.

Molly Ren

Holly, it wasn’t MRAL that told people to “cool off”, it was me telling him and Ginmar. This is why I probably shouldn’t apply to become a forum mod. 😛

shaenon

And be less stupid.

If only everyone could follow this simple advice, what a wonderful world this would be.

MRAL, seriously. Just stop using insults when you talk to people. Don’t make up new insults. Just stop insulting people. Why is this hard?

And wait, the keyboard-mashing really is a thing in, like, gaming communities? Oh lord.

captainbathrobe

MRAL, Are you seriously saying that, when you have the urge to call me, or CB, or NWO, an asshole you are going to type, “Her Holy Highness?”

Especially when my proper title is Her Royal Majesty, Queen and High Priestess of Chocolate Funk. I’m very particular about that.

Molly Ren

Shaenon, I’ve seen it before, but usually only in slash communities. Some of those shirtless depictions of Sam & Dean Winchester can make a girl downright inarticulate. 😉

CB: Yah! I’m Molly Fucking Stuffie Queen Ren, and y’all better not forget it! 😀

chocomintlipwax

Since we’re betting, I bet 10 internets that he’s reading these comments and crying softly in the dark.

And a further 5 that he’ll post under a fake handle.

It’s interesting how by not using my vagina, I’m somehow sticking it to men or making them give me gifts. I wish I’d figured this out sooner!

Not have sex

????

PROFIT!!

Because here I’ve spent the last 20-some years not having sex and I sure would like some college monies.

But once again, we find that we can’t win. You use your vagina and you’re a used-up whore. Don’t use it and you’re a horrible, money-hungry harpy. :/ Well, if I gotta be a money-hungry harpy, I expect my check from the collective hetero male population to be arriving soon. Thx. $20,000 should do.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

What appears to me to be the case when it comes to these kinds of screeds is that these guys have watched way way too many romantic comedies where stuff that rarely happens in real life (and even when it does in very specific circumstances) is what they think that all women do, say or think despite clear evidence to the contrary.

It makes me think of what happened repeatedly in history-women would be obviously capable and reliable and yet the constant refrain was “women cannot do squat.”

Rutee Katreya

I don’t think it is a general thing actually. Though maybe the online games I’ve been playing lately are just more chill. There’s certainly a lot less rage in stuff like TF2 or Altitude than there is in League of Legends. Actually that could just be a server matter as well.

filetofswedishfish

Er. He realizes (the OP that is) that men already can and do turn down sex? That, like. We’re all humans with that sort of basic abilities, among which is the vocabulary for “yes please” and “no, thank you” for many yes/no questions?