crackpottery idiocy man boobz fun time videos men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA Muvizu videos

Man Boobz Video 7: Split the country in half, men on one side, women on the other?

In this episode of Man Boobz Super Fun Time Video Party, new hosts Little Girl and Manbot Woman Hater 5000 discuss the views of an MRA who thinks all men should live on one side of the Mississippi and all women on the other.

Yes, those of you who regularly read the comments here know which MRA I’m talking about here: regular Man Boobz commenter and antagonist “Anthony Zarat,” who spelled out his simple solution to the whole man-woman thing in the comments here. Full text, and a link to the original comment, below.

Here’s what Manbot quoted from Anthony’s comment, which you can read in its entirety here.

[T]he separation of our species will liberate men and women from FEAR.

Women will be free from fear of INDIVIDUAL VIOLENCE.

Men will be free from fear of COLLECTIVE VIOLENCE.

Said another way:

Women will no longer fear the faceless man in the darkness.

Men will no longer fear the police officer of civil judge in the daylight.

See, better for everyone.

In my dreams, we divide this continent along the Mississippi. Men on one side, women on the other. Never to meet again. Free at last, free at last, free at last.

Made with Muvizu animation software.

KathleenB
KathleenB

AntZ: Is someone holding a weapon on you or someone you love, forcing you to read and post on feminist sites? If not, perhaps you should look into the concept of STFU?

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

AntZ, if you think we’re boring, maybe you should make some VR versions of us that spend all our time talking about separating men and women with rivers.

felixBC
felixBC

Would this make Minneapolis/St.Paul trans town? ‘Cause that’d be great. I never could figure which side of the Mississippi I was on.

Pecunium

Antz: It is remarkable how much you people can talk without saying anything remotely interesting, to me

FTFY.

And, if we were here for the purpose of entertaining you, that would be a valid complaint.

ATM, however, you are here to entertain us, so, if you don’t mind, some dancing please.

Trollin'MRAs
Trollin'MRAs

“It is remarkable how much you people can talk without saying anything remotely interesting.”

I know right! This whole post is about you, and people are talking about YOU! BOO-RING.

Yeah, we’re talking about you abusing, neglecting, and manipulating your wife. What a snooze!

Bee
Bee

Y’know, you laugh at AntZ (well, I did), but his idea would make a great George Saunders novella. And god knows we need more of those (well, I do).

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Zarat, have you presented your ideas to any radical feminist separatists? I mean many MRAs, by your own admission, don’t consider your ideas feasible or desirable. You won’t discuss them with your wife so it’s safe to presume that you recognize that most men and women are not interested. The resident, evil feminists of this site think you’re ridiculous.

Perhaps you should present your dream to an audience that may be more receptive. There are, of course, no guarantees. But perhaps the denizens of “A Room of Our Own” might be interested, sans mockery. Perhaps MGTOW?

Moewicus
Moewicus

I think it’s remarkable how much Antsy has said while still being so far from reasoning based on evidence or, uh, reason.

VoiP
VoiP

He even went so far as to decide that in the continental United States, men would be east of the Mississippi River while women would be west of the Mississippi River.

Oh, glad that’s settled. I do get access to the Stanford archives after all!

Anyways, if I and all my dude friends don’t like the sound of your utopia, how long before the people who do agree with you, or are just morally fucked enough to be part of your hard core of assistants, decide to force us into compliance?

Your “plan” doesn’t involve how you’d move everyone, how they would eat, where they would live while they’re waiting to be rehoused, how livestock would be fed during the change-over, how factories would be kept going. That’s just handwaved away into the blast furnaces of your monomania. But without paying attention to such things, people die. Even if it were well-managed, a logistic problem of this scale—larger, I think, than any military operation in history—isn’t going to be pleasant. How many people do you estimate would starve to death, just during the migrations alone? Will those dead later be described as Martyrs to the Cause (good) or Our Enemies All Along (the bereaved won’t even be allowed to mourn)?

See, here’s the thing. You think you’re some unique visionary, but really dumb plans that are supposed to improve shit but only end up killing whole swathes of people are common. The past century was full of them. Your craptacular plan is not only wildly beyond the dreams of fantasy, but even if it were feasible it would produce a lot of human misery.

My only question is whether your VR-Topia will look more like a Romanian orphanage, or more like what Snyder described in “Bloodlands”.. Fortunately for us all, if you’re too cowardly not to bail on my question every goddamned time, you’re probably too cowardly to pull the trigger on this plan.

Joanna

Ah VoiP, your rationality does rock my socks =)

mythago

But that’s the whole point of fucknut impossible plans. You can pretend they would have worked because you know they’ll never ever be subjected to real testing.

Can anyone explain to me why AntZ et al *don’t* do the MRA equivalent of “womyn’s land”? Nobody’s stopping them from buying up a ton of property in North Dakota or Wyoming or somewhere and running a guys’-only community.

Joanna

Also, what about mating? Surely that is imperative the human race’s survival. I’d certainly question the quality of the results coming from an artificial womb…

Joanna

“Can anyone explain to me why AntZ et al *don’t* do the MRA equivalent of “womyn’s land”?”

Cos they know they’d be laughed at.

VoiP
VoiP

Ah VoiP, your rationality does rock my socks =)

I’m no smarter than anyone else, I’ve just seen all this shit before. Seriously, you cannot swing a cat through the 20th century without hitting some douchebag who thinks he’s going to bring about the Golden Age but only succeeds in killing a whole lot of people.

VoiP
VoiP

I’m actually going to go with “Romanian orphanage” for the outcome of AntZ’s “plan,” just because i’m compelled by the image of:

a boy huddled on a rotting mattress in the dark—if he’s old enough to qualify for VR, he must have passed puberty, but his spindly frame looks no older than ten. The display helmet over his head hasn’t been maintained in decades, but it still manages to feed pale, jerky images before his eyes: bright water, a glimmer of sunlight, a reaching hand, nails red-tipped. He rubs his own arms to make it feel like someone is touching him and whispers what he’s been taught: “It’s better this way.”

mythago

@Joanna: but they’ll be in Manland far away from the laughing whores, so why would they care? I mean, if they were serious.

@David: it’s never really seriously, though. Which is dumb, because it’s not THAT hard to set up a corporation to buy the land and then sell shares, or whatever. Communes have been doing this stuff forever so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel.

Joanna

“It’s almost as if deep down they realize it’s complete horseshit, and the only way to keep the dream alive is never to try to make it real.”

So they whine on the internet instead =)

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Zarat is a classic Internet warrior, i.e. lazy and cowardly. There are already people of both genders who work to minimize all but the most essential of contact with the opposite sex. Nothing visionary there. And, yes, like any other form of tantrum throwing titty-baby who can’t figure out how civilization actually works, he wants to take his ball and go “home”. Once again, wholly unoriginal.

If he had the courage of his convictions -if this entire idea weren’t little more than cowardice, wrapped in sci-fi, smothered in dumb ass- then he’d gather together like minded men and create his woman-free utopia. Little could be easier as multiple posters have pointed out. But just as that lazy ass NWO poo-poos the notion (and coincidentally the work) of organized boycotts by claiming that such efforts would be futile Zarathustra is wholly unwilling to sacrifice his own happy life and family to prove that his idea really is the answer. Sure the artificial womb and digital love slaves are a ways off technologically. But he has so many of the components necessary to create his vision.

redlocker

“What’s the hold up, Zarat? Get off my grid, gather some MGTOWs and show all of us naysayers!”

I doubt he will actually face this challenge. Easier to be an armchair warrior than to actually do shit, and given the “effort” already espoused by folks like Zarat, they’ll just keep doing the easy stuff.

Now if you excuse me, I will blog on and on about making movies instead of working on making them. 😉

Joanna

MRAs are all talk and no activist! Hahahahaha! Yeah… that was pathetic… >.>

Anthony Zarat

I finally had a chance to see the video. Nice work, polished and professional.

mythago

@Nobimayamu: It reminds me of a conversation that will probably be familiar to anyone with kids:

“Moooom, can you buy me [thing]? It’s so cool and I really REALLY want it!”

“Hm, that’s kind of expensive. How about I pay you to do some extra chores so you can afford it?”

“Never mind. I don’t want it *that* bad.”

ozymandias42

Mythago: I was the kid who did the chores to afford it. In retrospect, that explains a lot. 🙂

Holly Pervocracy

I think it’s screamingly obvious why AntZ doesn’t just start a Man Commune in Montana:

1) He doesn’t take any of this stuff seriously. He’s like a more sinister version of a little kid designing their dream pony ranch–it’s self-evident to any adult that the kid would be completely lost and kind of terrified (and there’d be a lot of dead ponies) if they had the chance to actually execute their plan, but they have fun with it because they know they won’t have to.

2) Then he might miss on his chance to make women say “oh no, please don’t go, we’ll be good now and give you all the cookies and blowjobs you want and never ask for anything again,” which was the real plan all along.

Ms. Crazy Pants
Ms. Crazy Pants

My boyfriend and I already life on opposite sides of the Mississippi, except he lives on the west side and I live on the east. We totally beat everyone to that idea. :-p Unfortunately, the gas for visits starts to add up, which is annoying. We’ve been doing this for a little over 4 years now. It’s going to be probably at least 5 years more before either I or he can move to be in the same area (about 5k more in long-distance relationship expenses just on my side alone, and I’m assuming his is about the same). I can’t imagine how much it would cost if we lived more than 4 hours away from each other.

If the sexes were divided by the river, due to the cost of visiting, I could see all the impoverished people living right on the river’s edge so that it’s easy to go see their significant others, and then the rich would occupy the coast lines and fly. Either that or the poor would just say “the hell with this” and move back in with each other.

A benefit to this is that there would be a market for new industries to deal with the issue of men and women being separated. That could maybe create some new jobs. The whole marriage/bridal industry doesn’t have to go away. Just get married and live on your own side. I’m seeing some money-making potential out of this…now just how to implement this disaster.

I wonder if you mostly only saw the same sex in your day-to-day life if there would be greater acceptance of homosexuality? That could be a plus to this arrangement as well. Guys wouldn’t have to live without femininity in their lives, because they’d still have feminine guys, and on the women’s side, there would still be some masculine girls to add those masculine touches to our side of the Mississippi.

Ok, yes, I’ve put too much thought already into real logistics of how this would work.

filetofswedishfish

Its like these guys forget that the Mississippi doesnt flow all the way from the Arctic ocean or even Like. Hudson bay. How do we divide things north of the US?

Societal Contract
Societal Contract

Its not a bad idea, actually. But a better one is to ship off the entire manosphere to an isolated island and let them make their own way.

Lauralot
Lauralot

I doubt the MRM (or even Antz, deep down) really wants a world segregated from women. They don’t want to be away from women, they want to force women into their ideas of how the gender should behave and then stand around and gloat about their superiority.

But, much like with the segregation idea, they lack the actual initiative to do anything to advance these goals, so instead they whine on the Internet.

mjfgates
mjfgates

I like the “give the manosphere an island” idea. I recommend… Tasmania. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B8omCWBl8s

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Any day now, amiright ladies?

Magpie
Magpie

There’s a bloke at the Melbourne markets who sells tablecloths and t-shirts with detailed maps of Australia on them. The idea is you can show where you come from, or mark where you’ve been. The t-shirts have the eastern states on the front, and WA on the back. The ladies shirts were a bit small to fit the whole map, so he prints Tasmania on matching undies 🙂

Magpie
Magpie

VoiP, your romanian orphanage story was brilliant. It made me cry 🙁
More thoughtfulness in a throwaway paragraph than AntZ has in all his posts put together.

Societal Contract
Societal Contract

An Arab MRA asks, “who says all men are ferocious wolves?”

Orion
Orion
Magpie
Magpie

Orion: lol. great song – and they DO play that song on the radio. 🙂

Anthony Zarat

Does anyone wonder why this article turned out so uninspiring and dull?

A polished video to laugh at …
A straw man to burn …
A prophet to exalt the faithful …

All the parts were in place for a really fun ladies night out.

So, how did it all go so wrong?

I guess poking fun at a minority who are being oppressed near to the breaking point just is not as much fun as it used to be. Also, it is difficult to label a 100% fair and equitable solution “misogynistic”.

I suppose that, in the twisted evil mind of a feminist, when the slaves rebel it is “woman hate.”

Listen up, bigots. We will have our freedom. Do you think that VR technology will not continue to improve?

Men will be free from collective (feminist) violence.
Women will be free from individual (random) violence.

The downside is you feminists will lose your peasant army of serfs.

The days of feminist hatred are numbered. How many years do you have left? Ten? Fifteen? Soon, women and men will be free of feminist hate.

Need to know

Antz- I don’t want a pretend dolly-sweetie to always do whatever I want. I don’t want to play make believe games with an imaginary ‘person’ without free will. I want what I have right now, a loving decades long relationship with an actual person.

Part of what makes being loved matter is *being loved*. Being chosen, being special, mattering to another person- those are not things your holodeck BS will ever be able to give people. Anyone with the emotional intelligence of a toddler knows the difference.

Hell, YOU know the difference.

“Once men and women have access to virtual relationships that completely fill our need for love, compassion, encouragement, friendship, etc, nobody of either gender will have any interest in the risks of real relationships.”

Virtual VS real. Your own words.

Yes, yes, yes, your VR sweetie can never leave you. And what exactly is that worth? It’s got nothing to do with you, it’s the way it’s made. It could be turned off just like any other appliance.

Your wife, your actual real human breathing living wife, is there by choice. She chooses you, and you choose her. And your pipe dream for your sons is to deny them that wonder, that gift of choosing and being chosen and in its place you offer them… an appliance. A gadget with no free will is your hope for your children?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Yes a real human being might leave. They might stop loving you. They might rob a bank or otherwise commit some crime you could not ignore. Hell, they might get sick or get hit by a bus. So might you.

That’s called real life. You should try it.

Doctress Ju'ulia

‘Joanna, Jeannine, and Janet have arrived in Jael’s world which is experiencing a 40-year old war between male and female societies. Jael explains that she works for the Bureau of Comparative Ethnology, an organization that concentrates on people’s various counterparts in different parallel worlds. She reveals that she is the one who brought all of them together because they are essentially “four versions of the same woman” (p. 162). Jael takes all of them with her into enemy territory because she appears to be negotiating a deal with one of the male leaders. At first, the male leader appears to be promoting equality, but Jael quickly realizes that he still believes in the inferiority of women. Jael reveals herself as a ruthless assassin, kills the man, and shuttles all of the women back to her house. Jael finally tells the other women why she has assembled all of them. She wants to create bases in the other women’s worlds without the male society knowing and eventually empower women to overthrow oppressive men and their gender roles for women.’

🙂 Feminist sci-fi is good.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

Zarat, TL;DR

Fatman
Fatman

Anthony, a virtual relationship could never replace a real one precisely because there is no risk. The virtual partner could never challenge you, could never cause you to strive to better yourself, nor better itself. You would never be surprised by your partner, never be amused by it. You could never help your virtual partner, and it could never teach you.

Would you feel encouraged by agreement or adoration that you had programed? I know that I would not. It seems like in order for virtual relationship to have meaning they would have to be with true artificial intelligences, and if they were with true artificial intelligences, they would no longer free of the risk of rejection, as the AI could break up with you.

I suppose what I am getting at is this: why would you want to be in a romantic relationship with someone or something that was compelled to be in that relationship? What could you possibly get out of it?

darksidecat

Zarat, so go dump your wife and marry a furby, nobody’s stopping you. Also, wtf do you mean by “collective violence”? Being held legally accountable as the perp of a violent crime? (Even then, male on male crime results in more convictions per year) And how individualized is the societal violent system against women de facto? You seem to be conflating interpersonal and individualized there, even giving you the most generous reading.

Bee
Bee

Does anyone wonder why this article turned out so uninspiring and dull?

Nah. Largely because it’s not. I can see why the person whose stupid words are being mocked would want to frame it that way, though.

And by “minority,” you mean the crackpots who agree with you and want to be sequestered away from the ladies in your eastern land, a ferry ride or a bridge-crossing away from all the vaginas? Nah, it’s always fun to poke fun at the deeply stupid.

Unless of course it entails finding women so abhorrent that you would bid all men secede from their company, hating being in the company of free women, etc. Then it’s shockingly easy.

Magpie
Magpie

Ant, see this: “Women will be free from individual (random) violence.”

Now, see this: http://www.theherald.com.au/news/national/national/general/mystery-as-mum-daughter-die-in-peakhour-horror/2286960.aspx

(News story about a teenage girl apparently murdered by her mother)

chocomintlipwax

I always thought a bicoastal marriage would be swell. There’s almost nothing (maybe nothing) I find positive about marriage. Especially having to live with another person. Sharing a bedroom would be right out the window–I don’t sleep at all when I have to sleep in the same bed as someone else. Same room is similarly difficult. I have enough trouble falling asleep by myself. Other people outside, in the house I live in, driving by, they all make too much damn noise.

*lightbulb*

Say … how about you all go live on one side of the Mississippi and I’ll just live on the other. I think that might work out.

Joanna

“Does anyone wonder why this article turned out so uninspiring and dull?”

Everyone’s having fun here instead of you. Really, if you can’t laugh at yourself then why are you even here?

VoiP
VoiP

Does anyone wonder why this article turned out so uninspiring and dull?

No, I’m wondering if Futrelle can be persuaded to put you on probation until you answer me and Nobinamayu.

Sci-fi from the 70s must be full of the “different versions of the same person” trope. It’s like a feminist Eternal Champion story.

blitzgal

Considering that, as we discussed on a previous thread, the vast majority of violence committed against men is committed by other men, you will not be free from fear if you all ostracize yourselves from women. In fact, we already have all-male environments that we can look at to confirm that violence and sexual predation will not disappear if you remove women. They’re called prisons.