creepy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA rapey reddit statutory rape apologists

Again with the 14-year-old girls

Was Aqualung a Men's Rights Redditor?

So a bunch of the regulars on Reddit’s Men’s Rights subreddit have their collective knickers in a twist about dudes getting called “pedophiles” just for saying they think 14-year old girls are hot. Because that’s “ephebephilia,” dontchaknow, not pedophilia! And besides, thingsarebad argues

That’s pretty much “eww.” But so is the rest of the discussion, really, from this “joke” about all women being as immature as children to this heavily upvoted claim that feminists have created a “pedo-scare … to criminalize healthy and normal male sexuality,” to  this Evo-Psych-flavored argument for lowering the age of consent.

Is it just me or are dudes who get indignant when people don’t carefully distinguish between ephebephilia and pedophilia just really really creepy?

Is “the right to lust after underage girls without having to feel icky about it” really a Men’s Rights issue? Why this preoccupation with 14-year-old girls, on r/mensrights and Reddit generally?

shaenon

mayfly
mayfly

TAB, you keep on going on about all these “obvious” things, but you haven’t given us any actual evidence. Please show us some scientific studies that prove “women are far more “inspired” (turned on by) power or ambition.” No, a made-up conclusion about homeless rates doesn’t count. No, a 100-year-old disaster doesn’t count. No, just asserting something and saying it’s obvious doesn’t count. I would be far more convinced by real, actual, evidence gathered by real, actual scientists showing that women are inherently more status-focused than men, and that this is independent of say, social factors that reduce women’s ability to gather money or status of their own.

Things Are Bad

“So, TAB, your fiancee knows that you consider her a “privileged little girl” who shouldn’t have the same legal rights as a man”

Actually, my fiancee is well aware of her privileges, and believes, just as I do, that women should have the same legal rights as men. Sadly, they do not, seeing as women are given far more lenient sentences for all crimes than men. Look up the sentencing disparity or look at the sentencing of female teachers who sexually abuse children if you somehow disagree in error.

To be honest, I’m disappointed that someone as intoxicated as I currently am can so thoroughly destroy your flimsy (presumably sober) arguments.

“and that you plan to cheat on her regularly”

You see, men *are* naturally polygamous, but that doesn’t mean I have to sleep with other women. I find my woman vastly superior to other women, in fact. I will not apologize, however, for occasionally masturbating to other women due to my natural male desire for other women’s bodies. The fact that so many American women are untrustworthy, diseased whores, certailnly helps. My fiancee is the only woman I will *ever* make love to, my dear.

mayfly
mayfly

Actually, I take it back. You’re just mindlessly parroting the same old tired MRA talking points, which is boring and really not worth arguing against.

Good luck finding that harem of twelve-year-olds you’re just naturally driven to seek out!

Things Are Bad

“Well, I’m convinced. This guy should definitely be allowed to fuck middle-schoolers.”

I have no such desire. Straw man anyone?

@mayfly

“I would be far more convinced by real, actual, evidence”

Good on you my dear! Please feel free to circumnavigate the world of men’s rights so that you may thoroughly understand the problem of misandry.

See you on the other side, toots.

Yoon

Who wants to bet TAB’s fiancee is inflatable?

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

TAB is drunk and from thespearhead? Lol

shesaidwut
shesaidwut

Things Are Bad:

Did you by any chance go to the same history classes as NWO? Because it seems like historical fact bounces off of you as effectively as it bounces off of him.

“Women *are* viewed as human beings, and they always have been.”

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Oh, sweet delusional misogynist. That is some funny shit right there. And by “funny” I mean “completely out of touch with reality”.

In ancient Greece and Rome, women were chattel. No arguments here– they. were. End of story. In what way is that even remotely viewing women as human beings? They were walking (but not far from the loom/stove/etc, mind you), talking (but never speaking their minds) wombs, important only in that they allowed men to have sons.

Or are you implying that a woman’s ability to pop out sprogs is what makes her human? Surely you’re not that vile.

TRIGGER WARNING like whoa for this next one, everyone. Seriously.

After the death of Genghis Khan, his son Ogodei (who had taken his place as Great Khan) perpetrated one of the most horrific acts of the time and especially in Mongol history. To strike at his sisters, to whom Genghis Khan left large portions of his empire (portions that they, incidentally, had been successfully ruling for years), Ogodei had his soldiers round up 4000 girls aged 7 and up. From these, the noble girls were divided out, stripped and raped, in front of their families, by every single soldier. Two of these girls died, and the rest the soldiers divided amongst themselves for later use.

Those girls that weren’t raped were confiscated–yeah, you know, that thing that’s usually done to objects, not people–and given away. The less attractive girls were given into lives of sexual servitude, and the ones who were unfit to serve were simply left to be carried off by whomever could find a use for them.

This, by the way, completely violated Genghis Khan’s laws on how women should be treated, which outlawed among other things rape, kidnapping, and–OMG, brace yourself for this one, dude–having sex with them before they were 16. Age of consent laws: Not just a modern concept.

The idea that women were “always” viewed as humans because our reproductive system is invaluable to the survival of the species is absurd. Your car might be vital to you getting to work on time, but you don’t view it as human. All too often in history, women have been treated the same way — a useful tool, a prize, a possession, but not a human. Even in times when women have been treated as human, inevitably men (yes, men) have turned on them, at times with utter brutality, to strip them of what power they’d gained. People don’t do that to those they view as human.

So what was that about always?

One last thing: I don’t think I speak for only myself here when I say escaping the Titanic or the Draft simply because my womb is useful does not make me feel particularly like I’m being treated like an equal human being.

Things Are Bad

“Bwahahahahahahahaha. Oh, sweet delusional misogynist. That is some funny shit right there.”

To be honest, I ignored everything else you said after your blatant disregard for men with your implication that men have always viewed women as less than human. As a man who views his fiancee as an equal, I find this extremely disrespectful and sexist. If you ever ventured into the real world, you would realize that men care for women deeply; fuck, most of them even care for women they don’t know – they protect them without asking anything in return.

Your sick hatred for men disgusts me, and I’m sorry that due to your hatred I can’t read any of the rest of your comment. Please, next time, try not to display your hatred so openly, as it honestly makes me not only sad, but sick.

Yoon

To be honest, saying that women have always been viewed as humans when women had no legal personhood or citizenship in Ancient Greece, were banned from politics in Ancient Rome, had to give ownership of any possessions to their husbands until the mid-1800s, and were considered to be automatically consenting to their husband to any sex at any time no matter what they actually wanted (marital rape was only made illegal in the 80s and 90s) is extraordinarily short-sighted. Either TAB has had a very poor education indeed or his male privilege just allows him to be shortsighted on such matters.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

Things Are Bad

“TAB is drunk and from thespearhead? Lol”

Oh, I *am* drunk right now, and freely admit it. Funny how I am more coherent than most here, though I’m sure you would deny it.

As far as being “from The Spearhead”, no. I do follow The Spearhead, and I have contributed to The Spearhead, but I am not “from the Spearhead”, which, as I am rather intelligent, mind you, I understand you to mean that I am a frequent commenter there, characteristic of “those misogynistic bastards”. Sadly, that’s not true. I rarely comment at The Spearhead, and I’m not a misogynist.

Things Are Bad

“To be honest, saying that women have always been viewed as humans when women had no legal personhood or citizenship in Ancient Greece, were banned from politics in Ancient Rome, had to give ownership of any possessions to their husbands until the mid-1800s”

So you’re saying women today have absolutely nothing to complain about? I agree.

“@ mayfly, exactly, he is just parroting the low IQ version of the typical MRA script, he is not interested in (or capable of?) debate at all.”

Always in the 99th percentile, I laugh at the notion that I have a low IQ. It’s a cheap shop, and perhaps you’ll convince your fellow misandrists, but it doesn’t hurt someone who was summa cum laude at a top engineering university and has *always* been the top of his class, sillypants.

Things Are Bad

^Cheap shot. Even geniuses are fallible, my dears.

shesaidwut
shesaidwut

You see, TAB, this is why you’re in idiot. Because you chose to decide I’d said men have always viewed women as less than human, instead of what I actually said — that being that the idea of women having “always” been viewed as human by men, which is not the same thing, is absurd — you completely missed my actual point. Not that it would have supported your ridiculous claims.

The hatred and disrespect here is certainly not coming from me. You’re the one who dismissed everything I said based on what you IMAGINED I was saying. If you actually had some respect for women, which you clearly don’t, you would have read what I wrote and seen this:

“Genghis Khan may have treated women as human beings but his sons, in their lust for power, treated women as no better than animals.”

That is directly contradictory to what you’re accusing me of saying. If I was implying that men have always viewed women as less than human, how could I possibly praise Genghis Khan for his treatment of women? I couldn’t, obviously.

I strongly doubt you treat your fiancee as an equal, since you’re in the practice of completely dismissing what women say before they even say it based on perceived slights. When a person only hears what they want to hear, treating other people as equals is impossible for them.

Now, since I’m so relieved I’m not married to you, I’m going to go give my husband a hug and a kiss. Because I hate men so very, very much. All men. Even my husband. Who I have sex with. Who I’ve been with for four years. Wow, man, your logic is breaking down pretty fiercely now, isn’t it?

I think it’s clear who’s the sick one here.

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

What’s the matter TAB? You are seesawing, or “hamstering”? You started out full of machismo but are now going all SNAG on us! Is it because noone is upvoting your swagger?

Yoon

No, TAB, that’s not what I’m saying. It’s also not what the discussion was about, though I see you can’t actually rebut my argument since your original point (that, and I quote, “Women *are* viewed as human beings, and they always have been”) has been completely destroyed. Stop moving the goal posts. Take responsibility for what you write.

Flib
Flib

TAB, your an ignorant poser. You have proven you don’t have a historical clue and have avoided providing any iota of data to further reinforce your “naturalistic” claims. You and Owlsave really have got to stop trying to bump yourself up as internet tough guys. I thought one was bad enough when he can’t do math and claims himself as an engineer. But your just fucking bad at history.

JUANDELACRUZ
JUANDELACRUZ

“If you update your view of the world to 2011 you’ll find we don’t really care anymore.”

Among the upper classes of the really rich countries of Europe and the Anglosphere? Yes.

Everywhere else? The traditional rules still do very much apply.

Things Are Bad

“I strongly doubt you treat your fiancee as an equal, since you’re in the practice of completely dismissing what women say before they even say it based on perceived slights.”

Actually, I completely dismiss what stupid people say, whether they are female or not. 🙂

Oh, Yoonie, I take full responsibility for what I write. Do you? Do you think misrepresenting what I said is some sort of triumph? Pathetic. :/

“But your just fucking bad at history.”

My just fucking bad at history? I think you mean “I’m” just fucking bad at history. Next time, try “you’re”, smartypants. Other than that, your babble flew over my head; sorry, but I don’t speak idiot.

Things Are Bad

Could someone else please entertain my drunken ass while I wait to be able to post my comments at reddit/2x?

Your foolish responses sustain me!

shesaidwut
shesaidwut

“Actually, I completely dismiss what stupid people say, whether they are female or not.”

It must make for strange conversations, then, having to dismiss every word that comes out of your own mouth.

Yoon

Juan, I’m not upper class. I’m a lower middle class British girl. And I know what I and my friends think and feel much better than you, some stranger on the internet, do. Don’t tell me what I value.

Flib
Flib

Lyn
Lyn

“Oh, God Damn right you are privileged, you stupid cunt. Imagine the response if you were a man and I had just called you a stupid dick. Lackluster. But boy, I called you a stupid cunt, and just because you are a man-hating twat! I must be a misogynist, who hates women only! No, bitch, women *are* privileged, and you love it.”

Ah, the privilege. Really feeling it atm.

I’d point out that calling someone a cunt is so terrible becuase women and vaginas are often considered bad – this is why it is a grave insult to call anyone (not just women) a cunt. By contrast, penises have largely been considered the most awesome thing ever – read Freud lately? – so calling someone a dick doesn’t have the same punch. This isn’t right, I don’t like it. I think that using ‘dick’ and ‘cunt’ to insult people is juvenile. And, seriously, I like both penises and vaginas and don’t think devaluing them is a good idea.

Also, I’m not big on the man-hating. I freaking love my partner, from little things like the way he says ‘bye’ with two syllables, to our shared love of fantasy literature, to his being confident enough in his masculinity that he isn’t threatened by my being a feminist. Also, he’s great in bed. And hot.

And, to be fair, I do enjoy many privileges. I am white, lower-middle class, and live in Australia. It’s lovely having privileges that mean I can eat nice food, have nice things, etc. I am less impressed by the fact that my privileges are partly at the expense of lower class people, indigenous people etc., and in my general ‘hey, lets not be a jerk!’ approach to life, I do what I can to help mitigate the suffering of others through donating to charities and trying to fit volunteering into my schedule.

Things Are Bad

To be honest, I’m quite disappointed in the quality of the responses here. Even a drunk bastard pwns you bitches. It’s like I’m Paul Elam pwning the shit out of David Futrelle. It’s pathetic and sad, really.

blitzgal

Late to the conversation, but Things Are Bad is a moron. He falls into the common evo-psych bullshit that attempts to legitimize men cheating by claiming it’s “natural” for men but that women are “naturally” attracted to status. This has been debunked time and time again if you bothered to look at actual research. In the most general terms, women may be attracted to status and wealth in order to ensure that their offspring will have the means to survive, but when it comes to sex, they are just as likely as men to want to spread themselves around. Again, this is in order to make sure that their offspring has the best chance to survive.

If a woman latches herself onto one guy and he ends up having some kind of time bomb in his genes, then all of her children are screwed. She has just as much drive as your basic guy to make sure that she gets many different genetic types into her children as possible. We wouldn’t have the term “cuckhold” if this wasn’t true. And if you seriously believe that we need to stop demonizing men because it is completely natural for them to want to fuck everything pretty young thing in sight, then you must also believe that we need to stop demonizing women for wanting to fuck every sexy hardbody that walks by. Otherwise, you’re just a hypocrite and a liar.

Things Are Bad

“TAB, I still don’t see any actual facts. Come on, mr. “99th percentile”. Actual use that supposed all powerful brain. Back up the fake shit you’ve been saying.”

What exactly would you like me to do, my dear? I’m not a liar. My transcript shows I’m summa cum laude. I’ve always been the top of my class. Would you like some stories? Like how I got the highest score on the first exam in a mechanical engineering 200 level course, even though I am not a mechanical engineer, and achieved a median score in the same course, hungover so God damn badly that I felt like death, and finished with an A in the class? Like how I slept through most of my stats classed and aced it? Like how I graduated summa cum laude? Like how I was the brains of almost every project I participated in in college? Like how I contributed to the success of one of the most important products of a major agricultural company? Please.

Things Are Bad

For some reason the following comment was in moderation:

To be honest, I’m quite disappointed in the quality of the responses here. Even a drunk bastard pwns you bitches. It’s like I’m Pauly Elammy pwning the shit out of Davidy Futrelleyyelle. It’s pathetic and sad, really.

The link to the A Voice for Men article on Domestic Violence and Futrelleyyelle’s utter failure is in moderation: hm, wonder why?

Things Are Bad

Apparently my comments are in moderation, girlfriends, so I’m afraid I’ll have to move on to other venues. G’day!

Flib
Flib

Oh look, more made up stories TAB! It’s fiction time!! You are but such a wonderful fantasy story teller! But I have to say, the stories seem to have only a Marty Stu in them. Anyone with literary experience would point out that that gets boring after awhile. Be more creative man.

So, who are you going to pretend to be? I’m waiting eagerly.

shesaidwut
shesaidwut

Bye, TAB! Be sure to let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, sweetie. <3

Lyn
Lyn

So, Things Are Bad. You and I clearly have a different understanding of ‘argument’. You appear to think that it is about demonstrating how smart you are. (FYI – skills at one thing are not necessarily skills at another – the ability to do well in an engineering course or at stats does not actually mean that you forever and for all time no matter what you say are engaging in intelligent argument. See: calling someone a cunt for disagreeing with you). See, I thought that arguments were about actually discussing a point, putting forward a point and defending it against rebuttals. If the rebuttals make sense, you incorporate them into your argument.

Basically, if you demonstrate your intelligence that is incidental to the actual argument, not the point of it. If you argue to prove your intelligence, that makes it juvenile posturing, rather than an argument. This may not be what you’re here for, but it is implied by your comment.

Yoon

TAB, we’re not interested in hearing the “proof” of how great you were in college. What we’re interested in is citations for the claims you’ve been making here in this thread (like that little nugget about half of rape accusations being false).

I guess they didn’t teach you reading comprehension back at college however many years ago.

Lyn
Lyn

Naw, our dancing troll has gone. 🙁

Jill the Spinster
Jill the Spinster

It’s always interesting to read the thoughts of the different MRAs who come and visit here. In some ways I can understand the bitter divorcees, fathers and dateless/sexless, but what of the fatherless, non divorced, dating MRAS like TAB?He firstly established himself as a self confessed attractive lad, who has a fiancé, thus distancing himself from the creepy, ugly, sexless MRAs.

What brought him to the MRA websites I wonder?

Things Are Bad

There are plenty of indications that half of all rape accusations are false, Futrelle.

Lyn
Lyn

Care to cite any, TAB?

blitzgal

Regarding this ridiculous contention that women’s suffrage was no big deal because “most men” couldn’t vote either, the land owning requirement for white men was abolished in the early 19th century. Women still couldn’t vote for another hundred years. Black men still couldn’t vote until 1870. But yes, let’s go on about how white men are the ones who are actually oppressed.

Things Are Bad

Boom – another comment I made regarding the author of this site and his pathetic attempts and fighting the arguments of another MRA were ultimately defeated was censored. Pathetic, indeed.

Things Are Bad

LOLOLOL I swear to god my last statment was merely malE lauP in reverse. The author of this site is so pathetic that he censors any comment that mentions malE lauP (in reverse)! go ahead, try to mention him.

statement^

JUANDELACRUZ
JUANDELACRUZ

Is this the Britain where a large number of their young people, primarily lower and middle classes, both lads and lasses of all races, recently decided had a week(s)-long wilding all across the Island, primarily because they were extremely pissed that they couldn’t afford expensive brand-name luxury goods (which already constituted the very nadir of poverty to them) and decided to acquire said goods extra-judicially? THAT BRITAIN? Hah, I assure you, what you think passes for “lower-middle” in your country is actually already “upper-middle” in many other countries, based on my own personal experience.

Things Are Bad

Don’t expect entitled princesses to actually listen to you, Juan. They’re too enamored of their misandry.

qwert666
qwert666

“Normal heterosexual males will generally have sexual attraction for pubescent females of child-bearing age, from puberty till they start to get old and gross (late 20s, early 30s usually haha).”

I’d say that the latter half of this sentence is a bit off, at least for me anyway. There are plenty of women late 20’s to early 30’s whom I find attractive. But the first part:

“Normal heterosexual males will generally have sexual attraction for pubescent females of child-bearing age”

I think I can understand what he means here. I think it also important to note the distinction between ephebophilia which is a sexual PREFERENCE for adolescents and what I’m going to describe below.

I think that the current age of consent laws in my country (16) are necessary in order to protect children from the kinds of men and women who intentionally seek out sexual relationships with children, or teenagers who are not on the same level of emotional or intellectual development as them (these would be the ephebophiles or pedophiles). But I think there’s a massive difference between me wanting to have a sexual relationship or encounter with a fourteen year old (whom I know to be fourteen) and me finding a fourteen year old physically attractive.

When you take into account the fact that different girls go through puberty at different ages and rates and that quite often you have girls over the age of sixteen who look younger than some who are under sixteen it only complicates the issue. Add to this the fact that many of these under sixteen year olds wear clothing and makeup which make them appear older than they are and it becomes even more difficult to distinguish between them visually. It can’t really be as easy to say that a man being physically attracted to an 18 year old is fine and dandy but the same man being attracted to a 14 year old is creepy, if in fact the 14 year old looks 18 and the 18 year old looks 14.

But the attraction I’m specifically talking about here would be on a purely biological or physical level. As I’m a man, not an animal, there are more things about a woman that attract me to her than just her appearance. I’d have very little in common with, or find interesting about most 18 year olds, let alone a 14 year old.

A purely anecdotal point but when I was back in school most of the girls my age were dating boys/men who were much older than I was. There were only a select few boys of their age whom these girls were prepared to date. It could be the case that these girls were simply not attracted to these particular boys, or even possibly were being manipulated or coerced in some way by the older boys/men, but I personally believe it was more likely because these boys/men had jobs and cars and were able to take them out to places which I, and others like me, wouldn’t be able to do.

As to whether or not this is a men’s rights issue: only in that it could be seen as shaming men for something which is, in my view, biologically driven.

Pam
Pam

Shorter TAB:

I graduated summa cum laude from one of the top engineering universities, so alls I need to know about history I can learn from Paul Elam.

P.S. Oh, btw, did I mention how I graduated summa cum laude from one of the top engineering universities?

Yoon

Juan, you obviously know nothing about the riots. I don’t want to steer the subject away and on to them, but my city was affected by them. My flat is in the city centre. I sat and listened to the sound of police helicopters, breaking glass, screaming people, and sirens outside. Let me tell you something: those riots were about a lot more than just people wanting to loot luxury goods. A lot more. You don’t understand, so be quiet.