antifeminism creepy douchebaggery evil women misogyny MRA penises reactionary bullshit that's not funny! the spearhead

David K. Meller on women getting cancer: “HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!”

Not reallly the appropriate response to someone else getting cancer.

Those of you who aren’t regular readers of the comments here may not appreciate the true genius of David K. Meller, an excitable and exclamation-point-loving MRA I’ve mentioned once or twice in my posts, but who shows up in the comments here with some regularity – ending each comment with his trademark “PEACE AND FREEDOM!!”

Mr. Meller is a great lover (not physically) of men:

Men, by and large, are a wonderful sex! We are more intelligent than women, more creative, at least in the areas outside the home. We are, also, as a rule, physically stronger as well …

He claims to love women, too – though not feminists, whom he seems to consider something other than human:

Women ARE people, and often wonderful people at that! Feminists, on the other hand, AREN’T! …

Women are people, and properly raised, educated, and loved,, are beautiful, charming, and lovely!

Despite his alleged love of women – at least the non-feminist ones – he often says utterly horrible things about them. The examples are too numerous to catalogue. But let me draw your attention to one rather telling comment of his I found recently on The Spearhead.

In the midst of a discussion of Sharon Osbourne’s now notorious comments about a woman who cut off her husband’s penis, Meller offered the following musings on the subject of women and cancer. I am having trouble finding much love of women in them:

It is .. possible that the breast cancers (not to mention ovarian and vaginal cancers) have a psychosomatic aspect to their development. … The feelings of vicious sadism, brutality, and callous indifference to another’s pain in such harpies must inexorably work on the molecular, genetic, and cellular level to generate consequences! I hope that you girls find these consequences as hilarious as I do when you annoy me with your next women’s health campaign against cancer!

Maybe women don’t strictly speaking, DESERVE cancer, but it will be hard for me to stop laughing at them …

Isn’t the thought of cancer-ridden women going under the knife amusing? Isn’t thought of women losing part, or all, of a sexual organ that is precious to them FUNNY? The pain women experience when recovering from surgery (and radiation or chemo, which is almost as bad) is still less than the agony which that poor man underwent when he underwent castration at the hands of a deranged, sadistic, and vicious she-weasel (my apologies to weasels)!

[F]or every man who is abused and tortured by his woman, it almost warms my heart that the same hatred and spite characteristic of the female human(?) sets THEM up for a similar fate down the road, as that bitterness, vicious sadism, and bloodthirstiness so characteristic of those who would LAUGH AT the suffering caused by a “woman” committing such a vicious crime predisposes them toward cancer, and (I hope) a similar fate!

Karma is always there, girls, and it is a bitch!! HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

David K. Meller

That “PEACE AND FREEDOM!!!” always gets me.

This being The Spearhead, Meller’s comments garnered more than a few upvotes. Not as many as he usually gets, admittedly, but some.

At some point I will do a Best of David K. Meller post, highlighting some of his “best” comments here. He is one for the ages.

hellkell
hellkell

Meller, learn to read or use the search function.

PEACE, FREEDOM, AND A MOTHERFUCKING CLUE,

Hellkell

Debbie

Hey Meller…You are an asshole and a liar….all the feminist on this site were outraged by the view and were sending in complaints….NSWATM was even mentioned in a national newspaper….The fact is YOU just hate women and want to see them suffer….you’re a psychopath.

Debbie

oops sorry the Talk

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

DKM, did you read the same comments I did? You say nobody here condemned Katherine Becker’s crime or Sharon Osbourne’s comments on The Talk. Here is a list of quotes from this comments section, since you must have overlooked them.

Tabby Lavalamp said ,

“It was a horrible, violent crime and there is no excusing the women who made light of it.”

Bee said,

“ Sharon Osborne’s comments about the poor man who’s wife cut off his penis are completely despicable. Shame on her.”

Nobinayamu said,

“Did you know that many of the feminists on this very site actively participated in protests and petitions of the comments on “The Talk”, specifically calling out the misandry of the hosts in question and held the studio directly responsible? In fact, NSWATM was referenced in an article on the Washington Post.

Nearly every poster here expressed condemnation and outrage over what happened on the show. You know what’s ironic? NWO said that, as feminists, there was no amount of outrage we could express, boycotts/petitions/protests we could form or participate in, and no amount of disagreement we could firmly state that would change anything. He said that protesting, and boycotting, and working for change were pointless because misandry is so dominant in the culture that we are complicit even when we work to address it.”
Red Locker said,
“It’s been stated multiple times, and with links, that feminists did not like what occurred on The Talk. Men, women and feminists were offended by it.”

Wisteria said,
“It was disgusting when Sharon Osbourne, the other hosts, and the audience laughed at what happened to that poor man. It’s disgusting when Meller does something similar.”

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

David K. Meller, maybe you should change your signature to say

HATE AND BULLSHIT!!
David K. Meller

cynickal
cynickal

Not ONE measly comment, not ONE remark, not ONE condemnation, not one bit of notice, here among my many fans in manboobz.com of the issue that I was replying to–all too inadaquately

I, personally, felt it was all too inadequate to bother to respond to.

PRICE OF FREEDOM!!!

bekabot
bekabot

For the record:

What I don’t think is that cancer (or any other Very Bad Thing, FTM) comes about as punishment for misbehavior. It’s not that simple. What I do think is that people’s bodily ailments do have something to do with their “spirits” (I use that word for lack of a better one) if only b/c bodily ailments have to do with the body and b/c the body has to do with the “spirit”. I, for example, have rheumatism, and have had it for most of my life. (The symptoms started to show up when I was 22, which is bizarre: way too early.) And I find that, psychologically, I can’t bend. One of my very close male relatives, a man who is now dead, caught malaria in the South Pacific during his WWII service, and lived with it until he died decades later, and I never thought it was too fanciful for me to see his profound mood swings, which were otherwise concealed by his stoical demeanor, mirrored in high temperatures and chills.

This is a society which is intent in scourging the sinfulness out of bums, so that the verdict society levies against anybody who has the bad judgement to get sick tends to be an unfavorable one. That person must have been careless; that person must have done something wrong. (It’s all their own fault.) That is not the way I think. Nevertheless, I suspect that our illnesses and predicaments are part of who we are, even if they’re not a part we’re as eager to own as our successes and triumphs.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@bekabot:

The only part I can agree with is that symptoms and behavior can be correlated. There is no such thing as a “spirit” or “soul,” but our minds are a product of our physical brains, which act as controllers for the rest of the body. In that sense, it isn’t to hard to think what you think can affect how you are.

But this says nothing about causality; it’s just as easy to imagine that how you are affects how you think. And we have solid evidence for the outside contagions and influences that make us sick. So postulating that people who are sick somehow caused it (and are therefore responsible for it) is at best an unknown, and at worst harmful. It’s the very attitude that says if you somehow made it happen, it is your fault and you are to blame. It’s why victim blaming is so harmful; implying that the victim “caused” their tragedy is essentially blaming them instead of their abusers, no matter how much you may assert otherwise.

… Ooh, DKM changed up his last bit… Eh, still dull.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

DKM to world: I meant to do that.

HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!

VoiP
VoiP

DKM:

If even a thousand, or five hundred, or two hundred so-called women feel the agony, both physical and psychological, of what those unfortunate men felt while being castrated, justice will be served!

So…one man gets castrated and you want a thousand women to suffer in his stead. Lovely.

MY CAT AND MY BOYFRIEND’S CAT,
VoiP

bekabot
bekabot

“So postulating that people who are sick somehow caused it (and are therefore responsible for it) is at best an unknown, and at worst harmful.”

Well, I specifically denied that that’s what I do think; if you refuse to believe me, there’s nothing I can do about it. I agree with you that there’s no evidence for the existence of a soul, though there’s no evidence against it either. Perhaps I should have used a word like “identity” instead?

I’m not certain that the brain is the controller for the rest of the body since there’s some evidence that certain basal bodily responses, like the response of fear or even the response of awe, start to kick in before the “personality” fabricated by the brain becomes conscious of them. In other words, if you’re walking through the woods and a bear starts plunging towards you through the underbrush with no warning, your heart will begin to hammer, your mouth will go dry, your eyes will dilate, and your blood will sink away from your extremities toward your major organs before you have time to think “Gee, I’m scared”. (There’s an obvious survival value in this: under extremely threatening circumstances your best chance of staying alive might lie in being able to react before you can think.)

Given extreme conditions, “how you are” might well affect “how you think”. Why, then, might “how you are” not affect “how you think” under less extreme conditions as well? Is biological causality a street which only runs one way? I’m only introducing the idea that maybe it isn’t as a possibility. It’s too bad that this society is so obsessed with the laying of blame; that among other things prevents many possibilities (some of which are going to turn out to be blind allies, others not) from being explored.

morethinking

“DKM to world: I meant to do that.

HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!”

Yeah, pretty much.

He sure is digging a hole for himself, first saying that we haven’t said anything about The Talk (when we have been doing so since…forever), and that he’s convinced that people “not doing enough” about women who somehow embody the dreaded “Valerie Solanas” stereotype (of which there isn’t any in Mainstream Feminism, and even if one does find people who celebrate her, they’re too scattered and too bitter to make any change in the world).

Really, it’s like he’s setting himself up so he can throw all the tantrums he wants and not be called out on it.

VoiP
VoiP

Rheumatic diseases are connective tissue disorders. Malaria is a protist infection. Both of these conditions are extremely widespread, so when you focus on one person with rheumatism who thinks like X, or one person with malaria who feels like Y, you are missing the literally millions of people who have these conditions and don’t behave in ways that mirror their physical symptoms. If all the 225 million people who have malaria had profound mood swings, someone would have noticed by now.

bekabot
bekabot

“If all the 225 million people who have malaria had profound mood swings, someone would have noticed by now.”

They don’t need to have had profound mood swings, only something which rendered them susceptible to the disease (not something which rendered them guilty of contracting the disease).

VoiP
VoiP

Except testing these hypotheses has to involve more than posing intriguing “what if” scenarios, otherwise you will end up with a lot of blind alleys. The reason immunologists and oncologists, etc, don’t believe that the way you think influences what diseases you get in any sort of consistent way is that, in all probability, a hundred years ago someone introduced the possibility and other people spent decades testing it and finally found out that it’s not really significant.

VoiP
VoiP

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

If you’re trying to suggest that the autonomic nervous system can influence the immune system, then yes, that’s a thing. But everything else you’ve said is total bullshit. :p

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Yeah, they didn’t have mosquito nets or a lone copy of the gene for sickle cell anemia. Or did you mean something woo-ish instead? 9_9

akwhitney
akwhitney

So the fact that I got RA at five years old was my fault? Because I was brattier than the average kindergartener? I wasn’t. Angrier? I wasn’t. I deserved that? Really?
Fuck you for saying that. Fuck you, infinity plus one.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Said DKM: Not ONE measly comment, not ONE remark, not ONE condemnation,

Said I: No, rejoicing in the very real suffering of another human being rates about a 10 on my personal vileness meter. Thus, what Osbourne did was vile as all fuck (who the hell makes fun of domestic violence?). I don’t know what that poor man went through, but I hope he can find the peace and respite he needs. Thus, also, gloating at the thought of a person going through cancer treatment is vile as all fuck. This, I have some experience with (from the outside) and can say with all honesty that I would not wish cancer treatment on anyone. Ever.

So, are you a liar or an anal haberdasher? Hells, let’s not be limiting, you could be both!

CANCER IS NOT FUCKING FUNNY! REAL people suffer from it every single fucking day, people who have not done a bloody thing to you, to MRAs, or even to feminists. Cancer doesn’t fucking care. Try pulling your head out of your ass and remembering that every once in awhile.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

“So if one man gets castrated, you want a thousand women to suffer in his stead. Lovely”
Voip @17 August 2011 at 3:37pm

It wasn’t just this “one man”, Voip. Every few months (or even oftener) we are treated to what passes as entertainment, of men suffering horribly at the hands of women. The stabbings and shootings, the false rape accusations, the dismissal from livelihoods which some of these men had worked their ENTIRE ADULT LIVES, the divorces instigated by wives who just want to :find themselves” while bankrupting the ex, rendering him homeless, and (permanently) alienating him from his children are just a few of other ways which men are horribly victimized by such vindictive, spiteful, poisonous feminist she-vipers.

My apologies to vipers, who attack either for food or self defence…

The orchestrated laughing by two media hostesses at a victim of “domestic violence” carried to the n’th power was for me, simply the final straw. As a man, and more importantly, as a human being, I has to SAY SOMETHING! Somebody has to hold these thoroughly horrid “women” to public account; somebody has to remind them that decency and compassion still exist in the world, and I chose to do it by the old “lex talionis” eye-for-an-eye method, at least rhetorically. There are perhaps shortcomings to the way I did it in my post. insisting that these damned horrid female people (I can’t even call them “women”!) suffer at least as much as they have caused men to suffer! If you don’t like the way I did it, then do it yourself some other way, but don’t blame me for doing something that none of you have done, or even worse, ignoring the plight of or even blaming the victim(s).

IF there was indeed a response strongly condemning the cackling hen’s MISANDRY (there IS such a word, look it up), from most other women in their audiences, I wasn’t aware of it, and if ‘Debbie’ and ‘bionic mommy’ are telling the truth here, than I stand corrected on this ONE point! I apologise. But even that doesn’t say anything as long as those two horrid bloody feminist shrikes continue fattening themselves at their multimillion dollar media trough. How about lifetime exile from the entertainment media for the two of them?

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!
David K. Meller

speedlines
speedlines

As long as you’re apologizing to vipers, shouldn’t you also apologize to shrikes?

amandajane5

Why don’t we restrict women’s freedom more?!?!?! PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

bekabot
bekabot

“225 million people? Many of whom are very young children? All at once? That’s going to require proof.”

Which is why I made my suggestion with respect not just to malaria, but pretty much with respect to everything, excluding old age. Proof would be more, not less, difficult to obtain with a really large a population, which would be why, if you wanted proof, you would be smart to look for it amongst a smaller population subject to a less widespread disease. Why are they subject to that particular disease? What separates them from their neighbors?

Lyn
Lyn

“Somebody has to hold these thoroughly horrid “women” to public account; somebody has to remind them that decency and compassion still exist in the world”

…by rejoicing that women suffering from cancer?

We clearly have different understandings of how to be decent and compassionate.

CAMEMBERT CHEESE!
Lyn

Lyn
Lyn

*suffer

Kave
Kave

You has too?

Your an idiot david.

Sharculese

yo dkm you seem pretty high on yourself what with the giddy little rage dance at other peoples suffering so i thought id make you a medal:

how about “misogyny in defense of freedom”
“king-shit of impotent woman hater mountain”
“pseudoscientific dumbfuck of the year”

i got a badge maker just take a seat i can have it ready in the time it takes you to jerk off to the thought of women dying

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

amandajane5–17 August@8:27pm

“Why don’t we restrict the freedom of women even more???
PEACE AND FREEDOM!!”

Food for thought.

Thank you amandajane5. Sometimes even women have their moments, don’t they?

Sharculese

shorter dkm: if people i dont like are barred from broadcast, my delicate sensibilities are less likely to be shocked. wont somebody think of the hateful crybabies like me.

Sharculese

dkm how does your idiot gender essentialism account for you soft baby feelings?

Yaz
Yaz

‘wont somebody think of the hateful crybabies like me.’ Sharculese

Hehehe. There’s clearly not enough people promoting him and his lot. How terribly sad.

VoiP
VoiP

A compromised immune system? They were exposed to the pathogen and their neighbors weren’t? This isn’t like wondering about the pilot wave theory of quantum mechanics or retro-causality or something really weird like that: the questions you’re asking have already been answered, by people like this guy. We can explain the etiology of diseases really well already without having to posit a hidden cause which we can’t observe, can’t test for, and don’t have any evidence for.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

Sharculese…”straight white dude”,

You’re starting to act and post like these feminist shrews again! You don’t want everyone here to mistake you for a girl, do you? Put your bitchiness on a tight leash, huh, fella!

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, and sometimes even little pebbles can be a bit out of your league!

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!
David K. Meller

Sharculese

*sigh* dkm weve been over the thing where it doesnt hurt my feelings when you accuse me of sounding like a girl right?

Feyline

Oh gosh, Sharculese, people might think you’re a woman! The horror! The shame! *faints dead away on your behalf*

amandajane5

Dear Mr. Meller,

It is called sarcasm, please look into it. Advocating to restrict other people’s freedom while claiming you are all for freedom does not compute. You’re welcome to go with a more accurate FREEDOM FOR ME BUT NOT FOR THEE! but that would require self-examination, so I’m not holding my breath.

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, MEN have too much freedom? Perhaps they would be better off down in the coal mines or hunting the mammoth or some other version of doing that hard work that modern men generally do not do but like to bring up a lot. I mean, men have been running things like politics and the economy for…let me count…forever, but somehow it’s still fucked up. Let’s give women their couple of thousand/million years in charge and see if anything changes. What do you have to lose? If you’re wrong, you can point and laugh and say “silly wimminzs you were wrong!” and if you’re not society will improve. Sounds like a win/win to me!

Lyn
Lyn

“I admit that a society where this takes place is one where women probably have too much freedom, and this entire disgusting episode–and many others like it–could never have happened if women on radio, cinema, and TV were confined to domestic and feminine activities and vocations, telling them how to be BETTER wives, mothers, and homemakers!”

If men were kept at home and confined to domestic and feminine activities, maybe there wouldn’t have been all of these stupid wars where many men and women died tragically. No idea what the women would be doing in this scenario – just some ‘food for thought’.

captainbathrobe

Food for thought.

Only if you like eating shit.

cynickal
cynickal

It wasn’t just this “one man”, Voip.

Except it was.

Or how ever often I claim, it could be every day. Or every minute!!!

The stabbings and shootings,

That never happen…

the false rape accusations,

That can’t be cited.

Or not, because again, no proof has been shown, no studies, no DoJ records. Just one man’s delusional ramblings and thread-jacking

Never proven.

rendering him homeless,

Disputed by all homeless advocacy groups

and (permanently) alienating him from his children

Most of whom are lucky to ever see their MRA father due to abuse, lack of child support or just fleeing the state to avoid supporting their children

Tedious troll is tedious.
You really suck at life and touching reality, don’t you.

captainbathrobe

Last comment @ DKM, not Lyn.

Lyn
Lyn

Thought as much CB – but thanks for clarifying 🙂

speedlines
speedlines

DKM:

I noticed you still haven’t apologized to shrikes, and now you’ve failed to apologize to shrews. What are you, a speciesist?

MY BUTT ITCHES

speedlines

Dracula
Dracula

Captain Bathrobe

No worries, Lyn. 🙂

cynickal
cynickal

No, but that’ll make reading his screeds more bearable…
Thanks for the tip!

Rutee
Rutee

“Anyone else here imagining dkm’s overwrought, histrionic ramblings coming out of Dr. Orpheus from the Venture Bros.?”
Why do you hate Dr. Orpheus, and by extension, America?

Dracula
Dracula

Don’t get me wrong, I love Dr. O. I just think there’s stylistic similarities.

Or not, because again, no proof has been shown, no studies, no DoJ records.

What about NWO? He made a dark matter cold fusion-powered perpetual motion machine, and still got fired from the job where he worked 28 hours a day for 10 cents an hour!

KathleenB
KathleenB

And don’t forget he had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night half an hour before he went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when he got home, his Dad and his mother would kill him and dance about on his grave singing Hallelujah.