antifeminism creepy douchebaggery evil women misogyny MRA penises reactionary bullshit that's not funny! the spearhead

David K. Meller on women getting cancer: “HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!”

Not reallly the appropriate response to someone else getting cancer.

Those of you who aren’t regular readers of the comments here may not appreciate the true genius of David K. Meller, an excitable and exclamation-point-loving MRA I’ve mentioned once or twice in my posts, but who shows up in the comments here with some regularity – ending each comment with his trademark “PEACE AND FREEDOM!!”

Mr. Meller is a great lover (not physically) of men:

Men, by and large, are a wonderful sex! We are more intelligent than women, more creative, at least in the areas outside the home. We are, also, as a rule, physically stronger as well …

He claims to love women, too – though not feminists, whom he seems to consider something other than human:

Women ARE people, and often wonderful people at that! Feminists, on the other hand, AREN’T! …

Women are people, and properly raised, educated, and loved,, are beautiful, charming, and lovely!

Despite his alleged love of women – at least the non-feminist ones – he often says utterly horrible things about them. The examples are too numerous to catalogue. But let me draw your attention to one rather telling comment of his I found recently on The Spearhead.

In the midst of a discussion of Sharon Osbourne’s now notorious comments about a woman who cut off her husband’s penis, Meller offered the following musings on the subject of women and cancer. I am having trouble finding much love of women in them:

It is .. possible that the breast cancers (not to mention ovarian and vaginal cancers) have a psychosomatic aspect to their development. … The feelings of vicious sadism, brutality, and callous indifference to another’s pain in such harpies must inexorably work on the molecular, genetic, and cellular level to generate consequences! I hope that you girls find these consequences as hilarious as I do when you annoy me with your next women’s health campaign against cancer!

Maybe women don’t strictly speaking, DESERVE cancer, but it will be hard for me to stop laughing at them …

Isn’t the thought of cancer-ridden women going under the knife amusing? Isn’t thought of women losing part, or all, of a sexual organ that is precious to them FUNNY? The pain women experience when recovering from surgery (and radiation or chemo, which is almost as bad) is still less than the agony which that poor man underwent when he underwent castration at the hands of a deranged, sadistic, and vicious she-weasel (my apologies to weasels)!

[F]or every man who is abused and tortured by his woman, it almost warms my heart that the same hatred and spite characteristic of the female human(?) sets THEM up for a similar fate down the road, as that bitterness, vicious sadism, and bloodthirstiness so characteristic of those who would LAUGH AT the suffering caused by a “woman” committing such a vicious crime predisposes them toward cancer, and (I hope) a similar fate!

Karma is always there, girls, and it is a bitch!! HA HA HA HA HA…LOL!

PEACE AND FREEDOM!!

David K. Meller

That “PEACE AND FREEDOM!!!” always gets me.

This being The Spearhead, Meller’s comments garnered more than a few upvotes. Not as many as he usually gets, admittedly, but some.

At some point I will do a Best of David K. Meller post, highlighting some of his “best” comments here. He is one for the ages.

zombie rotten mcdonald

The specific section of “The Talk” where the hosts make fun of the victim, as well as the audience reaction, were linked to the story in a you-tube video. Here it is, in case you want to see it:

so, no evidence that he even watched it. Typical.

Wisteria
Wisteria

This angers and disgusts me. It hits close to home because my sister has had two cases of cancer, cervical and ovarian. She finished her last chemo a couple of months ago and her prognosis is good.

She’s a nurse and treats her patients well. If she hadn’t been a nurse, she should have been a veterinarian, since she loves animals. She and her husband have seven dogs, most of whom they rescued because they live out in the country where people dump unwanted animals. I know she’s fed and found homes for at least thirty other dogs and cats.

After a big storm, she found hundreds of tadpoles in some pails her husband had left out and had filled with rain. He told her just to dump them out, but she carried them to the creek and emptied them there, so the tadpoles could have a chance to live. This is a woman who Meller seems happy to have suffered from cancer.

It was disgusting when Sharon Osbourne, the other hosts, and the audience laughed at what happened to that poor man. It’s disgusting when Meller does something similar.

Sorry, probably TMI, but it hit a nerve.

VoiP
VoiP

When my grandfather got Parkinson’s, my grandmother took care of him around the clock. In his last decline, she literally almost never left his bedside. During this time, she got breast cancer, but refused to have it treated; she said it would take too much time away from Grandpa’s care, but I always suspected she wanted to die with him. After he died, we persuaded her to get chemo, operations, etc. She had let it go for so long that when my mother drove her to the cancer center, there was a smell in the car like rotting meat from the open wound in her breast. This year it spread to her brain, and last month she died.

Peace and Freedom to you too, Mr. Meller.

Anthony Zarat

@VoiP

Those days are long gone. You need to let them go.

Let it go. It was not nearly the dream you think that it was.

hellkell
hellkell

Who are you to tell anyone here to “let it go?” Back at you, with your giant derails about child support.

Just let it go.

Anthony Zarat

@Futrelle

I was attempting to excuse the comments on feministe, not condemn them. People say all kinds of foolish things when they are angry. Men and women say foolish things, as was the case on feministe. I think both sexes should be excused when they speak in haste, in response to an emotional event that deeply troubles them.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

David, you’ll also note that, much in the same manner that Zarat claimed that there was no such thing as modification and adjustment of child support, or that we’d made up the backstory of the Thomas Ball case, or assumed that posts addressed to MRAL were specifically addressed to him — he has also completely misinterpreted the post on the male studies program.

He seems to believe that the writer on feministe mocking the program is the same as an organized attempt by feminists, in totality, to destroy the program itself. The hyperbole and obtuseness is strong with this one.

Anthony Zarat

“the hyperbole and obtuseness is strong with this one.”

Pecunium

But you were trying to excuse them from things they never were. You were making a false equivalence; saying they were in the same vein as Meller.

They weren’t, but you were willing to lie about them so you could make an apologia for Meller.

bekabot
bekabot

Meller is probably right about a couple of things.

1. Genuine sadism (I’m not talking about the consensual, controlled, for-fun kind) very likely does have a negative impact on the body of the sadist. We’re all linked at a very deep level. Start to punish the body and/or spirit of another person and you start to punish your own body and/or spirit. Stands to reason.

2. There are at least as many nasty people on the progressive-leftie side of the political spectrum as on the reactive-rightie side. Douchenozzlery knows not from political convictions and it’s pretty equitably distributed throughout the human population. The difference is that progressive-leftieism doesn’t celebrate nastiness and douchenozzlery the way reactive-rightieism does and doesn’t considery creephood a qualification for high office. But, in every other respect, people are people, just like Depeche Mode said. In other words, the bar is low all over.

But Meller, IMO, is wrong on at least one major point.

1. Is this hilarious? “Terrible and inexplicable” would be more my way of looking at it. Human weakness can be risible but the human tendency to inflict harm and do damage is grounds for mourning, not laughter. At most it ought to provide material for satire, not humor. (Somehow I get the idea that Meller is not attempting either one of these.)

Rutee
Rutee

“Thanks. I work at it. I bet you would also, if you were a member of an oppressed and dehumanized group, regarded as sub-human by your government.”
You think this is men? You’re not well connected with reality.

zombie rotten mcdonald

I was attempting to excuse the comments on feministe, not condemn them.

like with your comment about the prisons that I mentioned elsewhere, composition FALE.

I know there’s no point, but I’ll ask anyway.

Anthony, if you weren’t actually being oppressed, how would you know? How do you distinguish between oppression and ordinary bad events, the kind that happen to everyone?

spearhafoc
spearhafoc

Men make up the majority of government workers and elected officials. Apparently, they all regard themselves as sub-human.

Anthony Zarat

@Futrelle

“And when someone does post a violent comment on a feminist blog, it tends to get criticized and/or deleted.”

Speak of misinterpretation … Meller’s comment never called for violence. He never called for anything. Meller said that he had no sympathy for women’s pain and suffering during cancer, and that women who hate men might have more cancer than those who do not.

In other words, Meller was mad enough at some women (the ones laughing at a man’s pain) that he said that he had no sympathy for any woman (laughers and non-laughers). He also said that he thinks that some women get cancer due to anger/hate. Silly, in my opinion, but not in the same league as the comments on feministe.

Mellers comments are demonstrably less hateful and angry than any of the posts on feministe, regardless of how they are interpreted, by a very large margin. He never called for ANYTHING to be done to “all women”. Not death, imprisonment or castration. He states that he, personally, feels no sympathy for women who have cancer. Why would you care so much about what he feels at that moment?

Having said that, I don’t care that feministe posters were calling for appalling things to be done to men. Like I said, people say unkind things when they are worked up.

zombie rotten mcdonald

My varicose veins are OBVIOUS evidence of my oppression by the veino-fascistical Top 40 Radio Stations.

I will not link to proof of this, because why should I do your research?

zombie rotten mcdonald

Meller’s comment never called for violence. He never called for anything. Meller said that he had no sympathy for women’s pain and suffering during cancer, and that Meller’s comment never called for violence. He never called for anything. Meller said that he had no sympathy for women’s pain and suffering during cancer, and that women who hate men might have more cancer than those who do not.

OK, asshole, this is tiresome. Nobody here said he did.

What most of us DID say, is that he was a reprehensible subhuman turtle-draped ballsqueezer for suggesting that laughing at ALL women’s cancer is perfectly acceptable in light of the butthurt he felt because A FEW women made bad comments about the horrible domestic abuse incident experienced by one man.

And then, we rightly mocked this: ” women who hate men might have more cancer than those who do not.”

Because, dude, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anthony Zarat

“In fact, feminists don’t do what Meller did; none of those comments, except perhaps for the deleted one about the machete, come close to his level of vileness.”

Telling a woman an unkind thing rates as a 7 on your “vileness” meter.

Sorry, David. Your thinking is profoundly prejudiced, and I think, denigrating to women. Women are neither delicate nor fragile, and need no special protection, pampering, or privilege. They are as tough, smart, and resilient as men. Meller’s unkind words about him, personally, having no sympathy for women in pain are not in the same league as feministe posters calling for mass violence, half in jest, half not.

cynickal
cynickal

The US Senate has 17 out of 100 who are women. 76 out of 441 in the House of Representatives. Only 276 have served since 1911.

What the fuck dude?
Get some perspective.
Damn, you going to hold your breath until we give you a cookie or something?

redlocker

“The level of vileness of Meller’s comments that you speak of is a reflection of your differential perception of how men and women SHOULD be treated.

Telling a woman an unkind thing rates as a 7 on your “vileness” meter.
Calling for violence against a man … maybe a 5, maye a 9 … but only a 5, since maybe it was partly a joke. Calling for incarceration of all men … well, that would be a 5, because it was not (even partly) a joke, but it is only incarceration.”

Oh, wow. Now he’s putting himself as “judge of all humor”?

Tell me, Anthony, how can one trust YOU to say that David is bias towards women who make bad jokes just because they’re women?

amandajane5

What is it with the MRAs feeling like they have to rank everything all of the time?

Pecunium

AntZ; You want to go mining for other comments, to support your opinions, fine. Be honest about them. One, you do care; you say they show how much more vile women’s comments are to men’s (all the while pretending to know the scale on which Dave is measuring them).

Two, you lie about what they said; so as to show how much more vile than men women are.

But fine, let’s take a look at some of the broader DKM:

My replies, while occasionally they may go a little “over the top”, are a thoughtful, measured, lone-overdue response, on the part of several decades,of feminists attacks on ME–on my gender identity, and on my humanity. They are a defence of YOUR humanity too, but too many modern new-age men(?) here on this post, along with many others like it, are too brainwashed, too dense, or too damn cowardly to stand shoulder to shoulder with me and men like me! You prefer to be thought of by those horrid harridan hags as ‘politically correct”, as “progressive”, as “liberal”, or whatnot…The FEMINISTS’ expressed approval of you and your posts is NOT worth it! You gain nothing by being a race of lemmings!

Thoughtful, and and long overdue. Not just one post, but all of them, even the occasional one’s that “go over the top.

PS–Possibly a few especially attractive, alluring, and submissive biological women, who have resisted the plague of feminist and egalitrarian brainwashing and conditoning, MIGHT be kept for (very successful) men for pleasure, breeding, and domestic purposes, and those women may additionally contribute female DNA for reproductive purposes–with their owner”s consent–of course–DKM

Those are his, Thoughtful, measured, responses. That is the context in which his words are measured.

That is the person you are defending. One who, emphatically, claims he is not writing in the heat of the moment, but in a carefully thought out way.

And to counter that, you say you forgive people for things they didn’t say (because you presented their words in ways contrary to their meaning).

In short, you defended Meller’s words, by lying abut other people’s, to make a false equivalence and make Meller’s crap look like some sort of tattered roses.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Telling a woman an unkind thing rates as a 7 on your “vileness” meter.

No, rejoicing in the very real suffering of another human being rates about a 10 on my personal vileness meter. Thus, what Osbourne did was vile as all fuck (who the hell makes fun of domestic violence?). I don’t know what that poor man went through, but I hope he can find the peace and respite he needs. Thus, also, gloating at the thought of a person going through cancer treatment is vile as all fuck. This, I have some experience with (from the outside) and can say with all honesty that I would not wish cancer treatment on anyone. Ever.

Telling a woman an unkind thing rates as a 7 on your “vileness” meter.

Interesting. Tell me more about how this scale works.

Sharculese

Interesting. Tell me more about how this scale works.

well you see there are alpha vile comments, the good looking ones that get all attention and the mras collapsing on their fainting couches, and then there are the beta vile comments which are totally just as good as the alphas but their kind of shy and you would be just as offended if you would just give them a chance, and then there are…

actually fuck this, that’s enough of that

Molly Ren

“Those days are long gone. You need to let them go.

“Getting rid of mutual dependency is the best thing feminism ever did. It looks great in fairy tales, but there is a story of tears between the lines. The story of solitude, unreached potential, and moral confinement is never told. Dust from the fairy tale covers all this up.”

Days of what, AZ? Days of when people sacrifice themselves to care for others?

The rest of your comment is just as confusing. It’s not “mutual dependency” when one person is expected to be the breadwinner for both–that’s bloody one-sided. Or do you mean “mutual dependency” in terms of “two people have an emotional tie to each other”?

Anthony Zarat

“Anthony, I don’t know about you, but I see a comment fantasizing about violence as being roughly in the same category as one that fantasizes about the suffering of a group of people with glee.”

I think this is a fair statement. The excessive glee is enough to equate passive enjoyment of suffering (spearhead comment) to a much less enthusiastic call for actual violence (feministe comment).

Honestly, I like to think that we can cut some slack to people who make stupid comments, on either side of these issues. It is human nature to over-react when angry.

Sharculese

except its already been established that you either dont understand or are intentionally lying about the feministe comments, so… sorry about your false equivalency, bro?

zombie rotten mcdonald

Nope. Accidental statements are one thing, but when repulsive, over the top crap like this shows up, “whoah, just satire, folks!” doesn’t cut it and it’s time to push back.

In fact, WAY past time to push back,

As far as making stupid comments, the MB commentariat have already allowed you continued posting rights, so how can you complain about not enough slack?

And, no, human nature is not blanket approval for saying stupid and vile shit. In civilized society, most of us have learned the perfectly achievable skill of considered, rational responses to others, even when they are objectively trying to elicit an emotional overwhelming response (see: every comment by AZ)

In real life, I have learned that it is most easy to disarm these folks by not reacting emotionally, as they expect. Usually, it throws them into their ‘B’ strategy, and in some cases, they don’t actually have a backup strategy, and are left nonplussed.

Again, see AZ comments, and his inability to make people freak out.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Some women “might” be allowed to contribute their “female” DNA? This guy is clearly making totally rational and very scientific plans for the long term survival of humanity innit he? 😀

redlocker

Am I the only one who thought of the Scientist from “Dr. Stangelove” when reading DKM’s…vision?

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

redlocker

“Awesome movie idea? “Dr. MRA or How I Never Learned to Stop Hating and Love the Ladies” — naturally there would be a character whose dick keeps rising uncontrollably and he has to slap it down. Because he’s secretly attracted to the FemiNazis… or something… And women would nuke all the men, like we’ve intended all along, obviously.”

Box office gold. Or, at least, a DVD/Netlfix Cult Hit. 😀

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

““Some women “might” be allowed to contribute their “female” DNA? This guy is clearly making totally rational and very scientific plans for the long term survival of humanity innit he?””

So, in DKM’s world, are babies clones of their fathers?

Also, does he know that genetic diversity is important? And that humans, as a species, are already pretty lacking in genetic diversity?

Sharculese

dkm apparently believes that being angry can cause cancer. his grasp of biology is probably not that great.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Also, does he know that genetic diversity is important?

Genetic diversity? Not inbreeding to exclude undesirables? That sounds like femiNAZI talk to me!

…wait.

(Also, all deleterious mutations and harmful recessive genes are from the mother’s side. Because father’s have pure manly essences. True fax.)

Magpie

No no no, according to Samuel they only have true manly essences if they DON’T become fathers 🙂

Kave
Kave

Anthony Zarat

We have not been introduced. I’m going to tell you a little bit of my story and the mra.

Normally a person like myself would never have heard of the mra, and frankly wouldn’t be posting on any message boards linking stranger to stranger.

I have a schizophrenic brother who about 10 years ago started latching onto those kind of places. At first his interest was mild like any other conspiracy theory he’s gravitated towards, and then with the encouragement of his fellow mra’s he pronounced himself not mentally ill and his problems were all his wife’s fault.

He went off his meds and progressed to first thinking his wife was out to get him, to his children, and on more then one occasion threatening all of their lives.

His now ex-wife stayed married to him for two years after he fell off the cliff. Once she left him we as a family had to put her and their children into non-virtual hiding. (Meaning daddy has said he wants to kill his children who are just like their mother so we sent them overseas).

So that’s been my last decade, basically stalking my brother online in order to see what kind of mindset he has at the moment to keep my niece and nephew safe and yes also their mother.

In all that time with my brother being a regular on many boards that call themselves mra have I seen anyone call him on his delusions. In fact I would suggest that his delusions have fed your “movements” illusions of conspiracies which originated is his mind.

My brother complained about child support on mra boards. He’s never paid a dime but he did make you think that lots of men were going to jail and bankrupt because of his fantasies.

My brother is a violent paranoid schizophrenic who found on mra boards people who thought like him.

What does that say about your movement?

VoiP
VoiP

Anthony Zarat:

Peace and Freedom to you too, Mr. Meller.

@VoiP

Those days are long gone. You need to let them go.

Let it go. It was not nearly the dream you think that it was.

My point was that a lot of people, some of them people I like, get cancer. Whether or not you believe a certain thing, act a certain way, or think nice happy thoughts (sorry bekabot, there’s no evidence that cancer has anything to do with your “spirit”), there’s a chance that your cells will start growing uncontrollably and eat up the rest of your body.

What the fuck were you trying to say? I know you were trying to patronise me, but your remark is mostly gibberish. It doesn’t even make sense as a response to my post, starting with the fact that my grandmother died last month, not in “days…long gone.”

NWOslave
NWOslave

@cynickal
“The US Senate has 17 out of 100 who are women. 76 out of 441 in the House of Representatives.”

We have a black president, argueably the most powerful man in the world. Does this in anyway translate to all blacks having that kind of power? This is probably the most used feminist arguement. There are more rich men/CEOs than women. Completely foolish statement that feminists have lived off of for far too long, and it doesn’t work. Who put less thought into what they said, you or the person this article is about?
———————————
@Wisteria
“It was disgusting when Sharon Osbourne, the other hosts, and the audience laughed at what happened to that poor man.”

————————————-
@Dave Futrelle

Perhaps you’d like to clear the air on this one for us Dave. Maybe you could run a little article about that here. This seems to be a real sticking point for many MRAs. If misandry isn’t so indoctrinated and accepted by society why was there universal laughter on the show? Was it mob mentality? Could something like that ever happen regendered?

To just say after the fact, aww that’s a shame, or that was mean doesn’t really mean all that much. If I say, aww that’s a shame, or that was mean about this article it really won’t mean shit, will it? So what MRAs want is the same thing, an explaination of “why” it happened. The only answer I can come up with is acceptable misandry indoctrinated into society. Being our hosts were feminists, and I’m sure some of the well fleshed out as far as diversity audience were feminists. Whats the manboobz feminists take of “why” it happened?

Pecunium

Zarat: <i.The spearhead post is awful, and should have been deleted. It is more serious than anything we are talking about, clearly crosses the line, and should have been delted with a warning to the author (just like the castration post on feministe).

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Pecunium
“Are you then willing to admit that the MRA has a lower standard than than feminists?”

Surely you jest! Femininst have been preaching violence for so long they simply see it as a right and any disagreement is misogyny. When you command the violence of the State while washing your hands of any wrong, feminism has given women the power to be nothing less than a gender of Pontius Pilates; commanding other men to commit violence on their behalf while washing the stain of blood from their hands.

Rutee
Rutee

“Surely you jest! Femininst have been preaching violence for so long they simply see it as a right and any disagreement is misogyny.”
Reality, you do not live in it. The feminists deleted the violent rhetoric, telling the poster not to repeat that shit. The MRAs celebrated the violent rhetoric.

“We have a black president, argueably the most powerful man in the world. Does this in anyway translate to all blacks having that kind of power?”
Are you an idiot? Oh wait, you are. If a disproportionate majority of people in positions of power share a trait, there’s a pretty good chance that the trait is specifically biased towards. Black people are amazingly underrepresented in a number of key areas; it’s not just the presidency they’ve lacked, and even getting there we had a lot of racist bullshit, botht he obvious ‘secret muslim’ stupidity and the more insidious “Is America Ready for a Black President?”.

“Yes it was disgusting, yet it happened. The question is why did it happen. Even you feminists can’t picture a show where 5 male hosts and an all male audience laughed at a story of cutting out a womans vagina an tossing it in the garbage disposal.”
2 and a Half Men only fails the “5 hosts” part of this. Well, it fails ‘all male’, but The Talk isn’t an all-female audience so it’s not a double standard that 2.5 men fails this either.

magdelynswallows

Oh, what? Now feminists have made it so that cancer isn’t funny?

Jezus. Is there nothing that they won’t censor?

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Yeah, saying that Meller is a vile misogynistic fuck is exactly like censorship. You can tell by the way the post was deleted.

Oh wait…

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Oh, what? Now feminists have made it so that cancer isn’t funny?

Sure, sure, but at least we can still laugh at mastectomies and hysterectomies! They are the best:

And really, isn’t laughing at life-threatening surgeries on desperately-ill innocent people what freedom of speech is all about? 🙂