evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy reactionary bullshit reddit thug-lovers vaginas

AntiFeministMedia: “Do you really believe men have ‘oppressed’ women for no reason?”

Shouldn't they all be?

My favorite Redditor these days is an angry little fella named AntiFeministMedia. How much of a douche is he? So much of one that sometimes he actually manages to get downvoted in the Men’s Rights subreddit for his excessive douchebaggery.

You may recall him as the author of the “the female gravy train of victimhood” quote I highlighted the other day. But I’ve been going through his comment history and have unearthed a number of other wonders.

It’s going to take more than one post to truly convey his charms. We’ll start today with some of his comments on women, and their vaginas, and why both need to be kept in check.

Women, you see, just aren’t made for freedom:

what happnes when you give women economic and sexual freedom, is that you get major social problems.

It simply doesnt work, because women are incapable of behaving themselves, men see their society disintegrating, their children suffering, and then decide to ‘put women in their place’.

If women wernt so irresponsible when they got their freedom, men would not have to step in and take it away from them. Seriously, do you really believe men have ‘oppressed’ (read: restrained) women for no reason?

It’s almost as if these ladies aren’t even human:

people are scared of women. Thats the truth about it. Women can be such nasty pieces of work that no one wants to get on their bad side for fear of them becoming hysterical … The female world is an animal world which a lot of men, being human, simply dont understand).

True, they do have vaginas, but that isn’t enough to make up for that whole not-being-human thing:

You may or may not believe this, but I am quite happy alone.

The only thing I’d want you from is a vagina, the rest of the time I’d despise you. You see I dont like who you are. I am a human being, while women are from the animal world. They think like animals, and that is not something I would want to pair with. While women are thinking about survival, Im thinking about god.

And, at least some of the time, about vaginas.

Speaking of which: Since ladies are such herd animals, they clearly shouldn’t be allowed to be in charge of anything, including the things that come out of their vaginas. You know, babies:

You seem to think in groups, not as individuals. Thats why I believe women shouldnt be given a choice. Children should automatically be the property of the male (again). If women cannot understand simple situations like those I’ve outlined, or even the fact that men should be consulted first before a child is created … then they are not the best people to be in control of reproduction.

After all, contrary to all that nonsense you might have heard in your high school sex ed classes,  it only takes one person to get pregnant:

It takes two to tango, and one to get pregnant. The one that gets pregnant bears the ultimate responsibilty, particularly since she has full control over reproduction in the modern west. …

It is up to women to screen out bad men, and to choose a man capable of being a good father. That is the responsibilty of women. If a woman opens her legs to any sob, without spending the time and energy to assess wether he would make a good father, and then he runs off, then thats the womans fault. But again, we go back to women not being able to take personal responsibilty.

Exactly. When a man deserts his children, it is obviously the woman, not him, who is being irresponsible.

Given how badly women are doing at this whole reproduction thing, wouldn’t it be great if we could just remove women from the equation entirely?

AntiFeministMedia has some thoughts on this as well, which we will examine in a future post. Stay tuned.

EmilyBites
EmilyBites

What’s a sob? How do I identify one?! Quick, someone, else how will I recognize one!

Nobby

“or even the fact that men should be consulted first before a child is created”

Wait, aren’t we the ones saying that people should talk about sex before having it? And aren’t the MRAs the ones saying “It’ll destroy the mood!!”?

Renée Yoxon (@reneeyoxon)

Wow, he’s deluded, even for an MRA.

Holly Pervocracy

In b4 someone points out that this guy doesn’t represent MRAs and isn’t popular among MRAs (which is true), then fails to actually disagree with anything he said!

Also, this:
Children should automatically be the property of the male

Does he sound like the kind of guy who’d be up for playing peek-a-boo, changing diapers, going to playdates, helping with homework, cooking macaroni and cheese and then hearing “I don’t like macaroni and cheese!,” wiping up the snotty noses and picking up the scattered Legos of his “property”?

I have a lot of respect for single fathers. I don’t for guys who see the kids as the rope in a game of tug-of-war, and wouldn’t know what to do with it if they won.

EmilyBites
EmilyBites

Nobby – I thought even MRAs knew that heterosexual sex leads to babies? Maybe they should remain celibate so as not to take the risk. (And by ‘maybe’ I mean ‘holy hell yes’.)

Steph

So children are the property of the male… but completely the responsibility of the woman, who’s supposed to be making an informed decision on who to sleep with… even though women are subhuman animals?

Well, at least he’s not insanely inconsistent or anything.

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

“people are scared of women.”

Because there are people, and there are women.

ClioPersephone
ClioPersephone

Silly me I thought sperm had something to do with getting pregnant. My bad. But I guess if it only “takes one to get pregnant” then I can tell the father to bugger off if I so choose? Crap. I forgot my ladybrain and my vagina aren’t actually mine.

Why is this sooo haaard?! Mooo!

Karalora

“Do you really believe men have ‘oppressed’ women for no reason?”

Not as such. I also don’t believe whites enslaved blacks “for no reason.” Of course they had reasons.

That doesn’t make either set of reasons just or good or based in reality.

In general, humans oppress other humans (and yes, douchebags, women are human–what other species would we be?) because it’s convenient for the oppressor.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Yeah, Holly, I do get the feeling that the MRA’s who claim that it’s so easy to be a parent, well, they think that because they’ve actually done little or no parenting. Including the ones who’ve fathered children. 🙁

Steph

I’m always curious about what life is like for guys like this. I’m genderqueer-leaning-female, but I don’t have the androgynous looks I would prefer; anyone who doesn’t know me would just assume I’m a guy. If there was anything to this vitriolic anti-maleness that all women are supposed to have, you’d think I’d have experienced it. So are they just walking around with crazy helmets that garble all input, or what?

And it’s not like I’m an alpha or something, either. I’m pretty sure the MRAs would consider me a beta at most. But then I tend to be most attracted to nerdy, average-to-chubby women who are close to my own age; I believe the scientific Greek classification for them is “double-omega minus one super-grossos”.

Captain Bathrobe

Just the idea that children are property–not, you know, people–suggests that this guy should never, ever be a parent. I think his unstated corollary is that women, too, should be property–that way, he can have a fuck-toy and a nanny all in one.

Alfred Royce

Hey AntiFeministMedia, Sailor Moon wants to poke your eyes out.

Phajina
Phajina

This man is a hero.

Alfred Royce
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Oh AFM, I understand. I really do.

I just disagree now shut up and make me a sammich.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Steph, oddly enough I knew a post-op MtF trans person from Buffy fandom* (online, not in the flesh) who was convinced that the world was one big misandrist hellhole, and he “had” to transition to being female so that people would like him. And he expressed the same paranoid nonsense about workplace sexual harassment that MRA’s do. Needless to say, he was delusional while male, and she is now delusional while female.

For that matter, we have a regular commenter here who is a MtF crossdressing MRA (!), and somehow has avoided developing any empathy or insight into the things that women experience in our society. There’s naught queer as folk, as they say across the pond. 😀

*I met an awful lot of awfully odd people in that community, all right.

Holly Pervocracy

mediumdave – Does your friend now feel like she’s basking in female privilege and eating bon-bons all day?

Honest question.

mediumdave
mediumdave

ROTFL, Holly! I think you’ve won the Internet for the week, if not the year!

But seriously, no, her attitude was more like, “I still have trouble in relationships! I’m still dating assholes! People still hate me! What went wrong?!?” No insight, IOW.

So eventually I gave up talking to her, because it was just so wearying. Actually I have no idea whether she still thinks this way, but, y’know, playing the odds…

BTW, Steph and Ami, et al: I should point out that this was years ago when I didn’t know many trans people, so I mistakenly thought this kind of thinking was typical. Now I know better. 🙂

Rutee
Rutee

Antifeminist trans women are almost as hilariously stupid as heteronormative trans women. It never ceases to amaze me how much wrong people can be.

shaenon

Lately I’ve been collecting family history from my parents, and I’ve gotten some background on my Grandpa Red, who was a real son of a bitch in a lot of ways. As it turns out, he had good reason to be.

When Grandpa Red’s mother–my great-grandmother–was in her early teens, her mother died. Her father didn’t have any interest in raising the kids, so they were all thrown into an orphanage except for my great-grandmother, who was old enough to drop out of school and go to work instead. I don’t know what kind of work she did at that time; this was in Pittsburgh, where everyone was employed by the steel industry, and steel-company jobs were almost entirely men’s jobs. At any rate, she eventually saved enough money to get each of her younger siblings out of the orphanage system, one by one, and raise them as her own. Their father was long out of the picture by this time and never raised a finger to help them.

Eventually my great-grandmother got married and had kids of her own, but when my Grandpa Red, the oldest, was about five years old, her husband walked out on the family. At this point my great-grandmother was working as a janitor, the job she would have for the rest of her life. So she was raising a bunch of kids, including some of her younger siblings, on the miserably low pay of a female janitor. Grandpa Red dropped out of school at sixteen so he could get a good factory job, the kind not open to women, and be the man of the house.

For a long time, my grandpa thought he’d never be able to marry because he couldn’t afford to support a wife on top of all the family members he was already supporting. My Grandma Blanche joined the WACs to prove she could take care of herself. (My grandma had her own problems with sexism; she was very smart, but her family forbade her from attending college because it was a waste of money for a girl.)

Looking back at this story, it just seems like such a waste. If my great-great grandfather and great-grandfather had been expected to take care of their kids… if my great-grandmother had been able to get a job that paid enough to support a family… if my grandfather hadn’t been forced to drop out of school because, as a boy, he could get a better job than an adult woman could… My family spent generations in poverty because of ridiculous laws and business practices and social assumptions. And my Grandpa Red grew up to be kind of a mean bastard.

But a devoted father. Because the last thing he ever wanted to do was end up like his dad.

shaenon

Sorry for the long post. That’s just the story that comes to mind whenever some MRA guy goes on about how unfair it is that fathers aren’t allowed to abandon their kids. The thing is, we tried it that way, and it sucked.

It’s also the story I think of when people try to explain the phrase “patriarchy hurts men too.” My grandpa grew up in hellish poverty because his father was able to abandon the kids without repercussion and his mother was barred from all the decent jobs. He also grew up knowing beyond the shadow of a doubt that his father didn’t give a rat’s ass about him. It was stupid. It didn’t need to happen.

Joanna

Doesn’t the fact that we have mammary glands make us the primary parent….? Or even at least that we are connected with a child biologically for 9 months? All the guy had to do was shoot his load. Is that how he claims property? Like a dog pisses on everything to mark it as his. Not to mention that a human being can’t exactly be defined as property anyway. Yeesh!

“While women are thinking about survival, Im thinking about god.”

This! This made me lol so hard.

tatjna
tatjna

“no one wants to get on their bad side for fear of them becoming hysterical”

Because being hysterical is the scariest thing he can think of? Bloody hell.

Also, how come these people always assume anger to by hysteria? It’s almost as if women aren’t capable of feeling emotions like men do. Oh wait – animals!

Because animals get hysterical all the time. Charging elephant? Hysteria. Man-eating tigers? Hysteria. Dogs that bite? Obviously hysterical.

MEN YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID

Johnny Pez

While women are thinking about survival, Im thinking about god.

Sounds like another MRA putting himself in God’s hand.

@ EmilyBites

sob = S.O.B. is my take.

mediumdave
mediumdave

At least he didn’t say he was leaving “it” in God’s hand, Joanna. 😀

shaenon, thanks for sharing that story. My wife’s family is also from Pittsburgh, and they suffered from sexism in a quite different way: My wife’s mother was subjected to abuse in childhood that was so terrible she was never able to talk about it, at least obliquely. As an adult she was very independent-minded and always held down a job, but her emotional problems were never addressed and so she was as terrible a mother as hers had been. It took literally years of therapy for my wife to mostly-overcome the natural result of having that kind of parenting (her father had his own problems and did little to stop the abuse).

If my mother-in-law had been allowed to remain childless, then she wouldn’t have passed the abuse to the next generation… but that wasn’t allowed for a woman of her time. She had children because no one ever told her there was any other option.

And yeah, then I wouldn’t be married to my wonderful wife because she would never have been born, but I guess the universe giveth and taketh away. 🙂

mediumdave
mediumdave

..she was never able to talk about it, at least obliquely.

Oops! That should be “..she was never able to talk about it, except obliquely. 🙁

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Sigh.

Are we getting anywhere on this robot girlfriend/artificial womb technology? Because I’d like to kick a couple of bucks toward research if it’ll ensure that dudes like this one stop thinking about any real woman’s genitalia.

He can keep his focus on “god.”

darksidecat

Men have mammary glands as well and can breast feed. Many men can breast feed if they allow an infant to suckle and help the milk come in. (And that’s just cis men, trans men generally don’t want to breast feed, but some can).

shaenon

“no one wants to get on their bad side for fear of them becoming hysterical”

Because being hysterical is the scariest thing he can think of? Bloody hell.

“Why are you afraid of women?” I asked a group of men
“We’re afraid they’ll laugh at us,” replied the men.
“Why are you afraid of men?” I asked a group of women
“We’re afraid they’ll kill us,” replied the woman.

-Margaret Atwood

Ami Angelwings

@Holly @Mediumdave I’ve met a couple trans women who believe in “female privilege” xD

Sometimes I also wonder if it’s conflating how awful one might feel and depressed and angry before hand (at least for me) w/ “therefore every man must always feel this way. and I’m happier post-transition so therefore being a woman is easier” : I know before I realized that transitioning was an option, I used to occasionally think along MRA lines, that my envy for women must be b/c women’s lives were objectively better… plus I think often there’s bullying and other stuff that happens to non-gender-conforming children when we’re younger :

Almost all of the trans women I know though are feminists, or womanists even if they are highly critical (like I am) of the transphobic feminists :]

My exps being treated as male and female in society def don’t inform me of the idea of “female privilege” though… but I dun need to go into my life story since I think most ppl alrdy know things that have happened to me. xD

cynickal
cynickal

@Steph

In Seattle you’re a Double Caramel Macchiato with half’n’half Grande

Ami Angelwings

there’s a couple trans women who show up in that thread who seem pretty sympathetic to the MRAs, though nobody says “female privilege”, one seems to hint at it xD

Though that doesn’t save them from the transphobic stuff that gets hurled at them… (and one guy accusing them of transitioning b/c being a man is too hard)

There’s also a guy there who seems to be advocating the bullying of male children cuz it toughens them up and there’s “always going to be” some that can’t take life and kill themselves… : (apparently he’s kind a famous? he wrote an anti-gay gay book and he calls himself an androphile, not a homosexual)

Also they seem to think trans ppl and feminists are rly buddy buddy xD Also apparently feminists are keeping gay men from being geniuses, and if Michaelangelo lived now, he’d be forced to be a hairdresser or paint signs for Pride rather than paint the Sistine Chapel xD

Phajina
Phajina

You know what? Fuck political correctness. All the pussy asses don’t want to speak the truth. This is the greatness of the Internet, the TRUTH without consequences for saying it.

Phajina
Phajina

Why do you think there are so many MRAs online, but none in the real world? Because the TRUTH is taboo. The TRUTH is inconvenient, and people don’t want to face inconvenience. The feminists would rather continue to push the harmful lie of patriarchy indefinitely that face the TRUTH, which would upend their entire worldview. The TRUTH is that they are the bitches, the oppressors, and the worthless bitches.

johnnykaje

“While women are thinking about survival, Im thinking about god.”

Thinking about God– the real mark of higher brain functioning. BRB, gotta argue with a creationist.

Ami Angelwings

At least he’s being downvoted :3

And yeah Nobby, I’m the one who suggested the idea that you could have something (obv the law has to be changed for this to happen, DSC pointed out that currently such contracts would be legally nonbinding) that a woman could sign before sex that in whatever case, if she gets pregnant and chooses to keep the pregnancy, the father would not be liable, etc etc..

that way both parties go into it eyes wide open, nobody is being accused of “running off” or lying or entrapping or being a dead beat dad, or etc… :]

And then we of course got the “it’ll ruin the mood!” thing, which is also the excuse we’ve heard before about contraceptives or getting consent xD

(it’s funny tho when it comes to disclosing HIV status, or the panic about trans ppl not “disclosing”, nobody ever suggests that would ruin the mood xD )

kristinmh
kristinmh

I am a human being, while women are from the animal world.

Umm… “human/animal” is not a dichotomy. We are humans AND we are animals. Human animals. Honestly, if humanity could collectively wrap its brain around that idea and get over ourselves a bit, the world would be a much better place.

IIRC default custody was awarded to the male in English common law up until the 20th century. Of course, divorce was almost unknown and only available to the very rich, so it wasn’t so much “Farmer Bob threw Farm Wife Alice out of the house and kept the 11 Farm Children himself” as “Rich guy divorces rich lady, keeps heirs”. But of course the divorced man wouldn’t raise the children himself, he’d marry again or get a female relative to raise them.

Shaenon, that’s a sad but amazing story. The good ol’ days, amirite?

Ami Angelwings

Phajina | August 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm

What happens if you are an MRA in the real world? o_O (what do you mean by that, I’m sure MRAs exist in the real world as well as online… or are they computer programs :O )

SWGM

TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH

lulz

(I am so bored at work right now, how are all of you?)

Ami Angelwings

Phajina seems v over the top xD *peers*

Also I wonder if the name is meant to rhyme w/ “vagina”…. xD

Tatjna
Tatjna

The TRUTH is out therr

spearhafoc
spearhafoc

As a long-time reader (and now commenter) on Sadly, No!, I find mentions of The Truth to be particularly hilarious.

Bookmark it, Libs!

Phajina
Phajina

Sharculese

so… you don’t condone violence, you just get off on threatening other people with it? that if fucking stupid.

Papr1ka
Papr1ka

“Of course you’ll laugh nervously, as bitches and feminists are wont to do when faced with the FACTS. Lol, right? Just wait for the other shoe to drop, and you’ll all get yours. I don’t condone violence, but mark my words, others will not be so kind.”

Suggestion of an MRA uprising against all women, now that’s an original talking point =p

You know what?

Bring it.

Sharculese

hey guys, i’m a passive-aggressive wiener who is terminally afraid of confrontation, but mark my words, when somebody else puts you in your place, ill be here at my keyboard, typing i told you so.

Fatman
Fatman

Phajina, are you saying that we should alter our behavior to be inline with your beliefs to avoid being the victims of violence, while at the same time saying you do not condone violence? That seems to be an attempt to use the threat of violence to for political and social control without having to use violence personally. How do you justify this use of violence from with in the frame work of not condoning violence?

Vermin
Vermin

Foolish humans, don’t you know that your species actually reproduces through parthenogenesis? I mean, someone says its the TRUTH, and caps make right, don’t they?

Honestly, is AntiFeministMedia into bestiality, with this whole “women are animals, but I’d still have sex with their vaginas”?

I await another batch of artifical womb-craziness with bated breath.

1 2 3 5