antifeminism evil women misogyny MRA reddit woman's suffrage

I refuse to see dead people

We gave them the vote and they STILL won't shut up about it!

Apparently, all that time I spent studying history in college and grad school was a complete waste of time. Because once people die, nothing about their lives or the events that happened during their lives matters. At least according to merlin34 in Reddit’s Men’s Rights subreddit, who recently set forth this cogent argument as to  “Why feminists should SHUT THE $^%# UP about women’s suffrage in US/UK.

The 19th Amendment of the US Constitution was ratified in 1920, before that year’s election. At the time, the voting age was 21. Any woman who was denied the right to vote would have had to have been born before Election Day of 1898. Today, she would be 113+ years old. That means dead.

In the UK, it was in 1928 that women were granted equal voting rights to men, again at the age of 21 (although women over 30 were given the vote 10 years earlier). Any woman denied the right to vote based on sex in the UK would be over 105 years old now. There’s still probably some around, but not a lot, and not for much longer, and they weren’t denied the right to vote for long.

What does this have to do with anything? It means that feminists using the “women weren’t allowed to vote, wah” or “black men got the vote before women of any color” canards should SHUT UP, because the list of those actually denied the right to vote based on sex is rapidly diminishing. In another ten years, none will remain.

Naturally, the comments are also a delight. OThompson says:

You can also tell them that Suffragettes were often domestic terrorists.

AntiFeministMedia adds:

It isnt just feminists though is it, its any woman you get into an argument with.

If its not ‘women wernt allowed to vote’, its ‘rapists get off scott-free’. They ignore the context. When did universal sufferage for men go ahead in the UK? 1918?

Most women are ignorant of most of these issues, but they are happy to just parrot all this stuff because that makes them victims, and so they get privileges they arent really entitled to.

They dont care wether what they are saying is out of date, or that most men didnt recieve the vote untill very recently either, they only care that the female gravy train of victimhood keeps rolling on.

Is the Female Gravy Train of Victimhood anything like Soul Train? Because that would be awesome.

Snowy

Wow Ion, so you were afraid we might call you at transphobe because… wait for it… you are! Well color me surprised!

Ami Angelwings

e_e

Except I say in all my videos I hate how my voice sounds on recording xD (also apparently he watches them XD he went after the thing I said I hate just to “troll” xD )

so it’s not rly a newsflash (tho interestingly, all the guys I’ve dated IRL didn’t know I was trans until I told them, and my voice was never a turn off, just that we couldn’t have PIV sex xD )

Are we judging ppl’s voices now too? o_O “this is what a feminist sounds like!” XD

Sharculese

What if they spend the next 24 hours giving angry rambling speeches about how it’s not morally right to shit in the aisle?

ion the thing i love about you is that there has apparently never been an analogy made that you couldnt totally mangle

Holly Pervocracy

Well, if you keep shitting for 24 hours, actually, that’s about what you’ll get.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I was thinking more of feminist academics/bloggers/activists/what have you, not an actress.

How about Playboy Bunnies? Do they count? http://sexual-communication.wikispaces.com/file/view/steinem.jpg

Need to know

Then I guess they feel really strongly about the fact you keep shitting in the aisles over and over and over and laughing at them for not wanting your shit all over the place. Huh. How weird is that?

Hey, you know what would solve that? Take your shit somewhere else. Or, you know, shut up and stop pretending you are shocked, shocked, I tell you, that people find your behavior disgusting.

Snowy

If we’re judging voices now, and since Ion is too much of a coward to show us what he looks or sounds like, I’m just imagining he talks like the annoying orange. And looks like it.

Nobby
Nobby

@Spearhafoc I don’t know, i think the color and lighting choices were really interesting, I wouldn’t say they’d make you look less attractive. It’s not like you made it look like you have jaundice or something, just chose an interesting way to paint was is still an attractive face :).

@Ion Dude, we’re not scrambling. We’re just pointing out that you’re a sexist idiot. I mean, you have been here before. You know, this is the place with the misogyny mocking? Because that’s what we’re doing now. You’re a misogynist, and we’re showing how you’re an idiot.

And see, that’s not “I’m not attracted to you”, that’s “I’m a hateful bigot”. You could have gone with one, but you decided to go with the other. Color me unsurprised.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

So what exactly has Miss DeRossi contributed to feminism, aside from saying she is one? A blog, maybe? Articles? A book? Give me something aside from standard celebrity charity missions and tax writeoffs.

And exactly what would constitute proof to you? Not going to respond until I know the goal posts you are going to be moving.

Plus, shut up about Ami-you hate her just as NWO does, we get it. So stop talking to and about her unless you have something actually constructive to say.

Nobby
Nobby

Also @Ion, and I remind you once again, Re: scrambling, that i answered your question quite quickly the first time you asked it. But you still act as if no one has, despite that and all the others offered so far.

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

Ion is a sad fucking act, and that’s all there is to it.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

ooooh, did you just compare Ion to John “The Orange Crying Man” Boehner Snowy? Because I am sorry but that made me laugh.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Just because it bears repeating: Ami’s so darn pretty!

And jumbofish, you have really lovely hair but I gotta be honest… you’re a bit of a butternny-face. ;D

Ion

go fuck a card board box you piece of shit, its the only thing that would want to get 5 feet near to you.

First Holly, now jumbofish… what is this, meltdown night?

Yeah, except when I hear them say “hey, I wish somebody would shit in the aisle soon, I really need to sharpen my claws!” and the whole community thrives by piling onto people who shit in the aisles. When nobody does, they talk about past aisle-shitting incidents, or those that have occurred elsewhere. It’s their main occupation.

Shocked? Amused, maybe. But go on constructing a little narrative in your head about how I’m supposed to be feeling if it works for you.

Nobby
Nobby

Oh, are we back to Ion saying this is all we do? Please, oh great Ion, go on another troll strike to prove it. Your last one worked so well!

jumbofish

Why don’t you admit you think trans people are disgusting, don’t hold back we are losers after all.

Come on you little shit, don’t chicken out on me. Why don’t you say how you truly feel?

Snowy

Please Ion? Please go on a troll strike again? Pretty please!!?!!!??? At least until you can overcome your twitching eye and mouth? 😉 😉 😉 😀 😀 😉

Who else sees Ion doing those and thinks of Inspector Dreyfus from the Pink Panther movies? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcsgbwBFRs

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

Seriously, you’d be doing us all a favour. I promise not to talk about you while you’re gone, wouldn’t waste my fucking breath.

Holly Pervocracy

This is true, Ion.

…but you’re still the one with his pants around his ankles in the Canned Vegetables And Beans aisle.

Ion

I just told you what the proof would be, in the very post that you quoted. Actually, at this point, forget it. I have my answer.

spearhafoc
spearhafoc

Yeah, Ion, you’re not one of the entertaining trolls. You couldn’t hold a candle to NWOslave or MRAL.

I couldn’t care less if you left, but your presence doesn’t really bother me either. You’re just sort of…there.

Ion

You mean the one where I was away for 2 days and came back to find you still talking about me, and a couple of new forum threads about “the trolls” and “MRA memes?” That one? Yeah, I might be taking another break soon, actually.

Snowy

“And I don’t “hate” anybody here. I don’t even know you. Just because you and your buddies here are full of anger and hate doesn’t mean everyone else is. That’s projection, that is.”

Says the serial supermarket defecater

Need to know

I may never buy canned vegetables again.

Ion

Oh wow, spearhafoc doesn’t find me entertaining, I guess I’d better leave now. Since my whole reason for being here was to amuse him, and I have failed in that task. 🙁

jumbofish

Why don’t you just fucking leave, no one is going to miss your disgusting presence.

You are clearly think you are better than us so why don’t you take your highhorse and leave and stay gone for once.

Bostonian
Bostonian

So, Ion if you don’t hate anyone here, why were you so pissed off when you got banned from the forum?

Snowy

“I guess I’d better leave now.”

Okay, bye Ion!

Snowy

Yeah, Ion was crying about being banned like the orange boner.

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

see you…
wouldn’t want to be you…

NWOslave
NWOslave

Hey ladies, don’t forget to tell Ion he flounced!

Sharculese

Dude. you hovered around until someone made one offhand comment about you, and they you post post posted about how you knew we couldnt live without you while everyone rolled their eyes.

it was like three fucking weeks ago. wait a little longer before lying about it, maybe?

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

Oh man, I was just hoping you’d turn up. “What my mood needs…is a little NWOslave”

Ion

Yeah, Ion was crying about being banned like the orange boner.

I was? News to me. My, quite a tale you’ve constructed. I’ll be back later to hear what else this fictional Ion fellow has been up to. Sounds like quite the character.

“I’ll be back later”

Aww man, you will? I was hoping you’d just stay away this time… *cries* (like Ion did when he was banned)

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

No, you said “what has she ever done” and you said what you would not accept (apparently being a celebrity means that even when you do do charity work, it is worthless), but not what you would accept.

As for your laughable claim of not hating anyone? Why would you say something like that to Ami if not for the fact you hate her?

Ion

jumbofish: Funny how all of you have no problem dishing out insults and abuse 24/7, but lose it when someone responds in kind. No wonder you spend your days on an obscure blog where you get to bully people while hiding behind strength of numbers. Enjoy your echo chamber.

Snowy

“Enjoy your echo chamber.”

Does this mean you’re leaving now? Bye!

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Ion:

Yeah, see, when you tell someone who’s desperately worried about the way her voice sounds to people that it sounds like a guy, you’ve essentially twisted the knife into the stabbing victim. It is your own damn fault people think you’re a little shit as a result. Acting all smug and reveling in the fact that we get upset? Yeah. We are full of hate. At you. For your own actions. It is your own damn fault that we hate you. Doesn’t matter if you hate anybody here or not, you’ve crossed a line. There is nothing you can do right now that can make us think any lower of you.

“It’s not. It’s just been fun to watch you scramble for excuses. Sheesh, I’m telling you to your faces that I’m trolling for lulz and you don’t even care.”

Oh wait, there we go.

You do have a chance to apologize, maybe you truly didn’t know what you were saying. I highly doubt you care, considering this is the umpteenth time you’ve admitted that everything you do is just taking the piss, like a school-yard bully who’s finally found the right buttons to press.

You aren’t here to be constructive, nobody finds you amusing, and strewn shit everywhere, then acted all surprised when people call you out. If I were running this forum, you’d have been banned quite some time ago. As it is, all I can do is put a recommendation in to David to swat one more fly buzzing around. Good bye, Ion, hope we never meet again.

Bostonian
Bostonian

When I have I insulted or abused anyone?

Johnny Pez

Yeah, David, time for Ion to go.

Ion

Kirbywarp: Wow, get more dramatic please. Face it man, you’re on a blog whose purpose is to mock other people. Like a gang of internet bullies, you cheerfully attack and mock everyone who disagrees with you, then high-five each other over your “victory”. But God forbid someone should attack one of you, even when provoked, because that’s just crossing the line! I will say it again, you’re nothing but a gang of obnoxious, hypocritical, cowardly bullies and I will treat you as such. See ya!

jumbofish

bye bye dipshit

*waves*

funny you talk about abuse when you yourself are quite the bully. Its all the same with you bullies, you can’t handle people fighting back. You target weaker people who you don’t expect to fight back and when they do you whine about it like its the greatest injustice in the world.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Aaand there’s the flounce (happy NWO)?

Let the door smack your ass on the way out, it’ll be amusing. 😛

Snowy

Uh oh Kirby, you made Ion mad…

Bostonian
Bostonian

Ami also did not attack Ion either.

Nobby
Nobby

Ion, when did Ami provoke you?

Sharculese

Ami Angelwings

So when is leaving for real? xD This is like the 5th time in this thread he’s claimed he’s leaving xD For a guy who keeps telling us how he doesn’t care, how much of a life he has, and how he doesn’t hate us… he certainly does seem to rly want to hurt ppl and get upset and not being able to disengage xD

Also apparently our snark is like transphobia now? o.O

I think it’s b/c ppl felt you went to a new low here Ion, but you can feel justified if you want… and you can even be happy you pissed everybody off, so you can keep attacking me if you want… my voice, or what surgeries you’ve think I’ve gotten, telling me I’ll never pass if… etc etc… all the things you think trans ppl need to do! 😀 and then you’ll keep getting rises out of ppl xD

but yeah, transphobic personal comments do get ppl here angry, now you know and you can keep doing it to get your “rise” xD

redlocker

“ion can you really not get the difference between making fun of someone’s silly opinions and making fun of a part of their appearance theyre sensitive about?”

Fucking nuance, how does it work? 😉