alpha males antifeminism evil women manginas masculinity men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reactionary bullshit sexual harassment western women suck

America: Land of Soulless Hamster Wusses

Street harassment: The engine of civilization

Here’s a little screed, originally from happierabroad.com, that’s been making the rounds of the manosphere lately. The author, anonymous, describes himself as “an Arab, who has lived and travelled all over the world and is a keen observer of society and people.” The aim of his writing? To let those of us in the West know just how disappointed he is with all of us.  Especially the wussies and bitches.

Meeting Westerners, one of the things I noticed was how insecure and de-masculinized they seemed to me; compared to myself and the male-dominated, testosterone-driven culture of my land.

Using my own keen sense of observation, I have noticed just an eensy weensy bit of misogyny in his writings.  You may notice it as well.

On the internet, most Americans seemed to act like little bitches, little girls brought up in a Feminist perversion of nature.

Well, I don’t know about that whole “perversion of nature” thing, but I have to say the first half of that sentence is pretty spot-on.

It was only after coming to the U.S. and studying here that all the pieces came together – a fascinating look at a dysfunctional man-hating civilization that is the polar opposite of my own culture, and will eventually lead to the collapse of Western civilization.

Uh oh.

Where I come from, men walk proud and rule the streets and testosterone runs in the air; and strong patriarchal foundations of family and the father as ruler of the household. Men harass and aggressively follow women – it is unapologetically a man’s world.

That’s what makes a civilization great: the harassment of women.

Just remember this, men, when you lean out of your car window to yell “Nice ass………WHORE!!!!!!!!!” at passing joggers of the female persuasion, you’re doing your bit to uphold our most noble traditions and help to fend off the forces of darkness.

In the U.S., Feminism has so corrupted the society to it’s core, damaged the very concept of family and the family unit and the father’s role, that society as a whole is like some bizarre alien planet – where men are bland, lack personality, are anti-social, gossipy, soul-less. Men are weak and insecure deep inside … women have all the power and American men seem clueless as to how bizarre the male-female dynamic has become.

How bizzare?

Do soul-less hamsters act differently than soulful ones? How can you tell the difference? Do the ones without souls poop more?

Really? You’re complaining about Facebook? Sorry, that’s just lazy and trite. You’re like the Dane Cook of reactionary misogynist cultural critics.

Wait, what’s that? Is that the dreaded MRA two-period punctuation mark? NOT AGAIN!

Oops. He’s still talking:

You let your women take control, and your society will unravel- it will make your men weak, and destroy your society to it’s core. The patriarchy is a male conceived and enforced institution that was imposed on females, because men, and only men understand well the long-term impacts of civilization and harnessing male energies into productive family units and a stable society …. civilization itself is a result of patriarchy.

You know, if you’re really into harnessing your male energies, you can buy the necessary equipment right here!

To sum if up, it seems to be that the whole country is phitzoprhenic [sic], like a Jekyll and Hyde monstrosity. There is no community, no camaredie, no soul, men and women are willing servants to their corporate masters and slaves to materialism and superficiality; and incredibly conformist, reserved, and politically correct to the point of totalitinarism.

“Conformist?” So now he’s turned into a high school goth?

Come on, dude, if you want to be a social critic, you’re going to need to work a little harder than that. Take a tip or two from this, er, duck:

magdelyn

FIRST!!!!

darksidecat

Ah, that’s one long “citation needed” rant, isn’t it? Really, so often I feel like just asking that lot to prove/give good evidence for a single one of their statments. The claims themselves are so incoherant that asking for a better defined position is necessary from the get go.

ozymandias42

You know, at this point it’s just getting depressing. Is there a single misogynist who ISN’T also completely misandrist? Just for a change of pace?

mediumdave
mediumdave

One of these days, these “feminism is destroying civilization!” ranters should get around to explaining why the most feminist-influenced countries are, generally speaking, the most powerful and prosperous ones.

Jeanette
Jeanette

“That’s one long citation-needed rant, isn’t it?” QFT

MizDarwin

He should just put it in Allah’s hand.

firebee
firebee

Personally, I think it’s nice that the MRAs have gotten into writing erotic fiction — it’s quite a good way to explore one’s fantasies (in this case, being cuckolded by racial bogeymen) in a safe environment. It would be a little better to label said erotic fiction AS such, but these finer points can be worked on.

Tabby Lavalamp
Tabby Lavalamp

Please excuse my language for a moment…

Holy friggin’ fuck frak.

There is misogyny and there is misogyny. I don’t hate men, but in the world that this particular one wants? I would. I would hate them passionately. VIVA LA REVOLUCION levels of hatred. Because you know what? I will not be treated as as less than human, and I will not tolerate living in a society that allows that and just the way things are.

filetofswedishfish

Seconding Tabby Lavalamp. I’m pretty ok with how the world is now, even though it could be better. If we went to this guys world, which seems to basically be “The Handmaid’s Tale”? I would be some sort of fugitive guerilla resistance fight. Sweet jeebus.

Alex

You know? Some of the things he said are true. Large corporations do have problems, lack of communication is a problem, etc. in modern society. Connection with feminism? I fail to see… *throwing up hands* CITATION NEEDED! Goddammit…

Johnny Pez

David, ITYM the forces of Darknyss.

@ Ozy

It’s hard to hate half the human race without hating the other half.

vacuumslayer

I know I speak for hamsters everywhere when I say “WTF!? Don’t lump us in with the American manginas, bro!”*

*sure to become the next “Don’t taze me, bro!”

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

You know, these guys never exactly specify what makes a patriarchal family so awesome. I mean, they think its obvious that a mini-monarch is one of the most sacred and excellent things to have, but what exactly makes it so special?

Pro: All discussions and questions can have a satisfactory answer, from the father
Con: All discussions’ answers will only be satisfactory to the father

Pro: Everyone in the family will be cared for by the powerful male
Con: Everyone will be at the mercy of the powerful male, and the male may be overwhelmed when things go badly

Pro: All those whorish women will be kept in their place, pure and chaste
Con: If such a women were to be raped by a dominant male, she would be the one killed, through no fault of her own. It’s like killing an attempted murder victim instead of the murder, for having the audacity of being attacked with a knife.

Seriously… The only way you can accept that this is the right society to be in is if you have some absurd religious justification, or if you accept the notion that women aren’t truly people. As soon as you accept that a woman is a person just like a man, this system becomes the very height of immorality.

For future trolls/people who agree with this guy; list your justifications for why the testosterone-laden-air society is better than one where all inhabitants are treated equally and fairly, and each has the same claims to rights, life, and justice as the other. If you were put behind a veil of ignorance, and could not know whether you would end up as a male or female (or trans, intersexed, etc.), which society would you choose to live in?

vacuumslayer

“MizDarwin says:
August 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm
He should just put it in Allah’s hand.”

HOT. Rambling mysognist/Allah slashfic, anyone?

Bee
Bee

Is there anyone who’s read this and DOESN’T think it was written by a guy in his mid-20s who’s never traveled more than 50 miles from his parents’ house in Calabasas?

Johnny Pez

Also, needs more “Sex and the City”.

Testosterone in the air? Ick.

hellkell
hellkell

It could also use a few bon-bons.

Bee
Bee

Re. soulless hamsters, I was watching “True Blood” last night, and I thought, “Fuck werepanthers. What about werehamsters?” Assuming that werehamsters exist (and I think we can), are they soulless? What if they drink vampire blood?

The council of elder hamsters will convene shortly to discuss this matter.

johnnykaje

Holy crap… if Duckman didn’t support his family, and wasn’t funny or redeemable, he’d be the perfect MRA.

“I can’t believe they shared their girlfriends withus Corny!
I just spent the night with the sexiest, most insatiable,
voluptious, adventureous, least inhibited women I’ve ever
met! If she didn’t suddenly get a headache.. Woo Hoo!
there’s no telling what wild and taudry escapades we might
have experienced. How was your night?”

“Like yours… minus the headache.”

bekabot
bekabot

“Also, terrible social and people skills – at least in California. Most people communicate via twitter and Facebook, even though most of the people on their Facebook live in the same city and a phone call away.”

Someone please explain to me two things:

1) How is it that Twitter and Facebook aren’t more “masculine” than the phone is — never mind what they’re called? They’re more technologically advanced and they foster a kind of communication which is more distanced, abstract, and mediated than the kind of communication you get either face-to-face or over the phone. How is it that “more distanced, abstract, and mediated” doesn’t still translate into “more masculine”? It always has up till now.

2) How exactly is the beaten-and-ambushed Western male supposed to develop his “people skills” without becoming more “gossipy”? Just wanna know. (I’ll take the answer off the line.)

johnnykaje

ozymandias42

kirbywarp: Let me try! Let me try!

Women are more sexually attracted to men who can lead them, because EVOLUTION, so a patriarchal system only makes sense. Without the guidance of a male, they will follow their gina tingles to men who will lead, which is mostly men who treat them like shit and PUAs, given the transformation of the American male to manginas. Then, since every man wants a virgin because a virgin won’t know that he sucks in– I mean, won’t cheat on him, the women are ruining their abilities to get married and will end up living alone with their cats. In addition, a patriarchy allows every man to have his inalienable, God-given right to a pussy, which will keep sexually frustrated men from dropping out of society and/or shooting up the place.

Also, killing rape survivors is just a sanction against sluts. Slutty, slutty rape survivors.

Johnny Pez

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: ‘You let your women take control
And your society will unravel — it will make
Your men weak, and destroy your society
To its core. The patriarchy is a male conceived
And enforced institution that was imposed on females,
Because men, and only men understand well
The long-term impacts of civilization
And harnessing male energies into productive family units
And a stable society …. “I am patriarchy, begetter of civilization:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.’

ozymandias42

Johnny: Marry me?

Molly Ren

“In the workplace, Americans are Automatons, like soul-less hamsters on a wheel. Fake conversations, no intellectualism, no interest in other countries, peoples, or history.”

Actually, this seems a very ’90s viewpoint. (Or very Fight Club-esque.) Nowadays I think a more likely scenario is either A.) everyone’s terrified at their workplace because they might lose their job, or B.) panicking because they’ve just lost their job.

Ion

In the workplace, Americans are Automatons, like soul-less hamsters on a wheel. Fake conversations, no intellectualism, no interest in other countries, peoples, or history.(…) People are vacuous, shallow, superficial, suggestible. Men raised here are fake, insecure, lack personality, they seem to have “issues.” Women are confused and messed up ..

I’d have to agree with this, though I’m not sure how much it has to do with feminism. I will say that having lived in both North America and all around Europe, I did notice that in certain parts of central/eastern Europe the men have a more macho, masculine attitude, a sort of “male pride”. They are more confident, more assertive and the friendships between them seem stronger, but unfortunately there are also higher levels of misogyny. Funnily enough though, the women also seem more confident and down-to-earth, less flaky and neurotic, and quite able to hold their own with the guys. On the other hand, in Western Europe and North America, I’ve seen large numbers of neurotic, effeminate, metrosexual men who just seem fake and weak, like there’s no masculinity to them, and yes, more women with “issues”. What causes this is debatable, but that’s been my personal experience anyway.

Johnny Pez

@ Ozy

Already married. However, I would be proud to number myself among your nerd harem.

Holly Pervocracy

“You’re all conformists! You should be conforming to my conformist culture instead!”

Molly Ren

Ion wrote, “On the other hand, in Western Europe and North America, I’ve seen large numbers of neurotic, effeminate, metrosexual men who just seem fake and weak, like there’s no masculinity to them, and yes, more women with ‘issues’.”

How about we start with what makes a male, male? Are these men effeminate simply because they wear hipster t-shirts and eyeliner? Is it because you think none of them are able to defend themselves in hand-to-hand combat? Do they sit with their legs closer together? Because if all you’re basing this on is a certain style of clothing, a fratboy becomes female as soon as he puts on a dress for a Halloween party.

Molly Ren

Also, are metrosexuals even a thing anymore? I thought all the hipsters killed them off.

redlocker

@Holly: QFT. The irony is unbelievable.

ozymandias42

Then why are you condemning it?

Molly Ren

“They are more confident, more assertive and the friendships between them seem stronger…”

Here in America, we call that “slash fiction”.

Ion

No, it’s definitely not just clothes, although they do play a part. It’s the whole attitude and way of speaking and behaving, which makes them appear weak, wishy-washy and sexually confused, and the feminists will hate me for this but they do adopt more of the stereotypically ‘female’ traits like gossiping, getting emotional etc. And before you accuse me of considering the Jersey Shore guys as paragons of masculinity, I don’t, I think it’s just a different kind of insecurity.

redlocker

“And what’s wrong with being effeminate anyway? Does it make you disrespect other people’s boundaries? Does it make you stupid? Rude? Boring? Less likely to help people carrying heavy shit or let your friends cry on your shoulder? Less likely to volunteer or give to charity? In any way a less awesome person than a masculine person?”

Haven’t you heard, Ozy. To a REAL MAN consideration and decency aren’t even in one’s vernacular.

Which explains a lot about how they view rape, domestic violence etc..

Ion

Then why are you condemning it?

Trollin'MRAs
Trollin'MRAs

Yeah.. what California needs is to become a lot more like the middle east. LOLWAT??
And these dudes reposted this shit like they actually agree with it?

We need to fund a MRA cruise ship that will dump all these bitter angry guys in Yemen. Visit the promised land of masculinity today!

Molly Ren

So what’s your “ideal man”, Ion?

Ion wrote, “It’s the whole attitude and way of speaking and behaving, which makes them appear weak, wishy-washy and sexually confused, and the feminists will hate me for this but they do adopt more of the stereotypically ‘female’ traits like gossiping, getting emotional etc.”

This way of viewing modern masculinity still feels very dated to me. I’m totally willing to concede that men were confused about how to act when gender ideals were changing, but it’s also not the ’90s anymore.

Anyone else getting this feeling? What do you think the ideal man looks like now?

Ion

Which explains a lot about how they view rape, domestic violence etc.

The snark is strong with this one. Where did I say “real men” lack consideration or decency? Where did I even imply it? Where did I talk about views on rape and domestic violence? It looks like you’re just projecting your own agenda onto my post and seeing what you want to see rather than what I actually said. For the record if it wasn’t clear enough, no, I do not support either rape or domestic violence, and don’t believe that “real men” must be emotionless, unempathetic brutes. Although considering the way you and your buddies viciously attack anyone who disagrees with you around here, you’re probably not the best person to talk about consideration and decency in any case.

Johnny Pez

What do you think the ideal man looks like now?

A basenji.

redlocker

“What can I say, spoken like a true feminist who won’t rest until all humans are interchangeable, androgynous clones of each other. I happen to like men who are masculine and women who are feminine, and if that makes me a retrograde simpleton in a few extremists’ eyes, I can live with it.”

The issue is that you want that image at the expense of other people. If you like those images, fine, but to advocate for it in such a bitter roundabout way that basically erases people who DON’T want to participate in those things (never mind that, like Ozy said, people who don’t participate in what you view as aren’t hurting anybody in their quest for identity).

redlocker

in what you view as right*

Damn typo.

Molly Ren

Ion wrote, “I happen to like men who are masculine and women who are feminine, and if that makes me a retrograde simpleton in a few extremists’ eyes, I can live with it.”

Nah, it just makes you bisexual.

Ion

That’s a good question. I don’t think either one is the ideal, the sensitive new-age guy or the macho fratboy. Probably something in-between, a man who’s strong, confident and unapologetic about his masculinity, yet at the same time treats others with kindness and respect? What’s your ideal man?

Holly Pervocracy

I happen to like men who are masculine and women who are masculine.

But I’m okay with it if other people also exist.

Trollin'MRAs
Trollin'MRAs

I think Ion would prefer the cool Californese term, “heteroflexible.”

Ion

It sounds like you’re personally invested in this. I’m not even sure what in my post constituted “a bitter roundabout way that erases people”, but my answer is that they can do whatever they want. But I’m not required to like it or approve of it. Freedom goes both ways.

Holly Pervocracy

What can I say, spoken like a true bigot who won’t rest until all men and all women are interchangeable clones of each other.

You’re thinking in terms of one model or two; I’m thinking in terms of BILLIONS. Feminine men and masculine women and androgynous people don’t subtract diversity from the world; they add to it. And nobody’s saying you can’t be a masculine man unless your definition of masculinity requires harming or controlling others.

1 2 3 6