gloating manginas men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men terrorism the spearhead threats

MRA Peter Nolan on Anders Breivik: “In different times … he would be called a hero.”

The work of a "hero?"

Some in the manosphere have been quick to label mass murderer Anders Breivik a “madman,” trying their best to pretend that his noxious misogynist ideology bears no resemblance to their own. Others, while endorsing at least some of his ideas, have distanced themselves from his actions.

As for MRA loose cannon Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c), well, I’ll just let him explain himself. In a comment on The Spearhead, which naturally earned him multiple upvotes from the assembled mob, the man with the strangely punctuated name offered this take [LINK FIXED] on the killer:

Anders Breivik sees himself as a soldier who is fighting for a worthy cause. That cause being his country. Women and leftists then make him out to be “insane” and are looking for “who is to blame”. Well they might start looking in the mirror. The most pervasive element of western civilization today is its hatred of men and all things male. There is a particularly strong hatred of fathers and husbands. I know. I used to be a father and a husband. I have never experienced hatred in my life as vehement as by women in divorce.

And then the justifications began:

It is only natural and normal that some men decide to take matters into their own hands at all the hatred spewed at them and their marginalization. Men often see that some things are worth fighting for. Men often then take action to fight for what they believe in.

Anders Breivik is not crazy. He’s as rational as the next man. He sees that his country is being destroyed. He sees that the people responsible for that destruction are the left of politics. And he would be correct. He took action to stop what he believes is the destruction of his country.

Followed by a smug told-you-so:

Of course, when Nolan refers to “telling women” that angry men will erupt in violence, what he means is “offering guys on The Spearhead specific tips on how exactly to kill innocent people.”

I’m not going to repost the vile suggestions he set forth in a now notorious Spearhead comment some months back, but I will note that they included handy tips on how to efficiently kill police officers, as well as specific advice on the best ways to take out large numbers of people in “malls … girls schools, police stations, guvment buildings. Full of women and manginas.” He ended the comment with a not-terribly-convincing attempt at plausible deniability:

Do any of you here realise just how easy it is to ANY of these things? I am not recommending them or even condining them. But if a man got into the frame of mind of Sodini and was actually SMART about it. There are PLENTY of ways he could attack women and manginas and their cop protectors with NO CHANCE AT ALL OF BEING CAUGHT as long as he kept his mouth shut.

Naturally, this comment got dozens of upvotes from the Spearhead regulars.

In a followup comment on The Spearhead last night, Nolan mocked another commenter for offering words of sympathy to the “innocent victims.” That last phrase seemed to send him into a fury:

Those who were killed were not “innocent victims” in the main. Anders Breivik is as sane as the next man. …

This was an act of war and he considers himself a soldier. In different times, as in WW II, he would be called a hero.

The people he killed were the children of those who had betrayed him and his fellow norwegians. I would put forward the opinion that the political leaders are responsible for the war on men and the destruction of the families of men. What could be more “an eye for an eye” than to kill the children of those who were so willing to destroy mens families and destroy the homeland of men?

In killing children of those who are betraying men? He is sending a very clear message.

“You may think you are protected by your police and your security…..but we can find your children…and you can not protect them except by locking them into a secure area.”

He then went on to make what I think can only be called a veiled threat towards Predident Obama’s daughters; I won’t repeat it here.

Then back to the “innocent children” remark:

These “innocent victims” of whom you speak are the children of those who are criminals. And since Anders Breivik could not get to the REAL criminals he went after the children. Is that such a bad idea? Are they not legitimate targets if the primary targets can not be reached?

This also received multiple upvotes from The Spearhead crowd, and a much smaller number of downvotes. [UPDATE: The post has now started attracting downvotes, but the upvotes still outnumber them considerably.]

Yes, it is truly strange that anyone could possibly associate the MRM with violence in any way.

zombie rotten mcdonald

I am pretty sure that even in WW2, killing defenseless children was considered criminal.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

Well, you can’t have a war without war crimes.

darksidecat

The MRA responses to this mass murder have been so disgusting I stopped reading the threads about it here. Supporting murder of children? Not cool. Not cool if the children’s parents were criminals. Not cool if the children themselves were criminals. In fact, gunning down a crowd of unarmed civilians is never cool. Right wingers and their support of terrorism is repulsive. Also, those who committed targeted mass murder of their enemies’ children during WW2 weren’t heroes, they were Nazis.

Bostonian
Bostonian

MRAs, still a lot like KKK (with less orginization!)

zombie rotten mcdonald

MRAs, still a lot like KKK (with less orginization!)

No snappy uniforms either.

filetofswedishfish

It was a joke, you morans! Can’t you see his…uh. Sarcasm? Irony? Something?

Yup, nothing to see here. No endorsement of violence, nope, not ever. *No true Scotsman goes here* etc.

lijaka

I really hope the police are keeping track of that Nolan guy, since he’s acting like a terrorist ringleader, laying out tips and plans for mass murder. They should be keeping tabs on him and whoever is reading his horrible advice.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

darksidecat:

One small, but I think important point I think you missed in your statement: “Also, those who committed targeted mass murder of their enemies’ children during WW2 weren’t heroes, they were Nazis.”

The Nazis weren’t the only ones who murdered children during WWII, war and the lawlessness that *always* follows wars give bad people the space to do bad things.

Kave
Kave

And Peter wonders why his wife divorced him and keeps him away from his children. That is what is so awful about the mra, they have to know that there are men in the world that abuse their wives and/or children.

Wouldn’t a guy like Peter who obviously is a delusional narcissistic at best be someone who they might think “hmm could be two sides to this story…” but no, instead they offer sympathy.

caseymordred
caseymordred

Revolting is way too kind a word for his brand of garbage.

vacuumslayer

Somebody get a screencap of it fast.

I want to point to this every time an MRA gets butthurt about being lumped in with Christian terrorists.

cynickal
cynickal

Dresden, Tokyo, Nagasaki, Heroshima… Sadly our hands aren’t clean either. The Allies didn’t specifically target them like Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) is recommending, but war crimes were involved on both sides. War is a very, very bad thing and we should make every effort to avoid it.

Not cool if the children’s parents were criminals.

This is where their ideas of blood-libel stretches to all the people they don’t like. They can’t separate out idea from identity.

vacuumslayer

Yeah, seriously, screencap. Somebody will come along soon to try and scrub the web of it. I want it preserved.

Omskivar
Omskivar

Kave: There are only two sides to the story if the first side is one he doesn’t support, and the second is one he can twist to fit his own ideology.

speedlines
speedlines

David, the first two links go to the same post.

Pyena

Killing children is a horrible, cowardly thing to do and the MRAs who try to defend the shooter are no better than he is. I’ve officially lost what little sympathy I had for the MRA.

zombie rotten mcdonald

I want it preserved.

Hopefully, like a bug. Killed, then pinned and sealed under glass.

vacuumslayer

Thanks so much, Laura. Preshadit. 🙂

speedlines
speedlines

If Wacky Pete actually thinks the First Daughters don’t have Secret Service following them around 24/7, he’s even more out to lunch than I previously thought.

zombie rotten mcdonald

He then went on to make what I think can only be called a veiled threat towards Predident Obama’s daughters.

it wasn’t that veiled.

carswell
carswell

Anders Breivik is not crazy. He’s as rational as the next man.

Because the rational response to your paranoid grievances is to go out and shoot a bunch of people who have no connection whatsoever to you.

Karalora

This leapt out at me:

“The people he killed were the children of those who had betrayed him and his fellow norwegians.”

The people he killed WERE his fellow Norwegians, Nolan, you utter waste of skin! And so are their parents!

Kita

Interesting. I was just reading on reddit that the MRAs are up in a tizzy because they think we’re “co-opting” the Norway Massacre “for feminism,” and that of course, the fact that *just a few* MRAs have written in support of him shouldn’t be used against the “movement” at all.

The MRAs have been calling for violence for some time. It just goes to show what an abhorrent, failed “movement” would identify with someone who terrorizes their families (Ball) or murders children (Breivik).

They feel “emasculated” by a state that no longer puts men’s rights first, by divorce and custody cases where you can’t always predict a winner, and by a culture that is becoming more and more progressive with time. And with progressive thought comes the advancement of human rights and discussions of privilege. How else do you react to rational thinking that goes against your privilege? With irrationality, of course.

Raoul
Raoul

It ain’t just the threat to privilege that pisses these guys off. I really believe it’s the concept of human rights itself.

There’s a yearning for a time when the only real law was manly force – as if that were pure and good.

darksidecat

There is a reason I included the word “targeted”…

filetofswedishfish

Raoul- It doesn’t have to be “pure and good” if white men are the only ones counted as people. If everyone but them is second-class-status, by default, everything they do is A-OK

tictoc
tictoc

Wow. These posts usually leave me either enraged or bemused, but this is so far off the deep end, I am almost numb.

After reading this, and other apologists for the Norwegian terrorist, I now feel no desire to engage, mock, or educate these guys, I just want to stay far far away.

At some point you have to wonder if law enforcement is or should be monitoring these sites. Lord knows, any chat rooms discussing the heroics of the 9/11 hijackers would attract FBI attention.

speedlines
speedlines

Ironic thing is, in a world of “manly force,” most of these keyboard jockeys would be toast.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I don’t know what shocks me more, how awful his posts are or the fact that none of the other Spearhead guys called him out on them. I realize the Spearhead commenters are zealous, but don’t even they have a point when they decide one of their fellow MRA’s is getting too extreme? Is it possible for Nolan to offend them?

How could anyone feel sympathy for Anders Breivik either? It breaks my heart that a madman could destroy so many innocent lives. I saw a massacre two months ago, but at least then it was the result of nature and not the result of a terrorist. A tragedy seems worse to me when a person causes it, because it is all the more senseless. I hope the survivors get counseling for the survivor’s guilt and post traumatic stress disorder that are likely to strike them after the shock wears off. After the news crews leave the scene of the disaster, the rest of the world forgets but the victims live with that pain forever.

Holly Pervocracy

Ugh. This one just got to me. Real soldiers take orders from their country. Real soldiers follow orders they don’t always want to. Real soldiers don’t get to run off on their own and do what they think is right.

…Oh, and real soldiers sure as fuck don’t massacre civilians from their own goddamn country!

Nice passive voice, bro. Real smooth.

“Nice gender you got there. Shame if anything were to happen to it.”

magdelyn

“…Shame if anything were to happen to it.”

What is that supposed to imply? Maybe Ms. Kieu Becker? Looks like violence is celebrated on both sides…depending on the perpetrator and victim.

Keep working it Perv.

Magz (live from NYC)

Holly Pervocracy

Magz – No matter how badly you want it to happen, feminists are not championing Ms. Kieu Becker and never did.

Holly Pervocracy

Oh wait, I think you just misunderstood me.

The “Shame if anything were to happen to it” was a sardonic rephrasing of P-A:N’s sentiments toward women. It was not my sentiments toward men.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Did I just witness an utter failure of comprehension? Magdelyn, you.. you do realize that the quotes mean someone else’s voice, and therefore snark.. right? Right?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Ah, I see you’ve got this one, Holly.

Carry on then. *blobs away*

shaenon

I am totally baffled that this Nolan guy is legally barred from contact with his ex-wife and children. Man, those courts are unfair, aren’t they?

Breivik’s father on his son’s heroic actions (via Wikipedia):

After the attack, Jens Breivik is quoted as saying, “I don’t feel like his father,” and, “How could he just stand there and kill so many innocent people and just seem to think that what he did was OK? He should have taken his own life, too. That’s what he should have done,” adding, “I will have to live with this shame for the rest of my life.”

Sharculese

Do any of you here realise just how easy it is to ANY of these things?

I’ve never considered a massive act of terrorism, but I’m gonna guess it’s not that easy, and takes a lot of planning if you want to end up with more than burn marks on your underpants.

Johnny Pez

adding, “I will have to live with this shame for the rest of my life.”

There you feminists go again with your shaming language.

Shora

It’s getting kind of annoying that the Kieu Becker’s heinous crime and Sharon Osborn’s even more disgusting response to it is being trotted out as the “See! You feminists are violent too!” When a) That was not my reaction i was just as disgusted about that as any mra quit putting words in my mouth god dammit and b) No one I know with a heart and half a brain was anything but horrified. Including NSWATM and including all of the feminist places I frequent. Furthermore, any feminist article or post that I read that come within a whisper of sounding a little like victim blaming I verbally and publicly smacked down.

FEMINISTS DON’T THINK CUTTING DICKS OFF IS FUNNY SO CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON NOW KTHX

Sharculese

Also, can someone explain the deal with the (c) after his name. Does he actually think he copyrighted his name?

Shora

That poor, poor man. As a parent, he probably feels responsibility for what happened. I can’t even imagine how he is dealing with this.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

OT:

“I have been telling women for three years now that hatred of men in general and fathers in particular is going to see men killing a lot of women and children. Well? We just saw 76.”

P-A:N must have missed this… This latest disaster saw the death of a lot of men and boys.. I mean, I know he thinks they must be manginas, otherwise why would they be killed? But still…

I guess I shouldn’t be trying to grasp the logic behind a guy who thinks gunning down people is the way to get over a persecution complex…

Holly Pervocracy

Shaenon – As a Child Of Divorce, I wonder if these guys get that it’s actually not normal to be barred from all contact with your wife and children?

I mean, I’m not saying it’s right every time it happens (hard to say that about any legal decision), but the main reason that happens is serious ongoing abuse. It’s not a matter of “oh, you know, typical no-fault divorce, split the community property, lots of arguing over stupid little stuff, totally barred from contact with rest of family.”

My parents amicably agreed to continue sharing responsibility for their kids and there was no family-court haggling at all, much less telling my father he couldn’t see me!

Admittedly their case might have been unusually drama-free, but it’s really not normal (and not totally unsuspicious) for a father to be denied all contact for no reason.

Holly Pervocracy

…The more I think about it, the more I realize that not even getting supervised visitation is pretty damn hard to do.

That’s past “got screwed in the divorce” and “okay, it’s fairly certain he put someone in the hospital.”

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Sharculese, the reason PAN spells his name with such unusual punctuation is because he is part of the sovereign citizen movement. It’s a very strange extremist movement where the members believe they are sovereigns and not bound by the laws of the countries in which they reside. They spell their names oddly to show they have reclaimed their true identities, and are not expected to pay mortgages, taxes, child support, or anything else they don’t like. In the US, “sovereign citizens” have frequent run ins with the law over these issues. PAN himself fantasizes that someday he and a group of like minded men will form common law courts where he can get revenge against all of his personal enemies. The Anti Defamation League has a good article on the sovereign citizen movement.

Shora

Holly; Adding my two cents as another child of divorce.

My mother had legal grounds to bar my father from seeing me on account of his not paying child support. It’s not like my mother took him to court and made it so his payments skyrocketed through the roof. In fact, she only pushed for the legal minimum of what he was expected to pay, and he still didn’t. And it’s not like my mother had a whole lot of money and was just trying to drain him out of greed; we were really poor growing up and there were a lot of things we had to do without, and my mother was stressed beyond belief and worked herself sick to make ends meet and to make sure i was getting a good education. Ends didn’t always meet and some patches were a lot rougher then others, but she got us through with (it seems to me) sheer will and strength of character.

All through this she never used me as a bargaining chip to get the money that she not only was entitled to but needed. She said that I needed my father and she always did her best to make sure I could see him on a regular basis.

Like holly, this is probably not a usual case but…. this whole “women are goldigging child-stealing bitches” talk gets little more than eyerolls from me.

Shora

Sovreign Citizen Movement!? WTF?

I’m above the law…. because I say so!!!

Holly Pervocracy

Shora – It could be that and not abuse, true.

I guess I always think of nonpayment as a guy choosing not to see his kids, because he could always decide to make the payments.

But if you’re the sort of person who thinks spelling your name funny means you don’t have to pay taxes, I can see why you might not make the mental connection between “support kids” and “see kids.”

…Or he put someone in the hospital.

Sophie

Now I feel rather unsafe.

1 2 3 8