hypocrisy man boobz forum misogyny MRA reddit

The Man Boobz Challenge meets The Men’s Rights Subreddit

It would be nice to be able to respond to this steaming pile of bullshit on Reddit’s Men’s Rights Subreddit, but I have been banned there for the crime of including the subreddit in my “boob roll.” (I’m not going to set up a sockpuppet account to comment.)

MR redditors are of course allowed to comment here, as are the moderators of that subreddit. Even though they are boobz.

Here’s the thread in the Man Boobz Forum in which Holly posted the Man Boobz challenge.

jumbofish

do I dare click? yes

He’s a cock apologist…and he unfortunately has a long kool-aid line

this is my favorite one

jumbofish

what the fuck am I reading

the last quote sums my thoughts all up. What the fuck am I reading?

pervocracy

As far as I can tell, I’m a horrible misandrist just for linking to you. I also had a thread on NSWATM derailed over the fact that I was a Manboobz poster and therefore a misandrist.

You’re so evil, David, you’ve ruined me just by association.

ozymandias42

I have to say, Manboobz is the single thing on the blogroll that has caused the most headaches. More than Shakesville and FF101 combined, which is amazing, because both Shakes and FF101 have actually said problematic things, whereas afaict David, um, hasn’t.

pervocracy

Also I don’t think they don’t know what a “trigger warning” is. Or, true to form (since they don’t actually care about male victims of violence except as a weapon against women), don’t care.

Also they’re not even trying to claim that they don’t hate women.

pervocracy

Nahida

People who have a problem with Manboobz are highly suspicious. No one will ever give me shit for having David on my blogroll–the fact that they’ve got issues calling out violence with exact quotes says more about them than Manboobz.

ozymandias42

*possibly all MRAs, depending on whether you count father’s rights advocates as MRAs.

summer_snow

Hey Holly, did you know that you unfairly and hypocritically deleted some “reputable research that includes abuse of men” that some random MRAs pooped out in the comments on your blog?
You abuse-excusing, VAWA-loving, propaganda-writing, dissenter-squashing misandrist.

If you were a man, I’d spit on you.

Wait, that’s sexist.

*spits on self*

Pecunium

Man Boobz is a problem on the blogroll because it is something Shakeville, or Feministe, or Pam’ House Blend aren’t… aimed at them.

If they want to attack a feminist site they are in easy territory; it’s what they do. They can look at an argument and use the shibboleths of the movement… VAWA, Title IX, Child Support, and it all falls neatly into place.

By way of example… Harlan’s post about elevators. It’s not up any more.

That’s why Man Boobz, and the Man Boobzers get so much vitriol from them.

Johnny Pez

That David — he’s a rebel, and he’ll never be any good.

pervocracy

summer_snow – I know you’re being sarcastic, but my comment policy specifically states that I may delete comments at my sole discretion, tough noogies.

Also it was a thread where a lot of abuse survivors (including men!) were sharing their stories, and have some goddamn decency, dude.

summer_snow

@ Holly – Yes, I know your comments policy. I lurk. (I love your Cosmocking articles!) I was just deeply amused that MRAs consider their canned screeds “reputable research”.

filetofswedishfish

That entire thread is an exercise in NOT GETTING IT. NOT GETTING IT AT ALL.

Nymeria
Nymeria

I love how they’ve made trigger warnings their own. It’s adorable.

Pecunium

Yeah… the, “I added misandry to the challenge because he left it out,”…. way to miss the point.

I don’t know what they were doing with the “trigger warning” other than trying to mock The Pervocracy.

magdelyn

Since I spend much of my time on r/mensrights, I am surprised you were banned for including us on your boob-roll. How does one get included on your boob-roll? Thanx in advance. 🙂

magdelyn

Ozymandias: “I’m kind of impressed, David, because it’s the closest the Internet MRAs* have come to actual activism.”

“…’Men’s Rights’ Groups Have Become Frighteningly Effective.” (Kathryn Joyce, Double X, November 5, 2009.”

magdelyn

The phrase “trigger warning” is used to manipulate people into demonstrating the socially acceptable amount of required outrage toward whatever subject is presented. It is an idiotic gesture.

KitaKita

@ magdelyn – wow, I’m so glad you’re here to tell me what trigger warnings are really all about! I thought they were to keep people who’ve been hurt from getting oh, you know, triggered by a particularly evocative post. It also seems as though you might not be paying quite enough attention to your own sources – as ozymandias said, she exempted “father’s rights” groups from her comment…which are what this article refers to as being effective.

This is so relevant to our discussion (taken from your own source) [critics of the] “men’s rights movements reflect the tactics of domestic abusers themselves, minimizing existing violence, calling it mutual, and discrediting victims.”

@ David – Gracious, those reddit MRAs sure get bent out of shape whenever they’re “censored” anywhere and call in gigantic downvote/comment mobs. But they seem awfully fond of censoring or banning anyone that disagrees with them. Pot, kettle?

ozymandias42

The phrase “trigger warning” is used to warn people who can get flashbacks, cold sweats, etc., from reminders of the trauma they suffered- such as, for instance, rape– manage their PTSD .

*shrug* So? I don’t read Double X. I don’t have to agree with everything said by every single person who calls himself or herself a feminist, you know?

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

“When Dave puts up a post they don’t like they have to actually defend the positions that take, as opposed to attack the things they think are unfair in the wider world. That’s a real threat. It makes Dave more dangerous than any ten feminists.

It’s worse because there is an active commentariat here; people who think, and care, and go out into the wider world to discuss this sort of thing.”

Yes, as Mark Twain pointed out, laughter is a particularly powerful weapon.

And Pecunium, one of my favorite things about this blog is the way you slice and dice trolls. it’s a beautiful thing to watch. 🙂

summer_snow

Hippodameia, I consider it more of a deft skewering and then a thorough roasting.

redlocker

Awww, there are people who hate people like ME just for being here? If so, that funny as hell: MRAs do a lot of “work” and have little results, I just dick around here on the comments and suddenly I’m akin to an RPG boss. 😀

magdelyn

I know what the mammoth picture is supposed to represent at the top of this website. But, what is the girlio with the weird grin, red dress, riding a cock, with her legs straddling the phalic pole supposed to represent?

Bee
Bee

Just a typical American woman riding the cock carousel, of course!

summer_snow

Magdelyn, it’s the Bad Boy Cock Carousel. Some MRAs claim that all women ride the bad boy/alpha cock carousel (aka have a lot of sex with men who aren’t them and thus must be terrible) until they get old and ugly, at which point they con less attractive men into marrying them.
It’s a hilarious mental image, so David decided to draw it out.

Bostonian
Bostonian

The Alpha Cock Carousel, no less!

summer_snow

Is that an Alpha Cock? I don’t think so; Alpha Cocks would have several women riding them at the same time.
This one is just a smoker with a comb piercing. Definitely a Bad Boy.

Ami Angelwings

I’m disappointed that they never go after me xD Esp since I’m VILE and CRUEL and other such things xD

mind you, I’m not on the blog roll xD And ppl who dislike me can’t generally get thru my writing xD

But I want to see them take me apart! 😀 I wanna know what man-hating things I’ve done!!

XD

I mean I’ve alrdy gotten rape and death threats from vegetarians xD

jumbofish

Nope, its for ptsd triggers so people don’t have panic attacks. Its a common courtesy in feminist circles. I can tell you from my own experience they aren’t pleasant, they sometimes feel like your having a heart attack.

Magpie
Magpie

“death threats from vegetarians”? really? I mean, I believe you, but i’m tryig to picture a murderous vegetarian in my head, and it’s not working. :3

jumbofish

Ami Angelwings

It was v odd o_O I wrote a piece of satire (I was mocking a guy who wrote “why I’m anti-feminist” and changed it to “why I’m anti-vegetarian”) and vegetarians took it seriously (even tho I had lines like “some of my best friends are vegetables”)

and I was inundated by death threats and a few ppl hoping I got raped o_O

Johnny Pez

i’m trying to picture a murderous vegetarian in my head, and it’s not working

Ami is so awesome she can even turn vegetarians into frothing maniacs.

Magpie
Magpie

Ah. I see. Mind you, I have seen anti-vegetarian screeds that read like that. ( Probably written by people like the original anit-feminist) 😉 And frothing maniacs are ten a penny. I’m still amused by the idea of vegetarian frothing maniacs though. I’m glad Ami is a goddess, and therefore immortal and safe from assasination-by-vegetable.

evilwhitemalempire
evilwhitemalempire

“-This person must not deny the existence of historical and CURRENT discrimination against women”

Go to hell.

Johnny Pez

Why this is hell, nor am I out of it.

Johnny Pez

and therefore immortal and safe from assasination-by-vegetable.

And pointed sticks.

summer_snow

“and yeah… ppl who said it was wrong to kill and eat animals were threatening to KILL me xD”

Yes, but were they threatening to eat you too? It’s not hypocrisy unless there’s cannibalism involved!

Ami Angelwings

did EWME just get so angry he couldn’t even make a fat joke? o_O xD

Magpie
Magpie

to EWME, hell is fat people

AndersH
AndersH

A while ago I wrote a long-ish response to someone doing the “female-on-male domestic violence happens just as often!”, but I don’t want to post it in the Pervocracy thread because, as mentioned, that post isn’t about that and I don’t want to minimize the experiences of male abuse victims, but it is a handy resource when dealing with the people claiming that domestic violence is all a feminist conspiracy theory. To not fill up this thread with it, here’s a link:

vacuumslayer

I’m not sure why David upsets them so. He’s just planning on meeting us for coffee then raping us. You’d think they’d approve.

titfortat

Ozy – This may be paranoia, but sometimes I get the distinct feeling (like today, when I had to moderate ashitstorm of trolls out of some very serious and emotional–and gender-inclusive!–posts on abuse) that some MRAs are making a deliberate effort to bully people out of association with Manboobz.(Holly)

Is it so surprising when someone picks a fight(David,Manboobz) with someone(MRA’s) that they actually fight back? Even people who are wrong dont like getting spit on.

Holly Pervocracy

Oh god, now you’re into spitting too? Oy gevalt, always with the spitting.

But to answer the implication: Hating women, and hating people who hate women? Still not morally equivalent.

vacuumslayer

Maintaining a blog is picking a fight now?

Also, would “picking a fight” be acceptable if we were discussing people who regularly referred to Black folks as “niggers,” or is mockery and derision not acceptable because, after all, the MRA’s “only” hate women?

Titfortat

@Holly

Hate usually breeds more hate, as evidenced. Im just surprised that youre surprised by the behaviours.

1 2 3