antifeminism douchebaggery evil women misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men penises rape rapey reactionary bullshit we hunted the mammoth

A man and an old lady get in an elevator

Those "sweet" old ladies are anything but.

Another elevator joke for you all:

So Pierce Harlan of the False Rape Society blog gets into an elevator ….

Well, OK, not a joke. In his latest post, Harlan offers a reaction, of sorts, to the whole atheist elevator incident –- by relating an anecdote of a recent elevator experience of his own.

EDITED TO ADD: Harlan has now deleted the post in question. It can still be seen, at least for now, in Google’s cache of the original page, which you can find here. Grab screenshots! Back to the story:

Seems he was riding a hotel elevator with a sweet old lady. Neither one said anything to the other (Harlan apparently hates talking to sweet old ladies) but when he got off the elevator – well, let’s let him explain:

I glanced back at her and saw that … she was immobilized with fear. In fact, she was practically cowering in the corner. Her eyes couldn’t have been wider if I had whipped out my dick and lathered it up with Grey Poupon.  Hers was the face of utter, unbridled fear, and she was watching me like the scardest of scared deer. She said not a word but her demeanor practically pleaded, “Please don’t rape me, sir!”

Now, Harlan seems to have what you might call a taste for overstatement. He describes feminists as “screeching banshees” and “extremist loons allied with the sexual grievance industry.” I doubt he could describe a chicken-salad sandwich without resorting to angry hyperbole. (That was a little bit of overstatement on my part.) But let’s just assume that there is at least a kernel of truth here: this woman was creeped out by Harlan.

So what was Harlan’s response to this woman’s obvious discomfort?

[N]o one has more empathy for his fellow human beings than I do. The first thought that came to my mind in response to the obvious fear on the face of this pathetic, sweet looking, older woman — who probably never hurt anyone in her entire life — was fuck you!

Obviously we are supposed to ask just what it was that drove Harlan – the self-described world’s most empathetic man – to say something so seemingly callous? Well, as is usually the case with those we write about here, it all comes back to man-hating ladies and their male allies, with their evil insistence on sexual assault education (sorry, “indoctrination”) and their callous demands to “’take back the night,’ although the night has always been theirs.”(I don’t quite know what that means, but it sure sounds selfish of these women to want a whole extra night just for themselves.)

Ours is, Harlan says, “a culture marked by crass, hysterical fear-mongering about male sexual predation and violence.” (Evidently some guys haven’t gotten the memo on this.)

But all this evil misandry seems to have left poor Mr. Harlan in an uncharitable mood towards, well, almost everyone — though he directs his worst opprobrium at sweet old ladies.

Fuck them all. The paranoia of the woman in the elevator is her problem, not mine. Ironically, the elevator, the hotel itself, the car she rode in and the roads she rode on to get to the hotel were all undoubtedly conceived, designed, and built by men — men she’d fear just as much as me if they were standing in that elevator with her. I felt no guilt or shame or bewilderment over the fact that she fears me because of my birth class. Let her fear me. I can’t change it, and I have too much to do to worry about it.

And maybe, just maybe, it’s good that some people fear us. Maybe we should exult in the power we wield by reason of their paranoia. One thing I know: I will never do anything to alleviate their paranoia. In fact, I’m just fine with it, thank you very much. If someday, my riding the elevator causes some old woman to have a heart attack, that, too, is not my problem.  Blame it on a culture that I don’t approve of. Blame on sweet looking, older women who give in to the paranoia.

Truly the world’s most empathetic man.

Harlan goes on to talk briefly about the Rebecca Watson elevator incident. Needless to say, he adds nothing interesting to the discussion.

Marc
Marc

You seem to refuse the idea that you’re treated differently and better because you were born male. You turn the advantages you have into disadvantages by pretending that anything you see or hear about or read about anywhere that you think treats women better is both universally observed and never counterbalanced or overbalanced by something that treats women worse.

How can we prove the existence of privilege, rigorously? I mean really prove it?

Sharculese

Okay, you get difference between a single anecdote and a phenomenon, right? You’re just dishonest, not actively ignorant?

oldfeminist
oldfeminist

What happened to the young men at Hofstra was wrong.

But. It made the news because it’s MAN BITES DOG. Most reported rapes really happened. Many aren’t even reported and the ones that are don’t always result in charges made against anyone, let alone convictions.

@Sharculese, that would be a variant of Kafka-Trap Model C

Model C Kafka-Trap
Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of sexism, you are guilty because you have benefited from the sexist behavior of others in the system.

But all that aside I decided to bat for Team-Woman, Woohoo. Cause Team-Woman is never wrong in case you haven’t noticed. So this’ll be my first of many rants batting for Team-Woman which I’ll direct at Marc and Pierce Harlan.

Women don’t lie about rape. There is never any reason a woman would do that and even if it did happen it doesn’t mean all women are potential false rape accusers. However, men do rape. Therefore every man can concievably rape, thats why women are afraid of strange men. You just can’t understand because of the privilege you take for granted by being a male.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Excellent point, oldfeminist. False allegations, while rare, are almost always made in fear rather than because of malicious or delusional thinking on the part of the accuser.

Well, folks, there’s always someone wrong on the Internet, but I’m tired, and have actual (freelance) work to do if I want to eat… and there’s a little black cat who wants my attention (what a slut he is 😉 ) Looks like you good people have this covered…

Holly Pervocracy

You’re on the money, NWO–all women are potential false rape accusers. (Not that all women would, but as far as you know, any particular woman could.)

This is why men should protect themselves by avoiding doing anything with women that could be interpreted as rape, such as having sex with her when she’s intoxicated, having sex with her when you can tell she doesn’t really want it, or having sex with her and then treating her like shit.

These steps are not foolproof, (and of course, giving prevention advice does not excuse making false rape accusations, which is wrong) but they’ll help!

Johnny Pez

I’m assuming Harlan is back because he banned everyone who disagreed with him on his own blog.

@oldfeminist

You are most definitely correct. In the Hofstra case she was a victim of male privilege built into the patriarchal society we live in. If she hadn’t been concerned about being slut-shamed for expressing her sexual agency. If only the stupid misogynist men could see how the patriarchy hurts them as well, and how feminism wants to break down those gender roles. There was only one victim in the Hofstra case; the girl was a victim of patriarchy.

Ami Angelwings

So basically… in between yesterday and today, NWO read

that xD

but he can’t even give credit to them xD (unless we’ve just discovered his first name xD )

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Some women do lie about rape. And it doesn’t mean that all women (or men for that matter) who are raped are lying. It means that they could be lying.

The easiest way to avoid being accused of rape is not to rape anyone. I don’t know what the easiest way to avoid being falsely accused of rape is.

My best guy friend in the world, however, has what he calls a list of ways to “minimize the risk.” It’s a quaint little talk he gave his brothers, the younger guys in his neighborhood who asked him for advice about women and sex. He gave the talk to two of my younger cousins; just about every teenage boy who starts, or would like to start, fucking.

There are some things about about it that give me pause, but I can’t deny that it seems to resonate with the target audience.

Marc
Marc

Privilege isn’t a magic wand that automatically fixes every situation in the privilege holder’s favor. That’s silly and nobody says that.

The original poster said that men in general have nothing to fear about false allegations because of their privilege (of course he gave no evidence for this claim). I now gave an counterexample where privilege failed to protect someone.

It’s a set of advantages and built in social biases that tend to bend situations in to his advantage. It’s also not something you can argue against using cherry-picked anecdotes.

Cherry-picked anecdotes? Well, ok, and what’s your evidence for the existence of this privilege? Of course not cherry-picked anecdotes, statistics please!
You made the claim, you have the burden of proof.

And come the fuck on, you’re a big boy, stop with the scare quotes. If you had swapped out accuser for “victim” everyone would have understood what your were saying.

I don’t understand a word. Somehow you’re offended that I put “victim” in quotes and didn’t use the word accuser? Is that right? Is that you problem? So if you need an explanation for this, here: I translated some of the first sentences from a German article where the word “vermeintlich” was used, that’s difficult to translate, so I just put “victim” in quotes.

Johnny Pez

You mean Silly just discovered a new concept to misrepresent? He must be in heaven.

@Holly Pervocracy

You’re right Holly, men use alchohol as a drug to satiate their predatory ways. Always thinking it’s their right to have ownership of a womans pussy. Get her drunk and fuck her, then cry poor me, she was asking for it. Filthy they are.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

I’m also going to disagree with MediumDave, tentatively. I think that there are a lot of different reasons for false rape allegations, but I’d need to see some sort of study that provides evidence that most are made out of fear.

Marc
Marc

The OP sounded like men have a privilege like Frenchmen had in the French colonies where it was virtually impossible for the native population to get justice.

@Nobinayamu

Thats great, all boys should be taught from a very young age to listen to girls. If only we could get the State involved and have the schools to teach boys at a very young age to listen to girls. It would be in every mans best interest to listen to girls. Everyone should always listen to girls.

Holly Pervocracy

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, NWO, I’m just letting you know–the drunker the girl is when you fuck her, the worse your odds of having to deal with a rape accusation.

Maybe you’ll just have to take some personal responsibility for avoiding those.

Holly Pervocracy

Everyone should always listen to girls.

Sometimes NWO’s sarcasm (which, by the way, NWO, makes it very difficult to tell what you believe–as I’ve said before, you can’t convince people to take your point of view if you never state your point of view!) wraps around full circle.

Yes, NWO, I’m pretty sure they should. What on Earth would be the opposite of that?

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

NWO, you are so fucking stupid. The person giving that talk is a guy. He’s my best guy friend. He’s a heterosexual man who likes the ladies, a whole lot, and gives the talk to other, younger men in the hopes that it will help them avoid trouble.

@Holly Pervocracy

No man should ever have sex with a woman if she has been drinking. It’s his responsibility to ensure she isn’t taken advantage of. She might have not had sex with him if she wasn’t drinking, so if she wakes up the next morning hopefully she’ll realize she was raped. Men do not have the right to a womans body.

Sharculese

@Marc – No, a single anecdote isn’t the response to a claim that something happens “in general.” In general implies there are exceptions. That’s it’s, y’know meaning. If the claim was ‘no man ever has anything to fear from false rape accusations’ you might have a case, but you don’t even claim someone said that, you’re just forcing a more convenient meaning that isn’t there.

And if you weren’t using scare quotes, then welp, I was wrong and I’m sorry.

@Nobinayamu

He’s doing a fine service to those young men telling them to listen to girls. However if young boys were taught starting grade 1 to listen to girls he wouldn’t have to give talks.

Pierce Harlan

Old Feminist said this: “Most reported rapes really happened. Many aren’t even reported and the ones that are don’t always result in charges made against anyone, let alone convictions.”

Since you are a self-proclaimed feminist, you obviously know more about rape than those of us who follow it closely. And I am sure that, somehow, you’ve had far more valid life experiences than the rest of us. Um, right.

Your comment is offensive on so many levels, I don’t know where to begin. I don’t have time to go into detail, so here’s a quick response.

Let’s start with the obvious. Put aside the prevalence of false rape claims. (I note in passing that a leading feminist legal scholar — whose views I certainly don’t share up and down the line — has acknowledged this irrefutable fact: “. . . the statistics on false rape accusation widely vary and ‘as a scientific matter, the frequency of false rape complaints to police or other legal authorities remains unknown.'” A. Gruber, Rape, Feminism, and the War on Crime, 84 Wash. L. Rev. 581, 595-600 (November 2009) (citation omitted)). (Please don’t cite me the 2007 DOJ “study” that was conducted based on self-selection.)

But put the prevalence issue aside: why must every discussion of false rape claims with you people always to come back to “rape is a worse problem.” Assuming for the sake of argument that’s true: SO WHAT? Does that make false rape claims unworthy of discussion? Seriously? So cancer’s worse than pneumonia, does that mean pneumonia is unworthy of discussion? It seems every time a radical feminist discusses false rape claims, she becomes an actuarial. False rape claims, she suggests, are an acceptable risk not worthy of anyone’s discussion because there are so few of them and because there are so many actual rapes — especially of the unreported variety. “I’ll start to become concerned about false rape claims,” she gushes, “when false rape claims become half the problem rape is.” Or, more likely, when she has a son who is falsely accused. And trust me, I’ve seen that latter. In short, your suggestion is as absurd as it is morally grotesque.

Let’s move on to your next point: “Also, if having sex with several men wasn’t considered slutty, if the woman’s boyfriend didn’t think of her as his property, then she wouldn’t have had a motivation to lie.”

First, what evidence do you have that the false accuser’s boyfriend thought of her as his property, aside from your serene ipse dixit? Oh, I know: he’s a male, so he MUST have thought of his new girlfriend as his property.

Well, at least you are up-front with your misandry.

Second, on behalf of the false accuser, you’ve manufactured a handy excuse for the Hofstra false accuser. Your epiphany is, of course, unworthy of serious consideration because it would tend to absolve false rape accusers of personal responsibility for their malefactions and enshroud them in the garb of victimhood. Just as feminists are quick to condemn any suggestion that men are “too weak” to avoid raping (and they are absolutely correct), women must not be excused for destroying lives with rape lies merely because their boyfriends might be unhappy if they find out their girlfriends are boinking four guys at one time on a dirty men’s room floor!

Both men AND women have the capacity to avoid committing terrible crimes, and it is a hallmark of a civilized society that people are held accountable when they fail to do so. By any measure, the Hofstra false accuser was cheating on her boyfriend in a nasty way — there is no other way to spin it — and she was rightfully ashamed for doing that. So she lied to cover it up. One of the victims of the false rape accusation was also rightfully ashamed that he was outed in cheating on his girlfriend on that dirty men’s room floor.

Women’s groups have rightfully insisted for decades that women are at least as capable as the guys in every sphere of life — in the law, medicine, the military, government, you name it. Everywhere — except the boudoir, where it’s 1950 all over again, all the time, and women are as helpless as the most distressed of Disney damsels.

You can’t pretend you are empowering our daughters by telling them they are powerless, or that they are the imaginary “property” of men they’ve only been dating for just a few weeks, as in Hofstra. The Hofstra false accuser was the author of her own discontent, not her boyfriend.

Holly Pervocracy

Well, yeah. I pretty much agree with every sentence of this.

I think it’s important to say that “drinking” means “drunk” and not “a beer with dinner,” but if she’s wobbly-drunk, then absolutely, NWO.]

…Again the sarcasm clouds your meaning hopelessly. Do you think a man SHOULDN’T care if he takes advantage of a woman? That he DOES have a right to her body? It’s so hard to tell who the real NWO is!

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

NWO, you’re a fucking idiot. The talk he gives is how to avoid situations that seem high risk in regards to false rape accusations. Is some of it about listening to girls? Yes. But most of it is practical, if I’m being honest, slightly sexist advice about avoiding what he calls “honey traps” and using common fucking sense.

Like, right now, you’re using sarcasm about women and drinking. But for an 18 year old going off to college, whose prior sexual experience may be limited or non-existant, it IS good for someone to tell you the difference between “girl you’ve been at the party with” and “girl who’s about to pass the fuck out.” That is useful information. And it isn’t about listening and deferring to women.

It’s about being smart. Unless, it’s state sanctioned, emasculating “deference” not to stick your dick in a girl who’s barely coherent with eyes that won’t focus.

Sharculese

Let’s start with the obvious. Put aside the prevalence of false rape claims. (I note in passing that a leading feminist legal scholar — whose views I certainly don’t share up and down the line — has acknowledged this irrefutable fact: “. . . the statistics on false rape accusation widely vary and ‘as a scientific matter, the frequency of false rape complaints to police or other legal authorities remains unknown.’” A. Gruber, Rape, Feminism, and the War on Crime, 84 Wash. L. Rev. 581, 595-600 (November 2009) (citation omitted)). (Please don’t cite me the 2007 DOJ “study” that was conducted based on self-selection.)

Hold up, so you cite a paper that concludes we have no idea if there is a significant false rape problem and you that that helps your claim? Are you sniffing glue?

Was the internal cite omitted when you found that quote? Did you look for the original source?

@Holly Pervocracy

Holly you’re giving the misogynists too much leeway. Only the woman in question can decide if she was too drunk for consent. If she decides she was too drunk after two beers she was. No if ands or buts. It’s her choice to decide.

Molly Ren

“But put the prevalence issue aside: why must every discussion of false rape claims with you people always to come back to “rape is a worse problem.” Assuming for the sake of argument that’s true: SO WHAT? Does that make false rape claims unworthy of discussion? Seriously? So cancer’s worse than pneumonia, does that mean pneumonia is unworthy of discussion? It seems every time a radical feminist discusses false rape claims, she becomes an actuarial. False rape claims, she suggests, are an acceptable risk not worthy of anyone’s discussion because there are so few of them and because there are so many actual rapes — especially of the unreported variety. “I’ll start to become concerned about false rape claims,” she gushes, “when false rape claims become half the problem rape is.””

Uh, I don’t think pneumonia vs. cancer is a good analogy here. “You got cancer? WHAT ABOUT MY FUCKING COLD? WHY DON’T YOU HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR ME, YOU HEARTLESS BITCH???”

@Nobinayamu

Prior experience with sex is irrelevant. This is just the kind of excuse men use in justifying rape. A woman drinking is never fame game. One drink or twenty drinks doesn’t matter. When she sobers up it’s her decision to make if she’s been raped or not.

Well, yes, actually.

If a woman can’t choose if she consents–or can’t tell better than any other person if she was consenting–what the fuck would consent even mean?

Pecunium

Marc: Elsewhere you complain about selective quotation. Sadly you can’t even manage that when you misrepresent a position.

You did no such thing. One case doesn’t prove that, “men in general have nothing to fear”. It shows that in one case (out of how many?) a false accusation led to a miscarriage of justice.

This, If you make the claim “men in general have nothing to fear about false allegations” a single anecdote (or better: counterexample) is enough to disprove this claim. is not true.

In general /= never Example, In general people who play craps lose to the house. Pointing out that someone won a lot of money in Vegas playing craps doesn’t invalidate it. Vegas, in fact, boasts of all the people who have made a big win. It’s how they get other people to come in and gabmle, because, in general people who come to Vegas lose.

Holly Pervocracy

Like anyone, ever, got a guy convicted of rape because she had one drink, anyway.

I’ll believe cases of forcible rape where she’d been drinking, but I think the specter of the “she can tell a judge she had one beer and he’ll send me to the gulag!” is actually a complete nonissue.

Bee
Bee

Maybe I’m missing something here. Is the slaveman really trying to argue that children shouldn’t be taught to listen to what other people tell them? Like, when a kid tells another kid to stop hitting, the life lesson should be “fuck that noise”? Or that boys, in particular, should be taught not to listen to girls? What?

Pierce: I would LOVE to hear your qualifications and experience in rape, victims rights, and CJ. I know you write a blog about what you claim are false rape accusations. Anything else?

@Molly Ren

Strawmen and Ad Hominem, thats all MRAs do. They’ll make up any excuse to excuse men continually raping women. Women don’t lie about being raped.

Ami Angelwings

Holly Pervocracy | July 19, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Actually that’s what feminists like to call “a fun Saturday night” xD

Molly Ren

NWOslave, you do know that alcohol tolerance can vary by person, right? I try not to make any serious decisions after about 4 drinks, for other people it’s something like 10.

Harlan, all kidding aside, the argument you’re making isn’t so much a problem because we have no sympathy for people who have been falsely accused of a crime. It’s that whenever rape is brought up, you bring up false accusations as if all rape charges were false. They’re not. The equivalent of a man being falsely accused of a crime is a woman being falsely accused of a crime, not a false accusation being equivalent to a rape.

@Holly Pervocracy

@Bee

Boys should be taught to always listen to girls. It’s in a boys best interest to listen to girls.

Holly Pervocracy

NWO, SAY WHAT YOU FUCKING MEAN.

I’m not going to respond to any more “mwah mwah, this is what you sound like, you just go mwah mwah all the time” bullshit.

If you don’t start stating at least sometimes what your actual beliefs are, I’m done talking to you.

Molly Ren

@NWOslave, I’ve been to “dry” parties where people hook up WITHOUT ALCOHOL. Orgies, even! We were all sober!

If you’re so worried about this, find a non-alcoholic way to pick up women. Then you never have to worry about someone being too drunk to consent properly. Simple!

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Dig deeper, dipshit. And play straw feminist all you want; you aren’t refuting my beliefs. There are, undoubtedly, people who disagree with my position but I do not think that any level of alcohol consumption prevents consensual sex.

You’re such a bitter hypocrite. You’ve made dozens of posts on this blog about women behaving immodestly. “Slutting it up like hookers” in bars; fourteen year old girls at the beach “shaking it like pros.” I could pull up your direct quotes in 45 seconds. Your disgusting sandwich analogy. The thread where you piled on your fake sympathy, cautioning women about the way we dress because you “care” about sexual assault.

But let someone suggest that, as with rape, there is no absolute protection from false accusations, only things that might -MIGHT- minimize the risk and you can’t engage in an honest discussion.

Sharculese

Okay, I know I’m going to regret this, but I want to hear the sandwich analogy.

Molly Ren

A women walking in front of a lot of men is like waving a sandwich in front of a lot of starving homeless people. The women can only blame herself for what happens next.

Sharculese

welp, I said I’d regret it

Molly Ren

Whoops. A “woman”, even.

What always struck me about NWOslave’s analogies is that he thinks all women are hot. Does he just not care or is he unaware of fat women, who are usually considered “not hot” by MRAs? He also seems to think we all enjoy wearing silky clothes and perfume. A straight lady who doesn’t have a lot of patience for “femme” skills doesn’t seem to exist for him either.

Pierce Harlan

Ren said: “It’s that whenever rape is brought up, you bring up false accusations as if all rape charges were false.”

That’s fucking libelous, Ren.

“They’re not.”

Damn right, they’re not. Rape is a problem. False rape claims are a problem. Apples and oranges.

“The equivalent of a man being falsely accused of a crime is a woman being falsely accused of a crime, not a false accusation being equivalent to a rape.”

Thanks for proving my point, Ren. Two different crimes. Then why is it that every time I bring up false rape claims, some feminist insists on changing the subject to talk about a completely different crime — rape?

“Also, what if a man is raped? It happens. How does this fit into your worldview?”

The same as when a woman is raped: awful. How about you?

I know you think you have me pegged as a rape apologist because I have the audacity to advocate for a group of people people like you insist are a myth, but that’s your problem, Ren.

Johnny Pez

As Sally Strange likes to point out, NWOslave is basically a dishonest person. So, no need to ask why he believes X or disbelieves Y. His beliefs are irrelevant, because he never actually says what he believes.

NWOslave

Gee, why so harsh? I’m just batting for team-woman.

I mean c’mon if any of you said, “And isn’t it a travesty of justice that a woman has to be practically dead from alchohol poisoning and then maybe the rapist will get locked up. We need more laws that take into account if the woman felt too intoxicated to give enthusiastic consent.”

Which is what I just said, which is pretty much what all of you have said, if not here in the past. Why you’d be bleeting with joy and gushing over each other.

I mean how many times have I heard women die lie about rape. Or white male privilege. Or a drunk woman isn’t a lisence to rape. On and on it goes.

I bat for team woman now. You’ve all convinced me of the error of my ways. Men should always listen to women. Cause women know the difference between right and wrong, who has privilege, schrodingers rapist, intersectionality, gender binaries.

It all sound so progressive, I just want to be part of the winning team.

Johnny Pez

Wow, I’ve never had a point proven so quickly before.

summer_snow
summer_snow

Enjoying pretending to be a feminist, NWO? It’s fun, isn’t it? Are you wearing your Feminist Regulation silky clothes and perfume? Remember, if it isn’t typed with flawlessly manicured fingers, it isn’t Feminist!

Johnny Pez

That’s fucking libelous, Ren.

Harlan, the whole point of your blog is to set standards of evidence for rape so high that no rape victim could meet them. Your ultimate goal is to make it easier for men to rape women by making it harder for the courts to convict rapists.

Have I just libelled you? Then go ahead and sue my ass.