antifeminism douchebaggery evil women misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men penises rape rapey reactionary bullshit we hunted the mammoth

A man and an old lady get in an elevator

Those "sweet" old ladies are anything but.

Another elevator joke for you all:

So Pierce Harlan of the False Rape Society blog gets into an elevator ….

Well, OK, not a joke. In his latest post, Harlan offers a reaction, of sorts, to the whole atheist elevator incident –- by relating an anecdote of a recent elevator experience of his own.

EDITED TO ADD: Harlan has now deleted the post in question. It can still be seen, at least for now, in Google’s cache of the original page, which you can find here. Grab screenshots! Back to the story:

Seems he was riding a hotel elevator with a sweet old lady. Neither one said anything to the other (Harlan apparently hates talking to sweet old ladies) but when he got off the elevator – well, let’s let him explain:

I glanced back at her and saw that … she was immobilized with fear. In fact, she was practically cowering in the corner. Her eyes couldn’t have been wider if I had whipped out my dick and lathered it up with Grey Poupon.  Hers was the face of utter, unbridled fear, and she was watching me like the scardest of scared deer. She said not a word but her demeanor practically pleaded, “Please don’t rape me, sir!”

Now, Harlan seems to have what you might call a taste for overstatement. He describes feminists as “screeching banshees” and “extremist loons allied with the sexual grievance industry.” I doubt he could describe a chicken-salad sandwich without resorting to angry hyperbole. (That was a little bit of overstatement on my part.) But let’s just assume that there is at least a kernel of truth here: this woman was creeped out by Harlan.

So what was Harlan’s response to this woman’s obvious discomfort?

[N]o one has more empathy for his fellow human beings than I do. The first thought that came to my mind in response to the obvious fear on the face of this pathetic, sweet looking, older woman — who probably never hurt anyone in her entire life — was fuck you!

Obviously we are supposed to ask just what it was that drove Harlan – the self-described world’s most empathetic man – to say something so seemingly callous? Well, as is usually the case with those we write about here, it all comes back to man-hating ladies and their male allies, with their evil insistence on sexual assault education (sorry, “indoctrination”) and their callous demands to “’take back the night,’ although the night has always been theirs.”(I don’t quite know what that means, but it sure sounds selfish of these women to want a whole extra night just for themselves.)

Ours is, Harlan says, “a culture marked by crass, hysterical fear-mongering about male sexual predation and violence.” (Evidently some guys haven’t gotten the memo on this.)

But all this evil misandry seems to have left poor Mr. Harlan in an uncharitable mood towards, well, almost everyone — though he directs his worst opprobrium at sweet old ladies.

Fuck them all. The paranoia of the woman in the elevator is her problem, not mine. Ironically, the elevator, the hotel itself, the car she rode in and the roads she rode on to get to the hotel were all undoubtedly conceived, designed, and built by men — men she’d fear just as much as me if they were standing in that elevator with her. I felt no guilt or shame or bewilderment over the fact that she fears me because of my birth class. Let her fear me. I can’t change it, and I have too much to do to worry about it.

And maybe, just maybe, it’s good that some people fear us. Maybe we should exult in the power we wield by reason of their paranoia. One thing I know: I will never do anything to alleviate their paranoia. In fact, I’m just fine with it, thank you very much. If someday, my riding the elevator causes some old woman to have a heart attack, that, too, is not my problem.  Blame it on a culture that I don’t approve of. Blame on sweet looking, older women who give in to the paranoia.

Truly the world’s most empathetic man.

Harlan goes on to talk briefly about the Rebecca Watson elevator incident. Needless to say, he adds nothing interesting to the discussion.

Arielle
Arielle

Don’t ya just love when people just *assume* stuff? Also, I don’t understand how he could go from hating being feared to being apathetic and/or glad about it. Contradictory, much?

And, oh wow, another “men built and invented everything” diatribe. Even if that were completely true, what does that have to do with fearing men. Some people have phobias about men, and some even fear women. That doesn’t mean they *hate* them. I’m afraid of spiders, but I don’t “hate” them; I just don’t want them crawling on me.

“Birth class?” Hahaha. “Male” is a birth class? Class refers to upper, lower, middle, etc., in terms of things like money and power. Yet another batshit-insane MRA who thinks he’s the lowest dude on society’s totem pole.

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

Yeah, I’m going to say that whatever fear this poor woman might have been evidencing was probably due to her picking up on the seething, viscous rage oozing out of every pore of Harlan’s body.

Seriously, this cowardly fucker looks at what he believes to be a scared old woman and the first thought in his head is “Fuck you!”? What a scumbag. No wonder he claims to not be “self-loathing”, he probably has legions of people who all ready loath him on his behalf.

zombie rotten mcdonald

I would also suspect that Ol Pierce may not be the #1 guy in reading another person’s body language, especially from partway down the hall as the elevator doors are closing.

She probably was doing something innocuous.

True story; while I was in college, I managed a little apartment building, which involved showing apartments. One time, I had to show an apartment to a woman, and on the elevator ride up, she was quite obviously terrified of me, she was scrunched up into a corner, muttering “don’t come near me, I ain’t no tramp, you leave me alone….” When we got to the apartment, she wouldn’t go into it until I left to stand in the hall. After we got done, she ran out the front door, turned, did some kind of evil eye thing at the building, and went skittering off down the street.

There was no way of misinterpreting her actions, she was quite clearly terrified of me. It wans’t subtle, as Harlan implies. Of course, she was disturbed, but like with some of our other common visitors, I suspect he is seeing something that may not have been there at all.

Second, even after this episode, I somehow managed to not use it as justification for all kinds of hatred and my own bad behaviors, not to mention poorly concealed threats.

Molly Ren

@zombie rotten mcdonald: ha! maybe you met the same lady? 😛

I’ve been pretty depressed/angry at the world in times past, but I try not to let “Fuck you” become my default mental response.

Spearhafoc

I suspect he is seeing something that may not have been there at all.

I don’t mean to be rude, but perhaps she was put of by the whole, you know, zombie thing.

Spearhafoc

*put off, also too.

summer_snow
summer_snow

Spearhafoc, can you join the forum? Now that there’s no open thread here, there’s no place to ask for clothes advice. There’s a fashion thread on the forum that desperately needs your input.

zombie rotten mcdonald

Pre-zombie.

captainbathrobe

I doubt Factfinder could find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

summer_snow
summer_snow

But Captain Bathrobe, if he can’t find his ass, where’s he pulling those facts from?

Ami Angelwings

*reads FF’s comment*

o_O

that’s… about my entire reaction o_O

xD

zombie rotten mcdonald

but are handouts really a way to subsist?).

The Oil and Agribusiness industries seem to do quite well at it.

Molly Ren

I both laughed really hard when FactFinder assumed MRAL was a feminist, and felt bad for MRAL.

Ami Angelwings

Awww.. poor MRAL D:

Esp since we’re now BFF’s since childhood xD

Johnny Pez

It’s worse than that, Molly Ren. It’s clear from the context that FactFinder thinks MRAL is a woman.

Molly Ren

It actually does make *slightly* more sense if FF is assuming MRAL is female. o.O

MRAL isn’t a poor feminist lady taking handouts, FactFinder! He’s a hard-working lifeguard IRL! You leave our troll alone! D:

Ami Angelwings

Yeah! >:O Leave MRAL alone! *protects*

FactFinder

FActFinder had a comment caught in moderation that’s up now, on this page of comments even, that’s weird and incoherent even by his low standards.
Huh. It’s hard to believe you want to write for a living. You have to go out of your way to label me as having “low standards” rather than citing anything. It seems the constructive criticism is getting your emotions pumping. Rational thought is your friend, David. As they say in literary workshops, “show, don’t tell.”
Moving on, I know you dolls are playing dumb – at least I hope – so I will kindly spell it out for you. That’s what the grown-ups are here for.
Your childish insults and failure to actually single anything out to prove your case just goes to show how immature and stupid feminists really are. It also offers a little case study of why feminist men earn less than non-feminist men – because they are smarter. I explained that the reason feminist women tend to earn more was due to their tendency to threaten legal action when things don’t go their way, and it still puts a feminist family at a net monetary loss.
I also made a mistake in assuming that you were going for some feminist shaming with the “L.” I stand corrected. I also never thought that a MRAL was a woman, but then you have a bit of a hive-mind thing going on where divergence in the opinions of even trivial banter is immediately met with ire and ostracism.
Seriously, I have no fucking idea where you got that impression. Would you kindly post where I confused you? It’s okay if you do not, I know feminists lie a lot and are scatter from the slightest form of scrutiny like roaches from a torch (that’s the most fitting analogy I can think of). To break that down for you, I’m very, very used to feminists telling fabrications and then running off when I ask for proof. 🙂
Finally,
You probably shouldn’t hang out with anyone.
Yes, David, isolate myself. Were your hormones out of wack and were you trying to hurt me, or do your sincerely believe that by me isolating myself from any form of human interaction I would be doing society a favor? If it’s the latter, it’s a good thing you aren’t spewing feminist bullshit to vulnerable as a behavioral therapist. Really, “Timmy is just a little shit. Keep him locked up in a box and don’t let him ever go out.”
Thank you for the quotations, don’t be afraid to go against the feminist grain, and have a nice day.

I like that he automatically assumes L stands for “loser.”

In this case, the L-word that comes to mind is “lolwhut?”

FactFinder

Feminists use the word “loser” and similar forms of shaming language a lot. That’s where I got the impression.
You need to work on your empathy so you can see where I am coming from. Look at the above posts – feminists incessantly nitpick men over the most trivial things, trying desperately to hurt anything masculine with sadistic glee. How would you explain all of the deliberately offensive and equally abstract forms of oral assault in the posts above? They never offer any advice or point anything specifically out like I do, they just let their hormones take them for a ride and go nuts at the keyboard. It’s all designed to hurt men and shame them into submission.

The difference between your average MRA post and your average feminist post is that MRAs actually specify what is wrong with the feminism in practice. Look at this feminist post – is there anything constructive about it? It’s all just vitriol and criticism – she just wants to smell blood. Is it any wonder there is so much negativity associated with the modern feminist movement?

Pecunium

Do, FF, my dear boy; where are these MRA posts with the paragonic reasoning?

You are railing (in a less than coherent manner), accusing a Men’s Rights’ Activist of being both a feminist, and a woman, and then expecting people to take you for a serious thinker and attentive reader.

Forgive us if we don’t.

Johnny Pez

Another thousand words or so, if you wouldn’t mind, FF. Two thousand would be better. We need it for a certain, erm, experimental procedure.

jumbofish

mral may be a jerk at times but I can’t stand for you picking on your own comrade for no reason and calling him a loser.

here

Well, you shouldn’t get your panties in a knot when we call you impoverished cunts then

I’m a bit confused if you were referring to him or someone else, but I took it as you referring to him. Cunt is a gendered slur aimed mostly to women.

I can’t speak for everyone but since I got te impression you thought mral was a feminist woman as well I’m guessing thats what set them off.

(I predict this will get caught in the filter cause I used the word cunt *waits*)

jumbofish

I guessed right. 😀
*waits for david to release my comment*

Pecunium

Johnny Pez, is that the protocol that requires setting it in lead type around a cylindrical object?

jumbofish

Every time you talk I get really confused about what your saying ff. Especially in your first post here, I had no idea what you were talking about. Your other posts are a bit more coherent but I’m still like @_@ every time I try to read them

Granted, this may be because your walls of text distract me. You might want to split your post into more readable paragraphs.

Marc
Marc

feminists as “screeching banshees” and “extremist loons allied with the sexual grievance industry.”

I don’t read the word “feminist” there…

Well, doesn’t he explain this in the sentence before: the night always belonged to women, because they are less likely to be the victims of violent crimes “out there during the night” than men.

the self-described world’s most empathetic man – to write something so seemingly callous?

Isn’t this “Now, mind you, no one has more empathy for his fellow human beings than I do.” not just like “no one knows this better than me”?

Interesting… when can you use this figure of speech and when not?

And might that not even be somewhat ironical because of the “mind you”? Of course I can’t decide that… you have to be a native speaker for such subtleties.

(Evidently some guys haven’t gotten the memo on this.)

Anecdotal evidence… you don’t like that too, quote: “Because there are almost 7 billion people on planet earth, he [Harlan] has been able to find a fair number of such [false rape allegation] stories.”

FactFinder

@fish – Nobody seems to get confused by my posts at the MRM forums where I post. Their posts indicate they are able to comprehend fully the points I was getting across, even if they do not always agree with what I have to say. That is also true of more neutral forums, though once again there seems to be a comprehension gap along ideological lines.
I am all for literary criticism, but it seems that if a feminist finds a long post which is a bit more complex than she’s used too, she just deems it unintelligible and posts something along the lines of:
*reads FF’s comment*

o_O

that’s… about my entire reaction o_O

xD

Which is self-explanatory, or:

Despite me never making such a claim and in fact assumed that it was “MRA Loser”.
It’s enough to put a bad face on feminism.

Arielle
Arielle

“the deliberately offensive and equally abstract forms of oral assault”

Oral assault…on the Internet! Hurry, someone call 911!

…Seriously, “oral assault?” Talk about contrived, pseudo-intellectual language. Then again, that’s the majority of MRAs for ya.

Magical Laura

FF, I have a job of my own (like most women) and I would rather live in the gutter than be married to someone with the disdain you have for people like me.

You love your blanket statements so much but you can’t back them up. Who here has ever said they hated men, if we are these evil, stupid feminists? Who has blamed all men for anything? You are the one putting an entire sex under an umbrella, you are the one being sexist.

Personally I don’t hate all men, nor do I love them all, I’m pretty neutral towards all men in the way I am to all women. But I do love individual men, and I like having sex with individual men, and hanging out with other men, and being friends with other men, and meeting other men. I just don’t like men LIKE YOU, because you tell lies about people LIKE ME.

I have enough evidence to prove to anyone with half a brain your disdain for women, so here’s your chance to prove that ANY regular poster here who self-identifies as ‘feminist’ has shown ‘misandry’, or expressed ‘sadistic glee’ over ‘hurting anything masculine’.

You give me one shred of evidence and I’ll start taking you more seriously. But don’t blame all men for your shortcomings in the eyes of ‘feminists’.

“…Seriously, “oral assault?” Talk about contrived, pseudo-intellectual language.”

I’m surprised this guy can bear to go on the internet at all if he considers someone telling him he’s wrong online ‘assault’. People have said much worse shit to me online just for existing.

Andrea Vaughn

FF, you throw around statements and expect us to take them as fact when we know they are not. And when we choose to mock you instead, you claim it’s simply because we don’t understand your awesome intellect.

So let me just take a moment to debunk something you’ve alleged twice in this thread already. Regarding wages, the higher educated someone is, the more money that person tends to make. Frivolous lawsuits and a person’s status as a feminist has very little bearing when compared to a person’s education level. It’s called a spurious correlation. Look it up.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Damn, Mr. Harlan is deathly afraid of a real debate! I was banned after one (very mild) comment.

Here’s the comment that got me banned (slightly edited; you can still read it in its entirety at the FRS blog):

From that he gathers that I’m denying that false accusations exist! What a maroon!

Here’s the comment that I tried to leave before I realized that I was banned:

That’s no way to have a reasonable debate, Mr. Harlan! So now you’re saying that it’s reasonable to disproportionately blame black men for sexual assaults? Uh, doesn’t that invalidate your earlier use of the race analogy as an example of unfairness? You can’t have it both ways!

Y’know, I’m pretty sure that plenty of great thinkers have used the word “bogus” in legitimate ways*… it’s a perfectly good word. That plenty of callow youths use it in a different context is neither here nor there. (Here endeth my bogus journey to the False Rape Society, apparently.)

summer_snow
summer_snow

I don’t see why everyone is bothering to respond to FactFinder. He has clearly stated several times that we are all too hormonal to seriously debate with. I think we should respect the way he debates and wait for him to post his bloodwork results showing perfectly balanced hormones before we take him seriously.

How about it, FactFinder? Prove that you’re not all hormonal and irrational. Any test results within the last week will do.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Well, I’m pretty hormonal at the moment (testosterone is a hormone; funny that despite this we men never get hit with the “hormonal” slur)… Mr. Harlan doesn’t know what he’s gotten into here (don’t worry David, I won’t cause trouble in this blog).

Molly Ren, the “freelancing” thing is probably a slap at David Futrelle, but it could just as easily apply to me. 😀 (But I don’t think Mr. Harlan is telepathic, given his obvious lack of ordinary, everyday empathy…)

Spearhafoc

Spearhafoc, can you join the forum?

Okay. I signed up, and am awaiting approval.

Shora

Harlan. What a screaming, flailing manchild. he deleted one of my very thought out and intelligent comments because I “insulted him”, and yet he offered me many insults, hysteria among them, when I said something he remotely didn’t like. Up for intellectual rigorous arguments he is not. I then quite calmly accused him of hypocrisy, and he said I was throwing a hissy fit. You know, because I’m a hysterical woman. And then he flounced. On his own blog. I didn’t even think that was possible!

….Also, FF seems to bear remarkable similarities to the rude anon who commented later on the thread there

hellkell
hellkell

If FF is thought coherent on MRM blogs, that really doesn’t say much for those blogs.

Sharculese

As they say in literary workshops, “show, don’t tell.”

I have to comment on this because it’s such a stale, frivolous criticism and I hate hate hate it. They limit this one to beginning writers and back-of-magazine writing seminars for a reason. It’s easier for weak writers to succeed by showing than telling, of course, but if you turn that into a reflexive ‘don’t tell,’ well, you’re only shooting yourself in the foot and showing you don’t think particularly hard about your writing.

Shit, I’m reading the Razor’s Edge right now. Maugham can’t get two pages without pausing to tell you all the things a novel can’t really show, but it’s completely effective because he knows how to deploy it.

On top of that your criticizing a blog post that is half direct fucking quotes from the source. What the fuck could be ‘showing’ more than that? It’s like you got your heart set on criticizing David’s writing, but, not knowing anything about the craft of writing (and your convoluted, circular diatribes suggest you don’t spend much time thinking about craft), you pulled the one lame cliche you know straight out of your ass.

Which is a long-winded way of saying you’re a very, very bad writer.

zombie rotten mcdonald

David, it means he is declaring victory and flouncing out.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

It means that he was not happy we challenged him on his own blog at his own invitation so he shut off commenting.

Which is sad because I did want to respond to his claim that I call the cops on guys with their kids. I would call the cops if I saw a guy holding a screaming child and running away while the mother is chasing him yelling “He took my baby!” Cuz then obviously the guy is kidnapping a kid.

Also, he is a great big pansy because he cannot handle honest debate. I have read the blog and he blames women for things that other people do (like a cop who screws up a case, somehow that is her fault even though it was the cop who make an incorrect collar.) So I can see why he would not want to have to face honest debate.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

MRAL is not really a loser. A loser would never try to change his behavior and MRAL is-not always succeeding at it but at least he is trying.

Factfinder, now there is a loser.

jumbofish

That is also true of more neutral forums, though once again there seems to be a comprehension gap along ideological lines.I am all for literary criticism,

I mentioned the wall of text because I thought it was a misunderstanding on my part; I have adhd and walls of texts are unreadable for me. I think other people understood it, I think, thats why I brought it up. You don’t need to change your style for my stake, it wouldn’t be much loss to me but I do know a think or two about writing and walls of text in general are a big no no.

I like how you also assume feminists are all female.

NWOslave
NWOslave

@mediumdave…Probably the reason he banned you is your poor attempt at Kafka-trapping. You claim this is what you wrote slightly edited.

“Mr. Archivist, the reason that black men in our society are disproportionately blamed for sexual assaults is because they are a less privileged, disadvantaged group compared to men in general… Men in general, on the other hand, are more privileged and advantaged in our society than women. It is therefore nonsense to imagine that men in general are in danger of being falsely accused of sexual assault.”

In the first half of your statement, “less privileged” is used to denote victimhood. This form of Kafka-trapping gives the status of victimhood as a default starting position. Even if guilty, by being “less privileged” victim status is maintained.

In the second half of your statement, “more privileged” is used to denote oppression. This form of Kafka-trapping gives the status of an oppressor as a default starting position. Even if innocent, by being “more privileged” the guilt of oppression is maintained.

Unfortunately, Kafka-trapping only makes sense in the hallowed echo chamber of feminist thought. Where any thought eminating from the feminist Ivory tower is religeon.

I’ll use myself as an example; I’m a straight white man.

#1) Straight = Heteronormative privilege…strike one
#2) White = Born with white privilege…strike two
#3) Man = Born with male privilege…strike three

According to feminist logic, by being born I am already guilty by default of being an oppressor. Feminist theory is nothing more than mindless scribblings on dice thrown in a canister. Shake the canister, roll the dice and out pops the intersectionality of cis-gendered social constructs in the patriarchal heteronormative kyriarchy. Everyone screams, “Yahtzee” then they lay back and celebrate their own brilliance.

Of course this observation is by a straight while man so be default it’s oppression.

Shora

NWOSlave; what the fuck is kafka trapping? I’ve never heard the term in my life, and my understanding of it may be impeded by the fact that I read one novella by Kafka and absolutely hated it.

I think many modern feminist viewpoints are a little black and white when it comes to theories of oppression and privilege, but I also think they are rather accurate to some extent.

NWOslave
NWOslave

@Shora, Kafka-trapping is the ideology of feminism. I was born a straight, white man. I was born guilty of privilege.

Here is the list of Kafka-traps, and there are many variations of them.

Model A Kafka-Trap
Your refusal to acknowledge that you are guilty of sexism confirms that you are guilty of sexism.

Model C Kafka-Trap
Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of sexism, you are guilty because you have benefited from the sexist behavior of others in the system.

Model P Kafka-Trap
Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of sexism, you are guilty because you have a privileged position in the sexist system.

Model S Kafka-Trap
Skepticism about any particular anecdotal account of sexism, or any attempt to deny that the particular anecdote implies a systemic problem in which you are one of the guilty parties, is itself sufficient to establish your guilt.

Model L Kafka-Trap
Your insistence on applying rational skepticism in evaluating assertions of pervasive sexism itself demonstrates that you are sexist.

Model D Kafka-Trap
The act of demanding a definition of sexism that can be consequentially checked and falsified proves you are sexist.

Model J Kafka-Trap
Even if your innocence is proven in a court of law, this not only confirms your guilt; it also confirms the guilt of the (legal) system that found you innocent.

Feminism has used these and the many variations of Kafka-trapping for so long in their circular thinking it needed a name.

mediumdave
mediumdave

Oh, Slavey, are you unable to go to the FRS and read what I wrote in its entirety? 😀

Well, if you are, here is what Mr. Harlan said that I objected to:

…black men face these sorts of prejudices on an infinitely grander scale. It’s no answer to the innocent blacks who are prejudged…

And if you think I’m misrepresenting what he said, Harlan’s comment is still there for you to read.

Now,here is my unedited comment that I made in response:

Ah, only twelve comments and the bogus race analogy has come up!

Mr. Archivist, the reason that black men in our society are disproportionately blamed for sexual assaults is because they are a less privileged, disadvantaged group compared to men in general. It’s one of the tools used to oppress them.

Harlan protested that “but do you know that blacks commit a disproportionate number of rapes?” which of course invalidated his previous point about the unfairness of that situation, but who’s counting? And he threw in some straw man BS and some (bogus) ad hominem arguments also (y’know if you’re going to argue ad hominem it does help if you know something about the person they are aimed at).

And to top it all off, he got me banned immediately so that I couldn’t answer in that space! What does that suggest to you? To me it suggests a lazy, cowardly fool.

NWOslave
NWOslave

Heres a link.

Heres an exerpt from the link on the trial of Franz Kafka.

My reference, of course, is to Franz Kafka’s “The Trial”, in which the protagonist Josef K. is accused of crimes the nature of which are never actually specified, and enmeshed in a process designed to degrade, humiliate, and destroy him whether or not he has in fact committed any crime at all. The only way out of the trap is for him to acquiesce in his own destruction; indeed, forcing him to that point of acquiescence and the collapse of his will to live as a free human being seems to be the only point of the process, if it has one at all.