comments policy self-promotion

It’s ALIVE! The Man Boobz Forum, that is.

BREAKING NEWS: Because of the gender issue and other issues people have raised with proboards, I will be moving the forum to another platform, probably phpBB. Just give me a few hours! I’ve locked the proboards forum down in the meantime. Post below with any thoughts and/or advice.

You asked for it – well, a majority of those who took the poll did. You got it! The Man Boobz Forum is open for business. Right here, right now.

I hope the discussions here on the blog will remain long and spirited and sprawly, but now you guys have a place to go to discuss, well, whatever you want to discuss, actually (within the limits of the forum’s comments policy, which you should all read). Raise you own issues, link to Man Booby stuff, link to off-topic stuff, link to your own blog, talk about books, talk about Magyck the Gendering cards, plan get-togethers, you name it.  One bit of warning: I’m going to try to keep discussions on the forum a little more civilized than they tend to be here on the blog; this means I will be more stringent about the commenting rules and much quicker to ban offenders, temporarily or permanently.

I encourage everyone who regularly comments here (and who wants to post on the forum) to register there using the same nickname you use here. Also, please post a comment here after I approve  you (just to verify that it’s really you behind both accounts). If you’re a regular commenter here and you’re interested in being a moderator of the forum, let me know.

Note on gender: Not everyone here identifies themselves as male or female. Unfortunately, proboards requires you to check either “male” or “female” when registering. The good news, for those who don’t fit the gender binary or who simply don’t want people to know what gender they are, is that you don’t have to display your gender in your profile or posts. (Go to your profile, and click “modify profile” and you’ll find a way to “hide” your gender as well as other ways to customize your profile.)

Post any feedback you have about the forum here or on the forum itself.

And enjoy!

So let’s switch now 🙂

I like being nebulous

Well, I don’t.

So don’t.

Ami Angelwings

Proboards is kinda clumsy, various problems as noted above (and having used them, I personally dislike them) AND there’s the gender issue for at least 3 ppl (who have posted above) and perhaps more (we have a lot more lurkers than we think, some of them talk to me on Facebook xD )

I think we should switch now, cuz it’d be easier than switching later and losing all the posts, or worrying about exporting posts, or etc etc :] It’s not like signing up again is this terrible deal, and as I said, if you need help, David, I’ll help :3

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I don’t think it’s necessary to switch now or anything. A lot of communities start on Proboards because it’s easy to use and simplistic to set up. Just know that if you get big enough, you might have a few issues.

speedlines
speedlines

I’m putting off registering until after this gets sorted out. For the record, I don’t care.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Ami, I don’t get it. Why don’t you just identify as female? It’s not like the Proboards police is going to come over and interrogate you.

If it’s an issue of effort, I’ll sign up and set it up right now :3

filetofswedishfish

MRAL, I don’t get it. Why don’t you just leave her alone? It’s not like it’s affecting you directly or indirectly. It’s a problem you don’t understand. Either try to understand it, or just don’t bother bickering about it, because you don’t get a say in it.

Ami Angelwings

MRAL I DO (you’re the one who thinks I should ID as male by what you said above -_-)

It’s the others above, I’m trying to accommodate 🙂

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I never said you should identify as male, I don’t give a shit what anyone calls themselves, unless it’s “USian”.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Alright, fine. I’m not trying to be a douche. Forget I said anything.

Victoria von Syrus
Victoria von Syrus

I just don’t see the problem if you can choose whichever you want.

But some people can’t. Some people don’t see an option which they feel is an honest reflection of who they are. What do you want those folks to do, lie?

this is bullshit.

ok

no problem

i was planning to turn the forum over and change the password and give it to you :]

Ami Angelwings

after i did the hard stuff at the beginning :3 that way you wouldn’t have to do too muc and you could still customize the whole thing yourself

i’m not trying to usurp your power, just trying to help the comm and you :] i am sry for being overzealous…

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

MRAL-being respectful of others is never bullshit. That is why we still treat you fairly decently despite your complete lack of deserving.

Pam
Pam

Okay, I’ve registered as Pam and my reg has been approved

Ami Angelwings

doing the locked forum thing for personal/triggering/etc talk is easy too…. just leave the whole forum publicly postable and open, and just allow as members everybody here who is not a troll (i suppose if they want to sneak in they can but that’s true of nething) :]

ok :] i understand

when i get into creating things, or etc.. i can get v into it xD (as my 88 magyc cards show)

Johnny Pez

Hey, if you modify your profile, it lets you choose a username with upper case letters and spaces and all that other complicated stuff. So now I am forum user Johnny Pez!

HUZZAH!

Sarah
Sarah

It’s my pleasure!

So, should I refrain from posting until you get the phpBB stuff set up? Or will transferring posts be easy?

Registered… Woo hoo.

David, are you planning on keeping the comment threads here along with the forum? I’ve made this suggestion before, but perhaps you could migrate the comment section to a post in the forums, perhaps under a “Blog Posts” board. That way everything can be streamlined and easy to follow and so-forth.

kirbywarp

Oh noes… And of course I completely misinterpreted what your last post said, David… Guess the forum stuffs will have to wait.

Ami Angelwings

My vote is to migrate the comment section to the forums.. so it keeps things streamlined and less confusing 🙂

like create a new post on the forum when a post comes here

and add a link at the bottom of here says “want to comment? click here!” or something that links to the forum post :] (i know some blogs that do this… girl-wonder for one..)

NWOslave
NWOslave

Ya know, I was thinkin about gettin my johnson hacked off and permanently sewn up my ass, as well as popping out my left eye and having a pussy sewn into the empty socket.

I demand my new gender be called PUMA-PIE.
Which stands for Penis Up My Ass, Pussy In Eye.

And don’t be callin my no pussy-eyed penis pooper. I’m just so sick of the negative gender stereotyping. Gender is a construct damn it.

Holy crap I’m funny!

Snowy
Snowy

WOW YEAH THAT WAS SO HILARIOUS

Snowy
Snowy

Wait, was it Mr Slave who dislikes all caps or was that someone else? I do know he definitely dun like these XD XD XDDDDD

Ami Angelwings

That’s AWS who hates caps xD He’s Kirby’s NWO xD AWS is obsessed w/ Kirby like NWO is w/ me xD

@Snowy:

That was AWS. Shame he isn’t here…

@NWO:

Wow, you’re so funny and insightful. It’s like you can zero in on the real issue of transgendered people, the desire to make up an entirely new gender, consisting of randomly reassigned body parts. Yup.. How very intelligent and witty of you… yup…

Snowy
Snowy

AWS that’s right! Oh well, I tried.

kirbywarp

Funny how “gender is a construct” somehow translates to “I can construct my own gender,” not “gender doesn’t define who someone is, it is something bestowed upon them.”

NWOslave
NWOslave

kirbywarp… transgendered people and reassigned body parts. What a crazy thought. It does sound insane doesn’t it? HAHAHA. Keep on keepin on, you people rock!

Snowy
Snowy

Well, you certainly sound insane. Maybe it’s the maniacal laughter.

@NWO:

Randomly reassigned body parts. Randomly. As in without rationale or reason. Kinda the important bit you missed.

Transgendered people aren’t trying to drill holes into their eyes or put penises on their shoulders. They are altering their body to the “gender” they associate with. Unfortunately this is kind of hard for me to get across to you, because it involves a great deal of understanding and nuance. So, whatever. Keep on trollin, man, keep on trollin. Unless you actually want to learn something. In which case ask away, I might actually answer your questions for once. 😛

Ami Angelwings

Personally, I think ppl should be able to do what they want w/ their body. xD If he wants to do that he can go right ahead.

@Ami:

Well, yeah, technically.. But its kinda like the people who say “Well, if you let gays get married, why not let people marry rocks? Or dogs marry cats? Or people marry goldfish? Adults marry two year olds? Or let brothers and sisters marry?” Basically, its trying to take a reasonable position and equate it to what is meant to be a horribly unreasonable one. But of course when the two aren’t equivalent, the tactic falls flat.

Sarah
Sarah

Hm. That’s an interesting point, Slavie! Is gender really just a construct? I think a lot of it is! A lot of what we associate with gender is culturally produced. But I’m not sure all of it is! Now I’m not arguing that there is an objectively correct way to present, or anything like that, but I think there may be some inherent part of human nature that makes gender somewhat meaningful.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, you already suffer a rather severe cranio-rectal inversion, so I’m not sure that’s gonna work.