antifeminism idiocy marriage strike men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny nice guys video western women suck

MGTOW Out Loud

You may not have realized that you wanted to hear dramatic readings of comments from NiceGuy’s MGTOW forum. But, trust me, you do. And so here you go, courtesy of the folks behind Troper (a series of dramatic readings of terrible shit from the TV Tropes message boards). There are two episodes of the NiceGuy series so far, with more (eventually) on the way.

luke123
luke123

ithiliana

YOu can’t make me click!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Man, *wipes away tears of laughter* I really needed that. What a week.

And, as luke123, more than proves this kind of foolishness is gender neutral.

Thanks again, David

Clementine
Clementine

There is a relevant xkcd on this subject:

tin-spider
tin-spider

Why are nazis always brought up? Why can’t we be compared to another group of fascists? Come on boys, show some creativity!

Simone Lovelace

speedlines
speedlines

I wouldn’t call Violent Acres a man-hating feminist. She’s more of a general misanthrope, with occasional anti-feminist views. But for the most part she’s an independent thinker.

Sarah
Sarah

Clementine, there’s always a relevant xkcd.

And I’m inclined to agree that AngryFeminist is trying to be satirical. Her ideas are just too far out there to even be credible.

And those videos remind me of this: http://youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com/

Magical Laura

Sarah, I still laugh at that letter everytime I hear it. Me and my housemate practically knew it by half at one point.

Bee
Bee

On the one hand, it’s kind of a cheap shot to use a funny voice to read stupid comments for laffs. On the other hand, it’s entirely appropriate to use a funny voice to read stupid comments by MGTOWers. Those are the voices that suggest themselves automatically when reading MGTOW thoughts.

I didn’t really start laughing until WolfWolvesWolf in the second video, though. MONEY.

*looks around for women*

Oh, MGTOW. It’s the movement that makes fun of itself!

Pecunium

Bee? Aren’t you a woman?

See, it works, EVERY TIME!!!!!

Ami Angelwings

I dunno… Heart has had some pretty out there theories of what’s part of the patriarchy >_>;;

I also dunno why she or others would be relevant XD

I think it’d be funnier if they had somebody w/ a great baritone voice to just read everything straight up imo, but you know I find playing absurd stuff fairly straight up to be funny xD

I’m waiting until the MRAs decide to retaliate and read MY stuff xD I figure it’d prolly be me b/c of how I write xD It’d be great! 😀 (and their voices would prolly sound better than mine IRL neways xD )

Bee
Bee

I’m totes gonna ask my boyfriend to do this. He’s on break from doing this cool album covers youtube thingie with his friend, so maybe he’s up for a new project. And he has a great voice. I’ll link here if he does it. (Unfortunately, he still has his own mind and his own will, despite my evil feminist tricks — so, he may have his own plans.)

MONEY.

Ami Angelwings

New card for Denelian btw!

all cards again are there (i’m working as fast as i can to get more up so you can make a post David, I still need to make a few more ppl, some lands, and balance the colours a little more : it won’t be COMPLETE since that will take.. well a lot more xD but it might give more of an example? I dunno how complete you want it to be before posting? :3 )

Johnny Pez btw wrote a great short story on the background of his char and he put together the world of Magyc pretty good from my little snippets! Which is great, cuz that’s what I want :3 I know when I was younger, I LOVED reading the flavour texts at the bottom of magic cards to try to figure out what the world was like… it felt like slowly unravelling a story :3 and that’s the kind of feeling i want to impart w/ my cards :3

I dunno if I can link to his story tho? I’ll ask him :3

keep in mind that some of the cards you’ve alrdy seen might be now at the top, the reason for this is that when I edit a card I have to re-upload it :]

hellkell
hellkell

The MONEY one was… MONEY.

luke123
luke123

“I’m calling Poe on AngryFeminist. Not that there aren’t man-hating feminists, (Twisty Faster and Violent Acres come to mind), but this feels like satire to me. She also has a video on how twinkies are “tools of the patriarchy.””

It’s hard to tell, actually.

But as to Violent Acres, I kinda like her. Seriously, I really do.

Twister Faster on the other hand ….. barf! Somehow I feel inclined to call Poe’s law on that one too.

ozymandias42

I have such a soft spot for Violent Acres. You can’t help but like someone who hates EVERYONE.

I should MONEY use money MONEY to MONEY get more MONEY MONEY hits on MONEY NSWATM MONEYMONEYMONEY.

Trollin'MRAs
Trollin'MRAs

“Nice Guy” videos = dozens of man douchebags

luke123’s video = one femmedouche who is probably trolling (twinkies? Really?)

MRAs win the douchebag cup!
HOORAY!

kilo
kilo

The MONEY par was hilarious. mmmh MONEY…. and it works; now I want to sign up for their forum, cause they have MONEY.

However, they should not fix the grammar when reading aloud. That takes away some of the fun for me.

Alex

Oh dear, I nearly died laughing at MONEY! lmao I am totally posting this on facebook.

shaenon

Okay, this is going to sound like a joke, but I am dead serious. I draw a webcomic (yeah, doesn’t everybody?), and I have an upcoming scene where one character, a gay guy, has just had a one-night stand with some dude. I only need to draw the dude for one or two panels, but I’ve run out of people to use as models, having already drawn most of my friends into the comic at some point.

On one of the recent threads, MRAL mentioned wishing he were gay so he wouldn’t have to deal with women and their persistent spitting problem, and it occurred to me that, aside from being gay, this character in my comic is a total alpha. I mean, he’s like 6’6″. No blue eyes or loud attitude, but he’s definitely a facial alpha. He’d be quite a catch for any Greek-system-minded young man.

I guess what I’m saying is, MRAL, if you send me a photo of yourself, I will draw you into my webcomic as the onetime consort of one of my characters. I’m not kidding about this. My email is available on my website at http://www.skin-horse.com/about.html (email me, not my cowriter Channing).

(And if there’s anyone here who actually reads Narbonic and/or Skin Horse, yes, I am offering to hook MRAL up with Artie.)

shaenon

P.S. MONEY.

Pecunium

Shaenon: I don’t read your comic, but I have friends who do. We probably have at least acquaintances in common.

Ami Angelwings

@Shaenon you’re an awesome artist! 😀 I’m jealous xD (I can’t draw v well…)

malcontent
malcontent

Too bad the readers corrected the execrable grammar on those posts. A literal reading would have been funnier.

Arielle
Arielle

That YTMND Sarah posted reminded me of Mojo Jojo for some reason.

Wanderer
Wanderer

Forgive me for popping back by, especially after not having been here so long (I still lurk, but don’t post), but I must be honest–these “Troper” people really aren’t the best “dramatic readers” I’ve ever seen. It would, of course, be my pleasure to provide an example of one of the best I’ve heard, IMO:

(YTMND in general isn’t very SFW, but this one in particular isn’t very off-color, though it is very, very funny)

speedlines
speedlines

Just out of curiosity, I clicked over to YouTube to see what the comments there were like. My faith in humanity has been restored, somewhat.

When YouTube commentors restore your faith in humanity, you know things have gotten pretty bad.

MONEY.

Bee
Bee

My boyfriend said he’d record himself reading some Christopher in Oregon letters.

MONEY!

VoiP
VoiP

I should just start sprinkling that word throughout my posts, and increase my female readership by over 9000%.

I see what you did there.

Ami, these are FANTASTIC.

VoiP
VoiP

MONEY

VoiP
VoiP

Also, there’s this.

denelian
denelian

Bee –

please thank him for me! these guys didn’t do a bad job [“MONEY!” that was hilarios, but you all already knew that] but, as Ami and others have stated, a “straight” [pun intended!] reading will be so! much! FUNNIER!

$MONEY$

denelian
denelian

ooooooooh – ah, i hope i didn’t offend anyone with my pun. it wasn’t meant to offend [ok, that’s not true. due to my fanatical devotion to $MONEY$, it was intended to offened MRAs and MGTOWs who are misogynists. but ONLY them. because of $MONEY$]

after all, $MONEY$ makes the world go ’round!

Pecunium

Ami: Point of information, Sergeant is spelled “sergeant”.

Ami Angelwings

i know, i corrected it a while ago… PB might not have refreshed.. xD

darksidecat

These videos remind me of Dawkin’s reading his hatemail:

Ion
Ion

VoiP: I just watched that clip yesterday after finding it on FunnyJunk (how the hell did get the sync so perfect?). Then I watched the Pony Anthology on Youtube and now I’m looking for some episodes 🙂 as if I needed something else to get hooked on during exams 🙂

DeeDee
DeeDee

*de-lurk*

Uh, yeah, on behalf of the TVTropes community, I’d like to apologise for the contents of the This Troper series. Visitors and less self-conscious members tend to use Troper Tales as a diary/confessional/cybersex-thread, but the site’s now being purged of the worst offenses.

Pretty good videos too. Hard to go wrong with such comedy gold.

*lurks*

Rutee
Rutee

Waaaaait Shaenon is Shaenon Garrity? Excuse me while I keep from fangirling myself to death.

Don’t mind me just been lurking.

Hook
Hook

lol

they are pretty funny. Just as well there are so few of those guys in the mens movement.

Did you know that a feminst lesbian that went undercover as a man came to similar conclusions that these “nice guys” have come to?

Magical Laura

“where misogyny and ultimately rape may be a vicious attempt to take what cannot be taken because it has not been bestowed”

Yay, feminism!!!

Hook
Hook

Darksidecat

Go here and start listening from 4.30 to hear Richard Dawkins putting womens studies and feminism in the same box as creationism.

Rutee
Rutee

Richard Dawkins is a sexist git who still holds to archaic notions of gender roles bestowed by nature. What he has to say about feminism is less than useless; I’ve seen him on threads with dozens of honest-to-god feminists and he still manages to only ever argue against straw men and not understand what is being told to him. Take him with about 20 pinches of salt.

Fuck MRAs
Fuck MRAs

Hook, Rutee, indeed.

Atheism and a British accent does not a feminist make.

I think we can all use a reminder of that sometimes, especially when someone may have perfectly sound ideas in other areas.

sarahejones

Ami, the cards are fantastic! If you ever make one for me, I want something about writing. And arguing. But logical arguing. I’m a big fan of logic and rhetoric 🙂

Akagi
Akagi

@Hook
To completely mansplain that offhand, I think that maybe she came into that with the entitlements, prejudices and expectations of the average man and therefore that colored her experience. Her “women really like stinky smelly men” stuff seems almost out of a trope book, and since she hasn’t tried to date men herself, it just seems unfair.

One flaw in that is that she describes women exclusively having many qualities that a lot of bitter men have down to a T and it is never noted. When women are more comfortable around her as a woman and men around her as a man , this is not attributed to the idea that ( in this world ) people are more comfortable around their gender, but it kind of reads as women aren’t trusting. But idk I just skimmed it, hard to read after that rape comment.

darksidecat

@Hook, et al, I know Dawkins is a sexist, it isn’t really a secret. I don’t agree with him on everything, I just think the hatemail reading bit is funny. Sort of like how I don’t have to go along with all of Stewart’s silly libertarian nonsense just because I post a vid of a funny bit from the Daily Show. People can like problematic things for their good bits and still recognize the problematic parts.

Molly Ren

Reading Hook’s earlier link made me think about trans men and women I’ve read and known. Some of them have felt that their time as one sex made them understand the other better, and I wonder why the author wasn’t able to retain that during her transformation to a man. Apparently all women became stupid as soon as she was no longer one. 😛