antifeminism evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men pussy cartel rape rapey reactionary bullshit sluts

Are false rape accusations the fault of feminism?

Holly Pervocracy's SlutWalk sign, which apparently causes false rape accusations.

If you thought the “meat market” guy from a couple of days ago – you know, the one prattling on about the “market makers of pussy” —  was risibly wrongheaded, here’s an even more insidious attempt to reduce the complexities of human sexuality to a question of “supply and demand.” Over on The False Rape Society blog, Pierce Harlan has a new post with the title:

False rape claims: increasingly a tool to skew the current economies of sex, where sex is cheaper than most women prefer

As you might imagine, the post itself is based on some fairly twisty blame-the-victim logic – with some feminist-bashing thrown in for good measure. Let’s wade through the muck here.

According to Harlan, the “cultural tenets governing sexual encounters” have gone all loosey-goosey in recent years, due to birth control, a general loosening of sexual mores and “the feminist-inspired norms that pressure young women to ‘party like the guys.’”

But, alas, feminists totally don’t understand the law of supply and demand –and that in the market of sex, they are the supply and not the demand  (because it’s not like women ever really want to have sex themselves).  As a result, the feminist-inspired young women of today are totally flooding the market with cut-rate pussy.

As Harlan explains:

The experts tell us that men have a much easier time obtaining sex than they did in days long gone. …  Women who’d prefer to put a higher price tag on their sexuality are finding themselves locked out of the market.

The results are all too predictable.  Women are having sex more often when they secretly are conflicted about it. We’ve frequently reported here about the proven gender “regret asymmetry” where young women have much higher levels of after-the-fact regret than men following sexual hook-ups.  Regret too often is transmogrified into feelings of being used, and feeling used too often metamorphoses into a false rape claim.

Does Harlan have any evidence to back up this hypothesis? Yes. And it comes straight from his ass.

Having studied the false rape phenomenon closely for a number of years, it is my conclusion that young women are increasingly resorting to false rape claims as an inappropriate method of skewing the current economies of sex, which favors men and which makes sex cheaper than most women consciously or subconsciously prefer.

In other words: he has spent the last several years searching out news stories on false rape accusations to post on his blog. Because there are almost 7 billion people on planet earth, he has been able to find a fair number of such stories. So he’s concluded that there is some sort of “false rape epidemic” going on. In other words, his conclusion seems to be based almost entirely on what’s known as the “availability heuristic,” which, as Wikipedia puts it, “is a phenomenon (which can result in a cognitive bias) in which people predict the frequency of an event, or a proportion within a population, based on how easily an example can be brought to mind.”

Were I to start a blog entitled “The Dudes Peeing on Things You Shouldn’t Pee On Society,” guess what? I too could cite many examples, drawn from the newspapers of the world.  Were I to do this for several years, my brain would be stuffed full of stories of men urinating on just about anything that can be urinated on, from prayer rugs to cough drops.  This, through the power of the “availability heuristic,” might convince me that we faced an epidemic of inappropriately urinating men, and that this epidemic was getting worse by the hour. (I mean, before I started specifically looking for such stories I almost never heard about this terrible social ill.)

But back to Harlan and his argument, such as it is:

Women are pressured by feminist-inspired norms to make themselves more available to men than ever, but they have also learned that crying rape after-the-fact is a culturally accepted, indeed, feminist approved, antidote to sex they feel was too cheaply obtained.  Instead of saying “no” up front, they are retroactively saying “no” — with false rape claims — after-the-fact. And society has given this backward state of affairs its imprimatur.

One solution? Women need to stop having so much sex — for the sake of teh menz. Or as Harlan, still working the creaky economic metaphor, puts it:

One cure is to enhance the value of female sexuality by decreasing the supply and thereby reduce both regret and false rape claims.

But, darn it, this won’t work, because women are out there marching in the street for the right to, you know, have sex when they want to with consenting partners without being shamed for it.

That, of course, can never happen in a society where “slut walks” are celebrated as liberating events, where colleges excuse women from underage drinking charges so long as they report they were raped, and where false rape claims are routinely excused and implicitly encouraged. In short, it can never happen in a society that encourages young women to be promiscuous and to then tell rape lies when that promiscuity results in an unfavorable sexual experience.

Harlan ends his piece with a call to lock up false accusers for a long time.

Certainly malicious false accusers should be charged. Women who identify the wrong guy in a lineup? No.

And it would be nice if Harlan extended the sympathy he shows for falsely accused men to real victims of real rape, a much larger group of people than the falsely accused. But instead he writes pieces like this one, and links in his sidebar to a host of misogynist blogs that, among other things, routinely joke about female victims of rape and murder, that urge men on juries in rape trials to vote to acquit the accused even when he’s clearly guilty, that claim that age of consent laws are inherently man-hating, and that think it would be great if sex robots and artificial wombs rendered women obsolete.

Those actually interested in helping those falsely accused – rather than supporting Harlan’s retrograde agenda — would do better to support The Innocence Project, and to stop reading Harlan’s drivel.

aMiRA

When a DA decides to not prosecute, that too is a false accusation,

If the cops do things to prejudice the idenitfication of a suspect, that’s a false accusation,

No, those are examples of what is known as the Vagina Pinata. Any male who helps her out gets a shot at the candy that might be inside.

Nobinayamu | June 16, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Well, aMiRA you’re in luck. Because currently, that’s exactly how the system works.

Resolved!

Except it doesn’t. Nice try though. How about you actually see the world as it is rather than the world according to the Gospel of Dworkin.

Lyn
Lyn

Oooh – and every time NWO turns up we can be like ‘whose cat urped up this mess?’ 🙂

Spearhafoc

I believe the saying is “box of hammers.”

There are many variations of the saying. “Bag”/”Box. Tom-ay-to/tom-ah-to.

However, I agree with the others who don’t think the reference to hammers works in this case. There are hammers, at least in fiction and mythology, that are capable of far more intelligence than NWOslave. Thor’s hammer Mjölnir, for example, could return to the hand of whoever threw it. Slavey lacks that sort of memory, judging by the way he keeps repeating disproven arguments.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I thought it was “Look what the cat urped in” 😀

chuckeedee
chuckeedee

There is nothing unreasonable about Harlan’s thesis. The laws of supply and demand must be different for men and women. Fucking a string of losers is not perceived in quite the same erotic way by women as fucking a string of bimbos is perceived by men (and, incidentally, I do not condone either). The delusion that women have the same sex drives as men (with the same motivations) is a form of solipsism. Anyone who believes that women are motivated to fuck in the same way and in the same contexts that men are clearly does not understand women… or men, and why Game works. And the slutwalks are an expression of this very solipsistic ignorance.

The false accusers lying about rape diminish and trivialize the experiences of genuine rape victims. And when they are not held accountable for their lies, they erode the integrity of the justice system. The shifting laws of supply and demand impact on every aspect of our culture, and are inextricably intertwined with the baby-termination industries. I’m not too sure why David has difficulty in grasping this crucial reality.

Bee
Bee

Ah geez, is chuckadee another meta-troll? I wanna make fun of him, but I don’t see the point if he’s just gonna say, “I don’t believe any of that garbage, I’m just making a point, of course!”

Lyn
Lyn

And I’m not sure there’s a link between there being (as you argue) different ‘market forces’ at play in men’s and women’s sexuality and women lying about rape willy nilly.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Who are the “genuine” rape victims?

And do you agree with what many posters have already written on this thread, that women who can be proven to have lied maliciously about consensual sex being rape should be tried and, if convicted, punished to the full extent of the law?

Alex

Look everyone! A new troll!

Pecunium

Chuckadee: Anyone who thinks men and women have greatly variant reasons for having sex, clearly doesn’t understand people. Women have sex for the same reason men do… they like it.

It’s not a supply and demand thing, because the supply, by and large, isn’t limited. Where it has been limited the limiting has been done by men (see harems, purdah, mormon-style polygamy, Arabian-style isolation, Taliban-ish treatment, etc.). I know lots of women who like to fuck. If they want to go and find a new boy-toy for the night, I don’t care.

Heck, I might even go so far as to condone it. So long as the people engaging in casual sex are honest with their partners, and treat them as human beings (not merely means to an end), there is nothing wrong with it.

Which is where, “Game” fails. It treats people as things. That’s immoral.

It’s also self-limiting. The trickery inherent in it (the cutting out, the negging, the use of drink to take advantage of inhibitionary reduction, etc.) works on women who are insecure, or inexperience. The PUAs don’t care, of course, they aren’t treating the women as people, but as warm places to stick their dick.

The solipsistic arrogance is in thinking this isn’t reprehensible behavior. The Sociopathic ideation is putting it into practice.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I have an idea…how about false rape accusers have to spend an hour in NWOaf’s company a week for a year after release from prison. Or does that violate the eighth amendment?

aMiRA

That is just feminist lip service. The government would never spend the amounts of money that would be needed to build the massive new jails that would be required to house all of the convicts under such a law. Also they would never spend the money to create rape accusation crisis centers for all of the male rape accusation survivors, nor create therapy programs for them, much less the veritable spas that modern female shelters and crisis centers are.

Pecunium

What… make NWO act all dommy on them? Well no… I know, they could get out early, if they agreed to teach him arithmetic and grammar.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

A defendant in the courtroom today said “irregardless” so we should test them first.

Amused
Amused

NWO: “Society privileges me, who’da thunk it.
Grew up in poverty, lived in my car in the dead of winter with a roommate, probably went a good 200 days without food. “

200 days without food? Oh dear. I presume you were morbidly obese before your fast, though — right?

aMiRA

Which is where, “Game” fails. It treats people as things. That’s immoral.

No. It treats women as women.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Women are not things-they are humans with thoughts, desires, needs and wants.

Pecunium

aMIRA: The funny thing is… I know lots of women who have been raped (even using the limited definition you used… I know one whose window was opened, while a knife was held to her throat raped. She’s been asexual since then), but I don’t one… not a single one, man who has been falsely accused of rape.

This epidemic… seems to happen elsewhere. I mean, I’ve lived in a lot of places. Some of them are bastions of pretty liberal thinking (like The Bay Area, where I live now: where a rape charge, with four witnesses, not the victim, was just voided by the jury), and LA, and Oak Ridge Tennesee, and Sierra Vista Arizona, and Monterey, and Santa Cruz, and San Luis Obispo.. and in all those places (some of which are really liberal… Santa Cruz,and Berkeley aren’t known for being all that against feminist thought), I’ve never met one man who was falsely accused.

Not one.

So where are all the victims of this vast epidemic?

Alex

You’d think his supposed “200 days without food” would cause him to empathize with certain people who did that while trying to hide from people who wanted to kill them, but no.

Temporary Name
Temporary Name

Long time lurker; first time commenter. I know it was a few pages ago, but I have got to respond to the ludicrous idea that all women, or even most women, enjoy being looked at as objects. That’s something that no one with first hand experience being treated as an object would ever think.

Personal experience: I hit puberty pretty early. By age 11, I had already sprouted up pretty tall and started developing. That was when I stopped being able to take my (then 8 year old) sister along on bike trips to near by restaurants, parks, ice cream stores, etc. She was terrified by the way that men, full grown adult men, looked at me and the things they said. The way they said stuff was downright creepy, like it didn’t matter than my sister and I could hear them because objects can’t have opinions on things. I mean, sure, I looked older than 11, and I was responsible enough to baby-sit, but on a true maturity scale I was downright childish. I even dressed identically to my brothers (generally athletic shorts and loose t-shirts). I didn’t have to do anything other than exist to get treated like an object, and it wasn’t fun. It only restricted my freedom to go places that I’d been going (and my brothers would continue to go to) for years in peace.

And as to women doing things on purpose with the goal of being treated like objects, I always was under the impression that the beautifying was more for the sake of other women/girls. It’s kinda like how make-overs are a slumber party game, and how make-up users (of either gender; I have guy friends who wear for various occasions) are more likely to appreciate the kind of skill that goes into choosing colors and applying. And when I wear a perfume it’s because I like the smell and want to continue to smell it. In my experience, more women than men comment on perfumes; I never even realized that men noticed it at all.

aMiRA

@Pecunium When an MRA states that they have never known a woman in their life who has been raped, when supposedly 25% of women have been raped, they are told that women are ashamed or scared, or may not admit to a man, much less one they do not trust with such a painful memory. Why do you believe it is different with men who are rape accusation survivors and suffering from PTSD?

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Because generally there is some kind of evidence beyond the guy’s word. Like a news story, criminal indictment, really pissed wife/mother…

Alex

I’ve known three guys who claimed they were falsely accused. One of them was telling the truth and his accusers stopped before anything got serious (this was in grade nine), and the accusation didn’t stick at all. The other two were lying. This I know because one of them raped my best friend, and the other one sexually assaulted me. So I, like others, am interested to know where exactly this false rape epidemic is located. On the other hand, every woman I know, and several men I know have been sexually assault and/or sexually harassed, often multiple times.

aMiRA

Because David is essentially a sexual marketplace short seller. He’s betting on the value of male sexuality and usefulness to plummet, and he’s using this blog to further his goals.

Molly Ren

Ami, when you get done being aMiRA, I wanna know how you *do* this. Do ya just ramp yourself up so you feel really dark and malevolent? Do you feel icky afterwards?

“Vagina Pinata” cracked me up, tho. 😀

aMiRA

I’m going to bed. I have an 18 hour workday tomorrow, and unlike some of you, it involves more than, manicuring my nails, answering a few phone calls and joining my boss in his office for “brunch” with the door closed. I’ll be sure to let my friends who are rape accusation survivors know what you think of them. I should have known better than to argue with idiots who don’t even believe that basketball is part of our natural evolution. It’s been real.

Pecunium

Because the MRA mantra is that all these men are being criminally prosecuted, having their lives destroyed, etc.

Since the charges are public, etc., it’s not parallel.

Case the first: A woman is raped and chooses not to report it to the police. End result, 1 Rape, 0 accusation.

Case the second: A woman isn’t raped, and does report it. A police report is generated. The papers report it (I used to be a reporter… I can’t think of a single rape we didn’t mention in the paper when I was on the staff, not one. Then again, we only had two reported rapes in three years, so… [college paper, 18,000 students). The Police investigate it. if they get a suspect that person is arrested.

In the MRA scenario the woman is being malicious, so the suspect is almost certain to be named (heck, that’s a huge part of your complaint… a single woman, with no need to substantiate it can ruin a man’s life on nothing more than her say so).

So the first case (woman who fails to report a rape) can stay below the official radar.

The second case, by definition, can’t.

So where are all these falsely accused men?

aMiRA

One last thing before I leave.

@Pecunium 2 things: First, most survivors of false reports never had a chance to be found not guilty the way our current “justice” system works. Others never make it to trial because the false rape accuser has no interest in inconveniencing her life for a trial, she merely wanted an excuse for her parents, boyfriend, husband or social circle. Secondly, I think you’re familiar with newspapers reporting on sensational stories on Page 1 and then the less interesting (or disappointing) follow-up on Page 30 months later. Many newspapers and police reports follow this same trend. The rape headline everybody remembers, and if they even bother to publish the result, it will be buried at the bottom of the box scores. Most newspapers don’t even bother to follow up on the original story because they know that is not the feminist-friendly narrative that their corporate bosses, the police, the DA’s office and our society in general wants to hear and wants publicized. There are a few brave exceptions such as the Daily Mail, but in general, they just don’t believe it is in their or the public’s interest to hear the stories of these brave survivors of rape accusations.

Ami Angelwings

“This blog deserves a better class of troll. And I’m gonna give it to them!”

Lyn
Lyn

“brave exceptions such as the Daily Mail”…classic troll.

Victoria von Syrus
Victoria von Syrus

It’s Math Time with Vicky von Syrus again!

Subtitle: Proving NWOslave is Full of Shit

Futher Subtitle: An Lady English Major Does Math Better than NWOslave Does Math

According to RAINN, a woman has approximately a 1 in 6 chance of being raped in her lifetime. A man has somewhere between a 1% to 3% chance of being the victim of rape in his lifetime.

American Indian and Eskimo women are at the greatest risk of rape in the United States – nearly a third of women who fit that category have been raped.

60% of rapes go unreported to the police.

If a woman does report her rape to the police, she has about a 50/50 chance of her report resulting in an arrest (perhaps she is not believed at the station, perhaps her rapist manages to elude arrest, perhaps she does not know the identity of her rapist, though that is only true in about 1/3 of the cases).

If a woman reports her rape and an arrest is made, the odds are actually quite good – 80% – that the case will go to prosecution. Some DAs may pass on prosecuting the case, perhaps a plea deal is reached, or maybe the rapist dies before he can go to trial.

If the case goes to trial, there’s about a 58% chance of getting a conviction. Even in the most clear-cut cases (such as the recently publicized case wherein on-duty NYPD officers were accused and tried for rape), convictions are tricky. The victim is often put on trial alongside her attacker, such as in the NYPD case, which focused quite a bit on how drunk the woman was and not if she had, y’know, consented.

If convicted, the rapist has a 69% of serving time. Why this is, I don’t know – maybe some judges sentence to time served.

In summation, 15 out of 16 rapists walk free.

To put that in real numbers: RAINN estimates that approximately 64,080 rapes occurred in the United States in between 2004 and 2005. Right off the bat, 38,448 rapes did not get reported. Of the 25,632 rapes that were reported to the police, about 12,816 went free while an equal number were arrested.

Of those arrested rapists, 10,252 were formally charged and put on trial. 5,946 of those rapists were convicted of rape, but only 4,103 served any sort of jail sentence for it. So if a man is falsely accused of rape he has, all things being equal, only a 16% chance of seeing the inside of a jail cell – and that’s assuming all things are equal. In a false rape case, I suspect there would be an alibi, a lack of evidence and other things which a savvy defense attorney would be able to put forth on behalf of their client.

In case you missed it: 2004-2005. 64,080 rapes. 4,103 rapists in jail. Even with the data that many men who rape commit rape multiple times during their lifetime, that’s one hell of a disparity.

So, NWOslave, where are your meticulously researched statistics published by a reputable organization about false rape allegations? How many women who report rape to the police are lying? How many of those false allegations make it past the cops, past the DA and into a court room? How many trials of men accused of rape end up in a conviction, and how many of those convicted men serve time? What is their average sentence?

thefemalespectator

“I assume you have all read Mary Wollstonecraft’s classic A Vindication of the Rights of Women to Get Totally Wasted and Fuck Some Dudes.”

This totally made my day. And with Ami giving aMiRA hell, it is only going to get better…I…I think I’m going to need a cigarette…

Victoria von Syrus
Victoria von Syrus

Is it just me, or does aMiRA do a better job of trolling than the trolls do at trolling? Her posts are way more fun to read than NWO, MRAL or Ion.

Kave
Kave

I’m so disgusted I can’t even leave an argument. except that NWO is pathetic.

Molly Ren

“According to the U.S. Department of Justice, the rate of rape has been declining since the 70s. Yay!

“According to RAINN, a woman has approximately a 1 in 6 chance of being raped in her lifetime.”

Damn, the 60s must have sucked! o.O

Ami Angelwings

@David Matronizing was in this thread. Vagina Pinata was cuz “Pussy Pass” sounds so crude, it’s hard to be taken srsly when you’re being all articulate then suddenly you sound like you’re 7 y/o on the school playground xD

@Nobinayamu “accomplice” comes actually from something else I wrote on another comm about how some victim-blamers were basically saying that when they talk about “what about her culpability” or “her responsibility?”, except they either can’t articulate it or were too scared to actually say what they are implying… 😐 Pot of gold at the end of the rape accusation rainbow just came to me xD

I should offer my services to the MRM for a salary. xD

Ami Angelwings

@Molly Ren I’ve had a troll actually use those 2 facts to prove that there’s no way rape can be nearly that high right now b/c it means it’d had to have been at ridic levels before and it’s prolly barely nething at all. >_>;;

Ami Angelwings

@Molly Ren I also replied to you on your tumblr (the post beneath the other post that was kind of an interesting greeting when I showed up xD )

Victoria von Syrus
Victoria von Syrus

Onto campus rapes, wherein I shall rely on a 2000 study published by the U.S. Department of Justice (http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf).

The study starts off by criticizing many of the previous studies of sex crimes on college campuses. The study was conducted through nationwide telephone interviews of 4,446 women attending 2 or 4 year colleges with an student body of at least 1,000 or more in the year 1996.

Now, this bit is important:

Because some women were victimized more than once, the rate of incidents was higher than the rate of victims (35.3 per 1,000 students). Of the 123 victims, 22.8 percent (n = 28) were multiple-rape victims

This is a phenomena that has been observed before. Women who have been through a traumatic or abusive experience sometimes seem to attract abusers and rapists (attract, not invite – there’s a difference).

Any given college-age woman has about a 5% chance of experiencing a rape or attempted rape in any given calendar year. Considering that many women take between 4 to 5 years to complete their degree, this means that a high school senior entering college has about a 20-25% chance of being raped before she graduates.

568 women (out of 4,446) reported 1,161 incidents of non-rape coercion or threats, such as “attempted sexual contact with force or threat of force” or “threats of force.” The numbers vary (3.76% for “attempted sexual contact with thread of force” to .9% for threat of force), but keep in mind, this is measuring one group of women, in various stages of their college careers, for one year.

Unmarried women, women living on campus, women who were previously victims and women who get drunk often are all at greater risk of being raped.

Less than 5% of completed or attempted rapes against college women were reported to authorities, though about 2/3 of women told a friend. When asked why women did not report, many of them did not think they would be believed, doubted fair treatment by the police or the justice system, or feared reprisal by their attacker.

The study goes on about stalking, but I think this is enough for now.

Chew on that, Slavey.

Molly Ren

@Ami Oh… yeah. I don’t post photos often, but when I do they tend to be doozies. XD

darksidecat
darksidecat

200 days without food? Holy fuck, now we know what is wrong with NWO:

•Weakness
•Confusion
•Chronic diarrhea
•Irritability
•Bad decision making
•Decreased sex drive
•Immune deficiency
•Hallucinations
•Convulsions
•Muscle spasms
•Irregular heartbeat

He’s literally starving to death!!! I now feel bad about all of the mean things I have said to him, because I know his mean words are just due to his hunger delusions. Which has to be made even more extreme by the fact that he was a hugely chubby fellow at the beginning of his ordeal. Go to an emergency room and get an IV full of nutrients, thanks to those socialist lawyers, you can’t be turned away even if you can’t pay. When you are less malnourished, come back to us and show us your true self.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

“this means that a high school senior entering college has about a 20-25% chance of being raped before she graduates.”

Nice weasel words. A senior has about a 20-25% chance of rape or ATTEMPTED RAPE. What defines an “attemptd rape”? Is that self-reported? What are the statistics regarding rape vs. attempted rape?

Molly Ren

Apropos of nothing, I emailed someone asking if they’d like me to do a blogpost about my comment adventures here on Manboobz. I think I frightened them.

Lyn
Lyn

MRAL – it’s a survey, you douche. Of course the respondents ‘self report’ on their own freaking experience. Anonymously, so there’s no real reason to lie. And do you think that a person should get off scott free because they only tried to rape someone and didn’t succeed because, say, someone walked in or the victim fought them off?

Lyn
Lyn

Note too that she provided A FREAKING LINK to the survey (y’know, an actual citation for her claims) – so you can look up the methodology yourself! Wow! What a wild idea!

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I think that someone getting pushy in the middle of a club or having to say “no” twice, five seconds apart, is not “attempted rape”.

Plymouth
Plymouth

MRAL – Ok, which has what to do with exactly anything?

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I think that, or something like that, is probably a solid chunk of these self-reported “attempted rapes”.