antifeminism evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men pussy cartel rape rapey reactionary bullshit sluts

Are false rape accusations the fault of feminism?

Holly Pervocracy's SlutWalk sign, which apparently causes false rape accusations.

If you thought the “meat market” guy from a couple of days ago – you know, the one prattling on about the “market makers of pussy” —  was risibly wrongheaded, here’s an even more insidious attempt to reduce the complexities of human sexuality to a question of “supply and demand.” Over on The False Rape Society blog, Pierce Harlan has a new post with the title:

False rape claims: increasingly a tool to skew the current economies of sex, where sex is cheaper than most women prefer

As you might imagine, the post itself is based on some fairly twisty blame-the-victim logic – with some feminist-bashing thrown in for good measure. Let’s wade through the muck here.

According to Harlan, the “cultural tenets governing sexual encounters” have gone all loosey-goosey in recent years, due to birth control, a general loosening of sexual mores and “the feminist-inspired norms that pressure young women to ‘party like the guys.’”

I assume you have all read Mary Wollstonecraft’s classic A Vindication of the Rights of Women to Get Totally Wasted and Fuck Some Dudes.

But, alas, feminists totally don’t understand the law of supply and demand –and that in the market of sex, they are the supply and not the demand  (because it’s not like women ever really want to have sex themselves).  As a result, the feminist-inspired young women of today are totally flooding the market with cut-rate pussy.

As Harlan explains:

The experts tell us that men have a much easier time obtaining sex than they did in days long gone. …  Women who’d prefer to put a higher price tag on their sexuality are finding themselves locked out of the market.

The results are all too predictable.  Women are having sex more often when they secretly are conflicted about it. We’ve frequently reported here about the proven gender “regret asymmetry” where young women have much higher levels of after-the-fact regret than men following sexual hook-ups.  Regret too often is transmogrified into feelings of being used, and feeling used too often metamorphoses into a false rape claim.

Does Harlan have any evidence to back up this hypothesis? Yes. And it comes straight from his ass.

Having studied the false rape phenomenon closely for a number of years, it is my conclusion that young women are increasingly resorting to false rape claims as an inappropriate method of skewing the current economies of sex, which favors men and which makes sex cheaper than most women consciously or subconsciously prefer.

In other words: he has spent the last several years searching out news stories on false rape accusations to post on his blog. Because there are almost 7 billion people on planet earth, he has been able to find a fair number of such stories. So he’s concluded that there is some sort of “false rape epidemic” going on. In other words, his conclusion seems to be based almost entirely on what’s known as the “availability heuristic,” which, as Wikipedia puts it, “is a phenomenon (which can result in a cognitive bias) in which people predict the frequency of an event, or a proportion within a population, based on how easily an example can be brought to mind.”

Were I to start a blog entitled “The Dudes Peeing on Things You Shouldn’t Pee On Society,” guess what? I too could cite many examples, drawn from the newspapers of the world.  Were I to do this for several years, my brain would be stuffed full of stories of men urinating on just about anything that can be urinated on, from prayer rugs to cough drops.  This, through the power of the “availability heuristic,” might convince me that we faced an epidemic of inappropriately urinating men, and that this epidemic was getting worse by the hour. (I mean, before I started specifically looking for such stories I almost never heard about this terrible social ill.)

But back to Harlan and his argument, such as it is:

Women are pressured by feminist-inspired norms to make themselves more available to men than ever, but they have also learned that crying rape after-the-fact is a culturally accepted, indeed, feminist approved, antidote to sex they feel was too cheaply obtained.  Instead of saying “no” up front, they are retroactively saying “no” — with false rape claims — after-the-fact. And society has given this backward state of affairs its imprimatur.

One solution? Women need to stop having so much sex — for the sake of teh menz. Or as Harlan, still working the creaky economic metaphor, puts it:

One cure is to enhance the value of female sexuality by decreasing the supply and thereby reduce both regret and false rape claims.

But, darn it, this won’t work, because women are out there marching in the street for the right to, you know, have sex when they want to with consenting partners without being shamed for it.

That, of course, can never happen in a society where “slut walks” are celebrated as liberating events, where colleges excuse women from underage drinking charges so long as they report they were raped, and where false rape claims are routinely excused and implicitly encouraged. In short, it can never happen in a society that encourages young women to be promiscuous and to then tell rape lies when that promiscuity results in an unfavorable sexual experience.

Harlan ends his piece with a call to lock up false accusers for a long time.

Certainly malicious false accusers should be charged. Women who identify the wrong guy in a lineup? No.

And it would be nice if Harlan extended the sympathy he shows for falsely accused men to real victims of real rape, a much larger group of people than the falsely accused. But instead he writes pieces like this one, and links in his sidebar to a host of misogynist blogs that, among other things, routinely joke about female victims of rape and murder, that urge men on juries in rape trials to vote to acquit the accused even when he’s clearly guilty, that claim that age of consent laws are inherently man-hating, and that think it would be great if sex robots and artificial wombs rendered women obsolete.

Those actually interested in helping those falsely accused – rather than supporting Harlan’s retrograde agenda — would do better to support The Innocence Project, and to stop reading Harlan’s drivel.

NWOslave

unintentionalfeminist | June 16, 2011 at 9:51 pm NWO, Men are not lazy shits any more than women are. Some are amazing fathers, others not so much. Likewise some women are amazing mothers and others aren’t. Men and women are both lazy shits sometimes, but the men are more likely to get away with it.

Man = Bad, Woman = Good.

Somehow I knew women would be “better.”
Fuckin men, lock em up. Lazy shits.

@aMiRA:

The sentencing is a maximum of 15 years, anywhere from 0 to 15. Judges decide on a case by case basis exactly how to judge within that range, and I believe somone else (sorry I forget) stated that false rape allegations should be at the maximum (15 years). It depends on the case, but saying the sentence is up to 15 years doesn’t mean every case is judged the same way.

Spearhafoc

You’re dumb.

unintentionalfeminist
unintentionalfeminist

According to the Sexual Assault Training Institute director for the Attorney General’s Sexual Assault Task Force, false reports are 1.6% of reports of rape. That’s less than false reports of car theft, at 2.6%

Spearhafoc

I meant NWOslave. He’s dumb.

NWOslave

Duh, Alex. All men are worthless shit. If only we could strive to the perfection that is all women.

kirbywarp

“unintentionalfeminist | June 16, 2011 at 9:51 pm NWO, Men are not lazy shits any more than women are. Some are amazing fathers [good], others not so much [bad]. Likewise some women are amazing mothers [good] and others aren’t [bad]. Men and women are both lazy shits [bad] sometimes, but the men are more likely to get away with it.

Man = Bad, Woman = Good.”

Wow… How is it that all I have to do is quote your own post to disprove you? I added in the [good] and [bad] in case your comprehension skills are exactly that poor.

aMiRA
aMiRA

Nobinayamu | June 16, 2011 at 10:07 pm
@aMiRA, I’m still willing to play.

That’s a good girl.

I believe that reasonable doubt works in both directions. There is nothing hypocritical about that.

You mean you believe that reasonable doubt works in both directions for the female accuser. It is up to the rape accusation survivor to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she never, not for a second, not for a *single* second, in voice or in her mind consented to sex. Or he’s a horrible date rapist. But if she’s on trial for a false accusation, then it’s up to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did 100% with willful malice plan and execute the false accusation?

Nope. Nothing hypocritical at all. Seems totally consistent for a feminist to me.

@NWO, by the way

Nobinayamu

Wow. A poster writes in clear and plain language that men and women are both perfectly capable of being lazy shits when it comes to parenting and you still, still default to your lying, reductive binary.

NWOslave

Shakesville, the home of feminism 101. Thats my new trustworthy source for all my men are shit stats and info.

Alex

Mr. Slave,

Nah, my mom’s pretty worthless too, but at least she tried.

NWOslave

Whoa there Nobinayamu. Men and women are both lazy shits sometimes, but the men are more likely to get away with it.

Please read the end of the sentence. “but the men are more likely to get away with it.”

See, Man = Bad. He has privilege of getting away with his shit lazy self. Woman, why she’s fucking amazing.

NWOslave

Of course “she” tried. Duh, Woman = Good.

Lyn
Lyn

Ah, NWO – that’s not a comment on the person being lazy, it’s a comment on the societal response to it. And society, last I checked, is comprised of both men and women.

aMiRA
aMiRA

Nobinayamu | June 16, 2011 at 10:13 pm
“The same way we treat every other crime with unreliable (and often unstable) witnesses, witnesses that are also accomplices and witnesses that seek to gain from the accused’s conviction.”

Which is how, exactly? Elaborate? Naturally, I do not consider rape victims accomplices but I’ve already addressed that. So how do we treat crimes with unreliable witnesses?

What is the procedure? And what do you think it should be?

If there is insufficient evidence to proceed to trial, or insufficient evidence to get a conviction, then the accused is not convicted.

In cases where the rape “victim” is an accomplice, she should also be tried as one. If the jury decides that a rape did occur, she should also be sentenced to prison.

Of course this is moot because feminism, as you just stated, does not believe in any thing but the mythical beauty, virginity and absolute purity of female “victims”. And they have created a “justice” system to match.

Spearhafoc

Whoa there Nobinayamu.

I just…never mind.

NWO:

How does a man being more likely to get away with something make him bad? He isn’t determining his own punishment, society (specifically the court) is. If anything, the culture is bad, not the man.

Lyn
Lyn

Oh, and aMiRA – ‘That’s a good girl.’

Creepy. Seriously creepy.

(Feel free to begin rant about shaming language…)

No, aMiRA.

I expect the legal system, made up of police officers, forensic evidence, and the prosecutor/D.A. examine the evidence of rape and the testimony of accuser. I then expect them to take that evidence present it to a grand jury and, if the evidence warrants, procure an indictment. I expect a trial date to be set and I expect all of the evidence to be presented to a judge or jury as determined by accused who should have full rights to legal counsel.

I expect there to be a trial where that evidence is reviewed and the judge and/or jury do their level best to honestly examine said evidence and make a determination on whether the accused should be convicted.

If it is then determined that the evidence does not support a conviction, I expect the justice system to dismiss the case or find the defendant “not guilty”.

kirbywarp

Actually, this is worth expanding on, since NWO obviously doesn’t get it. A person is part of a privileged group, is the person BAD for being in that group?

No. Don’t be silly. No really. Don’t. White people aren’t bad because they are in a privileged group, nor are men. A person may be bad for many reasons, but not one of them is for being born into a certain race or gender.

NWOslave

So even “society” excuses mens lazy shit self. Damn do the privileges never end? No wonder the feminist creedo says I need to acknowlege my privilege before I can begin to understand womens eternal oppression by men.

NWOslave

And to prove the idiocy of feminism kirbywarp actually posted seconds before me on my privilege. Wow. This is all really good stuff.

Nobinayamu

No, NWO. That’s not what she said at all. The belief that some men are not judged as harshly for being bad parents does not mitigate the fact that there are some terrible mothers as well. The statement is not reduced to your bullshit binary because of one throw-away line at the end of the post.

You’re just stupid. You’re not stupid because you’re a man because the world is full of stupid women as well.

But you are stupid, just the same.

unintentionalfeminist
unintentionalfeminist

@kirbywarp

By “getting away with it” in the original post I was referencing general attitudes towards working fathers, but not court decisions. But that’s kind of a nit-pick considering the lack of comprehension on his part.

@unintentionalfeminest:

Fair enough. My mistake.

Alex

@Mr. Slave,

Well, what would you call it? My mom tried to raise my brother and I and failed miserably, whereas my dad did drugs and was mostly not even there except to hit his parents up for money, even after they ended up raising us. Ergo, both my parents are worthless, but at least Mom tried. My grandparents, however, are awesome.

Lyn
Lyn

NWO – Kirbywarp had some content in his post. ABOUT privilege not meaning that a person is bad. Seriously, do you just note the keywords in each post before going on rants about them? Rarely with even a nod at the actual content?

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

“I know that you are functionally literate so I can only presume at this point that you really are dumber than a bag of hammers.”

Hammers are pretty intelligent – maybe a bag of rocks?

NWOslave

Keep pouring the hatred on, this is gonna work out so well in the end.
Hmmm, I wonder what the end result will be?

Lyn
Lyn

Insulting to rocks. Rocks contain, like, the history of the earth. You can see natural disasters and weather changes etc. in rocks. Maybe…no, I can’t think of anything dumb enough. 😀

aMiRA
aMiRA

NWOslave | June 16, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Trying to convince these worshipers that their Golden Calf is a spray painted rotting cow is a Sisyphean task. To them, women will always be the eternal virginal, angelic victims, and men will always be savage, semi-intelligent beasts that never invented any of the modern conveniences they now enjoy nor slaved away to tame the world that they now romp so safely in with their perfectly manicured fingers and flowing gold spun hair. If women had to lift humanity out of the caves and into civilized history, the dominant species on Earth would be the cockroach.

Nobinayamu

I don’t know, Hippodameia… I can understand why someone might have a bag of rocks.

NWO:

Not a bit that you don’t deserve, buddy. You’ve demonstrated time and time again that you don’t actually care what’s true, as long as it fits with your pre-conceptions. You don’t care about evidence (by dismissing sources from feminists while providing sources from your ass or from holocaust denial websites), you don’t care about what posters say (by either ignoring criticism or ignoring content in favor of buzz words), you don’t care about what you say (bad math that has already been demonstrated to you to be false)… Honestly, I’ve asked this about three times now and I’ll ask it again. For what reason are you here?

Where’s Holly when you need her?

unintentionalfeminist
unintentionalfeminist

When feminists say “examine your privilege” they do not mean “you are a terrible person”. They mean that you should take a look at the way are culture treats men and women differently, because a lot of them hurt women more than they hurt men. And taking a look at that might help you empathize with people whose life experiences are different than yours.

Kave
Kave

NWOsub

Why is it that as a man I in no way feel like a worthless piece of shit? Why is it I know I’m valued by the women in my life?

Could it be because I’m not a worthless piece of shit, and could it be that you feel that way because that is precisely what you as an individual are?
I’m sure it’s got to be a horrible feeling, contributing nothing to society except for negativity. You however have no one to blame for yourself for the sorry state that is your life.

All I ask is you stop thinking that you and I have anything in common. I’m a functioning member of society while you are a pathetic excuse for a man who feels nothing but sorry for themselves because you do not fit into society.

How long has it been since you’ve has anything but the most trivial conversations (like buying a coke from a clerk) with anyone outside of your computer screen?

Your ranting tells your story loud and clear. Stuck behind a screen brimming with anger because you just just don’t belong in society. In the real world I’ve meet your type.

I’m a big fan of Henry Rollins spoken word. Perhaps his lyrics to the song “I know you” might strike a cord with you. Google the lyrics NWO… they are what you project.

(I’m not THAT old and conservative)

aMiRA
aMiRA

Nobinayamu | June 16, 2011 at 10:26 pm
No, aMiRA.

And then if there is evidence that suggests that the accuser/victim willfully and malicious filed a false report and provided false testimony, I expect the entire process to begin again.’

I expect you to lobby for this and to hold the justice system to the same account for men accused of rape. I won’t be holding my breath.

NWOslave

Hippodameia, I believe the saying is “box of hammers.” Ask the local grammar nazi, (spearhafoc).

Society privileges me, who’da thunk it.
Grew up in poverty, lived in my car in the dead of winter with a roommate, probably went a good 200 days without food. The list is really endless. I given far more to help others than any of you can imagine, (particularly since there were times I had so little). And I owe it all to my privileged white, male skin. Damn I’m lucky. HAHAHA. I really love you guys.

Good night.

unintentionalfeminist
unintentionalfeminist

Wow, ok, that should be “our” not “are” *facepalm*

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I shall not insult the noble rocks! They are useful and interesting.

My cat used to urp up hairballs all the time – would that work?

kirbywarp

Aaand we end tonight with NWO refusing to understand what privilage is. What a flounce, ladies and gentlemen, a real top-rate performance.

unintentionalfeminist
unintentionalfeminist

I, personally, am a fan of “box of rocks” or “box-o-rocks” if you’re feeling folksy.

aMiRA
aMiRA

unintentionalfeminist | June 16, 2011 at 10:38 pm

It is pretty matronizing and condescending of you to believe that men have never looked at the way our culture treats men and women. As if men would just stand around whistling as they grow up watching their fathers, brothers and friends get thrown in jail because their wife ran off with the hard work of their genetic labor, or because upon waking, the woman they bedded the night before noticed that their nose was slightly bent and cried rape, or because they dared to defend themselves against a deranged spouse. Yes, men have never examined the way society treats men and women until the feminist prophetess approaches him with enlightenment. Yes. Men are idiots. Sure.

Nobinayamu

NWO, a thread on site like this is, for all intents and purposes, a room where people are having a conversation. I realize that you probably don’t do a whole lot of socializing in the analog world (not a slam, actually, it’s just apparent) but bear with me.

Your idiocy aside, in this “room” you are incredibly rude. You are literally ignoring what the other people in this “room” are saying. People have literally said “I think false rape accusations should be punished legally” and you’re telling them that they support false rape accusations.

How do you expect to be treated? Because I can say that you’re being treated like an asshole because you’re acting like an asshole.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

“What a flounce, ladies and gentlemen, a real top-rate performance.”

But will he stick the dismount?

Lyn
Lyn

I like ‘dumb as a hairball’. Totally works. 😀

Pecunium

Nobinayamu: Let me explain what passes for “reason” to NWO on this subject:

He think those who make an accusation which doesn’t result in a conviction are guilty of “false accusation”.

We don’t believe this is always the case. We even point out the many hurdles to getting a rape conviction. This is as nothing to him.

When a DA decides to not prosecute, that too is a false accusation, to him.

If the cops do things to prejudice the idenitfication of a suspect, that’s a false accusation, according to him.

Women who are guilty of a false accusation (as defined above) need to be punished at least as harshly as the man would have been; had he gotten the maximum possible sentence.

Since we disagree… QED, saith the liar, we are against any punishment at all for women who actually commit knowingly false accusations.

Nobinayamu

Well, aMiRA you’re in luck. Because currently, that’s exactly how the system works.

Resolved!

@Lyn:

It should be “dumb as an urped up hairball” because “urp” is such an amazingly awesome word. 😀