antifeminism evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men sex

Fear and loathing on a date

Let me tell you more about the Pussy Pass ...

The Men’s Rights subreddit on Reddit is awash in mini-manifestos. My favorite of the most recent batch, a rousing 3-part rant running under the title “Do not fear them!”

Who is “them,” you ask?

Women who might just decide that they don’t really want to have sex with some dude who keeps going on about how men are the most oppressed group in the world.

Responding, apparently, to a comment in an earlier thread suggesting “that being publicly vocal about the way men’s rights are trampled on and ignored is a great way to lose the opportunity of getting laid,” manifesto writer Kuppers argues that it just ain’t so —  but when it is, just bite your tongue for as long as it takes to get into her pants.

He starts off with a strange variant on the notion that there are plenty of fish in the sea. If you feel that women won’t want to have sex with your Men’s-Rights-espousing self, Kuppers suggests,  it’s

because your brain was conditioned in a small communal/tribal setting. A group of angry women was a serious threat to your prospects of reproduction. As you know, women often act like herd animals, and view acceptance and appreciation from their peers of their choice of man to be important. This is completely moot today. There are millions of fish in the sea.

Aside from that final truism I have no fucking idea what he’s talking about.  I don’t recall growing up in anything that might possibly be considered – literally or figuratively – a “tribal setting” ruled over by a group – sorry, a herd – of “angry women” hell-bent on keeping me from reproducing.  Is this a common experience? Also, I have precisely zero interest in “reproduction.”  Indeed, I sort of make it a policy to only have sex with women who are at least as interested in preventing reproduction as I am.

On to point two in this curious document, which is that ladies love dudes with strong opinions:

Women, while they do not always explicitly say so and sometimes contradict so, sincerely do appreciate a man who has strong internal beliefs and principles, and does not compromise that for the sake of assuaging someone else’s sensitivities, including theirs. A man who is willing to pretend he is something he is not, isn’t attractive on a deep masculine level to women.

True, up to a point, but you might want to keep all that shit about women being angry reproduction-threatening herd animals to yourself. That might not go over so well on your first Starbucks coffee date. Or ever. Protip: Misogyny aside, very few people want to get with people who refer to sex as “reproduction.”

But if your desire for sex outweighs your manly desire to be truthful about your obnoxious beliefs, well, that’s all good too – if by “all good” you mean “you can still have angry sex with women you despise if you just keep your pie hole shut for a few hours.” Or, as Kuppers puts it in his third and final point, which he apparently doesn’t realize completely contradicts point number two:

The kind of woman who a) wants you to be subordinate to her crazy foaming feminist nonsense, and b) has no tolerance or patience for your concerns, is not worth anything more than a cheap, well-protected fuck anyway. Fine, keep your mouth shut for the couple of hours it takes to get her into bed, but you’d be mad to pursue anything more serious with a woman like that.

Men’s Rightsers – such romantics at heart!

Ami Angelwings

Okay, while ppl are humouring him, I’m going to ask ppl to go up and read my question if you haven’t 🙂 For one, I’m actually taking the answers honestly rather than dishonestly xDDD

Secondly, you will get cat points for answering it! 😀

SallyStrange
SallyStrange

REALITY CHECK TIME!!

Women were always oppressed and men were always oppressors of women.

Fathers didn’t love their daughters ever they just wanted to control their sexuality.

If a man truly believed the patriarchal lies about women’s sexuality, then he would see it as an act of love to control his daughter’s sexuality.

Hubands didn’t love their wives or cared for their safety, they just wanted to rape and beat and oppress them.

There was no such thing as “raping your wife” until the late 20th century. Up until then it was a man’s right to do whatever he wanted to his wife’s body, including beating. If she was showing signs of unhappiness, it was because she was a hysterical and irrational woman, and a man SHOULD “chastise” her to correct her behavior, just as you would spank a small child. As before, it could have been seen as an act of love.

Sons didn’t love their mothers they on wanted them as servants.

Is it really impossible to both love your mother AND expect her to be your servant?

Brothers didn’t love their sisters they only tolerated them as fuck toys until they moved out to find a wife to fuck and beat.

Here Oaf devolves into incoherence — where did this little thing about incest come from? In any case, it’s the same old, same old thing. Patriarchy is a system. People operate within it. Some men really did love their wives and mothers and sisters, but patriarchy restricted them in how they expressed that. Suppose they wanted to express their love by helping Sis start her own business? Uh uh. Not happening. Show your love for Sis by finding her a nice man to marry and be dependent on. That’s love. Business are for brothers and fathers, regardless of the desires of the individual men and women caught within the system.

This is how it has been thruout history. Men have never done one good thing ever. I sure never heard one damn good thing men have done on this site. Hey fathers day is coming up. Why not buy that oppressive bastard a copy of some Kay Horowitz men are shit drivel to show him what a worthless fuck men have always been.

Yeah, you NEED to continue pretending that this is what feminists thing. You NEED your imaginary feminists to justify your idiotic, misogynist bullshit. You NEED to keep telling lies about feminism, just like our violent little friend, Mral, or else the the whole edifice of your discombobulated belief system will be crashing around your ears. So I won’t be expecting any true statements about feminism from you.

Again, I ask you: WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHAT A WOMAN’S MOTIVATION IS FOR CHOOSING ONE OUTFIT OR ANOTHER?

Shaenon

Your next question makes no sense again, women dress to attract attention men don’t. I simply doesn’t do anything because men’s seuality is their words and actions. If i dressed in a thong as women do than perhaps a woman might have reason to object to my attire.

You didn’t answer my question. It’s not up to you to decide whether what you wear is acceptable. You describe it to me, and I decide. Now, how do you dress, and what is your motivation for wearing that clothing?

If you’re having trouble answering, I personally like a guy in a simple T-shirt and jeans, the tighter the better. If you say you wear T-shirts and jeans, it means you want to be raped and you’re a hypocrite if you complain about it.

If I had a girlfriend is a stretch of the imagination, sweet. (quite the pedestal you place women upon, as if a womans approval of me is how I am rated as a person).

Not really. I can’t imagine you getting a boyfriend either.

I’ve had more than several g-friends and I’ve actually turned down sex with a few. Again I kinda like that old fashion loyalty thingy. I’m such a backward human being, Stupid slave with his stupid morals.

Again, no answer to my question. What would you do if one of your many girlfriends liked to talk to men? How about if she flirted with other men? If she told you to dress differently because she didn’t like the attention you were getting from other women, what would you do?

I know, I know, men’s attractiveness is in their “words and actions.” Okay, what if your girlfriend told you to talk and act differently to make yourself less attractive? Would you do that?

Quackers
Quackers

MRAs make me want to be a WGTOW 😛 I know there are plenty of awesome, sane, non-misogynist men out there but I’ve become just a tiny bit paranoid of coming across an MRA/PUA while dating. Quite frankly, my guard is up even more now. Thanks MRA/PUA types…you bitch about how women are cold and rude…well it might be the result of your constant disrespect and hate for them. Seriously, go your own way. On an island. Or preferably a different planet. Weed yourselves out of society so we don’t have the distaste of coming across you in person.

I dont visit Reddit, does anyone ever call them out on their bullshit?

and in regards to Kuppers idiotic plan to hide his woman hate in order to get laid: it’s called body language and vibes. Most people can sense when someone is bitter and distasteful to be around. It’s hard to hide and chances are he’ll let some of his anger and sexism slip before he gets her into bed. I pity any woman who comes across this creep (oh noes! there I go with my shaming language! creepcreepcreepcreepcreep!)

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Ami, no man will go clothes shopping with a woman and stay in the dressing room to give her opinions unless he really likes her.

Ami Angelwings

I like how the women who answered differently to him he just ignores xD No wonder he doubts all studies and stats ppl give him, cuz THAT’S HOW HE OPERATES xD

Given that this is a place filled w/ feminists (fat, ugly, winged, horned, haloed, etc etc xD ) I’m amused that he can’t even believe a couple could be an exception to his unifying theory of everything xD Nope nope… WHAT I KNOW IS WHAT I KNOW CUZ IT’S EASIER THAN GOING OUTSIDE!

xD

G-friends (if it’s not alrdy) is a great name for a brand of vibrators and other smex toys btw 😀

Kave
Kave

I care about how I look and I own 50+ watches. My wife cares about how she looks and owns 50+ pairs of Fluevog shoes.

Neither one of cares about attracting sexual attention from the opposite sex. I love watches and she loves Fluevogs. It’s that simple.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Ami: You mean alll the women who answered him. *sigh*

O_O and yes… yes it is…

redlocker
redlocker

Wait, Men don’t dress for attention?

Gosh, I must be hallucinating all of those new clothes and shoes that I got recently. I need to see a therapist.

(I bet that NWO will ignore this post and continue to trumpet about what individual women say to use for his broad brushstroke of all women)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Hee hee, I’ll bet NWO keeps a big list: “Who have contradicted my genious theories and therefore I must ignore:” It will eventually contain every member of this forum, and he’ll start asking questions, get about 100 answers, and respond “Really? Nobody wants to answer? You feminists really know how to treat a slave, don’t you?”

Spearhafoc

I would. I have strong opinions about clothes, and I like having opportunities to be judgmental about them.

I went to my University’s graduation ceremony yesterday. I corrected a number of men about how they were wearing their jackets (quit fastening the bottom button, people!) and helped one guy tie his tie.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Spearhafoc, I stand corrected and willingly admit that I engaged in a shameful generalization.

That said, as an amateur and adhoc stylist myself, my hat’s off to you sir. Thank you for making the world a better place.

Pecunium

MRAL: You are saying (apart from what the stylist did to her hair) that this photo, and this photo are “gross”?

I mean dude… WTF? I can see saying you don’t find her attractive, but “gross”. Have you no aesthetic appreciation?

You stand by everything you said in the groping thread. So, since you’ve not responsded to my comment about hardships I assume you are telling me you have more understanding of hardship than I do. That no one here has had it worse than you. That the wrong sort of hello on an elevator is, in fact, at least as bad as someone committing a physical assault?

Because that’s the content of what you said. That and you reserve the right to pass judgement on everyone else’s personal history; but we have to take yours as gospel truth.

You aren’t it the NWO category, or the EWME one: where something really special is required to make me respond to your bleatings, but until you start to own your shit: i.e. defend your words (and by defend I mean support with arguments, not mere assertions), or admit to having spoken out your ass, there’s not much slack.

You insulted a lot of people. You keep casting yourself as a special snowflake, abused more than any other, an Omega; who is somehow wronged that Alphas and Betas don’t treat him like an Aplha.

So… own your shit. Accept your miserable place in life, or admit that the “Greek System” is a pathetic justification to cover your personal lack of social skills.

Look at what you say about women. Substitute some other minorities in the locutions you use. Ponder what Malcom X would say if you were spouting the sort of crap about women, about blacks.

Step outside. Robert Burns said, “o’ wad a gift the Giftie gie us, ta’ see oursels as others see us”.

Just try, for a little bit, to see what you say, as if you were a woman, and it was being said about you.

Because really, I’ve got better things to do than keep trying to show you how your attitude is fucking you up.

I could be baking bread, digging in the garden, on the phone with my girlfriend (or my fiancée), riding a motorcycle, cleaning a rifle, sharpening knives for someone, mucking out a stable or digging a latrine, all of which seem to be a lot more useful, and pleasant.

Everyone of those is rewarding.

Ami Angelwings

@redlocker Congratulations! Welcome to womanhood! 😀 Here is a complementary gift bag you get with membership complete with poison lipstick, a number to the police false rape reporting hotline, a small cheat sheet on how to take men for all their worth, and the sekrit feminist designed girdle we designed with special high tech fabrics (srsly, do ppl honestly think Mamie denied sex to Dwight to create NASA to go into space? xD )to keep in all the fat until marriage. 😀

As you are a converted member, 20,000$ will be deposited into your bank account for you to rectify your unfortunate inferior status.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

David, me too.

footnotegirl
footnotegirl

1) Have any of you women ever gotten free stuff from men? Drink, movie, meal, jewelry, anything?
I suppose I have. My husband gives me gifts or takes me out on occasion. Uhm, but I also give him gifts and take him out on occasion. Same has been true with the other relationships I have been in. When I was earning more than the man I was with, I tended to take the larger part of the bills for dinner, etc, when they made more, then it tended to go the other way. Usually, the first couple of dates were dutch, and then after that it was whoever had done the suggesting/planning (which, again, was 50/50 over the long haul). So was my husband a total user when I supported him through his two stints of joblessness? I’m sure you’d say I was a total user when he supported me through grad school…

2) Have any of you ever worn skimpy clothing, make up, perfume, ect? If so why? And don’t tell me to feel good aboout yourselves unless you do these things when you’re alone in equal proportions.
Yeahp, I have certainly got dressed to go out dancing. Actually, I pretty much ONLY wear perfume when I’m alone, and not for anyone’s benefit (not even a man’s) because I am not allowed to wear perfume at work and my husband has about the least sensitive nose on the planet. He can never tell I’m wearing perfume. I wear it FOR ME. As for dressing up, I tend to wear heels/dresses to work, even though it is not required and I work with *gasp* all women most of the time. And stop telling me that I am lying about what women really do when I am a woman and am telling you my own experiences.

3) If you’ve had/have a steady boyfriend/husband and he like to talk to other women and flirt would that be ok? If said boyfriend/husband said I don’t want you wearing revealing clothing/make up, ect because it attracts other mens attention, what would you tell him?
I have a lovely husband. I have no issue with him looking at other women (frequently, I point the really pretty ones out to him if he was looking the other way). We both consider playful flirting to be a lovely social lubricator when mingling, I have no problem with him talking or flirting with other women. Two of his very best friends are women. Yay, my husband relates well to women! I can only see this as a plus in my world.
If my husband told me that he thought that the way I was dressing was unbecoming in some way (too garish? too tight? unflattering?), I might ask him how he meant and consider making changes, but ‘you are attractive to other people’ would not be considered a reasonable critique for modifying my clothing, nope. However, my husband has never had anything but praise for how I dress, how I apply cosmetics, and how I comport myself.
Also, he too is a snappy dresser, and this too pleases me! He likes to dress up to go out.

And hooray for the lovely taste of others here. BPAL and Fluevog 4-EVAH.

Ami Angelwings

So far it’s pretty unanimous 😀 (along w/ my friends I’ve asked elsewhere) :3 Ty so much to everybody who answered (and you can still answer if you want! :D) I appreciate you humouring me amidst everything going on 🙂

Amnesia
Amnesia

Sure. Sometimes I even buy things for men I know. It’s called gifts.
Honestly, I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a relationship where my partner paid all the time, even if he was okay with it. Deeply ingrained psychological need to feel like I’m contributing equally to any relationship, you know?

Yeah, cause I felt like going swimming, and the department store was fresh out of non-skimpy swimsuits for women. They always are, you know.

My last boyfriend was actually trying to get me to wear clothes that were more revealing than I would like. I pretty much told him that I wasn’t taking fashion advice from a guy who couldn’t be bothered to expand his wardrobe beyond t-shirts and baggy pants.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

@NWO

Since it will always be a man asking a woman out (a woman flirts with a man to get his attention). The man will pay.

My wife asked me out on our first date. And she paid for it.

Feminism, FTW!

Bee
Bee

I’m late to the game, but Ooooh, questions! Can I play?

1) Have any of you women ever gotten free stuff from men?

Yes, my dad give me stuff and buys me dinners when he comes to town, my uncle sends me a couple dollars on my birthday (I wish he wouldn’t), and my grandpa (when he was living) always gave me gifts and candy. But I think what you’re getting at is whether any guys who wanted to sleep with me have given me things, and to that, also yes. I’ve gotten a thing or two from guys who wanted to impress me. And I’ve thanked them for those things. And I’ve bought stuff for guys too. I actually bought my current boyfriend a car, because he needed it and I could afford it.

2) Have any of you ever worn skimpy clothing, make up, perfume, ect? If so why?

I wear makeup when I need to so I can look “professional.” I don’t wear perfume anymore because I’m sensitive to it and a lot of other people are too. I’ve worn lingerie for various boyfriends over the years, in the privacy of our own homes. I wear bathing suits sometimes when I’m at the beach. If I wear a shirt that’s a little more low cut, or a dress or a skirt, it’s usually for one of a few reasons, such as: Because it’s flattering on me, because I’m dressing up for an occasion and the outfit is appropriate, because I am trying to look nice for my boyfriend. Sometimes I wear shorts and a T-shirt because it’s stinking hot out and it’s painful to bundle up.

I actually had this problem with my boyfriend at the beginning of our relationship. He’s very good friends with one of his ex-girlfriends, and I didn’t quite trust that it was over. (Now I do.) I just had to bite my tongue for the most part, or risk being a shrieking haridan or a nag. I basically made a pact with myself a long time ago to leave any relationship that isn’t working for me, but not make things worse by jumping to conclusions when I don’t know what’s going on.

Fuck you, crazyman. Or: What did you do with my boyfriend!?

Seriously, he wishes I would dress up more often. I think he was originally attracted to my prissy librarian style; now he wants to witness the hair coming down and the glasses coming off a little more often.

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

Oaf isn’t really interested in why women do anything they do. He all has the answers he wants, he just has to tailor what he observes to fit those answers. Him and that other empty little creature all ready know what they feel to be everything they need to know about women, when in reality all they know is what they and others have made up to allow themselves to feel superior to women. They claim to be hated for being male when it’s obvious to anyone but themselves and their ilk that if they are hated, they’re hated for being vile, twisted and deficient in every aspect that makes a human being fully human.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Also, whether a woman dresses in a sexy manner to get men’s attention or not is irrelevant.

Why?

Because a woman dressing sexily does not ever, in any way, justify her being harassed, groped or raped.

Being a self declared slut does not in any way mean that said slut is required to endure abuse, harassment, groping, or rape.

How can I say this more plainly? Women are human beings, and as such they get to choose with whom they associate, who gets to touch them, and who gets to have sex with them.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Sexily dressed women may give you a boner. Good for you. That in no way entitles you or anyone else to treat these women in a way that is disrespectful or hurtful.

Seriously, how fucking stupid are you, NWO?

chocominties
chocominties

Men don’t dress for attention??? I must hae hallucinated all those J-guys staring at hand mirrors and reflective surfaces, fixing their hair while wearing expensive brand-name clothes. C’mon, they aren’t floofing their hair and dressing in Armani for shits and giggles. They’re either hosts or just engaging in good, old fashioned nanpa. Either way, trying to get female attention.

I don’t wear perfume or skimpy clothing. I almost always wear makeup, even if I’m not really going anywhere. I just prefer the flawless face. If I’m especially tired, sometimes I don’t, even if I’m just popping to the store. Just depends. My face isn’t tons different with or without. But here in zee tropeeks the spf 25 in my foundation, as well as the powder (keeps face from getting oily) are quite nice. (Btw, I use bare minerals and it doesn’t really melt, if someone needs unmelty makeup.)

Finally … who wants to bet mral will be back with another name/identity tomorrw?

redlocker
redlocker

Ties are my nemesis.

Ami proves her awesomeness once again. 🙂

Johnny Pez

Ami, again I speak from personal experience. I’ve had women ask me to go shopping with them, and the request has always come from a woman I was already good friends with. From this I deduce that “Would you like to go shopping with me?” is not a question one asks of a casual acquaintance, though YMMV. And given that the request has always come from a good friend, the Code of the Woosters applies: never let a pal down. So I’ve always agreed.

Ami Angelwings

@Johnny but I alrdy said that nobody asked nebody and it’s not a good friends situation 😮

Ami Angelwings

I didn’t mean in all situations, just in that context 🙂

Ami Angelwings

@Johnny thank you for your input tho 😀

Bee
Bee

Ami: I’ve been wondering about your question since yesterday. As not-a-straight-guy, I can’t approach it from that point of view, and as a straight woman, I am actually baffled by your question. I honestly can’t think of any reason other than “He really, really wants to spend time with you, under any circumstances” for him going, given what you said (he was tired, you didn’t ask him to come, you’re not really good friends with him). I can think of some really strange unknowable singular circumstances like: He was sad or just went through something really difficult and didn’t want to be alone, or he was overtired and giddy and didn’t want to go to sleep. Also, you seem like a fun person, so maybe he just wanted to hang out with you, have fun, and get to know you a little better.

That said, I’m guessing you would have picked up on something extra from him personally that we can’t know. If you’re leaning toward “He likes me!”, I think that’s a pretty likely guess.

Do you like him?

Ami Angelwings

@Bee maaaaaybeeee >______>

*blush* xD

also ty for your thoughts 🙂 *hug*

darksidecat
darksidecat

Let’s see how the questions work with a genderqueer bisexual:

1) Sure. I also get free stuff from women. I get free stuff from random strangers. I am rather cheap and I always get enjoyment out of free things. I haven’t bought a pen in years. Some of the best free things I got: a copy of an out of print book about AIDs (that might sound morbid, but AIDS: Cultural Awareness, Cultural Activism is an absolutely brilliant book with some of the most awesome queer pieces ever written), canvas shopping bags, a good portion of my tie dyed t-shirts, a duffel bag, a coffee cup, a pair of skillets, a vase…I have lots of stuff I got for free. Shoot, I am a university student, one year in undergrad I co-ordinated my schedule around student activities during their recruitment time and didn’t pay for my own supper for two weeks straight.

But, it is worth noting that if there is an expectation of performance, it really is not a free gift, it is a bribe. The fact is that you do not think these things are gifts, you think they are bribes or payments, things which are certainly not gifts.

2) Define “skimpy clothing”. I wear cologne, which is perfume, but with a butcher name. 😉 Oh, and I sometimes paint my nails, generally black, but I have other colors. Still, I wear what I like, and grant others the same respect. I do not think anything a man or woman wears makes them less deserving of respect. People’s bodies are their bodies, not objects. I can appreciate a person’s looks without being possessive or intrusive. Wanting to have sex with someone and treating them like an equal human being are not mutually exclusive. Also, I am aware that the world and everyone in it does not revolve around me.

3) I am not really bothered by flirting (honestly, I have a damned hard time even noticing it is happening). I am polyamorus and not a jealous partner. As to the clothes-I would not let them police mine and I would not police theirs.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Query 1: Yes, and I resented it. I hate getting gifts unless proper gift giving occasions. I do however like to get a lot of gifts on those occasions. Yes person reading that means I want a lot of gifts for my birthday.

Query 2: Depends on the reason for dressing up-usually because one is supposed to dress nice.

Query 3: People should not control their partners period.

Tabby Lavalamp
Tabby Lavalamp

I once had a conversation with a guy who was asking why women “can’t look past the outside” and see how wonderful he is inside.
I asked him why he couldn’t do the same thing with women, and he replied, “Because I need to get turned on.”

I know MRAL has graciously said he’s “rethinking” his stance on “fat chicks”, but I can’t take anyone seriously who moans and whines about his own perceived lack of qualities then tosses out there how he “hates fat chicks”.

It’s at that point I have to wonder how seriously they’ve ever approached a women who’s not “hot” but could be a perfect intellectual and emotional match.

Plymouth
Plymouth

NWOSlave: Well Plymouth if you’re a slut and someone treats you like a slut don’t get in a huff about it. You’re a slut.

What does it mean to “treat me like a slut”? Like, have sex with me? I guess my fiance does that all the time. Uh, yeah, not in a huff about that. Rather enjoy it.

Whoa, only attractive people are good enough for you aye? You’ll mock MRAL if he dares calls a woman a fatty, yet only attractive are good enough for the lovely Plymouth and her 9X used goods. This would be the hypocrisy, (spelled correctly) to which I was alluding.

I only have sex with people who are attractive TO ME! Otherwise what’s the point? Some of those people are *gasp* people MRAL would call “fatties”. I call them “hotties”. Somehow I think my approach is nicer. And, uh, not at all hypocritical. Because the people who are not attractive to me are just that… not attractive to me. They’re attractive to someone else instead – world takes all types.

What, you think that because I found more than 9 attractive men who wanted to sleep with me I should lower my standards and take all comers? That doesn’t make ANY SENSE! I found 9 hotties to sleep with, which is apparently already 8 too many to be a “nice girl” anymore so I should LOWER my standards why exactly? If I had lower standards I would be sleeping with even MORE MEN. And enjoying it less 😛

BTW I’m engaged now, to a hottie, who knows exactly how “used” my “goods” are and doesn’t care. His “goods” are about as “used” as mine are and I don’t care.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Judging by some of these responses, it appears that the women who comment on this blog are…real, complex human beings, not stereotypes. Who knew?

(Answer: everyone except NWO and his ilk.)

Johnny Pez

Well, hey, I didn’t know. I assumed they were sockpuppets of the Deros.

Shaenon

That was one of the reasons I broke up with the millionaire guy, on top of it just not being a great relationship. Being unable to keep up financially made me really uncomfortable. I’m sure lots of people would have no problem with it, but it wasn’t for me.

Reading back over NWO’s posts, he apparently lives in a place where it’s common for women to walk around wearing nothing but a Speedo…and he’s really angry about this. I demand that he tell us where this place is, so more sensible straight men and lesbians can move there.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I thought we women were all made at some factory somewhere.

No wait, that is just a certain type of Republican male.

Plymouth
Plymouth

NWOSlave: I sure never heard one damn good thing men have done on this site.

Then fucking pay more attention. Dozens of us have talked about our awesome boyfriends, husbands, brothers, fathers and friends who are all men who do many awesome things.

Or do you mean men AS A WHOLE MONOLITHIC GROUP? Because, no, you’re never going to hear “men as a monolothic group all did this awesome thing together” because they DIDN’T because men ARE NOT A MONOLITHIC GROUP. The same way WOMEN ARE NOT A MONOLITHIC GROUP. There will also be no talk of “women as a monolithic group all did this awesome thing together”.

But individual men? Or even groups of men? Did awesome things. I hear there was a group of men we refer to as the “founding fathers” who started this here awesome country I live in. That was an awesome thing. Those dudes had flaws and the country they created wasn’t perfect and a whole lot of other people worked on it over time and made it better. But they still get credit for doing a totally awesome thing.

Not nearly the only example, just the first one that came to mind.

Pecunium

If I invite someone to something, I assume I am paying. If I am invited, then I assume I am being paid for. If that is not the case, I make/expect it to be made, plain.

Ami: if it were me, then either it’s a good friend of long standing, or I like them (for the good friend of long standing, there has to have been some sexual tension).

I am something of a clothes horse. I can (and usually do) schlumpf about. I also own suits, and tails and two different dress uniforms (and the required acoutrements to wear them in six different formats).

I need a frock coat, so I can add an ascot. I don’t have morning dress, per se, but I own a linen jacket.

If I decide to dress, I am at least the equal, in snappy to anyone else at the party.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

I thought we women were all made at some factory somewhere.

Don’t worry. In the MRA-designed utopia of the future, you will be. Oh yes, you will be.

I very greatly desire to see my husband in a velvet dressing gown. Why did those have to go out of style?

Plymouth
Plymouth

The style I really want to see come back are glam-rock platform high heeled boots for men. Men are sooooo sexy in heels. I was born too late and I missed it 🙁

Plymouth
Plymouth

BTW I did actually convince my fiance to put on a pair of my platform boots once and he looked hotttt in them!! (we have similar enough sized feet that he can wear some of my boots). He said they weren’t his style though so I never convinced him to actually leave the house in them:

(oh look, I think I kinda de-anonymized myself there. Yeah, now you can all search my flickr for pictures of me and stalk me!!)

Nice.

I approve so highly.

thefemalespectator
thefemalespectator

Plymouth. I want your boots. And I want David Bowie (or Trent Reznor, squee!) in them dressed as the Goblin King. It’s clear that we members of the vast feminist conspiracy know what we have to do. Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to bring glam rock back to its former glory, nay, to surpass that glory and make all MRAs bow down in fear and trembling before the almighty power of the mangina platform boots. As Kiss would say, “baby, let’s put the ‘X’ in sex, love is like a muscle and you make me want to flex.” Actually, that’s not a bad pick up line…

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

I know I’m a bit late to the party (X-Men First Class is an awesome movie, y’all!), but I could not pass this bit up:

I have never gotten a gift from a woman

Maybe that has more to do with the fact that you’re an ass to women than anything else. I expect that if I was bleeding contempt for men from every pore, that men would be less inclined to buy me presents.

And it’s really none of your business what I wear from day to day, or if men give me gifts. Women have given me gifts, too, and I have given many gifts in return. Some days I feel like dressing up, some days I don’t. Some days, my only motivation for wearing skimpy clothes is because it’s fucking hot out. And skimpy doesn’t even necessarily mean sexy – I can rock jeans and a blouse as easily as a minidress.

And you can’t do a damn thing about it.

AbsintheDexterous
AbsintheDexterous

*pant*pant* UGH! I made it to the end!

Wow, whatever convo went on with MRAL and sexual assault, I’m so glad I missed that. I wanted to be sympathetic to him, but then I remembered he hated fat chicks, so no. No sympathy whatsoever – if he doesn’t want to be “spit on”, then he needs to not “spit on” other people. He doesn’t seem to realize the hypocrisy in being rejected for his eye or giant flaming ball of bitterness and then turn around and talk about how all fat chicks are [insert dumb overused insult here].

As for dressing, I dress how I want to. Not that Slaver cares, because he’ll just say the same shit over and over again, pulling out an endless supply of turds. I really wonder what he would think of someone grocery shopping in heels – something I do on occasion because it’s awesome (and then I can reach the top shelves better!). Also wearing heels while wearing sweats, because life is performance art and the looks I get are funny. Then again, I’m pretty random.

tawaen
tawaen

Q1: Yep. And I’ve given guys things, with no expectation of reciprocation. I bought my boyfriend flowers at the farmer’s market last week because I was thinking about him. And actually, I broke up with a guy who kept getting me relatively expensive stuff. I never asked for it and it was really uncomfortable, because I kept telling him I wasn’t ready for a serious relationship. I guess that makes me a horrible person?

Dates are usually split, or currently a rotation between me, my boy, my best friend and sometimes her boy. It’s easier and we never go anyplace expensive, so it evens out. I’ve had guys insist on paying the first date and that usually makes it the last date, since I don’t date guys who ignore my explicit request in favor of tradition.

Q2: I dress up, but rarely “sexy.” Would spangled broom skirts (down to the ankle) and tie-dye tank tops really count? I love bright colors and shiny things because they make me happy.

And my perfume collection is huge because I love to smell things. Grave loam and roses? Check. Fresh cranberries? Check. Sliced cucumber? Check. Freshly oiled hardwood? Check. I wear something different each day, and rarely bother to match it to anything but my mood. Although the boyfriend is lucky that he likes spicy blends, since that’s about half of my collection.

Q3: I’ve never dated a guy who wanted to flirt with other women. (Or, actually, me. I’ve got a thing for shy guys.) But I actually think an open relationship would work well for me, so long as it’s mutually respectful.

And if a guy wants to tell me what to wear, then I get to return the favor. I’m pretty sure that would cure anyone who wanted to control me. 🙂 Because he’d be in a kilt, all the time. I’m a fan of easy access.