antifeminism bad boys beta males evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys rape rapey the spearhead thug-lovers violence against men/women

On The Spearhead, it’s always women’s fault

It wasn't me.

A sex offender in Washington state who has spent most of his life behind bars, convicted of an assortment of different crimes ranging from check kiting to child molestation, is close to his release date. Not surprisingly, given his long history of preying on young girls, prosecutors are pushing for him to be sent instead to a facility for sexual predators, as a recent story on SeattlePI.com notes.

A state psychologist has described Donald “Theo” Holmes as a remorseless psychopath and a pathological liar who has managed to rack up an impressive array of crimes, many involving underage girls, during his stints outside of prison.  As the psychologist observed:

“He uses women and children to feed his sexual desires, and he uses other members of society to supply him with money, clothes, and cars that make him look important and fuel the grandiosity which is an ingrained part of his personality. …

“He admits to multiple sexual conquests and is proud of the fact that he has 22 children and that he has had mothers and daughters … pregnant at the same time with his child.”

Holmes, for his part, simply describes himself as a “womanizer.” Apparently 12-year-old girls count as “women” in his world.

Over on The Spearhead, W.F. Price uses this case as an example of what is wrong with, you guessed it, women.

Fathering 22 children is not easy even without spending so much time incarcerated, so one can only assume that his criminality had absolutely no ill effect on his success with women. In fact, it may have enhanced his love life.

Here again, we see that being a good man has nothing to do with one’s success with women, and often is an impediment. One of the big lies of feminism is that women will shower affection on well-behaved men, and have no desire for the low-life thugs of society. Sadly, this is not the case.

Perhaps the most important message we can get out there to young men is that there is little connection between what turns women on and what is objectively good for society.

I don’t know any feminists who think that women only go for “good” guys; indeed, the feminists I know spend a lot of time discussing (and trying to help) women who are or were involved with not-so-good-guys. Evidently the imaginary feminists Price hangs out with, though, are reincarnations of Victorians who assume all women are perfect little angels.

Price is bad enough. Do we have to look at the comments too? Yes, yes we do. Let’s start with the very first one, from Opus, who asked:

but is he really so bad [?]… there is nothing to suggest that the minors were anything other than enthusiatic. Whatever views one may have as to the age of consent, the girls were not infants or children but adolescents.

Yep, in Opus’ mind, sex with 12- and 14-year-olds is no problem, so long as we assume (based on nothing) that they were “enthusiastic” about it. Last I checked, this comment had  16 upvotes and only 3 downvotes, so apparently he’s not the only one willing to blame underage girls for being raped. Sorry, having “enthusiastic” sex with a career criminal many decades older than them.

Meanwhile, Anonymous Reader (in another heavily upvoted comment) takes aim at:

the state of Washington. There’s no way this guy could have spawned 22 children if he had to support them on his own. How many are on AFDC, WIC or other welfare programs, paid for by ordinary, working Beta men? Yes, this is a result of liberalism but it also is a result of feminism.

AFDC and WIC are, of course, intended to make sure that the children of poor women don’t, you know, starve to death.  Now, I’m pretty sure Holmes wouldn’t have given a shit if his kids all starved. But apparently neither would Anonymous and his numerous upvoters. Why exactly should the children – some of whom may well be the result of the rape of underage girls — have to pay the price for Holmes’ despicable actions?

Yes, you can blame liberalism and feminism for the fact that these children are being fed. That’s not a bad thing. The actions of Holmes weren’t the actions of a liberal or a feminist; they were the actions of a seemingly psychopathic  sexual predator who assumed, like many traditionalist men, that women and girls are put on this earth for men to use as they see fit.

NOTE: I didn’t set out today to write yet another post about The Spearhead. But I read Price’s post and sort of had to say something. My next post will have nothing to do with The Spearhead. I promise.

EDITED TO ADD:  Picture credit: Zampieri, “God reprimanding Adam and Eve,” detail;  photo G. Piolle.

clairedammit
clairedammit

So, Anonymous Reader thinks Holmes should be forced to pay child support for 22 kids? Or what else is supposed to stop him from fathering more, exactly?

Linds
Linds

@clairedammit
But if the state makes him pay child support and/or puts him in jail for not supporting the children he fathered that too is one of the awful, awful trespasses feminism and liberalism have visited upon fine, upstanding men!

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

WTF? It’s a good comment. The point is that it should not fall to betas and omegas (MEN, of course) to pay for the of a psychopathic alpha (and yes, he is presumably an alpha, due to the amount of women he has slept with). But that’s how it is. Not even other alphas pay because alphas either ditch their responsibilities (and given alpha privilege, they are allowed), or use their unique position as alpha men to get women to pay for it, or are members of the upper class and skirt taxes. This is a difficult problem but- here’s Anonymous’ real point- no one is even talking about it. Why? It only affects men (betas and omegas no less), and our misandrist society doesn’t care about spit upon men, we’re second class to the alphassholes and wymynynynyn.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

Pecunium

clairedammit: I don’t see that anonymous said Holmes should be supporting the kids, only that “we” shouldn’t have to.

Pecunium

Objection, Assumes facts not in evidence. Nothing in this report says he wasn’t well behaved and charming.

Bee
Bee

(2) Certain men have been known to prefer awful women over the “good girls” too, y’know.

(3) Some men prefer violent “thug-boy” inmates. Those men are apparently called ATMs. (Scroll down.)

But apparently women are this awful, evil, alien species that as a group deserve scorn and ridicule. Okay.

Pecunium

Bee: They think all women are attracted to such men. It’s only their innate good natures which are keeping them from living a life of sex-filled bliss.

Shayna
Shayna

Fuck fuckety fuck fuck fuck doesn’t it make you sleep just that little bit worse at night knowing what goes on in these fuckwits’ heads? And these are just the literate ones with a keyboard. And it’s the same contradictory diatribe over and over. Women are greedy bitches who only marry alphas – then in the next breath – women are stupid bitches who always go for the bad boys. These subnormal fucks are so heinous they have to make excuses in their lobotomised brains as to why no normal human being will have anything to do with them. I think I need a valium. Sorry folks.

darksidecat
darksidecat

Well, this guy is a childmolesting rapist douche, but I do think that there are massive, massive civil rights violation issue with the idea of keeping one locked up past one’s sentence. Yes, I know the Supreme Court has ruled on this one, but I still disagree, dammit! If you are going to imprison people, you do it with trials with a standard of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt, not with “civil commitment”. This is essentially singling out only mentally ill defendents for extra sentences not given to them for their crimes. Civil commitment is bullshit, serious bullshit, in general. If you want to lock up a neurotypical person, you do it for crimes they have committed, proven beyond a resonable doubt, under a sentencing guideline. If you want to lock up a mentally ill person, all you need is a preponderance of the evidence that they are a potential danger to themselves or others (yep, you can have your freedom taken away based on thought crimes with no attempt or act-but only if you are mentally ill). This guy’s getting out of prison earlier than he should for his crimes does not support civil commitment, it supports alteration of the sentencing scheme regarding repeat offending for rape and child molesting.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I cannot believe that not one of these guys seems to care this guy molested children. *sighs*

Pecunium

darksidecat: I’m with you there, wholeheartedly.

Linds
Linds

@MRAL
Because women don’t pay taxes that feed into WiC and AFDC too? WTF. I work. I pay taxes. And you know what? I don’t give a fuck that some of that money goes to provide food aid.

Because I’m not an entitled asshole and, oddly enough, don’t want kids to starve.

Pecunium

Beth: They don’t think it’s molesting children. They see it as “seducing women”, or perhaps, “letting her wiles win him over”.

The proof they weren’t children? They got pregnant. Once a female is nubile, she stops being a child and becomes a scheming bitch, looking to use sex to trap a man by saddling him with a kid.

comet
comet

Who wants to play a game? We pick random annoyances/issues, and then figure out how it must be women/feminists’ fault. Because how COULDN’T it be?

Suggested topics:

Overfishing of cod in the North Sea
Bathtub hair cloggage
Vuvuzelas
Bush fires in Australia
Difficulty of replacing duvet cover

I’m sure y’all can think of better ones.

Comrade Svilova
Comrade Svilova

Yeah, Linds, I missed the fact that women don’t have to pay taxes into social welfare programs any more. I’d say “sweet!” except that’s one of the few things I’m completely happy about my taxes supporting.

MRAL, could you back up your assertion that only certain men support the social safety net with their tax money?

Avicenna

It’s the “But she wanted it” argument. Just because someone wants something doesn’t mean they should get what they want. Particularly if they are underaged and asking for things available to Adults. If she wanted a bottle of champagne, a speedball and a chainsaw would you buy it for her? No? Likewise! No sex!

If she is a minor, she is an idiot. In retrospect, I was a pretty stupid kid but when I was a kid I thought I was smart and well balanced and made great decisions when I was like Charlie Sheen sans cocaine. It’s with age that wisdom and indeed responsibility were acquired. It’s abuse and that’s what this man should be punished for.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

There’s also no evidence that I can see that the mothers of this man’s children *are* on public assistance. It seems like everyone just assumes these women are.

Pro tip, kids: This is what Planned Parenthood is for! Just imagine if those women had access to consistent, reliable, safe and inexpensive birth control. Birth control that Holmes couldn’t sabotage.

It’s interesting how, on the Dominique Strauss-Kahn thread over on Pandagon, there are already rape apologists claiming that even false sexual assault claims follow one around for the rest of one’s life. But here we have Price’s statement, “so one can only assume that his criminality had absolutely no ill effect on his success with women. In fact, it may have enhanced his love life.”

I guess it really is always the woman’s fault.

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

@Bee:

“(1) Do W.F. Price and his group of morons really have that much interest in dating the kinds of women who are attracted to inmates and “thugs” to merit this kind of jealousy? Really?”

This is how their logic works.

1). Women only go for jerks and bastards.
2). Women don’t go for me because I’m a Nice Guy
3). I’m going to be a jerk and a bastard and it’s all their fault.

Granted, this is a pretty bare-bones model of how their thought processes work regarding women, but it fits 99% of whatever they’re yammering on about at the moment. It always boils down to “I don’t want to be a jerk but women are making me do it because they hate men. Also, when they end up with bad men, they deserve it and it never has anything to do with bad men being good liars.”.

To my eternal shame, the reason I know what makes most of them tick is I used to believe that bullshit. Now you might think this would make me have a bit more empathy for them. I don’t. There is a point in their lives where they have to consciously start shutting out anything that contradicts the gospel of “women are bitches”. It’s like dealing with white supremacists. Maintaining that kind of ignorance in this age of information actually takes work and someone that devoted to ignorance gets no pity from me.

Catherine
Catherine

Lady Victoria wrote : “I always find it superbly creepy when people ascribe adult sexuality, attitudes and maturity to adolescent girls. It’s almost like they don’t see adult women as any more mature than a young teenager, and since there is no difference (in their minds), it’s perfectly fine to have the same sort of relationship with a 14 year old as you’d have with a 24 or 34 year old.”

Speaking as a 15 year old girl, I think its really creepy that you want to pretend that I’m a small child simply because you know that girls my age are better looking than you.

My body is MINE to do with as I like. What makes you different to the man who told women not to dress sexily?

And by the way, 24 year olds are still adolescents – the brain doesn’t stop developing until the late 20’s. Check your facts.

Alister
Alister

Pecunium

Thats not a scientific article, its an ideological screed.

And the psychopath, it does appear that he is more successful with women than the average man, which is the point that Welmer was making.

Manboobz, congratulations on your skill at spin doctoring, your silent employers chose well.

NWOslave
NWOslave

The only comment I have is the bogus feminist claim of “rape” if a man is 30 and a woman is 16. How does the magical age of 18 (soon to be 21 internationally if the UN has it’s way), translate into “age of consent?”

As always women/feminist lead the charge into the realm of nonsense with their power dynamic pseudo-psychology. Where a man might either love or lust after a 16 year old girl, (neither of which is about power). A woman will claim a “power” dynamic. The only conclusion is women either inherently, or have been indoctrinated to think this way and project their thinking process onto the way they percieve men think. Which simply isn’t the case.

@Pecunium…After to going to the link you provided and reading the article, along with a multitude of other non-scientific articles I notice science and opinion seem to have combined into an all encompassing truth. Just because you slap the word “science” on an opinion fluff piece doesn’t make it valid. One persons biased opinion backed by nothing carries the same value as I’m about to deposit in the toilet.

nunya
nunya

The picture with this speaks volumes except these morons would be saying “She made me do it.”

Ion
Ion

That’s not really a contradiction. Many alphas will also have a ‘bad boy’ vibe. I can’t remember the details, but there was a study done recently which showed that men who exhibited typical ‘bad boy’ traits had more sexual partners on the whole.

edit: found it.

Lyn
Lyn

So is being an alpha defined purely by having lots of sexual partners? I was under the impression that being ‘manly’ and rich was important?

nunya
nunya

They probably have more sexual partners because they lie to them to get what they want. “Game” is really just lessons in how to be a sneaky, lying jerk.

Ion
Ion

They’re all important. In animal packs, the alpha male is the strongest/most dominant as well as having the pick of partners. In humans, alpha men are also typically ‘bad boys’. They get whoever they want. Good guys settle and tell themselves it’s because they’re in love. It’s not rocket science, here. 😛

Rachel
Rachel

MRAL – “It only affects men (betas and omegas no less), and our misandrist society doesn’t care about spit upon men, we’re second class to the alphassholes and wymynynynyn.”

I know a couple of posters have already commented on this…but really? You are going to assert that women don’t pay taxes? I generally think that your comments are the statements of a young man who has been jaded by life and is trying to find a way to explain your inability to form relationships with women in a way that doesn’t involve introspection. Today, however, it appears that you are purposefully making false statements (i.e., women don’t pay taxes that support social programs). Ok, you think society “spits” upon “omega’s” (and apparently now “betas”?), by which you mean treats them poorly, if I understood the description of “spit” you gave on a previous thread…but you cannot honestly believe that those “classes” of men are the only people who pay taxes, which are used to support social welfare programs, can you?

Tuffy
Tuffy

RE Vuvuzelas, in that case, women have also ruined Lord of the Rings!

Simone Lovelace

*Shrug.* Ion, I seem to recall that statistically, blonde women have slightly more sexual partners than brunettes. But this doesn’t lead me to conclude that

(1) Guys only go for blondes
(2) Brunettes are an oppressed sexual underclass
(3) Men are bastards.

All of those would be frankly absurd conclusions.

So the MRA “logic” doesn’t really impress me.

Plymouth
Plymouth

Good guys settle and tell themselves it’s because they’re in love.

It couldn’t possibly be because they… ARE in love? They’d actually rather have a conniving gold-digging bitch just because she’s hot? That sounds pretty misandrist to me. Why do you have such a low opinion of men?

Comrade Svilova
Comrade Svilova

Simone, as a brunette, I finally understand how oppressed I am by the system by which blonds get more dates. Thanks for enlightening me!

Simone Lovelace

What’s also absent from these studies is an acknowledgement that a person’s behavior influences how many partners they have, independent of how attractive they are. So it’s very possible that the “dark triad” isn’t inherently hawt; rather, men with dark triad characteristics are more likely to engage in (skanky) behaviors which lead to having many short-term affairs.

As an analogy, I am less “attractive” than many of my current classmates, by any conventional measure. And yet, I have more romantic success than many of my cuter, smarter peers. The reason, as far as I can tell, is that I’m relatively extroverted; I like dating; and I’m relatively open-minded about partner selection. (I have standards, but I don’t have a rigid “type.”) It’s not because I’m inherently hawt.

If you really want short term affairs; you’re incredibly confident; and you have no shame about manipulating people; then of course you’re more likely to have short term affairs than a “nice guy.” The “nice guy” is less likely to really want a short term affair, less likely to put himself out there, and unwilling to manipulate potential partners.

That doesn’t really say anything about the attractiveness of the dark triad, per se.

Simone Lovelace

Comrade Svilova, I’m a brunette too.

Sadly, there has been no word from science, as yet, on the sexual status of women with hot pink “manic panic” highlights.

Amnesia
Amnesia

“… there was a study done recently which showed that men who exhibited typical ‘bad boy’ traits had more sexual partners on the whole.” (Ion)

Maybe because a lot of them might not care about having consensual sexual partners? If a man didn’t think women had a right to say no to his advances, he probably would get more sex overall than someone who feels both partners should be consenting, if only because he didn’t take their boundaries into account. Of course, we feminists would call that rape.

Plymouth
Plymouth

Amnesia – I really don’t think rape is required to have more partners. I think that’s a little unfair. It doesn’t even require deception – it just requires knowing how to seek out people who are also interested in short flings and one-night-stands.

Of course equating “more partners” with “more sex” is also problematic. Someone can have a new one-night-stand every month and rack up a lifetime number that’s very impressive but still have less overall sex than the monogamous couple that has sex twice a week for several years.

Comrade Svilova
Comrade Svilova

As Simone pointed out, someone who is only looking for short term flings and someone who wants a mutually respectful relationship will approach dating differently.

Different goals, different approaches, different outcome. Would a guy who is interested in a mutually respectful relationship want to be with the women who have short term flings with jerks? It seems like a major point of incompatibility.

If it’s that “omegas” want short term flings with hot women, and they just don’t have the mojo to make that happen, then why blame the women? A woman who doesn’t value you because she’s shallow or because you don’t have enough money or because she “wants” to be treated poorly by a bad boy doesn’t sound all that attractive. Again, seems like a major incompatibility.

I guess I’d rather have fewer partners but have them be people who respect me and value me for what I have to offer…

Pecunium

Ion: I’d like to see the study itself. The article used some very specific language (e.g. psychopath) with some very specific meanings, and I don’t think the study actually said it that way.

Lyn: Alpha is defined by circular logic:

1: Hot chicks only go for alphas
2: He has hot chicks
3: He’s an alpha

Then the special pleading starts. Because MRA/PUA models aren’t really about women. The are about salving the egos of men who don’t get along well with women (many of whom don’t even like women, most of whom will end up not liking women because of the toxic swamp of violent misogyny that MRA sites all seem to be [though posters like anit insist there are some out there, I’ve not see them, and anit does’t want to share])

So, any modificatin of the definition which is needed to make this case (whatever case that happens to be) work, will be used.

Take me. I’m in my 40s. I’ve had more than the average number of sexual partners. None of them has ever tried to “trap me” into having a kid (though one did want a kid, and I wasn’t worldly enough [in the right ways] to realise that having a kid then wasn’t so out of her bounds that her not bringing up birth control didn’t mean she was using any, but didn’t care. We were lucky). I’m of decent looks (if you like slender men), but I’m not the sort most men are going to look at and say, “he gets lots of women.

I am, however, a feminist (i.e. I think everyone in society ought to be treated the same. I also happen to think the social structure is inherently disadvantageous for some of it’s members, and that needs to be addresssed). So I am getting all the action I get because I am “appeasing” women, and helping them in their campaign to “emasculate” men, and keep them down.

Or some such.

Pecunium

Comrade Svilova: But these are, “nice guys” whom any woman would want, except that they aren’t, “alpha”. So they get turned down. It’s not their fault that they aren’t what women want. It’s the fault of women not wanting them.

Women, you see, are all shallow, and men are all about the feelings, and deeper meaning of relationship (except for those damnable alphas, and their philandering ways… why if they weren’t so manly they’d practically be women, just in it for what they can get)

Plymouth: I don’t think Amnesia said the only reason people have more partners is rape. I think she said that people who don’t give a damn about others (and the article said, “psychopathic” and “narcissistic”) are more likely to fail to respect boundaries of consent. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that people who are possessed of higher rankings in such traits are more likely to “not readily take no for answer”.

Titfortat

It’s a reward for collaborating. Which means I’m not really an alpha, I’m a traitor.(Pecunium)

Well, when you put it that way I’ve gotta say, “youre brilliant.” 😉

ozymandias

I’m pretty sure the reason dark triad men have more sex partners is that women realize they’re dark triad and don’t want to date them in the long term, so they pretty much always have to be on the market.

Also, this dude fits in very well with the Theory of Assortative Mating. Psycho dude dates psycho women, and neither of them are particularly good at birth control, so there are a lot of kids.

Alsoalso, don’t rape kids.

Amnesia
Amnesia

@Plymouth
Yeah, I think I was trying to point out just one of many reasons why bad boy types might get more partners, but rereading my comment, it didn’t make that clear. My bad.

I don’t think ‘more partners’=’some must have been raped.’ It’s just that if we’re talking about men described as overly narcissistic, manipulative, and impulsive, well, I wouldn’t be surprised if at least some of their partner count wasn’t consensual.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Pecunium, if they changed it from girl to boy would they get why it is wrong?

On to Comet’s list:
Overfishing of cod in the North Sea
“Women need more fish for the babies because it is healthier. If they stopped having so many babies, the cod industry would not need to get so many cod.”

Bathtub hair cloggage
“Women shave their legs in the bath! If they were not so focused on looks, they would not have to shave their legs where it clogs the bathtub!”

Vuvuzelas
“If women did not like those macho footballers, the sport of football would never have taken off and no one would have needed to invent it.”
Bush fires in Australia
“if women did not want wool clothing to make themselves attractive…”
Difficulty of replacing duvet cover
“only women think duvet cover’s are a good idea.”

remove all logic and ta da! You can blame women for everything. Just like when you watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the father makes every word (even Japanese words) come from Greek.

Pecunium

titfortat: Is that the style of debate you were teaching your children before I came and you changed your methods?

Because, really dude, you could have so much better game.

You could have said it was because women like the idea of a slender man they can physically dominate.

Or that I am so blinded by the sex that I fail to see the clever machinations of their minds.

You could argue I ought to take advantage of the trust they’ve given me to start a fifth column.

But no, you just repeat the inanity of the MRA types, who would call me a traitor even if I wasn’t getting any; because I’m not trumpeting how evil the women are. If I was an iconic good looker, then I’d be a traitor for being an Alpha and hogging all the pretty girls (or for stooping to sleeping with Omegas, who don’t deserve any dick, because they won’t put out for the MRA types).

But really, calling me “brilliant” for treating women like people, and showing some respect for their interests and intellect… sorry, it’s not brilliant, just common sense.

Amnesia
Amnesia

But aren’t women who don’t shave their legs man-hating feminazis?
We can’t forget to add a double standard here, you know.

speedlines
speedlines

Which means I’m not really an alpha, I’m a traitor.

But from a certain point of view, a traitor can also be seen as a “bad Boy,” so MRA logic works. Kinda sorta.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I think women are supposed to vibrate the leg hair off or be born without it.

Bee
Bee

Yeah, I remember back in the day when I noticed that men tend to like women who are commonly called a sexist pejorative, but I’ll describe them here as aggressive, rude, pushy, and unpleasant. I’d cry, Why don’t men like nice girls who are easy to get along with?

And then I realized that, yes, some guys like a challenge, and some guys like being bossed around, but also, high-maintenance women tend to look high-maintenance (they blew dry their hair, for example, and wore make up), and perhaps more importantly, they were aggressive in approaching men and acting like they deserved to have a boyfriend, as opposed to shy-but-nice me, who always felt more comfortable being left alone.

So what do we learn here? I dunno. I eventually got a boyfriend without changing a whole lot about my stilo. But I also didn’t end up hating all men for being attracted to who they were attracted to, or hating all women who had more romantic or sexual success than me, or subscribing to a cultish worldview that uses Greek letters to excuse my failures as a person. That’s just me, though. MRAs can feel free to fail on their own terms, I suppose.

Titfortat, weren’t you gonna take your intellectually dishonest self and leave? Or was that only on the thread with the failed Robin Williams joke?

Titfortat

Pecunium

Youre fun man, Im not debating. I was just being observational.

1 2 3 4