Uncategorized

How NOT to convince the courts to give you more access to your children

Lone father paralyzes Sydney in rush hour protest

(AFP) – 2 hours ago

SYDNEY — A lone protester paralyzed rush-hour traffic in Australia’s largest city for hours Friday by scaling the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and forcing the closure of the country’s busiest roadway.

The man, who said he was “ex-military”, evaded extensive security precautions to climb the bridge at dawn and hang two banners in a protest apparently linked to a custody dispute over his children.

The stunt forced the closure of the bridge that links north Sydney with the downtown area for around two hours, causing massive back-ups and leaving thousands of motorists and train and bus commuters stranded. ….

“If I have to stuff four million people around for one morning and that gets my kids and other kids help one day sooner, I have achieved my goal,” he said before rappelling down onto the roadway to be arrested by waiting police.

SOURCE

“Stuffing” four million people around. Goal achieved!

Getting more contact with your kids. Goal not so much achieved as hindered, I’m guessing.

More on the protestor here. He’s apparently a “bikie” – the Australian version of a biker – and “was almost killed during an alleged bikie shootout last year.”

UPDATE: As a result of this, the protester, Michael Fox has, not surprisingly, been ordered to not contact his ex-wife or family members.

And here’s an interesting detail from the coverage:

He left a note in his car, warning police to close the bridge and not to try to bring him down by force. “If anyone attempts to climb the upper arch of the bridge during my protest, the consequences will be fatal. Do what I ask and this will start and end peacefully,” it said. “You’ve taken my kids, I’ve taken your bridge.”

Generally speaking, nonviolent protestors don’t threaten “fatal consequences” for those who try to arrest them.

UPDATE 2: Another odd detail:

He last saw [his kids] almost 70 days ago, soon after a home owned by him was engulfed by fire. His estranged wife and one young daughter were sleeping inside. Both escaped the blaze.

The story gets stranger and stranger.

tin spider

@NWOslave

Jewish Bolshevism? Wasn’t that just Nazi propaganda, though?

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Lackwit usually works in your case NWOslave. Tragic when a supposedly grown man has no wits about him.

Plymouth
Plymouth

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It’s the only way to live
In cars

–Fear Factory

I’ve always loved that song. Don’t mind being called a “cager” at all! 🙂

Pecunium

Here is a longer list of his writing on Jewish issues, and of letter by others to him about questions relating to Jewish issues:

Ghandi Docs

Plymouth
Plymouth

NWOS –

Oh, there are plenty of insulting terms for people of mixed race. I’m sure you can think of a few if you try. The question is – has your mixed race status lead to actual discrimination for you?

I’m not saying it hasn’t as mixed race people clearly face discrimination of various types. But I do find it interesting that you claim being male makes you a victim but I’ve never heard you complain about racial discrimination against you. Did I miss something?

Pecunium

Holly: I am cutting him some slack, though he has used an MRA trope (Parental Alienation is the Australian Equivalent of, “Alienation of Affection”).

My real problem with calling this, “activism” is he has (so far as I can tell) given any details to support his action, “I did the because I want my kids to be safe and I want to see them again.”

Ok. But what’s the reason you can’t see them now? We don’t know. So we can’t judge the merits of his claims; he has no claims.

NWOslave

As I said tin spider, being all races that I am, I can blame any individual or group of individuals for whatever injustice they perpetrated. Did the Germans kill lotsa Jews? Yep. Did the Jews kill lotsa peasants? Yep. Did the Japanese kills lotsa Chinese in WW II? Yep. Did the Pol Pot try to commit genocide? Yep.

You can’t commit a crime and than pull out a victim card. It doesn’t work that way.

Samsara
Samsara

NWOSlave, judging/classifying people because of a perceived group relationship/characteristic is considered prejudice. IE, Jewish, Black, Muslim, Female, Male, Transgendered, etc.

Perhaps you should try judging people on their individual characteristics rather than an arbitrary group affiliation. You know, actually consider them people rather than an subhuman other.

See I’m going to judge you on your actions. Not your sex, race, religion etc.

What’s a cager? I’m guessing it’s not referring to practicing in a baseball cage.

Holly

Wait… the Jews killed lotsa peasants? When? I think I missed that day in Hebrew school.

NWOslave

Plymouth, the only discrimination I face is at the hands of the State. The man in this article obviously faces similar discrimination. This is due to the policy in the western world of denying equal custody to fathers. If a part of feminism has implemented this law, than your faction is to blame. If you’re part of this faction, (feminism) then you need to reform this situation. Accountability, you need to be held accountable for the actions of your members.

Holly

That’s a holocaust denial website, Champ.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Again Lackwit, I mean NWOslave, feminism is not responsible for people assuming that only mothers should have custody of kids and making it harder for men to have custody of their children.

But hey, no one said you had to adhere to reality.

Amused
Amused

“So I can’t be anti-semite or I’d be against myself.”

Sure you can. And by the way, you are an antisemite NOT because you “said something negative about some Jew”, but because you insinuated that Marx’ Jewish ancestry justifies the wholesale extermination of Jews. That’s classic antisemitism regardless of the “mutt-ness” of the person it comes from. Don’t beat yourself in the chest about your ancestry. Just because you obsess about that stuff doesn’t mean others do.

Pecunium: While Gandhi’s statements about Jews are consistent with his views about non-violence in general, he still employed a double standard. For example, while he decried Arab violence in Palestine as well, he didn’t call on the Palestinians to kill themselves. He didn’t tell them that they should just submit to whatever happens and resist the occupation that way. That, to me, is a significant difference. This isn’t meant as a statement on the Arab-Israeli conflict in general — I am only pointing out the significance of the stance that it’s Jews — not anyone else — who, in Gandhi’s view, are expected to lie down and die when assaulted.

Gandhi said some nice things about Jews and he called the Holocaust a great crime — which leads a lot of people to conclude that he was not prejudiced against Jews. We are now in a territory that’s a matter of individual perception to some extent, but as a Jew, I resent the status of my group in the eyes of non-antisemites like Gandhi as a symbol of victimhood and nothing else. The idea that Jews have a theoretical right to exist just like any other group, but a moral obligation to submit to slaughter without protest (unlike any other group) is one that I, personally, find profoundly offensive. That’s what it ultimately boils down to, the “spiritual value” of Jews as mandatory victims, for whom the only appropriate response to ethnic and religious violence is to “shame” the perpetrator by dying horrifically. I don’t think there is anything reprehensible about wanting to live even in the face of adversity, instead of sacrifice ourselves for the sake of some arguable moral lesson to the rest of mankind. We are people, not a metaphor; when Gandhi treated Jews as the latter, he denied Jews their humanity and objectified them in the most despicable way. But that is merely how I see it.

NWOslave

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth, than go to the many feminist sites and see what they advocate. If any of them advocate default child custody to the mother than your faction needs reform.

Holly, this is what a I mean when I say giving you links to anything is pointless. When a link disagrees with your view of total innocense of any wrongdoing you discount it. You are perfect, born that way and in actions as well. You are the denyer. Unless of course you’re a holodomor denyer?

As I said, since I am literally all races, the race victim card means nothing to me.

Holly

Well, giving me links to any holocaust denial website is pointless, yes. Seriously now.

NWOslave

Amused, I said nothing of the sort. There could never be any justification for what Hitler and Germany did. They were fucking evil.

I’m not obsessing about my ancestry, you are. Thats why I can blame any race for any atrocity they commit, while your obsession of race purity won’t allow you to ever admit to “your” race as having ever done anything immoral. I have no race to defend, so I’m free.

Holly

Races don’t do evil things. People and political movements do. I don’t blame “the Germans” for the Holocaust; I blame the Nazis.

(And for the Holomodor, I blame the Stalinists. Who weren’t Jews or even very fond of Jews, but that doesn’t even matter.)

Amused
Amused

“I’m not obsessing about my ancestry, you are.”

And you have lobsters crawling out of your ears. Because I said so.

Blaming a race for an atrocity is disgusting. Period.

My “race” has never done anything immoral. Neither has any other.

Doctress Julia

Hey, Plymouth: that song, Cars, is originally written and performed by Gary Numan (Fear Factory? Never heard of them, but they did a nice cover of it, I suppose… sniff)! I have it on vinyl. /smug

Check it out; the whole album (The Pleasure Principle, 1979!) is the shit.

Also, ignore me if you already love Gary Numan.

Bee
Bee

Apparently this guy, Mick Fox, has been ordered not to contact his ex-wife or his kids. So, although this was an example of protest, it really doesn’t see to have been an example of particularly effective protest.

Also, “bikie” sounds adorable. Hee! Even when they’ve trying to be scary-tough, Australians insist on being so adorbs!

NWOslave

And you’re exactly right Amused when you said, “Blaming a race for an atrocity is disgusting. Period.”

So when I say Trotsky was a dick for slaghtering millions, I mean “he” was a dick. So that particular “Jew” was a dick. So if that person was a “dick” and a “Jew” than a “Jew” had a hand in this slaughter. Not the entire race. So someone of “yours” and possibly “my” race was a “dick” and had a hand in this atrocity. So someone of “our” race was a “dick.”

Imagine it this way. Pretend there was no race. Did that person have a hand in something evil. Well the answer is yes of course.

I mean ya got Holly here who claims the “Stalanists” are “evil” because “Bolshevic” is associated with her precious purity of lineage. But I’m the racist, right?

Holly

This kind of categorical thinking reveals something about NWO’s psychology, now that I think about it.

If you believe every wrong done by a woman to be a wrong done by women, then women really are pretty horrible!

And if you believe every accusation against a man to be an accusation against men, then men really are persecuted!

(Also, fyi, “The Patriarchy” does not mean “all men” or “the secret conspiracy of men.” It means “the social system perpetuated by both men and women that defines gender roles in a way that oppresses both genders but gives men the upper hand.” Complicated, I know, but that’s why hating patriarchy does not mean hating men.)

Plymouth
Plymouth

Julia – my apologies! I was only 3 in 1979 so I never heard the original. I’ll def have to check it out.

NWOS – I’m not a feminist, so, no, that’s not “my faction”. I have my own issues with feminism and reasons why I don’t identify as a feminist but they have pretty much nothing to do with your mistaken fantasies of what you think feminism is. Despite my issues with the movement, feminism has also done a lot of good things that I completely support. And I personally know a lot of feminists who are good people.

cynickal
cynickal

Say anything bad about any Jew and you’re anti-semetic.
Say anything bad about gays and you’re homophobic.
Say anything bad about any woman and you’re a misogynist.
Say anything bad about any race, (other than white) and you’re racist.
Say anything bad about muslims and you’re Islamophobic.

Wheres my victim card?

😐

the only discrimination I face is at the hands of the State.

😐

Feminism is claiming that men can’t participate and are not equal members of caring and raising children?
Really? 😐

As I said, since I am literally all races

Really? Literally? So which of your ancestors came from Africa? Which tribe? Which ones came from the Pacific Islands? Which islands? Which ones came from Asia? Eastern or western continent? Which of the Native American tribes are you registered with? When did your ancestors are Indigenous Australians? Which Persian tribe did you come from?

Have I mentioned what a sad, strange little man you are?

@Doctoress J; Thanks for pointing out the Gary Neuman lyrics. I keep having to yell at these kids to get off my music with their covers and sampling.
/shakes cane in the air

Plymouth
Plymouth

Hey! Covers make the world go round! Without covers some songs would be forgotten to history 🙂

NWOslave

Hey Holly, I’m going to let you in on a little secret you’re not a pure race lineage wise. Thats right even 2500 years ago your precious purity was made up of amorite, loabs, moanites, ect, ect, ect. even palestinians. Further “Jewish” is a faith not a “race.” Oh horror of horrors. You are a convert to a faith. Just as I, as a Christian am a convert. It is not my race it is my faith.

Ami Angelwings

holy… O_O nwoslave: king of the derails o_o

xD I just saw Hogan on TNA last night 😮 He would be displeased w/ you nwoslave… this is not how an nWoer should act… leg drop for you! xD

@holly: it’s always amusing to me about the “here’s a website link! i win!” thing xD it wonder if it’s cuz some ppl are still stuck in the past where being able to reach a mass audience in media meant that it was a big and therefore perceived to be “respectable” news organization and have since carried that over to the internet where they think “here’s a website!” is enough and it doesn’t matter what type of website it is or nething.. it’s just “it got published! there you go! see i’m right!” xD not that even a news org now rly means nething xD

i am a little idealistic… and waiting for blogger to get its act together… and my angel cat bunny side always wants to try being nice so…

um… nWo: why do you keep pointing the finger back at feminism? o_O it seems a little weird given that nobody was even talking about it here, they were talking about geopolitical history and the like… also feminism is always changing, and there are many different types of feminists 🙂 it’s not a secret cult or cabal… we dun have leaders and rituals where we wear masks and do blood rituals xD the thing is that you could prolly point to some comment somewhere in a feminist site about nething… a lot of well known or e-famous feminists have said problematic things… racist.. ablist… transphobic… there’s a bunch of women’s shelters that would never allow me in… I’ve read some rly awful things implying how awful and evil they think I am (not me me, women like me 🙂 ) it doesn’t mean i blame all of feminism, or even think most feminists are like this… there are a LOT of great feminists writing, and arguing and working towards changing these things… intersectionality is now becoming a bigger thing as more awareness is spreading among the feminist comm online 🙂 most feminists that I see are v pro fathers and changing the system too (incl me! 😀 ) I mean feminism HAS changed, and is still changing… so I just wanted to say that, b/c you said feminism needs to look in house, but we do, and we have and we always will, cuz feminism isn’t a cult, there’s no structure, and esp with the internet, it is no longer even about the few white straight cis women who could get books published, so there are even more voices, and I find more ideas and more discussion 🙂 So hopefully that will help at least clarify that point, even if you dislike feminism or etc… it’s definitely not static 🙂

Ami Angelwings

and a 1… and a 2… i have a bad feeling about this >_>;; also a hilarious feeling about this! 😀 but we shall see >_>

Captain Bathrobe

Yeah, not all protests are created equal. In terms of effectiveness, all this guy did was get himself into more trouble. If it was a coordinated effort as part of a movement, then that would be another matter. As it is, it just looks like he’s being kind of a douche.

Still, I prefer his response to that of taking a gun and doing a murder-suicide. We had one of those locally just yesterday, though it was probably the result of a love triangle. So…go Australia?

Holly

Yeah, I know I’m not a “pure” Jew, whatever the hell that even means. I have blue eyes and red hair, for Chrissakes. What does that have to do with anything?

…Man, I’ve forgotten where this conversation even started. Anyway, child custody dude. Ill-advised, might have a point or might not, I’m glad he hasn’t expressed anything misogynist so I’ll try not to judge him too hard, really nothing to do with feminism.

NWOslave

Oh ya got me cynickal, I’m not every race. Here are the races I know for sure, going back a scant 2 generations. Dads side…Ukranian/English-Slovokian/Croatian-Serbian/Spanish…Moms side…Yugoslavian/Hungarian-Checslovacian/Moldavian-Albanian/Lithuanian.

Please forgive my all races remark, I hang my head in shame at my stupidity.

Captain Bathrobe

And, yes, citing the Institute for Historical Review is not the way to gain credibility outside the Neo-Nazi Conspiracy Theory set.

Doctress Julia

Apologies for whaaat? Silly! No, I know… I am the ripe old age of 35 (soon to be 36, oh, no I am well past ‘expired’!). Hey, we’re only a year apart! 🙂 SO, SO many awesome songs from the 70s and 80s have been covered, and it drives me kinda batty! It’s partially a ‘why-can’t-artists-nowadays-come-up-with-anything-ORIGINAL’ batty, and partially ‘I-MUST-turn-on-these-youngsters-to-Gary-Numan-dammit’ batty! I am also kinda bitter and think we are living in a sick and dying culture, so there’s that… I’d love to hear some new and truly ORIGINAL music that isn’t derivative crap or an almost exact cover of an original. I always keep my ears peeled for it!

And, also: KRAFTWERK! That is all. I love all y’all. /derail

Ami Angelwings

@Captain Bathrobe yus, it might not be effective 🙁 but i suppose it’s up to him to decide how effective it is, or if it was worth it 🙂 Kinda like SlutWalk recently! All sorts of backlashy stuff said how useless it was and how it’ll make things worse and etc etc… but you dunno until you try! and I think the ppl marching thought it was useful 🙂

But I agree w/ you 🙂 effective or not, I think that what he did was at least doing something nonviolent and preferable to killing (sad that the bar seems so low 🙁 ) 🙂

so yus, go Australia! 😀

NWOslave

Hardly a douche Captain Bathrobe. Quite apparent the courts refused to grant equal custody. All the money in the world wouldn’t change the courts decision.

This “power” that a State has to deny a father access to his child shouldn’t even exist. Don’t you agree?

Holly

Hahaha, what NWO means by “all races” is that he’s every kind of white.

No shame in that, understand, but it doesn’t let you play the “I can’t be the oppressor because I’m multi-racial!” card too effectively.

NWOslave

Spanish, Holly = Not white. Please don’t disparage my “brown” side of my lineage. Thats quite a racist remark. Unless of course “white” = Bad? Is this how you feel?

Captain Bathrobe

Also, my understanding is that Trotsky fell from power before the worst of Stalin’s excesses (Forced Collectivization and the Purges). Not that Trotsky was a particularly nice guy, but he was not the complete monster that Stalin was.

Captain Bathrobe

It depends on the circumstances, NWO.

Holly

NWO – Some Spanish people are paler than others, but anyway you’re like 1/16th, which isn’t a good or bad thing, but it just makes it funny that you’re playing up this whole “all races” defense, when “all races” means “some of the races in Europe.”

Anyway.

No. I don’t agree. If the man has been abusive or negligent, then he should get no access. If he has played a partial role in raising the child, then he should get partial custody. The only time a man should get full custody is when the mother has been abusive or negligent (or doesn’t want custody).

When the mother and father disagree, the state has to make some kind of decision (the kids can’t be cut in half!), and I actually wish they did give more single dads a chance, but that’s still making a decision.

Captain Bathrobe

Yes, but the Slutwalk was an organized protest directed at issues beyond the purely personal. This guy was protesting his situation and his only. Although he gave some lip service to “helping other kids” he was really just pissed off about his own situation. Understandable, but it hardly puts him in the same category as MLK or even the Slutwalkers.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

NWOslave appears to wish men still had the pater familias of the Roman era where a man had absolute control over the life and death of his children.

Plymouth
Plymouth

Ok, I know this is getting like way off topic so tell me if I should stop David…

I just really love covers. I also like original new music. But I really love hearing songs reinvented. One of my minor hobbies is collecting covers of “Paint it Black”. It’s not my favorite song ever but it’s a damned good song that’s been covered by a lot of folks in a lot of different genres. Turns out my fiance ALSO collects covers of “Paint it Black”! That’s how we knew we were made for each other 🙂 Ok, not really, but it was a pretty cool coincidence and we’ll be dancing to one of those covers at our wedding.

The apology was ’cause when I looked up the lyrics to make sure I had it right (I am pretty bad at remembering exact lyrics) I didn’t read far enough to see who did the original. I didn’t even know Fear Factory was the cover I was hearing all these years (yeah, even that is 12 years old now) until I looked it up. It’s just a good song that got a bunch of radio play for a while and stuck in my head but I don’t own it.

A bunch of my friends are busy being annoyed that they’re remaking movies from our childhood too and I don’t get that. I mean, ok, if they do a shitty job I’ll be annoyed but plenty of remakes have come out awesome. I thought the new Italian Job was way better than the first. The remake of The Omen wasn’t as good as the original but was still worth watching. The remake of The Stepford Wives wasn’t great but neither was the original (I can appreciate it for historical reasons though – hey, look, an op-topic-ish tie-in to feminism!)

NWOslave

So now we have a “bad” meter as it were Captain Bathrobe. I can go down the list of my little known lineage and name all the “bad” people on it.

To be honest everyone of you purebreds seem a bit racist to a mutt like myself. Everyone points the finger at such and such a race while their own seems to garnish an instant reaction of defense.

How about we all just go with the person was a freak and if that freak happened to be of x lineage lets not deny the “pure” race of that person and admit that yes that person is a freak and that person also is of x “pure” lineage?

Lets cut the crap here, there are people of every race that have done evil. No ones “pure” race is pure and good.

Captain Bathrobe

And then he’d still think that women had too much power. To support his arguments, he would direct us to a scroll in the Apollo Library claiming that the sack of Carthage never occurred and then complain when we refused to read it.

Holly

^ ??????

This conversation has officially dropped off the face of the Earth and is now hurtling past a great many turtles on the way down.

NWOslave

@PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth, Yes I’m such a bad man for endorsing Equal custody.

I just can’t help it, I’m evil that way!

Captain Bathrobe

How on earth does that respond to anything I’ve said?

NWOslave

But the only reason I want Equal custody is so I can oppress women and children. MUHAHAHA.