antifeminism antifeminst women evil women MRA oppressed men reactionary bullshit the spearhead vaginas western women suck

The Royal Scam

Do you like my hat? No, I do not like your hat.

I was under the impression that the most controversial thing about the recent royal wedding was Princess Beatrice’s vagina hat (later apparently adopted as the official headgear of the Obama White House*). Not to Petra Gajdosikova, a guest commenter on The Spearhead who has worked herself into a snit over  Kate Middleton’s refusal to pledge to “obey” her Prince. “Now, this may seem a silly little issue to pick on,” she says, at the start of what turns into an 1800 word rant,

but, would it have been too intolerably oppressive for Kate Middleton to have kept to the traditional vows including promising to ‘obey’ her husband? Yes, I know such a thing is not just hopelessly out of fashion but considered almost a crime against their human rights by feminists and millions of brainwashed modern women. But if the Royals won’t preserve the last remnants of tradition, who will? And what’s the point of Monarchy if not tradition?

Petra acknowledges that Lady Di also refused to say the word “obey” when she married Prince Charles, snidely remarking, “[a]nd we know just how well suited she proved to be for her role and responsibilities.” (Yeah, that was the problem with that famously troubled marriage.) She continues:

Undoubtedly the decision to modernize the vows was taken to show the Monarchy being in step with contemporary culture and to present the new Duchess of Cambridge as a thoroughly modern woman and role model for millions of young women throughout Britain. And that’s the biggest tragedy of it all… The country doesn’t need any more progressive ‘role models’ infected with feminist ideology. What we do need, if this society is ever to reverse the present degeneration, are those who stand up for traditional values and mores.

Yeah, because there’s nothing even remotely traditional about celebrating a gigantic, extravagant, broadcast-live-to-billions wedding involving about 8 hours of hymns and AN ACTUAL MOTHERFUCKING PRINCE. I mean, they might as well have had a “commitment ceremony” on a commune, or something.

But apparently making a big deal out of a wedding doesn’t mean that today’s degenerate women actually take marriage itself with any seriousness:

Marriage today is, to many women, just an extravagant social occasion and party, their very own ‘princess’ fantasy. It doesn’t seem to include any consideration on what marriage really means, much less on how to be a good wife. Undoubtedly the mere concept of a ‘good wife’ would be deemed oppressive these days. (Are you saying women should have responsibilities and not just rights?!) After all, millions of women feel entitled to ditch their marriages and perfectly decent husbands for no better reason than feeling bored or ‘unfulfilled’. The princesses deserve to be happy – and if they harm their husbands and children in their insatiable quest for fulfillment, so be it!

Damn those women and their infernal desire to not be miserable!

So why on earth could any decent woman possibly have a problem with pledging to obey her husband? Petra assures us, in all seriousness, that

promising to ‘obey’ one’s husband has nothing to do with being oppressed, a second class citizen with no power or say in a relationship, or a servant to a man. It’s a statement of trust and respect, acknowledging the authority of the man as head of family, responsible for and dedicated to his wife’s and their children’s welfare. Despite us wanting to pretend otherwise, a woman’s natural role is to be loving, nurturing and supportive in a relationship. When women usurp the masculine role (power and leadership) and emasculate men it doesn’t bode well for marriage.

Dudes, if you feel “emasculated” because your wife doesn’t unquestioningly follow your every dictate, you must have an awfully fragile sense of self – and an extreme sense of entitlement. Learning that other people have their own needs and desires, and that the world does not bend to our every whim, is one of the most basic developmental lessons we all learn in our lives. Most of us do it when we are babies.

But to Petra, the insistence of most contemporary western women that their marriages be partnerships of equals means that they’re the narcissists:

Women are deluded in thinking they have been ‘liberated’ from some imaginary shackles, when in fact they’ve only sabotaged themselves and contributed a great deal to the rotten state of our society. The anti-male bias is ever present in the West today; we are ‘empowering’ females at the expense of males and conditioning women to disparage men.

The self-absorption and sense of entitlement of today’s women make it nearly impossible to form healthy, sustainable marriages and relationships.

What follows is a by-the-numbers rant about “sky-high divorce rates,” degenerate single mothers, “welfare dependency … sexual depravity,” human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together.

Sorry, I got carried away; those last bits were from Ghostbusters.(Not the bit about “sexual depravity” – she actually did said that.)

While Petra is perfectly comfortable preaching special treatment for men – having someone literally pledge obedience to you; how much more special does it get than that? – she’s incensed at the notion that “women have long been enjoying – and often abusing – a privileged and protected status (as the ‘oppressed sex’).”

To Petra, the fact that some women choose not to pledge obedience to their husbands means that men are the real oppressed class, facing pervasive “anti-male bias” and the “emasculating” power of women … demanding to be treated the same as men. In other words:

The explicit subordination of women in marriage = not oppression.

Equality in marriage = oppression of men.

I’m sorry, but Petra’s argument here is even sillier than Princess Beatrice’s hat.

And since when do the guys on The Spearhead give a shit about marriage? I was under the impression they all thought it was some sort of evil feminist plot. .

*Note to literal-minded Obama-haters: I was making a little joke there. That picture is not real. Also, Obama was not born in Kenya.

UPDATE: Fixed the link to that not-real photo of Obama and pals in Princess Beatrice hats. Which I’ll just link to here as well.

Rachel
Rachel

NWO – its really cute how you try to win arguments by saying “TADAA” or responding to a point you disagree with by saying it is a “Truely epic fail” and then going off on some sarcastic rant…but you should know, if you want to fight about feminist ideology with a group of feminists, it might help to have some actual support for your argument. Maybe. I mean, I’m just guessing here. Oh, and by support I do not mean statistics you pulled out of your a$$.

NWOslave

Well Rachel, how would you like me to respond to Holly when she say something so astronmically luicrous as there no quota system and feminism fights fro equal custody. This rates right up there with chapter I of the early feminist womens studies where they stated as fact that Romulus and Remus of Rome had made up the law of “rule of thumb.” Ya know where you can’t beat your wife with a stick thicker than your thumb.

The only problem with this feminist historical fact was that Romulus and Remus were fictional character. They were loathe to pull that “fact” out of their books since it fit in so nicely with the bad oppressive man, good victim woman hate movement.

I mean right now, I forget which college it is but freshmen boys are “required” to take the infamous, “she fears you indoctrination” before being admitted to college and talk about “rape culture.” The funny part is there were NO rapes at the college. Again the starting point is man is evil and oppressive, woman is a pure victim.

As in a previous post I talked about Title IXs police force, well it’s just gotten even better. In cases of sexual harassment the “Jury” as it were now has to read some pamphlet as to “why men are controlling” before rendering a verdict. It’s akin watching Norman Bates repeatedly stab the innocent girl in the shower scene and than judging not wether the man is guilty, but what his punishment should be. Once again, by default, the man is the guilty oppressive criminal, the woman is the pure innocent victim.

I mean we’ve got a real problem out there that goes by the name feminism, and you people better wake up.

Holly

Now you’re just making stuff up. The stuff you’re saying is… well, the saying is “that’s not right. It’s not even wrong..” It’s just from Mars.

All I can gather is that you don’t like the “rule of thumb” myth which is widely acknowledged as a myth (and hardly a feminist one!), and I guess you have a really big problem with colleges teaching anti-sexual-assault classes because boys might feel bad about being told not to sexually assault people? Also the thing about sexual harassment cases is just entirely from Mars, seriously, I can’t even tell what you’re referring to.

But on a bigger scale: do you even want to change these things? Do you want to spread the truth and treat men better? Or do you just want to pound your fists against the wall screaming “BITCHES BITCHES BITCHES” until your knuckles get all bleedy?

Holly

Funny question, NWO, and like DOUBLE POINTS if you can answer it without working a “you think men are poopy and women are angels!” in somehow:

Are you in favor of total equality of the genders?

kirbywarp

Thanks a lot David, it happens. *shrug* Hopefully this one makes it through.

NWO:

Basically what Holly said. You are not talking to people who trust you, let alone share your world view. Thus, if you’re gonna make claims, you better have cited sources so we can check to make sure you aren’t putting some horrendous spin on the matter.

Or just making stuff up. From what I’ve seen, I really wouldn’t put it past you at this point.

PosterformerllyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerllyknownasElizabeth

If there is a requirement that males take a class on sexual consent and there are no rapes, then it worked the way it was supposed to NWOslave. That is what the point is for these classes.

NWOslave

Here Hamilton college, “She fears you” Man = Oppressor Woman = Victim.

Heres another exerpt.

April 13, 2011: “She Fears You,” Hamilton College’s mandatory and coercive orientation program for freshman males last fall, received a Muzzle Award today from the Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression. “She Fears You” is based on the theory that men need a “combined emotional and cognitive intervention” to reform their deeply ingrained rape-supportive beliefs about gender and sexuality. The program interferes with students’ freedom of conscience, unlike less invasive education programs. The annual Muzzle Awards draw attention to “egregious or ridiculous affronts to free expression.”

Heres a fun little ad on billboards and buses about DV, Dontcha just love the picture of those boys. The caption reading “respesct girls” while the boys are wearing sweatshirts that read “awaiting instructions.”

I couldn’t readily find the Title IX stuff, but you’ll be able to try it out in person in college. Qweet! Oh yea lotsa more good stuff comin to your local theaters soon. Feminism it’s all good stuff. But wait I know YOU’RE not that kind of feminist, therefore feminism can never be blamed. Yaaaay!!! I wonder how many manbombs all these fine laws and adverts will produce?

kirbywarp

One last thing, NWO, as a bit of a bonus for backing up your claim.. If what you say is true, and you can back it up, you’ll probably find a lot of agreement here. Its why we are so sure you are making shit up, if it were we would be horrified.

Its personally why I would now consider myself a feminist. My ideals line up with the movement, those of equality, and the facts are on their side. *shrug* Show good evidence for your movement, and its amazing how quickly you can whip up support. Simply asserting everything is a good way for everyone to dismiss you as a kook.

Also what Elizabeth said.

Edit: I’ve seen your post, NWO, reading now.

Rachel
Rachel

NWO –

First, if someone makes a claim that no quota system exists, and you believe that one does exist, how about providing some support for that statement. I know of no quota system, but I also know that I am not aware of every law in the entire country. So please, show me where a quota system exists. As you probably know, being the master debater that you are, it is much easier to prove a positive than a negative (meaning that it is damn near impossible for me to prove that something doesn’t exist, while relatively easy for you to prove that it does if it does).

Second, you always go on and on on here talking about Title IX, and I am not entirely sure you are aware of what Title IX actually is. So, here is a description pulled from the American Law Reports, which is a secondary resource used by lawyers and judges throughout the country (secondary to statutes and cases). Basically it provides an overview of the law and is a place people may start research. It states:

“Congress enacted Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, 20 U.S.C.A. §§ 1681 et seq., with two principal objectives in mind: to avoid the use of federal resources to support sexually discriminatory practices in education programs, and to provide individual citizens effective protection against those practices. The statute was modeled after Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C.A. §§ 2000d et seq., which is parallel to Title IX except that it prohibits race discrimination, not sex discrimination, and applies in all programs receiving federal funds, not only in education programs. The two statutes operate in the same manner, conditioning an offer of federal funding on a promise by the recipient not to discriminate, in what amounts essentially to a contract between the government and the recipient of funds.”

As you can probably tell from the quote, the statute is not a criminal statute, and has nothing to do with criminal laws, the burden of proof for prosecuting alleged rapists, or jury instructions. It also isn’t a mandate. Schools are free to discriminate on any basis they want, they just don’t get federal funding if they choose to do so.

Djinna
Djinna

I’m now seriously considering casually mentioning to ye olde fiance that I want to include “obey” in my part of the vows, just to see his reaction. Will he say, “why, in nearly 25 years, did you never tell me you had an evil twin?” Will he say, “Who are you, and what have you done with the woman I love and respect?” while frantically dialing the National Enquirer with indisputable proof of either brainwashing/alien abduction-pod-person-hood? I’m guessing laughter that would prevent me from maintaining a straight face, which isn’t nearly as cool as the other possible reactions. Odds that he would seriously agree to including that? To paraphrase my philosophy of physics prof, approximately the same probably of all the oxygen molecules in the room suddenly congregating to the NW lower corner – sure, theoretically possible, but ain’t ever gonna happen.

Hmm, I’m always asking if he needs me to pick up anything at the store (he has major shopping anxiety, plus tax is 8% cheaper in my locale than his), and he says yes please, and then thank you. What completely bizarre concepts, please and thank you.

FWIW, in the religion in which I was raised, it wasn’t “obey” but “submit,” which I always felt was so much worse. Also, FWIW, the “marriage advice” my mom always gave me growing up was “make him think it’s his idea, and you can get what you want.” While not exactly helpful for a partnership, has actually been useful in the workplace when dealing with THAT kind of coworker that is totally contrary about anything and everything.

Xtra

“If I call home and say, “while you’re out shopping pick up some beef jerky.” You do realize if you actually get that beef jerky, you’ve obeyed a man.”

Wow, my husband “obeys” me often. Good to know.

“Heres the question. A husband and wife both come home from work in their equal jobs where they both make the same wage. (AWW, warms my marxist heart just saying that). Anyway, the wife says I want to purchase x product. The husband says it’s a luxury we don’t need. To purchase or not to purchase? Thats the question.”

A compromise, it doesn’t get purchased now but they save up to get it or put it on layaway. Seems fair if the only reason the husband does not want to do it is cost. In my own marriage I make many purchases without consulting my spouse.

The only time it requires such is if it is a purchase we are both committing funds to. We both work and on non-joint matters, like my laptop, don’t require a yes or no from the other.

It is better this way because, I could not justify spending a large sum on a fishing rod but my guy would. There are plenty of things I would spend on that he would deem unnecessary as well.

This avoids resentment that could happen about it. They could agree to flip a coin, even that would be more just than the assertion that one person should be designated to have the last say so all the time.

“Hows that “it takes a village to raise a child” feminist motto lookin in the old Ghetto.”

How could I have forgotten that marriage rates cause all the problems in the world.

“And really how seriously can I take anyone why says, “Also, um, there are no job quotas,”

Where are these damn job quotas the MRm keeps speaking of? The unemployment rate of black women is higher than white men. Guess employers have not heard of the law. When are the affirmative action inspections so we can get this corrected?

Non-snark version, if there were some kind of quotas due to affirmative action, you’d think their would be some proof of such.There is a lot of proof of unqualified elite getting into all kinds of jobs and government positions because of their family’s money.

Funny how these same people that complain about women and blacks supposedly getting benefits of quotas never complain of this.

darksidecat
darksidecat

On the rule of thumb: while its origins have been largely misattributed, this rule was used in US courts in the 1800s. Attributed by the courts that applied it to Roman and British law (where evidence of it is in fact slim to none-the actual traditional British wife beating standard was about degree of injury and a convoluted system of “justifications”, not size of implement), there are a number of American cases that do cite this rule (the North Carolina Supreme Court instated an injury standard in affirming a lower courts ruling overturning the conviction of a man who whipped his wife on the grounds of the rule of thumb, see State v. Rhodes, 61 N.C. 453 (1868)). So, while the rule of thumb mythos is false, it is a mythos traditionally applied in actual US historical cases. The misunderstanding of history does not originate with modern feminists, but with old US jurisprudence. There is, at least some historical suggestion that British lower courts did routinely permit beatings, including ones with implements. From Blackstone, 1756: “The civil law gave the husband the same, or a larger, authority over his wife: allowing him, for some misdemeanors, to flagellis et fustibus acriter verberare uxorem (to beat his wife severely with scourges and sticks); for otehrs, only modicam castigationem adhibere (to use moderate chastistement). But with us, in the politer reign of Charles the Second, this power of correction began to be doubted…Yet the lower rank of people…still claim and exert their ancient privilege and the courts of law will still permit a husband to restrain his wife of her liberty, in the case of any gross misbehavior.”

NWOslave

Well if thats the case PosterformerllyknownasElizabeth, why not a few “mandatory” classes on women filing for restraining orders that are purely for vindictive reasons. I mean even if it happened once thats once too often right. Besides if it ends all that then it must be good. Also since you folks love to google, try women sexual preadtors and such, there lots of em. Lets have a class of “he fears you” because women rape young boys, sexually harrass them ect, ect, ect. C’mon join the party. I mean the list of womens flaws is as long as the list of mens flaws, right?

I mean you do want to end the “culture of female sexual predators” Doncha ya? Because ya have to admit its a culture as part of the class, otherwise you’ll never solve the problem. Take your mandatory class on “why women are controlling.” You do want to solve this problem dontcha? The first step is to admit that there is a “culture” of controlling women accepted by society.

Suddenly it doesn’t sound so good, does it?

NWOslave

Stop it darksidecat, the rule of thumb is a measurement as it always was. I use it today, you stick your thumb on a print, if its 1/8″ scale and your thumb is 1 inch wide your thumb = 8 feet. Grow up.

NWOslave

Well there it is kirbywarp, I backed it up. Howd ya like that fine ad.

Tell me oh pure and wonderful feminists, I’m awaiting instructions.

Don’t worry its not misandry endorsed by feminists and paid for by my tax dollars. Or is it?

Rachel
Rachel

NWO – so again, Darksidecat provides citations to how the “rule of thumb” was used in court cases in the history of our country, and your response is, “Stop it…grow up.” The rule of thumb is what I say it is and that’s that. So, are you capable of disputing her actual proof? Her cites? The history?

Holly

I actually think there’s a point to the message of “she fears you.”

The point isn’t “you’re a fearsome evil man,” but “you’re probably bigger than her and you’ve been socially conditioned to be aggressive while she’s been socially conditioned to be quiet and nice. Therefore, if you pressure a woman into sex, she may go along with it not because she wants sex but because she feels an implicit threat. This is the case even if you did not explicitly threaten her. Therefore, always be very conscientious in obtaining freely given consent for sex.”

So yeah. Actually kind of a point there, and one that guys thinking “well she still could’ve said no” might miss. And the point here is to prevent sexual assault, not get anyone in trouble–in fact, if it works it ought to reduce sexual assault allegations.

…would I have more luck explaining this to the cat?

NWOslave

Links Rachel, links, links, links to the official court documents. The LAW that it is written as. Surely a law this hidious would be burned into every feminist logo as PROOF of mans evil ways.

Did she run to feminisite to get this, have ya clicked on the links I’ve provided?

Holly

How is “respect girls” misandry?

Is “disrespect girls” equality?

NWOslave

Well than Holly, I ask you to google women sexual predators, harrasment, assault, ect, ect, ect.

That way we can have classes on the bad women, ya know to prove the “point.”

kirbywarp

So I’ve looked at your links, NWO, and honestly, I’m not excited. The one from “thefire.org” uses hearsay gathered from a former intern and two-word quotes from the professor of the class to support their claims. The tone and structure of the article smells more of “Glenn Beck” then actual news.

The other, about the endabuse.org ad, is even worse, consisting of a whole bunch of leading questions and rantings. The ad itself? I dunno. It sounds a bit like the superbowl ad a while back, bad presentation with good intentions. (Basically trying to say that young men pick up how their supposed to act from adults)

NWOslave

Well gee Holly the Shirt they’re wearing that read “awaiting instructions.”

I dunno, I’m thinkin maybe, hmmm, whats a delicate way to put this, ahh, as not to damage you deicate sensibilities, maybe, oh, I dunno, how about, fuck you.

amandajane5
amandajane5

Why do you have something against restraining orders? They’re to be filed by both men and women and apply to both also. Who loses with a restraining order? Especially in a fraught situation? Is it so horrible for a man to have to stay away from a woman who is scared of him? Or the reverse? What’s the objection here?

You make no sense.

Holly

I don’t understand you, NWO. I think it’s wrong for men or women to commit sexual assault.

However, given that 99% of sexual offenders are male (U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics), specifically educating boys and young men does make sense.

And it’s not a hardship on them! The message is “please don’t assault anyone, and you’ll be a-okay by us.” It’s not like an accusation. It’s just education that, in our current society, they seem to need more of than girls do.

NWOslave

I was thinkin of an advert the read “respect men” and little girls wearing shirts that reads “awaiting instructions”, cause I too have good intentions.

Funny how you were all up in arm about having to “obey” or “submit” in a marriage vow but “awaiting instructions” seems like good intentions. You guys are a hoot.

Avicenna

NWO slave…

There is rape at college. I was a victim of an attempted date rape. The rapist was slipping GHB into the girliest drink at the table and wondering why the women weren’t getting tipsy… I had to get my stomach pumped because I consumed 4 times the dose.

I was not pleased when I came to.

Also… Norman Bates is classically insane. He is guilty of murder but cannot be held accountable for it. He has a worse fate than prison. Psychiatric Hospitalisation.

Holly

They’re shirts for children. The point being that little kids are still malleable and learning from how they see adults talk and behave.

It would be weird, yeah, if those were worn by adult men.

NWOslave

WOW Holly 99%, sweetheart, you are the bomb.

Holly

Okay, I’m getting to my angry place:

NWO, what in the name of fuck do you WANT? Say you’re king of the world, how would you handle sexual assault education? (Don’t answer me by saying “FEMINISTS SAY MEN ARE POOPY AND WOMEN ARE ANGELS.” I know you think that, you’ve made it clear. No need to go hoarse repeating yourself.)

In a perfect world, how would you handle sexual assault prevention education?

NWOslave

Again I lose across the board. Oh well, I guess I’ll be “awaiting instructions.”

NWOslave:

*sigh* This is why conversing with you is such a bother. Let me guess, you want to introduce measures to teach black people that its wrong to enslave whites, right? Or how about ads to make sure that female CEOs don’t sexually harass their male secretaries?

There is a time and a place for ad campaigns, when the issue adressed is actually a big problem. Males thinking low of females, and raping them? Problem. Females not respecting men enough? Not so much.

Nobby
Nobby

that article on Keith Edwards is especially suspect when you can watch part of his presentation right here:

despite “The event also wasn’t filmed, so non-attendees will never know exactly what Edwards said that night”. Maybe that exact presentation wasn’t filmed, but if he since changed it, I suppose that’s good, right?

And that video is actually quite good. Doesn’t blame guys for anything. He’s very specific is stating that “SOME men” have caused problems for the rest of us. Problems that we should lend our aid to stopping, because we are in a position to do so. Such a horrible message, so much “Men=bad, women=good”. Oh, except not.

As to the “awaiting instructions”, i have not seen that. But the idea, that teenagers and younger children pick up patterns of behavior from adults, is hardly controversial. I’m sure you’ll try, though.

NWOslave

Avicenna, if what you say is true. That ONE person needs the class. No one else. Otherwise if ONE woman falsely accuses a man all women should be forced to take a class on false accusations. Do you agree?

NWOslave:

And if all future rapists were kind enough to make themselves known before they “do the deed,” only they would need to take the class. But really, you should know this. Are you for real?

Holly

I’m not the bomb, the US Bureau of Justice is the bomb!

Actually, I’m sort of confused now. Are you arguing that more men are assaulted by women? I mean, that’s failing the “Earth” test.

Also: In a perfect world, how would you handle sexual assault prevention education?

C’mon, I’ll answer any reasonable questions you ask me. Step up to the plate, man. Give me your perfect-world scenario.

NWOslave

The same goes for the advert. If a DV ad has a boy wearing that shirt. There are women who commit DV, so in the spirit of Equality an equal number of adverts should show the opposite. Do you agree?

@kirbywarp

And if all future false accusers were kind enough to make themselves known before they “do the deed,” only they would need to take the class. But really, you should know this. Are you for real?

I can do the same thing, see. So I ask you, shouldn’t all women be forced to take a false accusation class for the actions of the few who do? Because thats what your saying men should do.

mish mash
mish mash

You folks do realize that it’s impossible to win a debate with a troll, right?

Nobby
Nobby

But an equal number do no commit DV. “Women accounted for 85% of the victims of intimate partner violence, men for approximately 15%.” From the domestic violence resource center.

By the same token, as US Bureau of Justice statistics showed, the vast majority of rape initiators are men, so ads are targeted as such. Same with other rape prevention issues. If the case was the other way around, then yes, there should be more aimed at women agressors. But we’re on earth, not MRA land.

Holly

Mish mash – Yeah. But it’s sort of fun to see him keep trying.

It makes me sick in the pit of my stomach to realize that based on his sheer vitriol and persistence, he’s probably not a troll in the classic sense–he probably believes what he’s saying.

I don’t delude myself that I’m going to talk sense into him, though. The man would tell me that he had three eyes if he thought “men had two eyes” was a feminist viewpoint.

NWOslave

@Nobby…Again I say if this is a good thing, why not have ALL women take a class on false accusation, women sexual predators, ect, ect, ect. But make it clear that ALL women aren’t like that. Seems reasonable, right?

Nobby
Nobby

@Mish Mash it’s true, but I find these kinds of debates tend to solidify my own ideas, by forcing me to find more resources and exercise my debating skills, so it’s not worthless for me.

NWOslave

DV and the lies that women are only victims.
Men are also 35 times less likely to report DV

NWOslave

Hardly debating skills Nobby when you never answer a question but only ask questions. HAHAHA, a debate, when your answer consists of…..

Shayna
Shayna

Hey David (love your blog) but it’s not a vagina hat. It’s shaped like the magic mirror in Disney’s Snow White. A brilliantly subversive form of protest I think for Fergie (as the evil princess) not being invited to the wedding. But jesus in a jetpack couldn’t Beatrice’s grandma open her purse for some well needed teeth filing for poor little Bea?

NWOslave you’re crazy in the coconuts. You know that, right?

Rachel
Rachel

http://www.uchastings.edu/faculty-administration/faculty/williams/class-website/docs/GenderAndLawPg41-64.pdf (cited by darksidecat)

(“The Court chooses not to rely on the phrase “rule of thumb.” Although apparently a common and useful phrase, as evidenced by the frequency with which it appears in the hearing transcript, this expression is derived from the historical common law right of the husband to beat his wife with a switch, provided it was “no thicker than his thumb.” Caitlin E. Borgman, Note, Battered Women’s Substantive Due Process Claims: Can Orders of Protection Defeat DeShaney?, 65 N.Y.U.L.Rev. 1280, 1281 n. 3.”)

Well, here are two links to “official court documents.” I cannot provide you with a link to the American Law Reports unless you happen to subscribe to either lexisnexis or westlaw.

Also, how presumptuous of you to require someone else to provide links when you rarely, if ever, do so. At least both darksidecat and I provided citations to our sources. Generally speaking, in the law, citations to sources are as good as it can get as most legal resources are not available online without subscription to a legal resource website.

Nobby
Nobby

Because organizing and putting on those classes take time and money. When there is a way to make a larger impact with less money by focusing on a group that is vastly overrepresented in the aggressor group, it’s just good business sense. Again, if stats were more toward a 50/50 split, you’d have a point. But they’re not.

Also, please show where false accusations affect a quarter million (rape/sexual assault) a million (DV) people a year. Then we’ll talk.

I never said they’re the only victims, neither does my source. Good reading comprehension skills there.

It amazing how many sources I use for all those questions.

NWO is coming unraveled. I don’t think even he can follow his points anymore.

On the plus side, he seems to have discovered the magic of gravatars.

@NWOslave

Pretty much what Nobby said before (curse slow typing. 😛 ). Equality is not what you think it is. Like my point above was supposed to illustrate, equality isn’t on the level of the response, its on the level of the actual incidents. What feminists want is for rape and DV and the rest to not disproportionally affect women (at the very least).

The day this happens is the day that we won’t need ads like the one you brought up.

@Nobby and Mish-Mash:

Yeah, same for me. I have an unusually high tolerance for debate, and engaging in it has only increased my ability to look at my own views rationally, as well as the other side’s. I’ve changed many of my own positions as a result.