douchebaggery evil women men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA sex violence against men/women

Lara Logan Redux: More victim blaming, rape denial and rape apologetics from In Mala Fide

Screenshot of In Mala Fide

TRIGGER WARNING: Graphic descriptions of sexual assault; rape apologetics.

Journalist Lara Logan recently appeared on 60 Minutes, giving the harrowing details of the brutal sexual and physical assault she sustained at the hands of a mob while covering the protests for (60 Minutes) in Cairo this past February.

When news of the assault first hit the internet, you may recall, it seemed to open the floodgates of misogyny and racism. Looking at one Yahoo News story on the attack, I found hundreds of vile comments – some blaming Logan for her victimization, or doubting it ever happened; others using the assault as an excuse to spout hateful filth about Arabs and Muslims in general.  In the “manosphere” itself, the reaction was predictably appalling, with many MRAs not only mocking and belittling the victim but using the case to push their own retrograde agenda. (See my post here for more details.)

Even within this context, the reaction of blogger Ferdinand Bardamu of In Mala Fide stood out for its sheer nastiness; I wrote about it here. In his first post on the subject, Bardamu mocked the victim, declared that “she had it coming,” then suggested that she probably hadn’t been raped at all. Based on no evidence whatsoever, he speculated that she may have just  “made the whole thing up to garner attention and sympathy from the weepy, chivalrous masses. “

Bardamu has now used the occasion of Logan’s new CBS interview as an excuse to mock the victim again — calling her, among other things, an “idiot,” a “moron,” a “strumpet” and a “fake-breasted tart” — and to repeat his contention that she wasn’t “really” raped at all. Indeed, he says, the interview has “vindicated” his skepticism about the rape. Why? Because in her interview of 60 Minutes, Logan had spoken about being penetrated by the hands of her attackers. Bardamu evidently finds this highly risable, and somehow manages to convince himself that Logan was merely groped:

But seriously, “they raped [you] with their hands”?

Look, I’m no scholar, but even with feminists’ constant re-defining of rape, I know for a fact that rape has to involve a penis. Specifically, an penis entering an orifice without invitation. If you didn’t get a dick forced into your mouth, vagina or asshole, you didn’t get raped.

Logan and CBS’ deliberate vagueness about the “sexual assault” back in February was no doubt calculated to make people imagine the worst possible scenario that could happen. A line of hairy, creepy men pulling a train on her. Triple penetration at all times, the hairy sleazy monkey-men shooting jizz in every hole in her body, donkey punching her every time she tried to resist. In reality, she probably got spit on a few times, had her butt slapped, and had her silicone tits felt up. That’s not rape, you strumpet, that’s Spring Break in Cancun!

It’s hard to even know where to start with something this appalling. First of all, as a few dissenters pointed out in the comments on Bardamu’s post, it is still rape – “real” rape – when you are penetrated with fingers, bottles, or any other foreign object. When Abner Louima was brutally sodomized with the handle a bathroom plunger by New York city cops, that was rape, real rape. And what Logan says happened to her was real rape too.

As for the rest, I think the only thing to do is to contrast Bardamu’s words with Logan’s account of what happened to her, taken from a transcript of the interview.

As Logan tells the story of the assault, she and her crew were caught in the midst of a mob. Men grabbed her, groped her, and literally tore the clothes from her body. As she describes it:

I feel them tearing at my clothing. I think my shirt, my sweater was torn off completely. My shirt was around my neck. I felt the moment that my bra tore. They tore the metal clips of my bra. They tore those open. … [T]hey literally just tore my pants to shreds. And then I felt my underwear go.

Some men began beating her with sticks and others, with their hands, penetrated her. In this and the following passages I’ve bolded the statements dealing specifically with the sexual aspect of the assault. Logan again:

I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks and things, because I couldn’t even feel that. Because I think of the sexual assault, was all I could feel, was their hands raping me over and over and over again. …

They were tearing my body in every direction at this point, tearing my muscles. And they were trying to tear off chunks of my scalp … not trying to pull out my hair, holding big wads of it, literally trying to tear my scalp off my skull. And I thought, …  I am going to die here.

This assault lasted 25 minutes. Logan says:

[T]hat’s when I said, “Okay, it’s about staying alive now. I have to just surrender to the sexual assault. What more can they do now? They’re inside you everywhere.” So the only thing to fight for, left to fight for, was my life.

Ultimately, Logan was rescued and rushed to the hospital. Logan continues:

I stayed there for four days, which was hard. My muscles were so unbelievably sore, because they were literally stretched from the mob trying to tear my limbs off my body. My joints, every joint in my body was distended. And then they, the more intimate injuries, the injuries, the tearing inside. And the mark of their hands, their fingers all over my body, cuts and everything you could imagine. But no broken bones.

This horrific account bears very little resemblance, it hardly needs to be said, to Spring Break in Cancun.

Naturally, a number of the commenters on Bardamu’s  site manage if anything to be even more vile than Bardamu himself.

McGlothin suggests that Logan probably enjoyed the experience:

It’s not impossible that she went all the way to orgasm when the testosterone filled raging men fingered and groped her. That would explain the vagueness of her description: she was way enjoying it so much that she could not remember precisely what happened except that they molested her manually.

Attila concurs:

This gynbot just wants attention, and is playing the “Arabs are animals” routine for brownie points. She probably got groped a little, in a way that she has never been groped before, and she may be reacting to the fact that she may have gotten a thrill out of it.

Commander Shepard throws some racism and “slut”-shaming into the mix:

She was raped by their hands? LOL. A pretty blond like Logan probably spent her youth getting gang banged by alphas. In this case the men were beneath her (dirty sand niggers) but even they didn’t penetrate. She’s probably more upset about her bruised ego than her bruised body.

Bardamu wrote his post, I should note,  before the interview aired, and before anything beyond a few quotes from it had been published. But it is telling that he has not bothered to go back and watch or read the full account. Not that it would matter; he made up his mind on the case a long time ago, and I doubt that anything could change it. Like many in the “manosphere,” Bardamu and his fans see only what they want to see, and use their imagination – and their prejudices — to fill in the rest.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Yeah, those In Mala Fide posters were trying to argue that rape is only wrong when “chaste women” are the victims. I’m not sure what standard they have to classify all women as either chaste or “sluts” but it’s the old virgin/whore dichotomy. The sad thing is a jury at a rape trial might be persuaded that promiscuous women “deserve” rape, or that they aren’t damaged by rape. That’s why rape shield laws are so important and necessary.

If the roles were reversed, they wouldn’t think that a man that consents to one, two, or even thirty sexual partners gives blanket consent to EVERYONE else who wants to have sex with him.

johnnykaje

Do I smell a new t-shirt idea?!

cynickal
cynickal

@ozymandias, it’s because we weak menz look upon your works and weep.

MRAL wants all menz to be “omegas” or all HOT women (no fat chicks) to “give it up” at any time for any menz. Sounds like communism to me. Just sayin’…

@ScareCrow P-Man, she only gives out her pic to “Alphas” or “Alpha-Alphas”

@sallystrange You need to pass the rank of MRA Captain first! duh! 😉

Amnesia
Amnesia

Nice to see the topic got back on track.

Honestly, what’s so hard for some people to understand about consent? I mean, even if somebody says they want to go skydiving someday, or that they’ve skydived before, that doesn’t make it okay for you to shove them off a cliff. Just because someone may have had a lot of sex with more than one person doesn’t mean it’s okay to gang-rape them.

Oh, and I’m adding my vote for making ‘Disgracing the Penis’ a t-shirt.

Joe
Joe

I’m all for the “disgracing the penis” T-shirt, as long as it features the floating stone head from Zardoz.

ScareCrow P-Man

“Why do MRAs hate men so much?”

Odd, I saw a site that called the MRM 4th wave feminism.

I cannot remember where it was though.

I have noticed that.

They euphemistically refer to their hatred of men as a “circular firing squad”.

At least, that is what I am starting to believe.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Again, you guys need to STOP BLAMING THE VICTIM. Bardamu has been spit upon and kicked at and treated as a disposable object his entire life. He’s merely venting some of the mistreatment back onto society- and by chace, it’s been aimed at Lara Logan. It’s misplaced, but I’m not going to pretend I don’t completely understand where the anger is coming from. Turn your criticism to the manginas and the femibitches if you want to stop this anger at its root. Bardamu is just a symptom.

Johnny
Johnny

First of all, there are three Johnnys in this thread. That makes me uncomfortable.

Second of all, I’m now squarely back in the “MRAL is a troll” camp, because the above post is just way too over the top to be in earnest.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

“You can’t blame the victim for blaming the victim!!!!”

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I yet again bring up the comparison to Malcolm X, which no one has been able to refute.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

So it’s okay for Bardamu to blame the victim in the awful things he said about Lara Logan; but we can’t call him out for being a misogynist douchebag, because, after all, if women didn’t suck so much then no man would become a misogynist….?

Am I reading you correctly?

Johnny
Johnny

Lady V von S: “You can’t blame the victim for blaming the victim!!!!”

INFINITE RECURSION! BLAMING THE VICTIM FOR BLAMING THE VICTIM FOR BLAMING THE VICTIM FOR BLAMING THE VICTIM FOR BLAMING THE VICTIM INFINITY TIMES 100!

Fatman
Fatman

MRAL, a brutal gang rape was committed, and you think the victim is a wholly uninvolved man spewing insults at the woman who was raped.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Sorry MRAL, someone very effectively rebutted the Malcolm X claim you made. However I understand it did not involve saying “YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I SHOULD KEEP IGNORING LOGIC AND REASON!!!” I could see how you could easily miss it.

And unless he can show he has actually been spat on, treated badly and otherwise harmed by an actual misandrist system, he has no cause to say these things.

He is not a victim of anything more then his own delusions. The fact you defend him shows how little sense you have yourself.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Why should anyone feel sorry for Bardamu? He’s writing vile things on the Internet about a woman he doesn’t even know. He has no excuse for the crap he wrote. He’s just a douchebag, and his nonsense is nothing like what Malcolm X experienced, said, or wrote.

Joe
Joe

> I yet again bring up the comparison to Malcolm X, which no one has been able to refute

Tu Quoque. Refuted.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

X, who I consider a brother in oppression, fought against a racist society. Bardamu and I fight against a severely misandrist society. We are the same.

law1204
law1204

“Bardamu has been spit upon and kicked at and treated as a disposable object his entire life.”

Who fucking cares IF he did. Plenty of people have faced ill treatment at the hands of others, a lot worse I daresay than this hateful douchebag, and somehow they manage not to spew abusive hate speech at perfect strangers. Look at Osama Bin Laden. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and grew up in the lap of luxury with everything anyone could want. And he grew up to be one of the world’s worst terrorist. So sorry, your excuse doesn’t fly.

That’s the thing about abusers. They think that they can pass off their abysmal behavior as the result of abuse or a crappy childhood but that is NOT the reason they do what they do. An asshole is an asshole because he gives himself permission, thinks he is entitled and better than anyone else, and has a twisted moral system that allows him to treat others poorly so he can get his way.

Bardamu didn’t write any of this abjectly horrifying hate speech because of his background or because of how others treated him. He wrote it because he’s conceited and gets an emotional payout from it.

By the way, your life will become a whole lot happier when you stop obsessing about the sex lives of people you don’t know and have never even met.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

Right, because being forced to live in poverty under the constant threat of lynching for being ‘uppity’ is EXACTLY THE SAME as not having your dick sucked on command by a brilliant supermodel, or having to share the planet with *gasp* fat chicks, who *gasp* might be having more sex than you!

I knew he wouldn’t stay gone.

MRAL, the legitimately sad thing here is that you want the world to be the terrible place you describe. Although you claim you want change (except for fat chicks), you are completely closed to the idea that the world might not be as heinous as you claim, including to the idea that it might be much better for you if you looked at it a different way.

law1204
law1204

“X, who I consider a brother in oppression”

Oppression?? In what way are you oppressed?? You live in the Western world where you are free to speak, assemble, buy and sell, start a business, pursue your dreams at will, make money, travel, and since you seem to have unfettered access to a computer I also assume you have enough money to buy plenty of clothes, food, and have an acceptably clean and functional place to live. You have access to healthcare and education unlike much of the rest of the world.

You COULD have been born in a TB and malaria-infested 3rd world garbage dump with no place to live and no clean running water and no food, and have starved to death before you reached puberty. You COULD have been born into slavery. You COULD have been born with no limbs.

Instead of being grateful for what you have and the fact that billions on this planet would consider you rich and priveleged beyond their wildest dreams, you pule and whine about who won’t sleep with you and how much you hate fat people and women (none of whom you even know personally), and how “oppressed” you are that someone you think is either more attractive than you or uglier than you is having sex and how “bitches” you can’t stand and who are ostensibly “keeping you down” won’t have sex with you. Fuck you, you ungrateful twat. If there’s any further evidence of what a fucked up whiner you are, it’s the glaring cognitive dissonance of you desperately wanting to fuck people you hate.

The only oppression you face is that you’re so stupid you’ve gotten in your own way in life by thinking you’re entitled to things that no one is entitled to, including respect, consideration, and sexual relations. Shut the fuck up, pay your bills on time, make good decisions in life, get an attitude adjustment and a goddamn hobby, and stay the fuck away from angry MRAs – they expect you to pay for their child support and can’t stop bitching about how the women they universally treated like shit finally wouldn’t take their crap anymore. They are no friends of yours.

Also please seek therapy. Your head is beyond screwed.

cynickal
cynickal

Shorter MRAL: If you wymynz don’t submit yourselves to my penis at any time for any reason UR OPPRESSING MEEEEEEE!!!!!

Johnny Pez

MRAL, you do not suffer from oppression. You suffer from an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

Joe
Joe

> Also, given that he never responds to any of the points we make, he has very little leverage for expecting us to respond to his points.

To be fair with my fallacy-mongering, that’s also Tu Quoque.

Let me try another angle. Since we’ve already responded to every single one of “his” points, over and over again, because they’re stock MRM tropes, it’s pretty ridiculous to expect us to respond to them *again*.

cynickal
cynickal

Also because I love this video so much…
NSFW!!!!

Avicenna

MRAL

You are not a member of a group of people being discriminated against solely for the colour of your skin and being regarded as inferior.

You and your movement are not Malcolm X. You aren’t Che. You are probably “just another tea partier” in level of “insane things to protest about”.

ND
ND

I love reading the comments here, but it’s amazing how MRAL can completely derail the conversation. Lara Logan and In Mala Fide’s scary article seemed to be only peripherally discussed. How is it possible that someone whining about being rejected by “bitches” can hijack a discussion about rape, victim blaming and misogyny?

snobo
snobo

@wtf | May 3, 2011 at 3:54 pm

@Men’s Rights Activist Lieutenant
I like the way you use a tragic incident about how women are still VERY CLEARLY more oppressed than men to trumpet men’s rights. WAHHH WOMEN DON’T TREAT MEN WELL. What the fuck?

Right? Hundreds of men literally try to tear a woman limb-from-limb and rip her scalp off, western misogynists blame her for being there, and the foremost problem in all this is that men don’t get the continual supply of pussy they feel they’re entitled to. MRAs don’t know what oppression is.

briget
briget

law1024
my twat is insulted to be compared to MRAl

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Malcolm X did not simply concern himself with blacks either, in many ways he held pro-MGTOW and pro-MRA views, with his impatience for “Female Game” and the bitches that gossiped about him in the Black Muslim temples (for proof, read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, educate yourselves).

His views on women were seen by some as negative, but to a MGTOW they were merely practical. He eventually married a woman who was by all accounts highly exceptional, otherwise he would have had no problems being a MGTOW until he died. Though race is what he’s remembered for, his pro-MRA views are also undeniable. He understand the manipulation alpha bitches engage in and- in my opinion- likely predicted the epidemic in would reach in the 20th and early 21st century with the advent of another vehicle for the bitches- institutionalized female supremacy, ie feminism.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

That is it! David, I am formally requesting a temp ban on MRAL for constantly calling every female a bitch regardless of merit.

The stupidity I can stand, I cannot stand the constant name calling of an entire gender for no reason.

Amnesia
Amnesia

@MRAL

“If you are in a country that is progressive, the woman is progressive. If you’re in a country that reflects the consciousness toward the importance of education, it’s because the woman is aware of the importance of education. But in every backward country you’ll find the women are backward, and in every country where education is not stressed it’s because the women don’t have education.” -Malcolm X

As I understand, Malcolm X was at one point very sexist, and may have supported the kind of views that MRAs hold, but later renounced that sexism, as you see by the quote above.

law1204
law1204

I concur with Elizabeth.

I also extend deepest apologies to briget and the other femmes here for calling MRAL a twat.

So now MRAL is comparing himself to Malcolm X because they are/were both sexist.

He’s doing our work for us.

Simone Lovelace

Yup. I also vote to ban MRAL until he stops referring to women in general as “bitches”. Mostly because his style of trolling is getting boring, and making me almost miss NWOslave. But also because he deserves to be banned.

Fatman
Fatman

I would argue against banning MRAL. He is a very unhappy person, and though it is unlikely he will listen to us we might as well try to enlighten him about feminism so that he might be able to enjoy the world more. Sure, he will probably never see how dropping the adversarial and hierarchical lens through which he views human interaction will make him happier, but it does not take much effort for us to try to help him.

The reading of blog comments was one of the factors that led me to feminism, I like having the opportunity to repay the favor, and he will probably stop reading if he is banned.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I am just tired of his calling MY ENTIRE GENDER a rude name.

If he wants to blather on about stuff but stops calling women that, fine. If not, he should be banned.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I should clarify since this is not my blog, *I think* he should be banned.

Amnesia
Amnesia

@Fatman

Honestly, though MRAL’s views are obnoxious, the reason some people want him banned is simply because he keeps referring to women in general as ‘bitches’. If he stopped that, most people here wouldn’t have a problem with him hanging around, even if we think his arguments are crap.

Fatman
Fatman

Fair enough.

AbsintheDexterous
AbsintheDexterous

Odd, I saw a site that called the MRM 4th wave feminism.

Scarecrow – Can you try to remember ANY details? Because I think that would be a hilarious read and I want to try and find it.

briget
briget

I nth at the very least redacting the bitch from MRAl’s statements. I personally don’t care if people call me a bitch because it’s a word that I own and therefore has no power over me as an insult anymore. However, it does demean women as a whole and I find it more unacceptable than the all dreaded c*nt.

briget
briget

also, law1204 thank you for the apology.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

I really don’t mind MRAL calling women bitches. I mean, it’s narrow-minded, ignorant and sexist… but I doubt anyone here expects more than that from him. I might care if a friend or acquaintance of mine called me a bitch, but MRAL is just some stranger on the Internet with a severe case of cranio-rectal disorder. Being bothered by his words is just giving him too much power – and it demonstrates to blog visitors who haven’t yet thrown in with either the MRM or feminism just what they can expect from the MRM’s self-styled ‘lieutenants.’

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Can we still use the word “bitch” ironically when paraphrasing MRAs?

Example:

MRA: (vile misogynistic tripe dressed up with a few ten-dollar words and poor historical analogies).

Me: Ah, so what you’re really saying is “bitches ain’t shit.” Good to know.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

To be fair, Elizabeth, he’s not calling all women bitches, just all women except fat chicks, who are beneath his consideration.

So, yeah, I’m not sure how that’s any better.

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

Sorry for the triple post, but on the subject of Lara Logan: I would imagine that the MRAs who trivialize her assault are the exact same guys who cringe at the thought of having a prostate exam.

Once again, it’s a failure of empathy–a problem is only a problem if it happens or could happen to them. Everyone else deserves what they get.

law1204
law1204

There’s a part of me that is fine with MRAL being allowed to fully display his utter assness for the entire world to see – there’s also the part of me that doesn’t deserve to be subject to the language of an abuser.

And I don’t think our words will have an iota of effect on him. Only a deep desire to change and years of therapy can help him; once a man’s moral system and sense of entitlement are as fucked as his, it is far beyond my ability to address.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

LOL. LOL LOL LOL. Me an abuser? Fuck you! It’s women who are the abusers, women who think it’s their God given right to spit on and kick down anyone who they please. Your entitlement and rampant assholeism astound me. Fuck you.