Uncategorized

The Road to a Bitch-Free Tomorrow

A Better Tomorrow, MRA style

Sometimes I don’t even have to leave my own blog to find wondrous examples of MRA loopiness at its finest. If you haven’t already, I urge you to take a look at the comments for my Be Aggressive! post from Saturday, where you will find a fellow calling himself Men’s Rights Activist Lieutenant making statements like this.

[T]he MRM movement is the road to a better tomorrow, a place in which men will be treated as human beings, and bitches will be no longer permitted to use men as objects. This is the most important fight in the Western world, in my opinion, and I have a high IQ.

Is he for real? For the sake of our common humanity, I hope not. For the sake of this blog, oh, I dearly dearly hope he’s real.

johnnykaje

Scott Adams? Is that you?

Sam L

You should listen to him. He has a high IQ and excelled in studies, classes and subjects.

Sam L

Also, to be fair, it used to only be the 2nd most important fight in the Western world, but it’s been promoted to number one since WE GOT OSAMA!

U.S.A!
U.S.A!
U.S.A!

Johnny Pez

Real MRA or parody MRA? It really is impossible to say.

Lydia
Lydia

Well, I’m a Mensa member, so you can’t be correct. There you go.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Is there a Poe’s Law that is specifically for MRA’s? After all, it is very difficult to make a statement so outrageous or misogynistic that the most extreme MRA’s wouldn’t agree.

Johnny
Johnny

My favorite part about that album cover is that the hand holding the chain is a dog’s.

Best movie ever.

I thought troll at first, but then he said things I didn’t imagine a troll would say, like his strange interpretation of Arthur Miller’s “Death of a Salesman.”

But really, it doesn’t much matter whether he’s a troll. He’s a social fact, and must be analyzed given our available knowledge. The fact that the rhetoric exists to create such a troll, if indeed he is, makes him an acceptable object of study.

2020
2020

Dear god if this guy managed rise to rank of Lieutenant within the MRA ranks it kinda makes you shudder to think what kind of messed up wrongness reigns supreme at the very top of the chain of command.

Lady Victoria von Syrus
Lady Victoria von Syrus

Part of me really wants him to cough up an actual number for his IQ. Then we go find a feminist who’s got an IQ a couple points higher than his, and have her tell him what time it is.

Then watch his head go ‘splody.

kirbywarp

If he indeed had a high IQ, you’d of thought he would pick up on the fact that declaring “I’m smarter than you, therefore I’m right!” is in fact the absolute worst way to confirm your intelligence.

Shaenon

David, you didn’t quote the entire post!

I am smart. I have a high IQ. I’m ten times smarter than that dumbass Futrelle, and I have determined that the MRM movement is the road to a better tomorrow, a place in which men will be treated as human beings, and bitches will be no longer permitted to use men as objects. This is the most important fight in the Western world, in my opinion, and I have a high IQ.

If you cut out those crucial opening sentences, how will people know he’s smart and has a high IQ?

This was one of the guys I ended up feeling kind of bad for laughing at, assuming he’s for real, but what the hell, that thread is hilarious. What I learned:

1. Average middle-class white men, a.k.a. “omega males,” are the most horribly oppressed group in human history because they are unlikely to marry actual, literal supermodels.

2. The MRA movement will somehow fix this problem.

3. No fat chicks.

4. I have a high IQ!

Johnny Pez

Ric Ocasek is a white middle-class male with brown hair, the archetypal omega, and he married a supermodel. So, really, the Lootenant has no excuse.

briget
briget

and please explain my relationship, my bf has women hitting on him all the time at a school with a 6 to 1 male to female ratio. I am a beta female. I’m also one of those evil feminists who thinks that I’m equal to men. He actually treats me like a human being, he “degrades himself” by eating me out on an almost daily basis, and he actually listens to me when I talk. There are times when we have 4 hour mutual conversations with both of us actively talking, and completely lose track of the fact that it suddenly became 3 in the morning. Oh yeah we’ve also been together for quite a while now. So please tell me how this fits into the alphabetaomega bullshit.

Captain Bathrobe

This does seem to be a pattern for our MRA visitors: arrogantly insist that they are smarter than all us stupid feminists, refuse to seriously engage on any topic, then leave in a huff, still proclaiming their intellectual superiority. Of course, they all come across as entitled douche bags in the process–C students who insist on being given As, due to their supposedly high IQs.

I imagine this is the sort of thing women put up with every day: mediocre men insisting on their superior intellect simply by virtue having a penis. As a guy, all I can say is: I’m so, so sorry.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Hey fuck you man. When did I ever insist my intellectual superiority over WOMEN (I’m intellectually superior to most men and women) or say that it was by virtue of a penis (it’s not)?

As an MRA, I am egalitarian. Women are treated as equals. It is understandable that some of the bitches find this to be a shock after being pampered and treated as a God all their lives. They, ie you, might mistake equality as female inferiority, because we are so accustomed to female superiority. But tough cookies, bitch.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

It is okay CB. Have some bacon flavored jelly beans.

And if you really do wish to treat women as equals, MRAL, stop calling all of us bitches without just cause. No, being told you are not their type does not make them bitches. It just makes them sensible.

kodiak
kodiak

IQ does not equal intellectual superiority. This had bothered me pretty much forever. I was put in a program for “bright” kids back in the day. We were selected because we all had high IQs. It made no difference in “intellectual superiority”. What did make a difference was the willingness to study and apply yourself to the problems and projects put before you.

Intellectual superiority comes from developing your intellect, questioning whether you are reaching the correct conclusions, whether you are gathering all of the data necessary to make the analyses that you are making, and whether you are being intellectually robust and honest.

In the past few threads we have seen that MRAL is not willing to ensure that he remains intellectually honest. He is not willing to support his conclusions, he *is* willing to fall on the wrong side of Occam’s razor all too often, picking the stranger of the conclusions that could logically be drawn from a given situation, and demonstrating his inability or unwillingness to support his position with the necessary data/facts/figures.

tl;dr: intellectually superior? HA!

Yyyyyeah, an actually-smart person would know that your IQ, like any other tested quantity, mainly measures your ability to take IQ tests. (You don’t see me justifying every argument I make with “I got great GRE scores!”, for instance.)

It has a tenuous connection to your school success, even less to your workplace success, and absolutely none to whether your social model is valid. An actually-relevant trait to the latter would be how socially aware you are, and MRAL doesn’t even know how to make himself not sound like a complete joke.

He also still hasn’t coughed up his actual IQ score, although I’ll bet he’s a Mensan. He sounds like one.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

It doesn’t matter what my IQ is, it’s high. I won’t say because you femibitches will just latch onto that and claim yours are superior (even though I doubt one of you has an IQ over 90, including Futrelledick). By keeping it nameless I retain a shroud of alluring mystery.

By replying to something specific I said in my post, you’re proving that you read it and thus eliminating any possible justification for not replying to any of the actual criticisms I and others have made.

Kave
Kave

How does your “great IQ” work towards your lack of social skills?

You admit you lack ability to form relationships then claim to be superior. From a normal persons standpoint unless you’re a brilliant genius who will benefit all mankind by being locked in a lab the inability to connect with other humans makes you a loser no matter what your online test said.

Captain Bathrobe

People who constantly feel the need to brag about their IQs usually do so as a way of compensating. I won’t say for what, in order to maintain a shroud of alluring mystery.

God, I can’t even type that with a straight face. When it comes to entertainment value, you deliver sir! My hat is off to you!

Captain Bathrobe

Actually, MRAL, I said that you proclaimed your intellectual superiority to us feminists. “Feminist” is a term that can include men as well as women (exhibit A, me; exhibit B, the owner of this blog). I then likened this experience to what I imagine is a rather common one for women–having to listen to mediocre men hold forth on the subject of their own brilliance. It was a moment of empathy for me, and I felt moved to apologize on behalf of all malekind.

Your allegedly superior IQ apparently hasn’t helped your reading comprehension any. Ah, well: practice, practice, practice!

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

“I felt moved to apologize on behalf of all malekind”

FUCK YOU. You’re a self-loathing prick and a FUCKING traitor. Men do not need to apologize to women for ANYTHING. FUCKCUYOU.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

I am not afraid of posting mine, unlike that wimp known as MRAL. But Katz is correct regarding high IQ not translating into much more then proof you test well…mine is 165 and yet I have a terrible time expressing myself or being coherent at times.

Captain Bathrobe

“I felt moved to apologize on behalf of all malekind”

Ah. My work is done here.

Kave
Kave

If you had said superior intellect one of the first things you’d understand as you matured past 12 or so is that saying “FUCK YOU” on the internet or in life only makes you look like an idiot.

Not looking good regarding that superior IQ dude. In fact I’m starting to picture you reloading the page over and over again, and eventually falling down and beating your fists on the floor. Afterwards you’ll be asking your mom to make you a sandwich.

Your impression of David or my impression of you… which one is closer to the truth?

Elizabeth,

Not only are you smart, but you’re always there with the bacon. 😉

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Dang it, now I want a BLT.

chocomintlipwax

Men don’t need to apologize to women for anything! Because we’re all so equal, you see! And I guess by that token, women don’t have anything to apologize for either.

IQ is a funny thing. It only measures *potential* intelligence, and a lot of the times the tests are highly subjective based on who’s giving them. At my school there was one tester who thought the gifted program was evil and would score kids just below the threshold so as not to “subject” the kids to that (I’m not speculating–this actually happened, and I was one of the kids whose IQ mysteriously jumped when re-tested the next year). A dozen years later or so, one tester was giving CRAAAZY-high scores to everyone. As in, just about every kid who tested gifted was a geeeeeenius, but not really. No clue what was up with that.

And it’s been shown that socioeconomic status, nutrition, sleep, and all of that good stuff can affect outcomes.

On the one hand, as one of those people who could and continues to get through school with minimal effort, I do think there’s something to IQ. But at the same time, I’ve done way better in school at every level than my brother, who supposedly has a higher IQ than I do. And there was this one kid who was “gifted” but basically … Butthead. And he died a couple of years ago in a drug-related murder. I was unsurprised.

Shorter version: While IQ may have something to do with something, it may have fuck-all to do with anything.

Also, I’m smarter than MRAL, and that makes everything I say trufax.

kirbywarp

Oh hai MARL. You is back! How did I guess?

If you really wanna compare penis sizes, I took an IQ test once and scored in the 130s-140s. Wanna argue now that your “high IQ” is making you somehow see past they grimy, parasite-invested exterior of the MRM to see some sort of gem?

kirbywarp

And of course chocomintlipwax (… awesome) is right, in that IQ is not a valid test for anything, even though scores are somewhat correlated with something.

I’d like to also point out how wonderful your own words can be:

“As an MRA, I am egalitarian. Women are treated as equals.”

Actually, and props I suppose, you are being consistant this time. Women are treated as equals, by being labeled under the same absurd and degrading labels as you wish to label men. So, I guess we should applaud you for being an equal-opportunity bigot?

“For women it kind of is who’s hot and who’s not. For men, it’s more complex- an intersectionality of strength and height and attractiveness and social charisma, who can be the most well-liked and get the most pieces of ass.” – MRAL describing the Greek Hierarchy

Noooope.. Never mind. You’d think that a true egalitarian would measure Men by their looks alone as well (or, you know, judge women by more than just a subjective 10 point scale).

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant
Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Don’t shoot the messenger. It is what it is.

BTW, Bathrobe, you’re a disgrace. You are a mess, a disgrace to the penis. Just get a sex change you self-loathing mangina feminist apologist.

Ymata
Ymata

MRAL, doesn’t money come into it as well? You say that for women only looks matter, but surely a woman who is a millionaire would be more powerful than a poor woman?

kirbywarp

See.. that right there is exactly what exposes you to be NOT an egalitarian. You really will just say anything to try to make yourself seem intelligent, won’t you?

BTW, are you gonna admit that your whole “durr, I’s Smart!” thing was pure bluster, or are you gonnna admit that I, as your intellectual superior (:P) and a feminist, am right that the MRM is nothing but a big group of reactionary douches participating in a circle jerk of hatred?

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

Shoot the messenger? Of course not. Ridiculing and mocking you is so much more satisfying, plus you keep coming back for it! It’s like the gift that keeps on being an idiot! 🙂

Also, seconding the vote for bacon/BLTs.

kirbywarp

Mk, My last comment was of course towards MRAL: Ymata pulled an extraordinary ninja that bent time and space. Kudos.

I would love a blt right now… Bacon Lettuce Turkey obviously. 🙂

eilish
eilish

MRAL keeps talking about the MR revolution, but not what life will actually look like when “men will be treated as human beings, and bitches will be no longer permitted to use men as objects.”
He hasn’t expounded on the actions members of the MRM will take to achieve the revolution. Are they going to actually do anything, or will the massive weight of the repeated misspellings on The Spearhead lead to the inevitable collapse of civilsation as we know it?

I think we should have a poll: who is your preferred rep of the MRM, MRAL or forweg?

@eilish
See, MRAL is fun, and his endless writhings in the face of logic is amusing, but he tends to run off at the exact wrong time. Kinda kills the buzz. 🙁

I don’t know much about forweg, sadly, so its a tough call for me. I’d have to go with MRAL, if only to get him to actually take responsibility for the crap he posts.

If you want MRAs to actually DO anything, you’re out of luck. Somehow, instinctively, they know that if they have any public face whatsoever, their movement will crumble like a jenga tower after removing the wrong brick.

Pam
Pam

Did someone mention bacon?? Knew I’d find this place if I followed my nose!!

titfortat

This conversation with mral reminds me of the screaming kid at the mall and the parent talking it out with him instead of just leaving the mall. Very telling for sure.

jpf
jpf

Lol. Although I’m often surprised at how hilariously ridiculous MRAs can be, I’m calling troll here. There’s no way this guy is genuine.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Feminism: We do it for the bacon.

To keep it somewhat on topic, MRAL is probably against bacon. Or, at least, against women eating bacon. You see, men eating bacon is manly preparation for a day of manly endeavors. Women eating bacon are just trying to get fat to spite such manly men like himself. After all, women never eat bacon because, you know, they like the taste of bacon. That would just be logical, and you know us womenfolk are never logical.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

“The road to a better tomorrow”–it sounds like something from a commercial for GE or Proctor and Gamble. I couldn’t imagine the kind of hell an MRA’s ideal vision of the future is. Would men have ownership certificates for their wives and daughters? Would women be exiled after menopause, when they’re no longer “hot”? Would women be incarcerated for premarital sex, or for withholding sex from their husbands? Would it be impossible for women to file for divorce? Would domestic violence and rape be legalized? Seriously, what do MRA’s specifically want?

Avicenna

Feminism: We do it for the sausage (More innuendo = more fun!)

Again IQ is merely problem solving ability. Application is more important than raw IQ. I was told to have a low IQ as a kid growing up. Ended up on the higher end of the spectrum (158). It’s just application and drive. I assume IQ is like the engine on your car. Lots of power is nice but it should me matched with handling and fuel efficiency and other things that make it useful.

MRAL is however the disgrace to the penis. Man, if you claim to be the mature gender then stop whining and behave sensibly.

Captain Bathrobe

Ah, yes, I’m a “disgrace to the penis.” But which penis? There are so many. Could I not be a disgrace to them all? Or am I a disgrace to only one in particular? So confusing.

Oh, and I’m not a “feminist apologist.” I’m an actual feminist, albeit a male one. If you must insult me, please get it right.

Really, though, as I’ve explained to numerous other MRA commenters, comparing me to a woman–by calling me a mangina, or telling me to get a sex change operation–really doesn’t sting as much as you think it would. Simply put, I don’t regard women as being inferior, so there’s no shame in being compared to one. This is also how I know that you and your kind regard women as inferior–because you regard calling me a Big Girly Man as the ultimate insult.

Again, you’d think a guy with such an allegedly high IQ would have already figured this stuff out. Oh well, I suppose even Super-Duper Geniuses like yourself can still learn a thing or two from us of inferior intellect.

Captain Bathrobe

Seriously, what do MRA’s specifically want?

I think it depends on the MRA. Our buddy MRAL would probably define it, if he were honest, as “sex on demand with supermodels–and she’s got to pretend she likes it!”

Some of our older MRAs of the Peter Nolan stripe would define it as “revenge against all the bitches who have been keeping me down, especially my ex-wife.”

ozymandias

The last time my IQ was tested I was six, and mine was so high that they literally could not tell how high it was. I broke the test. 🙂

Of course, this means LITERALLY NOTHING.