cock carousel evil sex-having women men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny penises reddit

MGTOW: Women are “driving from town to town, jumping from cock to cock and getting guys to buy them food and gas”

By David Futrelle

“Van Life,” as I understand it, is a growing trend in which young and often quite photogenic people, er, live in vans — hence the name — and post a lot of arty pictures to Instagram documenting their travels.

Over on the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit today some of the regulars are discussing the trend, which many of them see as very amenable to the MGTOW philosophy.

But some worry that the trend has gotten popular with the very women these guys say they’re going their own way from. So what’s the appeal to these women?

Cock, of course. Just listen to Beavis and Butthead here:

Van life is a growing thing with young retarded bitches. They will get in a van and tour the cocks around the drivable world.
Yeah because they don't need much money to do it. They just drive from town to town and jump from cock to cock and get guys to buy them food and gas.

Those sneaky, sneaky ladies!

But not all MGTOWs are opposed to the idea of “bitches” driving from city to city in an endless quest for geographically diverse dick. Even if the owners of said dick have to pay a little to get, er toured.

I mean, hell, if she can give a decent blowjob I would pay that. I don't plan on tossing my hot dog down her cavernous hallway but a blowjob is a blowjob.

Dude, I feel fairly safe in asserting that no one, not even one of those horny nomadic van ladies, wants to touch your gross MGTOW dick. Regardless of whether the van is in a state of motion or not, don’t go knockin’.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Crip Dyke
8 months ago

Ooh, Moggie, I remember To Build a Fire! That was brutal. I can’t remember for sure, but I think I also read that in school rather than on my own initiative.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
8 months ago

The hardest book I read while young was actually a comic.

Maus. Yes, the one that describe the concentration camps.

I had to hide myself reading it, because my mother was very much against it (I wasn’t 10 yet if memory serve well), but on the other end I absolutely needed to read everything because it was nauseating and fascinating. “So that’s why wars are bad !” was the message I got from them.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

I made the mistake of reading Maus on the train. As my stop approached book one ended and they arrived at Auschwitz. And tears were streaming down my face.

I blog about comics, and that’s on my “never tackle” list along with Watchmen, V For Vendetta and Promethea.

Paireon
Paireon
8 months ago

RE: Frugivores/fruitarians: Wasn’t being one what did Steve Jobs in because it made him develop/worsen a pancreatic cancer?

RE: Lobster King: Didn’t he go into rehab due to substance abuse caused by his inability to cope with his wife’s cancer or something? (I think there’s a bitter, ironic “fuck you” delivered by life straight to his philosophy there somewhere…)

His and his daughter’s Twitter accounts still see some activity, and the hypocrisy is still strong (because OF COURSE free speech is mainly under attack from the left, it’s not an excuse to propangandize utterly reprehensible ideologies, honest!); also, holy fuck does that all-red-meat “lion diet” look batshit. Wonder how healthy she’ll be two decades from now (if she doesn’t cheat like over half of those dietmonger quacks). I’m guessing it can work for some very specific people, like the keto diet or the gluten-free diet, but that most who practice them are not helping anything or even engaging in potentially harmful behavior (maybe it actually works for her though, who knows; still stupidly irresponsible to sell it to absolutely everybody).

And that diet would be boring as fuck; red meat, especially beef, lamb, venison and comparable fare are to me, with the slight exception of ground meat, mostly treats/luxuries, for when you go out or have big family/friend meals or other special occasions, and eating it every day, every meal would seriously reduce their appeal, as anything else, especially since everything else seems to takes a backseat or just disappear. Besides the crazy expense (even “cheap” cuts of non-pork red meat like blade roasts are damn expensive these days), I think anyone who follows this blindly falls into the classic trap of “well it’s good for this person so it’s good for anybody!” that’s so often seen.

In fact, I’d hazard a guess that it’s basically a variant on the keto diet given its contents (no carbs, little to no veggies, mostly fat, protein and salt-rich foodstuffs). Oh, and as a bonus, the “Lion Club” thing looks like a one-way ticket to Cultsville. I mean, seriously? “Daily Contact With Mikhaila”? “A Private Support Group”? “Exclusive Semi-Annual Meetups” (paid, of course, and “run in cool locations all over the world (think castles and jungles, of course)”? Why, that doesn’t sound like a dubious scam cult thing at all! (All the stuff in parentheses is literally copy-pasted from her site, BTW) And that second “photo” of her onthe webpage is, well… Anyone familiar with the “Uncanny Valley”?

And yeah, most of the pre-Star Wars previews look like trash, but I completely agree that Call of the Wild looks like easily the most schlocky of the bunch. That FUCKING CGI dog… Harrison Ford and his mumbling mug also look a bit too geriatric for the lead human role (is that ageism to say that)?

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@varalys

V for Vendetta is the only Alan Moore comic that I truly enjoy. I recognize the man’s genius, but the rest of his work has no emotional pull for me. Ironically, I like the movie Watchmen a lot – I actually think the movie ending of Watchmen is far better than the comic ending, honestly.

My near-fatal teenage literary mistake was reading Brave New World, immediately followed by 1984, immediately followed by The Handmaid’s Tale. By choice.

Weirdly, I didn’t have much of an external reaction to it all until I finished the next book in line, Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern, which had just come out and which I read to try and get myself out of the emotional morass I put myself in with those three back-to-back. I spent nearly a full day sobbing my throat raw after I finished it.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
8 months ago

I am tempted to say it’s not ageist since it’s based on his apparence compared to what he play more than his actual age.

His performance in The Force Awaken was pretty cool, but man did he look out of place. I actually have made respect for him looking closer to 60′ than to the 72 or 75′ he had*, but he still felt like he was out of place.

* I mean, as much in behavior / speech pattern as in actual physical age. Makeup artists help the appearence, but the actor sell the age.

@Paireon

if she doesn’t cheat like over half of those dietmonger quacks

I’m guessing she is cheating. She’d be in much worse health if she wasn’t.

As if Peterson wasn’t culty enough. The difference between Peterson and Molyneux’s cults are that Peterson’s cult appears to have found him first before he started consciously running it, while Molyneux originally set out with the intention to form a cult with all the “deFOOing.” Regardless, both are very culty and kind of creepy.

@Gaebolga
I read Brave New World when I was 10 years old over the summer and really didn’t understand the sexual aspects of it. It wasn’t until years later that I understood it and realized how it probably affected my sexual development.
That same summer I read Animal Farm and The Giver (aka 1984 for kids). I was feeling quite down by August.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

If you want some diet based entertainment go to reddit.

There’s r/carnivore and r/zerocarb, both only eat meat, dairy and eggs.

For some real lost souls, try r/rawzerocarb for people who only eat their meat, dairy and eggs uncooked.

I’ve managed to get banned from all of them for creative trolling, but seriously most of it is them complaining about lacking in energy. Complaining about pooing. Either they never do, or their liver stops being able to process the high fat content and they start passing raw liquid fat. And lots of bogus science to excuse why their LDL cholesterol is so high and how that’s actuallly good for you.

Seriously hilarious stuff. As I sit smugly on my throne of soy.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Weird Eddie:

regarding movie remakes in general… have the screenwriters simply run out of new ideas?

No, the screenwriters have lots of new ideas, but the big money sources generally only want to pay for things that they are certain will sell. Remakes have (in theory) a guaranteed audience.

There’s a reason why a lot of the new ideas either come out of smaller studio operations or are being run by big name directors who have enough clout of their own that they can convince people to pay for things on spec.

@Gaebolga:
I’ve got a friend who agrees with you that the Watchmen movie ending made more sense than the comic book ending.

A different friend once (jokingly) suggested a dystopia movie night of 1984, A Clockwork Orange, and Brazil (the original ending). Unsurprisingly, nobody took him up on it. Granted, the same friend used to claim that Brazil had a happy ending: after all, the protagonist managed to escape in the only way available.

rv97
rv97

@varalys the dark

I wonder why they want to avoid vegetables? Do they really want to own vegans and vegetarians that bad by eating like cats? Do they think foraging for plants is something only women should do?

I am someone who doesn’t like vegetables and would almost always choose a meat-based diet since I’m quite a fussy eater, but my parents weren’t stupid enough to deny me vegetables (even if there are certain things they’d not agree with the left, owing to them, like the rest of many people in the Philippines, being very religious and from religious backgrounds). Heck, they’ve even attributed a poor diet (of almost exclusively meat) as to why one of my relatives died so soon just less than half a decade after I moved to the UK with them.

I also think that veganism should be the standard for a human diet to reduce the impact of the climate crisis and to save more animal lives. So far, I haven’t transitioned to a vegan diet because I’m not paying for my own food and sometimes I would prefer to eat free food. As mentioned before, I am also quite a fussy eater too, and I would prefer vegan-friendly food if it were prepared quite well. Vegetables alone or vegan-friendly food that doesn’t look different from its original ingredients just don’t seem filling or satisfying to me, partly because of how my parents have prepared such food loaded with vegetables.

@varalys

Both of those sound quite unpleasant.

How much of this carnivore diet/zero carb stuff is motivated by toxic masculinity and the idea of meat as a masculine food? Maybe they think their bowel problems are the mark of being a manly man.

I’m a vegetarian and even before that I never ate much meat (kosher meat is expensive). To me an all-meat diet just seems very unusual and expensive.

ObSidJag
ObSidJag

@Jenora:

a dystopia movie night of…A Clockwork Orange…”

I actually experienced something like this. Years ago, we had a theater called The Granada, which was something like an art house theater, & they would often run thematic double bills, say, 4 example, The Sound of Music” & South Pacific.

Well, I went with a friend to see “Blade Runner” (the director’s cut) & “A Clockwork Orange.”

We took to calling that excursion the “Come and See the Violence Inherent in the System” night…and I was shell-shocked 4 days.

I think the Granada still exists but has become more like a Movie Studio Grill type set up, which is a darned shame.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

The people posting generally do seem to be men. I know we don’t internet diagnose but there is a thing called “orthorexia” which is a complete obsession with food, and the carnies are some of the most obsessed I have ever seen. They have a terrible fear of carbs, carbs are the devil, carbs will make you fat. Plants have anti-nutrients and will tear your insides apart. Get your energy from fat, the ideal seems to be 70% fat to 30% protein ratio. And it fun aside, it’s a fucking immoral and despicable diet, it’s ridiculously expensive, makes you sick and the environmental impact is ridiculous.

And dangerous too, I got banned from r/rawzerocarb for pleading with a pregnant follower of the raw meat diet to get some folate. I really hope her baby will be OK.

ObSidJag
ObSidJag
8 months ago

Well, poot!!! Sorry about the grammar/punctuation epic fail on my previous comment.

That’s what happens when I try to post from my cell, dad drat it.

Pie
Pie

@Naglfar

Owning the libs by developing bowel cancer.

The next step is to fully embrace the primitive diet fad, and get horribly infested with worms. Soooooo manly. The romans did it. The vikings did it. Modern western society is barely afflicted by parasites in food at all, and look how weak it is. Obviously, the solution is worms. Flatworms, roundworms, tapeworms. Libs hate the thought of invertebrates burrowing through their flesh and organs, so it must be a good thing.

Crip Dyke
8 months ago

That’s what happens when I try to post from my cell,

Just wait for general recreation time and get one of the other prisoners to help you out with the editing.

@varalys

I’d be quite worried about that baby and the mother. Raw meat sounds like it will destroy your insides much faster than any carbohydrate. I’ve never eaten raw meat for any reason, but I can’t imagine the texture or taste being very good either.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

It’s all related to the ketogenic diet. Although glucose is the brains preferred fuel, which you get from sugars in carbs of course, by removing carbs you force your body to burn fat as you sole source of body fuel. You enter a state called “ketosis” which always sounds awful, I see people writing about “keto flu” and “keto crotch” etc. It’s a temporary weight loss fix and staying on keto long term has been linked to all sorts of fun kidney disorders, especially kidney stones.

The rawzerocarb bunch are on another level. They like to leave organ meat in jars for months to rot into slime, then they consume it and call it “high meat”. I’ve seen video of such consuming going on and well, if you ever need to lose your appetite, check them out.

epitome of incomprehensibility

There’s r/carnivore and r/zerocarb, both only eat meat, dairy and eggs.

So, This Exists (as the meme goes). But why???

Re books that are stressful – this fall I was tutoring a CEGEP (college) student doing a course on Comics as Literature and the books were Maus, Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid in the World, and Watchmen.

I don’t think I helped him with the first essay as much as I could because the book made me anxious. And usually I’m not affected by the content of books, either mine or my students’ (e.g. Song for Night and 1984 are brutal but the SF elements make them less…immediate, I guess). And I read Maus before!! But this time, I’d just tutored another student in 20th-century history and two of the WW2 projects gave me lingering worries, specifically an essay about whether the atomic bombs were justified (whatever you think, the whole thing is terrifying) and then a powerpoint about the Holocaust.

Oh yes, and that made me wonder whether anyone from my cousins’ family was there; this was before I knew. Her great-grandparents were able to escape Poland, I think I mentioned that in another thread.

ANYWAY. When I was in class with the student I saw the book and was all, “No, no, that’s the last thing I want to look at now.”

I think I’m more affected by real vs. not real things? Same with movies.

Watchmen has all this nuclear war symbolism & content, but what I found happier to contemplate were the two small references to electric vehicles. I might write about that on Twitter later.

Lastly, I’m glad I was introduced to Jimmy Corrigan; I read the whole thing! It’s difficult in another way, as it’s kind of surreal and the pictures can be tiny sometimes, but I think it can function as a kind of antidote to the incel mindset. The main character starts off like a stereotypical “loser” type who’s shy about speaking with women and has parent issues, but the story shows that a bitter mindset just fucks him up further and a compassionate one works better.

It’s not that it has a super happy ending, either with romance or family, but it’s kind of hopeful, if that makes sense.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@varalys

Seriously hilarious stuff. As I sit smugly on my throne of soy.

Thinking about people doing that to themselves, voluntarily, makes me want to cry/scream/throw up. Possibly all three at once. Those folks seriously need help, IDK how you can find their disordered eating hilarious.

Seriously, fuck eating disorders.

@varalys

I’ve gone into what I think was ketosis (I had the symptoms described) unintentionally while fasting and it is not pleasant. Would not recommend.

That’s disgusting. How do they not get all manner of diseases from eating rotting meat?

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

@Katamount,

I’ve read Call of the Wild. It’s a grim work of literature. Maybe not Heart of Darkness grimdark, but a work for children it is not. Lotta death in that thar book. Dogs kill dogs, humans kill dogs, humans kill humans, dogs kill humans. How it ever became a “family film” property I have no idea.

Probably the same way its spiritual sequel White Fang also became a “family film” property, ‘a boy and his dog’ division. The main character in both are dogs, kid stories usually have animals as the MC, ergo they’re both kids books.

(For those who’ve never read WF, it’s the story of a wild half-wolf who slowly leaves the wild ways of the Yukon for a quieter life in the lower 48 states. And there are no teenage boys, white or otherwise, involved in the parade of humans that owned him. As I recall it, London was quite sympathetic to the Native guy who started Fang’s domestication and his eventual ruin, as well as making parallels between Fang’s puppyhood and the criminal who shows up at the end to kill everyone. But apparently all that stuff isn’t good enough to make an interesting kids movie with, so….)

Btw, speaking of Brazil, can someone describe for me what was done for the network TV version that destroyed the movie’s ending? Because from what I recall all anyone had to do to give it a Hollywood Happy Ending was cut off the last scene. But I also get the impression that a lot more editing was done to the ending then that. So does anyone remember what was done? Please and thank you? :3

varalys the dark
8 months ago

@Naflgar: They do get sick. Like there is a dude called Sv3ridge who likes to “protest” vegan events by eating raw squirrels etc. He got a severe life threatening infection from raw bone marrow which required hospitalisation. There is another dude big in the carny crowd called Frank Tufano, every other video he puts up seems to be complaining about various fungal infections, candida, projectile vomiting and so on. Very lovely.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@epitome

In the graphic novel it’s explained that electric cars are standard in Watchmen-verse because Dr. Manhattan can make rare earths pretty much at will, so there’s no shortage of catalysts etc.

@varalys
I hope for their own sake that they realize that what they’re doing is harmful and stop.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

Sv3ridge and Frankie have like 50-70,000 followers on Youtube. Patreons etc. They won’t be stopping anytime soon. Sadly. And there are plenty more smaller carnie channels about.

(although Sv3ridge is a big dirty cheat, he juices mangoes to ward off scurvy, so he’s a massive fucking hypocrite).

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Naglfar

It’s technically fermented, that’s why they seal it up in jars. It’s a similar principle to Hákarl. It’s perfectly edible, though beyond me why anyone would want to.

@Dalillama
That makes more sense. I had a mental image of a rotting steak in a jar rather than fermentation. I know about Hákarl, but it still seems like something I would never eat even if I wasn’t a vegetarian. IIRC Anthony Bourdain said it was the most disgusting thing he ever ate.

varalys the dark
8 months ago

Another terrible thing I saw was Frankie boy making chicken “noodles”. He put a bunch of raw chicken in a blender and made it into a paste. Then put the paste in a piping bag and squeezed it out into a pan of boiling water so the chicken instantly cooked and made noodles.

I mean points for creativity I guess, but just eat some fucking pasta!

Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure
Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure
8 months ago

@Viscaria: You’re not the first person I know of to have such a visceral reaction to my love of mayonnaise!

Snort!

Re:Books

I never did read the Dragonrider series, I occasionally wonder if that was a mistake. I did read her Crystal Singer series and I love it!

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

@Jesalin,

Depends on how you look at it. The Pern books have held up fairly well, I think, but be warned that McCaffrey did use some toxic romance tropes in there, especially early in the series. And that she had some odd ideas about gays, but they are treated as sympathetic characters too, with their own stories. So I guess…fairly progressive for it’s time (60-70’s), maybe?

I like dragons and fantasy, so I like the books. There’s an interesting world there, at least in my opinion, so I’m willing to put up with its faults. So far as I’m concerned the faults aren’t baked into the worldbuilding, so a good reform movement or two can change things for the better. Ymmv, ‘natch.

tim gueguen
8 months ago

As far as films go remakes have been around forever. The Chuck Heston version of The Ten Commandments could be called a remake. Not only did Cecil B. DeMille direct both the 1923 and 1956 versions the 1956 version includes scenes that are near shot for shot duplicates of scenes in the 1923 version, and featured set pieces that duplicate those used in the original.

What we think of as franchises aren’t new either. Charlie Chan is a classic example, starting out as a character in a book series, spawning a success movie series, comic books, cartoons, radio, and TV series.

Pink Haired Old Lady
Pink Haired Old Lady
8 months ago

It’s been years since I read them, but I always thought of Call of the Wild and White Fang as companion novels: Buck goes from domestic dog back to the life of his ancestors, and WF moves from the wild to domesticity.

I don’t normally think like a literary critic, but this thought has been with me since reading a paperback containing both when I was about 12.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss
8 months ago

I enjoyed the pern books, and I really liked some of her other books like Sassinak. Admittedly, it did suffer a little from the lack of dragons.

I started with the Dragonsinger trilogy back in middle school, which was a pretty decent place to jump in. Shorter books that set up the premise well without being beat over the head with the world building, which might happen if some poor soul decided to start with Threadfall or the Wyrs of Pern.

I finally started cataloging my bookshelves. Anne McCaffery, Mercedes Lackey, and R.A. Salvatore kind of take up a disproportionate number of titles…

(Books are more fun to talk about than constipation, so forgive the book “HEY I KNOW THAT AUTHOR” arglebargling)

Fabe
Fabe

@contrapangloss

yeah the Haperhall books a more gentler way to enter the pern series then the original ones. I think I started with Dragonsdawn myself.

Mrs Morley
Mrs Morley

Re : Pern

I read the first trilogy when it came out. I liked two things : the dragons, and a heroine who was busty.

Then I stopped being as interested in Pern.

Re : Call of the wild

My father read us a lot of Ernest Thompson Seton as well as Jack London. Seton opens with “Every wild animal biography is a tragedy.” All his wild animal stories end miserably.

As a kid, I didn’t know animal stories were supposed to be cheerful.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Weird Eddie : thinking back about it, I am a bit annoyed by you saying :

(dunno blockquote here)

aw, fuck it, folks, the original story was a one-dimensional gloss that read like it was written by a ten-year-old, the story was tired and had been done a hundred times just in the FILM era….

What made it popular was… well, first, THAT STORY IS STILL VERY POPULAR, and two, the special effects.

I have two issues here.

The first one is that I feel like that Star Wars wasn’t successful *just* by random luck. It was a gueningly well done movies, and the following two just as well done. That remind me of the critique at the time saying that it was a kiddie film because it’s sci-fi. It’s not because it’s a lighthearted, heroic saga that it’s easy to do or badly done.

The second one is that I feel that it also make criticism of all thoses films vastly harder, and have left some (other than you) people to say “well, they are all equally bad”. Which is not true.

If we are able to discuss and criticize work of the pasts who are arguably just as silly and nonsensical, like the Odysseus, I think we can give a bit more of a place to Star Wars. Even if George Lucas probably isn’t as good as Homer :p

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Mrs Morley:

One of my great-grandfathers wrote adventure stories in the 1920s and ‘30s; one of his books was a pretty good collection of stories mostly from the PoV of various wild animals, while an arc about the foreman of a gang of CPR workers plays out in the background. One of the wolves comes to a not only tragic but extremely gruesome end; some of his hybrid offspring become a dogsled team.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Ohlmann:

Yeah, one of my pet peeves is people saying things like “Well what do you expect of a trashy action movie/romance/comedy,” etc. Those genres all arguably require more technical skill, clever writing and good acting than straightforward drama—it’s possible with a heavy drama to pass off boredom as profundity, but the audiences for comedies, action or romance come expecting to be entertained, and have no patience if they’re not made to laugh, gasp or cry.

Mrs Morley
Mrs Morley

@Moon Custafer:
That sounds like the sort of thing my parents would have read to my brother and me – and we’d have loved it.

If there’s a way to point me towards it that’s comfortable to you, I’d be very interested in reading his stuff now.

Paireon
Paireon
8 months ago

RE: That jar-fermented “high meat” crap: Eeeuuuuuurrrgh. Now I don’t mind forgetting my breakfast at home so much because this made me lose my appetite. And I say that as someone who enjoys a good raw carpaccio/tartar steak (and sushi) once in a while, as well as giblets/offal (I.E. organs; yummy yummy liver), and fermented food (sauerkraut, kimchi, yoghurt and sour cream, etc). Also, really you’d think that with all the digestive and other bodily/health problems their diets cause them, they’d wise up to how crap they are. In any case I’m pretty sure (no expert) that the keto diet IS useful for some things, but for a few years at most (in the case of young epilepsy sufferers IIRC at least), and that making it a whole lifestyle long-term is a terrible idea, except maybe if you’re an Inuit (not like they had a choice, and their bodies likely adapted over the centuries).

RE: Books: My earliest “adult” novel read was Lord of the Rings when I was ten, so nothing really mind-blowing/life-changing (I already was a huge fantasy fan then) though the ending was quite melancholic. Incidentally I became atheist at the same age, probably not something Tolkien would have approved of. In any case my current mindset was probably more influenced by the news than by my literary choices during my formative years; I was an adult by the time I tackled Orwell and Huxley, and was quite used to humans being bastards by then.

And I probably would enjoy Seton more than most animal story writers, as “happy” animal stories usually strike me as hollow, cheap and infantile pandering, and I’ve been like that since I was a wee tyke (I have a very special place of loathing in my heart for the “animal plays human sports real good” comedy subgenre; fuck Air Bud), the possibly sole exception being The Adventures of Milo and Otis, possibly due to not overly humanizing its animal characters (if you do that you better have a damn good reason to do it, and not just use it for positive traits/feel-good bullshit). I really enjoyed Antarctica (incidentally also a Japanese movie) for those same reasons, methinks. In a similar tack I really should read Watership Down and Plague Dogs sometime, although not when I feel depressed obviously.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Mrs Morley:

Unfortunately AFAIK all his stuff is long out of print, though you can keep a eye out for the name Samuel Alexander White in used bookstores, I guess.

The animal-story collection is rather hilariously titled Man Scent (some of his other titles include Flaming Furlands and The Wonder Strands). As usual, racial stereotypes common in the period are apt to crop up, etc

I just googled “Flaming Furlands” and Grandpa White apparently rates a mention in this article (scroll down to the bottom).

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Moon Custafer
This the right fellow?

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

That’s the one!

I also discovered recently he left an unpublished memoir called Wild Editors I Have Known.

Mrs Morley
Mrs Morley
8 months ago

Thank you @Moon Custafer and @Dalillama!

Genjones
Genjones
8 months ago

I recently was reading a comment thread where a carny was having a heated argument with a vegan and saying that vegetables and pretty much everything except meat was toxic and gut destroying, and describing their symptoms every time they contaminated their diet. Like, I dunno pal, sounds like you have some weird problems because that doesn’t happen to most people.