alt-right cerno irony alert literal nazis matt forney men who really shouldn't be making movies men who should not ever be with women ever oppressed white men

Matt Forney raves: Mike Cernovich’s documentary Silenced is a “mediocre … slog!”

Forney and Cernovich at the LA premiere of The Red Pill, partially bankrolled by Cernovich. Click on the pic to see an even scarier version.

The 4th quarter 2016 We’ve Got a Bigger Problem Now WHTM pledge drive continues! If you appreciate the blog, please donate what you can! THANKS!

Racist baby impersonator Matt Forney has said some ridiculously positive things about Mike Cernovich in the past, declaring the alt-right fellow traveler’s Gorilla Mindset book to be

one of the most life-changing books you can buy … a must-buy … you can’t afford not to buy Gorilla Mindset. … Click here to buy Gorilla Mindset.

Forney was nearly as happy to recommend Cernovich’s followup, MAGA Mindset, declaring it a “must-read” for anyone wanting to turn themselves into a miniature Trump.

This enthusiasm has not carried over to the Cernovich-produced documentary Silenced, a film profiling a number of the noisiest silent people the world has ever known, from Dilbert creator and Dunning-Kruger poster boy Scott Adams to internet bully/journalist Milo Yiannopoulos to Cernovich himself.

It seems like Silenced would be right up Forney’s piss-drenched alley. But he doesn’t seem to have enjoyed it very much. In a review on Right On — “an online resource for the rising True Right of Europe” — Forney makes clear that the film is not as good as CATS and that he won’t be seeing it again and again.

Silenced is dragged down by its sluggish pacing, weak direction and questionable editing.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to get blurbed on the movie posters.

Silenced has no narration and little music, meaning the only thing to guide the viewer are the interviews, making me feel like I’m on a guided tour of Mammoth Cave and Ranger Rick is taking a nap instead of doing his job.

I’m not exactly sure what the hell Forney is talking about here, but I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to be complimentary.

At times, Silenced feels like Jordan Owen’s cut of The Sarkeesian Effect, a film so wretched that watching it gave me a throbbing headache.

Yipes.

Amazingly, even after this, Forney gives the film a thumb’s up, albeit a thumb’s up of tiny Trump-fingered proportions.

The final product is still worth watching, but you’ll need to steel yourself to make it to the end. … its direction and editing make watching it more of a slog than it should be.

Silenced: A badly directed snoozefest that may just give you a throbbing headache! Christmas fun for the whole family!

Becky Hopkins

Part of me wants to watch a drunken marathon of Silenced, The Red Pill, and either cut of The Sarkeesian Effect next time I feel particularly masochistic.

The other part of me fears for my liver.

RosieLa
RosieLa

@Becky ~ perhaps surprisingly, I’d be down for that.

Cat Mara

@Becky:

There is a drinking game in there somewhere. A terrible, terrible drinking game.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Or at least a Mammotheer version of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 meets Rocky Horror. 🙂

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Due to potential bad genetics, I don’t drink. If it were legalized here, though (and if I were old enough), I’d definitely smoke a blunt.

Bina

That Chinese-tapestry landscape on either side of Forney’s snout is weirdly entrancing. And Cerno looks like either he’s on drugs, or the computer that enhanced him was.

Maybe both.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Troubelle

’tis what I’m doing. Really helps with the pain that starts to creep into my brain everytime Forney opens his mouth.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Sinkable John

You do you, man. I have no idea where to get any, and my Mom would not be happy if she caught me. Plus, I’d rather spend my current money on cosplay materials. (Dad would still be unhappy, but he’s said that if/when it’s legalized, he plans to use it himself.)

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Well I got it to help with insomnia (only thing that works, too) but it’s also got perks, heh.

… now I just gotta move somewhere it’s legal.

I hear that with the unhappy parent. Had that with one – thankfully not the one whose house I lived at.

Heh. Got a 45 year old friend (well… more like drinking buddy) whose daughters went to junior high with me. I remember being 16 and smoking a few with him and his oldest daughter, who was my age. Funnily enough the fact that a lot of parents in that circle did that actually made it the safest place for us “kids”. Go figure.

(wonder if he still grows it…)

gijoel
gijoel

@Becky The only way to survive such a game would be to have a drink whenever something reasonable and sensible is said. Sadly, you’ll probably die of boredom instead.

History Nerd
History Nerd

So nobody learned from The Sarkeesian Effect that you can’t make a film with absolutely no experience and expect everything to go fine?

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective

Hey! Ranger Rick doesn’t deserve to be dragged into this mess of a movie! Leave the poor raccoon alone! >:(

Angry Since 11/09/2016
Angry Since 11/09/2016

I’m taking a wild guess here, but I take it that Matt Forney wasn’t profiled in this masterpiece and is terribly angry about not being recognized for his male whiteness….his claim to fame. He is male and he is white and he is angry. I’ve never seen or read about more unhappy people in my entire life. You would think they are being murdered systematically and plowed by jackhammers.

Weird (yeah, it CAN happen here) Eddie
Weird (yeah, it CAN happen here) Eddie

The igno-right thinks they are. But, in their defense, ANY group that once controlled 100% of everything and has been marginalized to the degree that they now only control 99.99% of everything….

ETA: (the above may contain sarcasm)

Chayanov
Chayanov

Forney’s facial expression always looks like some combination of overly tired and about to cry. Maybe he just needs a nap.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I’ve seen both Sarkeesian Effects. I would watch this too, but I don’t want to 1) give money to a nazi and 2) use my credit card info in this context.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Yes, the narration is what really stuck with me from Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

That and the cutting-edge graphics, of course.

Not sure what Mammoth Cave ever did to this idiot … ???

Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy

HE HUNTED THE MAMMOTH

Margaret Pless
Margaret Pless

I love that forney felt the need to specify Jordan Owen’s edit of the sarkeesian effect; as if Aurini’s version was superior despite being made of the same footage.

Shalimar
Shalimar

Forney and Aurini are friends. Despite occasional flashes of humanity, Jordan Owen doesn’t seem to have any friends.

Angry Since 11/09/2016
Angry Since 11/09/2016

ETA: (the above may contain sarcasm)

Hey, sarcasm welcome!

BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink
BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink

It’s fascinating watching their little cliques split apart and reform. They’re like bacteria.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

SFHC was right: I couldn’t tell them apart. It was only thanks to David’s “the one who’s impersonating a racist baby is Forney” comment that I was able to work out which was which.

Kat
Kat

OT

Small victories: San Francisco poised to recycle almost everything the material world spits out

Nah, it’s a big victory! And I’m so, so proud of my city!

Kat
Kat

@BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink

Ha, that’s true!

But your analogy goes only so far.

I have to speak up for the bacteria that culture my yogurt, kombucha, vinegar, and kim chee.

They are hard-working bacteria. Yes, they form cliques, but these groups are based on common interests (for example, some bacteria appreciate milk; some dig cabbage), not because they’re Mean Bacteria. They make our guts (and thus the world) a better place!

The manospherians, OTOH, are just jerks.

NicolaLuna - epic slut
NicolaLuna - epic slut

I love how whenever they make one of their ridiculous movies, the manosphere are all like “yeah, this is going to defeat feminism/SJWs!”

And then it comes out and even their friends can’t praise it because it’s so awful. Their incompetence is fascinating.

Latte Cat
Latte Cat

It seems like Silenced would be right up Forney’s piss-drenched alley.

I laughed more than I should have when I read that. Spat my tea everywhere. Lol

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

Hey, I’m actually quite sympathetic to this. He’s still a Grade A asshole, but one who had more guts than Milo in telling the truth about the grinding quality of the ‘film’ (I assume, I shan’t be watching it). Also I completely get the Mammoth Cave reference having been on a couple of guided tours of Mammoth Cave, it would kinda suck if the guide was not, y’know, guiding. On the other hand, I’ve been on unguided tours of big caves and they were great in a way that I’m sure this piece of work could never be.

But I think it’s probably more likely that Angry Since is completely on the money.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Kat!

comment image

Net-Zero waste by 2020?!? That’s incredible! I want to hug all you wonderful people down there! (Please form line to the right) I mean, sure, that doesn’t do anything about the millions of square kilometers of waste floating in the north pacific, but it’s an incredible achievement and really shows the huge dedication you guys have to actually making a difference. Thank you!

We should all weep, at the same time. This new processing facility that San Francisco is installing for this costs around $12 million. Every city on the continent could have equivalent facilities, virtually eliminating landfills, for a fraction of the American military budget. And doing this would create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, too. It would revitalize the world economy and create a powerful new American green industry base.

That’s what makes me so angry and so frustrated and upset over this. It’s so feasible. It’s right there, you guys. It’s just outside of the grasp of our fingertips.

Thanks for sharing, Kat.

Oh, and Forney, Cernie and whoever else can go suck eggs.

magnesium
magnesium

Hey David, did you see Vox Day is trying to get his followers to dox someone for criticizing his fragile nazi-ness
comment image

LindsayIrene

If anyone is in the mood for a good documentary, I highly recommend ‘Tickled’. A wild ride from start to finish.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

And they accuse us of having delicate feelings? Sheesh.

Lady_Zombie
Lady_Zombie

For your enjoyment – Matt Forney takes a pratfall whilst backing away from two very dangerous dudes as he films them. Still thinks he’s alpha.

Lady_Zombie
Lady_Zombie

Hmm, for some reason the link didn’t post. New computer so…

Richard Smith
Richard Smith

Regarding the “improved” appearance of the two in the photo…

I’ve been binge-watching Star Trek: Voyager, and recently saw an episode (just looked it up: s4e23 – Living Witness) where, over many centuries, the role Voyager took in a major conflict has been twisted almost beyond recognition. The photo brought to mind the exaggeration of Chakotay’s tattoo in the “historic” recreation.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

The final product is still worth watching

Only in altrightsville…