#gamergate antifeminism entitled babies mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA the c-word

MRAs and GamerGaters rejoice after Minecraft guy mansplains mansplaining, uses c-word

Markus Persson: Mansplaining intensifies
Markus Persson: Mansplaining intensifies

Another HUGE VICTORY for Men’s Rights! Some guy on the internet told a woman that the term “mansplaining” is mean to men! And then he used the “c-word” a couple of times!

At first glance, this might not be seen as the HUGE VICTORY that it truly is, men’s rights-wise, but get this! The guy in question is the guy who made Minecraft! A VIDEO GAME that LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE. Which makes his opinion on this subject really really super important, for some reason.

Naturally, the fellas who hang out in the Men’s Rights subreddit understand what a TRIUMPH this is for men’s rights. There are currently three posts on this WORLD HISTORIC EVENT in the subreddit’s top ten.

mansplainingred

Over in KotakuInAction,the main GamerGate hangout on Reddit, the regulars are if anything even more AWAKE to this monumental achievement for all mankind. They’ve got FOUR posts on it in their top ten.

mansplainkia

So let’s check out the Minecraft dude’s carefully reasoned argument, which he Tweeted out yesterday.

Jennifer Scheurle ‏@Gaohmee May 20 Let me make one thing perfectly clear: Mansplaining is a funny, but actually quite problematic and real issue. It silences women. 200 retweets 687 likes Reply Retweet 200 Like 687 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @Gaohmee No, mansplaining is a sexist term designed to silence men via gender shaming. RETWEETS 1,024

You can tell he’s totally right about this, and also quite BRAVE, because he got 3700 likes and retweets for it.

Persson went on to explain his PERFECT MANLOGIC in more detail.

Mikael Säker ‏@MikaelSaker 9h9 hours ago @notch @Gaohmee Wow. For real? You've never seen it happen to women? I have. Many times. 0 retweets 4 likes Reply Retweet Like 4 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @MikaelSaker @Gaohmee of course I've have seen that. I don't call it "mansplaining" any more than I call a car crash "womandriving". RETWEETS 142

Ha ha! Because this explainy thing that men do to women constantly but that women do to men pretty rarely is equivalent to calling car crashes “womendriving” because, ha ha, women can’t drive and are responsible for 90% of all car crashes no wait, that’s not even remotely true; the demographic group that is responsible for far more than their share of accidents is teenagers.

When one Twitterer suggested it might perhaps behoove him to listen to women on this issue, Persson quickly saw through this MISANDRIST OPPRESSION of men who want to talk pretty much constantly.

Gordon ‏@gordonzaula 13h13 hours ago @notch @thegreaterpoop @Gaohmee that’s not an advice, that’s the way I see my militantism. My only advice should be “shut up and listen” 0 retweets 5 likes Reply Retweet Like 5 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @gordonzaula Nobody should EVER "shut up and listen". RETWEETS 30

Gordon ‏@gordonzaula 13h13 hours ago @notch mansplainism currently prevents women from talking freely. In order to balance speech, those w have most of it have to listen instead 0 retweets 4 likes Reply Retweet Like 4 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @gordonzaula so you're going to use the term "mansplaining" to prevent men from talking freely? RETWEETS 17

Actually, Mr. Persson, as I have learned from years of doing this blog, there is no possible way to shut up men who want to inform you at great length of their opinions about feminism and what women are doing wrong. You can ban them from your comments, sure, but some of them will keep trying to post comments for months if not years afterwards.

And certainly Mr. Persson felt no need to shut up. Instead, he kicked his MANLOGICAL STEM LOGIC up a notch by unleashing the ultimate tool in the MANLOGICAL STEM LOGICKING toolkit. I refer, of course, to the c-word.

Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch Markus Persson Retweeted Harriet Stop #cuntfusing the issue by dismissing my words with a derogatory term about my gender.

Here he applied the MANLOGIC STEM LOGICKING directly:

Margaret Pless ‏@idlediletante 10h10 hours ago Manhattan, NY @CranBoonitz @notch is a dick 0 retweets 8 likes Reply Retweet Like 8 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @idlediletante @CranBoonitz and you're a c*nt.

But don’t worry, gals! He’s totally got your back! He’s an EQUALITYIST who’s all for equality between the genders and not for sexism at all!

Our Lady of Perpetua ‏@WismerTrashCry 10h10 hours ago @notch @Gaohmee holy. shit. you've gone full MRA. 1 retweet 11 likes Reply Retweet 1 Like 11 More User Actions Follow Markus PerssonVerified account ‏@notch @WismerTrashCry @Gaohmee no, I'm for equal rights and against sexism. Mansplaining is an inherently sexist term, used by sexists. RETWEETS 81

Huh. Apparently being into “equal rights and against sexism” requires one to go around calling women the c-word, which is TOTALLY NOT SEXIST because sometimes men get called “dick” which is TOTALLY the equivalent of the c-word., I mean it’s not like the c-word is widely considered the worst possible insult in the English language or anything.

Luckily, we have a KotakiInAction commenter called DaedLizrad to Gatersplain to us why it’s totally ok to refer to women with that special word.

Why is calling a man dick acceptable but dropping the c-bomb(seriously your too cowardly to use the word outside a quote?) is so reprehensible?

Its likely to be because of gynocentrism, even if you feminists refuse to accept(or even entertain the possibility) that society cares more about women than men you cannot convince me that feminists, both female and male, don’t clearly value women more than men, that is why treatment of a woman in the same exact way as a man is considered more abusive, because you don’t care about men as much as women.

You sit there and defend a sexist word designed to shame men for speaking to women about any topic, it is only used to tell men to shut up, like it was being used to there against Notch.

You sit there using and excusing gendered slurs against men while clutching your pearls screaming “think of the women” to the same treatment aimed at women, you feminists are all gynocentric and you c*nts can f*ck right off with your double standards.

Meanwhile, fellow KiAer Saddex took a moment of his time to let us in on what “mainsplaining” ACTUALLY is:

The thing with mansplaining is that, just with religion, it’s an unfalsefiable hypothesis. There is really no way to prove that it’s actually a real thing. Sure, might be a couple of assholes out there, but isn’t that same with women as well? Are you sure that if a man, or woman talks condescending to you, that it must be because of your gender? What about your personality, or the actual context? Did you say something just before that would be considered stupid by other people?…

I am going to treat people who tries to convince me that mansplaining actually is real thing like I treat people who try to convince me that god is real. You can believe if you wish but I rely on proof, and the burden of proof lies on the believer. It’s so satisfying to know that these people act just like religious extremists, should be compared to those and that you can use very similar argumentation to debunk what they’re saying.

Yes, what better way to debunk those ladies who get mansplained constantly than telling them they’re irrational fanatics who are seeing things that aren’t there, and that they probably brought this totally imaginary thing on themselves anyway by being such, well, the c-word thing.

All in all, an outstanding victory for the forces of Men’s Rightness and Ethics in Guys Who Make Video Games Calling Women the C-word.

snork maiden

Dammit, I really love Minecraft.

@Scildfreja,

I read an article a while back about how miserable and lonely Persson is, because with all those millions his life has no meaning now. He bought the big house with all the toys and had the big party, and now he doesn’t know what to do with himself.

I found that sad and also seriously pathetic. Has he no imagination? The least he could do is fund a program to give grants to young game developers.

That he’s a budding MRA comes as no surprise. He clearly lacks any generosity of heart.

The term ‘mansplain’ is one I avoid using because it’s such a loaded term it risks derailing a debate, I’m currently sticking with ‘condescending’ and ‘patronizing’. I have met a lot of women who go in for it too, assuming they know more and talking over and down to me. Though thus far it does seem to be exclusively men who will explain at length upon subjects I know more about, and who don’t hear me when I try to contribute.

ian morris
ian morris

it was for the best that he stepped out of his role at mojang.

makroth
makroth

I never liked Minecraft anyway.

I Blame Myself
I Blame Myself

Thank god he doesn’t actually have anything to do with Minecraft any more. I can still play it without very slightly ashamed!

Sheila Crosby

I once had a man who didn’t speak Spanish correct my Spanish pronunciation. The same man once lectured me on the political atmosphere in Newcastle upon Tyne during the 1980s miners’ strike on the basis of reading an article in The Economist, while knowing perfectly well that I’d been living in Newcastle upon Tyne for the last 5 years. I’m just waiting for the day when he mansplains mansplaining to me.

Seshia
Seshia

I prefer to capitalize Mansplain because it’s not unique to men, it’s using a position of authority to explain someone’s own situation to them because they are living in a situation that lacks authority. It’s not just about men, it’s about The Man.

Honestly, saying that it’s something only men can do is kinda cringeworthy to me because white anyone can mansplain what racism does to anyone of color, and so forth. Sure, the sexist form of it is common, and I’m sure that’s how it got coined, but I do honestly see people using it for things like a professor explaining a student’s learning experience to the student, missing the fact that the student is male too.

Also, I am deeply sad that Notch has turned into such an asshole, I used to view him as one of the success stories of indy gaming.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@Iseult
Good old standby, patronizing. Forgot all about it. I think I prefer it, actually. Thx

@Olive
Dontchaknow? Unfalsifiable means, ‘I don’t wanna talk about it’. Also, why do these guys think that people saying it happens to them isn’t proof? It definitely is. Or is it only proof if it’s comes out of a beaker. Social SCIENCE, Saddex, it’s right there in the name

Re: Notch’s shit
The funny thing is he coulda come up with ‘miss-lead’ and saved himself. She’s missleading, see? It’s still patronizing as fuck, but it woulda kept the focus on the alleged sexism inherent to the term and provided a counterpoint of some dignity. Then again, the typa person who gets into Twitter shit about the word mansplaining in the first place is the exact typa person who jumps to gendered slurs at a moment’s notice
And another thing! Anyone who says they’re for ‘equal rights’ needs to leave. Earth, if possible. Guess what, Marky Markus? This isn’t 1972, and equal rights ain’t really the frontier anymore, bruh. Oh, but I’m sure women everywhere are glad to know that you’re for their rights. And only decades after they already basically won all of them. ‘Tell me what right men have that women don’t’, bros ask with a turgid smugness worn exclusively by those who, clearly to everyone but themselves, are completely oblivious to the conversation happening at the adults’ tablecomment image

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Double the fun considering he doesn’t know what it means, but will go head and explain at length anyway.

Kootiepatra

@Bryy

One of his followers just spent a good hour trying to convince me that mansplaining is as paralyzing as the fear of rape.

I just… wow. Props to you for handling that nonsense for a whole hour.

Okay, so the big obvious thing here is that being afraid of getting rebuked/mocked is nothing even close to being afraid of getting physically violated.

But leaving aside the wildly inappropriate comparison there, fear of being labeled a mansplainer is not paralysis. It’s basic common courtesy. Just like I’m “afraid” that if I go around calling people stupid poopfaces who should go jump in a lake, I will be labeled a jerk. Antisocial behavior has negative social connotations; go figure. Mansplaining (or any privileged ‘splaining) will put people off because it’s frikkin’ rude, and you should feel bad if you do it to people.

In terms of intersectional oppression, I sit pretty darn high on the privileged end of things. When I talk to my friends who are POC, if they start talking about racism and how it affects them, I am not scared that they will label me a whitesplainer–I’m scared that I will be a whitesplainer. If they label me as such, there is a near 100% chance that they’re correct. Them’s the breaks when you’re a privileged person trying to weigh in on a social phenomenon that your privilege by definition shields you from.

I, as someone who has never been on the receiving side of institutional racism, do not have meaningful expertise to lend to the people who have spent their entire lives dealing with it. It doesn’t mean that I’m never right about what I think and say; it doesn’t mean I never have anything of value to contribute to a discussion; but it means that I should not presume to lecture as if from a place of superior understanding. I don’t recognize racism at work better than POC do. I don’t understand the root causes of it better than they do. I don’t have a devil’s advocate position that they’ve never heard of or thought of before. And I certainly can’t assume to have greater knowledge/experience on any given subject (racism-related or not) just because of our respective skin colors. Whether I mean to or not, if I am constantly swooping in with “Well, actually” to POC, but never or almost never to white people, then I’m whitesplaining.

If fear of “whitesplaining” keeps me from speaking up, then good–my job is firstly and foremostly to listen and learn. That’s not paralysis. That’s decent-human-being-who-doesn’t-earn-a-cookie-ness.

“Mansplaining” doesn’t mean that men don’t get an opinion on stuff. It doesn’t mean that men are always wrong and women are never wrong. It means that if you’re a man trying to explain sexism to women, or if you’re trying to explain EVERYTHING to women in a way you don’t do to other men, you’re being a jerk to women, and need to knock it off. Being expected to not be a jerk is not the same as being silenced.

12432324
12432324

You’d think a billionaire would have more to do with his time than act like an asshole on twitter.

ej
ej

@Kootiepatra

I think this is the fundamental difference. Guys who complain about being called mansplainers don’t see mansplaining as a behavior that they need to change. They see it as an insult. If someone calls them a mansplainer, it’s because that person is trying to be mean to them. They don’t see it in a larger context where the person calling them out probably deals with similar situations all the time. They don’t see that they made a mistake and have the opportunity to change. All they see is “someone called me a name that I don’t like” and their response is to get defensive.

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

These stupid dicks realise that Dick is a name, right? Like cock is a male bird and prick is also a verb? Show me a euphemism for penis that’s on the same level as the c-word. One that isn’t a diminutive of a guy’s name or a cutesy made-up word.

EJ (The Other One)

@Kootiepatra:
comment image

Alan Robertshaw

You’ve probably all seen this already.

comment image

Moggie
Moggie

snork maiden:

If that’s true, and not, say, wishful thinking by people who resent his success (because Infiniminer), that shows a huge failure of imagination.

At the weekend, I signed up to N. K. Jemisin’s Patreon appeal, so that she can give up the day job and write full time. She smashed her target (yay!), but amongst all the squee I’ll bet she has fears: what if it doesn’t work out? Notch’s great wealth means freedom from that kind of fear. He could spend the rest of his life making cool stuff, and if it didn’t sell well, he could still sleep soundly on a massive bed made of money.

Pol

I have been mansplained to all my life by females and males. Their advice was very annoying and and almost always bad to take.

Just puttin’ their ideology onto ya. Uffg them!

So tired of judgemental egotistical people…

KafkaNoMore
KafkaNoMore

A “respected” person in any field should be able to explain his/her concerns with certain words/labels in a respectful and civilized manner.

The fact that he has to become rude and use the c-word in a twitter conversation just proves his lack of manners and lack of social skills. People that have manners and care about their education and reputation simply don’t behave like this. The fact that he resorts to such insults is a reflection of his own misery. He seems to be miserable and pathetic.

All these millions he made, instead of enjoying life, he insults people on twitter. Even I with my average income have better things to do in my life. I guess that money can’t buy everything.

I just have to add that you don’t have to have an education/reputation to not be rude and disrespectful in conversations, just a decent human being.

*It is also funny how a word can make a stemlogik-man, so angry, raged and emotional.

*I am glad that I never played minecraft

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Of course, people can use whatever terms they want, but I totally disagree that patronizing or condescending work just as well as mansplaining. The former isn’t gendered. The word mansplaining is very a much a gendered phenomenon. Women can be condescending. Men can have people condescend to them. Only men mansplain to women.

That some men get upset when they hear the term just means that it’s a necessary term to use. They wouldn’t get so angry if they didn’t know they were doing it. They aren’t pissed because it’s made up SJW lingo. They’re made because we’ve noticed men do this and don’t like it. They’re made because they don’t like being expected to modify their behavior in order to not be considered an asshole. Good. Let them be mad. Personally, I’m not going to stop talking about misogyny to protect delicate man feels.

Mysterious creature
Mysterious creature

How does making a block game make you an authority on anything, except maybe your block game?

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I think the Robot Hugs comic someone posted last page explains very well why mansplaining is gendered. I don’t care if people want to avoid the term, but I’m not cool with people using it to describe things that aren’t mansplaining. No, men can’t be mansplained to. No, women can’t mansplain. It’s not a synonym for condescending, people. Acting like it is diminishes the very real misogyny we experience. It’s not about individuals being condescending jerks, it’s about women as a group being assumed to have inferior knowledge and skills by men as a group.

Alan Robertshaw

‘Patronise’ has an interesting history. Originally it just mean the head of the family (pater familias) dishing out the family finances. Then it became anyone who gave out money and largesse to people (where we get ‘patron’ from).

An association developed with wealthy art patrons interfering with the works of their beneficiaries, even when they knew fuck all about art, and that’s where we get the other modern meaning from.

Eva Vavoom

So I wrote an article about this and I was waiting for @notch to introduce it by declaring his dicktatorship.

MANSPLAINING AND PC CULTURE

Hidden in this article is the declaration that mansplaining is a sexist term. I hid it really well because I like to know who can read and who can get really really really angry at stop words (our current discourse level).

Of course we are talking about someone who has influence over 3.7M people who are the minecraft-playing demographic. So if he does declare women cunts, then we women are cunts. We have attained peak cult personality society. People seem to be programmed by their key opinion leaders and very few have the cognitive abilities to focus on a text that is more than 1 paragraph.

booburry
booburry

WWTH – I wholeheartedly agree.

Pol

Men can be condecending. Women can be too. But…

Men can mansplain and women can too.

I have seen this. Althoufh let’s be honest. Men mansplain so much more than women do.

Pol

Men can be condecending. Women can be too. But…

Men can mansplain and women can too.

I have seen this. Although let’s be honest. Men mansplain so much more than women do.

@ pol

I don’t see how anyone other than a man can mansplain either in strict dictionary definition terms or as the word was envisaged by its original creator (which seems to be slightly different).

The ‘by a man’ bit seems to be integral otherwise we could just use existing words like patronise or condescend; that’s what differentiates it.

So all mansplaining might be condescension but not all condescension is necessarily mansplaining if you get my drift.

Pol

Yeah, I corrected my althoughing… But I don’t need two posts to expose my bad spelling though now, do I David!

And I’m not a nerd either. Goddammit.

Alan Robertshaw

EDIT button’s gone AWOL so just to add:

“By a man, to a woman”

LindsayIrene

There is such a thing as womansplaining. Generally, it’s women not believing a man is capable of doing a task that is considered traditionally feminine, like child care. There is, of course, whitesplaining, as mentioned above. Also, straightsplaining and cis-splaining. There’s no need to use the word mansplaining for things that aren’t mansplaining.

Alan Robertshaw

One of my fave nerdy examples of a word that has an integral qualification is that you can only “orient” something (as in “line it up in a certain direction”) if you point it facing East.

It’s from when maps had East at the top rather than North.

(Pointing that out whilst in a blizzard on Dartmoor will get you scowled at)

Kat
Kat

I’m always nervous in a work situation, scared of losing my job. But I have to admit that one time I snapped. I worked with a guy who condescended to me a lot just on general principles ’cause I wasn’t the geek he was. I never had to interact with him on a work basis, so I just ignored the implicit insults, but one day I needed him to explain some geek-type thing to me. His tone dripped condescension as he started to explain.

I hissed, “Don’t condescend to me.”

He stopped.

He picked up with his condescension the next time I saw him, but at least I didn’t have to pay attention to him.

Then there was this one particular boyfriend, who told me that he’d do my thinking for me. I ignored that strange comment. (I shouldn’t have!) He said it again a few months later and I ignored it again. (I really shouldn’t have!)

I left him not too long after that — very, very abruptly. The one before me had left abruptly too.

Oh hi Alan,

I get your drift. But, well… just gimmie a momemts…

Naira
Naira

@Alan Robertshaw

Because my husband and I are complete nerds (and easily amused) we’ll occasionally substitute “australate” or “occident” for “orient” when we’re hiking. ^.^

@ naira

You are so my kind of people! 🙂

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Pol,

How can a woman mansplain? I don’t think you know what the word means.

Pol

I just want to say that – and whatever follows of course – that gender is an illusion. And so there is no such thing as “male” and “female”. So there, hummph

But. If it quacks and walks and dips it’s bill like a duck, then well, it’s a duck.

And I am sick of ducks.

calmdown
calmdown

A lot of recent GG related articles basically boil down too:

“Insignificant Internet Thing Happens, GamerGaters declare Thing a sign of Supreme Victory over Misandric Oppressors.”

Hopefully this is a sign of desperation and this “movement” is losing steam. But I’m also afraid that they have a never ending supply of BS to keep it fueled until the end of time!

Hi weirwood,

I am aware of the word. But I am looking at the effect and not at the person that makes the comment.

LindsayIrene

Gender is a social construct. A powerful social construct, at the moment.

Giliell
Giliell

When my linguistics prof (male) did the sociolinguistics lecture and revisited the evidence that yes indeed, man explain things to women, as evidenced by scientific research, he was pretty happy when I told him that the term mansplaining exists. He loved it: A portmanteau word aptly describing a sociolinguistic phenomenon

@ pol

I see where you’re coming from; but just because something may be a social construct doesn’t mean there aren’t real world effects based on how people relate to those constructs.

‘Race’ is a pretty silly concept, but that doesn’t make the burning crosses on your lawn go away.

Similarly, if people perceive women (or people who present as women, see cartoon upthread) in a particular way and as a consequence treat them in a different way then it doesn’t matter that some may think gender is irrelevant if lots of people think it is and their actions are inflicted by that belief.

As for ducks….

comment image

kupo
kupo

…what? So the phenomenon of men assuming they know more than women who are experts in the thing they’re “explaining” can’t really be happening because gender isn’t real? Am I understanding you correctly?

EJ (The Other One)

@calmdown:
At this point #GGers are like Bitcoiners or people who believe that South Africa can win the rugby. They’ve got lots of signs of their eventual victory, but are rather short on immediate victories.

The thing I’m finding frustrating is that a lot of #GGers are beginning to pretend that they never associated with that movement at all, due to the abject PR disaster that it’s become. They’re still holding the same opinions but pretending that they hold them without having anything to do with that abortive movement.

Sorry, not movement. Consumer revolt, or whatever term the John Bain / Milo Yiannopoulos fan club feels like using today.

Pol

Yes Alan, “just because something may be a social construct doesn’t mean there aren’t real world effects based on how people relate to those constructs.”

Yes, we agree. You know that you’re preaching to the choir here mate?

This argument has been a big thing for me for some time now. 🙂

brian
brian

I was only surprised when I saw this all go down the other day because I remember seeing a pic Anita Sarkeesian tweeted out of her at, IIRC, Persson’s house. At the time I figured, “Okay, he must not be a total shithead.” But I didn’t really look into it, and really knew nothing about him other than, of course, that he created Minecraft.

Re: Scrolls –
I’m pretty sure Scrolls (and Cobalt, which might have been the “sci-fi game” someone mentioned) have nothing to do with Persson. They’re just being published by Mojang which, of course, he has nothing to do with now. The Wikipedia article for Scrolls mentions his name, in addition to someone else’s, as having “conceived” it, whatever the hell that means (came up with the idea for, over beers?), but I believe Cobalt was being designed and developed by people completely unconnected to them and when they decided Mojang should start publishing other things, they made a deal with them. I haven’t played either of them myself, though Cobalt looks kind of fun.

Alex Stallwitz
Alex Stallwitz

In retrospect, it’s not surprising that Notch went all MRA on twitter. He dresses like an casting call for an MRA. I mean facial hair, check. Fedora check. Heavy set guy check. Neckbeard check and double check

makroth
makroth

@Pol

There are several types of splaining that absolutely everyone can, and most likely has engaged in at one or more points. I just think you’re using the wrong term.

@Alan

I just love that picture.

Pol

You and I kupo appear to have a little bit of a misunderstanding. Just gimmie a couple mins to collect my thoughts though and I may clear this up.

BTW, I like your comments in general kupo.

And no maktoth, I am using the right term. For so many mother huffging years now. So many years… 🙁

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Pol

But I am looking at the effect and not at the person that makes the comment.

One of the effects of mansplaining is that it reinforces the notion that women cannot ever be as competent or knowledgeable as the average man, even if they have specific training and expertise in the area under discussion. If you can point to an instance of “mansplaining” by women that has this same effect, I’ll be willing to listen to you.

EJ (The Other One)

@Eva Vavoom:

That was an awesome essay. I am now reading the rest of your blog, which is also awesome.