a near for men a voice for men antifeminism evil sexy ladies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA paul elam racism

Paul Elam warns men: be wary of Asian women because they might cut your penis off

Modified still from the documentary "Seeking Asian Female"
Modified image from the documentary “Seeking Asian Female”

Paul Elam may have sort of abandoned his Men’s Rights lady hatin’ website A Voice for Men — he announced his retirement from the Men’s Rights movement back in March — but his longtime fans will certainly be relieved to hear that he has not given up the lady hatin’ that made him the internet-famous man he is today.

But now he’s working some racism into the mix.

On his An Ear for Men YouTube channel, Elam seems to be setting himself up as a sort of Mr. Lonelyhearts for lady’ hatin men, providing tips on how to “screen out loser women,” how to deal with “problem women — we used to call them ‘bitches,'” and how to get rage-spittle out of your beard.

Ok, I made that last one up.

In his latest video, Elam has decided to take on yet another kind of problem women — SPOILER ALERT: Asian women — warning Western men of the dangers of “shopping in Asia or some other country [sic]” for the supposedly more subservient “women we used to call Oriental till the PC police decided that, too, was an insult.”

Elam warns his viewers that any Oriental Asian woman “willing to leave her homeland to marry a guy she met on the internet” might just possibly have motives other than love.

To illustrate this point, Elam pastes in that famous clip from Full Metal Jacket in which a Vietnamese sex worker promises two American servicemen that she will “love you long time.”

Which brings us to this POP QUIZ

But the dangers of Asian women aren’t confined to those conniving young women just off the boat from Asialand. For there are Asians who live in the United States as well, and if you go for one of those you might end up with … brace yourself … MARGARET CHO.

Or you might get your dick lopped off.

No, seriously. Elam literally warns men considering “going Asian” that they might end up with someone like “feminist idiot and unfunny comedian Margaret Cho,” or “Twitter fembot Suey Park,” or even Catherine Kieu Becker, a California woman, originally from Vietnam, now serving life in prison for cutting off her estranged husband’s penis.

Apparently Elam thinks the best way to keep American men from fetishizing Asian women is to convince them that the Asian (or Asian-American) gal of their dreams might literally lop off their dick or — possibly even worse — tell them a feminist joke.

But I can’t completely hate Elam’s video. I mean, sure, it’s a racist, misogynistic mess, and Elam’s gleeful grin makes my skin crawl. But if it convinces even one of his fans to leave Asian women alone, it may actually do the world a teensy tiny little bit of good.

sliami
sliami

I swear to God, sometimes I think Pauly believes in ghosts.

FEMINIST ghosts.

Kat
Kat

I’m gonna have to agree with you, David. Asian women might be a little safer if MRAs take this video to heart. Ha, ha! That’s assuming they have hearts.

Okay, I meant if they take this video as something really real, just like Elam’s other Words of Wisdom.

Hey, Elam, thanks for making the world (maybe) a tiny bit safer for women!

Now, about the rest of the shit you’re peddling as Elam Wisdom (EW!) . . .

Kat
Kat

@sliami
I hope that feminist poltergeists harass Paul Elam until he ceases and desists his harassment of living women — and any other beings he shares this planet with.

Just imagine:

He’ll have to walk carefully to avoid the Legos, Legos everywhere.

His sandwiches will unaccountably have too much mayo and too little mustard.

Salt in the sugar bowl? Sugar in the salt shaker?

Out of soap? Again?!

Who hard-boiled these eggs? Damnit!

Is the Dean Esmay file corrupted? Again?!

Oh, the fun that mischievous, self-respecting ghosts could have!

Zero
Zero

Hey, all in all it’s a good thing if these man don’t “shop” an asian woman like groceries anymore. And we all know that they are not out for love, guys like these want sex and a slave who does what he wants without talking back. But what a shock, asian woman don’t want this shit either. These gross man should stay away from woman everywhere in the world and stop reproducing.

Bina

What’s absolutely hilarious about this is that menzers are only now cottoning onto the fact that mail-order brides in general might not actually enjoy being subservient little waifubots. And that yeah, if you wave your stinky Yankee greenbacks under foreign women’s noses, they can hardly be blamed for having a rather material and mercenary motive for going along with you — at least until they can get their green cards, and a nice divorce settlement to match.

What’s not so funny is that Paulie, too, is jumping on the “alt”-right, racist bandwagon. Because he no doubt heard Der Drumpf railing about the “PC police” and thought that was a perfect way to drum up (I almost wrote “drumpf up”, heh) business for A Rear For Men.

He’s so far behind the times, he’s actually out in front again!

LindsayIrene

Margaret Cho would be so amused by this.

ColeYote
ColeYote

This reminds me of that time WWE had a segment where a bunch of Japanese dudes threatened to cut off Val Venis’ Panoz.

WWE is not a progressive company.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Hey Paulie: if you’re calling Asia a country, you not want to complain about political correctness until you brush up on your factual correctness.

Michael P
Michael P

Isn’t Margaret Cho gay? I mean, I’m not surprised that Elam wouldn’t know that, because knowing would require him to be aware that women have their own minds, but I thought she came out as gay a while back.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Um, that’s always been an insult. It’s just no longer an acceptable insult.

I’m glad he’s warning these guys away from wife-shopping in Asia though. Their pool of Acceptable Subservient Women is already the size of a single fake ant tear. And that’s still much too large.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

FEMINIST ghosts.

comment image

(No idea where this picture came from but I busted up laughing when I saw it. Probably a dudebro’s imagining the new Slimer)

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

ColeYote: Maybe they were trying to portray yubitsume, and ended up mistakenly assuming the phrase “cutting off the little finger” was a euphemism, rather than literal.

MichaelP: Yes, she is. Maybe Paul knows this and that comment was him saying he thinks all Asian women are secretly lesbians. Or, more likely, he’s just clueless.

Kivutar
Kivutar

It’s fairly obvious that MRA utopia doesn’t exist. There is literally no culture in the world where men act like these guys claim they do/want to and women act like they say they should. It’s a mathematical impossibility. Cultures where (regular) men can screw around and do whatever they want have at least a certain percentage of women doing the same, and women are not or not all downtrodden and submissive. Cultures where women are extremely downtrodden and submissive also place severe restrictions on men’s sexual behaviour, because math. Obviously there are areas where one extreme or another, or various hybrids, prevail, and upper classes always have freedoms (and restrictions) that regular people don’t. Still, overall there is absolutely no culture, anywhere, where men have constant uncommitted heterosexual sex and women are submissive virgin brides, because it’s physically impossible.

Maybe they are slowly starting to figure that out.

BritterSweet

Asian woman here saying yes, we do tell jokes that are feminist, or at least not anti-feminist. And we would emasculate you. So yeah, stay away, MRAs. Beware!

brian
brian

David:
Why did you “[sic]” “country”? Or did you accidentally spell correctly what Elam spelled wrong?

Michael P
Michael P

The sentence as written implies that Asia is a country.

weakling
weakling

@Michael P
According to wikipedia she’s bi

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

ColeYote | May 12, 2016 at 10:52 am

WWE is not a progressive company.

They just recently went back to calling it the Women’s Division instead of the “Diva’s Division”, so yeah, I’m in full agreement there. They have quite a problem with sexism and even racism, considering the company’s pretty much run by an old white dude who outright refuses to listen to anyone who doesn’t kiss his ass enough.

However, I will say they’ve scaled back a lot on that kind of stuff since they moved into the “PG-13 Era”, where they wanted to make it more palatable for kids to watch with their families, and this happened in the early 00’s.

However, one thing that’s currently irritating me now is there was a storyline where the current GM of the flagship show, Monday Night RAW, was saying that her brother was coming along and trying to steal her job* “because [she’s] a woman and he’s a man”, and she was going to fight “for [her] daughters’ future” and it came off like a huge feminist straw-woman, and I could not roll my eyes any harder at that.

It does seem to be resolved though, as both of them were put in charge of the show at the last pay-per-view by their father, and they seem to be getting along just fine. Still side-eying her though.

*Short version: She was doing a bad job and the show’s ratings were tanking and there were a lot of injuries on her watch, so her brother, Shane, stepped in to save the family business after being gone for seven years because his father wouldn’t hear any of his ideas to keep the business fresh and interesting, because his dad’s still stuck in the 80’s.

For instance, Shane suggested many years ago that they buy up UFC while it was still a fledgling company because he knew that they would become competition later on down the line, and would make tons of money. His father wouldn’t listen, and you can see what happened after that, especially if you live in Australia. WWE has considered Australia “not worth it” in terms of putting on shows there, so UFC has really thrived.

Pol
Pol

I used to think that these guys liked “Asian” women. And that is because, supposedly, that Asian women are not free and independent Western (read American) women.

I have even been recommended by family and even some workmates to target Asian women as girlfriends as they are less independent. And this assumedly is a desirable trait if I am understanding this advice correctly.

Their advice was, to my mind at least, based on best intentions. But after hearing this I was very nearly overcome by the temptation to punch their stupid head in. Yes, really. And not that I would actually do that of course. But this assumption and it’s undertones of cultural generalisation annoyed me very much.

Why is it that when men like me are single, that sympathetic well-wishers rally to recommend “Asian girls”? It sickens me that people have this attitude.

In my young/old age I put this down to “boomersplaining”. I only learnt that term this year but it does bring so many previous attitudes that I have encountered into some perspective.

🙁

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Poor widdle MRAs. It’s so shocking for them to learn that women are actual human beings. Even *gasp!* Asian women. My heart is truly breaking at this tragic news that nowhere in the world are women blowup dolls with pulses.

happy cat
happy cat

Interesting. By the way, have you seen the comments for Laci Green’s last video on “false rape allegations”? Poor, poor Laci!

Moocow

Lovely how one example of a women cutting off a penis suddenly means all asian women are potential penis cutters.

And yet, if a blog post was telling women to “be wary of men because they might rape you” suddenly, it’s ‘anti-male hate speech’, #NotAllMen! Misandry! How dare you judge me because of something another person who shares my gender did, I’m not like that!

And related, because role-reversal is my favorite way of exposing double standards:

Zatar

That’s a…..weirdly specific racist stereotype.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Moocow, that is so awkward D:

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

possibly even worse — tell them a feminist joke.

What do you call a letter from a feminist?

Hate male.

comment image

feartheminotaur
feartheminotaur

Ugh…”Oriental”. That word drives me crazy because of the number of times I’ve told by some well-meaning, but clueless, person about how the word, in and of itself, should “greatly offend me”.

Nope. Sorry. Oriental, from the Latin for “east”, is not in and of itself a disparagement unless applied to people. Oriental to describe…Things? OK. People? Absolutely not. That’s why I’m more offended at “Asian-American”* than “oriental rug”.

I think it’s important to make that distinction concerning the usage in order to focus on eliminating unconscious and outdated -ist terms that are actually -ist terms. Otherwise a blanket “that’s an -ist word” without consideration of context or usage empowers the rhetoric of disingenuous bigots – it ends up on Reddit with “durr Thinks the Orient Express is Racist” posted over a stock photo.

Here, this jerk is obviously using it as such – a disparagement – so, not OK.

EDIT: *I’m Korean-American – people make the distinction when they refer to Francis Ford Coppola as an Italian-American and not a European-America, but seem to think it’s OK to forego that nicety and just lump us all together. The underlying “I can tell white people apart, but not Asians” is pretty insulting (to me).

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I fully support Paul Elam convincing other MRAs that some category of women will chop off their precious, precious penii.

The only improvement I can suggest would be for him to expand that warning to cover all categories of women.

Stay away from women, MRAs! They will only harm you! Stay far, far, far away from all of them!

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

@ColeYote Ah yes, Kai En Tai’s feud with Val Venis. Yet another shitty Attitude Era angle brought to you by everyone’s favorite creative director. And you left out the part where earlier in the story Yamaguchi-san was going to spank his wife with a big wooden paddle on live TV until Venis did a run-in! Wasn’t he supposed to be the heel here? After all, he’s the one who’s stealing another man’s wife.

Amused

any Asian woman “willing to leave her homeland to marry a guy she met on the internet” might just possibly have motives other than love.

Naw!! Really?? Gosh, how can a woman who abandons everything and everyone she knows for a guy 30 years her senior, who came to her country to “shop” for a Steptford Wife, be motivated by anything other than love? Shocking! Women really are cold-hearted bitches, aren’t they?

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

1)Oriental means Eastern. Of course, since it’s a Eurocentric term, East meant everything that side of ‘Christendom’. Arabia, Persia, India, China, what have you. Exclusively referring to Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. people as Oriental is a misuse of the term
2)The use of the term Oriental has been considered ‘problematic’ since the 70s. “We” also used to have prominent Klansmen in Congress back then. Maybe those aren’t the days, to which a lot of us want to return
3)Even so, if you’re using Oriental and Asian as synonyms anyway, what’s the problem? I mean, it would only matter if the whole point was to insult a whole group of peop- oh… Ohhh…

ETA:minotaur’s point noted. I hate African American, as well

Verily Baroque
Verily Baroque

@Kivutar

They basically seem to want to have their cake and eat it, too. I honestly don’t think them to have thought the logistics through.

With people who go on and on about how everything was better before feminism/PC culture/PoC/gay people/you-get-the-idea ruined it, I always like to ask which period exactly (and in which country/area) they consider to be the heyday of their anti-feminist etc. golden age.

Most of the time, they either cannot to name a specific period that was the (at least mostly, let’s not be overly demanding here) unsullied era before it was ruined by their boogieman or they name a period that bears almost no resemblance to the ideal society they claim existed.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Verily Baroque | May 12, 2016 at 2:05 pm
@Kivutar

QFT.

And this very discussion has led to searching for a term for the nostalgia of an “era” that you didn’t experience or didn’t exist. I think we settled on “fauxstalgia”?

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with an appreciation for an aesthetic of an “era”. For instance, I love the way 1950’s America looked (thanks Fallout!), but that doesn’t mean I want to go back to a time where racism and sexism was rampant, communism made everyone paranoid, and only upper-middle class white families could get by on a single paycheck. I just like their advertisements, diners, and fashion, all of which can be replicated in the modern day.

Scaly Llama
Scaly Llama

@Zero

Preach!

mrex
mrex

@feartheminotaur

“The underlying “I can tell white people apart, but not Asians” is pretty insulting (to me).”

People are refusing to refer to you as Korean-American when asked to? That’s terrible.

Childrenofthebroccoli
Childrenofthebroccoli

African-American makes a bit more sense than Asian-American, because Americans who are descended from slaves might not know exactly what part of Africa their ancestors were from. I agree that it frequently gets misapplied, though.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

comment image

I’ve seen that picture before and I still can’t tell if there’s a duplicate!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Elam warns his viewers that any Oriental Asian woman “willing to leave her homeland to marry a guy she met on the internet” might just possibly have motives other than love.

…Yes, there is a high likelihood that when you offer financial security in exchange for sex and companionship, the women who take you up on it… will be sex workers? Because you’re asking for sex work?? I’m not sure what you were expecting???

“problem women — we used to call them ‘bitches,’”

You still do, Paul. The PC police have not arrested you yet.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

“Like, wow, Michael Cera sure has been in a lot of things after Juno: Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist, Adventureland, Zombieland, Scott Pilgrim, The Social Network–”
comment image

Oh…oh

GenJones
GenJones

I love how MRA’s act like feminists are making a mountain out of a molehill when thousands of women are murdered by intimate partners or aggressive harassers every year. But if there’s one or two isolated cases where a guy gets his dick chopped off over a span of DECADES, suddenly it’s a crisis and totally okay to extrapolate to an entire gender or ethnic group.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

In other racist news: George Zimmerman is trying to auction off the gun he used to shoot Trayvon Martin as a “piece of American history” and tried to lie and say that the Smithsonian wanted it and the Smithsonian responded with “We never said that, and we don’t want it.”

Oh, and he wants to use the money generated from the sale to “end [Black Lives Matter] violence against law enforcement officers”.

comment image

Moocow

I play an MMO which is often criticized by players who reminisce about how the game was so much better back in the “golden days”

When asked, they usually refer to the ’04-’06 era. Which is funny because I was playing the game back then, and during that time players would constantly reminisce about how the game was so much better back in the “golden days”.

In real life, media pundits who reminisce about the golden days mostly mean “my childhood”. Because of course when you’re sheltered from the bad shit of the world, it’s almost like those problems doesn’t exist.

@happy cat

She gets so many vile comments in her videos. Ugh. Her entire youtube channel might as well be “Lewis’s law in action”

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Side note: I have a really hard time telling people apart in general, and it’s much much worse when everyone is in the same race, age and gender bracket.

I really, really wish TV shows would get more diverse, I really can’t tell all these white dudes with similar haircuts apart. Seriously.

🙁

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I hate watch the Bachelor/ette and until they get down to the last few contestants, I can never tell who is who. Generically attractive twenty something white people are pretty interchangeable. Some of them have light hair and some dark hair, that’s about it on differences.

mockingbird
mockingbird

In fairness: While in college, I went on a trip to China with a bunch of other students. Part of the group included two siblings from Korea, one Korean-American girl, and one girl from Peru.

The entire time we were there, people assumed that the siblings were from Japan (followed by vehement denial on their part) and that the Korean-American girl was native Chinese (she was even stopped several times at check points while the rest of us were allowed through).
The Peruvian girl?
Tibetan.
Even in Tibet.

Hell, my background’s mostly northern European with a smattering of American Indian, and I’ve had multiple Korean grandmas pushing Bible pamphlets assume that I was 1/4 Korean or something (I assume “quarter” because I have blue/green eyes but they spoke to me in Korean and then were mortified when I looked back at them cluelessly) and Russians, Uruguayans, and Mexicans* allll begin talking to me in their native tongues because they’ve assumed that I was from their respective countries. (I live in a diverse area.)

I’ll call anyone whatever they’d like to be called, but guessing ethnicity’s not a game I’ll play.

*Yes, specifically Mexican. When I marveled at the uptick in rando guys yelling at me in Spanish, a Hispanic friend of mine explained that I really resembled some actress who’d gained prominence on some TV show in Mexico at the time (the early 2000s).

I had real trouble with Inception.

comment image

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@childrenofthebroccoli
Totally valid. I’d still rather not be referred to as such. Now, I’m about to go off. Not at you, just in general
Hey, people! How about you don’t ‘trace my roots’ for me. I don’t know where in Africa my ancestors lived, and guess what, neither do you. Ya don’t get to fill in the blanks with ‘somewhere in one of those 40 countries encompassing nearly 9mil square miles. Close enough.’ 2nd largest continent, most ethnically diverse, but since I’m darker than the majority here, I’m vaguely (subsaharan) African. Cos West Indian, Bajan, Trini, or just American isn’t racist enough. Grr!

@PI
I have words to say about that shit. Few of those words are nice, or indeed welcome on this blog

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@PI
The site pulled that auction down, one small good thing for this world.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@OoglyBoggles: Yeah, that’s one good thing, but he’s also trying other sites as well, and as far as I’m aware, no one’s taking it.

Maybe this’ll help get it through his head that no, not everyone thinks like he does, and yes, we all think he’s a fucking murderer.

Dalillama

@feartheminotaur

I generally use ‘Asian American’ when I’m, e.g. discussing racism, as it is common that the racist structures in question do not distinguish the actual ethnicity of the target; that is to say that, as I understand it, the systemic problems faced by Korean-Americans are fairly similar to those faced by, e.g. Chinese Americans. If I’m talking about a particular individual, however, I will generally describe their ethnicity as specifically as I know it.
@Jarnsaxa

Right. Sometimes I can’t tell when they’re the same either; recently while watching a movie, I turned to Partner and asked “Who are these jerks then?” “They’re the same jerks who were in the last scene, but they’ve changed clothes.” “Oh.”