alpha males antifeminism doubling down empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA rape rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh sexual assault sexual exploitation

Are Roosh V’s “Bang” books how-to guides for rape?

Roosh V explains the mechanics of sex
Roosh V explains the mechanics of sex

If the almost universally despised pickup artist and rape legalization proponent Roosh Valizadeh is able to deliver his planned talk tomorrow at some as-yet-undisclosed venue in Toronto, he won’t just be talking about the unoriginal blend of warmed-over misogyny he perplexingly calls “neomasculinity.”

He will also be selling his infamous “Bang” books, a series of pickup guides aimed mostly at North American tourists hoping to score easy sex in an assortment of countries in Europe and South America. These guides seem to have been Roosh’s main source of income for the past several years.

So it is worth asking what exactly Roosh is selling here.

Most of the “Bang” books are country-specific guides offering Roosh’s, er, insights into each country’s nightlife, dating mores, and women. “The best way to describe a Ukrainian girl’s personality is that of a corpse,” he explains in Bang Ukraine. “They really don’t show any emotion, interest, or spark when you first approach them. They just stand still with their eyes darting around.”

Alongside Roosh’s recommendations on cities to visit, bars to prowl, and dating “logistics” (rent an apartment near the bars you intend to frequent so you can easily get “girls” back to your place before, you know, they change their minds), Roosh also provides case studies of his sexual, er, conquests of women in each country.

Judging from Roosh’s own descriptions of them, many of these alleged conquests might better be described as rapes.

Again and again in these stories, presented as true, Roosh literally won’t take no for an answer, pressuring reluctant and resistant women into giving him what he wants, in one case using outright physical force in order to continue intercourse with a woman who had changed her mind.

In many of these cases Roosh tells us or at least implies that the woman in question consented to sex, but it is worth asking what kind of “consent” is preceded by literally hours of struggle against a physically imposing man who refuses to believe that no means no. It’s also worth asking what the woman’s own account of the experience would look like.

Are Roosh’s Bang books essentially how-to guides to date rape? Read some of his stories and decide for yourself. [Trigger Warning for the quotes that follow.]

The most notorious passage in any of Roosh’s Bang books comes from Bang Iceland, in which Roosh describes sex with a drunk woman he ushered to his apartment after she was left behind by her friends at a bar.

While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was. In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she couldn’t legally give her consent. It didn’t help matters that I was relatively sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated.

I won’t rationalize my actions, but having sex is what I do.

Sex with women too drunk to consent is considered rape in Iceland as well as in the US.

Roosh continues:

If a girl is willing to walk home with me, she’s going to get the dick no matter how much she has drunk. …

I figure my dick was inside her about forty minutes after meeting her, likely my fastest bang ever. The sex was as good as drunken sex can get, but I did notice her pussy was drier than the Sahara desert.

Roosh’s sense of self-awareness is as underdeveloped as his conscience.

With another Icelandic woman, Roosh reports:

In the middle of the night I got another boner, put on a condom, and jammed it back in while she was half-asleep. I came and passed out again with the condom still on my dick….

Roosh’s accounts of his sexual escapades in Iceland are sadly rather typical for him. In Bang Poland, he makes clear that the word “no,” won’t stop him, no matter how many times it’s repeated.

We moved to my bed. I got her down to her bra and panties, but she kept saying, “No, no.” I was so turned on by her beauty and petite figure that I told myself she’s not walking out my door without getting fucked. At that moment I accepted the idea of getting locked up in a Polish prison to make it happen.

After more such “foreplay,” Roosh gets what he wants:

I put on a condom, lubed up, and finally got her consent to put it in. … I put her on her stomach and went deep, pounding her pussy like a pedophile. She took it like a champ even though I imagine it must have felt like being fucked by a telescope. My orgasm was from another world.

This is what passes for a happy ending in Roosh’s stories.

In 30 Bangs, a collection of Rooshian case studies, Roosh gives his excruciating account of “sex” with an anonymous Catholic girl a similarly “upbeat” ending:

After dinner we went upstairs and I eased her onto my king-size bed. It took four hours of foreplay and at least thirty repetitions of “No, Roosh, no” until she allowed my penis to enter her vagina. No means no—until it means yes.

The sex was painful for her. I was only the second guy she’d ever had sex with. … She whimpered like a wounded puppy dog the entire time, but I really wanted to have an orgasm, so I was “almost there” for about ten minutes. After sex she sobbed for a good while, talking about how she had sinned in the eyes of God, but in an hour she got horny again and we went at it once more.

In Bang Ukraine, Roosh describes how he used “some muscle” to hold a woman down after she changed her mind during sex.

I was fucking her from behind, getting to the end in the way I normally did, when all of a sudden she said, “Wait stop, I want to go back on top.” I refused and we argued. … She tried to squirm away while I was laying down my strokes so I had to use some muscle to prevent her from escaping. I was able to finish, but my orgasm was weak.

Afterwards I told her she was selfish and that she couldn’t call an audible so late in the game.

Again and again in these stories – and there are more of them — Roosh misleads, manipulates, cajoles, pressures and intimidates women until he gets what he wants. The women could not be clearer in their refusals, telling Roosh no and pushing him away. He doesn’t care.

To judge from his own accounts of his sexual exploits in the books he published himself, Roosh is a dangerous sexual predator who has been getting away with it for years. In his Bang books, he teaches young men that they can get away with it too.

Sofia van der Linde

If Roosh is not a citizen of the country he lives in then they could render him to any country chosing to charge him.

Considering his self-confessed rapes all it would take is one of his victims filing a police report

CPK ☺ Charles Kincy (@cpk)

Shartiste just now recommended that Roosh sue Montreal activists for defamation.

Half-seriously, I kinda hope he does…it would go VERY badly for him. Quebec has strong anti-SLAPP laws, and defamation defendants are allowed nearly unlimited discovery in defense of a “probably true” statement. Truth IS an effective defense in Quebec, though it functions differently as a standard than it does in the US.

For instance, they could quote anything from any of his books. If they succeed under anti-SLAPP, they could make Roosh foot the bill.

History Nerd

Extradition law is pretty complicated, since you need to have a good understanding of their legal cultures, how both handle extradition/rendition, and how both deal with various criminal offenses.

If it turns out he had sex with someone under 18 in another country, he can be prosecuted in the US even if the age of consent in the other country is lower.

Johanna Roberts

Massive TW: CSA/Pedophilia

From personal experince, Roosh, this is what it’s like for a woman to be pounded by a pedophile just so you know what you described: there is loud, loud burning pain and afterwards you can bleed for days (one assault made my parents think I was menstruating) and you spend years wondering exactly what the hell you did to deserve such a thing and then years wondering if it happened at all because the person who did it only got a few months in prison and that was called “justice.” THAT is what it is like to be pounded by a pedophile, Rooshy.

That being said, reading this made me physically ill and I’ve been watching documentaries about serial killers all day. I can sit through the Green River Killer’s deviance while eating breakfast but you, Roosh, you make me want to vomit. Likely because you’re teaching this shit to others and walking around free.

I need brain bleach. I’m going to watch “Most Evil.”

Yep, serial killers are easier to take than this vile SOB. I also may or may not be hugging my old teddy bear. ;___;

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

Johanna, I’m so sorry that someone put you through that.

May I ask what documentaries you’ve been watching? I’m also interested in serial killers and forensic psychology etc.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Render as in the process by which animal carcasses and animal waste is converted into useful and pathogen free value added by-products (also known as “animal carcass recycling”), because I could totally support the rendering of Dooosh into various products like soap, fuels, rubber, plastics, and candles – the soap and candles being most apropos considering 1.) live Dooosh stinks because washing is too much to ask from Ser Stinkiest and 2.) Candles. Preferably the scented kind. Should be self-explanatory.

And no, I’m not advocating actual violence or anything, just trying to come up with a more pleasant and satisfactory scenario to think of instead of him raping, coercing, or otherwise engaging in sex without bothering to obtain consent or to care when consent is rescinded.

berdache from a previous life

To all who were triggered, I understand and I’m sorry. I haven’t been worth much today after reading that myself. Sometimes I’m sad to be the same gender as people [ I use the term loosely] like Roosh.

I would hope that, since it’s unlikely he’ll ever go to prison, that women everywhere are made aware of him and he never gets to hurt another woman.

I think he can go anywhere in Toronto and he’ll be recognized and unwelcome. I’d like that to be wherever he goes.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

So I was wondering if the Rooshster’s writings fell under my fair country’s hate speech laws. I googled the words “hate speech Canada” and no joke, two articles about Rooshy came up on the first page of results.

I don’t know why the media calls him “anti-feminist” though when he’s clearly anti-woman.

sn0rkmaiden

Sadly most of his victims are likely to blame themselves for going home with such a man, sadly most of the people around them are likely to think that too. Roosh benefits very well from rape culture, no wonder he hates the feminists who seek to address that.

Also bear in mind he always lies to girls about who he is. When reading tweets from one of the girls involved in the beer episode, I gather he told them his name was Luke. The only good thing to come out of all this increased publicity is that women are more likely to see him coming.

Johanna Roberts

@Dawn Incognito — I just plug “serial killer” into youtube and got a good amount of them. Been watching them when my daughter’s been out playing with her friends. Most Evil is what I’m mainlining right now. It was one of Discovery ID’s flagship shows back in the day IIRC. What gets me is how many serial killers have a very MRA/Rooshian mentality when it comes to women. So yeah. Still, these are easier to watch than Roosh is to read, because these are people who have been caught and will die in prison. That, I can take, you know?

Paradoxical Intention

You know what I got from being raped? A teddy bear from a rape clinic (those people were amazing and awesome, and we need more caring individuals like them), depression, and anxiety.

Yay me.

BeyondOcean
BeyondOcean

What points to Roosh living in Poland (or wherever else in Europe)? I’m asking out of curiosity.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Oh and I’m going to be forwarding the passages in this article to Indigo-Chapters and asking them not to sell this garbage. They seem to have all of his books available.

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

Fnoicby, do you have a contact address? I’ve purchased from Indigo and I would like to get in touch with them as a consumer as well. Thanks.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Paradoxy

A teddy bear from a rape clinic

I am one of the most desensitised and stoic people you are ever likely to meet but that just nearly made me cry; it’s heartbreaking.

Would it be offensive to say you poor poor thing? I cannot imagine what you’ve been through.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

Roosh is a rapist, simple and plain.

GhostBird
GhostBird

@NicolaLuna

That same part hit me, in much the same way as it hit you.
TW for the obvious reasons:
I was raped, something it has taken me years to admit and come to terms with, by a guy in college who, when initial intercourse proved painful and I suggested we try something else, ignored me and forced himself inside me. The pain was terrific, and the realization that I had no say in what happened to my body left me pretty much dumbstruck as to what to do save accept what was happening to me and get through it somehow. I remember staring at the ceiling, trying to breathe, and thinking ‘I guess this is rape’, though I suppose I didn’t much act like it had happened afterwards. I was at a college not known for it’s progressive attitude, and had virtually no friends at the time (my roommate, as per example, told me I should be stoned to death for fornication when I returned to the dorm after the previously discussed event, though I have to say she was the extreme end if things). So I wound up thrust back into the arms of my rapist, till he finally threw me out of his place in the middle of a horrendous snow storm, and that was it for that ugly chapter in my life. It’s repercussions, however, still echo faintly in my life and behavior.

And I know I’ve gotten wildly personal and TMI, but the fact stands that what happened to me, the trauma and the brutalization I and so many women have endured, is what that piece of human filth is promoting. And I swear to the Erinyes themselves that if I ever get my hands on him he will rue the fucking day.

Fuck, I’m burned out. I think I’m going to play a little Monument Valley and cool off. I hope nothing in the above post upsets anyone else too much. It’s one if the first times I’ve ever talked about it.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

@dawn, I’m going to look into it. I don’t want to send it to general customer service as I know I’ll get a canned response back. Next time I see you in the comments I’ll let you know!

Bina
Bina

I sense a need for kitties. Kitties! Come out, come out, wherever you are…

Oh! There you are:

Tea with Maru and Hana should wash that sour-bile taste out of everyone’s mouth.

If not, here are some hugs…

Just listen to that purr, and think of good things…

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

Thanks, I just tried general customer service to see if I can get kicked up the ladder. If I see any progress I’ll let you know.

I’m so angry and upset that I’m shaking. Time to watch or play something shiny. I just discovered that there was a Super Famicom Sailor Moon RPG and there’s a translation patch for it.

(…fighting evil by moonlight…)

A.A. Wils

I’ve read the comments from peole who have been victimized, and my heart goes out to you. I’ve never been assaulted (been in a couple near-assault situations when I was young, but never actually touched), but the fear, the humiliation, and the shame is unspeakable. I really can do nothing to take away your pain. All I can do is offer you internet hugs and blessings.

For everyone in need of some brain bleach, I present you with adorable baby owls.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HphzDGU3Hxo&w=560&h=315%5D

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

@dawn can’t hurt to send it to the general email as well. Rarely am I so motivated to DO SOMETHING about these guys but I had no idea his writings were this bad. I thought Iceland was the worst of it.

Chrysler
Chrysler

“Are Roosh V’s “Bang” books how-to guides for rape?”

Having been given a copy of Bang Estonia as a gag gift one year, can confirm that yes, they are. Next question.

Paradoxical Intention

Alan Robertshaw | August 14, 2015 at 4:30 pm
@ Paradoxy

A teddy bear from a rape clinic

I thank you for your sympathy, and no, it’s not offensive. (And I thank you for not saying “I’m sorry”, that always bothered me for reasons I can never put my finger on.) However, as I may have mentioned before, this was a little over a decade ago now. I’ll never get over it, but I’ve learned to live with it.

So, hugs for you.
comment image

Johanna Roberts

For fellow victims and everyone with well wishes I bring you ferrets:comment image

Paradoxical Intention

Have a cat freaking out over a bath:

Paradoxical Intention

Also, I did some related video watching with the owl video, and I found out that barn owls might be direct descendants of pterodactyls.

I heard some scary shrieking. Like horror-movie level NOPE kind.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

There’s a lot of talented arty folks on here. Any of you familiar with the works of Artemisia Gentileschi?

Here’s possibly her best known painting, ‘Judith slaying Holfernes’ that I merely mention à propos of nothing in particular.

There’s quite an interesting story behind it
comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Try again
comment image

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

To everyone who replied to my comment, thank you. Your words mean an awful lot. After my shower I had a good evening with my foster sister, drinking wine and laughing. I’m feeling loads better now.

@Johanna – I’m so very sorry that happened to you. I hope you’ve found peace and healing. I wish that the person who abused you had got far longer in prison. I also commend you for speaking out about it. Despite what MRAs say, there is still stigma around rape and sexual abuse. Speaking out about it shines a spotlight on rapists and makes it harder for them to find victims.

I’m proud that I’ve taught my sons about consent. It starts with making sure relatives don’t kiss them when they don’t want a kiss. That’s pissed off a few older relatives but I don’t give a single fuck. It’s continued with making sure they don’t touch anyone who is saying they don’t want to be touched. When they asked me about sex I made sure to include the fact that both people involved want to have sex and that if one person (no matter which gender) decides they don’t want sex, they can stop at any time. They are only young at the moment and don’t need to know that rape exists. But it fills me with pride when they say to a relative, “no, I don’t feel like kissing you today and if someone doesn’t want you to touch them then you shouldn’t touch them.” I hope that most children are being raised this way nowadays and that future generations will be safer.

meeg
meeg

This guy must have the worst sex, ever. It sounds more like a compulsion than a pleasure. I almost feel sorry for him that he doesn’t get to experience intimacy. Why are these types so proud of simply sticking their dicks in things? How could that possibility validate you as a person? ” I had to force a girl to have sex with me and she hated every moment of it. I must be a winner”.

Bina
Bina

Poor yowly Tigger, I know that sound well. My Sasquatch-kitty made it for the first (and to date, ONLY) time while I was shampooing the skunk spray out of her fur. She took a direct hit, probably while trying to play with Pepe Le Pew. Pew! Pew!! Pew!!!

CK
CK

Roosh’s twitter indicates that he lives part of the time in Poland.
They, or Canada could revoke his visa.

This Handle is a Test
This Handle is a Test

This is one of those ” What has been read can’t be unread” type things. I feel awful even knowing this (I knew he was a rapist but, damn that is a serial rapist). I feel terrible for the people who had that happen to them (both Roosh’s victims and others here) and wish I could do more that give sympathy.

Regarding Tucker Max vs. Roosh, apparently Max said a lot of non-complimentary things about PUA in general and the Red Pill because a brief google involved a *lot* of blogs ripping Max and stating that he “defamed” Roosh.

Wish I knew how to put in images because I found a really adorable one of a dog that might help the mood from reading these horrible things.

GhostBird
GhostBird

@Alan

In regards to that picture – my thoughts exactly

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

@GhostBird – that sounds awful. I hate that you were in a place with no support. And you are a fierce badass for speaking out. I hope that guy one day has the self awareness to realise what he did to you and can’t look at himself in the mirror without remembering that day.

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

@Alan Robertshaw:

Am I out of place to ask that you not post violent images like that, artistic or no, right in the comments section? I understand why you brought up the painting and associated real-life context. But I would like to have to click on a link to view a scene of murder.

Thanks.

Bina
Bina

Ugh, I was just searching YouTube on an unrelated subject, and got Roosh V in my recommendations. Yuck! Blecch! NO!!!

Paradoxical Intention

Bina: Go to YouTube, click a button labeled “History” with an hourglass icon at the bottom of the page, and you can remove those videos that you watched that led to YouTube suggesting them.

(Or, you can try to click this and see if that works.)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Hi Dawn

Yeah, sorry about that. A link would have been better.

[For future ref, anyone know how to link to an image so it doesn’t show up?]

Michael Lindsay

Sane people recognize this as the reaction of a person of any nationality when unexpectedly confronted with an insufferable horny douchebag of the Roosh variety resulting in them thinking “who the fuck is this weirdo and where the hell is the nearest exit?”

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

My God, he’s like a real-life Glen Quagmire, only with fewer redeeming qualities.
My skin’s crawling so much I don’t think there can be a shower long enough to make it stop.

He fucking PUBLISHED these anecdotes, describing himself as behaving “like a pedophile”. And expected people to laud him for this and follow his example. What. The. Fuck??

I hope that piece of shit serial rapist tries to fuck a mound of fire ants. There can not be enough searing dick pain for this repulsive sack of evil inhuman garbage.

Aaauuuugh!!

More brain bleach: http://mindbleach.org/g/1506.html
Look into the cute, guileless eyes of this puppy. Remember that there is good in the world.

sn0rkmaiden

@Alan Robertshaw,

I’ve read about Artemisia Gentileschi, she was incredible.

Tessa

NItram:

So basically, roosh isn’t skilled at getting laid. He’s skilled at getting women to go somewhere with him alone and then he gets rejected, and then he rapes them. These are rejection stories.

This explains his statements about rape legalization. It’s his entire “game” strategy. Get women alone on private property, then she doesn’t get the choice.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

See him coming **and** smell him.

Johanna Roberts

Wow, this makes me feel so much better

Catalpa

To everyone who has experienced sexual abuse and had bad memories brought up by this shitstain, my heart goes out to you. I hope you are in safer places now, far away from the people who have or would try to hurt you.

@Alan

I’m pretty sure wordpress won’t embed the image if you don’t put the link on its own line/parargraph. Let me test this theory:comment image

Catalpa

Yup, just don’t hit enter before you paste the image link.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Alan

You could always just wrap <a> tags around it; <a href=”link/goes/here/image.jpg”>Words</a>.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Without the linebreak, obviously. Damn WP.