#gamergate antifeminism dark enlightenment davis aurini dudes who look like anton lavey entitled babies evil SJWs gross incompetence jordan owen men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny red pill sarkeesian! yeah that's the ticket YouTube

Exciting new opportunity for Sarkeesian Effect backers to flush more $$ down the toilet! (Also, funny video)

Tub Boy and Professor Skull
Tub Boy and Professor Skull

There’s some great news for supporters of The Sarkeesian Effect, the seemingly random collection of badly filmed interviews with assorted people who dislike Anita Sarkeesian that is allegedly being edited into a film of some kind!

In a new video, Jordan Owen — the hairier of the two Sarkeesian Effect impresarios — has announced an amazing new opt-out opportunity for the alleged film’s backers to donate money to him and his pal (then enemy, then pal again) Davis Aurini.

Owen reports that, even though they’re supposedly already done filming their alleged film, the two have somehow managed to work out a way to do some more filming “that we didn’t think that we’d be able to do but it’s really going to tie the movie together,” much like the non-big Lebowski’s famously peed-on rug, I guess.

Now, Owen won’t provide any details — which, he suggests, might have something vaguely to do with the Honey Badgers’ recent escapade in Calgary? — but apparently it is a quite exciting filming opportunity and it somehow requires another month’s worth of funding for the alleged film, and unless the project’s backers specifically opt out by the end of the month they’re going to get charged for it!

It’s all very ethical.

In the video, Owen also invites supporters to check out the amazingly professional web site they have up for their amazing film at TheSarkeesianEffect.com. I would also highly recommend that you check it out; it is in every way up to the exacting standards the two are known for.

And before I forget, I’d like to mention some great news for fans of the unintentional comedy that the Sarkeesian Effect duo provide almost every time they open their mouths.

A couple of Sarkeesian Effect mockers — Andrew Todd from badassdigest.com and @kav_p from Twitter — have come into the possession of puppets that, as Kav P puts it, look “startlingly similar” to the Sarkeesian Effect duo. They plan to produce a series of short videos starring said puppets.

Here’s the theme song for the series, which they call MRAsterpiece Theater. You may notice that despite costing nothing to anyone but the two people who made it, this video somehow manages to look and sound a lot more professional than anything the actual Sarkeesian Effect dudes have produced so far.

M.
M.

I’m not sure what’s scarier: Bert Aurini’s dead-eyed glare or the layout of the TSE website.

Lisa C (@hppykittystudio)

@M-I’ll go with the thousand yard stare :

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I will never understand why people think it’s a good idea to have a full-color photo in the background of a site that will nearly always have content covering it. Or why people think it’d be a good idea to have text/page elements with no background clashing with said photo.

In 2012, a YouTube blogger named Anita Sarkeesian launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a series of videos discussing women’s roles and representations in video games.

The controversial project and the ensuing media storm would sharply divide the gaming community and usher in a new era of political correctness in the world of digital entertainment.

Well when you put it like that, it sounds completely ridiculous. Why would a series of videos discussing women’s roles and representations in video games be so controversial? It’s a series of discussion videos.

“In 2012, a journalist wrote a series of editorials published in the New York Times that discussed some topic they wanted to share their opinion on.

The resulting media frenzy tore down the fabric of society and ushered in the apocalypse. Zombies are now eating everyone brains, and the dark lord C’thulu has awoken, bringing terror and destruction into our realm. Why, oh why did some random journalist write about their opinion in a newspaper, why?

When will we learn?

FossilFishy

I’m going to go with Elam’s scary eyes in the pic they have of him. I had always thought that his opponents picked the worse photos of him, but if that’s the best pic a sympathetic compiler could get I have to wonder if he always looks that way?

anemonerosie

Did they spend all their hard-earned cash on professional development of that website? I hope not.

Also, MRAsterpiece Theatre made my day! Thanks! I absolutely needed that today 😀

Policy of Madness

I went to the website and was excited to see that there was a button to send me a page where I could find out which theatres near me were showing the movie!

Alas, the list is merely “coming soon.” I guess they haven’t yet had time to format the list of the thousands of theatres committed to a screening.

Policy of Madness

OH DAMN. Their press coverage page is also Coming Soon! How will I ever find that CNN story about it, or the NYT review?

PussyPowerTantrum, the Lousy Flouncer
PussyPowerTantrum, the Lousy Flouncer

*clicks on Sarkeesian Effect site*

*starts laughing hard*

*plays MRAsterpiece Theater*

*laughs even harder, this time in appreciation*

Seriously that is a mad talented duo, and I don’t mean Mssrs. Davis and Aurini. And those puppets! They look like Hairy Shut-In Ernie and Evil Misanthrope Bert, lol. Can’t wait for their videos.

PussyPowerTantrum, the Lousy Flouncer
PussyPowerTantrum, the Lousy Flouncer

Oops sorry, I meant Mssrs. Owen and Aurini.

MaudeLL

Seconding fossilfishy. Love their Paul Elam photo.
#2 funny thing on their website: the link to ‘find theaters showing the Sarkeesian effect’

freemage

Yeah, the notion that there’s any sort of theater that will ever actually host this turd is highly amusing, to say the least.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

I like that the title of the homepage is “Home”. Really speaks to the straightforward, no-nonsense quality of MRA thought. Also, the horizontal scroll bar.

Vartra
Vartra

I laughed.

“Find theaters now showing The Sarkeesian Effect.”

Droll. Very, very droll.

odaran
odaran

The Sarkeesian Effect should be in theatres on May 1st, according to imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4134990/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Policy of Madness

Huh. The new Avengers movie is supposed to come out May 1st as well.

Did they think this through?

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Hee hee, i love the fact that the little word-indicator in the video is Happy Horatio the Bouncing Skull. Seriously, that skull needs to get top billing on The Sarkeesian Effect. Clearly it’s going to be the most convincing actor in this whole mess.

Binjabreel

Anyone else notice the top tweet on the sarkeesian effect’s TL says “mute him, block him, move on… Or make sexual comments at him.”

Yep, bastions of fucking ethics, not a bit of toxic sexism here, no sir.

AcidTrial
AcidTrial

Admittedly, my expectations from these two are a lot lower than from most people, but that website actually looked a lot better than I was expecting.

Kootiepatra

I straight up cackled at MRAsterpiece. Amazing.

Karl
Karl

Yeah, considering the quality of their preview clips, the website wasn’t nearly as bad as I would have thought – I was expecting some dancing baby gifs and rotating 3D text.

Shalimar
Shalimar

How in the world did anyone read Aurini accusing Owen of stealing the last ill-gotten charge and not immediately go to cancel their backing? They were fighting over who got to keep which suckers in the divorce. This is a cue to run away.

freemage

Policy of Madness | April 20, 2015 at 10:20 am

Huh. The new Avengers movie is supposed to come out May 1st as well.

Did they think this through?

How better to explain that they failed to get a single screen showing? Clearly, the Great Feminist Conspiracy induced the Hollywood Manginas to pick that date for releasing what will be one of the biggest movies of the year on the same date, in a deliberate effort to squash Our Brave Heroes’ quest to speak truth to power (and rake in donations to pay for a car).

Policy of Madness

Marvel, one of the biggest comic book publishers in the history of comic books, is clearly in the pockets of the SJWs. Who will speak for the poor comic book fans, who are 100% without exception straight white cis men, when one of the megacorporations that puts out books in order to pull in profit is no longer catering exclusively to them, as evidenced by this nefarious confluence of release dates?

A Hermit

The only thing I learned form the website is that Owne and Aurini hope to be “coming soon.”

Not sure I needed to know that…

What, it’s coming out May 1? Like a week from now? How are they planning on working in that extra thing they haven’t even shot yet?

Falconer

I was expecting two crude gifs of sawhorses painted yellow and black, and equipped with rotating red and blue lights, bracketing a large announcement (in Comic Sans, naturally) of WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

You know, like GeoCities.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

What’s to stop them from milking their backers month after month with vague promises of “just one more super cool thing to film, just need a teensy bit of extra $$$$$ to make it happen”? They don’t seem to be very good at making a plan and sticking to it.

It’s hard to imagine anyone was foolish enough to sign up as an open-ended “monthly sustainer” for this project, but I guess there’s one born every minute. No one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of people who think they’re sticking it to feminists.

leftwingfox

“We need another $10,000 to add another 10 hours to a film with maybe 10 minutes of actual content.”

M.
M.

@Karl & Falconer

Actually, the Geocities GIF overload that makes my web designer eyes bleed aesthetic would suit Aurini…
comment imagecomment imagecomment image

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith

… there are still people backing this? wow.

M.
M.

comment image

Is there an embedding mammoth? =P

Policy of Madness

I don’t know, there is literally nothing on that site except 150 words in the “about the film” page. That is extremely shitty, regardless of what the site design looks like.

In a way, this is a lot like the film itself. This site is not even half-assed. Not even a quarter of an ass was put into it. This is maybe 1/16 of an ass. But they put it online anyway for everyone to see. There was zero effort made to ensure that the website was ready for visitors before it was put before the public. Their “trailer” was exactly the same, and I have no doubt at all that the final film will also be exactly the same.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I’m sure their backers are okay with it. It is for a noble cause. And every bit of cash that goes to The Sarkeesian Effect is money that can’t be taken by greedy, wicked women for…whatever it is that greedy, wicked women fund with moneys taken from helpless men (fanciful cocktails? SJW: The RPG? Luxury feminine products? Who knows what terrors lurk in the minds of MRAs…).

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith

@Flying Mouse: well here in Vienna we greedy wicked women like to spend that sweet cash stolen from helpless men here:
comment image

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Well, I think the writing’s on the wall folks. This is a film that is going to be made, despite much incompetence and wastage of funds. It seems there will only be one thing to do.

Hold a viewing party when this poop-bomb fails to entice any local theaters and goes straight to youtube.

Who’s with me? ^_^

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

They interviewed Thunderf00t. He already has about 50 hours of free videos detailing every single thought he’s ever had about Anita Sarkeesian, based on the videos youtube keeps recommending to me. Not to mention that he’s, you know, just some dumbass on youtube and not actually an expert on anything. Ditto for GWW and Elam.

So, $15,000 a month to interview people who have nothing to say and have already said it. About some lady who pointed out some really obvious things about women in videogames. And people actually gave these guys real actual real spendable real money for this.

It’s The Future now, at least according to the timeframe from sci-fi I grew up reading.
It’s stranger than predicted.

Karl
Karl

@Policy of Madness @freemage – I believe you are correct – now that I think of it, Avengers is written and directed by none other than feminist icon Joss Whedon!

There can be no doubt that the co-inciding release dates are a plot by the evil SJW conspiracy to ensure nobody goes to see their documentary!

ej
ej

The media section is also “Coming soon.” I’m so disappointed that I won’t be able to get stills from the film to use as the wallpaper on my computer. That is just what I want to see when I start up my computer.

weirwoodtreehugger

Is straight to YouTube the new straight to video?

Catalpa
Catalpa

Is straight to YouTube the new straight to video?

Nah, straight to video at least implies that there’s someone willing to manufacture VHS/DVDs for the show and put them on shelves to sell them (or in bargain bins, but still).

Policy of Madness

When it goes to Youtube, who wants to bet that they monetize it, even though it was paid for by backers?

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

@Tyra Lith – Truly the men of Austria are oppressed.

Who’s with me? ^_^

Count me in! I just finished a batch of misandrous mini-quiches for the freezer. I’ll bake them off when the blessed day arrives. I nominate Tyra Lith to provide the bonbons.

Quiet Wolf
Quiet Wolf

How the hell did all this start from just wanting to analyze representation of women in video games?

Falconer

But don’t you see! Anita got more money than she asked for! And she didn’t use the extra money for more videos, or to sexy up the videos she was making! And this is EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE and offense MUST be taken on behalf of her contributors by people who didn’t give her a single dime! OTHERWISE AMERICA IS DEAD!!

dhag85

Youtube has been recommending me to watch Thunderf00t videos for YEARS. Feels like an insult every time.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

I thought the website would be more of, what’s it’s? Anglefire-era shittery?

At least it doesn’t look like it’s made with tables, but they can at least learn how divs work and to compensate for different monitor sizes.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Quiet Wolf:

A large game of Telephone played by assholes.

booburry

Oh they definitely will. And Davis will still be driving around the car he bought with the funds long after the film has come and gone. (Unless of course they never actually come out with a finished product).

booburry

dhag85 I think there is way to make them not show up anymore. I think I blocked him on there and I haven’t gotten a rec. for his videos in a long long time. I can’t remember if it was blocking that did the trick or…something else I can’t remember.

Policy of Madness

The recommendations are based on viewing history. If you have a youtube account, go here:

Find that one video from Thunderf00t that you accidentally clicked on that one time, or the one you watched by one of his friends, and click the X next to it to get rid of it.

If that seems like too much work, you can also just completely clear your viewing history.

My history is so packed with cat videos and Lets Plays that I don’t have a problem with the recommendations no matter what I watch, so that’s another option. Find a cute kitten video and watch it, and everything else that’s cute and kitteny that comes up in the sidebar until Thunderf00t stops appearing.

1 2 3 5