#gamergate antifeminism davis aurini dawgies drama drama kings dudes who look like anton lavey entitled babies evil SJWs gamebros gross incompetence men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh sarkeesian! schadenfreude YouTube

Sarkeesian Effect Breakup Videos vs Tiny Puppies Struggling with Stairs

Not all puppies are adorable
Not all puppies are adorable

The things I do for you people.

Over the past few days I’ve been catching up with the small flood of Youtube videos that have come out that deal with l’affaire Sarkeesian Effect Breakup. The result is that I’ve spent so much time listening to Davis Aurini explain his terrible side of the story that he’s invaded my dreams.

And I mean that literally:  the night before last, I dreamt I ran across a grouchy and dispirited Aurini sitting alone at a table in McDonald’s. When he saw me he declared “don’t even think about trying to sit with me!” As if, dude!

Later in the same dream I was performing improv theater dressed as a hippie, but I doubt you’re interested in hearing more about that, so I’ll keep it confined to my dream diary.

Anyhoo, so I thought I would share a few of the more watchable Sarkeesian Effect videos.

I am aware that not all of you will have the time or inclination to watch all or even any of these videos, so I’m interspersing them with videos of tiny puppies trying to navigate stairs that are bigger than they are. Enjoy!

In this video, am angry Sarkeesian Effect supporter and Reaxxion writer laments that the implosion of the project might (gasp!) lead to Anita Sarkeesian having a good day. Well, her and “all the other SJW shitheads and all their little degenerate fucking beta cuck army of white knight assholes.” Skip ahead to 4:25 for that nugget. I’m tempted to make “Degenerate Beta Cuck Army of White Knight Assholes” t-shirts.

The videomaker later posted a lengthy interview with Aurini. So if you’re into that sort of thing — I don’t judge — you can take a listen. He followed this up with an exasperated and disillusioned third video in which he declared that the Sarkeesian Effect exes look like a couple of “squabbling children.”

Speaking of children, here’s an assortment of dog children — that is, puppies — facing stairs for the first time.

Here, Matt Forney, a leading contender for worst person on the internet, also interviews Aurini at length. The first seven or so minutes of the video, originally streamed live, are derailed by technical difficulties. So if you’ve ever wanted to hear an irritated and incompetent Matt Forney awkwardly try to avoid dead air while repeatedly trying and failing to connect to Davis Aurini on Skype, this is the video for you! (Next time, maybe get your interviewee on the line before going live?)

Here a tiny army of tiny puppies launch a tiny assault on a tiny set of stairs.

Here the clownish far-right pontificator Bernard Chapin suggests that the real lesson here is “never trust a leftist.” Because in his mind the libertarian Jordan Owen is a “leftist.” In other news, night is day and fish are birds.

Here a leftist six-month-old puppy teaches an 8-week-old puppy how to go down stairs.

Here, someone who supports the “messages” of The Sarkeesian Effect blasts both Aurini and Owen, declaring that “neither of you are qualified to do [this] project” and that Aurini is a “pseudointellectual windbag that spews word salad in an attempt to make himself sound sophisticated and intelligent.” As pleasurable as it is to hear a #GamerGater type launch into the two, there’s also some nasty stuff about Sarkeesian and some viciously transphobic crap about Brianna Wu, so be warned.

Here one fearless puppy and one nervous puppy tackle a set of stairs, with the help of an older dog.

Let me finish off with a little poll.

Wetherby
Wetherby

Did he accidentally buy a car? It could happen to anyone.

Kootiepatra

I voted for “Dog poop” because my feminist friend Katie told me to.

sn0rkmaiden

@KSRay

“Degenerate Beta Cuck Army of White Knight Assholes”

What a coincidence! That’s the name of my band!

😀

dhag85

Wow. Some more highlights from the Forney video:

* They clearly want to push the narrative of “Jordan is having a mental breakdown and needs help. Don’t be mad at him – feel sorry for him”. But they can’t even bring themselves to stick to this fairly simple plan. Every time they’re about to say they feel sorry for Owen, they stop themselves and change it to righteous anger.

* They constantly try to paint Owen as an SJW. So they presumably discovered this just a few days ago? Seems like they understand this is a bit of a tough sell even with their gullible audience, so at one point they qualify by saying “he’s not a full on SJW”. But wait, if this break-up is all down to Owen’s supposed mental illness, that means Aurini would’ve been fine working with an SJW just as long as he’s not mentally ill? As usual, I can’t follow this shit.

* Aurini reveals that Owen wanted to end the movie with a 10-minute unedited John Galt speech. Cool idea, bro.

* Aurini says he’s been doing professional editing for a long time. Not only with his own youtube videos, but also with this other project which he can’t remember the name of. Hahahahahahaha.

* Aurini reveals that “breast cancer is a scam”. Huh?

* Aurini brags about being able to figure out how a documentary would end before actually seeing the ending, which totally proves he understands movies.

* Aurini suggests Owen “needs a spanking”.

* Aurini says Owen is not a pretty boy, but he has rugged good looks.

This has been the highlight of my day. 🙂

Paradoxical Intention

dhag85

* Aurini reveals that “breast cancer is a scam”. Huh?

This is actually a line of reasoning I can follow and somewhat get behind. I imagine Aurini means that the fact that breast cancer gets more funding than prostrate cancer, or is just angry that it’s getting any at all because it mostly benefits women.

Breast cancer itself is not a scam, it’s a terrible, terrible thing. It’s how other people handle it that’s scammy.

Susan G. Komen’s CEO, for example, makes over 600K a year, and they take their donations to sue other “competing” charities who have “similar branding”. So these smaller charities have to take their donation money to hire a lawyer to defend themselves.

Then there’s all the “pink ribbon” merchandise that goes out every October. Only a smidgen of the proceeds for each of those products goes to charity, and most of them pay their dues to Komen.

For instance, while I occasionally watch WWE wrestling, every October, they trot out their poster boy, John Cena, with an announcement about their line of pink shirts for breast cancer awareness month, but only 20% of the proceeds for those shirts go to charity, and they’re a huge supporter of Susan G. Komen. In all honesty, if they donated 100% of the proceeds for just the pink shirts to another organization, I’d feel so much better about the whole thing.

There’s a documentary about it, in case anyone wanted more info on the topic: Pink Ribbon Inc.

And here’s some other organizations you can support instead of Susan G. Komen: http://jezebel.com/5884724/how-to-support-breast-cancer-without-supporting-komen

Also, I don’t support any charity that uses a phrase like “Save second base”. That makes it more about the boobies than it does about the people they’re attached to, and there’s so many women out there who have to get their breasts removed to save their lives, and they only end up being ignored by their lovers because they’re not “attractive” anymore.

[/Paradox’s Teal Dear about Breast Cancer]

robteix

Oh boy! Now I’m going to have nightmares with that creepy Aurini kittie

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Aurini reveals that “breast cancer is a scam”. Huh?

That’s actually great news. My dad didn’t have a physically painful, emotionally draining, and ultimately fatal medical condition, it was all a feminazi conspiracy to get the big buck$. Excuse me while I go tell him that he can quit being dead now.

dhag85

@Paradoxical Intention

If only he had said any of that stuff instead of “breast cancer is a scam”. :p

I did know that there are problems with the pink ribbon campaign and Susan G. Komen, and to be honest I think Aurini might even have mentioned that particular movie (not sure, I’d have to listen to the “interview” again, and I won’t), so maybe he did have something semi-intelligent thoughts on this topic – who knows? But given his track record I won’t give him that sort of credit unless he actually demonstrates the relevant understanding.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

What happened to Matt Forney post?

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

Um… Never mind. Sorry.

My queendom for a coffee!

Ice and Indigo
Ice and Indigo

Sorry about your dad, Flying Mouse. 🙁

proxieme
proxieme

re: kittens v puppies: It’s the little claws and accordion bodies!
Also, the heroic mews of strength!

re: “breast cancer is a scam”: I’ve heard that line of reasoning before.

“The Komen Foundation is corrupt —> breast cancer is a scam.”

No, chucklehead, that just means that some opportunistic people have preyed upon people’s sympathy for and fear of a horrible thing in order to line their own pockets.

*hands conspiracy theorist a “people suck” button*

Welcome to adulthood.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Thanks, Ice and Indigo. He’s been gone for over ten years now, but it still cooks my grits when these guys start in with “look at how much money breast cancer gets, and it’s a wimmenz conspiracy” garbage.

Men *do* get breast cancer, and if they’re like my dad they struggle extra with that diagnosis because it’s coded female (if you have a woman’s disease, how can you be a real man?). How ’bout a little support and affirmation for those men instead of dismissal? I haven’t seen any mention of male breast cancer victims from the manosphere, though if it’s there I’d be really happy to be proven wrong.

A-freaking-men, ParidoxicalIntent. The whole pinkwashing phenomenon makes me ragey. I don’t know how much lower you can go than profiting off of someone else’s illness, which – pittance for charity excluded – is what a lot of the October pink merchandise deluge basically is . And the Komen foundation is just terrible, I go out of my way to NOT buy anything that might support them.

Sort of related: Barbara Ehrenreich wrote an essay about how feminism made open talk about breast cancer possible, but at the same time how infantalizing a lot of “pink ribbon culture” can be. It’s a good read.

N.P.S.
N.P.S.

I never dreamed that anything could ever threaten the OT3 status of MRAs x coal miners x free weights in my heart, but now that Davis/Jordan + dog poop is in the running, I just don’t know what to think anymore. It’s all just so fucking sexy.

LBT (with open writeathon!)

RE: Dreadnought

Using “SJW” as an insult makes as much sense as attempting to slight someone because they’re against infanticide.

It reminds me of how Pervocracy once said that you can’t say a neutral or positive thing in a nasty voice and instantly make it nasty. I think it was intended to be a play on the ‘weekend warrior’ or ‘keyboard warrior’ thing, but I don’t think it quite works.

RE: Xanthe

Hi all, I must confess to all here present, that I voted for Aurini

There, there. We forgive you.

RE: PussyPowerTantrum

And mangina, don’t forget. Also possibly cockubine?

Oh man, my hubby desperately wants to be a cockubine. He says he’s bi, so he magically gets the title.

(Also, alas, the magazine rejected the story you betaed for me. Thanks for helping!)

RE: Flying Mouse

Excuse me while I go tell him that he can quit being dead now.

I’m sure your father would be thrilled to hear!

LBT (with open writeathon!)

RE: Flying Mouse

Here, here. Obviously, I had top surgery for reasons other than cancer, but seeing how both my grandmothers have had breast cancer and my mother had to watch out, not gonna lie, I am NOT sorry to have decreased my cancer risk. (Not eliminated, obviously and unfortunately, but still, drastically reduced.)

robteix

A couple of things I noticed after watching the non-kittie videos above.

Aurini keeps repeating how he’s not going to tell everyone about things he knows about Jordan because they’re not relevant. And he keeps alluding to them. All. The. Time.
re: the videos of the futurama guy there. I find it hilarious how important they believe this film is. It’s like they honestly believe that they are uncovering some massive conspiracy that will finally convince the world that men are victims of an all-powerful matriarchy.

lith
lith

@Paradoxical Intention:

Don’t worry, I’m sure the supporters of this charade will find some way to justify Aruini’s expenditures while simultaneously decrying Anita for not documenting every red cent she spends on her project.

Further, they’ll somehow twist it to be her fault. Because, I don’t know, her body parts made him do it.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@Dvärghundspossen

that’s really interesting, thanks! I really thought this was kind of fixed knowledge. But yeah, HD is genetic and I guess breeders tell you all kinds of stuff to not acknowledge the fact that it’s basically breeding itself that produces certain illnesses. Nevertheless, I loved my giant Schnauzer.

Re: pink ribbons
Barbara Ehrenreich is the best! My mother had breast cancer and quickly learned to shy away from people who told her to “think positive.” Luckily, she found a good support group. And even more luckily, she was allowed to take part in experimental hormone therapy, which is much, much less painful than chemo.

What is it with these guys and shitty youtube videos? Even if your livestream is basically ten minutes of “Oh shit, I didn’t plan any of this in advance”, why can you not just edit that out when uploading it on youtube? I mean, seriously, all it takes is one click. Editing is misandry, I guess.

Moggie
Moggie

Yeah, riiight.

skullbearer

I voted Dog Poop because we have an incidental chance of seeing a dog.

LBT (with open writeathon!)

RE: Moggie

I meant that it just doesn’t make logical sense. People DO it all the time.

RE: Bernardo Soares

Ugh, I LOATHE that whole ‘thinking positive’ thing. Sometimes, no, you really just need to get mad or sad and realize you’re in a shitty situation. It’s fine if you manage to keep your chin up, but I can’t fault anyone for being down or miserable WHEN THEY HAVE CANCER. I’m not going to ask them to pretend they’re happy when they’re not, just to make things easier on ME.

Bina
Bina

OMG, even in other people’s dreams, the dude can’t stop negging. That’s pretty sad.

Also, what is it with the LOOOOOONG videos they all seem to favor? No wonder no one likes them — these guys are windier than the streets of Chicago!

freemage

BTW, while breast cancer does receive more funding than prostate cancer, the gap closes considerably if you factor in both frequency and 5-year fatality rates. If I recall, the frequency was pretty close between them, but fatality rates for prostate cancer were considerably lower. There’s still a discrepancy, but that doesn’t make breast cancer research funding a scam, it just means that prostate cancer funding needs an increase. But of course, these asshats insist that everything is a zero-sum game.

friday jones
friday jones

@Sparky – Justforyou: http://youtu.be/g2ah2mwo1oM
=D

KSRay
KSRay

Of course he says that to keep up his tough guy persona, but really he’s hoping you’ll sit down next to him. He’s going through a really hard time right now and desperately needs a friend to comfort him while he cries into his McFlurry.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

That’s exactly what that whole spiel is about. It’s not going to help, on the contrary. But other people don’t have to be confronted with your suffering.

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

@ Bernardo Soares and LBT

Agreed on the “positive thinking” thing.

For an excellent analysis of positive thinking and its toxic effects, I highly recommend the book “Bright Sided” by the wonderful Barbara Ehrenreich.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

@LBT – Cancer risk reducing fringe benefits are awesome! 🙂

Thinking about men with breast cancer has also made me realize something about MRA’s and their concern with prostate cancer: I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of them admit that some women can get it too. Do they realize that diseases don’t care about your gender, they just strike when the conditions are right? Or do they ignore the cases that don’t support their favorite arguments?

Ugh, Bernardo Soares, I hate that one, too. No thanks, well-meaning people. Laying cheerful guilt on someone for not being happy enough is not going to help anyone overcome anything.

Jorji Costava
Jorji Costava

I vote for Dog Poop; as the brother of Oscar-nominated cinematographer Dick Poop, Dog Poop already has more qualifications as a filmmaker than Aurini and Owen put together (especially if “Lust in the Time of Heartache” is any guide).

Anyways, I’ve always been perplexed by the intense need felt amongst Gamergate and Red Pill types to discredit Anita Sarkeesian and other ‘SJWs’ as human beings. In 1975, Chinua Achebe gave a landmark talk in literary criticism called “An Image of Africa: Racism in Conrad’s Heart of Darkness.” Plenty of folks in the literary establishment were outraged, and many more rushed to defend the integrity of Conrad’s work.

But what I don’t recall any record of hearing about is attempts by academics to discredit Achebe as a person or scholar; professors and critics did not go about scrounging around for every last bit of evidence that might even hint that Achebe’s credentials as a scholar weren’t legitimate, or that he didn’t cite his sources correctly, or even that he had been affiliated with pickup artists. None of this is to say that Feminist Frequency or anything is of comparable significance to Achebe’s talk on Conrad, but that just seems like the grown-up way to deal with criticism of the things you love. But I guess if they were grown-ups, these guys wouldn’t be in the manosphere to begin with, would they?

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

If you want to learn more about cancer, the history of modern treatment, and why it is so difficult to treat, I recommend The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee. It is by turns depressing and uplifting. He intersperses a history of cancer research and treatment in with stories of his own modern patients.

He’s not a fan of “thinking positive” as a treatment for cancer.

One thing he mentions is that breast cancer has a decades-long history of activism behind it, and pioneered techniques used later by AIDS activists. Prostate cancer activism, if my perception is right, is much younger and is also borrowing strategies from the breast cancer movement–so basically, MRAs are complaining that women didn’t do all their work for them in the past, even when women are helping out now.

One of my mom’s cousins was diagnosed with brain cancer about a year and a half ago, right after the birth of her grandson–she’d been acting strange for months, but was saying really, really bizarre things while at the hospital after the birth, and her daughter managed to bring her to the attention of some nurses. Thanks to surgery and chemotherapy, she’s survived a year since. Her doctors don’t know if and when she’ll relapse, but she got to see her daughter marry and hopefully live long enough for her grandchildren (there is another on the way) to remember her.

sparky
sparky

friday jones:

O_O Holeeee shit.

Wait, Donald Sutherland, Jeff Goldblum and Leonard Nimoy and a creepy human/dog hybrid? How have I not seen this movie?

Shaenon

I once dreamed that old Mammoth troll NWO moved in across the street from me, and it was really awkward.

During the Bush administrations, I periodically had dreams in which I met Bush and he wanted to be friends and I felt guilty about badmouthing him all the time. But only until I woke up.

Bina
Bina

Any dude who thinks breast cancer is a “scam” is cordially invited to go wipe his ass on a barrel cactus while strung out on crystal meth. My mom was treated for it several years back and has been in good health since her treatment was completed. I’m sure she’d be very impressed to learn that what she had removed from her breast, followed by radiation and chemo, was nothing more than a “scam”.

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

I’ve heard arguments that NFL’s endorsement of Breast Cancer Awareness Month is really a cynical merchandising scheme with very little of the money actually going towards breast cancer, but this might be the first I’ve heard that breast cancer itself was a scam.

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

Am I the only one who wants to hear more about David’s dream of doing improv while dressed as a hippie?

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

I had a dream about Bush once that got turned into a Slow Wave comic.
comment image

tralala
tralala

Bwahahaha omg the Matt Forney video.
4:20 he’s losing his shit “Christ. AUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

This is all too beautiful.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@Jorji Costava
Generally agreed on the Achebe comparison, although I want to add that his critics pulled out every other stop in the “white academic establishment reacting to criticism of their literary geniuses” spiel: you have to see Conrad’s racism in historic context, the book is still written beautifully and one of the most important examples of literary modernism (as if anyone had denied that), Achebe is attacking Conrad on personal grounds, and so on.

That reminds me of when my partner, still at Uni, startled her professor by arguing that Spanish philosopher Ortega y Gasset was thoroughly sexist (which should be obvious to anyone who has read two sentences of his work). The young, male professor, startled, stuttered: “well, he was still a genius”, as if the two could not exist on the same plane, and as if the whole category of “genius” wasn’t a problem for any analysis.

Mercy
Mercy

@Lady Mondegreen

I too am dying to hear about the hippy improv dream!

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

For crying out loud, men get breast cancer too.

Geez. I hate the way they routinely throw men under the bus just as much as I hate the way their attitude on women. For people who are supposed to be all about helping men they don’t really give a crap about a lot of men, either.

Wetherby
Wetherby

For crying out loud, men get breast cancer too.

Indeed they do, including a close friend of mine – although thankfully they seem to have caught his at a sufficiently early stage. He said it was decidedly weird being the only man sitting in the consultant’s waiting room, but cancer is cancer.

Newt
Newt

It fits with their straw-clutching cries of “but but but, context!”

Want to highlight Aurini’s conspiracy theory about breast cancer? A direct quote, even with link and timestamp, is cherry-picking – that information should only be available to people who have the spare time to sit through the technical difficulties. If you skipped any part of the vid, your criticism is invalid.

Ellesar

Re Cancer – prostate and breast. What a lot of people do not realise is that for very old men prostate cancer is the norm, with about 70% of the over 80s having it. At that age cancer is very slow advancing, and the usual treatment is no treatment. That is NOT misandric negligence! The same medical decision is likely to be made with a very elderly person with breast cancer.

I am guessing that the reason this fact is not better known is because lots of people are still terrified of the C Word, and the thought that as an older man that you are more likely to have cancer than not is just not helpful in any way.

chevrolet9

Their definition of men is almost as narrow as their definition of women.

DL
DL

Voted dog poop because I have two miniature poodles and I KNOW they’re more competent and would not just finish that documentary, but make an even better one from scratch – “Building and living in the poop mansion: soon possible or an unattainable dream?”

Moggie
Moggie

Yep, my father had it. His doctor told us – though admittedly in more careful language – “don’t worry about it, because something else will kill him first”.

keshkirshkinra

I find it sad that trash humpers, and nixon and hogan films have better production quality.

Skye
Skye

Moggie and Ellesar, I’ve heard somewhere that more men die with prostate cancer than of prostate cancer because more older men than younger men get it and it tends to be not as aggressive as other types